Thanos Vs Thor, Superman, Silver Surfer and Alan Scott

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Ok Of the 4 listed, that is Thor, Superman, Silver Surfer and Alan Scott, which would give Thanos his toughest test in a no prep battle that starts on Earth.......Who would be his toughest test and last the longest before getting k'oed or worst...and Why....Or would either one be able to get the win?

Thanos(standard form) Vs Thor(current)

Thanos(standard form) Vs Superman(current)

Thanos(standard form) Vs Silver Surfer(current)

Thanos(standard form Vs Alan Scott(current)

iceman24567
Thor best durability in my opinion.

batdude123
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thor best durability in my opinion.

Thor doesn't have better durability than Superman or Silver Surfer.

xJLxKing
I think Alan Scott can do really good. Though, they should all do the same. Thor, and Superman should take the most beating and still get up. Thor can do high damage with God Blast. Superman with his "counter-vibration".

iceman24567
Originally posted by batdude123
Thor doesn't have better durability than Superman or Silver Surfer. Yes he does

Naija boy
Thor would do the best because he has the most potent attacks as well as the best defense against thanos energy attacks (which can take all of these guys down in just a few hits). that being said, thanos wins 10/10 against all of them

Supermex
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I think Alan Scott can do really good. Though, they should all do the same. Thor, and Superman should take the most beating and still get up. Thor can do high damage with God Blast. Superman with his "counter-vibration".

I agree with u about Alan Scott...I think SS would do the best...is my thinking right now...

Slaanesh
Thor would do the best..

batdude123
Yes he does

No, he doesn't.

xJLxKing
I like how you guys argue.
Yes he does
NO he does
Yes he does
No, He doesn't
big grin
Very nice!!

iceman24567
No, he doesn't. Indeed he does

batdude123
Indeed he does

Not.

iceman24567
Not. Fine sad

batdude123
smile

Juntai
Superman
Thor
Surfer
GL

carver9
Thor
Surfer
Superman
Gl

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by carver9
Thor
Surfer
Superman
Gl

That's very bad for Superman and GL, when we know how Thanos manhandle Thor and Surfer.

Thanos smack they're ass 10/10 and probably pulls out a majority against them all.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Very interesting thread as I have mixed feelings.

1. Superman will his incredible will and determination and durability along with punching output with speed is potent. I can see him going to town on thanos. Problem is I'm not sure he could do enough damage before getting hit himself, plus he just lacks versatility

2. Thor and for the reasons Naija Boy said.. Very good durability and the most power attacks of all. Plus he's tailor made to deal with thanos and his energy blasts. Thor just likes to mix it up too much and would go there and he's no supes in that area.

3. Surfer has very good durability and the second highest energy output of anybody on the field. Him along with super have the best speed. He's imo the most versatile of the group with Thor and Alan a close behind. Problem here is he just doesn't have the firepower to hurt thanos it seems, and doesn't have the durabilty to take the blasts Thor can with his hammer. However, a surfer going all out might be able to pull off some cool tricks to try and deal with thanos.

4. To me Alan Scott has the least chance here. While it could be argued he has the best versatilty he doesn't have near the firepower the others do and we seen that output really not put a scratch on THanos. Therefore, all the versatility in the world isn't going to help Alan scott against some who is also versatile and more powerful.

If made to choose

1. Thor
2 SS and Supes are pretty close a slight edge to SS imo
4 Alan Scott

h1a8
Superman wrecks him everytime. I don't know about Alan Scot. The others lose. Thor may give him a good fight though and win some.

dmills
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman wrecks him everytime. I don't know about Alan Scot. The others lose. Thor may give him a good fight though and win some. No.

thanos-prime
Superman wrecks him everytime. I don't know about Alan Scot. The others lose. Thor may give him a good fight though and win some. How do you see superman winning but not thor or surfer?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Juntai
Superman
Thor
Surfer
GL

thumb up

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi

1. Superman will his incredible will and determination and durability along with punching output with speed is potent. I can see him going to town on thanos. Problem is I'm not sure he could do enough damage before getting hit himself, plus he just lacks versatility

compared to the others, maybe, but in general? no. he actually has a surprising amount of versatility with what would seem like a limited powerset.

plus, superman can take a punch as well as if not better than anyone on that list. his damage soak from energy isn't bad either.

Superman wrecks him everytime. I don't know about Alan Scot. The others lose. Thor may give him a good fight though and win some.

don't be silly.

Kris Blaze
How can you claim that Superman can take hits better than the rest on the list? Planetary explosions knocked him out, twice. Thor and Surfer have both stood through it.

Warlord
indeed

Naija boy

2. Thor and for the reasons Naija Boy said.. Very good durability and the most power attacks of all. Plus he's tailor made to deal with thanos and his energy blasts. Thor just likes to mix it up too much and would go there and he's no supes in that area.

3. Surfer has very good durability and the second highest energy output of anybody on the field. Him along with super have the best speed. He's imo the most versatile of the group with Thor and Alan a close behind. Problem here is he just doesn't have the firepower to hurt thanos it seems, and doesn't have the durabilty to take the blasts Thor can with his hammer. However, a surfer going all out might be able to pull off some cool tricks to try and deal with thanos.

4. To me Alan Scott has the least chance here. While it could be argued he has the best versatilty he doesn't have near the firepower the others do and we seen that output really not put a scratch on THanos. Therefore, all the versatility in the world isn't going to help Alan scott against some who is also versatile and more powerful.

If made to choose

1. Thor
2 SS and Supes are pretty close a slight edge to SS imo
4 Alan Scott

Very good analysis, the only thing id like to mention is that with the aid of mjolnir, Thors striking power is>supermans so while he may not have supes speed he has him beaten in damage output anywya u look at it.

Thanos ftw still though.

Juntai
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
How can you claim that Superman can take hits better than the rest on the list? Planetary explosions knocked him out, twice. Thor and Surfer have both stood through it. People have varying showings of durability. Much less has knocked out Thor before.

Remember, just a short time ago, Superman survived roughly 700 lightyear explosion of a sun eater, after having his power sapped away. And not only wasn't knocked out, but flew away mostly unharmed.

Naija boy
^er wasnt it just the shockwave of the explosion that he took and then was able to escape before being hit by the oncoming radiation?

Juntai
Originally posted by Naija boy
^er wasnt it just the shockwave of the explosion that he took and then was able to escape before being hit by the oncoming radiation? The comic specified he wasn't going faster than light, and he flew to the center of the sun eater and detonated a bomb that blew up a beast that was roughly 700 lightyears. Suggesting he didn't take the blast is foolish, he however did avoid the entropy wave itself, but might not have if he wasn't saved.

