Super Durability vs Super Regeneretion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SoulDevourer
alrite so same as the other topic cept here u gotta choose :

#1 super durabilty : your skins super hard & your allmost invulnerable to physical & energy attacks (lets say like Supreme Hyperion) BUT if u *somehow* get damaged u don't heal faster then normal RL human

#1 super regen : your skins no harder then human skin & your no more resistent to physical & energy attacks then any RL human BUT u got good healin factor so when u get hurt u heal waaay faster (say like Hulk)

I say its more dificult choice but id still go 4 durablity smokin'

Spire
Durability. Easy.

Omega Vision
Regeneration may work well but given the choice between an indestructable arm and one that will regrow if it gets chopped off I'll choose the first one because that means I don't have to experience the pain of having an arm chopped off.

Starscream M
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
alrite so same as the other topic cept here u gotta choose :

#1 super durabilty : your skins super hard & your allmost invulnerable to physical & energy attacks (lets say like Supreme Hyperion) BUT if u *somehow* get damaged u don't heal faster then normal RL human

#1 super regen : your skins no harder then human skin & your no more resistent to physical & energy attacks then any RL human BUT u got good healin factor so when u get hurt u heal waaay faster (say like Hulk)

I say its more dificult choice but id still go 4 durablity smokin' under your scenarios, durability wins hands down

in comics, most folks who have super healing also have some enhanced durability (ie Hulk, wolverine having adamantium, etc).

psycho gundam
super healing also gives you an extended life span (apparently lacking telomeres) by an unknown factor, possibly immortality (banner in hulk state).

a huge benefit is the possibility to adapt/evolve to future environmental changes in millennia to come, super durability might stunt cell reproduction and natural adaptation.

SoulDevourer
btw when I say Hulks HF i ment Hulk rilly pissed (like when he regenarate from a skeleton in few seconds)

Omega Vision
Still as it stands comparable durability is better because it means less pain you have to suffer. Regenerating from a skeleton would hurt like crazy.

Starscream M
btw when I say Hulks HF i ment Hulk rilly pissed (like when he regenarate from a skeleton in few seconds) oh, in that case I'd take the HF.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Starscream M
oh, in that case I'd take the HF. id still choose durablity

think about it, if your that durable then your unlikely to need HF stick out tongue

SoulDevourer
or what about Shaggymans HF

say u have to choose between Shaggymans HF and Captain Marvels durablity (Billy, DC)

Knowsbleed33
I'd rather not take damage in the first place instead of taking damage and then having to heal it.

Starscream M
id still choose durablity

think about it, if your that durable then your unlikely to need HF stick out tongue yeah but think of other advantages of having such a great hf

ie, you would never get sick, no worry of AIDs, cancer, etc.

you might live far longer.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
I'd rather not take damage in the first place instead of taking damage and then having to heal it. until you encounter something you can't heal from and you're left with it for the rest of your life.

Colossus-Big C
but a super durable person can be harmed by poison :P

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Starscream M
yeah but think of other advantages of having such a great hf

ie, you would never get sick, no worry of AIDs, cancer, etc.

you might live far longer. mmf u gotta point especialy the disease part (not sure long lifespan is so good thing). with a very good HF u dont even have to breathe either i guess

guess super durablity is way more IMPRESSIVE (bullets bouncin on u looks better than if they go thru u and u heal the next second big grin)
but yeah both have their advantages & disavantages

Knowsbleed33
In comics, characters with high durability are usually portrayed as being to poison and disease. Are we talking about the kind of durability where the character can take hits, bombs, bullets and what not, but nothing else?

psycho gundam
with super healing, it would be imad easy to get super strong, once your muscle fibers micro tear and shit, they grow back imminently. super durable people would be stuck at whatever strength level they are at once they received their powers.

Knowsbleed33
I prefer the idea of being able to shrug off pretty much anything.

Kris Blaze
I can't handle pain.

Durability it is.

psycho gundam
I prefer the idea of being able to shrug off pretty much anything. what if you like ...develop cancer? good luck getting operated on.

SuperiorTech
Regeneration has it's negatives say like being captured and tortured for a couple of years while you constantly regenerate.

Knowsbleed33
Durability has its draw-backs as well, like not being able to feel anything.

That issue of Sensational Spidey comes to mind where Rhino was going out of his mind because he couldn't feel anything.

Colossus-Big C
if you are superdurable. how will you get swine flu shots?

