Thor/Beta Ray Bill vs Superman/Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Gladiator is at full con...

Who win

-Pr-
could have sworn this was done a few weeks ago. anyways...

depends on the matchups, but team 2 for now...

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
could have sworn this was done a few weeks ago. anyways...

depends on the matchups, but team 2 for now...

LOL, might was but I've been off for a while.

Why did you choose team2?

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
LOL, might was but I've been off for a while.

Why did you choose team2?

i fancy Superman to beat either of team 1 (like i said in the other thread), and while i don't rate Gladiator as highly as Thor, i'd rate him as highly if not higher than Bill.

FTR i don't believe Thor and Bill are necessarily equals in every sense.

Wolverine2006
didnt beta ray bill beat thor and take his hammer? i think either they're equals or brb>thor. close tho.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
i fancy Superman to beat either of team 1 (like i said in the other thread), and while i don't rate Gladiator as highly as Thor, i'd rate him as highly if not higher than Bill.

FTR i don't believe Thor and Bill are necessarily equals in every sense.

I agree, thor and bill are not equals in power BUT bill is more power than the two hes going against. The only thing that team two have over Thor and Bill is speed and I can put up a couple of scans that'll prove that the hammer brother can hang with them.

I'll never truly understand why you give anyone off of the jla a majority over thor when its pretty clear thor has the advantage over them (didnt want to single out superman). Lets not even forget the fact that Bill doesnt even hold back and the raw power that he's carrying.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
didnt beta ray bill beat thor and take his hammer? i think either they're equals or brb>thor. close tho. That when they both met (old comics).

Thor has display better & new feats.

Thor also kick BRB, Surfer, Adam Warlock butts in infinity saga. (best version of Thor for H2H)

-------

My vote for Team 1, but slightly.

Thor has the ability/POWER to kill either hero in team#2, but like PR said.

Team 2 has slightly more speed & maybe strength.

james2099
I know that Supes and Glads are both stronger than thor and bill ( easy to prove )..... They are much faster combat wise also.... The problem for supes and glads would be those hammers.... But we also know that supes and glads can blitz before team one can react..... We also know that team 2 can one shot team 1 quicker than team 1 can team 2... Its a hell of a fight for either team to win,,,,, But i see supes and glad taking to the air and using speed and planet busting punches for the win.... besides.... whats to stop supes and glads from blitzing thor together and taking him out, then get bill together?.. Or vice verse?... Team 2 8/10

carver9
Originally posted by james2099
I know that Supes and Glads are both stronger than thor and bill ( easy to prove )..... They are much faster combat wise also.... The problem for supes and glads would be those hammers.... But we also know that supes and glads can blitz before team one can react..... We also know that team 2 can one shot team 1 quicker than team 1 can team 2... Its a hell of a fight for either team to win,,,,, But i see supes and glad taking to the air and using speed and planet busting punches for the win.... besides.... whats to stop supes and glads from blitzing thor together and taking him out, then get bill together?.. Or vice verse?... Team 2 8/10

I can prove otherwise with strength feats. Thor strength feats are more impressive than supes (even though I think they're equals).

Travel speed I would agree with but combat speed, NO. They have combat speed feats. Didnt beta ray bill punch a Fernus wolf 8 times before it reacted. Didnt bill blitz tanaraq and had a hammer to his face before it react? Lets not even bring up their traveling speed.

Now I would love for you to prove something for me, I know glads is a planet buster but can you prove the same for supes?

Spire
laughing

carver9
Originally posted by Spire
laughing

I hate your smileys.

Can you please tell me what you are laughing at?

james2099
I can prove otherwise with strength feats. Thor strength feats are more impressive than supes (even though I think they're equals).

Travel speed I would agree with but combat speed, NO. They have combat speed feats. Didnt beta ray bill punch a Fernus wolf 8 times before it reacted. Didnt bill blitz tanaraq and had a hammer to his face before it react? Lets not even bring up their traveling speed.