Naija boy
The comic specified he wasn't going faster than light, and he flew to the center of the sun eater and detonated a bomb that blew up a beast that was roughly 700 lightyears. Suggesting he didn't take the blast is foolish, he however did avoid the entropy wave itself, but might not have if he wasn't saved.

hmm, there is certainly room for other interpretations. The scan only acknowledges him being hit by the shockwave from the explosion. He then escapes the oncoming radiation. As we know, the shockwave of a supernova comes before the radiation which then expands outwards.

Juntai
hmm, there is certainly room for other interpretations. The scan only acknowledges him being hit by the shockwave from the explosion. He then escapes the oncoming radiation. As we know, the shockwave of a supernova comes before the radiation which then expands outwards. So you'd rather say he flew, judging by center. . like 350 lightyears in the time it took the bomb to explode? Even though he was going slower than light..?
You're reaching. He was dead center when the bomb went off. lol.
In either intepretation, the shockwave is the concussive force in an explosion. This explosion, was a rather large one.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So you'd rather say he flew, judging by center. . like 350 lightyears in the time it took the bomb to explode? Even though he was going slower than light..?
In either intepretation, the shockwave is the concussive force in an explosion. This explosion, was a rather large one.

As far as Durability Juntai how would you rank Supes, Thor and SS when it comes to

1. Energy blasts
2. blunt force

xJLxKing
Superman's durability in Energy Blast should be bigger then Thor's

Warlord
based on?

xJLxKing
My opinion, and some feat that both have. That specific feat Juntai is talking about is pretty impressive, then there is Mageddon

Warlord
I see Mageddon more as an absorption feet more than durability since his body drained its anti sun energies...

IMO classic thor had some crazy durability feats too.

The truth is as Juntai said that showings vary

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Superman's durability in Energy Blast should be bigger then Thor's

And compared to Surfers?

Also, I assume were talking without Mjolnir, as with it, he couldn't certainly take much more than supes

Naija boy
So you'd rather say he flew, judging by center. . like 350 lightyears in the time it took the bomb to explode? Even though he was going slower than light..?

Not really sure i understand what ur saying in this post. The shockwave of a supernova expands at the speed of light which was indicated in the comic. On the other hand the radiation that follows expands at slower than the speed of light so clark would have been able to outrun it for a while depending on the speed he was going at (even while being slower than light).

xJLxKing
And compared to Surfers?

Also, I assume were talking without Mjolnir, as with it, he couldn't certainly take much more than supes
Mjonir will absorb the attack, but it doesn't indicate Thor could.
I certainly don't know everything about Surfer to say I am 100% right. Though, I'd like to think it's Superman.

Philosophía
It was clearly depicted that Superman was hit by the electromagnetic shock from the explosion..

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/th_SupermanElectromagnetic.jpg

.. and that the wave of radiation following its wake was expanding with Superman trying to outrun it..

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/th_SupermanRadiation.jpg

It takes only basic panel/description following skills to understand it.

quanchi112
Superman wrecks him everytime. I don't know about Alan Scot. The others lose. Thor may give him a good fight though and win some. What are you basing this off of?

Kris Blaze
People have varying showings of durability. Much less has knocked out Thor before.

What has?

batdude123
What has?

lmao

Kris Blaze
lmao

Show me.

batdude123
Show me.

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7600/blackpanther08p11cl0.jpg
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9806/blackpanther08p12ig1.jpg

Kris Blaze

PIS.

In the same comic, Black Panther's big friend was able to fight Thor. A regular human, without any super strength.....

xJLxKing
laughing out loud

batdude123
PIS.

In the same comic, Black Panther's big friend was able to fight Thor. A regular human, without any super strength.....

You asked, I showed. smile

Kris Blaze
You asked, I showed. smile

facepalm

The "No PIS" Rule

PIS = Plot Induced Stupidity

At times, for the sake of the plot, characters that are immensely more powerful than their opponent will "job" to carry on the plot of the story, even though the characters powers and history would clearly show that they are more than capable of destroying their opponent. For this reason we have a No PIS Rule. This rule prohibits the use of such instances of PIS from being used as evidence in debates.

batdude123
facepalm

The "No PIS" Rule

PIS = Plot Induced Stupidity

At times, for the sake of the plot, characters that are immensely more powerful than their opponent will "job" to carry on the plot of the story, even though the characters powers and history would clearly show that they are more than capable of destroying their opponent. For this reason we have a No PIS Rule. This rule prohibits the use of such instances of PIS from being used as evidence in debates.

PIS, blah blah blah, ***** and moan, blah blah blah...

Putting all that aside, you actually think Thor can't be knocked out by anything less than a planetary level explosion?

Lawlz.

Kris Blaze
PIS, blah blah blah, ***** and moan, blah blah blah...

Putting all that aside, you actually think Thor can't be knocked out by anything less than a planetary level explosion?

Lawlz.

Seriously, do you have any sort of issues here. There is no way you can actually believe that a human being without any powers can legitimately fight Thor, ergo you're trolling.

To answer your question, no single attack can do it. Repeated attacks below planetary level can knock him out.

DarkOdin

eek! laughing What comic series was that and is that even the 616 universe

batdude123
Seriously, do you have any sort of issues here. There is no way you can actually believe that a human being without any powers can legitimately fight Thor, ergo you're trolling.

To answer your question, no single attack can do it. Repeated attacks below planetary level can knock him out.

lmao

I can't seem to figure you out.

Some days you're normal and rational...

And other days, you're a psycho.

Kris Blaze
lmao

I can't seem to figure you out.

Some days you're normal and rational...

And other days, you're a psycho.

That's rich coming from you baka

I'm wondering how the hell you can claim that any ONE attack below planetary can knock Thor out. Years of taking attacks from Odin, Celestials, Mephisto, planetary explosions and tons of other attacks.

Do you have any of these incidents where Thor is supposedly one-shotted by anything less than that? Of course several attacks below that level can do it, but one? bring it.

Starscream M

Do you have any of these incidents where Thor is supposedly one-shotted by anything less than that? when did batdude ever say that thor could be one-shotted by something less?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Starscream M
when did batdude ever say that thor could be one-shotted by something less?

"Putting all that aside, you actually think Thor can't be knocked out by anything less than a planetary level explosion?"

That's what I read out of this. Though he hasn't actually -read- many Thor comics, I wonder how he would supposedly know so much about what is required to knock Thor out.

Starscream M
"Putting all that aside, you actually think Thor can't be knocked out by anything less than a planetary level explosion?"

