Ideal Lanterns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
What characters do you think would fit well into the various Lantern Corps?
For instance I think Hulk would make a perfect Red Lantern (Red Hulk more so) and the Punisher might make a dandy Sinestro Corps member (minus his qualms about working with murderers like them)

xJLxKing
Superman can be the best Green, or Blue Lantern. I never seen someone have so much hope on people. His will has been stated to be the best, so that's a given

Hulk can be a good Red Lantern. Same goes for Logan

Lex a Orange Lantern

psycho gundam
ironman, reed, and doom green lanterns

Spire
Sentry Star Sapphire.

Digi
Originally posted by psycho gundam
ironman, reed, and doom green lanterns

Probably false, definitely false, and perhaps, though I see Doom being able to channel Orange more fully.

Omega Vision
If there was a Lantern Corps for Pride Lex Luthor would be their lantern avatar. But yeah he'd make a decent Orange. Batman could be a Green Lantern or a Sinestro Corps member (he's actually had both rings at one point or another), perhaps he could even have both at the same time.
Orion would also make a good Red Lantern, his motherbox may even help him keep his sentience. Darkseid could be Sinestro Corps, Orange Lantern, Red Lantern, and Green Lantern.

Doctor-Alvis
I remember in the last thread people agreed Spider-man and Thing would make good Green Lanterns because they had heart and refused to give up when they were being counted on. I don't know about Spidey though, he might have been retconned from that thread.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Digi
Probably false, definitely false, and perhaps, though I see Doom being able to channel Orange more fully. you don't think stark could harness the green lantern ring? and reed as well?

will + imagination (w/ understanding) = constructs.

Doctor-Alvis
Reed and Tony don't seem like guys with a million willpower stats.

Omega Vision
It takes more than that, you need to overcome great fear. I don't see a borderline alcoholic and a sissy like Reed being good Lanterns.

The Pict
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Superman can be the best Green, or Blue Lantern. I never seen someone have so much hope on people. His will has been stated to be the best, so that's a given

Hulk can be a good Red Lantern. Same goes for Logan

Lex a Orange Lantern

thumb up

psycho gundam
reed wielded the ultimate nullifier at twice, once scaring off galactus and in the later instance he rebuilt the universe from his memory of it. no expression come now.

the nullifier is a green lantern ring on steroids, venom, and sundipped.

stark is kinda iffy, but he can get accustomed to it, understanding power sources is his forte, not to mention the whole suit thing.

Slaanesh
SS..Indigo..i think SS have so much compassion..

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Slaanesh
SS..Indigo..i think SS have so much compassion.. a shitload

wile E. coyote + green ring

Doctor-Alvis
reed wielded the ultimate nullifier at twice, once scaring off galactus and in the later instance he rebuilt the universe from his memory of it. no expression come now.

the nullifier is a green lantern ring on steroids, venom, and sundipped.

stark is kinda iffy, but he can get accustomed to it, understanding power sources is his forte, not to mention the whole suit thing.
Where's the overcoming great fear?

Omega Vision
Superman could wield all the rings except for the orange and possibly yellow ring.

Bouboumaster
Surfer and Thanos the green one.
Doom the orange one.
Hulk, for sure, the red one.
Superman, the compassion one. and the blue.

jrodslam
Daredevil = Green
Cap = Green or Blue
Hulk = Indigo, Red (At times) or Violet (If men could be that)
Thanos = Yellow or Orange
Doom = Yellow or Orange
Namor = Blue or Green, Yellow (At one point), Violet (If men could be that)
Prof X = Blue

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Where's the overcoming great fear? you're kidding right?

bluffing galactus away from earth with a weapon you've never used before = overcoming breat fear

id369
Ok this is going to sound crazy, but Al Simons (Spawn). Should wield energy from any emotional spectrum.

Of the top of my mind.

Black Ring: He is a Hell Spawn…only he is trading out Mal for Nekron.
Sappier Ring: He became a hell spawn, to see the love of his life.
Green Ring: Mal and Mammon failed to break this man will.
Yellow Ring: He built his carrier in provoking/installing fear.
Red Ring: He was chosen to become top/elite Hell Spawn because of his skill and rage showcased in the battlefield.

Doctor-Alvis
you're kidding right?

bluffing galactus away from earth with a weapon you've never used before = overcoming breat fear
Maybe if you don't do it every day.

