S04E05 - Hysterical Blindness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_D_J
Official Episode Preview

Samuel prepares for new additions to his family, while Lydia warns him of the consequences. Claire discovers that her roommate Gretchen may have a hidden agenda. Meanwhile, Peter finds an unexpected way to connect with Emma, who would prefer to stay distant. Elsewhere, a different side of Sylar emerges as he desperately tries to remember the person he used to be.

Hysterical Blindness Preview

tsZ2COpJmRY

Discuss...

S_D_J
Yep

Lesbian kissing

it doesn't look hot though erm
... is actually funny big grin

BruceSkywalker
i doubt the kiss between hayden and maddie will even matter

The Nuul
Sylar did some good acting and wasnt a bad story. Claires story made sense but is just it sucks. However shes getting hotter as she ages though and I sill cant stand her voice. The deaf lady is boring with her lights. Still a boring EP.

Best part is seeing Winston again.

S_D_J
Is that Mandy Moore on your sig?

HOT!

The Nuul
Its Kelli Baker from Toronto.

S_D_J
droolio

she is hot....

... haven't watched the episode yet. I'm actually looking forward to seeing it

BruceSkywalker
a fair episode...

the kiss wasn't that awe inspiring...

sylar was ok...

peter's possible new gf needs improvement

saintsaucey
Well if that is the only kiss we see I'll be surprised. Haven't seen the entire episode I'll watch it on hulu in the morning.

REXXXX
I have a feeling that Emma will become more important to the overall plot with the revelation that her power can smash shit. That's pretty cool.

Apparently it was Hayden Pannettierre's idea to have the lesbian plotline. Totally didn't see invisible girl ****ing with Claire's life... quite literally coming.

starlock
There are some fine moments...but this episode was so boring and there was lots of rehashing of bad plot points....i still don't have faith in this season...and each episode only takes me further away from caring or even being immersed in the show's premise

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by REXXXX
I have a feeling that Emma will become more important to the overall plot with the revelation that her power can smash shit. That's pretty cool.

Apparently it was Hayden Pannettierre's idea to have the lesbian plotline. Totally didn't see invisible girl ****ing with Claire's life... quite literally coming.

I hope you are right about Emma

off topic, but on thursday if you have the time check out Flashforward and Fringe and let me know what you think big grin

Red Nemesis
I liked the deaf/synesthesia plotline and was actually disappointed that it led to a possible combat/violent application. Don't they already have enough people that can kill with their magic? Not everything has to turn into a fight.

I was also disappointed with the Claire plot- I'm getting really tired of her (granted she is quite hawt). She is just boring- she isn't badass, when she tried to be BA she fayled, and being normal simply isn't working. Hell, she didn't even take a new identity, she dragged her past with her. Stupid and dumb.

The Nuul
I want good action, this slow boring crap is over done already.

REXXXX
Nice to see that a few people are coming around, but I'm still getting the vibe that most of the former Heroes fans on KMC are just writing out stuff that can be summarized as 'DGAF.'

Mairuzu
I liked this episode

REXXXX
I think people watch Heroes wanting to see super-powered battles... but that's really not the point of the show. I like the character interactions, especially now that the characters aren't flip-flopping all over the place.

starlock
I think people watch Heroes wanting to see super-powered battles... but that's really not the point of the show. I like the character interactions, especially now that the characters aren't flip-flopping all over the place.

I think the law of averages is in your favor with that assumption...but i want suspense.terror,drama, light hearted fun....done right...done with some skill and talent.....if i want to i can always record soap operas to get my drama over drama sad story weird family scenarios......i thought the point of the show was HEROES?...i understand that they all have lives....and with that comes daily dramas and such...but is it too much to ask for it to be done the right way?

The Nuul
I cant stand this slow soap opera stuff.

Mairuzu
I'd like to see more badassery

S_D_J
Loved this episode, though "Ink" was much better. I think everyone suspected of Gretchen, but I never thought we will have another invisible person (everyone wants Claude) though it appears she can move between planes, cuz it did seem as she teleported to go to Samuel and then back to Campus. It's nice to have plot points resolved in later episodes (the suicide note) because it shows they are caring about them. Though it can be argued the introduction of Rebecca "Becky" was a bit cheap, since she could have been in it from day one, I though the montage of her being behind everything that's happened to Claire was nicely done.

I continue to love Emma,... and her discussion with her mother, inter-cut with Peter/Angela's conversation was pretty well done, showing to opposite sides (wanting to connect/wanting to be alone) loved the "you work to much" line

I agree that turning her ability into something deadly it's unnecessary, but at least they introduced it slowly instead of in full swing, only to be killed as soon as it shows.
Peter trying to run and hitting his legs when he couldn't was hilarious, as it was Claire-Gretchen kiss.

the best part was Sylar (and obviously Ernie Hudson). it was so refreshing watching Zachary Quinto play something other than evil or flip-flopping Sylar. Just as Emma last time, watching him discovering his power, and not being able to remember anything was pure gold. The "ticking"... nice. And then the escape was actually quite energetic and really entertaining.

what I like the most though, it's having normal characters around (though as small or recurring as they can be). Ernie Hudson's Captain Lubbock is a perfect example, and even though I don't know her character name, the psychologist played Christine Adams was a nice character too... and I sorta like Gretchen.

I agree. I never thought of Heroes as action-sci fi show or the (Live) action Justice League reincarnated. That has never been the point. It's always been about normal people discovering they have abilities and what they do with them and how that affects their normal lives. It was somehow grounded in reality... and then it went closer to the "Comics" side of superheroes and that's when its started to suck. People coming back from the dead, super healing blood that revives anyone, and the old clutch of Saving the World of future cataclysm and any other comic Mcguffin around. I like that it was like "Watchmen" superheroes, and no so much like "DC/Marvel" stuff. you can't really explain how this power could actually happen in the real world, it's more like magic than anything, but I'm more interested in how this character develop and how they use their power in real situations. A super powered fight is always nice to watch, action is almost inherent, but not always necessary as it sometimes does little to move the story.

Originally posted by starlock
I think the law of averages is in your favor with that assumption...but i want suspense.terror,drama, light hearted fun....done right...done with some skill and talent.....if i want to i can always record soap operas to get my drama over drama sad story weird family scenarios......i thought the point of the show was HEROES?...i understand that they all have lives....and with that comes daily dramas and such...but is it too much to ask for it to be done the right way?

They are actually doing it right this time around. I really hope they can keep it up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.