Survival...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dmills
Survive this Horror scenario. You, your lover and another couple are driving across country through New Mexico when your tires are suddenly blown out. You begin to try and call for help but you have no cell phone signal and you're 50 miles away from the nearest rest stop. As you begin to wonder around, you notice a sign that says Sector 16. You realize that you're near an abandoned military base.

Night begins to fall. As you and your party plan your next move, 1 of them decides to venture off to take a piss and their partner goes with them, leaving you and your spouse. 30 minutes go by and you realize that your friends haven't returned yet. You decide to go and look for them.

As you're looking for them you stumble across a pool of blood and a shoe. A shoe you recognize belongs to one of your friends. Suddenly you hear laughter. You quickly spin around and spot someone running past just outside of your field of view. As you're distracted suddenly someone grabs your spouse and pulls them through what appears to be a hole in the ground leading to an underground tunnel. You're left alone and you hear more laughter around you.

You run back to the car and look for supplies. You've got a flashlight, a crow bar, a lighter, some road flares and a few bottles of water. You have to find your partner and survive being stalked and hunted by the cannibalistic mutants from "The Hills Have Eyes".

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/36/HHE-FrtCover-Final.jpg

You get to pick one of the following 3;

1: Wolverines Senses, but not his adamantium, claws or healing factor

2: Captain America's (Steve) agility, reflexes and fighting skills, but not his strength, endurance or shield.

3: The Punishers arsenal and equipment, but none of his skills.

Yes I'm seriously gimping you wink . Remember those mutants are strong as hell, extremely cunning and damn hard to kill so choose wisely.

KingD19
I'd take 3, I'm already pretty strong and all that stuff, plus I've been training with guns and paintballing since I was 12. I'm good enough with his hardware to put it to good use, and even if I wasn't good with them. I'd rather use the point and click gun than being agile with a crowbar.

Bouboumaster
I'd take 3, and shoot in the mofos

dmills
Originally posted by KingD19
I'd take 3, I'm already pretty strong and all that stuff, plus I've been training with guns and paintballing since I was 12. I'm good enough with his hardware to put it to good use, and even if I wasn't good with them. I'd rather use the point and click gun than being agile with a crowbar. What about finding your spouse and friends? cool

Placidity
I like it.

I have not seen 'The Hills Have Eyes', but I'll just assume they are street level monsters.

1. Wolverines Senses - doesn't help you that much. Sure you'll sense them coming/where they are, but they'd still kill you.

2. Captain America's Agility/Reflexes/Skills - With a crowbar, I feel I have the best chance with this powerset. I'm not as strong as Cap, but I've got enough strength along with his skills to crack skulls with a crowbar.

3. Punisher's Arsenal - Hmm weapons would be nice, but I'd probably shit my pants and one wrong move and they could probably get me from behind. Too risky.

KingD19
After I killed all the mutants who came after me, I would find my friends and wife. Plus with Punishers gear, I could easily make one of my assault rifles a pineapple(underslung flashlight)

dmills
Originally posted by Placidity
I like it.

I have not seen 'The Hills Have Eyes', but I'll just assume they are street level monsters.

They all have strength somewhere around enhanced human. The bastards are very hard to kill because they come at you from all kinds of crazy secret tunnels and hidden passages. The have pretty good durability. IIRC it took a whole clip and a knife to the back of the skull to put one down in part 2.

Here is a link to the trailer for the movie. Just to give you an idea of what your up against.

dmills
Here's another scene where the character Doug who is looking for his kidnapped infant daughter, fight's for his life against Pluto, the second strongest of the mutants. Notice how Pluto takes a wooden stake right through his stomach and looks at it like "That's interesting" and proceeds to toss Doug around with one arm.

Here. Just an idea of what you're up against. You also might want to check out the graphic novel.

Board Walker
I would pick wolverine, an experienced soldier, survivalist and tactician, the stipulations state he does not have his adamantium or healing factor how ever he still has his reflexes, speed, combat abilities heightened mental processing and senses. With wolverine as both a capable hunter and stealthy individual, I would pick him.

Not only that, but with his experience, heightened senses and stealth detection, he would better be able to keep us out of harms way while we search for the missing members, as well as have a better likely hood of knowing when they will attack and are near due to his senses.

dmills
Originally posted by Board Walker
I would pick wolverine, an experienced soldier, survivalist and tactician, the stipulations state he does not have his adamantium or healing factor how ever he still has his reflexes, speed, combat abilities heightened mental processing and senses. With wolverine as both a capable hunter and stealthy individual, I would pick him.

