Assassins Creed 3... WW2/ Female Assassin WHATTTT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SWblayde938
alright i found this article on the internet and i guess the developers are already thinking of assassins creed 3 and are thinking of setting it in WW2 and having a female assassin. now im fine with having a female assassin... its just i think ww2 is a bad setting for AC3... i didn't want assassins turn into a shooter, i like the melee weapon fighting system in the game so much.... i dont want so many guns...... idk its just a idea...

heres the link

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,697341/Assassins-Creed-3-possibly-in-World-War-II-with-female-character/News/

Nemesis X
I thought that through each AC game, it would follow the ancestral blood line of Desmond's ancestors.

Peach
What?

All it says is that a WWII setting was not ruled out as being impossible, and the rest of it is conjecture based on that. It's absolutely meaningless.

Nemesis X
Killing Nazi's is getting very overrated and I think we can take a note from Velvet Assassin that playing as an assassin in a WWII era is not gonna work.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by Peach
What?

All it says is that a WWII setting was not ruled out as being impossible, and the rest of it is conjecture based on that. It's absolutely meaningless. yeah i know its just an idea... but its an idea... i dont want it to be an idea... i dont want it to be a shooter...... i dont want lots of guns, i love the old fashion bladework in Assassins Creed... the gun in AC2 is alright cause its limited, but other than that.... its pretty scary... i think im overreacting a little bit..... sry just this is one of favorite series of all time....

SWblayde938
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Killing Nazi's is getting very overrated and I think we can take a note from Velvet Assassin that playing as an assassin in a WWII era is not gonna work. that game was horrible....

SWblayde938
Originally posted by SWblayde938
that game was horrible....

Nemesis X
that game was horrible....

Of course it was horrible. It was so horrible, I nearly vomited. That's why I'm saying that having an assassin game set in WWII can never work.

Peach
yeah i know its just an idea... but its an idea... i dont want it to be an idea... i dont want it to be a shooter...... i dont want lots of guns, i love the old fashion bladework in Assassins Creed... the gun in AC2 is alright cause its limited, but other than that.... its pretty scary... i think im overreacting a little bit..... sry just this is one of favorite series of all time....

But that's the thing - there is no evidence that it IS an idea. The entire 'article' is pointless conjecture based on someone saying "WWII-era is not out of the realm of possibilities".

Also, do not make multiple posts in a row. There's an edit button, use it.

Of course it was horrible. It was so horrible, I nearly vomited. That's why I'm saying that having an assassin game set in WWII can never work.

I would not judge an idea completely undoable because of one attempt at it not working well.

Ms.Marvel
i would love a good assassin/spy game set in a sandbox styled WW2 france or berlin or something. that would be awesome if done right.

SWblayde938
But that's the thing - there is no evidence that it IS an idea. The entire 'article' is pointless conjecture based on someone saying "WWII-era is not out of the realm of possibilities".

Also, do not make multiple posts in a row. There's an edit button, use it.

I would not judge an idea completely undoable because of one attempt at it not working well. like u said peach this article is probably made up by someone.........

Peach
i know... but would u agree assassins creed in ww2 would be bad........

No, I wouldn't necessarily agree. It, just like anything else, could end up being very good. And it'd be a nice change from all of the WWII shooters.

Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
i would love a good assassin/spy game set in a sandbox styled WW2 france or berlin or something. that would be awesome if done right.

Agreed.

Nemesis X
I would not judge an idea completely undoable because of one attempt at it not working well.

Well usually first attempts are sometimes fail but this is more than fail, it's MASSIVE FAIL. Yes the caps are necessary because that's how big a fail the game and its idea is.

S_D_J
I read this on facebook a while ago laughing

yep, they said they want a female assassin for the next game. You don't know how they will end AC2, so it's a posibility. the WW2 scenario it is just conjecture at this point. It sounds ok to me, but I doubt they'll go that way

Velvet Assassin had a good premise, but terrible execution, but I doubt that'll factor in Ubisoft's decision. It's all about their ability to develop a good game, if they think they can do it, so be it.