That's what I read out of this. Though he hasn't actually -read- many Thor comics, I wonder how he would supposedly know so much about what is required to knock Thor out. well, I took that to mean that batdude thinks hits weaker than planetary level explosion can KO thor, but that doesn't mean one-shot hits necessarily. maybe it was implied and I missed it. embarrasment

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Starscream M
well, I took that to mean that batdude thinks hits weaker than planetary level explosion can KO thor, but that doesn't mean one-shot hits necessarily. maybe it was implied and I missed it. embarrasment

He kept on raging even after I mentioned multiple hits the first time. So clearly he must have some issue with it.

batdude123
First of all, I was joking with those scans that I posted... which apparently was "trolling." ermm

Second of all, just to throw this out there, I'd be more than happy to have a Superman/Thor battlezone match, considering that's where this is heading.

batdude123
He kept on raging even after I mentioned multiple hits the first time. So clearly he must have some issue with it.

Me calling you a psycho was completely independent of the Thor bullshit. smile

xJLxKing
I would be glad to help Superman in that thread

Kris Blaze
First of all, I was joking with those scans that I posted... which apparently was "trolling." ermm

Second of all, just to throw this out there, I'd be more than happy to have a Superman/Thor battlezone match, considering that's where this is heading.

I don't have the time or the will to go through some bullshit popularity contest.

So why don't you back up your initial challenge here. Show me some of the incidents where Thor is supposedly knocked out by far less than a planetary explosion.

-Pr-
How can you claim that Superman can take hits better than the rest on the list? Planetary explosions knocked him out, twice. Thor and Surfer have both stood through it.

like what? the jla one by mcduffie? or the one with the supernova and the planet?

and of course, there's this:

People have varying showings of durability. Much less has knocked out Thor before.

Remember, just a short time ago, Superman survived roughly 700 lightyear explosion of a sun eater, after having his power sapped away. And not only wasn't knocked out, but flew away mostly unharmed.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by -Pr-
and of course, there's this:

And I asked what had knocked Thor out, that was far less.

To which Batdude posted the scans of Thor being knocked out by a bullet. You see, normally there are three incidents we see regarding Thor from the DC-side. His fight with Superman in the crossover, which we do not use by KMC rules, his fight with Rulk and this bit.

I would like to see some incidents from Thor's own damn comic, where he is legitimately knocked out by something far less. Nor do I see the point in posting his fight with Superman. Superman can punch planets asunder.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
like what? the jla one by mcduffie? or the one with the supernova and the planet?

and of course, there's this: I do agree that there are just too many inconsistencies among various writers and that llagrok going by these two showings is very narrow minded and not looking at the bigger picture.

Philosophía
That made me laugh pretty good.

quanchi112

Kris Blaze

psycho gundam
facepalm

KuRuPT Thanosi
So... what are people's views on who does the best here?

Juntai
Originally posted by quanchi112
I do agree that there are just too many inconsistencies among various writers and that llagrok going by these two showings is very narrow minded and not looking at the bigger picture. thumb up

Juntai
I ALWAYS look at the bigger picture, sometimes. fixed.
big grin

Kris Blaze
thumb up

You're giving Quanchi a thumbs up baka

quanchi112
Quan, You are always right and very wise. I am sorry I had you on ignore for two years. Please forgive me?
big grin I guess you do deserve a second chance. wink

quanchi112
You're giving Quanchi a thumbs up baka Jealous?

Juntai
I guess you do deserve a second chance. wink lmao.

Nihilist
Superman

quanchi112
lmao. wink

Originally posted by Nihilist
Superman Over Thor?

Kris Blaze
Back on topic, team takes it.

quanchi112
Back on topic, team takes it. How so? Thanos can beat each of them rather easily. he has shields to protect himself and has taken the wrath of Odin before. How do they win?

h1a8
team wins

BlindMurdock
Thanos is overrated.I don't even think he can beat Superman let alone Thor Silve Surfer and Alan Scott at the same time.

iceman24567
Originally posted by BlindMurdock
Thanos is overrated.I don't even think he can beat Superman let alone Thor Silve Surfer and Alan Scott at the same time. laughing

iceman24567
Since when did this become a team battle noobs?

-Pr-
And I asked what had knocked Thor out, that was far less.

To which Batdude posted the scans of Thor being knocked out by a bullet. You see, normally there are three incidents we see regarding Thor from the DC-side. His fight with Superman in the crossover, which we do not use by KMC rules, his fight with Rulk and this bit.

I would like to see some incidents from Thor's own damn comic, where he is legitimately knocked out by something far less. Nor do I see the point in posting his fight with Superman. Superman can punch planets asunder.

you've read more thor than most people. are you going to claim that he's never been knocked out by anything less than the equivalent of a planet exploding in one shot?

i honestly don't know either way, but i'd be willing to believe he's been knocked out before. just like superman and alan and norrin.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor. His the only one hear who actually has the fire power to put down Thanos (With one attack mind you.) and when using Mjolnir and all of it's capabilities would actually challenge Thanos for example he can Force Fields/Barriers through which not even Thanos can get through with his attacks. Based on that Thor is the most ideal challenger here.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor. His the only one hear who actually has the fire power to put down Thanos (With one attack mind you.) and when using Mjolnir and all of it's capabilities would actually challenge Thanos for example he can Force Fields/Barriers through which not even Thanos can get through with his attacks. Based on that Thor is the most ideal challenger here.

So.... in your opinion a God Blast attack would KO and defeat Thanos? I disagree with that but regardless, you feel Thanos would just let thor stand there and take the time to fire said blast? I fight that difficult to believe. To say nothing of the fact that Thanos has shields himself which have proven to stand up to powerful attacks and Thor's God Blast would be no different. Furthermore, what are the examples your basing thor erecting force fields that Thanos can't break. What are the examples your basing this on?

That being said.... Your correct that Thor would do the best but by no means would he beat Thanos.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So.... in your opinion a God Blast attack would KO and defeat Thanos? I disagree with that but regardless, you feel Thanos would just let thor stand there and take the time to fire said blast? I fight that difficult to believe. To say nothing of the fact that Thanos has shields himself which have proven to stand up to powerful attacks and Thor's God Blast would be no different. Furthermore, what are the examples your basing thor erecting force fields that Thanos can't break. What are the examples your basing this on?

That being said.... Your correct that Thor would do the best but by no means would he beat Thanos.

