Star Wars universe vs Transformers universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
Any omnipotents/near omnipotents, if any, are not allowed.

Hewhoknowsall
hello?

Nephthys
Sun crusher = SW wins.

At least as far as I know, no transformer can withstand a supernova. To tell the truth one SSD could probably rape pretty much all TFer's in space and jedi could probably take them in CQC, so yeah.

Ownage.

Scythe
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
hello?

Hi.

Sadako of Girth
Unicron, unopposed by the Matrix, solos.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Unicron, unopposed by the Matrix, solos.

Any omnipotents/near omnipotents, if any, are not allowed.

Nephthys
Unicron sucks balls. The galaxy gun (Death Star +10) would own teh shit outta him.

Sadako of Girth

Well....that kinda rules out force users then, I guess.......Ho hum.

Hewhoknowsall
Well....that kinda rules out force users then, I guess.......Ho hum.

1. Force users are NOT omnipotent/near omnipotent. Not even close to it.

2. Contrary to what a lot of people who don't know much about SW think, their most powerful/important factors are NOT the jedi/sith when it comes to a war, but their fleets, technology and such.

Scythe
Are we using everyone in the SW and TF universe. Like, for example, even those in the Alternity Universe, they're transformers too, they're just beasts.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Nephthys
Sun crusher = SW wins.

At least as far as I know, no transformer can withstand a supernova. To tell the truth one SSD could probably rape pretty much all TFer's in space and jedi could probably take them in CQC, so yeah.

Ownage.

There was a thread similar to this before.

mind tricks and other force powers (to my knowledge) wont work on robotic beings. therefore the TFs have a huge advantage in surprise and stealth (as well they should).

Decepticons send their best infiltrators into the Empire (soundwave, reflector, etc.). They quickly discern the power structure and assess the strengths and weaknesses of the Star Wars characters.

They orchestrate events such that the most threatening organic being of all (the Emperor) is inadvertently made to board an imperial shuttle, when he is in fact boarding a decepticon. The decepticons decapitate the empire and after that, hacking into their systems they quickly control the death star, ship yards, the sun crusher, and whatever else. In fact the Transformers already have the leg up on tech...they have a much more compact weapon that can cause the same thing to occur as the sun crusher (cause supernovas).

As for the Jedi taking the Transformers in close quarters combat....please. How many years did it take the republic to contain and defeat the mandalorians, whose tech is wildly inferior to anything in the transformers universe?

there is no piece of field military equipment or formation that the republic nor the empire can use against the likes of trypticon or metroplex, who would just erase entire armies in seconds, transform to fly off to the next planet, and repeat.

All the plot device jedis/siths like exar kun and the rest would all be swiftly identified by decepticon/autobot intelligence and removed by stealth, deception, and guile.

No one in the star wars universe would ever imagine in their wildest dreams that the very vehicles they relentlessly manufacture and throw into huge war efforts would ever actually be sentient and used against them with extreme prejudice, nor would they ever imagine their force powers fail to alert them to the presence of an advanced alien race plotting their destruction. this even happened already with the yuuzhan vong...the force failed to detect them and the result: the entire new republic totally destroyed.

Transformers for the convincing win.

Hewhoknowsall
It's both funny and annoying (NOT directed at you, just in general) that a lot of people in vs. threads involving SW ignore their technology and just focus on Jedi and such.

Anyway, how advanced is the Transformers' space travel? This would play a huge role.

jayce78
hello?

Well . . . . Hello Mr. Man.

Darkstorm Zero
It's both funny and annoying (NOT directed at you, just in general) that a lot of people in vs. threads involving SW ignore their technology and just focus on Jedi and such.

Anyway, how advanced is the Transformers' space travel? This would play a huge role.

Even early G1 tech had transwarp travel (A mobile rendition of Spacebridge tech without the need for anchors), which beats the ever living snot out of Hyperdrive speeds by at least 2 orders of magnitude.

