Characters you'd argue could win against a given character, eventough the comics ..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
... say otherwise. This is based on power and abilities they've shown in comics.

Surfer always does bad against Thanos. Would you be capable of arguing he beats him in a forum match ? How about Thor vs Thanos ?

Give examples.

DarkOdin
Rhino he just got to be able to beat someone CIS off of course.

Placidity
Well just from the other topic...

Colossus vs Omega Red - Colossus should punch his lights out.

Thor vs Hulk - Shouldn't really be a fight, Thor should whoop his ass every time.

Anyone with Super Speed but doesn't use it effectively in battle, unless they are retarded, but in almost all cases, they aren't.

Warlord
Flash vs almost every oponent of JLA in less than a pannel via light speed and IMP

Lostedge
Batman should lose ... always. He is just a man in bat suit. Also people with superspeed are underestimated. In comics Thanos is described to be pretty Uber, he pretty much beats everyone as he should ...

Batman-Prime
Glads vs Thor. Hell Glads should be able to win most of his fights against the more popular heroes.

Darkseid vs Superman. Supes shouldn't be even an candle in Darkis wind.

Hulk vs Wolverine. The fight shouldn't last even 20 seconds, since the Hulk has AE potential he never uses.

Captain Marvel vs Superman. Supes might be resistant to magic but he isn't impervious to it.

Batman vs Superman......

Mshinu
Beast. His h2h skills and current strength is underrated.
Taskmaster. Uber but jobs every now and then.
Hyperstorm. Can do pretty much anything but lacks feats.
Apocalypse. Wictim of bad writing, lets see him at classic form.

Lord Feron
Alot of street levelrs mess with people not in their own level.

Superman Should win alot of times, but not the times when he just rediculous bullshit. How you gonna let some that slow hit you supes?

Speedsters like other people said should own alot more people according to the way they are written.

Sentry, for crissakes, im not a fan of him, but he does some decent stuff then he gets pawned by some bullshit.

RKT, Hyperstorm, Spider-Man,

Philosophía
People seem to have misunderstood the question as meaning "who in comics isn't generally portrayed like he is on this forum" when the original intent was who in comics is portrayed as inferior to a specific character (thus the Thanos/Surfer example) but the way they are portrayed on this forum would make him win the encounter.

King Kandy
Sentry/WWH was garbage, he should have just been running circles around hulk the whole time.

Lord Feron
OHHHHHH.....

Martian Manhunter, that guy is awesome but always overshadowed by the DC posterboy.

Ares - IMO his run with herc when he was fighting demons and trying to save his boy is royally badass but ppl seem to forget the power he weilds since he became a jobbing Avenger.

Slaanesh
Thor/Rulk was BS..Rulk should have taken the odinforce and punch Thor head off...

Mshinu
Lobo the Main Man trashed Supes all over the fortess of solitude and should hand him his ass every single time. He is written down to massage bleeding fanboy hearts. Postertboy syndrome again.

dmills
I've always thought that the Surfer should be a lot better vs Thanos, but he fights him like an idiot in every encounter. He can out smart T&A but he can't be a little more resourceful against Thanos?

Kris Blaze
Hellion was practically beaten by Prodigy because he knew israeli self defense no expression

That's one of the strongest telekinetics alive, being taken out by a nerd with martial arts.

Juk3n
Spider-man. Enough is enough with this MA > Pete stuff.

Infact

He needs a new canonical story arc , written by someone who loves and most of all KNOWS the powerset. in which he goes on a shit stomping rampage against every high street to street/meta he's ever been pitted against on this forum. The arc should include him whooping (in very few panels) Any Captain America, Daredevil, Black Panther, Taskmaster Ironfist, Wolverine possibly some space for him to smash someone like Elektra aswell as Mister X, Blade.

SamZED
Id definitely argue that Sentry should easilly tear WWH a new one. Even though he's depowered these days.

quanchi112
MM should be written as an utter beast but plays down to other dc heavyweights far too often.

Master Court
If anything, Hulk isn't written high enough. They always show him beating on top-tiers and sh*t, making him out to be a big badass, but they always add some bullsh*t plot device or make the win circumstantial to spare the other guy's reputation. They're not all equal, dammit! Hulk should stomp Thing, Colossus, Wolverine, Namor, Rhino, Abomination, Ares, and Iron Man 10/10 with a flawless victory.

You can't have Hulk bloody up Thor so bad that Thor struggles to his feet, and then have Hulk getting staggered by a measly punch from Colossus. When was the last time Colossus has lifted a mountain? A weaker incarnation of Hulk did it. Hulk has taken nuclear bombs, yet the Thing is going to duke it out with Hulk?