What am I basing it on? I'm basing it on the fact that Thor, in on hit put down Majestron Zela who in her own right was supposedly a Skyfather, had absorbed the power of all the Dark Gods to form a union and had Odin's power added on top of her own. He also sent Galactus running for the hills like a *****. He also used his Godly Energies to seal a hole in reality. Oh and the Celestial moment. Mjolnir can at the very least absorb more energy than it takes to destroy a Galaxy, but even with double the fortification, it exploded. Hell, Thor once attempted to contain (Albeit he couldn't hold the energies in the end.) energies equivalent to the Big Bang (They were described that way as I recall.). It literally nullified the entire 616 except the Avengers and the research center that created the reactor. That tells you how much power it's packing.

That's why I mentioned the Force Fields. One vortex spin, and he has all the time he needs.

What am I basing the Force Fields not being breached by Thanos' power on? The fact that his Force Fields' have blocked attacks from Infinity (The Dark Aspect of Odin that was threatening the Universe.), and they contained a bomb capable of destroying 1/5 of the Universe completely. I acknowledge Thanos' fire power, but no way in hell can he top those levels of energy.

Thanos in general is above Thor, but Thor has all the tools needed to bit him really.

batdude123
He also used his Godly Energies to seal a hole in reality.

Superman just rubbed his hands together to do that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman just rubbed his hands together to do that.

You mean when he created electromagnetic energy or whatever to seal that thing in space?

Scans? I haven't seen it in a while, and I don't remember the issue number.

batdude123
You mean when he created electromagnetic energy or whatever to seal that thing in space?

Scans? I haven't seen it in a while, and I don't remember the issue number.

Ugh, you're really going to make me search for it?

KuRuPT Thanosi
What am I basing it on? I'm basing it on the fact that Thor, in on hit put down Majestron Zela who in her own right was supposedly a Skyfather, had absorbed the power of all the Dark Gods to form a union and had Odin's power added on top of her own. He also sent Galactus running for the hills like a *****. He also used his Godly Energies to seal a hole in reality. Oh and the Celestial moment. Mjolnir can at the very least absorb more energy than it takes to destroy a Galaxy, but even with double the fortification, it exploded. Hell, Thor once attempted to contain (Albeit he couldn't hold the energies in the end.) energies equivalent to the Big Bang (They were described that way as I recall.). It literally nullified the entire 616 except the Avengers and the research center that created the reactor. That tells you how much power it's packing.

That's why I mentioned the Force Fields. One vortex spin, and he has all the time he needs.

What am I basing the Force Fields not being breached by Thanos' power on? The fact that his Force Fields' have blocked attacks from Infinity (The Dark Aspect of Odin that was threatening the Universe.), and they contained a bomb capable of destroying 1/5 of the Universe completely. I acknowledge Thanos' fire power, but no way in hell can he top those levels of energy.

Thanos in general is above Thor, but Thor has all the tools needed to bit him really.
I know and understand the examples your using. Even though you left out some of the circumstances behind them. What I'm asking you is this... are you that confident Thor's God Blast can even breach Thanos's shields as we know what they have stood up to in the past? Second, doesn't Thor get weak after fireing said blast and thus if Thanos blocks it or teleports away or behind him.. does that leave Thor pretty vulnerable? Third, in case of infinity which you cited, didn't the Infinity actually get to Thor and his shields didn't actually hold up in that encounter?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Ugh, you're really going to make me search for it?

It would be nice as I'm also curious to see the cicumstances around said feat.

On a side note.. it seems Batdude has gone on the warpath when it concerns Thor and Supes big grin

batdude123
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2345/realityfixng9.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
I know and understand the examples your using. Even though you left out some of the circumstances behind them. What I'm asking you is this... are you that confident Thor's God Blast can even breach Thanos's shields as we know what they have stood up to in the past? Second, doesn't Thor get weak after fireing said blast and thus if Thanos blocks it or teleports away or behind him.. does that leave Thor pretty vulnerable? Third, in case of infinity which you cited, didn't the Infinity actually get to Thor and his shields didn't actually hold up in that encounter?

What circumstances?

Yes I'm pretty confident, looking at the beings, his God Blast has taken down.

Not anytime I've seen has he gotten weak. He did get weaker to an extent in the Celestial incident if I recall (I can't check on my laptop unfortunately.), but he also had the Belt of Strength on which weakens, him after use so that would be the result of it. Using the God Blast never weakened him without a circumstance.

I doubt Thanos can block it, based on the beings it's taken down.

He teleports away or behind him, and Thor simply aims it at Thanos. Remember, he can always use his Force Field to protect himself while he engaged in other matter such as the incident with Hulk. And Thanos can't teleport to far or it's self battle field removal is not? So I don't see the problem, especially with Thor's enhanced senses (Thor has some sort of unexplained limited precognition going for him as well.). He also has a form of telepathy which can reach people over rather ridiculous distances, so he could always try and locate him that way, although he isn't winning, in any telepathic duels.

In the instance of Infinity (I can't double check though.), Infinity attacked, Thor tossed his hammer, that created a Force Field, that blocked Infinity's attack.

We'll continue this later. I have to go for now.

Naija boy
Hmm. i highly doubt thors godblast can break through thanos shields in one hit. Can it oneshot thanos? maybe but even then im not so sure....

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by Supermex
Ok Of the 4 listed, that is Thor, Superman, Silver Surfer and Alan Scott, which would give Thanos his toughest test in a no prep battle that starts on Earth.......Who would be his toughest test and last the longest before getting k'oed or worst...and Why....Or would either one be able to get the win?

Thanos(standard form) Vs Thor(current)

Thanos(standard form) Vs Superman(current)

Thanos(standard form) Vs Silver Surfer(current)

Thanos(standard form Vs Alan Scott(current)

current thor is broken, and is holding back a lot. he'd get his ass WTF handed to him the fastest

superman would probably last the longest given his history with DS but since thanos doesn't job like ds does, superman also gets WTF beaten

surfer as shown numerous times would get WTF beaten by thanos...again

KuRuPT Thanosi
Hmm. i highly doubt thors godblast can break through thanos shields in one hit. Can it oneshot thanos? maybe but even then im not so sure....

Yeah I honestly don't see it breaking Thanos shields considering what they have stood up to in the past. Even without his shields I doubt it would KO him but would knock him down no doubt and hurt him. KO him in one shot... Possible just don't think it's probable.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah I honestly don't see it breaking Thanos shields considering what they have stood up to in the past. Even without his shields I doubt it would KO him but would knock him down no doubt and hurt him. KO him in one shot... Possible just don't think it's probable.

Why wouldn't it?

