Are you a good person?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
I won't define what "good" is, that'll be up to you guys.

But I pose to you that simple question, do you consider yourself a morally good person? What criteria are you using to judge yourself? Do you think about this question often?

I'm just curious. At times I wonder if I'm a good guy. I mean, the conclusion is generally yes, I don't kill/abuse people or anything intense like that, but of course there are times where I lie, cheat, even steal and while I typically don't think twice about these things, I wonder sometimes in retrospect if this affects whether or not I'm a decent person.

Anyway, have at it. Let the introspection begin.

Red Nemesis
I consider myself a good person insofar as I live in a way that helps society continue.

Objectively good? Nah.

-Pr-
Am i good? No. Do i try to be? Yes.

FistOfThe North
i think i'm a good person. but i am very ambitious. i remember always looking out for the interest of others before myself but since i'm an ambitious person i don't know howthe 2 qualities can co-exist. You're life would be a living contradiction.

But don't get me wrong. like i would never maliciously cause someone heartache or grief via malcontent just so they can suffer or have a hard time in life but as i've matured, and by just watching others experiences, it seems that the way to get ahead is stepping on heads, even moreso if they are ignorant or none the wiser, in order to advance yourself.

I also've noticed that lying gets people really far, if done right.

Effectively pretending to be someone your not in order to fit in only to secretly advance self interests is what i've noticed happening alot over time.

I do mean well but it's a dog eat dog world out there, where you have to come first, or lose.

WickedDynamite
You can only be good if others tell you so....now, if people hate you. You're just a bad person.

Voila!

Placidity
Originally posted by -Pr-

Symmetric Chaos
Of course, why would I ever do something I consider bad?

Bardock42
Better than you, *******!

Amazing Vrayo!!
No, I put myself before others and while this is generally considered bad by society, I don't really give a rat's ass. I will lie cheat and steal to get what I want. Now if only I could figure out what I want.

Bicnarok
Nope,

AsbestosFlaygon
Morally, in all aspects other than sex, yes I am.

dadudemon
Self assessment like this sucks.

I'm good, in some ways. Bad, in others. For instance, have have dirty/naughty language at times. Not good. I try to watch my mouth around ladies and children...but I slip up every now and then.

The Dark Cloud
Yes, I consider myself a good person, it's why I'm not one of the "elite"

CrissCross941
I suppose it depends on what side of the bed I wake up on. One day I'll be helping someone away from a cliff, then next I'll be pushing them off it. Though I often have a negative reaction to things, so if I were to choose, I guess I'm a bad person. evil face

jaden101
Nope. I am a "horrible (unt"

I was inducted in the hallowed halls at T in the Park 2007 after telling an extremely sick joke.

LordSMVS
Only on Tuesdays and Fridays. What day is today?

Lord Lucien
Morally--no. But when it comes to following my own ethics, then yes, I'm f*cking saintly.

kgkg
I'm as good as the best of them, but as bad as the worst.

Luminatus
No. But I try to be...sometimes. Other times I simply don't care.

lord xyz
I think I'm a very good person, but I don't always act like one.

Bardock42
Originally posted by lord xyz
I think I'm a very good person, but I don't always act like one. Can you explain that more thoroughly?

magicturtle
Humans are incapable of true self judgement, this is rooted into our sub-consouncies, so the only way to really know is to have 1 other person know everything about you, EVERYTHING..... and uh.... yea... thats about it, OH and i think ima good person, cus people tell me im nice, funny, cewl... yaknow all that good stuff

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by magicturtle
Humans are incapable of true self judgement, this is rooted into our sub-consouncies, so the only way to really know is to have 1 other person know everything about you, EVERYTHING..... and uh.... yea... thats about it, OH and i think ima good person, cus people tell me im nice, funny, cewl... yaknow all that good stuff

ANG ANG ANG ANG ANG WRONG. Self conscious tells yourself whether or not you are a good person. Am i a good person? No, but i try. Damn, people just make this stuff up or do any of you dummies actually read philosophy? eek! laughing

StarCraft2
as long as you do not commit a crime and your are beneficial to the human race.

yes i am

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by -Pr-

ADarksideJedi
Not always but I do try to be.

Deja~vu
I believe I am a good person, though some might believe I am a naive person. I try to treat others with respect, seeing things from their point of view, I don't lie, or cheat anyone. Though I think about being vengeful, I never act on it. But in not lying, I've suffered the vengence of others and in not reacting, people sometimes take advantage of that.

I guess my one fault is making threats when I get angry, yet I never follow through with them. People who know me would know that.

King Castle
if we are using each individual person's sense of morality, i would think i am more often then not a very good person. i tend to uphold my values and i do my best not to compromise them even when it screws me over big time.

but, my morality is more of a set of rules and principles i live by and not arbitrarily religious moral values.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.