Based on all standard Savage Hulk's high showings, he should stomp all the second raters listed above every single time they meet in combat. Except Namor. He's not a second rater. Namor is pretty cool, actually.

The WWHulk/Sentry fight was flawless. Hulk finally getting some f*cking respect from the writers.

That said, minus Silver Surfer's energy draining power, Thor is the only person I really believe has the right to consistently beat Hulk. And Juggernaut should never do more than stalemate and only because of his durability. Juggernaut has never done anything impressive enough to prove he's all that strong. Namor has fallen behind in the top-tier league. And Gladiator shouldn't be considered such a big threat. Hulk and Gladiator are both emotionally charged. But Gladiator's power only goes down, Hulk's will keep going up. Once Hulk bleeds Gladiator, it should be all over for Glads.

The only people that should ever beat Hulk are Thor, Superman, Silver Surfer, Eddie McDonough, Gladiator, Hercules, and Sentry. And, of course, cosmics like Thanos, etc.

The Pict
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Hellion was practically beaten by Prodigy because he knew israeli self defense no expression

That's one of the strongest telekinetics alive, being taken out by a nerd with martial arts.

Yeah I was like ".....what?"

I don't think Hellion is that powerful though. Never seen any big feats from him.

Badabing
Originally posted by Lostedge
Batman should lose ... always. He is just a man in bat suit. *Resist...urge...to...press...ban...button...* ahuh

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Juk3n

Infact

He needs a new canonical story arc , written by someone who loves and most of all KNOWS the powerset. in which he goes on a shit stomping rampage against every high street to street/meta he's ever been pitted against on this forum. The arc should include him whooping (in very few panels) Any Captain America, Daredevil, Black Panther, Taskmaster Ironfist, Wolverine possibly some space for him to smash someone like Elektra aswell as Mister X, Blade. Lol that was a myth that started on here, and got worse and worse. It's not that Spiderman isn't liked, he's super popular, he just holds back a lot even though he's capable of so much more. Though honestly they generally match him evenly with the aforementioned and have him looking like a doofus with his powerset. But on the forum... yea I can see what you mean. That was never the case before, it was pretty clear that a man with martial arts training wouldn't beat an elephant in a straight fight. Although I'm not so sure if that's as bad as them being "as fast" as him. Or worse, faster.

You could say the same thing about Venom "matching" Wolverine too.

Batman is overwritten, and Flash is extremely underwritten. The way I look at it is that Batman has things go in his favor while Flash generally doesn't.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I've seen Spider-Man one shot guys far above human durability. He did that to one of the Wrecking Crew once, but during Secret War's Spider-Man was at Herald wrecking levels, lol (That event happened before the Symbiote though.).

psycho gundam
kmc flash would dominate the comic industry.

Rage.Of.Olympus
KMC Flash would put heroes out of business.

Also for this thread.

Thor vs. Thanos. Thor has all the tools to beat Thanos (Absorption for infamous Shields, and attacks like the God Blast that can put him down.), if I wanted, I could make a pretty solid argument of Thor being able to beat Thanos.

Personally I don't think he would. At least in general. There's a difference between Thor with C.I.S. on, and Thor with me controlling his actions.

Naija boy
Hmm i dont see thor beating thanos at all. thor has only one attack that can put thanos down. an attack which he hasnt shown to be able to use repeatedly in battle. Further the attack will only put down thanos if thanos shields are down. then there is the issue of thanos also being able to absorb energy AND being able to two shot thor. Then thanos has other things like mental attacks which would be very dangerous to thor and even if they wouldnt put him down immediately (which they actually might) would definitely give him openings to ko thor with a few blasts.

Even with CIS off i dont think thors has to much hope of beating thanos.

And as for the thread, Definitely spiderman against the so called elite MAs.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Naija boy
Hmm i dont see thor beating thanos at all. thor has only one attack that can put thanos down. an attack which he hasnt shown to be able to use repeatedly in battle. Further the attack will only put down thanos if thanos shields are down. then there is the issue of thanos also being able to absorb energy AND being able to two shot thor. Then thanos has other things like mental attacks which would be very dangerous to thor and even if they wouldnt put him down immediately (which they actually might) would definitely give him openings to ko thor with a few blasts.

Even with CIS off i dont think thors has to much hope of beating thanos.

Has Thanos shown to be able to absorb attack that packs enough energy to overload Mjolnir, with double the fortification? Mind you, Mjolnir has ridiculous absorption feats.

He can absorb Thanos's shields can he not?

When has Thanos ever two shot Thor? Even when amped with Universal destroying power, he has had trouble putting down Thor. This was of course later retconned into a clone.