I mean if it can put down someone who is a Skyfather in her own right, than added the entire power of the Dark Gods to her own power to form the Union, and had Odin's power on top of all this in a single hit. A single hit and weaken her so bad that a basically power less Odin can finish her off, and was sending Galactus fleeing for his life in a single hit, why would it not be able to knock out Thanos?

I know his durability is ridiculous but seriously. erm

Naija boy
Why wouldn't it?

I mean if it can put down someone who is a Skyfather in her own right, than added the entire power of the Dark Gods to her own power to form the Union, and had Odin's power on top of all this in a single hit. A single hit and weaken her so bad that a basically power less Odin can finish her off, and was sending Galactus fleeing for his life in a single hit, why would it not be able to knock out Thanos?

heh i forgot the dark gods incident. i dont count the galactus thing so much because he was starving and exhausted from his ego fight (thors own admission).but yeah looking it the dark gods incident it should knock out thanos. But i doubt it penetrates the shields. The shields have taken hits from Omega (2 times the power of galactus) and a well fed G got drained while trying to bust thru them (i really hate that feat though).

KuRuPT Thanosi
Why wouldn't it?

The first problem with what your saying is this.. what were her durability feats that puts her on Thanos level? Being a skyfather encompasses a lot of different variables that gives you such a title. Durability, power output, feats, versatility etc etc. Just because your claiming she was a skyfather and maybe so but that doesn't mean her durability is thus greater than Thanos. So, first I'm asking for her durability feats and her feats in general that you are places her at this level. Of course, I'm of the opinion that Thanos himself is skyfather material even if on the low side.

Second, Galactus was very weak when said blast occurred so while cool and looks neat I don't know how much weight that has. It has shown to weaken thor in the past which thus could cause issues for thor. Furthermore, Thanos isn't going to just sit there and let Thor do this and just try and walk right through it... All though... :-) . Point is, are you claiming the God Blast is that much more powerful than a Blast from a pissed off Galactus who was well-fed or a from Omega who as we know was stated to be close to Galactus power level. His shields held up to both of those blasts from way way way more powerful characters than Thor. So, what are you basing this theory that Thor's God Blast can even penetrate Thanos's shields? Even without his shields we've seen Thanos insane durability and him walking through a pissed off Odin's blast with gungnir who was trying to kill Thanos. So, I assume your saying the GodBlast is THAT much more power than a blast from odin with his spear which not only didn't KO but he WALKED RIGHT THROUGH IT.

Third, again lets remember Thanos has super fast reaction times as we've seen on panel. So, what is stopping Thanos from teleporting away once Thors fires his blast?

KuRuPT Thanosi
heh i forgot the dark gods incident. i dont count the galactus thing so much because he was starving and exhausted from his ego fight (thors own admission).but yeah looking it the dark gods incident it should knock out thanos. But i doubt it penetrates the shields. The shields have taken hits from Omega (2 times the power of galactus) and a well fed G got drained while trying to bust thru them (i really hate that feat though).

Come on big guy... That was a very good feat and is consistent with Thanos and his shielding big grin

As I ask Rage.. I want to see her durability feats before I can sit her and say he's on Thanos level. Just because your a skyfather doesn't mean you have uber insane durability higher than all below you. Other factors as I pointed out can make you a skyfather.

Rage.Of.Olympus

The issue before the God Blast, they spent like 10 pages talking about how Galactus just recently wrecked havoc in that Galaxy consuming Living Worlds. Wasn't that the case? Bullshit attempt to put that event in Galactus' favor.

Also he fought Ego for like a few pages, and didn't seem exhausted at all. Just saying....

Naija boy
The issue before the God Blast, they spent like 10 pages talking about how Galactus just recently wrecked havoc in that Galaxy consuming Living Worlds. Wasn't that the case? Bullshit attempt to put that event in Galactus' favor.

Also he fought Ego for like a few pages, and didn't seem exhausted at all. Just saying....

Heh. i just consider it a recton of the event. In those days galactus had such up and down showings ( and still at times does) that he deserves to be cut a little slack.

Naija boy
Come on big guy... That was a very good feat and is consistent with Thanos and his shielding big grin

As I ask Rage.. I want to see her durability feats before I can sit her and say he's on Thanos level. Just because your a skyfather doesn't mean you have uber insane durability higher than all below you. Other factors as I pointed out can make you a skyfather.

lol. i dont have to like it though

Also i see what u mean. The way i see it though they had to have a high level durability individually (maybe thanos was still higher at that point) or they couldnt have beaten Odin. However when u look at the fact that they then combined into one being the durability would have skyrocketed, and then add Odins power as well and it would go even higher. Of course she didnt have as many feats to show this as thanos does but she appeared in only a few issues. RKT thor doesnt have thanos durability feats but im pretty sure he is more durable than thanos and the same goes for alot of abstracts even.

Still i dont think it should matter to much cuz of thanos shields.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The first problem with what your saying is this.. what were her durability feats that puts her on Thanos level? Being a skyfather encompasses a lot of different variables that gives you such a title. Durability, power output, feats, versatility etc etc. Just because your claiming she was a skyfather and maybe so but that doesn't mean her durability is thus greater than Thanos. So, first I'm asking for her durability feats and her feats in general that you are places her at this level. Of course, I'm of the opinion that Thanos himself is skyfather material even if on the low side.

None that I recall. At least none that stood out. I see your point, and I would have agreed it wouldn't have been impressive except that Thor did this. At her original levels she was already at the High end of Skyfathers (Odin was beaten by her in the original war between the Dark Gods apparently.), and then she created the Union (She absorbed all the Dark Gods power. Her entire Kingdom. Dark Gods had beings like Perrikus who was a beast. This dude was taking on Hercules and the Destroyer at the same time easily.). So that means her own power which was already high end, the power of the Union, and the power of Odin added on top of all that. What makes it more impressive though, was when she unleashing all the power at her disposal it took the form of a Force Field/Energy encircling her body when Thor attacked her(She even bragged about how he can't hurt her etc.). Even with all this power, she was one shotted. Possessing the power of Odin,alone would make her durability skyrocket to ridiculous levels. Her durability had to be at the top end of Skyfather poll easily(If she had more showings, I would have probably said Abstract.). The fact that it took the form of energy encircling and protecting her and Thor easily broke through it makes it so impressive.

Second, Galactus was very weak when said blast occurred so while cool and looks neat I don't know how much weight that has.

You mean that bullshit, where it said in the annual he was hungry? The writer should have read the issue before Thor fought Galactus, where they emphasize on Galactus' hunger rampage. Just saying. He did fight Ego, but he was winning in the end and certainly didn't seem exhausted at all. He was bragging about his power etc. Just saying. A retcon is a retcon though if we can call it that, so whatever....

