Would you rather have 3 more Star Wars movies or 50,000 dollars?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
Would you rather have GL release 3 very high quality movies that that make the originals when they were released seem to be C rated movies in comparison, or get 50,000 dollars?

Autokrat
The latter, easily.

Dr McBeefington
What a stupid question? Would I place my value of the original trilogy at or above $50,000? Hell, would I even put a monetary value on my enjoyment of them? Absolutely not. Again, stupid question.

mattatom
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Would you rather have GL release 3 very high quality movies that that make the originals when they were released seem to be C rated movies in comparison, or get 50,000 dollars? Three movies IF GL doesn't make them.

Lord Lucien
I'd settle for $50.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I'd settle for $50.

Like literally only 50 (without the 3 extra zeros) dollars?

If so, then you really must not be a big Star Wars fan.

Red Nemesis
Major premise: That any Star Wars fan would prefer to expand the Saga.
Minor premise: That Lucien does not want to expand the saga.
Conclusion: Lucien is not a Star Wars fan.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Red Nemesis

Don't rub it in. We don't need to be reminded of his stupidity and it's unprofessional.

truejedi
hmmm... I would take 100 dollars. i'd forgo 50 for 3 more movies, but i'd take 100.

Lord Lucien
Conclusion: Lucien is not a Star Wars fan. Two words: Waru. Binks.

One Free Man
hey... i would take 10 bucks not to see another star wars movie. pt was enough for me, especially since i don't like any movies the public would consider "grade A' or art. most of the films i like are grungy action or just plain entertaining. Example: i enjoy watching t2 more than forest gump (I like forrest gump, but w/e).

Autokrat

All Star Wars fans are people that want to expand the Star Wars saga.
No persons identical to Lucien are people that want to expand the Star Wars Saga.
-----------------------------------------------
No persons identical to Lucien are Star Wars fans.

AEE - 2

Unconditionally Valid both Boolean and Aristotelian.

One Free Man
are we going on a star wars fan witch-hunt now? if so i'm about to get burned.

Red Nemesis
This is why arguing from axioms fails so often.

(Didn't we have the same thing?

any Star Wars fan would prefer to expand the Saga = All Star Wars fans are people that want to expand the Star Wars saga

Lucien does not want to expand the saga = No persons identical to Lucien are people that want to expand the Star Wars Saga

Lucien is not a Star Wars fan = No persons identical to Lucien are Star Wars fans

The only difference is that "Lucien" is expanded to be a category of people that are identical to Lucien?)

Autokrat
I took what you said and changed it into a standard form categorical syllogism. That's about it.

It should be noted that valid deductive argument is not necessarily sound. Valid and sound are two different things.

Dr McBeefington
It should be noted that neither one of you would score well on a logical reasoning portion of the LSAT.

Lord Lucien
It should also be noted that I'm influential and important enough to merit my having my own category of mentality.

mattatom
It should also be noted that I'm influential and important enough to merit my having my own category of mentality. You are quite correct Lucien, yours is below retarded.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by mattatom
You are quite correct Lucien, yours is below retarded. In that case allow me to officially recognize you as the leading member.

mattatom
In that case allow me to officially recognize you as the leading member. I'm afraid that is quite impossible as I am currently second in charge of Mensa.

NoogDeNoog
i would take the 50K, i have a mortgage and that would go a long way to paying it off. however, if the movies were from the imperial point of view and filmed like band of brothers or saving private ryan, then maybe. oh, i would also require minimal jedi/sith characters and maximum use of Stormtroopers.

Lord Lucien
I'm afraid that is quite impossible as I am currently second in charge of Mensa. Second not first. Everyone knows that unless you're #1 in Mensa, then you're just a normie.

REXXXX
I'd take $50,000. I need it. wink

truejedi
I just read in Clone Wars Logic that anyone who is a second in charge of mensa sucks Revan!!!!

mattatom
Originally posted by truejedi
I just read in Clone Wars Logic that anyone who is a second in charge of mensa sucks Revan!!!! Well it's a good thing I got promoted then since the old No.1 passed away.

Red Nemesis
but...but... then why am I still breathing?

mattatom
but...but... then why am I still breathing? Your in denial.

Red Nemesis
I've never been to Africa.

mattatom
I've never been to Africa. How original. Never heard that one before

REXXXX
Yes you have.

Anyway, I really don't think we'd get much more out of three more movies other than a lot of whining fanboys.

mattatom
Originally posted by REXXXX
Yes you have.

Anyway, I really don't think we'd get much more out of three more movies other than a lot of whining fanboys. Can you prove that Rex? *Waits patiently* Exactly! You can't. Though I do agree with you yet I really would like to see a SW movie which didn't involve the sith much, maybe one based around the YV sorta time.

truejedi
i'd like to see Yoda's old involvement with the dark side that is hinted at in DR and i think AOTC, or ROTS, not sure which.

Hewhoknowsall
LOL imagine a Jedi Palpatine

Red Nemesis
Can you prove that Rex? *Waits patiently* Exactly! You can't. Though I do agree with you yet I really would like to see a SW movie which didn't involve the sith much, maybe one based around the YV sorta time.

dnt trll mds plz

Goal: to transcend disenvowelment

mattatom
dnt trll mds plz

Goal: to transcend disenvowelment I was asking for proof. Therefore by your reasoning does that mean every debate is just an exchange of trolling, well it's a given if DS and/or HWNN are in there but elsewise.?

ArtificialGlory
50k anytime.

ares834
I plan to win the powerball so give me the movies...

Happy Dance

pgdarth95
3 more movies

Slash_KMC
Movies: 7

Money: 2

Capitalism, you just got Own3d.

truejedi
7-3. I just noticed that there was a poll. What kind of no-brainer question is this anyway? Give me the 50 LARGE!!!

mattatom
Originally posted by truejedi
7-3. I just noticed that there was a poll. What kind of no-brainer question is this anyway? Give me the 50 LARGE!!! I find your lack of spatial awareness disturbing.

Red Nemesis
TJ:

thumb up

I tend not to vote in polls.

BoratBorat
I'd rather have your moms ass.

Lord Lucien
TJ:

thumb up

I tend not to vote in polls. Conformist.

BoratBorat
Originally posted by BoratBorat

mattatom
I'd rather have your moms ass. Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Conformist.

Slash_KMC
Conformist.

REXXXX
BoratBorat, don't make posts like that. Thanks.

Meanwhile, this has devolved well below the topic. Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.