Kingpin's Criminal Network in DCU Earth vs Lex Corp or Wayne Industry?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WickedDynamite
Who would Kingpin try to sabotage by means of Industrial Espionage?

Lex Corp

Or

Wayne Industries

Would he dare attack both?

PRAYERRUN
Neither. Lex won't get involved with a known criminal organization and Wayne would find out Kingpins motives before Kingpin even tried anything.

AsbestosFlaygon
Wayne is too damn smart and rich to be sabotaged.

Hewhoknowsall
Wayne calls in Superman...

godking
Kingpins organization at its peak controlled the US goverment.

He can destroy both companies if he uses all his resources.

vansonbee
Kingpin would avoid Lex Corp due to Lex open criminal history. This concept might not apply, if Lex Corp is developing something the Kingpin needs. evil face

Why not attack Wayne industry? Not everyone knows Bruce is Batman... GEEZ lolz

Darth Jello
At his peak, Kingpin was completely legally untouchable and controlled or had some steak in literally every criminal operation on Earth, had control of several countries, and had several US politicians and Military commanders under his control as well. Prior to the Nuke incident and HYDRA/SHIELD/Daredevil's take down of his empire when he tried to create a Fox News style right wing media monopoly, he was arguably the most powerful and influential person on the planet, arguably more so than the President of the United States.

Darth Jello
Here's how it goes down. Fisk Industries moves into Metropolis and Gotham. It starts by partnering with LexCorp and making large donations to charities run by both Wayne and Luthor. The Kingpin soon unites and gains control of all organized crime while quickly taking out unstable and dangerous elements such as Hush and The Joker with the aid of Bullseye and Bushwacker. He then makes LexCorp financially intertwined with Fisk Industries, essentially creating a hostile takeover while appointing Lex as one of his inner circle while essentially holding him hostage and using his technology. Fisk then uses his sources to uncover Bruce Wayne as Batman and systematically ruins Wayne until he is forced to resign from Wayne Enterprises which Fisk easily takes over. He uses Typhoid to drive him mad and Bullseye to kill the rest of the Batman family. Wayne will eventually figure out who is ruining his life and will launch a desperate attack. Fisk will then kill him with his bare hands. Superman will find it hard to get anyone to arrest Fisk or to expose him. Other heroes would be overwhelmed by the size and strength of Fisk's forces or resources as he slowly takes over organized crime and legitimate business throughout the rest of the country while staying more or less untouchable until he becomes arrogant and makes a mistake.

rotiart
.... How long did it take kingpin to discover the secret identity of daredevil or say... Spiderman...

while what you say is plausible I disagree that it'll happen

Darth Jello
In comic years... He didn't find out Spider-Man's identity until he revealed it because Spider-Man wasn't as big of a thorn in his side as Daredevil or Punisher so Fisk didn't find that one out until he publicly revealed it. In fact since Spidey often fought rival factions, it was almost advantageous for Fisk to keep him active. Plus, DD made it personal when he used Vanessa Fisk as a bargaining chip at one point. In comics time, it took him something like a year to figure it out since I assume that the beginning of Born Again took place somewhere in the middle of the Elektra saga and that Kingpin was bluffing when he ridiculed Bullseye for piecing together Matt's identity. He ruined his life in the period of around a month and a half if he was behind the decline of Nelson and Murdock that started before Born Again and I'm guessing it took Murdock at least 2-3 years to fix everything more or less to the status quo which he did right after Guardian Devil.

Omega Vision
If he attacked both at once he'd get buried. Lex Luthor is like Kingpin but with the added benefit of being a Dr. Doom-level scientist who's sociopathic tendencies (once riled) make KP look cuddly and sweet. And Bruce Wayne? Come on, Lex Luthor himself has tried to ruin Wayne Industries many times and its always failed. Besides I'm pretty sure in this scenario Kingpin doesn't have access to guys like Bullseye because this is in the DCU.