AsbestosFlaygon
Green: Superman
Red: Wolverine / Red Hulk
Orange: Thanos
Yellow: The Joker / Victor Zsasz
Violet: Alan Scott / Swamp Thing
Indigo: Dr. Voodoo? haermm

rotiart
I don't see reed having great will. Not. In the top listers anyways intelligence maybe...

As for hulk he seems too stupid to me to use constructs ...

I'd say Wendell Vaughn as th automatic green... But keeping it to keeplings
green-Xavier
blue- captain America
green goblin- red
kingpin orange
bullseye yellow
Jean grey - love... Seeing as she rewrote the universe fir Scott...
black- any marvel zombie...

D_Dude1210
Ultron = Green and Yellow

Mshinu
Green: Sage, Magneto, Kingpin, Apocalypse
Blue: Prof X, Cap
Yellow: Mr Sinister, Dr Doom
Orange: Fantomex
Red: Sabretooth, Juggernaut
Violet: Jean Grey
Indigo: Squirrel Girl
Black: Thanos, Mr X

D_Dude1210
I think Punisher can wear red, yellow and green. smile
Annihilus can wear orange and yellow

AsbestosFlaygon
Zoom with a Red ring would be pwnage

Omega Vision
That would be interesting to see if Thanos's love of death would allow him to wield a BL Ring while still alive.

The Nuul
Is there a level where the colors of a ring would just not power a character up at all or much.

Like SS with a ring , he shouldnt get a huge power up if any...

Omega Vision
It would be one more power source. Look at Superman, when he got a GL ring Waverider was worried that he might become the Monarch because of how much power he was shown to have thanks to the addition of the GL ring.
But yeah you have to wonder why a guy like Darkseid was never even offered a Sinestro Corps ring. Surely he's scary enough.

DarkOdin
Black ring= Odin

Red ring = hulk

Green= Captain America

Blue= Thing

yellow=Batman??

orange= Loki

Indigo??

Violet???

Parmaniac
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=518207

wink

Doomsday: Red
Amazo: Yellow
Superboy Prime: Yellow
Darkseid: Yellow

Spider-man: Green
Dr. Doom: Yellow
Thanos: Yellow

Digi
you don't think stark could harness the green lantern ring? and reed as well?

will + imagination (w/ understanding) = constructs.

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Reed and Tony don't seem like guys with a million willpower stats.

Reed in particular I can't see much from. Could he build insane stuff, sure. But his will is lacking. Heck, I'd take Thing with a GL ring over Reed with one.

Tony could harness the power, sure. But again, I don't see epic levels of will from him. Cap, Spidey, Thing, etc. seem leading candidates to me among Marvel's mainstream heroes.

AlmightyKfish
Doom would be a good Green Lantern as far as willpower goes. I mean, the Purple Man thing is a good example of his willpower, as well as the whole was abel to carry on his plan against the Beyonder whilst being vivisected, and recently, where he kept himself alive solely through his willpower after he was eaten by Megalodon.

-K-M-
Apparently Aquaman can be one

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Digi
Reed in particular I can't see much from. Could he build insane stuff, sure. But his will is lacking. Heck, I'd take Thing with a GL ring over Reed with one.

Tony could harness the power, sure. But again, I don't see epic levels of will from him. Cap, Spidey, Thing, etc. seem leading candidates to me among Marvel's mainstream heroes. i hope you guys aren't thinking stark would be peers of hal or something, kilowogg level, sure why not.

reed though, he would learn all there is to know about harnessing the ring, and through trial and error he'd figure out how to harness it very well.

the only will power roadblock i could see discouraging reed is that he'd figure out just how powerful the ring is after studying the shit out of it, and relinquish it.

-Pr-
i hope you guys aren't thinking stark would be peers of hal or something, kilowogg level, sure why not.

reed though, he would learn all there is to know about harnessing the ring, and through trial and error he'd figure out how to harness it very well.

the only will power roadblock i could see discouraging reed is that he'd figure out just how powerful the ring is after studying the shit out of it, and relinquish it.

what's wrong with Wog?

Parmaniac
judging from a recent Doom appereance he would be a good Red Lantern, it was said that his hatred kept him alive after being torn apart, besides that it's retarded how much more rage/hatred can you feel?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by -Pr-
what's wrong with Wog? nothing, that's the point.

rotiart
I see neither reed or stark having the willpower...
However I see the current wasp having more willpower as the resident genius... Overcoming his wides death... Dealing withhis personality issues I think makes the best willpower type genius in marvel beyond say doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.