Nemesis X
Besides it seems impossible to picture an Altair-like person avoiding bullets and possibly tank shells.

-Pr-
Besides it seems impossible to picture an Altair-like person avoiding bullets and possibly tank shells.

he's an assassin, not a commando. stealth games have worked before in military situations (splinter cell), so i don't see why it would be so difficult.

Peach
Well usually first attempts are sometimes fail but this is more than fail, it's MASSIVE FAIL. Yes the caps are necessary because that's how big a fail the game and its idea is.

There is nothing wrong with the idea. Simply the execution in that particular game.

Since when does "WWII-era AC" mean it'd have anything to do with actual battles? It'd likely be the same basic style it is now - going about cities and doing stuff there.

There was much, much more to the war than guns and tanks. Go take a history class and do everyone a favor.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by -Pr-
he's an assassin, not a commando. stealth games have worked before in military situations (splinter cell), so i don't see why it would be so difficult. i get what u guys saying that ww2 could work if executed... i just dont like having so many guns in Assassins creed.

S_D_J
what it they go the way of "The Professional" and turn it into a sniper assassin? 131

seriously, the setting is quite appealing, but it's not all about guns. If done proper, it'll be a worthwhile game.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by S_D_J
what it they go the way of "The Professional" and turn it into a sniper assassin? 131

seriously, the setting is quite appealing, but it's not all about guns. If done proper, it'll be a worthwhile game. now that would be alright, having a sniper assassin would be pretty fun.... but i still prefer melee weapons, but ur ideas are interesting.... like ur a russian sniper assassin related to desmond, and is the best sniper in the war and u assassination targates are german officers, and ur final one is hitler who aturns out to be a templar..... so basically all the german officers and targets u kill are templars..... lol idk man

Morridini
Having a female Assassin could lead to some funny moments when Desmond is calibrating into his new ancestor. Other then that the article and this thread is just pointless.

Nemesis X
Sniping can be fun but when used way too much you could get instantly bored with it. Performing an assassination attempt with a sniper rifle feels like game creators are dodging the bullet on getting closer to your target. I find it more challenging if you try to get close to your target instead of just shooting your target from an incredibly far distance.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by Morridini
Having a female Assassin could lead to some funny moments when Desmond is calibrating into his new ancestor. Other then that the article and this thread is just pointless. its not confirmed or anything... i dont even know its real... i just made this thread to see what ur opinion or what u think about assassins creed if it took place to ww2... so its not pointless its just a opinion thread

SWblayde938
Sniping can be fun but when used way too much you could get instantly bored with it. Performing an assassination attempt with a sniper rifle feels like game creators are dodging the bullet on getting closer to your target. I find it more challenging if you try to get close to your target instead of just shooting your target from an incredibly far distance. i know... i think they should just keep the melee weapons , the assassination blade etc. but whatever man.... idk

Smasandian
I think an Assassins Creed game in a WW2 would be fantastic and could easily be done.

Your an assassin for hire in Berlin, France, England and Russia. Perfect setting for it.

And to think the possibilities of scripted events in a WW2 Assassins Creed would be awesome.

And could we stop saying that the WW2 genre is stale. There is the same amount of modern shooters as their is WW2 shooters. I would think there is less WW2 shooters/action games than there is modern shooters, or even Sci FI shooters.

In the end, doesn't depend on the setting/genre if the game is great, the game is great.

Digi
Yup, like nearly all unsubstantiated reports on the internet about video games, this is pure conjecture and not worth our attention. Muse away, since the AC series garners a lot of attention. But don't take the link seriously.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by Smasandian
I think an Assassins Creed game in a WW2 would be fantastic and could easily be done.

Your an assassin for hire in Berlin, France, England and Russia. Perfect setting for it.

And to think the possibilities of scripted events in a WW2 Assassins Creed would be awesome.

