Super Speed vs Teleportation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SoulDevourer
k here we go again stick out tongue

pick ur choice

Superspeed : u can be fast like Silver surfer (but not his other powers so no phazing & all that)

Teleportation : u can teleport like Blink

Starscream M
Originally posted by SoulDevourer

Superspeed : u can be fast like Silver surfer (but not his other powers so no phazing & all that)
so I can fly or not?

can't you make it superman instead of Surfer's speed. Superman uses speed far better.

Knowsbleed33
Does super-speed also include combat speed?

psycho gundam
blink's teleportation for damn sure

Naija boy
Surfers speed.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Does super-speed also include combat speed? of cos smokin'

Originally posted by Starscream M
so I can fly or not?

can't you make it superman instead of Surfer's speed. Superman uses speed far better. no flyin!

u can pick Supe if u want, but Surfer is faster then Supe (SS dont use it becuz of PIS)

Starscream M
of cos smile

no flyin!

u can pick Supe if u want, but Surfer is faster then Supe (SS dont use it becuz of PIS) how is surfer faster than supes if you don't count flying?

Doctor-Alvis
Do you have some kind of physical adaptation for running fast?

Knowsbleed33
I'd take teleportation.

SoulDevourer
how is surfer faster than supes if you don't count flying? huh pretty sure SS can move/run faster, better reflex (without PIS) & all that

Starscream M
huh pretty sure SS can move/run faster, better reflex (without PIS) & all that I've actually never seen Surfer run at super speed, but I'll take your word for it.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Naija boy
Surfers speed. you can't breath in space, so you're relegated to earth only speed feats, AND you're durability isn't sufficient to protect you/the environment from harm.

far too many drawbacks with super speed, you need like 3 more powers just to cover the negatives up

Kris Blaze
Can we survive moving this fast?

Do we get our own bullshit force that takes care of any dangerous drawbacks?

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Do you have some kind of physical adaptation for running fast? sure smokin' all the tropes u need ^^

Naija boy
huh pretty sure SS can move/run faster, better reflex (without PIS) & all that

SS cant run faster than supes. He can fly faster though.

Starscream M
you know, too many issues to account for with superspeed

I'll take teleportation and save myself all the possible dangers of the speed

Starscream M
SS cant run faster than supes. He can fly faster though. thats what I thought. thing is, you can't fly in this scenario, so I don't see how surfer's speed is even useful.

Kris Blaze
sure smokin' all the tropes u need ^^

Then Super-speed me up, sir!

Naija boy
Originally posted by psycho gundam
you can't breath in space, so you're relegated to earth only speed feats, AND you're durability isn't sufficient to protect you/the environment from harm.

far too many drawbacks with super speed, you need like 3 more powers just to cover the negatives up

Oh i didnt really think of all that. Just assumed that with the speed we would get evrything needed to operate safely at that speed.

SoulDevourer
TBH i hesitate with this one

with super speed u can not only run fast but DO things rilly fast (read & learn quickly, finish any work u got & all that) but teleportation can get u outa trouble (if your locked somewhere like a bank vault or somethin)

maybe id pick teleportation but aint no easy choice

Doctor-Alvis
sure smokin' all the tropes u need ^^
I think I'll take speed then. I'd learn so much stuff.

Naija boy
thats what I thought. thing is, you can't fly in this scenario, so I don't see how surfer's speed is even useful.

What i assumed, is that u would be able to move/run as fast as surfer flies and reacts, as well as have his mental/processing speed

SoulDevourer
Just assumed that with the speed we would get evrything needed to operate safely at that speed. u do, but only the bear essentials so u can actualy use superspeed without gettin killed/hurt (flight aint one of them & not having to breath aint either)

Starscream M
u do, but only the bear essentials so u can actualy use superspeed without gettin killed/hurt (flight aint one of them & not having to breath aint either) well, is physics ignored?

if we actually run at the speed at which Surfer flies...we'd leave a trail of destruction

SoulDevourer
SS cant run faster than supes. He can fly faster though. u sure?

iirc he can even see things "faster" (like particle moving at FTL speed)...unless im mixin up with some1 else sad

otherwise lets make it SUPERMANS speed then smile (but no flight)

edit> can the mods edit fom Surfer to Superman plz?

Doctor-Alvis
well, is physics ignored?

if we actually run at the speed at which Surfer flies...we'd leave a trail of destruction
I'm not seeing a problem.

Slaanesh
i take Speed..i can finish whatever i'm doing faster than normal..teleportation can't really do much..