SoulDevourer
In comics, characters with high durability are usually portrayed as being to poison and disease. Are we talking about the kind of durability where the character can take hits, bombs, bullets and what not, but nothing else? yeah only these attacks (blades bullets bombs...)
but radiation counts as "energy attack" so here durablity means against radiation also smile

btw if their resistent to poison & disaese its because they also have HF, right? (like Supe or Juggernaut)

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by psycho gundam
with super healing, it would be imad easy to get super strong, once your muscle fibers micro tear and shit, they grow back imminently. super durable people would be stuck at whatever strength level they are at once they received their powers. nope here its only HF, nothin else (wolvie & deadpool dont get stronger evry time they heal do they? wink)

Knowsbleed33
Not in Juggernauts case, that's why I asked. His invulnerability includes immunity to disease and poison.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Regeneration has it's negatives say like being captured and tortured for a couple of years while you constantly regenerate. pffftt. "captured"

amateur roll eyes (sarcastic)

but yeah, you have a point, though it goes both ways, the same people could dunk your head under water till you drown to death, a more common torture method.

SoulDevourer
Not in Juggernauts case, that's why I asked. His invulnerability includes immunity to disease and poison. aint it because of his HF? (hes got both durablity AND HF)

Knowsbleed33
Nah, the HF is only there if someone CAN damage him. It's very rarely ever been portrayed on panel.

SoulDevourer
but we dunno what happens if he inhale poison...maybe it damage him & he just heals intantly
or maybe its magic protection against this kinda stuff, on top of his HF & durablity

any rate it dont count here

Knowsbleed33
His bio says he's immune to that stuff which suggests it can't even affect him in the first place.

Kris Blaze
With a healing factor, a bullet to the head could still kill you right away.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
With a healing factor, a bullet to the head could still kill you right away. not if very good HF cool (eg. Shaggyman)

Knowsbleed33
Shaggy Man isn't a real person though.

psycho gundam
With a healing factor, a bullet to the head could still kill you right away. not when there are innumerable people alive today that have had the same thing happen to them.

Kris Blaze
not when there are innumerable people alive today that have had the same thing happen to them.

The number of people who have instantly died from a shot to the head versus the number of people who have survived it.

Go!

SoulDevourer
Shaggy Man isn't a real person though. so what, it dont have to be human

here imagine if u CAN choose to have his HF

same goes for durablity

say u can choose betwen Ultrons durablity (more durable then Supe, but your still human so u can get sick & all that) and Shaggymans HF

Knowsbleed33
Obviously the HF because you're handicapping the durability. As i said in a previous post, characters with high durability are usually portrayed as being immune to sickness and what not.

Besides, it's pretty easy to avoid getting sick or catching a disease if you're conciously trying to.

batdude123
facepalm

Doctor-Alvis
what if you like ...develop cancer? good luck getting operated on.
I don't think a healing factor would help cancer any either.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis

Actually, I think it would help a great deal.

Starscream M
Actually, I think it would help a great deal. at the very least, it would enable you to take massive (and otherwise deadly) chemo and radiation to kill the cancer and still recover

Doctor-Alvis
If your cells are malfunctioning like that I think the healing factor would let it grow much faster.

Kris Blaze
If your cells are malfunctioning like that I think the healing factor would let it grow much faster.

The healing factor might also simply resist the treatment.

But this is of course if it's possible for someone with an insane healing factor to get cancer in the first place.

Knowsbleed33
yeah, with high HF I don't think you'd get cancer in the first place.

psycho gundam
I don't think a healing factor would help cancer any either. true, it does depend on the type of cancer. i'm just not sure if you could even develop the affliction in the first place. also, you may be able to cope with it since certain cancers damage cells, but you'd be regen'ing them to compensate, plus your anti-bodies will be full force always.

and you might live to see the cure, your cells might even be the foundation for that cure.

SoulDevourer
Deadpool has cancer but weird thing is he shoudnt have it huh (if he had real healing it woud destroy all the cancer cells too)

psycho gundam
the process that grafted wolverine's healing factor bonded with his already present cancer, thereby pretty much doubling it's strength since cancer cells have unlimited reproduction abilities (dna lacking telomeres). his cancer is permanent since it's his power also.

Doctor-Alvis
That's comic book cancer.

I'm only a doctor of love, but based on my almost zero cancer research, aren't some cancers based on some cells just goin' "****, let's just do this now?" and causing trouble? It's not like a foreign body or something.

SoulDevourer
yeah but cancer cells still a foreign thng (that why imune system reacts to it)

Omega Vision
If anything it would make the Cancer grow faster.

psycho gundam
some cancers are foreign, and some are embedded (malignant tumor vs femur bone cancer etc)

Placidity
Healing Factor for sure.

