Dancer in the Dark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
I know Backfire and MP have seen this. I finally got around to seeing it and I kind of don't know what to think. Bjork was fantastic, the musical aspects were very unique and interesting. Sometimes it was jarring the way they were integrated into the film, but that's just me. Very sad film; I wasn't sure what I was supposed to get out of it. The importance of the imagination, perhaps?

Anyway I liked it.

Thoughts on this movie?

BackFire
It really is one of the most emotionally devastating films I've ever seen. It's very draining and at times near impossible to take.

That said it's amazing, Bjork was incredible. Her face is so expressive and that alone creates an almost unbearable amount of empathy for the character.

The musical sequences were great and I loved how they worked in context with the rest of the film, opposed to how most musical work - just random music that puts the story on hold.

jaden101
Astounding film. Quite possibly the best "musical" i've ever seen. Although the genre only partly fits.

The only criticism I had of it was that Catherine Deneuve didn't really fit her role...She's too...worked on...in that she's had too much plastic surgery to be believable as that character.

MildPossession
She says she has never had any plastic surgery(Botoxy type things maybe, but not full on plastic surgery). Apparently her Mum looks just as good, and she is in her late 90s. It's possible, going by my Grandma, and Mum, I'd never have to bother with it. It's the French blood. stick out tongue

As for the music, my favourite piece is during the end credits, New World is a fantastic track.

jaden101
Hmmm...I think she's lying. But i'm a skeptic.

Either way...She still doesn't look right for the role. I just never found her believable as Kathy. Don't know who I'd have had in her place though.

Robtard
I'll be watching this soon; it better be as good as your cock-gobblers say it is, or else.

jaden101
I could save you the bother of watching it in 2 words if you'd like?

She dies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.