A Team assualt Ulduar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EvilAngel
A team of characters are charged with the assault and disposal of the minions of the titans and the Old God of Death, Yogg-Saron.

The team is composed of:

TP Link, He is limited to the items within this game. He will have access to a few dozen of each the bombs in OoT.

The Fable Hero. All powers minus turncoat and Slow time.

Kratos (none god) - This version of Kratos is from the beginning of GoW 2 so naturally no blade of Olympus.

Ryu Hayabusa from NG2, all ninpo and He weilds the true dragon sword.

Blood Omen 2 Kain, He is limited to Fury, Berserk, Jump and Mist gifts. The mist gift will for the sake of this thread be given a cooldown of atleast a few minutes.

I'm sorry if i over/under estimated members of the team to make their strength uneven.

Most of you i assume will not know Ulduar. So here's a rough description.

Assuming none of the team can drive vehicles they will have to make their way, and fight forward by foot against a few hundred Iron dwarves, and Iron Giants, there will be the occasional mechanical spider that attacks with small rockets and flame throwers. Once they reach the gate of Ulduar the Flame Leviathan Will break through the main gate and attack. It uses rockets, multiple flame jets, and it's size to fight. (This thing is pretty damn big, so in case you want to argue it will be assumed Kratos cannot lift it)

Once this is cleared their fight Razorscale a rather large drake. During this fight Iron dwarves and Vykrul (12ft warriors) will emerge from the ground and she breaths fire from well above the ground down upon the dwarves and the team. Once a member of the team is able to use a nearby harpoon to pin her to the ground the team can attack her.

Afterward the team must kill several flame giants and elementals to get to Ignis the furnace master who is basically an iron giant (50ft est) who will scorch the ground with his molten fire, shoot flames from his hands and generally just stamp and hit you.

Once he he is defeated they must defeat XT-002 Deconstructor and his 'toys' This giant robot (80ft est) will try to crush the party, and use his hands which can be projected and returned to attack. During the fight his 'toys' will join the fight, being different types of robots, a fighter kind, and a walking bomb kind that will blow up upon contact or destruction.

After this the group must fight their way past more iron dwarves, iron titans and iron giants to get to the Iron Council. An Iron vykrul (left), and Iron dwarf (middle) and an Iron Giant (right). Each possessing their own powers. The Vykrul will drops damaging runes on the floor and helpful runes to his allies, the Dwarf will use electrical powers such as chain lightning and lightning nova and the giant will attack by infusion electrical energy in his physical attacks.

Once those are clear they must next defeat Kologarn a rather large giant of stone. His is probably a few hundred feet tall, but will be engages as shown. He can shoot beats from his eyes and as he breaks the broken rubble become stone elementals and attack. He will regenerate several times before finally dying.

After he is defeated the team will have to kill more Iron titans before they can engage Auriaya. This stone giantess is guarded by 2 large tiger pets and will occasionally summon a dozen more to fight for her. Once her two initial kitties are slain another will be brought into the fight that is very fast, and will jump of enemy to enemy knocking them down.

After she is cleared they move on to Mimiron. He fights behind a variety of machines, the first a tank resembling the flame Leviathan which drops mines, and plasma attacks and shells. The second is a turret like machine that uses rapid energy attacks and heat based attacks. Thirdly he will use a flying gnome head (no kidding) as a helicopter that will shoot plasma balls. After that he fights using all 3 at the same time. If the team can beat that he gives up and they can move on.

Should he be defeated they must move on to Freya, another iron maiden. She will use a shield that will heal her ridiculously until 2 waves of 10 plant monsters are killed. 2 waves of 2 larger planet monsters with a lightning elemental, and finally 2 waves of Ancient Conservator's, basically a tree monster (30ft est). Once they are defeated her shield is lowered and she can be killed.

Should they kill her they can then move on to Thorim. Thorim is an extremely powerful fighter, his weapons rumored to have turned an continent to dust. So naturally the team will want avoid any direct blows at all costs. He also possess great lightning powers, using them in the form of chain lightning, and will also charge himself up with them steadily increasing his attack speed.