And could we stop saying that the WW2 genre is stale. There is the same amount of modern shooters as their is WW2 shooters. I would think there is less WW2 shooters/action games than there is modern shooters, or even Sci FI shooters.

In the end, doesn't depend on the setting/genre if the game is great, the game is great. dont u think guns would ruin the "assassins creed" feel... i mean the assissination blade is the trademark weapon in the series... guns should not overshadow it. and thats what i think would happen...... i just think guns wouldn't be that much fun

SWblayde938
Originally posted by Digi
Yup, like nearly all unsubstantiated reports on the internet about video games, this is pure conjecture and not worth our attention. Muse away, since the AC series garners a lot of attention. But don't take the link seriously. im not making this thread serious... i already said that... im just asking "what would u think if assassins creed 3 took place in WW2 with a female assassin". im not saying the games going to take place there.. its just a rumor and i want to hear peoples opinion...

Digi
im not making this thread serious... i already said that... im just asking "what would u think if assassins creed 3 took place in WW2 with a female assassin". im not saying the games going to take place there.. its just a rumor and i want to hear peoples opinion...

Like I said, muse away. Nothing wrong with What If's. I was just addressing the fervor the link itself had caused in the thread thus far.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by Digi
Like I said, muse away. Nothing wrong with What If's. I was just addressing the fervor the link itself had caused in the thread thus far. its just i dont like the idea alot..... and i kind of wish this rumor never existed..... i freak out on these things. AC was one of my favorite games of all time.... adding guns into the game is going to change it alot... the AC2 hidden gun is ok because its limited and the combat is still focus on melee weapons, but if they add rifles and pistols and etc. it be pretty different..... i wouldn't like it, but maybe other people would like it idk..

Peach
Why do you assume that it being in WWII-era would mean the main character's going all out with guns?

Demonic Phoenix

He/she'd possibly go through the middle of one battle as they are making their way to the next target (most likely in trenches, or vehicles, HELL YEAH), but that would be the most. Or they would make their way stealthily through the battle while taking out enemies. They wouldn't be fighting in an actual battle no expression.
Fact is, a battlefield might not even appear if WW2 is used.

Guns are not a part of the AC series and it should stay that way.

~ WW2 would be a nice setting. Keeping it historically accurate would be nice. I imagine they would try to touch upon the subject of Hitler's death and tie it to the assassin, were they to use WW2 as the period.

Frankly, while I would really like to see a female assassin (perhaps even with a femme fatale like personality and could employ seduction to boot), I dunno, the assassins in AC's organization are all men iirc. It is implied to have changed in Desmond's time, but I don't know if it will have changed by the 20th century.

SWblayde938
Why do you assume that it being in WWII-era would mean the main character's going all out with guns? well hes definitely not going to use swords during ww2.. the nazi's would laugh at him/her and shoot them.... in ww2 people are not going to be running around with swords and spears, halberds, and assassination blades, there going to be with guns........ and there going to be shooting each other.. your not going to see a sword fight in the middle of berlin... how would they even make a ww2 assassins creed without using guns... s

Peach
Guns are not quite stealthy.

Hidden blades and the such would still work fine.

Demonic Phoenix
well hes definitely not going to use swords during ww2.. the nazi's would laugh at him/her and shoot them.... in ww2 people are not going to be running around with swords and spears, halberds, and assassination blades, there going to be with guns........ and there going to be shooting each other.. your not going to see a sword fight in the middle of berlin... how would they even make a ww2 assassins creed without using guns... s

It seems you presume the character would be limited to battlefields.

He could easily take down guards with guns in say, a city square.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
It seems you presume the character would be limited to battlefields.

He could easily take down guards with guns in say, a city square. i understand that... but guns wouldn't really be that fun to me that is idk if u would like it or not, but i like the ol fashion bladework. fighting with swords and spears, chasing someone down stabbing them in the back... guns would just be BAM target down.... pretty boring if u ask me and it wouldn't feel right in a AC game

Juk3n
next one set in feudal japan or im boycotting, they have a perfect engine for a triple A Ninja game here. Hate to see it go to waste on a WW2 era...

