Thor runs the Superman villains gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
He gets no rest between the fights. As soon as he gets a forum win against one of them, the next one immediatley pops in. In character for all the participants, including Thor.

1.Atlas
2.Mongul (son, no rings)
3.Parasite
4.Solomon Grundy
5.Bizarro

Where does he stop, if he does ?

-Pr-

Omega Vision
I'd say it depends if Thor knows what he's dealing with. He can breeze through one and two but if he's not careful he may fall victim to the Parasite's absorption powers. Has Thor ever fought Absorbing Man? If so it would be good for comparison. Really Parasite is his only real challenge, Grundy is usually a poor man's Hulk and Bizzaro certainly has the power to hurt Thor but he doesn't have Superman's skill or ingenuity so Thor would handle him without too much trouble.

DarthDaniel1001
Thor has fought Absorbing Man countless times. Loki actually created Absorbing Man so as to use him as a pawn against Thor. I say that without rest he MIGHT stop at Bizzaro just because by that point he would be pretty exhausted but otherwise, he clears it.

The Nuul
Clears it, Thor starts to have issues with Cyborg. Anyone under him isnt a issue for Thor.

Omega Vision
Oh I didn't notice the information about there not being breaks. Hmm in that case he'll probably be pretty battered by the time he goes up against Grundy. He'll beat Grundy of course but then I imagine Bizarro has a pretty good chance against an exhausted and bruised Thor. I'm not sure Thor makes it through without breaks.

-Pr-
no rest? oh, right. mongul is going to take a LOT out of him in single combat. parasite should finish the job, imo.

The Nuul
If Thor figures it out then he could BFR some people.

-Pr-
Originally posted by The Nuul
If Thor figures it out then he could BFR some people.

aye. it's his willingness to slug it out that will be his undoing imo.

Kris Blaze
He can clear it, but 3 to 4 might be real trouble.

Badabing
He stops at 1.

Naija boy
He clears it.

Master Court
Thor waltzes through it.

carver9
He clears this without too much trouble. Use Superman higher end villians like the 1st imperex probe he fought in the beginning alongside mongul (even though I think thor would easily stomp it). Thor enemies brings more punishment and power so why would weaker enemies beat thor

Omega Vision
Yeah most of these enemies are ones that Superman beats without too much trouble. The real question would be if Thor could take on guys like Cyborg Superman and Darkseid.

carver9
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Yeah most of these enemies are ones that Superman beats without too much trouble. The real question would be if Thor could take on guys like Cyborg Superman and Darkseid.

Thors versatility edges things out with cyborg and darkseid. Darkseid omega blast would be pointless because it would get absorbed. Darkseid only option in fighting thor would be to go fist cuff and thats where the problem start, thor is packing planet crushing punches that would f*** darkseid up.

So in a fight, yes, I give thor the edge against darkseid. With Cyborg superman, it depends on the environment.

Thor enemies is clearly more powerful than supes enemies.

Omega Vision
Nothing says Thor would absorb the Omega Effect, that's idle speculation on your part. The True (non Avatar) Darkseid's Omega Beams aren't like heat vision they're a cosmic force that has molecular restructuring powers and at times demonstrates reality warping abilities. And Cyborg Superman with ten rings would annihilate Thor.

King Kandy
Thor can clear this. I mean these are like D-list superman villains here.

carver9
Nothing says Thor would absorb the Omega Effect, that's idle speculation on your part. The True (non Avatar) Darkseid's Omega Beams aren't like heat vision they're a cosmic force that has molecular restructuring powers and at times demonstrates reality warping abilities. And Cyborg Superman with ten rings would annihilate Thor.

What proof do you have that thor wont be able to absorb his blast because from what I have seen thor has had no problem absorbing any type or form of energy?

I didnt know we were talking about cyborg superman with the rings.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by carver9
What proof do you have that thor wont be able to absorb his blast because from what I have seen thor has had no problem absorbing any type or form of energy?

I didnt know we were talking about cyborg superman with the rings.
The Omega Effect isn't energy (most writers forget that however) it's a manifestation of Darkseid's will and sometimes its written as the Source's negative charge. In the old days if Darkseid wanted a person dead that person died, now Wonder Woman can reflect it back at Darkseid with her bracelets which is bullshit (its like scooping a bucket of water and throwing it at an approaching tsunami, it makes no sense)
Still it should never be treated as conventional cosmic energy, it can't be absorbed except if the absorbing object has a connection to the Source (like Highfather's staff)

carver9
The Omega Effect isn't energy (most writers forget that however) it's a manifestation of Darkseid's will and sometimes its written as the Source's negative charge. In the old days if Darkseid wanted a person dead that person died, now Wonder Woman can reflect it back at Darkseid with her bracelets which is bullshit (its like scooping a bucket of water and throwing it at an approaching tsunami, it makes no sense)
Still it should never be treated as conventional cosmic energy, it can't be absorbed except if the absorbing object has a connection to the Source (like Highfather's staff)

I'll be waiting on that proof that thor cant absorb the omega blasts.

boriquaking55
He can clear it, but it will be tough for him. However Kandy is right, these are not Supes A-list rogues, so Thor should be able to handle it

-Pr-

don't ask people to prove a negative.