Naija boy
u sure?

iirc he can even see things "faster" (like particle moving at FTL speed)...unless im mixin up with some1 else sad

otherwise lets make it SUPERMANS speed then smile (but no flight)

edit> can the mods edit fom Surfer to Superman plz?

He can see/react/process and move at superspeeds whether on or off his board. Its just that in terms of actually "running" superman is certainly faster than he is.

psycho gundam
use quicksilver as an example, he was born with a body suited for high-speed locomotion (increased lubrication in his knees, air intake, friction resistance, super-human muscles/tissue, and a high speed brain to process anything at high speeds, he even developed a superiority complex cause the world and everyone in it were/dumb to him)

SoulDevourer
He can see/react/process and move at superspeeds whether on or off his board. Its just that in terms of actually "running" superman is certainly faster than he is. ok but the slow running is more like PIS right? (no PIS alowd on KMC! stick out tongue)
I mean if he can move faster then obvously he outa be able 2 run faster too...

Naija boy
ok but the slow running is more like PIS right? (no PIS alowd on KMC! stick out tongue)
I mean if he can move faster then obvously he outa be able 2 run faster too...

Well the slower running is more of an assumption based on him never actually needing to get off his board (perhaps the fastest means of transport in Marvel) and start running around. He does operate in space most of the time so there really is no were for him to run to.

SoulDevourer
Well the slower running is more of an assumption based on him never actually needing to get off his board (perhaps the fastest means of transport in Marvel) and start running around. He does operate in space most of the time so there really is no were for him to run to. ah there we go. so he COULD if he wanted to then, he just dont need to run fast big grin

psycho gundam
surfer's beyond running, just like he is punching.

Omega Vision
Super-speed because with it comes lots of other advantages as seen with the Flash. Plus I remember an instance when the Flash managed to beat a teleporter because he could run faster than the teleporter could teleport because the Flash ran faster than thought.

Wild Shadow
doesnt flash have to think b4 he can react? confused

can he outrun his own thought

Omega Vision
As a Speedster he thinks a lot faster than anyone else so yeah, kinda.

Doctor-Alvis
use quicksilver as an example, he was born with a body suited for high-speed locomotion (increased lubrication in his knees, air intake, friction resistance, super-human muscles/tissue, and a high speed brain to process anything at high speeds, he even developed a superiority complex cause the world and everyone in it were/dumb to him)
Hmm... I think I already have some of that. I wonder if the world can handle a more mobile version of it.

psycho gundam
heh.

i remember when he admited it when he was in dr. leonard samson's practice.

he solved a huge 1000 piece puzzle ( of a snail, which piotre broke the 4th wall with the look on his face when he saw it) before the 2 or so minute interview was over. he said he was extremely bored with the world and how slow everything moves around him, for instance he would have to wait for people his entire life since they couldn't keep up with him mentally or physically.

it's quite the torturous life if you ask me, it explains why he's always patronizing his teamates and shows lack of respect most of the time. (he's written pretty well, the dynamic is very interesting)

dmills
The thing with super speed is that your brain has to process info just as fast if not faster then you move. So basically from your perspective your moving at normal speed but everyrhing is in slo mo.

Doctor-Alvis
I have my own reasons with being bored with the world. I could see super speed either making it worse in the same way it screwed over Quicksilver or making it better by granting some kind of freedom.

psycho gundam
i guess.

QS's main problem was interacting with people in general, if his father wasn't magneto, and his wife an inhuman, he'd be better off running off to some remote island and live off the land away from everyone.

D_Dude1210
How much weight can I teleport around with me if I chose this power?

Mindship
Teleportation is an all-or-nothing affair: you either blink away or you don't, and it's your whole body involved, always.

Speed, however, is quite variable (from 0 mph to whatever; whole body or body part), therefore more adaptive and useful. Plus, you don't miss all the scenery in-between.

Superspeed for me.

(...awaiting the Superspeed vs Durability Thread shifty ... )

Placidity
Teleportation can take me places just having super speed (without flight) can't.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Placidity
Teleportation can take me places just having super speed (without flight) can't.

Exactly, I think I would choose TP cause you could enter places that are completely barricaded or TP in/on flying stuff

but I would prefer the typ of TP of the Spot (if it can be counted as TP) more than Night Crawlers

Raptor22
id take the speed. it seems more usefull on a daily basis. for example mowing the lawn. with tp i could get to the lawn mower in no time but its still gonna take an hour to mow. stuff like that.