Ms.Marvel
i think its be more wasteful to create yet another crappy ninja spy game imo. erm the reason why ac was good imo is because it was a spy game that wasnt utterly destroyed by japanese ninja fanaticism.

NemeBro
Killing Nazi's is getting very overrated and I think we can take a note from Velvet Assassin that playing as an assassin in a WWII era is not gonna work. What if...You got to be a Nazi assassin!? big grin

Juk3n
i think its be more wasteful to create yet another crappy ninja spy game imo. erm the reason why ac was good imo is because it was a spy game that wasnt utterly destroyed by japanese ninja fanaticism.

thats the point, with the engine they have, it wouldnt be just "another crappy ninja" game, it would prolly be THE Ninja game to end all ninja games.

Bladewind
I can't stand the thought of a WWII AC is terrible: cameras,guns and the like. What's going to happen to the climbing? In AC one they threw stones at you if you tried to flee up a wall. Think of how they would riddle you with holes if you tried that in this era. Same with close combat: just one squeeze and you're dead. Before anyone says that you don't have to go into close range think of the impressive counterkills, you can't do that with a gun. Two of the coolest features gone and what left I ask you?

Smasandian
Why does everybody assume that if it was set in WW2 area that it would play exactly the same as the previous Assassins Creed?

They could change the gameplay up to allow for guns and do it extremely well.

I also find that if its WW2 it would ruin the feel of Assassins Creed. Like that tech demo had an feel gameplay wise.

Dark Exile
I would prefer colonial days myself. Bring the assassins to the new world.

SWblayde938
Why does everybody assume that if it was set in WW2 area that it would play exactly the same as the previous Assassins Creed?

I also find that if its WW2 it would ruin the feel of Assassins Creed. Like that tech demo had an feel gameplay wise. they could make a awsome AC with guns, they would have to change the entire gameplay.... but the real thing i think most people wouldn't want to change it... most ac fans would rather have it stay with swords and spears, daggers etc.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Juk3n
thats the point, with the engine they have, it wouldnt be just "another crappy ninja" game, it would prolly be THE Ninja game to end all ninja games.

but it wouldnt. it would just look like... a ninja game. same old same old. why do we need the ninja game to end all ninja games when we already have a bunch of crappy ones. no expression

SWblayde938
unless maybe in ac3 if this happens. they could make a backstory how guns were not avanced that much and will still fighting with melee weapons in ww2... it feel weird but that be cool..

fighting hitler in a sword fight lol

Juk3n
why do we need the ninja game to end all ninja games when we already have a bunch of crappy ones. no expression

because we don't want crappy ones?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by NemeBro
What if...You got to be a Nazi assassin!? big grin

Maybe that could work but if one of the targets is a Jew then things will get very ugly when the Jewish community sues the heck out of Ubisoft.

SWblayde938
Maybe that could work but if one of the targets is a Jew then things will get very ugly when the Jewish community sues the heck out of Ubisoft. ur a assassin (another ancestor of desmond ) who is allies with the Nazi's and basically works for Nazi's but finds a change of heart and goes agains the Nazi working for a Jewish Underground Militia, and do assassination missions. Your guy finds out that the nazi's are actully templars and the assassins turn over to the allied side . and ur assassin must go and kill the nazi generals.. ending with a Sword Fight with Hitler......

so basically the Hashshashin in WW2 are allied with the Nazi's but turn over when they find out many Nazi's are templars.

SWblayde938
that would be pretty tight

MadMel
there was no need to post twice erm
female assassin - great idea really
WW2 setting - im undecided...its not confirmed...or likely..so we cant just say "its a great idea" - "its a sh*t idea"..we should wait for more info before deciding anything..

Peach

I also find that if its WW2 it would ruin the feel of Assassins Creed. Like that tech demo had an feel gameplay wise.

On the flip side...why do people assume that if it's a WWII era one, it'd automatically mean that you're going around with a bunch of guns?