Darth Jello
I was under the assumption that this would be in a shared universe and Fisk would simply be moving his business to town and that he would still have access to all his resources. I mean, despite his rather piss poor performance in the DC vs. Marvel book (due to him being surprised and disoriented), I don't think many of the DC street levelers would be adequately prepared to deal with someone like Bullseye. Most of Fisk's muscle is more dangerous than Batman's typical villains, especially Typhoid Mary. Plus, based on what he typically does I'm assuming Fisk would either ally/take over other criminal syndicates and that he would kill off non-cooperatives or loose cannons. I wouldn't be surprised if he killed off a non-cooperative Luthor with his bare-hands or used heroes to do his dirty work before turning on him. Hell, he could just do what he did in Countdown and sic the Punisher on Luthor and the rest.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Darth Jello
I was under the assumption that this would be in a shared universe and Fisk would simply be moving his business to town and that he would still have access to all his resources. I mean, despite his rather piss poor performance in the DC vs. Marvel book (due to him being surprised and disoriented), I don't think many of the DC street levelers would be adequately prepared to deal with someone like Bullseye. Most of Fisk's muscle is more dangerous than Batman's typical villains, especially Typhoid Mary. Plus, based on what he typically does I'm assuming Fisk would either ally/take over other criminal syndicates and that he would kill off non-cooperatives or loose cannons. I wouldn't be surprised if he killed off a non-cooperative Luthor with his bare-hands or used heroes to do his dirty work before turning on him. Hell, he could just do what he did in Countdown and sic the Punisher on Luthor and the rest.
Luthor is far too smart to let it come down to a physical confrontation and I can see Fisk delivering some speech to the criminal element of Gotham about how there's a new boss in charge only for the Joker to blow his brains out with a comically over-sized revolver and laugh and invite the other Batman rouges to get some Chinese takeout courtesy of Fisk's fat wallet. Seriously there's a reason Lex Luthor always makes sure to monitor the Joker. Kingpin's major asset is that he's the only person like him in the Marvel Universe, he has no real major competition in terms of organized crime and he usually doesn't associate with supervillains like Dr. Doom.
I think you also have to account for stuff like Intergang and the Secret Six, little variables that could ruin all of Fisk's best laid plans. The DCU is a dangerous place when it comes to bad guys, either you work in teams or you have enough individual power to strike out on your own. I can't see Fisk making much gains in Gotham's already intensely crowded Underworld though he may have some success in Metropolis so long as he flies under Luthor's radar and keeps his operation small. Come to think of it Bludhaven would be perfect for Fisk.

godking
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Luthor is far too smart to let it come down to a physical confrontation and I can see Fisk delivering some speech to the criminal element of Gotham about how there's a new boss in charge only for the Joker to blow his brains out with a comically over-sized revolver and laugh and invite the other Batman rouges to get some Chinese takeout courtesy of Fisk's fat wallet. Seriously there's a reason Lex Luthor always makes sure to monitor the Joker. Kingpin's major asset is that he's the only person like him in the Marvel Universe, he has no real major competition in terms of organized crime and he usually doesn't associate with supervillains like Dr. Doom.
I think you also have to account for stuff like Intergang and the Secret Six, little variables that could ruin all of Fisk's best laid plans. The DCU is a dangerous place when it comes to bad guys, either you work in teams or you have enough individual power to strike out on your own. I can't see Fisk making much gains in Gotham's already intensely crowded Underworld though he may have some success in Metropolis so long as he flies under Luthor's radar and keeps his operation small. Come to think of it Bludhaven would be perfect for Fisk. You underestimate Kingpin.

Kingpin has outsmarted/manipulated guys on Luthors and Wayne's level for years.

Even when he was down on his luck and in jail he was still able to manipulate Tony Stark into doing his work for him.

as has been said before Kingpin at his peak was perhaps the most influential person on the planet and this was done with brains alone.

In the DCU he would probably hire the secret six to work for him and would manipulate wayne and luthor into destroying each other.

Darth Jello
I imagine that there would be no pow-wow as you described per se and the his first move would be sending Typhoid out to pay Joker a visit. Not much the clown can do if she can just will him to burn.

In terms of pure force and assassination capability, let's go down the operatives that have worked for Fisk or his organization or have been manipulated into doing so-

Bullseye
Typhoid Mary
Bushwacker
Ammo
Bullet
Tombstone
Boomerang
Nuke
Echo
Elektra
Deadpool
Daredevil
The Punisher
The Owl
Eric Slaughter and his gang
The Wild Boys
The Chaste

That's pretty impressive.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by godking
You underestimate Kingpin.

Even when he was down on his luck and in jail he was still able to manipulate Tony Stark into doing his work for him.

as has been said before Kingpin at his peak was perhaps the most influential person on the planet and this was done with brains alone.