-Pr-
Super-Speed. More applications imo.

rotiart
Well depending on the level.. Quicksilver vs blink tje edge is to blink... But not by much...

Blink vs superman level speed... Superman speed in a curbstomp

and btw most surfer feats are on his board. In surfer comcs and you'll be hard pressed to find him running fast... Iirc he had to shoot blasts from his hands to "fly" when he didn't have his board one issue

but if you meant speeds like what surfer is capable of on his board than omg speed easily

psycho gundam
teleportation hands down, super speed without the ability to perceive it (we don't get surfer's brain of other powers) = wall platter with the first attempt.

blink's teleportation is one, if not the best in that category, very little problems with it as apposed to nightcrawlers.

Mindship
teleportation hands down, super speed without the ability to perceive it (we don't get surfer's brain of other powers) = wall platter with the first attempt.

But with teleportation, don't you also need to see where you're "going"? Or am I limited to line of sight? If I teleport blindly to 10 miles away, how do I keep from ending up in that wall? If I teleport to a higher elevation, how do I deal with the gain in potential energy?

IMO, it comes down to this: primary abilities imply necessary secondary/support abilities, otherwise the primary ability is useless if not outright destructive. Superstrength, eg, needs some form of superdurability; superspeed needs inertial control or supersensory processing. With superpowers, one needs to have their cake and be able to eat it.

The Nuul
blink's teleportation for damn sure

thumb up

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Mindship
But with teleportation, don't you also need to see where you're "going"? Or am I limited to line of sight? If I teleport blindly to 10 miles away, how do I keep from ending up in that wall? If I teleport to a higher elevation, how do I deal with the gain in potential energy?

IMO, it comes down to this: primary abilities imply necessary secondary/support abilities, otherwise the primary ability is useless if not outright destructive. Superstrength, eg, needs some form of superdurability; superspeed needs inertial control or supersensory processing. With superpowers, one needs to have their cake and be able to eat it. that's nightcrawler's problem, not blink's.

back in the day when the vanisher debuted, his teleportation was really hard to beat cause he could just go into a bank vault (that he never laid eyes on), get the money, and get out. nightcrawler would have to have seen a picture or video of the interior of the vault to replicate it since he would have to know where to teleport to avoid rematerializing into an object he can't see, or the thick wall of the vault itself. nightcrawler also has the teleportation radius issue, slower teleportation (vanisher teleports in a tenth or hundredth of a second), and the conservation of momentum thing going on that neither blink or the vanisher have.

blink, vanisher, etc teleport psionically and they emerge out of danger subconsciously.

SoulDevourer
teleportation hands down, super speed without the ability to perceive it (we don't get surfer's brain of other powers) = wall platter with the first attempt. Originally posted by SoulDevourer
all the tropes u need ^^ that includes ability 2 persieve it smile

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Mindship

(...awaiting the Superspeed vs Durability Thread shifty ... ) nope the 2 aint related! (but u do it if u want stick out tongue)

psycho gundam
that includes ability 2 persieve it smile "trope" isn't the word though, how could i guess what you meant?

Wild Shadow
if u had superspeed butur body couldnt handle the stress whats the point. also you can be driven man with the enhanced neural firing in ur brain the world would be frozen to u from ur perspective.

i rather teleport in order to rob banks.

Placidity
"trope" isn't the word though, how could i guess what you meant?

By not trying to be smart and pick loop holes in the topic stick out tongue

Also, Super-endurance would be required if you wanted to use the speed like quicksilver or something.

Placidity
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
if u had superspeed butur body couldnt handle the stress whats the point. also you can be driven man with the enhanced neural firing in ur brain the world would be frozen to u from ur perspective.

i rather teleport in order to rob banks.

You could rob banks with super speed easily too. Not that you need to - with super speed everything becomes free.

Mindship
that's nightcrawler's problem, not blink's.

blink, vanisher, etc teleport psionically and they emerge out of danger subconsciously. I did some research on Blink(not being that familiar with her). Yeah, she seems like an ultimate teleporter. So maybe it would be most fair to match her with the Flash: the (more/less) ultimate speedster. In which case, I'd probably still pick superspeed over teleportation (for reasons already stated), though Blink's spin on telep is very interesting.

nope the 2 aint related! (but u do it if u want stick out tongue) No one ever responds to my threads. sad wink
(KMC version of "I got a rock"wink.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Placidity
You could rob banks with super speed easily too. Not that you need to - with super speed everything becomes free.

Almost every bank nowadays got time locks so with Super Speed you would have to wait though, not with TP stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.