After that fight they then must defeat Hodir. Hodir using great ice powers, to the point where even slowing down is dangerous as it will allow the cold to have a greatly damaging effect. During the fight he will make his icy cavern drop boulders of ice all over the place, and will occasionally attempt to freeze the whole team in solid ice blocks which can only be avoided by moving where the ice last fell (for the sake of the thread we assume they hid behind the last fallen ice). Other than that Hodir will trying to crush his enemies.

They must then defeat faceless ones until they get to General Vezax. This powerful faceless one hits extremely hard and using shadow missiles, massive flame attacks in all directions and using powers to drain life from his enemies healing himself in the process. After this enemy is defeated they can move on to Yogg-Saron....

The beast with a thousand maws, the god of death, Yogg-Saron. The fight begins with the team getting attack by a few large Faceless ones, while Sara a vyrkul 'mage' casts spells against the team. At this point she cannot be attacked. After the faceless ones are defeated she reveals herself to be Yogg-Saron, the creature surfacing in the pool, Sara hovers above. Yogg-Saron will shield himself with a very powerful barrier at this point which will render him immune to all attacks. Tentacles will appear all over the room, each covered in mouths with razor sharp teeth. Sara will then cast large and powerful shadow spells that attack the mind aswell as the body. After the fight is underway he will open portals, by entering the characters will be attacked by tentacles, but if they can defeat them they will be able to attack the minds eye directly, and thus weaken the shield on Yogg-Saron, however if they spend too long in there Yogg-Saron can automatically make them insane and thus he will control them like a mind slave. After the shield is down he will spawn more faceless ones periodically until his 'head' is defeated.

13 bosses, hundreds of enemies. Where do you think they get to and why? =)

Q'Anilia
Why not Algalon? stick out tongue

Burning thought
Thats not really fair, considering WoW heroes do not need any special training to ride the vehicles, most of which have technology not seen elseware in the game so they could not learn it from experiance. I think the team should be allowed to use the vehicles otherwise I dont see anyone other than kratos and maybe Ryu surviving the march on Ulduar, theres literally hundreds of dwarves, if not thousands and several titanic entities, then youve got the spawning, helicopters etc ive not seen anyone here take dozens of rockets which is what the helicopters fire as does the Leviathan which is enormous, only Kratos if he still has his god strength (you claimed no God form, but consdiering you said from the beginning of GoW2 technically hes not a full God yet stil has phenominal strength) could he damage it. Otherwise youve got Kain would could never scratch it, Link whos the same, only his bombs and such may do something and I dont know about Ryu.

Utrigita
The team is going to be annihilated imo.

Burning thought
You should allow max power Kain, end of Gow 2 Kratos+Gow 3 knowledge and perhaps composite Link. Then they may have a small chance at getting through a few bosses but its not going to be easy.

EvilAngel
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Why not Algalon? stick out tongue

I decided they aren't trying it on hard mode ;p

Oki, so supposing i allow them access to vehicles for the first part.

ScreamPaste
..You don't seem to realise how broken that is. A composite Link is simply insane. I am against the use of a composite Link in most threads. erm Also, if a composite Link /is/ used, you best take away two pieces of the triforce, cause he gets the entire thing otherwise and spites the hell out of a lot of threads.

Edit: I don't see why they'd lose at flame leviathan. Kain may be unable to physicly harm it as BT says, but TP Link and Kratos are both very strong, with magic weapons to boot. I wish you'd chosen a different Link, however. Light arrows = handy.
If Ryu has the true dragon sword he can definitely harm it as well.
I don't know much about the fable hero.

I think they make it past the leviathan easily.

Burning thought
Normal Kratos has never breached the thick steel of a tank or anything like it and I dont belive link has either, both would die in a hail of missles which the leviathan fires constantly.

EvilAngel
Agreed, the i think it will be a challenge, becauses it's so different from anything i can remember any of them fighting, but i think they pass it.

Same with Razorscale and Ignis.

The XT-002 Deconstructor may prove to be a problem, what will all his adds.

I think if they can beat him, they stand a good chance of getting to Auriaya. Her and anyone after that they will probably struggle with.