And mental attacks have also been resisted by Thor.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_ResistsMindBlastStranger.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_ResistsMindBlastStranger2.jpg

It's inconsistent though. His resistance to telepathy or mind attacks. Some times it's high. Some times not so high. Thor has his own version of telepathy which has some rather impressive feats (Got through to Strange, despite him not knowing who it was, contacting Odin past dimensional barriers etc.).

If Thor used his abilities wisely and completely, the best thing to do would be to set up a self rotating impenetrable barrier (Meaning Thor doesn't need to power it.), absorb his shields, and let loose a God Blast.

Of course, this is what my strategy for Thor would be.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Has Thanos shown to be able to absorb attack that packs enough energy to overload Mjolnir, with double the fortification? Mind you, Mjolnir has ridiculous absorption feats.

He can absorb Thanos's shields can he not?

When has Thanos ever two shot Thor? Even when amped with Universal destroying power, he has had trouble putting down Thor. This was of course later retconned into a clone.

And mental attacks have also been resisted by Thor.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_ResistsMindBlastStranger.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_ResistsMindBlastStranger2.jpg

It's inconsistent though. His resistance to telepathy or mind attacks. Some times it's high. Some times not so high. Thor has his own version of telepathy which has some rather impressive feats (Got through to Strange, despite him not knowing who it was, contacting Odin past dimensional barriers etc.).

If Thor used his abilities wisely and completely, the best thing to do would be to set up a self rotating impenetrable barrier (Meaning Thor doesn't need to power it.), absorb his shields, and let loose a God Blast.

Of course, this is what my strategy for Thor would be.

He doesnt need to absorb all of it. Absorb some,and use shields/body to tank the rest.

Further how many things is thor going to be doing at the same time? IF he is setting up the his own shield then he wont be using the godblast . If he absorbs thanos shields, thanos can easily put it back up in the time it takes for him to finish absorbing the shield and then use the godblast. He cant simultaneously absorb thanos shield/set up his own to guard against thanos attack/and then use the godblast.

Oh and im talking about the incident where preupgrades oneshotted thing and put down thor with 2 or three shots of his eyebeams.

And also i know that thor has resisted mental attacks before but on a more consistent basis he has shown to be susceptible to it while overcoming it eventually. Hence i took both factors into account and didnt outright claim that thanos would simply mindrape him but its pretty safe to say that he could definitely disorient him with telepathy and thus leave him open to blasts.

About ur strategy,im not sure thor can release the godblast through his barrier in the first place. Then there is the fact that thanos wont just be standing there while thor is absorbing his shields and setting up a godblast. He can counter attack with telepathy,restablish the shields,use blasts of his own etc.

AsbestosFlaygon
Zoom should win against virtually anyone below Skyfather, without PIS/CIS/BFR.

Juggernaut >>> Skaar, obviously

Galactus >>> anyone below Death, Eternity, and Oblivion

Darkseid >>> Superman

Deadshot >>> all sharpshooters, Marvel and DC combined.

Rhino, Sandman, Venom, Mordru >>> Spider-Man

Shuma-Gorath >>> Classic Dr. Strange

Spectre >>> every single DC superhero/superheroine, even combined

Clayface >>> Batman

namorsubby
spider-man losing to to MA peak humans who seem to be ale to match or even outdo him in the speed/agility area at times, and withstand his class 10 blows(which should kill them) as if they were fighting another MA peak human

namorsubby
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

Deadshot >>> all sharpshooters, Marvel and DC combined.

yeah............there really is no comparison

Warlord
Zoom should win against virtually anyone below Skyfather, without PIS/CIS/BFR.

Mordru >>> Spider-Man

confused

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Warlord
confused
Zoom punches stronger than Superman, as said by Wonder Woman.
I have no doubt that she isn't lying, given the fact that she's been hit by Supes in more than one occasion.
And the fact that he's a LOT faster than the avatar of the Speed Force is undeniable proof that no being less than a Skyfather should be able to hit him.

Mordru was/is stronger than Spider-Man.
I don't give a rat shit about that PIS moment where Spidey transformed into a monster on roids.

Warlord
sorry for including the zoom part...I agree with this.

Isn't mordru the dark lord from dc? what does he have to do with spiderman?

