Tetsuo Shima

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy
Tetsuo Shima

http://www.cyberpunkreview.com/images/akira36.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_dIHxonWTwkM/SaQ9LlYSaDI/AAAAAAAABTI/kffqOcDS-vk/s400/akira_l.jpg

uEaSlXK28AY

Tetsuo Shima is the main antagonist from the 1988 animated film "Akira"

A member of a young motorcycle gang in a futuristic 'Neo-Tokyo," Tetsuo is involved in an accident, and is experimented on by a government agency. This leaves him with immense psychic power, which he uses to rampage across Neo-Tokyo.

Tetsuo suffers from an intense inferiority complex, that distances his friendship with the bike leader Kaneda, who Tetsuo met in the orphanage when they grew up. His growing jealousy of Kaneda and wishing to prove himself leads to a final confrontation with Kaneda.

--------------------------------------------

So pretty much Tetsuo is a badass. Akira is a really good film, and if you haven't seen it, you should go check it out. It's adapted from manga.

Even though he's kinda this evil guy, you sorta feel bad for him. But his capabilities are crazy, the scenes with him fighting tanks and pretty much the whole militia is ridiculous.

BruceSkywalker
I liked Akira

Tkemert20
Yeah, Tetsuo is both an antagonist and a protagonist, more so in the manga, but still. Also, Akira is good, but very overrated, the manga is MUCH BETTER.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Tkemert20
Yeah, Tetsuo is both an antagonist and a protagonist, more so in the manga, but still. Also, Akira is good, but very overrated, the manga is MUCH BETTER.

Overrated? It's the opposite, it's waaaaaay underrated. Though it was relatively popular for a cult film, it didn't even come close to matching up against Die Hard, despite Akira being a much better film.

For every person that sees any of hte twilight films, they also need to see Akira. That way, they can tell the difference between sh*t films and good films.

Forgot to add: the music is just great in Akira. I loved it.

Kazenji
I've yet to check out the Manga......should'nt take long to read only 6 volumes.

Scythe
Hell yes!

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Overrated? It's the opposite, it's waaaaaay underrated.

Agreed, I watched it in the theater, just happened to hear about it from two people talking close to me. It was also out of the theater after a week. A WAY underrated anime.

Esomark
Tetsuo would mop the floor with everyone from Twilight.

NemeBro
Akira is actually considered to be a very good anime by the anime community. no expression

Granted, as all anime is, it is underrated by the movie community.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.