Spiderman vs Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
Cage match.
prize: 5k to the winner
CIS: on
wpns: none/ no webs

time: marvel sliding time scale parker 15 or 16 yrs old.

fights Bane instead of bonesaw in his spiderman personal.

who wins.

tkitna
Spiderman. To fast and just as strong or stronger than Bane (I believe but will admit to not having all of Banes showings.)

TheMagicPillow
Spiderman wins. stronger, faster and probably as smart as bane (though that is debatable). And it wouldn't take a genius to figure out that he gets his strength from those 2 giant tubes.

iceman24567
Spidey no doubt.

The Heap
Originally posted by TheMagicPillow
Spiderman wins. stronger, faster and probably as smart as bane (though that is debatable). And it wouldn't take a genius to figure out that he gets his strength from those 2 giant tubes.

Bane doesn't need those tubes in general, he's a pretty strong dude without them, and as far as intelligence is concerned, I think Bane is smarter than Pete.

Having said that, Spider-Man would take the majority.

rotiart
didn't in the first issue of spiderman the guy punch spidey and damn near broke his hand?

Mindset
Spiderman is smarter than Bane.

Believe it.

The Pict
Spiderman ftw

SamZED
Originally posted by Mindset

Believe it.

rotiart
when did naruto show up.

Eternal Idol
Spider-Man would kick Bane's ass.

Wild Shadow
you guys do realize this is spidey's 1st adventure as spiderman and he is still only 15 or 16yrs old right?

Eternal Idol
Yeah.

You do realize that Spider-Man is still stronger, faster, and more durable than Bane right?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Yeah.

You do realize that Spider-Man is still stronger, faster, and more durable than Bane right?

yeah but this is still the same spidey that had low showings at time and was getting beat by fancy dan and his crew.. getting punched around by ox. tossed about by ock. crying b/c one of the attacks hurt. evil face

torelli121
if its the 16 year old spidy then he is a total wimp that doesnt have any skills and will get his arm leg and back broken by bane

Placidity
Bane will break his knee trying to break Spidey's back stick out tongue

torelli121
Originally posted by Placidity
Bane will break his knee trying to break Spidey's back stick out tongue

right.... because jigsaw never broke spider-man's arm right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

BUSTER1
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
you guys do realize this is spidey's 1st adventure as spiderman and he is still only 15 or 16yrs old right?

If anything, Pete's inexperience could result in him accidentaly maiming or even killing Bane-remember at 15-16 he would be roundabout 5-6 ton strength at least.

torelli121
Originally posted by BUSTER1
If anything, Pete's inexperience could result in him accidentaly maiming or even killing Bane-remember at 15-16 he would be roundabout 5-6 ton strength at least.

are you joking? bane is equal to batman and that means he has a hell alot of fighting experience while spider-man is faster and stronger he doesn't have any skills at all at age 16 bane will humiliate and brake him in pieces

erer
bane ftw too skilled

BUSTER1
Originally posted by torelli121
right.... because jigsaw never broke spider-man's arm right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

That was meant to be a member of the Wrecking Crew breaking Spiderman's arm-not Jigsaw. The artist, David Finch, even admitted to it. That scene was, at best, total PIS. Spiderman has caught objects as heavy as cars without his arms breaking-don't you think its a bit daft to have Jigsaw, who is peak human at best, effortlessly break one of Pete's superstrong arms?

BUSTER1
Originally posted by torelli121
are you joking? bane is equal to batman and that means he has a hell alot of fighting experience while spider-man is faster and stronger he doesn't have any skills at all at age 16 bane will humiliate and brake him in pieces

So if Bane grabs young Pete, and Pete, inexperienced with his power, lashes out in panic, at full strength-won't be able to hurt Bane b'cos his "skill"protects him?? yeah right

Parmaniac
Originally posted by BUSTER1
So if Bane grabs young Pete, and Pete, inexperienced with his power, lashes out in panic, at full strength-won't be able to hurt Bane b'cos his "skill"protects him?? yeah right

Troll lelli is already banned wink

Wild Shadow
i'm a firm believer spidey was only about 2 tons, at best 3 tons in strength that early in his career..

BUSTER1
i'm a firm believer spidey was only about 2 tons, at best 3 tons in strength that early in his career..

So you think that at 16 yrs old your strength is only a fifth of you adult strength??

Wild Shadow
explains why he was going all out on human lvl beings and getting his butt kicked on a repeated bases back then... any one got the doc ock scan stating how hard spidey hit that early in his career..

BUSTER1
explains why he was going all out on human lvl beings and getting his butt kicked on a repeated bases back then... any one got the doc ock scan stating how hard spidey hit that early in his career..

Spiderman's strength level as an adult is 10tons-that has been established. Most men, at 16 possess more than 50% of their adult strength. How you can assume that Spiderman's stength can increase by 500% between 16 and adulthood I don't know.