Some cybertronians even have this tech incorporated into their alt modes, ala Omega Supreme, Skylinx, Astrotrain, Scorpinok, Fortress Maximus, Trypticon... ect... Esentially any large Cybertronian of any clear size and space faring capability would have it installed.

lyb42
Are we assuming there will be no conflict except SWU vs TFU? Of the four major factions involved, I can't see the Decepticons siding with Autobots to do battle with a combined Jedi-Sith grouping for any reason whatsoever. It's much more likely that, as was noted, the Decepticons would infiltrate the Empire and either take it over or (at least) align themselves with the Emperor. The Autobots, meanwhile, are bound to run across a Jedi somewhere and, true to form, reveal their secret and their mission, make friends, and set about the task of protecting and serving. There are enough advantages and disadvantages on both sides to drag the fight out into a full-blown franchise...

Somewhere in there, they'd need to work in some way to get R2 and Megatron together under circumstances where Megatron won't transform the little droid into a scorch mark. R2-D2 pissing off Megatron could make for highly entertaining dialog.

Gojira
The Kwa solos this with the Infinity Gate.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by lyb42
Are we assuming there will be no conflict except SWU vs TFU? Of the four major factions involved, I can't see the Decepticons siding with Autobots to do battle with a combined Jedi-Sith grouping for any reason whatsoever. It's much more likely that, as was noted, the Decepticons would infiltrate the Empire and either take it over or (at least) align themselves with the Emperor. The Autobots, meanwhile, are bound to run across a Jedi somewhere and, true to form, reveal their secret and their mission, make friends, and set about the task of protecting and serving. There are enough advantages and disadvantages on both sides to drag the fight out into a full-blown franchise...

This is probably the most likely scenario if the crossover where to ever occur.

However, in a purely vs debate terms, I would actually give the win to the cybertronians more often than not, their tech is way more advanced, their mobility is far superior, and they are millions of years exterienced in warfare, including against other advanced species.

KingD19
Every Gestalt, Tryptocon, Fortress Maximus, Omega Supreme, the Fallen, etc....

Transformers take this.

Elok Quintly
The Cybertronians are mostly confined to a select few systems in most continuities, while the governments of Star Wars control an entire galaxy's worth of resources.

Hewhoknowsall
To be honest, aren't the Transformers horribly outnumbered? I mean, the Empire alone had 25,000 star destroyers.

Elok Quintly
And shouldn't we specify which era/continuity is representing the Transformers? Unlike Star Wars, Transformers is spread out into various disparate universes. Even if we were going by G1, we'd have to decide whether or not we were using comic or cartoon continuity, or whether or not the era is during the Great War or the Pax Cybertronia.

ADarksideJedi
Star wars!Transformers suck!

Hewhoknowsall
To be honest, aren't the Transformers horribly outnumbered? I mean, the Empire alone had 25,000 star destroyers.

Sadako of Girth
Cybertron and its colonies have millions of transformers of all shapes and sizes that can transform into sentient war machines that out perform operator-ran vehicles at every turn.
Fortress Maximus, Omega Supreme, Metroplex, Devastator, Trypticon, Scorponok backed by loads of gestalts would be devastating.

And since Unicron isn't really omnipotent, an included Unicron would just seal their fate that bit more..

Robtard
Considering the Empire was toppled by a rag-tag group of rebels, a lone Jedi, his sister, a Wookie and a charming scoundrel, I'd say the Transformer's universe has the edge.

/scan; Transformers have their own Stardestroyers etc.

Also, isn't Unicron massive-planet sized, as he eats moons, planets and suns, while the Deathstar (which was destroyed by one hit) is the size of a "small moon"?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Robtard
Considering the Empire was toppled by a rag-tag group of rebels, a lone Jedi, his sister, a Wookie and a charming scoundrel, I'd say the Transformer's universe has the edge.

/scan; Transformers have their own Stardestroyers etc.

Also, isn't Unicron massive-planet sized, as he eats moons, planets and suns, while the Deathstar (which was destroyed by one hit) is the size of a "small moon"?

Although I'm not saying that SW necessarily wins, this isn't all true.