Also, please, no. Not a feudal Japan ninja game. How would that even fit at all? It really wouldn't.

NemeBro
On the flip side...why do people assume that if it's a WWII era one, it'd automatically mean that you're going around with a bunch of guns?

Also, please, no. Not a feudal Japan ninja game. How would that even fit at all? It really wouldn't. Because it would realistically be suicidal to combat armed, trained soldiers with nearly anything else?

Peach
Because it would realistically be suicidal to combat armed, trained soldiers with nearly anything else?

And who says that's even what you'd be doing?

Also, there's not a whole lot that's actually realistic about AC to begin with.

NemeBro
And who says that's even what you'd be doing?

Also, there's not a whole lot that's actually realistic about AC to begin with. Because combat is a large part of the gameplay of AC, and cutting out guns, there is not much else. no expression

True.

SWblayde938

Also, please, no. Not a feudal Japan ninja game. How would that even fit at all? It really wouldn't. then what are we going to use peach...... swords, knives against the Nazi's.... how would the game be.....

MadMel
thats not the question you should be asking erm

taking both what you and peach have said into account, do you really think its likely that the game would actually be set in WW2??

NemeBro
Probably not.

Seems kind of weird to jump to WW2.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by MadMel
thats not the question you should be asking erm

taking both what you and peach have said into account, do you really think its likely that the game would actually be set in WW2?? anythings possible

S_D_J
Probably not.

Seems kind of weird to jump to WW2.

not really. The premise of the game lends itself to be set in any period.

I just expect the next game to be actually great and live up to the hype... unlike the first one

SWblayde938
actully feudal japan would be the next logical setting for ac3.... mostly everybody who has beat ac1 knows about the Japanese symbols desmond sees on the walls. well ac2 is supposed to lead streight to ac3 so maybe ezio leaves italy and moves to Japan, and in ac3 300 years later. you play another descendant of ezio who is a japanese of course.

Nemesis X
actully feudal japan would be the next logical setting for ac3.... mostly everybody who has beat ac1 knows about the Japanese symbols desmond sees on the walls. well ac2 is supposed to lead streight to ac3 so maybe ezio leaves italy and moves to Japan, and in ac3 300 years later. you play another descendant of ezio who is a japanese of course.

Wait a minute...They were written in Japanese? The writing looked Roman I think or maybe it really was written in Italic so it can leave a hint where AC2 will be set.

MadMel
i thought it was roman too...or something else similar to latin..
particularly the message about 2012

SWblayde938
Originally posted by MadMel
i thought it was roman too...or something else similar to latin..
particularly the message about 2012 it mentioned a japanese island.. if i remember.... i forgot the name but im pretty sure it was a japanese island...

BoratBorat
Why does every one assume that if your a german assassin in WWII your an assasin for the nazi?

What about the Wehrmacht which is the army itself anf not the nazi's?

SWblayde938
Originally posted by BoratBorat
Why does every one assume that if your a german assassin in WWII your an assasin for the nazi?

What about the Wehrmacht which is the army itself anf not the nazi's? the what.....

Icy Ninja
I think the idea someone said about colonial era America could work well, you could be a metis and use use knives,Tomahawks and a bow and have the world be more open and the free running used for getting around in a forrest and small colonial towns. Anyways that sounds more interesting to me then it taking place during WW2

Nemesis X
Originally posted by BoratBorat

What about the Wehrmacht which is the army itself anf not the nazi's?

Are you trying to say "Watchmen"?

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Icy Ninja
I think the idea someone said about colonial era America could work well, you could be a metis and use use knives,Tomahawks and a bow and have the world be more open and the free running used for getting around in a forrest and small colonial towns. Anyways that sounds more interesting to me then it taking place during WW2

that sounds really cool actually i dont think it would work very well though the AC series i think is more about sneaking around in towns/denseley poplated areas... little hamlets and villages wouldnt work too well i dont think.

MadMel
it sorta did for the first one..you had to 'sneak' (i use the term loosely) around small towns to climb the eagle towers and fill out the blank spots in your map..maybe they could improve on that erm
but like i said earlier, it'd be better if we got more information first..