Wild Shadow
b/c he was still going under physiological changes from the spider bite.. he had just gotten bit less then a few days.. wink

im pretty sure if i had bn bit too my strength would have increased exponentially as well from the initial bite and physiological changes.

The Heap
Are we using early representations of both characters? Because if we are, Bane would have his Venom and that could change the outcome of who wins more matches.

BUSTER1
b/c he was still going under physiological changes from the spider bite.. he had just gotten bit less then a few days.. wink

im pretty sure if i had bn bit too my strength would have increased exponentially as well from the initial bite and physiological changes.

The full mutation from skinny high school kid to superhuman, in the 616 comic was depicted as only taking a matter of minutes. I have never seen anything to the contrary. Pete's power increased over the years because he was a 15/16 year old kid in the beginning, and he matured physically, the same way as a normal man.
If you have proof that I'm wrong, please show it.

TheDraga
spider-man in the beginning was nothing more then a nerd with super strength thats all he was a coward that always got beat up by human level villians and people bane would kill him in a fight

SamZED
Originally posted by TheDraga
spider-man in the beginning was nothing more then a nerd with super strength thats all he was a coward that always got beat up by human level villians and people bane would kill him in a fight You clearly know jack about the character and base your respond on your hatred for him, also you're a troll. If you're gonna post at least make sure you do not post a complete bulcrap.
Also, Spider-man slaps Bane's head off.

chilled monkey

Believe it.

Doubt it.

No denying that Spiderman is highly intelligent, but Bane is a genius.

Bane speaks 9 languages, including a dead one, is an expert strategist who deduced Batman's identity and broke him, not only through strength but also through a brilliant plan.

Bane is also a master escape artist who has escaped from Ras Al Ghul's dungeon, broken into his fortress and beat Ras at chess. He is also considered to be the most dangerous criminal in Gotham, except for Joker.

TheDraga
Originally posted by SamZED
You clearly know jack about the character and base your respond on your hatred for him, also you're a troll. If you're gonna post at least make sure you do not post a complete bulcrap.
Also, Spider-man slaps Bane's head off.

i am a troll for stating my mind about your favorite character? boo hoo grow up , spider-man was always a push over in the beginning where human villians would beat him up and make him cry he was a nerd

SamZED
Originally posted by TheDraga
i am a troll for stating my mind about your favorite character? boo hoo grow up , spider-man was always a push over in the beginning where human villians would beat him up and make him cry he was a nerd No you're a troll because youre the third idiot who posts the EXACT same crap in one thread, so either you have several retard clones who think just like you or you register her several times a day after getting banned to post bc and show your ignorance. The very FIRST supervillain Parker beat after becoming Spider-man could rip Bane's legs off without any trouble. Spider-man even at the age of 15 and with his eyes closed would kick Bane's ass so bad he'd run back to DC crying and would never show his face again in any other universe. Heck, the RHINO would kick Bane's ass.

Badabing

Believe it. thumb up
Originally posted by Badabing
From The Amazing Spider-Man #588

The big brain on Spidey.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-27.jpg Originally posted by Badabing
More brain power.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-7.jpghttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-02-8.jpghttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-03-5.jpghttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-04-6.jpg

Wild Shadow
umm... this is 15 yr old spidey freshly bitten and in his 1st public appearance as spidey in his famous wrestling match...

using scans of current or older spidey doesnt apply here.. embarrasment

besides even as a high school genius he was limited to his knowledge of his high school education.. excluding the web fluid which was a chemical creation isnt the same as having maturity and being a tactical skilled fighters..

Badabing
umm... this is 15 yr old spidey freshly bitten and in his 1st public appearance as spidey in his famous wrestling match...

besides even as a high school genius he was limited to his knowledge of his high school education.. excluding the web fluid which was a chemical creation isnt the same as having maturity and being a tactical skilled fighters.. A 250 IQ is still a 250 IQ. It isn't something you grow into.

Parmaniac

besides even as a high school genius he was limited to his knowledge of his high school education.. excluding the web fluid which was a chemical creation isnt the same as having maturity and being a tactical skilled fighters..

seriously how far can tactical skills in a cage match bring you without any prep time? MAs may make a difference (not saying they will here) but tactical skills erm

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Badabing
A 250 IQ is still a 250 IQ. It isn't something you grow into.

A high IQ is only part of it. You still have to study and learn you know. A person who has a lower IQ and studies harder will be smarter than the person with a higher one who doesn't study hard.

Not to mention maturity, wisdom, experience. A 250 IQ won't give you those.

SamZED
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Doubt it.

No denying that Spiderman is highly intelligent, but Bane is a genius.

Bane speaks 9 languages, including a dead one, is an expert strategist who deduced Batman's identity and broke him, not only through strength but also through a brilliant plan.