In my opinion they definately stop at General Vezax.

ScreamPaste
@BT: Metals have very high tensile strength, and Kratos tore the hand off of the collossus. Yes, bronze is much weaker than steel, but Kratos has enough feats of strength that he can punch through a tank. erm

Link can stack tanks like pancakes on one hand. /shrug. With his sword factored in there's no reason he can't tear right through the leviathan.

Rockets < energy blasts from Ganon, or lightning from Zeus, imho. Kratos and Link tear it apart on their own. erm

They make it past hte Leviathan easily.

Hierarch
is lightning from Zeus stronger than common lightning?

Burning thought
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
@BT: Metals have very high tensile strength, and Kratos tore the hand off of the collossus. Yes, bronze is much weaker than steel, but Kratos has enough feats of strength that he can punch through a tank. erm

Link can stack tanks like pancakes on one hand. /shrug. With his sword factored in there's no reason he can't tear right through the leviathan.

Rockets < energy blasts from Ganon, or lightning from Zeus, imho. Kratos and Link tear it apart on their own. erm

They make it past hte Leviathan easily.

That only depends if this is that Kratos and I still have doubts that he has those feats, punching through a tank, likely made out of a far stronger metal than steel (very unlikely a fairly high tier raid boss has equipment made from a quality of metal that you would find at a very low level) is >>>>>slicing through thin bronze.

lol yeah your version, but no the canon version would not have a chance, hes never torn through anything of such durability.

Not likely, a couple of those missiles is enough to destroy a WoW hero, these missiles are spat out at like 3/4 at a time a second, that's not to mention it could crush them.

iChaos
What's up with Kratos in these topics?

@Hierach: Zeus' lighting destroyed buildings or pieces of it, I think. And the only "magic" that Kratos has is Poseidon's Rage.

Burning thought
Zeus' lightning that he threw AT buildings destroyed them, but he never through lightning of that size or shape at Kratos, certainly not canonically.

ScreamPaste
You /do/ realise Ganon is a city buster, yesz?

Hierarch
and Thorim a continent buster

ScreamPaste
Thorim's also much later in the gauntlet.

Hierarch
did not realize the discussion was about a particular fight

ScreamPaste
We're discussing Fire Leviathan.

Hierarch
we might need to think at least above pansar durability

Burning thought
You /do/ realise Ganon is a city buster, yesz?

Not, ive not seen this at all, its probably an assumption or a special circumstantial event and:

Unless he used this exact attack on Link, then you cannot use it for any feat for Link at all....not to mention Ganon is not in this fight so what are you even mentioning this for?

Fact is the fire leviathan is an advanced Tank created by entities far beyond steel and such, its more along the lines of Saraonite, many grades above and is far beyond bronze that Kratos has damaged and prob w/e Link has as well.

ScreamPaste
Got any feats for it? smile

Burning thought
Few of these things have any feats at all, their gameplay. Although it can pretty much 1 hit WoW players who would by now have faced dragons, monsters and entities that would make Link wet his pants and even Kratos would prob be defeated by some of them. Its armour also survives tens if not hundreds of thousands of DPS from tanks and such, the machine itself requireing players to be in their own tanks to fight it unlike other bosses.

ScreamPaste

EvilAngel
Got any feats for it? smile

1rrbYgLllDo

well it does drive through a pretty damn thick stone and metal door, smashing it pretty hard.

Don't ask about the video, it's the only one with clear footage of it's entrance

Ms.Marvel
no expression

ScreamPaste
Clear enough for me. Thanks for actually finding it :P

Hm. I wonder if the characters are strong enough to tip it on it's side if they work together? stick out tongue

EvilAngel
Lol, good idea on how to beat it ;p

But it shoot flames from all these vents all over it if you get too close. Makes it a pain to fight when you're on the bike

ScreamPaste
Well, flames aren't the worst thing any of these characters will have faced :P shoving it on it's side pretty much neuters it and then they can just abuse it. I vote they pass the Leviathan.

EvilAngel
I vote they do too tbh, just not via that method ;p

Burning thought
Kratos may be able to pull that off its its the super strength version.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.