FistOfThe North
AC3 should involve the illuminate and the freemasons in pt 3. Maybe involve the Rothschilds; and set it some time in the 1800's like in London. The perfect place and time. With them wrapping the series up with pt.4 which would be entirtely set in the present with Desmond trying to prevent the New World Order.

SWblayde938
here are the best possible locations and time for AC3

1. Japan- cause in AC1 when Desmond is looking at the wall with eagle vision we see a name of a Japanese island......

2. French Revolution- that would be awsome, and alot of people would think that is pretty cool

3. American Revolution- time to bring AC3 to America........ would be pretty cool...

anybody have any suggestions

MooCowofJustice
That Japanese island might have been the setting of a Piece of Eden.

But yeah, I remember all that too. That's what I thought AC2 was going to be.

Icy Ninja
that sounds really cool actually i dont think it would work very well though the AC series i think is more about sneaking around in towns/denseley poplated areas... little hamlets and villages wouldnt work too well i dont think.
True I think the big feature of the original was social stealth, which wouldn't work to well in that setting.

CadoAngelus
here are the best possible locations and time for AC3

1. Japan- cause in AC1 when Desmond is looking at the wall with eagle vision we see a name of a Japanese island......

2. French Revolution- that would be awesome, and a lot of people would think that is pretty cool

3. American Revolution- time to bring AC3 to America........ would be pretty cool...

anybody have any suggestions

Well actually, there's more than 3 possible locations since the full canonical completion of AC2 would suggest. apparently there's 26 pieces of Eden that are listed in the codex pages. And apparently a lot of them have locations:

- Mt. Kilimanjaro - speculated to be an apple
- Vologda Oblast, Russia - speculated to be a staff
- Chernobyl, Ukraine - speculated to be either a staff or a failed Templar project
- Sighişoara, Transylvania - an apple
- Salisbury, England - speculated to be EXCALIBUR
- Xi'an, China - speculated to be a sword
- Jerusalem, Israel - AC apple
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - speculated to be the shroud

From what i can tell, AC has multiple opportunities to got anywhere with a sensible time period from it's prequel (AC 300 years before AC2). And it's obvious that the AC story has a massively captive audience to play with...I don't know about anyone else, but it thought the end of AC2 was mind blowing.

And as we saw, Desmond adopted the assassin's blade, so regardless of time period, we could hope to play as desmond being the assassin.

p.s. sorry, some words in the spoiler tags may show up, not sure why, but after correcting all spelling mistakes it's still like it...:s

Alpha Centauri
They should set it anywhere that isn't a war with guns.

There are enough of those games to last a lifetime.

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
AC3 should involve the illuminate and the freemasons in pt 3. Maybe involve the Rothschilds; and set it some time in the 1800's like in London. The perfect place and time. With them wrapping the series up with pt.4 which would be entirtely set in the present with Desmond trying to prevent the New World Order.

Considering that is totally different to pretty much ANYTHING they set up, no, they shouldn't.

-AC

Mairuzu
Modern Assassin 3

Ms.Marvel
i really hope they dont put it in japan... no more japanese fan wanking please. erm

CadoAngelus
i really hope they dont put it in japan... no more japanese fan wanking please. erm

it's possible that it could be set in japan. but there are 48 pieces of eden according to the map at the end of assassin's creed, and the codex pages in assassin's creed 2 so the setting of the game could be any number of places...

Nemesis X
Why a female assassin? It just doesn't make sense. Assassins Creed is supposed to follow the life of Desmond Miles (who is a dude, not a chick) and his ancestors who look like him. Playing a female in an AC game would question fans if Desmond had the snip-snip treatment.

SaTsuJiN
well.. I doubt the chick'll get to have a cool outfit if its in a modern day setting... if this does come to pass.. and she's in WW2 era.. wearing something completely ridiculous, I'll roll my eyes from here to next tuesday roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.