Not only that, but with his experience, heightened senses and stealth detection, he would better be able to keep us out of harms way while we search for the missing members, as well as have a better likely hood of knowing when they will attack and are near due to his senses. But it's YOU. You have Wolverine's Senses ONLY. Not his speed, skills or anything else. It's just you with Wolverines senses.

KingD19
Yeah, you can hear, see, sense, and smell them. That's about it though, you basically get Wolverine's animal senses, and you have to use them in your own body, with your own experiences.

Which is why I'm going with Punisher. Anything that moves is getting a lead shower.

dmills
Yeah, you can hear, see, sense, and smell them. That's about it though, you basically get Wolverine's animal senses, and you have to use them in your own body, with your own experiences.

Which is why I'm going with Punisher. Anything that moves is getting a lead shower. But did you look at that first trailer? In the movie it only took 2 of them to kill all except 3 of an entire crew of national guardsmen. They are some tricky bastards.

KingD19
I know that, I've seen both movies, read the book, seen the original movies, and read the graphic novel. I just think if you went about slowly, made a minimum of noise, and got lucky, the best choice would be Punisher. Most of the mutants are very injury resistant, but I doubt any of them could take more than 2 bullets to the skull, from anything in Punisher's arsenal.

dmills
I know that, I've seen both movies, read the book, seen the original movies, and read the graphic novel.

You've watched the originals? thumb down

Well go on with your bad self! cool

KingD19
I work short hours for a high paycheck, so I have a lot of free time.

And yeah, a group of friends used to have a movie night every other week, and it was always a theme, vintage horror movies was the theme when I saw them.

Board Walker
So with wolverine I assume I get his senses and mental processing speeds and physical speeds as well I'm assuming, other wise the senses would be useless as I wouldn't be able to keep up.

And by speeds I mean the actual physical ability of my synapses and muscles to react to my senses and mental processes. (That is if I get them or not in the first place).

Parmaniac
3 definately, just look at his current arsenal wink

KingD19
You get his senses, and your mind is now adapted to using them. So when you hear something, your brains says, that was about 12 feet behind me, etc...

As for physical speed, your brain synapses are adapted to your senses, but that's it, so if you weren't paying attention and somehow Pluto snuck up on you, then he takes a swing at your head with that axe of his. You hear the axe slicing through the air, but it's your own reflexes. So in Wolverine's case, he could easily dodge the axe, then chop of Pluto's ass and hand it to him, but in your case, would your reflexes be enough?

Master Court
I've already got mad skills, so I'd take 3 and go hunting. I'll kill everyone indiscriminately. Even if it looks, acts, and sounds exactly like my spouse and isn't trying to kill me.

It'd be a piece of cake.

Placidity
Originally posted by Master Court
I've already got mad skills, so I'd take 3 and go hunting. I'll kill everyone indiscriminately. Even if it looks, acts, and sounds exactly like my spouse and isn't trying to kill me.

It'd be a piece of cake.

Ha, why would you even go back in the tunnels then? You could just bail.

grimify
I'd take 2. I thought about 3, but even with Punisher's gear, it would only take being surprised one time for one of those guys to kill you.

I'm in pretty good shape, and having comic book level skills and reflexes would make this a walk in the park.

Lord Feron
2 - with Caps combat ability I would be easily able to put does the guys. I'll try my best to just capture one of the bastards and make him tell me. Yep i'm that badass....

dmills
The cool thing about this scenario is that there really is no wrong answer. You pick what suits you best.

Caps skills, reflexes and agility- I've been training in Judo since I was like 9 and kali and boxing since I was 12 (I'm 30 now), so I could do alright hand to hand.

Punishers arsenal. I can shoot, but I think in that particular environment guns would lure you into a false sense of security and you'd get pwned by Lizard or Chameleon.

I'd take Wolverine's senses. No one could sneak up on me but I'd use my superior hearing, vision and sense of smell to stalk them and pwn them all one by one. Or I could just use my senses to stay out of harms way and track down my wife, only fighting when I had to. Doug used his dog beast to track the mutants back to their main hide out. With Wolvie's senses I'd do the same. I'd know Pluto was waiting to ambush me and I'd circle around and stick my crowbar into his head.

-Pr-
I'll take Cap's skills. With 3, i'd worry about my reflexes and getting flanked. with 2, i wouldn't have to worry about that.