Now I would love for you to prove something for me, I know glads is a planet buster but can you prove the same for supes? Well supes cannot bust a planet, but he can oneshot either thor or bill..... Thor is not equal to supes in strength.... The strongest on the field is gladiator..... Thor and bill have speed feats yes.... but nowhere near supes or glads..( easy to prove also )..... Now as for combat speed... thor and bill are good... yet again.... not on the level of supes or glads... Remember now my friend.... thor is my boy along with glads.

carver9
Originally posted by james2099
Well supes cannot bust a planet, but he can oneshot either thor or bill..... Thor is not equal to supes in strength.... The strongest on the field is gladiator..... Thor and bill have speed feats yes.... but nowhere near supes or glads..( easy to prove also )..... Now as for combat speed... thor and bill are good... yet again.... not on the level of supes or glads... Remember now my friend.... thor is my boy along with glads.

confused He can one shot thor; someone who has taken attacks from celestial, the destroyer, surfer, thanos, his father, etc.... Someone who has NEVER been one shotted. I cant see that happening.

Thor IS equal to Supes in strenght, especially if we're using just strength feats that dont consist of flight.

Travel speed, all of there speed are comparable.

Combat speed: Glads>Supes>Thor=Bill but I think that the brothers could get just as many punches on them.

Spire
Looks like you're getting ready for another weekend Superman denial/hate-fest.

vansonbee
confused He can one shot thor; someone who has taken attacks from celestial, the destroyer, surfer, thanos, his father, etc.... Someone who has NEVER been one shotted. I cant see that happening.

Thor IS equal to Supes in strenght, especially if we're using just strength feats that dont consist of flight.

Combat speed: Glads>Supes>Thor=Bill but I think that the brothers could get just as many punches on them. I am having doubts that speed is comparable sad

james2099

Combat speed: Glads>Supes>Thor=Bill but I think that the brothers could get just as many punches on them. Those were energy blasts he took.... Wonderman one-shotted him, gladiator one-shotted him, supes one-shotted him ( crossover mess )... with punches backed by strength ... HE ones-hotted thor, Zeus one- shotted him, the crusader one-shotted him..... the wrecker one-shotted him.... there are others who did it different ways... but he has been taken out by one punch or one energy blast plenty of times.... BS those may be... but it happened.

dmills
With no PIS or CIS team 1 should take a solid majority. Thor has beaten Glads before, and Magic is one of Supes biggest weaknessess. I see glads being taken out and then Thor and Bill taking turns sharing vaseline on Supes.

I'd say a speed blitz is Team 2's best hope, but Glads is the only one of the two that I see regularly using a speed blitz on panel. Supes rarely blitzes his enemies.

-Pr-
I agree, thor and bill are not equals in power BUT bill is more power than the two hes going against. The only thing that team two have over Thor and Bill is speed and I can put up a couple of scans that'll prove that the hammer brother can hang with them.

I'll never truly understand why you give anyone off of the jla a majority over thor when its pretty clear thor has the advantage over them (didnt want to single out superman). Lets not even forget the fact that Bill doesnt even hold back and the raw power that he's carrying.

that's your opinion, and you're welcome to it. i disagree. on almost every point.

disagree about the strength thing too.

Kris Blaze
Superman's the only one with a legit speed advantage over the group here.

Gladiator has an edge because he would not be afraid to kill Thor or BRB. They have qualms about killing, period. There's no telling how many people or civilizations Gladiator has offed for the Shi'ar. Though I doubt this is something that could win him the match, it would provide an edge early on. Superman and Thor both seem to hold back a great deal.

But yeah, team 1. Massive power advantage over an arguable speed advantage.

Philosophía
Team 2.

Warlord
Team 1

Gladiator would be more difficult opponent since no magic weakness applies

Mindship
As much as I like Supes, Team 1 takes this. Their raw power is comparable, but they exceed with versatility.

The Nuul
T1

quanchi112
Originally posted by dmills
With no PIS or CIS team 1 should take a solid majority. Thor has beaten Glads before, and Magic is one of Supes biggest weaknessess. I see glads being taken out and then Thor and Bill taking turns sharing vaseline on Supes.

I'd say a speed blitz is Team 2's best hope, but Glads is the only one of the two that I see regularly using a speed blitz on panel. Supes rarely blitzes his enemies. I agree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.