If it was a fight and I had to win or something, bring on Durability. But in real life, Healing Factor has waaay more benefits.

Parmaniac
most forms of cancer are triggered through Mutagenic "stuff" like radiation, high temperatures or chemicals (maye I forgot somethin but you should get the point) so by that your HF would directly jump in and correct the damage on your DNA that this "stuff" inflicts, so YES it would protect you from cancer.

Lostedge
Often durability comes with strength when normally people with renegeration are weaker (exception hulk, who has both)

rotiart
Deadpools hf is made for his cancer... For whatever reason the hf creates cells destroyed by cancer... When the skrulls copied deadpools powers they didn't account for his cancer... The skrylls began overproducing cells and had malformed bodies as a result.

DarkOdin
Healing factor all the way in the "real world" it would give you super strength/durability anyways.

When you work out with free weights, you tear muscle and it regrows making the muscle bigger and stronger the healing factor would be great here.

The same goes for running = equal to super speed.

Lifting weights also makes the bones denser and muscle so durability would come from it.

never get sick

Live a long ass time

nicamarvin
I will take High Durability any day.... smokin'

lets put it this way if the LT transport you to a star just befor it goes SuperNova and he gives you 2 options, to be Hulk(HF) or Juggernaut(Durability)? which will you chose?.............. stick out tongue

DarkOdin
Originally posted by nicamarvin
I will take High Durability any day.... smokin'

lets put it this way if the LT transport you to a star just befor it goes SuperNova and he gives you 2 options, to be Hulk(HF) or Juggernaut(Durability)? which will you chose?.............. stick out tongue Someone didn't read the OP's set-up you would die in space as you can't breath with either one

nicamarvin
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Someone didn't read the OP's set-up you would die in space as you can't breath with either one I bet any of them can hold its breath(Juggs dosn't need to) for a few seconds....till the SuperNova explodes on their face.... smokin'

The Nuul
what if you like ...develop cancer? good luck getting operated on.

Good point...and well done......SHF for me hands down.

Tazer
Yo.

Healing factor all the way in the "real world" it would give you super strength/durability anyways.

When you work out with free weights, you tear muscle and it regrows making the muscle bigger and stronger the healing factor would be great here.

The same goes for running = equal to super speed.

Lifting weights also makes the bones denser and muscle so durability would come from it.

never get sick

Live a long ass time

I dont think Ud get spr-spd from having a great HF, as I cant think of any person who has gained a speed-boost PURELY due to having that and not some other *watever* going on in their physiology.

Tazer

rotiart
I thought that part of wolverines superior strength, durability, etc were atteibuted to his healing factor as it retards his need to rest... Etc

SoulDevourer
Someone didn't read the OP's set-up you would die in space as you can't breath with either one here with good HF u SHOUD be able to go without breathin

(btw Hulk pass out when he cant breathe, but wuz it ever state onpanel that it can kill him? huh )

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by rotiart
I thought that part of wolverines superior strength, durability, etc were atteibuted to his healing factor as it retards his need to rest... Etc IMO its due to his adamantum skeleton (he can train with heavier weigths without risk of breakin his bones)

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

I dont think Ud get spr-spd from having a great HF, as I cant think of any person who has gained a speed-boost PURELY due to having that and not some other *watever* going on in their physiology.

Tazer

not right away but you can train to be run faster and since your body would be able to handle non stop healing you should be able to reach some sort of insane speed not saying like flash or even quick silver but maybe faster then a cheetah or something like that

DarkOdin
IMO its due to his adamantum skeleton (he can train with heavier weigths without risk of breakin his bones) when weight train your bones get micro fractures which then heal and make the bone more dense/stronger.

This is why when you see a powerlifting our bodybuilder break a bone or ligament b/c of the weight they are lifting is the result of the muscle being to strong and the rest of the body bones/ligament tendon etc.. didn't have time to strengthen

rotiart
IMO its due to his adamantum skeleton (he can train with heavier weigths without risk of breakin his bones) Except the way I read his origins wolverine was plenty strong before ever having the adamantium put in him

Tazer
Yo.

not right away but you can train to be run faster and since your body would be able to handle non stop healing you should be able to reach some sort of insane speed not saying like flash or even quick silver but maybe faster then a cheetah or something like that

then U wouldnt be doing heavy weight lifting if U were trying to get faster, as thick muscle would actually slow ya up; look at olympic-class runners. these ppl arent heavy by ANY means, but more lean and/or wiry.

if U wanted to come close to a cheetah's top recorded speed, which is something like 6.1 secs for a 100m sprint, then U'd hafta train like them rather than bulking up........

Tazer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.