Eternity vs Destiny

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Destiny from the Endless.

King Kandy
Eh... can Destiny even fight? What does he do except talk about his book?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Destiny from the Endless. What has Destiny does combat wise?

Mr Master
Eternity ftw, in a shit stomp.

Who cares if DC's world is in his book,
Eternity is from a completely separate Omniverse,
and D's book has no hold on him.

... blow for blow, (in a pis free environment) Eternity packs all creation behind his attack.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by King Kandy
Eh... can Destiny even fight? What does he do except talk about his book?

holding it

Originally posted by Mr Master
Eternity ftw, in a shit stomp.

Who cares if DC's world is in his book,
Eternity is from a completely separate Omniverse,
and D's book has no hold on him.

... blow for blow, (in a pis free environment) Eternity packs all creation behind his attack.

IIRC the book is described as the same and Destiny is permanently holding it

but IMO the whole matchup doesn't really work

Mr Master
Originally posted by Parmaniac

IIRC the book is described as the same and Destiny is permanently holding it

What does this mean?

Parmaniac
What does this mean?

you said:

well the book IIRC is described to hold the Universe itself in it (past/presence and future) and Destiny is holding it by that I would assume his blows would have the same impact (if he would/can hit), cause he's holding it, like Eternitys

but to be honest I don't really know if that match up even works

quanchi112
Originally posted by Parmaniac
you said:

well the book IIRC is described to hold the Universe itself in it (past/presence and future) and Destiny is holding it by that I would assume his blows would have the same impact (if he would/can hit), cause he's holding it, like Eternitys

but to be honest I don't really know if that match up even works No, he just records everything and we don't even know how formidable he'd be in a fight unless there is something I missed.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by quanchi112
No, he just records everything and we don't even know how formidable he'd be in a fight unless there is something I missed.

like I said I don't know if he even can hit but if he can there will be a lot of impact behind it

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9205/db1a.jpg
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6717/db2o.jpg
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/3993/db3f.jpg
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6124/db4k.jpg
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2820/db5z.jpg
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/197/db6y.jpg

props to Galan

Prep-Man
Nice stuff.

Galan007
i hate threads that involve the endless. regardless, i feel very confident in saying that eternity would not defeat destiny. much the same can be said about destiny defeating eternity.

at any rate, there would be no "OMG WTF STOMPAGE!!11!" here... to say otherwise shows an extreme bias, imo.

King Kandy
Endless can be destroyed. I don't see why Destiny is any exception.

Galan007
Endless can be destroyed. I don't see why Destiny is any exception. destiny cannot be destroyed until the whole of creation comes to an end... when there is no longer a need for the concept he embodies

debating whether or not eternity could beat destiny, or vice versa, would lead to a very paradoxical argument.

King Kandy
Wouldn't he just be replaced with a new aspect like the others?

kevdude
I've never seen another Destiny or Death then those two, Death does have avatars of herself though. Destiny has erased beings and realms from his book and made new ones. Can't say one can overtake the other I agree

guy222
agreed

Galan007
Wouldn't he just be replaced with a new aspect like the others? destiny is destiny, death is death, dream is dream, etc.

a member of the endless cannot truly be destroyed unless there is no longer a creation-wide need for said member. keep in mind, the endless aren't just vessels in which the concept they embody is contained - they are the concept.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Galan007
destiny is destiny, death is death, dream is dream, etc.

a member of the endless cannot truly be destroyed unless there is no longer a creation-wide need for said member. keep in mind, the endless aren't just vessels in which the concept they embody is contained - they are the concept.
Yeah, we've seen endless destroyed before; dream, particularly. There is a new dream afterwards, but there wasn't a new Morpheus. Daniel became the new dream, but even the other endless weren't like "oh hey dream, I see you're just fine after all"... they recognized that there was someone who had died, and that person dying is what would constitute a forum win.

Galan007
Yeah, we've seen endless destroyed before; dream, particularly. There is a new dream afterwards, but there wasn't a new Morpheus. Daniel became the new dream, but even the other endless weren't like "oh hey dream, I see you're just fine after all"... they recognized that there was someone who had died, and that person dying is what would constitute a forum win. that particular vessel died. the concept of dream did not

regardless, are you honestly trying to say that because dream's vessel was destroyed, it automatically means destiny's could be as well? that is a very faulty/unsupported claim, my friend.

King Kandy
that particular vessel died. the concept of dream did not

regardless, are you honestly trying to say that because dream's vessel was destroyed, it automatically means destiny's could be as well? that is a very faulty/unsupported claim, my friend.
I don't see why it would be any different between endless, they share many properties. Despair was also destroyed. I think it's pretty obvious there's nothing about aspects of the endless that make them indestructible.

Galan007
I don't see why it would be any different between endless, they share many properties. Despair was also destroyed. I think it's pretty obvious there's nothing about aspects of the endless that make them indestructible. the fact that destiny was ONLY destroyed when the end of creation came about, should give you your answer.

and you should really stop trying to use ABC logic where the endless are concerned. they are not equals in any way/shape/form. the only thing they have in common is that they were each created by god.

King Kandy
They aren't? I thought they were all roughly equal in power.

occultdestroyer
Meh.. Destiny seems to be above the other Endless

Galan007
They aren't? I thought they were all roughly equal in power. destiny and death have always been portrayed above the 'scope' of the other members of the endless.

Kris Blaze
Am I the only one who remembers that Dream -allowed- himself to die. There is a lot of things he could have done against the kindly ones. It became pretty clear in his conversation with Death that he chose to let them kill him.

Philosophía
i hate threads that involve the endless.

King Kandy
destiny and death have always been portrayed above the 'scope' of the other members of the endless.
Cool. I didn't know that. Guess you learn something every day.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.