In the DCU he would probably hire the secret six to work for him and would manipulate wayne and luthor into destroying each other.
Honestly Luthor and Wayne already hate each other that's not much of an accomplishment.
Don't forget that Luthor managed to become President and got himself off the hook even after everyone knew he murdered hundreds of people in cold blood during 52. And Batman is Batman. Kingpin would just be another villain in the DCU for Superman to worry about but he's not going to immediately take over like you seem to think. Look at Alexander Luthor Jr. and what happened to him when he tried to mess with the status quo and with Lex Luthor.

WickedDynamite
You underestimate Kingpin.

Agreed on Tony Stark....now in the DCU...Kingpin would be wise to side with Intergang first than trying to compete with Lex Corp.

godking
Honestly Luthor and Wayne already hate each other that's not much of an accomplishment.
Don't forget that Luthor managed to become President and got himself off the hook even after everyone knew he murdered hundreds of people in cold blood during 52. And Batman is Batman. Kingpin would just be another villain in the DCU for Superman to worry about but he's not going to immediately take over like you seem to think. Look at Alexander Luthor Jr. and what happened to him when he tried to mess with the status quo and with Lex Luthor. Kingpin would manipulate others to do his work for him as he has done for years.

I can see Kingpin manipulating batman/superman into taking down Luthor then making them indebted to him and then slowly buy up wayne corp through his legal enterprises.

Omega Vision
Kingpin would manipulate others to do his work for him as he has done for years.

I can see Kingpin manipulating batman/superman into taking down Luthor then making them indebted to him and then slowly buy up wayne corp through his legal enterprises.
I can see him telling Batman his plan (because he thinks it won't matter and that he has Batman at his mercy) unaware that he's talking to the man he's trying to screw over. It will be funny to watch him getting financially shut down. Besides if he really is that much of a threat I can see Luthor and Wayne teaming up to shut down his enterprises. IMO Luthor's connections > KP's connections.

godking
I can see him telling Batman his plan (because he thinks it won't matter and that he has Batman at his mercy) unaware that he's talking to the man he's trying to screw over. It will be funny to watch him getting financially shut down. Besides if he really is that much of a threat I can see Luthor and Wayne teaming up to shut down his enterprises. IMO Luthor's connections > KP's connections. Or he manipulates batman into taking down his rivals like he did to daredevil and steers Luthor into a collision course with Superman while pretending to be his ally.

Darth Jello
and then crushes Wayne's head in some way. Should this really be in the vs. forum or does this belong in the comic books discussion forum.

Omega Vision
Or he manipulates batman into taking down his rivals like he did to daredevil and steers Luthor into a collision course with Superman while pretending to be his ally.
Yeah because manipulating Dare Devil and manipulating the Goddamn Batman is the same thing. You're severely underestimating Bruce and Lex here. Hell even manipulating Tony Stark isn't nearly the same thing as manipulating Batman, Batman is to basic cleverness and planning what Reed Richards is to Deus Ex Machina Engineering. The best Fisk can hope for if he tries taking on the DCU's two most powerful corporations and two most brilliant men is that he manages to avoid getting killed. All Lex has to do is hire Deathstroke and Fisk is dead.

Badabing
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Who would Kingpin try to sabotage by means of Industrial Espionage?

Lex Corp

Or

Wayne Industries

Would he dare attack both? Fisk could try but would be crushed by Bruce or Lex.

Darth Jello
Oh, I see a Deathstroke vs. Bullseye or Typhoid thread coming.

Omega Vision
Perhaps, I think the logical conclusion would be that if Bullseye fails to drop DS before Slade can get within a few meters then Bullseye is a dead man. Besides Kingpin doesn't have Bullseye (most likely, I'm not the OP so I can't be sure) in this scenario.

Darth Jello
Taking Bullseye's costume and agility into account, you're saying that Wilson can somehow penetrate kevlar and adamantium?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Taking Bullseye's costume and agility into account, you're saying that Wilson can somehow penetrate kevlar and adamantium?
Is he entirely covered by it? Because I'm sure Wilson can penetrate Kevlar. Adamantium is a no but there's nothing to stop him from just strangling BE

Darth Jello
Bulls' costume is entirely lined with Kevlar. All the bones in his body other than his ribs and certain bones in his legs (probably his femurs) are bonded with adamantium. Plus, as described in his respect thread, Lester has an annoying habit of surviving and quickly recovering from very serious injuries like multiple gunshot wounds and being impaled in the chest by a hood ornament he'd tossed like a boomerang.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.