AsbestosFlaygon
Oh shizz!

facepalm on my part

I meant Morlun

Warlord
LOL....no probs man...Spiderman would stomp Mordru....wink

Spectrumenian
Originally posted by Juk3n

Infact

He needs a new canonical story arc , written by someone who loves and most of all KNOWS the powerset. in which he goes on a shit stomping rampage against every high street to street/meta he's ever been pitted against on this forum. The arc should include him whooping (in very few panels) Any Captain America, Daredevil, Black Panther, Taskmaster Ironfist, Wolverine possibly some space for him to smash someone like Elektra aswell as Mister X, Blade.

keep on dreaming.... meanwhile MA >>>> spider-man

Spectrumenian
Originally posted by Master Court
If anything, Hulk isn't written high enough. They always show him beating on top-tiers and sh*t, making him out to be a big badass, but they always add some bullsh*t plot device or make the win circumstantial to spare the other guy's reputation. They're not all equal, dammit! Hulk should stomp Thing, Colossus, Wolverine, Namor, Rhino, Abomination, Ares, and Iron Man 10/10 with a flawless victory.

You can't have Hulk bloody up Thor so bad that Thor struggles to his feet, and then have Hulk getting staggered by a measly punch from Colossus. When was the last time Colossus has lifted a mountain? A weaker incarnation of Hulk did it. Hulk has taken nuclear bombs, yet the Thing is going to duke it out with Hulk?

Based on all standard Savage Hulk's high showings, he should stomp all the second raters listed above every single time they meet in combat. Except Namor. He's not a second rater. Namor is pretty cool, actually.

The WWHulk/Sentry fight was flawless. Hulk finally getting some f*cking respect from the writers.

That said, minus Silver Surfer's energy draining power, Thor is the only person I really believe has the right to consistently beat Hulk. And Juggernaut should never do more than stalemate and only because of his durability. Juggernaut has never done anything impressive enough to prove he's all that strong. Namor has fallen behind in the top-tier league. And Gladiator shouldn't be considered such a big threat. Hulk and Gladiator are both emotionally charged. But Gladiator's power only goes down, Hulk's will keep going up. Once Hulk bleeds Gladiator, it should be all over for Glads.

The only people that should ever beat Hulk are Thor, Superman, Silver Surfer, Eddie McDonough, Gladiator, Hercules, and Sentry. And, of course, cosmics like Thanos, etc.

the dumbest hulk fanboy alive sick

Spectrumenian
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
KMC Flash would put heroes out of business.

Also for this thread.

Thor vs. Thanos. Thor has all the tools to beat Thanos (Absorption for infamous Shields, and attacks like the God Blast that can put him down.), if I wanted, I could make a pretty solid argument of Thor being able to beat Thanos.

Personally I don't think he would. At least in general. There's a difference between Thor with C.I.S. on, and Thor with me controlling his actions.

DUMBEST thor fanboy alive

-Pr-
stop name calling.

golem370
I think the JLA team should give Batman a attitude adjustment sit him in a chair and tell him what a weakling he is and how much of a ass O he is and when he trys to say something he gets back handed before he could actual get his sentence done. He then for fun gets stripped and tied up to the antenna of The Empire State Building with only his mask on and a sign sign saying I am a just a man with no powers I am not a Super Heros I am a glummy puss girly man lol.

Endless Mike
Iron Man should beat Captain America every time

So should Spidey

Flash should beat Superman

GL should beat Superman

Mshinu
Two-face, Joker, Penguin and Scarecrow are tiresome morons even Batman should have finished off a long time ago

Deadline
Arghhhh!! I currently think that Punisher could beat Daredevil. Hes more skillful and faster and has even more increased damage soak.

Juntai
Zoom punches stronger than Superman, as said by Wonder Woman.
I have no doubt that she isn't lying, given the fact that she's been hit by Supes in more than one occasion. Besides the fact Superman made her black out in one shot, while she was using kryptonite on him.

Superman once said Guy Gardner Warrior was stronger than Doomsday.
People say weird shit sometimes.

Warlord
Originally posted by Deadline
Arghhhh!! I currently think that Punisher could beat Daredevil. Hes more skillful and faster and has even more increased damage soak.

take that back mad

Juntai
Originally posted by golem370
I think the JLA team should give Batman a attitude adjustment sit him in a chair and tell him what a weakling he is and how much of a ass O he is and when he trys to say something he gets back handed before he could actual get his sentence done. He then for fun gets stripped and tied up to the antenna of The Empire State Building with only his mask on and a sign sign saying I am a just a man with no powers I am not a Super Heros I am a glummy puss girly man lol. Sure, they might be able to do that. But once he gets down-they're ****ed.

Mshinu
Originally posted by Juntai
Sure, they might be able to do that. But once he gets down-they're ****ed.

Pff, he`d c*ckslap and teabag them all while hanging there.

Deadline
Originally posted by Warlord
take that back mad

No. Oh I mean hes not faster and more skillful than DD, hes better than previous versions.