It has shown to weaken thor in the past which thus could cause issues for thor.

Actually he doesn't get any weaker after the God Blast. Just re-read Thor #338 and #339.

Furthermore, Thanos isn't going to just sit there and let Thor do this and just try and walk right through it... All though... :-) .

I never claimed Thor, would defeat him, just so you know, but there is no denying he has the tools for the job. Anyways.....Thor can simply wait for the right moment, if he used his barriers. Thanos isn't going to get past that, with power or force, unless "Thanos > Power to Destroy 1/5 of the 616".

Point is, are you claiming the God Blast is that much more powerful than a Blast from a pissed off Galactus who was well-fed

Scans. You are referring to the instance, Thanos takes Galactus by surprise, shoots him out on to the moon, and Galactus returns, blasting him with one hand and Thanos teleported away? That's why I asked for scans. Haven't seen it in a while.

And yes, I do believe a God Blast is more powerful than a generic blast from Galactus (Depending on how much power he puts behind it of course.) Just saying.

or a from Omega who as we know was stated to be close to Galactus power level. His shields held up to both of those blasts from way way way more powerful characters than Thor. So, what are you basing this theory that Thor's God Blast can even penetrate Thanos's shields?

Only read this once, so I can't comment on it. Wasn't it just a generic blast? To be safe post scans, or tell me the issue number, so I can comment on it, with context. Just to be safe. big grin

They are far beyond Thor clearly, but a single blast unless they puts a lot of power (They being Galactus and Omega.) is not more powerful than a God Blast. Just saying.

Because they penetrated the shields of someone more powerful than Thanos is all.

Even without his shields we've seen Thanos insane durability and him walking through a pissed off Odin's blast with gungnir who was trying to kill Thanos. So, I assume your saying the GodBlast is THAT much more power than a blast from odin with his spear which not only didn't KO but he WALKED RIGHT THROUGH IT.

Yes. We've already seen that the God Blast can put down someone with the Odin Force or at least a portion of it. It will never work on Odin though. Odin is beyond Thor and can even take away his powers at will.

Also no, Odin was not trying to kill Thanos. Not even close. Why do you think he kept asking him to yield?

And surviving an onslaught from Odin is impressive no doubt. Not trying to discredit his showing. Of course, Thor himself has survived an onslaught from an angry Odin. This was Classic Odin mind you. Just saying. Thor's damage soak is ridiculous as well.

Third, again lets remember Thanos has super fast reaction times as we've seen on panel. So, what is stopping Thanos from teleporting away once Thors fires his blast?

Nothing really. If he sees it coming, and teleports away, great for him. Thor simply stops attacking. Also, take into account, I never said Thor will win, just that he has the tools necessary to win.

KuRuPT Thanosi
None that I recall. At least none that stood out. I see your point, and I would have agreed it wouldn't have been impressive except that Thor did this. At her original levels she was already at the High end of Skyfathers (Odin was beaten by her in the original war between the Dark Gods apparently.), and then she created the Union (She absorbed all the Dark Gods power. Her entire Kingdom. Dark Gods had beings like Perrikus who was a beast. This dude was taking on Hercules and the Destroyer at the same time easily.). So that means her own power which was already high end, the power of the Union, and the power of Odin added on top of all that. What makes it more impressive though, was when she unleashing all the power at her disposal it took the form of a Force Field/Energy encircling her body when Thor attacked her(She even bragged about how he can't hurt her etc.). Even with all this power, she was one shotted. Possessing the power of Odin,alone would make her durability skyrocket to ridiculous levels. Her durability had to be at the top end of Skyfather poll easily(If she had more showings, I would have probably said Abstract.). The fact that it took the form of energy encircling and protecting her and Thor easily broke through it makes it so impressive.

You mean that bullshit, where it said in the annual he was hungry? The writer should have read the issue before Thor fought Galactus, where they emphasize on Galactus' hunger rampage. Just saying. He did fight Ego, but he was winning in the end and certainly didn't seem exhausted at all. He was bragging about his power etc. Just saying. A retcon is a retcon though if we can call it that, so whatever....

Actually he doesn't get any weaker after the God Blast. Just re-read Thor #338 and #339.

I never claimed Thor, would defeat him, just so you know, but there is no denying he has the tools for the job. Anyways.....Thor can simply wait for the right moment, if he used his barriers. Thanos isn't going to get past that, with power or force, unless "Thanos > Power to Destroy 1/5 of the 616".

Scans. You are referring to the instance, Thanos takes Galactus by surprise, shoots him out on to the moon, and Galactus returns, blasting him with one hand and Thanos teleported away? That's why I asked for scans. Haven't seen it in a while.

And yes, I do believe a God Blast is more powerful than a generic blast from Galactus (Depending on how much power he puts behind it of course.) Just saying.

Only read this once, so I can't comment on it. Wasn't it just a generic blast? To be safe post scans, or tell me the issue number, so I can comment on it, with context. Just to be safe. big grin

They are far beyond Thor clearly, but a single blast unless they puts a lot of power (They being Galactus and Omega.) is not more powerful than a God Blast. Just saying.

Because they penetrated the shields of someone more powerful than Thanos is all.

Yes. We've already seen that the God Blast can put down someone with the Odin Force or at least a portion of it. It will never work on Odin though. Odin is beyond Thor and can even take away his powers at will.

Also no, Odin was not trying to kill Thanos. Not even close. Why do you think he kept asking him to yield?

And surviving an onslaught from Odin is impressive no doubt. Not trying to discredit his showing. Of course, Thor himself has survived an onslaught from an angry Odin. This was Classic Odin mind you. Just saying. Thor's damage soak is ridiculous as well.

Nothing really. If he sees it coming, and teleports away, great for him. Thor simply stops attacking. Also, take into account, I never said Thor will win, just that he has the tools necessary to win.

1. I do agree with how powerful she was with all she absorbed. All of the Dark Gods plus Odin would make one powerful person indeed. I will concede that Thor penetrating that "shielding" or whatever that was around her is impressive and does speak to the God blasts power. However, I never really questioned its power to begin with. What I will say and what I think needs to be possibly factored in is this.... I think it's logical to assume she had pretty good durability to beat all she did. That is fine. However, I would also point out that ones power output could be that much better than the people she faced, not that her durability is superior. If she fires and said person can't take it.. that doesn't really prove nor show she had great durability. One could assume that when she got Odin's power her durability increased. However, that is just an assumption as we don't know what exactly happens when she absorb his power. She could've gotten in increase in some areas and not others. Who is to say it increased her durability. Point is, yes that is possible that it did, but we just don't know what levels she was it and what exactly was increased by the absorption in question. Along with we don't know about her durablity as he offensive output could've been the key factor in her victories not her durablity. However, its also possible what your saying as well.