I'm strong enough anyways.

dmills
Originally posted by Master Court

It'd be a piece of cake. laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Parmaniac
QUESTION: Wich Mutants do we use? the ones from part 1 or part 2? That's pretty important cause some of these mutants seemed like super humans (part 2, Hades, Chameleon) and in part 1 they have guns so skill is pretty useless IMO

dmills
Originally posted by Parmaniac
QUESTION: Which Mutants do we use? the ones from part 1 or part 2? That's pretty important cause some of these mutants seemed like super humans (part 2, Hades, Chameleon) and in part 1 they have guns so skill is pretty useless IMO Both. Since the events of part 1&2 are happening in roughly the same span of time. The timeline is; the events of the graphic novel, part 1 and then part 2. So technically you could be in the midst of all of the surrounding events.

And all of the mutants are highly injury resistant and possess some level of enhanced strength among other abilities. Sniffer, for example, is nearly blind so he gets around on his enhanced sense of smell.

golem370
Would you want to smell them that well lol

dmills
Originally posted by golem370
Would you want to smell them that well lol laughing out loud I was thinking the same thing!

KingD19
You would have to be damn good with that crowbar if you picked anything other than Punisher, and you'd have to go for nothing but head/neck shots. Anything is useless really.

dmills
You would have to be damn good with that crowbar if you picked anything other than Punisher, and you'd have to go for nothing but head/neck shots. Anything is useless really. Don't you just love the tension? evil face Every option has it's strengths but has it's vulnerabilities as well.

You want the Punisher's arsenal? You don't get his skills so if you don't know how to shoot, you're assed out.

You want Wolvies senses? Good luck with that because you get no adamantium, no healing factor, no claws and none of his skills.

You want Caps fighting skills, agility and reflexes? You'd better fight smart and use that flashlight because it's dark as hell and the Mutants are much much stronger then you are.

Board Walker
You get his senses, and your mind is now adapted to using them. So when you hear something, your brains says, that was about 12 feet behind me, etc...

As for physical speed, your brain synapses are adapted to your senses, but that's it, so if you weren't paying attention and somehow Pluto snuck up on you, then he takes a swing at your head with that axe of his. You hear the axe slicing through the air, but it's your own reflexes. So in Wolverine's case, he could easily dodge the axe, then chop of Pluto's ass and hand it to him, but in your case, would your reflexes be enough?

In that case then, I will take Wolverines senses.

Philosophía
I don't need any of that shit.

I'd get out of the car and start kicking ass with my bare hands.

PRAYERRUN
Originally posted by dmills
Survive this Horror scenario. You, your lover and another couple are driving across country through New Mexico when your tires are suddenly blown out. You begin to try and call for help but you have no cell phone signal and you're 50 miles away from the nearest rest stop. As you begin to wonder around, you notice a sign that says Sector 16. You realize that you're near an abandoned military base.

Night begins to fall. As you and your party plan your next move, 1 of them decides to venture off to take a piss and their partner goes with them, leaving you and your spouse. 30 minutes go by and you realize that your friends haven't returned yet. You decide to go and look for them.

As you're looking for them you stumble across a pool of blood and a shoe. A shoe you recognize belongs to one of your friends. Suddenly you hear laughter. You quickly spin around and spot someone running past just outside of your field of view. As you're distracted suddenly someone grabs your spouse and pulls them through what appears to be a hole in the ground leading to an underground tunnel. You're left alone and you hear more laughter around you.

You run back to the car and look for supplies. You've got a flashlight, a crow bar, a lighter, some road flares and a few bottles of water. You have to find your partner and survive being stalked and hunted by the cannibalistic mutants from "The Hills Have Eyes".

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/36/HHE-FrtCover-Final.jpg

You get to pick one of the following 3;

1: Wolverines Senses, but not his adamantium, claws or healing factor

2: Captain America's (Steve) agility, reflexes and fighting skills, but not his strength, endurance or shield.

3: The Punishers arsenal and equipment, but none of his skills.

Yes I'm seriously gimping you wink . Remember those mutants are strong as hell, extremely cunning and damn hard to kill so choose wisely.

Ok lets look at this from my point of view. I'm not some bodybuilder or karate expert so I myself would probably be dead. I could run and pray but that's about it. Wolverines senses would tell me where to run so that I could avoid the monsters. That would be valueable to me, but I can't fight so I would have to TOTALLY avoid them. Captain America's agility, reflexes and fighting skills would help me if I ran into them. That would be my best bet because I do have some strength in me. The Punishers wouldn't do me much good because I can't shoot a gun to save my life.(which, ironically, is exactly what I'd be trying to do here lol. ) I'd choose Captain America's agility, reflexes and fighting skills.

dmills

dmills
Wolverine's senses.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.