It wasn't a "rag-tag group of rebels"; the Rebel Alliance was not a joke. It was a well organized and powerful guerrilla force.

The Death Star is nowhere near to being the most powerful superweapon that SW has. For example; the sun crusher can make a sun go nova and is virtually immune to all known forms of SW weaponry.

RE: Blaxican
Unicron being the size of a planet actually makes things worse for him, as the Death Star specializes in destroying planet sized objects.

As for the Rebels, and the Empire, the Empire lost because once Palpatine died the Moffs left over all began fighting amongst each other, decimating their own fleets. It wasn't the Rebellion who was solely responsible for their loss, and the Rebels didn't beat them conventionally either (in fact if you ignore the "henchmen vs. main characters syndrome, it's stated that the Empire was more then a match for any Rebel attacks the majority of the time).

As for numbers, Shadowspawn's forces consisted of barely a percentage of the Empire's total manpower, and he was stated to have "thousands" of fighters under his command..

Nephthys
Naga Sadow solos. Supernova's and infinate troops ftw. Even then Starwars has enough superweapons and Force users to annihilate TFverse. Galaxy Gun, Palpatine, StarForge (unlimited ships), Centerpoint, Sun crusher etc. I don't see TFVerse taking infinate troops and ships while planet-busting missles pop out of hyperspace at random and suns go nova on command. Heck, isn't there something that can throw suns around somewhere in the mythos?

Scythe
I'm not well enough informed with the SW-verse, though I think that the time-traveling stuff that the Alternity bots do, along with Primus and such would hold up pretty well.

RE: Blaxican
Dunno. Didn't work out for the Terminators too well lol

Scythe
Hahaha

Robtard
Although I'm not saying that SW necessarily wins, this isn't all true.

It wasn't a "rag-tag group of rebels"; the Rebel Alliance was not a joke. It was a well organized and powerful guerrilla force.

The Death Star is nowhere near to being the most powerful superweapon that SW has. For example; the sun crusher can make a sun go nova and is virtually immune to all known forms of SW weaponry.

No, The Empire was the joke. Which is the point.

Read up a little on Unicron to refresh myself, fool not only devours moons, planets and suns ala Galactus for a living, but he has done so to about 20% of the universe, mind you, universe, not a galaxy. That's a whole lot of destruction and power he's absorbed. Me things one Empire in one galaxy isn't going to be too much trouble.

Then there's those millions of other bots spread out through cybertronian space.

Hewhoknowsall
No, The Empire was the joke. Which is the point.

Give me proof. Oh, and the Empire isn't the only faction in SW. There's the Old Republic, New Republic, Galactic Alliance, Jedi Order, New Jedi Order, etc.

I'd say that he'd count as a near omnipotent.

Robtard
Give me proof. Oh, and the Empire isn't the only faction in SW. There's the Old Republic, New Republic, Galactic Alliance, Jedi Order, New Jedi Order, etc.

I'd say that he'd count as a near omnipotent.

Because they were a galactic empire and they lost to a couple hooligans. Well, seems like you're now amending the thread to force (haha, get it, again?) yet another SW win. Those factions did not exist all in the same time. It'd be a paradox.

But he's not near omnipotent or omnipotent, just really, really, really powerful. So he'd be included, as per your OP.

Hewhoknowsall
Because they were a galactic empire and they lost to a couple hooligans. Well, seems like you're now amending the thread to force (haha, get it, again?) yet another SW win. Those factions did not exist all in the same time. It'd be a paradox.

This is incorrect. You are calling the Rebels "hooligans" when I showed you how they aren't. Stop making completely unsupported claims.

There are numerous sources showing that the Rebels were a powerful guerrilla force, not a "bunch of hooligans" like you claim without any support or reason.

How powerful? Can he survive a planet busting attack?

Robtard
This is incorrect. You are calling the Rebels "hooligans" when I showed you how they aren't. Stop making completely unsupported claims.