Omega Vision
The burden of proof is on whether Thor can absorb the blasts, not the other way around.

carver9
So I have to post every energy attack that thor has absorbed? Can you show me a scan proving that the Omega BLAST is more than just a energy attack. Didnt superman cancel it out with his heat vision?

carver9
Hell, thor has even canceled out a telepathic assault from rachel summers, the phoenix, so why would he have a problem absorbing darkseid blast?

jasofisc

-Pr-
So I have to post every energy attack that thor has absorbed? Can you show me a scan proving that the Omega BLAST is more than just a energy attack. Didnt superman cancel it out with his heat vision?

i don't know if the hammer can absorb the omega. but no, it's not just an energy blast, based on the amount of different things darkseid has done with it over the years.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
i don't know if the hammer can absorb the omega. but no, it's not just an energy blast, based on the amount of different things darkseid has done with it over the years.

I know all the things that Darkseid used it for but I also know all the things that Thor absorbed using his hammer and I dont think darkseid blast would be any different.

If thor can cancel out EVERYTHING that the surfer use against him and we all know that surfer is more than just energy attacks then we shouldnt have a problem absorbing anything from darkseid.

Im about to go to bed, you all have a good night.

h1a8
Now I may agree that Thor beats most here if not all. But how in the hell he clears this when he gets no rest? After his fight with Atlas he should be tired and injured like hell. If Mongul doesn't finish him Bizzaro will (speed).

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
Now I may agree that Thor beats most here if not all. But how in the hell he clears this when he gets no rest? After his fight with Atlas he should be tired and injured like hell. If Mongul doesn't finish him Bizzaro will (speed).

Atlas beating thor? confused

carver9
Atlas giving thor a fight along with bizarro? WOW

-Pr-
I know all the things that Darkseid used it for but I also know all the things that Thor absorbed using his hammer and I dont think darkseid blast would be any different.

If thor can cancel out EVERYTHING that the surfer use against him and we all know that surfer is more than just energy attacks then we shouldnt have a problem absorbing anything from darkseid.

Im about to go to bed, you all have a good night.

surfer isn't darkseid, though.

night.

Philosophía
Darkseid isn't in this thread. Neither is Cyborg Superman or anybody else. So stop that discussion.

Originally posted by -Pr-
no rest? oh, right. mongul is going to take a LOT out of him in single combat. parasite should finish the job, imo.
I'd lean twoards that aswell.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Master Court
Thor waltzes through it. laughing out loud

ColossusGrundy
I would LOVE to see this in a comic.

All 5 are beat-able, BUT 3 - 5 could beat him as well.

Wish Marvel/DC would try the "let me try your villains on for size" type crossover like this.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hal Jordan take on the Fantastic 4's villains or The X-men try out the Teen Titans' foes.

Cool thread.

jasofisc
thor could beat them all at once and easyly too

shokosugi
Originally posted by King Kandy
Thor can clear this. I mean these are like D-list superman villains here.

yeah frigin d-listers

xJLxKing
He will stop at Bizarro. He can is definitely better then all of them, but he doesn't have the durability to last each fight with them. Nope!

Stunner2xx
too much beating although i will admit if thor does BFR then is pretty much a walk in the park. I he decides to fight then he doesnt have the durability

jasofisc
Originally posted by xJLxKing
He will stop at Bizarro. He can is definitely better then all of them, but he doesn't have the durability to last each fight with them. Nope!

based on??????

Kris Blaze
Mongul speedblitzes him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by shokosugi
yeah frigin d-listers

There is the king of the Listers.. Shoko.. where have you been.. supes has needed you as of late.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Mongul speedblitzes him.

your a funny man so why are their like no threads about lafreeze

Supermex
Who where the 3 or 4 that jump Superman while he was watchin T.V? Parasite, Solomon Grundy and Bizarro right? but was there 1 more or just Metallo that shows up at the end after Supes is already down and beaten?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by jasofisc
based on??????
Because most of those guys can hang with Superman. They just be as tough against Thor If not tougher because he doesn't know their tactic, and moves as Superman does. After a few fights especially 3 and 4, he be tired. A Superman clone can beat him

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Because most of those guys can hang with Superman. They just be as tough against Thor If not tougher because he doesn't know their tactic, and moves as Superman does. After a few fights especially 3 and 4, he be tired. A Superman clone can beat him

Why does Thor need to know their "tactic"? They have none no expression

The only person whose powers differs from the rest is Parasite. The rest are idiots who can only duke it out physically and do nothing more. There's also a lot less for parasite to fetch here, Thor's powers aren't just in his body.

D_Dude1210
Atlas, Parasite and Grundy can't fly. Won't Thor just blast them with a lightning bolt while safely in the air?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Atlas, Parasite and Grundy can't fly. Won't Thor just blast them with a lightning bolt while safely in the air?

would be a bit out of character, possible YES, likely I don't think so
lot's of Thor villains also can't fly

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Parmaniac
would be a bit out of character, possible YES, likely I don't think so
lot's of Thor villains also can't fly

If he knew the stips of the fight (the fact that he gets no rest), he'll most likely play it smart and use his lightning bolts instead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.