Warlord
Originally posted by Deadline
No. Oh I mean hes not faster and more skillful than DD, hes better than previous versions.

matt pwns..... cool

The Nuul
Wolverine, he should lose to a ton of people but by some BS way he wins a lot more fights.

Sin I AM
I think Danger is downplayed, her powerset should make her a team smasher

Ares definately need a power boost, for a god he should be equal to his Asgardian counterpart

moonstone should have gotten owned by carol, i hate how she's curbstomping people these days

DOOM!!! He is a combination of CLASSIC strange and REED RICHARDS there should be noone on Marvel earth that can mess with him...period

The Nuul
Mandarin should be kicking more ass with his powers and mindset.

Spectrumenian
juggernaut should beat the hell out of hulk

namor should murder wolverine every single time they fight

mister x should be able to avoid any attack from luke cage even without the telepathy due to martial art skills that the writer totally forgot about

bane should take a train to spain when its rain and fight cain

golem370
Juggernaut should be indestructible impervious to any pain or any type of physical trauma

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Naija boy
He doesnt need to absorb all of it. Absorb some,and use shields/body to tank the rest.

Further how many things is thor going to be doing at the same time? IF he is setting up the his own shield then he wont be using the godblast . If he absorbs thanos shields, thanos can easily put it back up in the time it takes for him to finish absorbing the shield and then use the godblast. He cant simultaneously absorb thanos shield/set up his own to guard against thanos attack/and then use the godblast.

Oh and im talking about the incident where preupgrades oneshotted thing and put down thor with 2 or three shots of his eyebeams. And also i know that thor has resisted mental attacks before but on a more consistent basis he has shown to be susceptible to it while overcoming it eventually. Hence i took both factors into account and didnt outright claim that thanos would simply mindrape him but its pretty safe to say that he could definitely disorient him with telepathy and thus leave him open to blasts.

About ur strategy,im not sure thor can release the godblast through his barrier in the first place. Then there is the fact that thanos wont just be standing there while thor is absorbing his shields and setting up a godblast. He can counter attack with telepathy,restablish the shields,use blasts of his own etc.

And what will Thor be doing?

Thor's setting up of a shield consists of spinning his hammer around him once. And then it's done. The vortex does not need to be constantly feed by Thor or anything like that. Setting up his own shields would take a fraction of a moment especially based on the fact that Thor can spin his hammer at speeds in excess of light.

Do Thanos' shields work like that? Meaning Thor drains them, and he can easily put them back up again even if Thor indefinitely repeats the tactic?

I was thinking more along the lines of spin hammer (Thereby setting up shields and safe from Thanos' attacks.), drain Thanos' shields, and hit Thanos with God Blast or simply put in enough raw power in the God Blast to break down Thanos' shield and put Thanos down.

You mean the instance he hits Thor with a few eye beams, and then the fight goes off panel? Also Thanos himself said a few more blasts. A few meaning it's probably more than 3. And take into account that's not something that will happen consistently etc. My meaning being that, it's a high showing for Thanos, and a not exactly a good showing for Thor, seeing as what his tanked before. It's not bad as well really, it happened off panel as I recall, and Thor's blows were rocking even Thanos.

Also it's been a while but wasn't Thanos upgrade simply the fact that the technological boots Thanos got, where made internal by Death? Just asking.

Well, it's been on and off really. At times, his resistant extremely and has displayed his own form of telepathy, and at others, he can be mind controlled etc. I think it's fair to average it out. On his lower showings Thanos can affect him with telepathy or out right defeat him with it, but on his higher showings, not so much.

Oh and if his vortex is already up being affected by telepathy wouldn't leave him vulnerable.

Why not? I've seen Thor walk through vortex's that were intangible and invisible to others just fine. I also recall Thor tossing Mjolnir once through a vortex. I can look for the scan. I don't remember the issue off the top of my head though.

Of course Thanos won't be just standing there. Thor can multitask as well, you know. If by telepathy you mean psi blasts and the like, Thor can deflect them, drain shields once again, and use blasts of his own.

But let's be serious here. On average neither would fight like that. At this point we might as well be doing a battle zone, making up strategies for our characters.

My main point I believe was that if any Top Tier has the tools to beat Thanos, it is Thor, because his level of power is so great that can actually affect and put down Thanos.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not arguing that Thor is going to beat Thanos or would. Just that he has the tools that make it a possibility is all.

I'll leave at that as I have nothing more to add.

King Kandy
Dr. Strange and Sentry both could have owned WWH if not for PIS.

Knowsbleed33
Juggernaut should never lose to the Hulk.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.