There are numerous sources showing that the Rebels were a powerful guerrilla force, not a "bunch of hooligans" like you claim without any support or reason.

Hooligans in regards to how large/powerful the Empire is supposed to be. Face it, Empire fell to a much smaller and weaker force. It's what happens when Empires are grossly mismanaged.

He'd had much of his body destroyed and continued to fight. Death Star is doing nothing but punching a couple of holes in him, before it's obliterated. Even them, a bunch of transformers could take it out. Don't need Unicron for the Death Star.

Hewhoknowsall
Hooligans in regards to how large/powerful the Empire is supposed to be. Face it, Empire fell to a much smaller and weaker force. It's what happens when Empires are grossly mismanaged.

True, the Empire was super overarrogant and corrupt, but was still powerful.

Star Wars turbolasers generate hundreds millions of gigawatts of energy per blast. The Death Star superlaser is estimated to generate energy in the 10^32 joules range.

Robtard
Death Star's powerful enough to punch a hole through a planet and cause it's core to explode. Very powerful and impressive.

That not happening to Unicrom though. It'd punch a hole in him, but he wouldn't explode, for reasons noted, guy can function with large portions of his body being completely destroyed.

Besides, I think the Death Star would be the size of marble next to a baseball (Unicron).

Hewhoknowsall
Death Star's powerful enough to punch a hole through a planet and cause it's core to explode. Very powerful and impressive.

That not happening to Unicrom though. It'd punch a hole in him, but he wouldn't explode, for reasons noted, guy can function with large portions of his body being completely destroyed.

Besides, I think the Death Star would be the size of marble next to a baseball (Unicron).

The Death Star blew Alderaan to pieces. That would require a firepower far beyond what is imaginable. The Death Star was stated to be able to blow up any inhabitable planet. Do you have any proof that Unicron could survive that?

Oh, and the Death Star isn't even the most powerful SW superweapon. SW has the Sun Crusher, Galaxy Gun, Centerpoint Station and others as well. Combined with the Star Forge they could make an army of superweapons. And then there are Force users. Oh, and star destroyers with turbolasers that generate hundreds of millions of gigawatts per shot.

Still though, I don't know that much about Transformers. Maybe I'm wrong.

Robtard
The Death Star blew Alderaan to pieces. That would require a firepower far beyond what is imaginable. The Death Star was stated to be able to blow up any inhabitable planet. Do you have any proof that Unicron could survive that?

Oh, and the Death Star isn't even the most powerful SW superweapon. SW has the Sun Crusher, Galaxy Gun, Centerpoint Station and others as well. Combined with the Star Forge they could make an army of superweapons. And then there are Force users. Oh, and star destroyers with turbolasers that generate hundreds of millions of gigawatts per shot.

Still though, I don't know that much about Transformers. Maybe I'm wrong.

Yes, I've just said the same, it's very powerful. Did you not read what I said? Unicron has survived and continued to fight while having large portions of his body destroyed. Unicron is planet-sized, but he isn't a planet, one shot isn't going to hit his soft and chewy core and make him to explode ala Alderran.

Awesome; but they all fail in magnitude and scope compared to Unicron. Transformers have the ability to scan machines and replicate them, IE they could become Sun Crushers and Galaxy Guns, in all likelihood. Millions of them, as there's millions and millions of transformers in all shapes and sizes.

Also, not sure if all those weapons existed in the same SW time-line.

Sadako of Girth

His point still stands: Massive empire undone by a few people.

Unicron was so powerful that only the Autobot Matrix of Leadership can destroy him. Look at Transformers the movie 1986 and ask how the Deathstar can withstand an assault like you see at three points throughout the movie...

Hewhoknowsall
His point still stands: Massive empire undone by a few people.

Except that it wasn't by "a few people".

What about multiple Galaxy Guns firing at Unicron from lightyears away?

Robtard

There's one Galaxy Gun.

Unicron would just swallow the attack.

Sadako of Girth
Also Galaxy gun bursts are sub light. Unicron might see them coming and avoid them.

Hewhoknowsall
There's one Galaxy Gun.