2. Whether you like it or not it was later stated he was hungry. I also think that it's consistent with him fighting Ego who does job but is also no joke. So, I think it's perfectly reasonable that he was hungry and weak and it was stated as so, even if later.

3. Really? If he doesn't get weaker then I stand corrected. However, I could've sworn that he did. It seems kinda odd he could use so much of his Godly essence into one blast and it not weaken him at all. Meh

4. I agree with you, Thor has the best chance to get the job done imo. Of course, I don't feel he would but out of these 4 he does. Actually, out of any herald level person, Thor has the tools fighting at full potential to give Thanos the most trouble.

5. Yes that is what I'm referring to. However, this was no generic blast. He states he was going to kill Thanos i.e. he was out for the kill. The key though.. He said he's NEVER had to work so hard to break a mere shield. He worked so hard in fact that he depleted vital energies and had to leave to go feed. So, we have a well fed galactus stating what he did, seems very clear this was no generic blast by any means. Thus, imo that blast was more than any Thor God blast. Of course we have no way to measure such things, but we have one character vastly more powerful than another. That to me at least, speaks towards logically that being the more powerful blast. Also, even Thor's God blast didn't effect Galactus the way Thanos's did. Thor's was from behind and didn't send him flying the way Thanos did. By the way Thanos didn't cheap shot Galactus they were looking at each other talking. Just pointing out the punch that Thanos can deliver using a common foe and Thor's most powerful attack.

6. The Omega blast again.. there was no way to say how powerful it was. What we do know is that Omega was stated to be twice as powerful as Galactus. Granted, that is just a statement but the fact remains the writer was clearly trying to portray him as a serious threat and on a certain level whether we like it or not. He was firing a continuous blast at thanos that lasted a decent period of time. He was pissed and out to kill Thanos as he had just teleported his intended target away. So Thanos then got the brunt of that anger and blast. His shields help up even though it was taxing them. Again, we have to look at someone considerably more powerful than Thor out to kill Thanos. No matter how much of his Godly essence Thor puts into his blast he's not even close to the level of these two. Thus to me at least, that speaks to Thanos shields certainly being able to take a God blast and probably multiple ones.

Again though, this is discrediting Thor's attack in the least. It's damn powerful and if thanos didn't have his shields.. while I don't think it would KO him it would certainly hurt him. Point is, it's very powerful and has been shown as such.

7. I'm unclear how you can say Odin was not trying to kill thanos when on panel he says and implies that very thing. You can't say ooo well he asked him to yield so he wasn't out for the kill and ignore the fact that he said that very thing. His son was trapped... is asgardian army had just been pwned as well as asgard basically being invaded... thanos was mocking him... and he pulls out gungnir and basically says this will finish of Thanos. The whole story and chain of events certainly points to odin being out for the kill and pissed. Was he going all out no I don't think so in the least. However, it's undisputable he was pissed and out for the kill in my opinion as he says that very thing. Even if you don't like the out for the kill used multiple times you would have to concede he was certainly pissed and wanting to put him down. To build on that.. we know Odin is beyond Thor and packs more of a punch than Thor. So, how can Thanos walk right through a pissed off Odin's blast WITH gungnir and yet you feel like the God Blast is THAT much more that it would KO Thanos in one shot. If Odin is well beyond Thor his generic blasts would be near Thor best blasts imo.

Good discussion Rage and we both agree on who has the best tools for the job.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I gotta run out for a minute to get my haircut. I'll get back to this later.

carver9
Who would argue against thor durability and even in the rulk fight, thor wasnt even knocked out so that was pointless to even bring up.

Thor has never been one shotted, I cant even remember him falling from a explosion.

But it is one thing that I agree with, Supes/Surfer piercing damage soak>Thor

Thor blunt force durability>>almost anyone brought up in this thread besides thanos.

Spire
Originally posted by carver9
Who would argue against thor durability and even in the rulk fight, thor wasnt even knocked out so that was pointless to even bring up.

Thor has never been one shotted, I cant even remember him falling from a explosion.

But it is one thing that I agree with, Supes/Surfer piercing damage soak>Thor

Thor blunt force durability>>almost anyone brought up in this thread besides thanos.

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_Journey_in_to_mystery117-07.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Spire
http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_Journey_in_to_mystery117-07.jpg

thumb up

Was this not right after Thor and Loki were sent into a special land/world by Odin for a contest where even gods can die and are susceptible to injuries etc. He had to through the entire world and meet all the challenges without the benefit of the Norn stones unlike. He even caught up and by the end of it, he was so weak, that he couldn't even hold on to a levitating Loki as I recall. It wasn't this alone that knocked him out, I assumed, but the damage built up I assumed.

As later on without the circumstances, he takes an exploding rocket shell at point blank range unharmed, which knocks out the Demon cold(Who can shrug off mortar shells etc.), he takes heavy cannons etc. unharmed as well.

Spire
thumb up

Was this not right after Thor and Loki were sent into a special land/world by Odin for a contest where even gods can die and are susceptible to injuries etc. He had to through the entire world and meet all the challenges without the benefit of the Norn stones unlike. He even caught up and by the end of it, he was so weak, that he couldn't even hold on to a levitating Loki as I recall. It wasn't this alone that knocked him out, I assumed, but the damage built up I assumed.

As later on without the circumstances, he takes an exploding rocket shell at point blank range unharmed, which knocks out the Demon cold(Who can shrug off mortar shells etc.), he takes heavy cannons etc. unharmed as well.

Eh... not really.

It was several pages later after Thor beat up Loki. They headed back to Odin's chamber, he got his hammer back went to earth, hammer dragged around, met up with Balder, went off for the stones...

He didn't look tired, and I didn't read anything saying so.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Eh... not really.

It was several pages later after Thor beat up Loki. They headed back to Odin's chamber, he got his hammer back went to earth, hammer dragged around, met up with Balder, went off for the stones...

He didn't look tired, and I didn't read anything saying so.

You missed the part, in Skornheim a special place where Gods are susceptible to death etc., and in the very end, where it says Thor is exhausted to the point where he can't even grip Loki? Loki even says he senses the fatigue of Thor because it's so great and comments on it.

