The ODST squad dropped into Fallout 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
How would they fare?

Cyner
I think they would do ok until they meet deathclaws or albino radscorpions.

Mandrag Ganon
I think they could hold their own, unless they are teamed up on by 2 Super Mutant Behemoths.

NemeBro
Mayor Macready solos.

SpadeKing
I'm once again going with the fact that a guy who lived in a vault for all his life came out and handled this place pretty nicely so a highly trained militant group should do just as well if not better.

NemeBro
Is this before Rockopolis fell?

If so, they will find out there is in fact nothing funny abou the EAGLE CLAW!!!

EvilAngel
Originally posted by SpadeKing
I'm once again going with the fact that a guy who lived in a vault for all his life came out and handled this place pretty nicely so a highly trained militant group should do just as well if not better.

Like the brotherhood of steel. They can't do some of the things that the Lone Wanderer does so that's kind of fallacious logic if you ask me.

They ought to fair fairly well, but there are plenty of things that could take them down.

SpadeKing
but they're not the brother hood of steel, I'm sure each of them can learn how to use that armour as well. ermm

NemeBro
You need training to, it is apparently pretty hard. erm

SpadeKing
They are ODST they can handle it, I'm sure, how long did the training take the wonderer anyway?

NemeBro
Not long, which makes the Wanderer a ****ing genius considering Brotherhood of Steel training takes years. erm

SpadeKing
his dad is a doctor & they obviously have nothing fun to do in a vault full of roaches that only Shaquill O'Neal could stomp on

NemeBro
Well I would like to think the Lone Wanderer was at least tapping Amata.

EvilAngel
They are ODST they can handle it, I'm sure, how long did the training take the wonderer anyway?

Assumptions ftw.

Ever supposing they have the armour, so what? You see lots of Brotherhood members KIA. That and they are dropped on the world, which means to get the power armour their have to befriend the brotherhood. Even supposing they scavenge armour they won't know how to wear it until taught.

IMO they can survive up until they come across the Enclave, then they die.

NemeBro
Shit I think they are killed by the Super Mutants...Those things can actually tear a Brotherhood of Steel member out of their armor.

SpadeKing
isn't this whole game versus forum based on assumptions no expression

EvilAngel
isn't this whole game versus forum based on assumptions no expression

I'd prefer to word it; It's full of people assuming things based on reletive feats and comparitives.

Saying they can learn to wear power armour easily/quickly because the Lone Wanderer can is just.... assumputious. There's no logical reasoning behind that.

Maybe they are, but since they are trained soldiers i'd rate them as i would veteran BoS. They wouldn't likely die to anything less than a large groups of Super mutants, those giant super mutants, or the Enclave.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by NemeBro
Shit I think they are killed by the Super Mutants...Those things can actually tear a Brotherhood of Steel member out of their armor.

I wonder how the super mutant would fair against a brute in H2H hmm

Originally posted by EvilAngel
I'd prefer to word it; It's full of people assuming things based on reletive feats and comparitives.

Saying they can learn to wear power armour easily/quickly because the Lone Wanderer can is just.... assumputious. There's no logical reasoning behind that.

Maybe they are, but since they are trained soldiers i'd rate them as i would veteran BoS. They wouldn't likely die to anything less than a large groups of Super mutants, those giant super mutants, or the Enclave.

I believe the behemoths would be huge problem if they don't have good positions & weapons.

NemeBro
I wonder how the super mutant would fair against a brute in H2H hmm Super Mutant physical strength is only alluded to, we do know they can easily tear through Power Armor with their bare hands, which can take 2,500 joules of kinetic energy/force without being damage (Not sure exactly how strong that is).

EvilAngel
Super Mutant physical strength is only alluded to, we do know they can easily tear through Power Armor with their bare hands, which can take 2,500 joules of kinetic energy/force without being damage (Not sure exactly how strong that is).

Mmmm, basically a gun would hit on area for about 9k joules. But that' because it's small.

In theory the armour would be very strong against something that hit a large part of it over a small part, due to penetration factor, i.e why the tips of the bulelts have an edge.

If we're guessing for examples sake a Mutant ripped his arm off with the suit working then you're talking about allot of pressure, i'd guess at around 7-8 times stronger than a normal person.

If he literally thore through the armour probably allot stronger still.

NemeBro
They can apparently tear a man out of the suit of armor, as in pulling the person's body out.

EvilAngel
that would either be undressing them (unremarkable feat obiously), or breaking the armou open (how strong would you have to be to tear apart that kind of metal?)

Since i don't recalling reading or being told exactly how the suit is fitted.

NemeBro
I should have phrased this differently.

According to this one scribe, they were pulled "straight through their armor."

Hewhoknowsall
I think they'd fare very well...

Cyner
Mayor Macready solos.
I lol'd

I really think a deathclaw would wipe the team though.

wammamram
if the fallout guy can bearly survive all that, i'm sure the odst sqaud would destory everything that threatean their power and take over the whole state

Darkstorm Zero
I should have phrased this differently.

According to this one scribe, they were pulled "straight through their armor."

That would be Scribe Bowditch, He does say that he thinks the super mutants vew his armoured bretheren as "a canned meal."

The Wanderer's feats are all player controlled anyway. But for the sake of argument, the standard T-4x model power armours you see on the BoS and Outcasts are invariably bullet resistant and can even handle to limited effect grenade and mine blasts (Missiles and energy weapons tear them up still), to say nothing of the T-51b models or any of the Enclave armours, both are considerably more advanced than the T-4x.

However, standard Super Mutant grunts and Brutes are, as said, capable of tearing a well trained human in at least T-4x grade armour in half, and can rip said person out of the suit. When we start getting into the later mutations such as the Masters, Overlords, and Beheoths, Well, Overlords can tank .44 Mag rounds to the face at least once on a critical V.A.T.S hit. And the first Behemoth you fight in the main story mission "Following His Footsteps" easily rips through 2 busses simultaneously, withstanding their dual nuclear explosions, then withstands 4 BoS Paladins with Assault Rifles, Sarah with a Laser Rifle, Vargas with a Laser Rifle and Gunney with a Sniper Rifle at your very best odds. It takes about 2 to 3 critical shots from a "Firelance" Alien Blaster to down this guy if you jump in, but that weapon is FEARSOMELY overpowered...

Another 2 examples of Behemoth strength and durability is the one in the Capitol Building where a Behemoth can withstand at least 1 Fatman Nuke and still smash aside Talon Company Mercs with frightening ease, and the 2nd is the unarmed and unarmoured Behemoth captured in Evergreen Mills, if you set him free, he can EASILY clear out the entire compound exterior by himself of several dozen Raiders armed with full auto weaponry, decapitating and rending limbs with single punches.

Ms.Marvel
i can kill most of the enemies in the game with a baseball bat. sad

Darkstorm Zero
Console commands such as "TGM" don't count. More often than not, taking on a Behemoth with nothing but a Baseball bat, even the Excalibat, is going to get you very dead very quickly.

Ms.Marvel
thats cause you gotta be 1337 131

Ms.Marvel
that supposed to be an edit.

Ms.Marvel
no more kmc+booze for me laughing out loud

ScreamPaste
1336? Nice work.

Ms.Marvel
shut up laughing out loud

Darkstorm Zero
Ramp up the difficulty... noobie! :lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.