Bane is also a master escape artist who has escaped from Ras Al Ghul's dungeon, broken into his fortress and beat Ras at chess. He is also considered to be the most dangerous criminal in Gotham, except for Joker. Parker is a genius too. And while knowing 9 languages IS impressive it doesnt really make one smarter than someone who knows less languages, i mean Deadpool knows more languages than Pete, but he isn't exactly as smart as Parker. Also I can think of TWO times when Peter solved some kind of problem using his brain faster than Reed Richards. Also as far as I remember Richards said that Parker is as smart as he was at his age. Not to mention Henry Pym facepalming himself and complaining that Parker is "so much smarter" than him. Doesnt really mean that he's smarter but definitely says something.

chilled monkey
Parker is a genius too. And while knowing 9 languages IS impressive it doesnt really make one smarter than someone who knows less languages, i mean Deadpool knows more languages than Pete, but he isn't exactly as smart as Parker. Also I can think of TWO times when Peter solved some kind of problem using his brain faster than Reed Richards. Also as far as I remember Richards said that Parker is as smart as he was at his age. Not to mention Henry Pym facepalming himself and complaining that Parker is "so much smarter" than him. Doesnt really mean that he's smarter but definitely says something.

Good points, but remember this scenario involves Peter before he really became Spiderman. Meaning he isn't as mature or as well-educated as he was when the incidents you mentioned occured.

Heck, there's also the fact that he won't have the confidence he'd have later since he hasn't won any battles against dangerous opponents at this point.

Or it could work from the opposite angle; Peter goes into the fight cocky with his new-found powers and certain he can handle a (he thinks) regular guy and loses because he underestimates Bane.

Heck, the RHINO would kick Bane's ass.

No chance. Bane would easily beat Rhino by outwitting him

Eternal Idol
Good points, but remember this scenario involves Peter before he really became Spiderman. Meaning he isn't as mature or as well-educated as he was when the incidents you mentioned occured.

Heck, there's also the fact that he won't have the confidence he'd have later since he hasn't won any battles against dangerous opponents at this point.

Or it could work from the opposite angle; Peter goes into the fight cocky with his new-found powers and certain he can handle a (he thinks) regular guy and loses because he underestimates Bane.

Spider-Man punches a hole in Bane's face. He'd cry afterward, but he'd still be the winner.

No chance. Bane would easily beat Rhino by outwitting him
It's hard to outwit a guy when he's already splattered your brains across the pavement.

chilled monkey
It's hard to outwit a guy when he's already splattered your brains across the pavement.

Right, because Bane is really going to just stand there and let him do that.

Bane wins because he's smarter and more skilled.

Eternal Idol
Right, because Bane is really going to just stand there and let him do that.

Bane wins because he's smarter and more skilled.

No; because Rhino is stronger, faster, and more durable than Bane. As is Spider-Man.

The Heap
No; because Rhino is stronger, faster, and more durable than Bane. As is Spider-Man.

Rhino is also a heck of alot dumber than Bane. wink

StiltmanFTW
A sexually abused kid vs. The Man Who Broke The Bat.

Tough one.

grimify
Bane stomps him. Bane is a very skilled combatant, and he's a tactical genius.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by The Heap
Rhino doesn't have to be smarter than Bane to kick the shit out of him, especially not when he's got such a disproportionate physical edge on him.

Same goes for Spider-Man, who is just as smart or smarter than Bane.

Spider-Man ftw.

Mindset
no expression

BUSTER1
Originally posted by The Heap

And a lot more powerful
If brains alone win the fight, the Thing would never lose to savage Hulk.

namorsubby
spidey wins.....although bane is a beast in the recent secret six series

also, bane is not as skilled as batman

olympichero62
Spidey Owns Bane and everyone in Gotham City.

Stronger

Faster

Smarter

Webbing

OWNAGE

Parmaniac
Originally posted by olympichero62

Stronger

Faster

Smarter

Webbing

OWNAGE

at this point he had no webbing, but thumb up to the rest shifty

The Heap
Originally posted by olympichero62

Stronger

Faster

Smarter

Webbing

OWNAGE

Everyone except Clayface, and maybe Azrael.

Endless Mike
Is this serious? Bane is what, class 1? Spidey is class 15

The Heap
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Is this serious? Bane is what, class 1? Spidey is class 15

Did you read the OP?

godking
Parker is a genius too. And while knowing 9 languages IS impressive it doesnt really make one smarter than someone who knows less languages, i mean Deadpool knows more languages than Pete, but he isn't exactly as smart as Parker. Also I can think of TWO times when Peter solved some kind of problem using his brain faster than Reed Richards. Also as far as I remember Richards said that Parker is as smart as he was at his age. Not to mention Henry Pym facepalming himself and complaining that Parker is "so much smarter" than him. Doesnt really mean that he's smarter but definitely says something. Being a better scientist does not make you a better tactician or strategist.