They both run into the barrier to Asgard, and fight. Thor downs Loki. They are interrupted and the narration says then moments later they are in Odin's chamber, where Odin immediately sends Thor to Earth, who immediately encounters the Executioner and Ehanctress and fights them.

Thor then spends about 2 panels talking to Balder, and Thor then immediately encounters the soldiers and gets put down temporarily. This happened in the span of what, 4 pages? And he almost never had a moments rest. The weapon didn't even do any damage to him visibly, just put him down from the impact, which would make sense as moments earlier he was exhausted. Issues later he withstands far worse unharmed again.

Spire
You missed the part, in Skornheim a special place where Gods are susceptible to death etc., and in the very end, where it says Thor is exhausted to the point where he can't even grip Loki? Loki even says he senses the fatigue of Thor because it's so great and comments on it.

They both run into the barrier to Asgard, and fight. Thor downs Loki. They are interrupted and the narration says then moments later they are in Odin's chamber, where Odin immediately sends Thor to Earth, who immediately encounters the Executioner and Ehanctress and fights them.

Thor then spends about 2 panels talking to Balder, and Thor then immediately encounters the soldiers and gets put down temporarily. This happened in the span of what, 4 pages? And he almost never had a moments rest. The weapon didn't even do any damage to him visibly, just put him down from the impact, which would make sense as moments earlier he was exhausted. Issues later he withstands far worse unharmed again.

facepalm

Which was last issue, when he got tired from... running around trying to survive without his hammer.

In this issue did Thor look tired?

Is there any mention of his stamina?

Did he get Mjolnir back?

Was he hammer dragging around and doing other stuff?

Basically you're just speculating.

Rage.Of.Olympus
facepalm

Which was last issue, when he got tired from... running around trying to survive without his hammer.

Did he get Mjolnir back?

Is your ability to put two and two together so challenged? Man, I didn't actually think I would have to explain this to you.

Did you figure out all by yourself, that moments passed between the time Konvict punched Superman in the face, and when he stirred back up next issue?

It happened last issue, the mention of him being exhausted, and to us it would have been months at a time but clearly in the comics it was meant to signify that only seconds passed. At most. What do you find difficult to comprehend?

We see Thor grab Loki and fail because he was completely exhausted. We see them ran at the barrier that would transport them into Asgard with Loki taking the lead. Next issue, we see them coming right out of the barrier and the narrator states that Loki enters seconds after Thor. They fight, they get interrupted, narrator says moments later..... (insert my last post to continue the series of events.).

What exactly do you find difficult here to understand? Was it somehow stated that Thor was given time to heal? No, only moments passed in the time line of the comic book between when Loki said Thor was exhausted and Thor was transported to Earth.

Spire
Is your ability to put two and two together so challenged? Man, I didn't actually think I would have to explain this to you.

Did you figure out all by yourself, that moments passed between the time Konvict punched Superman in the face, and when he stirred back up next issue?

It happened last issue, the mention of him being exhausted, and to us it would have been months at a time but clearly in the comics it was meant to signify that only seconds passed. At most. What do you find difficult to comprehend?

We see Thor grab Loki and fail because he was completely exhausted. We see them ran at the barrier that would transport them into Asgard with Loki taking the lead. Next issue, we see them coming right out of the barrier and the narrator states that Loki enters seconds after Thor. They fight, they get interrupted, narrator says moments later..... (insert my last post to continue the series of events.).

What exactly do you find difficult here to understand? Was it somehow stated that Thor was given time to heal? No, only moments passed in the time line of the comic book between when Loki said Thor was exhausted and Thor was transported to Earth.

First, don't start with me.

Funny how you need to spin things, and further, bring up Konvict in an attempt to rationalize your lol. He was KO by a mortar.

There is no evidence to show that he was weakened/tired outside of saying that he has crappy stamina AND crappy stamina regain. If you want to say that go for it. thumb up

He was tired when fighting Loki.

Done.

Then the story moved on. Now, for my questions.

Did he get Mjolnir back?

Rage.Of.Olympus
First, don't start with me.

Funny how you need to spin things, and further, bring up Konvict in an attempt to rationalize your lol. He was KO by a mortar.

There is no evidence to show that he was weakened/tired outside of saying that he has crappy stamina AND crappy stamina regain. If you want to say that go for it. thumb up

He was tired when fighting Loki.

Done.

Then the story moved on. Now, for my questions.

Did he get Mjolnir back?

Why are people so damn dense? Do I have to scan the damn thing?

I'm not spinning anything.

Holy shit, you are stupid. The Konvict incident, was meant to show you how the passage of time works. Just because it's the last panel of issue #12 and the first panel of #13, it does not mean, a large amount of time transitioned between the instances. Seconds could have passed or years. Time is relative. I could have just as easily picked the instance when Flash saved half a million Koreans from a Nuclear Explosion. Don't focus on Superman being down.

Yes he was knocked out by a mortar. I've brought this up in the past myself. It's one of Thor's bad showings, up there with the Gas Station, but nearly as bad as some people try to make it without context.

*Sigh*

One more time. I'll explain it one more time, and 'll try and make it clear.

If you had the first issue of the Trial of the Gods, you would have known that Odin sent them to a special location, Skornheim, where even Gods can die, and are vulnerable to shit such as extreme heat, and pointy thorns (It's as if everything is magnified there, so the dangers they would face would be something a mortal would face in a normal environment.).

End of the issue, it's stated, that Thor was extremely exhausted. His literally crawling on the ground. Thor is so exhausted, so tired, and so wrought with fatigue, that he can't even hold on to Loki who is just levitating, and Loki even senses his fatigue. Thor runs after Loki who enters the barrier and is transported to Asgard.

Beginning of next issue, you see Thor arrive seconds, after Loki in Asgard. Moments later after Thor beats down Loki (Without any rest.), they are in Odin's court, and he is immediately sent down to Earth. First thing he encounters is a fight with the Enchantress etc. Immediately after that, he goes to Asia and gets put down.

The mortar did not even pierce his skin. The impact must have put him down. Which wouldn't make sense, because later he shrugs off much more powerful artillery. What conclusion can we come from this? A) The damage of the mortar was simply the final blow that simply put Thor down or B) Thor has dynamic durability.

Not explaining this again.

If you cannot understand this now, then no offense, and I am not trying to demean you, but you would undoubtedly be one of the stupidest people I've ever had the displeasure to address. And yes, I'm including Bruce in that assessment. smile

I ain't discussion this further.

Spire
Escape rant.

Concession excepted.

Trolling and providing zero evidence to back up speculation generally leads to rants like that.

3rd time:

Did he get Mjolnir back?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.