Parker is smart but he will never be a tactician on the level of Bane or Batman.

SamZED
Originally posted by godking
Being a better scientist does not make you a better tactician or strategist.

Parker is smart but he will never be a tactician on the level of Bane or Batman. That's not why I said that. Someone mentioned inteligence so I responded. Also, being a good tactician hardly makes any difference in a 1 on 1 fight when your oponent is your superior in every physical way.

Lord Feron
Spider man even with CIS on.

Aztec123
Bane is going to break his back. shifty

Mindset
Originally posted by Aztec123
Bane is going to break his back. shifty I agree, Bane's back will get broken.

Aztec123
I agree, Bane's back will get broken.

Nah, Bane broke Batman's back. The same batman who can defeat Gods, Demons and Aliens. Batman is >>>>>>>> Spiderman. Therefore, Bane is greater than Spiderman. I think your getting confuse with the thread, my friend. wink

Now run along, and support Kyle Rayner. happy

Mindset
Originally posted by Aztec123
Nah, Bane broke Batman's back. The same batman who can defeat Gods, Demons and Aliens. Batman is >>>>>>>> Spiderman. Therefore, Bane is greater than Spiderman. I think your getting confuse with the thread, my friend. wink

Now run along, and support Kyle Rayner. happy I agree, Spiderman beats Bane.

And yes, Kyle is the best GL.

Aztec123
I agree, Spiderman beats Bane.

And yes, Kyle is the best GL.

Your right, Spiderman beats Bane, but only in your dreams. Other than that, Bane will brake Parker in two.

If by "best", you mean Kyle getting his ass handed to him. Then YES, I agree with you. Who has he defeated lately......can't think of anyone...... that's right no one. wink

Didn't Donna dump him? I have to admit, they were a perfect couple, but she realized that he is a looser. Sinestro defeated him, pretty easily in rebirth. He was posses by parallax, because he was weak in mind, body and soul. And is constantly being made fun of by Guy Gardner, who happens to be a chump.

Mindset
You write too much.

Aztec123
You write too much.

You should hear me talk. I never shut up stick out tongue

Omega Vision
Bane only beat Batman after tiring him out by releasing all his rogues then he had to take super-steroids just to beat him. Every time since then (albeit without Venom) his fights with Batman have either been stalemates or victories for Batman. Bane gets destroyed by Spider-Man.

KingD19
Spider-Man flicks Bane in the forehead really hard, causing a ko, several days later Bane develops a Brain Aneurysm.

cdtm
*Bump*

Thread op didn't specify venom, so I guess it's on by default?

I think even newbie Peter beats venomed up Bane.

Lord Feron
Spider is better in all categories except out right skill and battle tactics. But imo the gap isn't enough for bane to get majority.

Also im shocked that people think bane is => spiderman in the brain's department. Yeah Bane is suppose to be a genius on par with batman but Peter is a bonofide genius that has showed up many of Marvel's geniuses (Reed/Stark) in teh past. Also his inventions. He should be leagues above him in.

Sixth_Winged
Current Spider-man punches Bane's jaw off to give Scorpion a company.

Raisen
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Current Spider-man punches Bane's jaw off to give Scorpion a company.

Current Spider-man would kill Bane. Just outright kill him.

h1a8
Spidey stomps with ease

maxivitopowe
Cage match.
prize: 5k to the winner
CIS: on
wpns: none/ no webs

time: marvel sliding time scale parker 15 or 16 yrs old.

fights Bane instead of bonesaw in his spiderman personal.

who wins.

pym-ftw
Really?

SamZED
Just give Pete 5k, save Bane the humiliation..

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Dark Riddick
yeah but this is still the same spidey that had low showings at time and was getting beat by fancy dan and his crew.. getting punched around by ox. tossed about by ock. crying b/c one of the attacks hurt. evil face
Doc Ocks arms pack far more wallop than Bane can even dream of even on the upgraded venom

HulkIsHulk
And the Spidey from 1s public appearance had no morals and he mudstomps bane.

relentless1
Spidey easy, hes way stronger and faster than Bane for one, not to mention more durable and on top of all that hes got spider sense which means Bane wont even be able to touch him.

thingy150
The f*ck is bane going to do?

carver9
Spiderman stomps. Wins every single battle.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9

Agreed.

Begs to question why OP was banned...making dumb threadslaughing out loud

SamZED
I can see Bane giving Pete some trouble in a comic book with CIS on. But all our forum battle (like Carver said) Pete destroys him.

thingy150
Originally posted by carver9

For once we agree stick out tongue

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by thingy150
For once we agree stick out tongue
And this will happen again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.