Unicron would just swallow the attack.

Star Forge ftw since it could mass produce superweapons if the knowledge of making them is there, which it is.

Do you have proof?

Scythe
And my point, of all the Alternity bots goin' back in time to "falcon-punch" everyone's parents while they're still expecting, still may stand, haha.

bloodoverme
True, the Empire was super overarrogant and corrupt, but was still powerful.

Star Wars turbolasers generate hundreds millions of gigawatts of energy per blast. The Death Star superlaser is estimated to generate energy in the 10^32 joules range.

The transformers movie franchise gave the cybertronians nova generating weapons. Its the plot of the whole revenge of the fallen remember, they only cause stars to go nova when there are no living things in the planets surrounding the particular star.

The fallen wants to make the sun go nova and absorb the energy generated to create energon cube, even though earth is inhabited. They were going to do this while they were on earth, which might suggest that all transformers can survive a nova explosion from a close distance (earth and even mars would be engulfed by the blast if the sun goes nova, check with any astronomer). but this is just my speculation.

It is a fact however that if the transformers are able to create a "cube" from the energy harvested from the nova using their machine, they can use it to make any machine from, bread toasters and cell phones to deathstars, starforge, galaxy gun and suncrushers, into a sentient war freak, gun-tooting transformer as seen in the movies 1 and 2. This means they can convert the entire imperial fleet and all technology present in the SW universe for that matter, into an unstopable transformer juggernaut army.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Scythe
And my point, of all the Alternity bots goin' back in time to "falcon-punch" everyone's parents while they're still expecting, still may stand, haha.

stick out tongue Falcon punch lol

Happy Dance

Scythe
It's gunna happen, beg and plea all they want, it's still gunna happen.

Robtard
Star Forge ftw since it could mass produce superweapons if the knowledge of making them is there, which it is.

Do you have proof?

You can your Star Forge nonsense. Unless the Star Forge can shart out a Matrix, you have nothing on Unicron.

Unicron eats Stars for breakfast. /Proof

AthenasTrgrFngr
how are galaxy gun bursts sub-light if they move several times beyond lightspeed?

in fact check it out.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightspeed

considering the blast fired from a galaxy gun moves at a speed equivelent to that of a .75 hyperdrive which is faster than a class 1 hyperdrive that would mean that the blast actually moves multiple hundreds of millions of times the speed of light!

Hewhoknowsall
You can your Star Forge nonsense. Unless the Star Forge can shart out a Matrix, you have nothing on Unicron.

Unicron eats Stars for breakfast. /Proof

Irrelevant rebuttal. We were debating whether or not Unicron can withstand multiple galaxy guns firing at it. Whether or not the star forge can chart out a matrix is irrelevant to the discussion. Stop redirecting the argument.

Robtard
Irrelevant rebuttal. We were debating whether or not Unicron can withstand multiple galaxy guns firing at it. Whether or not the star forge can chart out a matrix is irrelevant to the discussion. Stop redirecting the argument.

So this is yet another 'Star Wars Vs. Something Hewhoknowsall knows nothing about' thread and you'll just dictate that Star Wars wins because it's Star Wars.

But I'll explain my comment to you yet again, since you're a total failure who can't follow something that's been told to you multiple times. REPEAT: UNICRON CAN ONLY BE KILLED BY THE AUTOBOT MATRIX.

He's devoured around 20% of the universe (planets, moons, stars etc) and taken in their energy, which would equate to millions, billions or trillions of galaxies, depending on your view of how big the universe is. So unless the Star Wars galaxy has an AUTOBOT MATRIX, it'll just be another galaxy he'll eventually devourer and shart out. Then of course, there's all those other millions of Transformers, which would be in the fight too.

Hewhoknowsall
So this is yet another 'Star Wars Vs. Something Hewhoknowsall knows nothing about' thread and you'll just dictate that Star Wars wins because it's Star Wars.

But I'll explain my comment to you yet again, since you're a total failure who can't follow something that's been told to you multiple times. REPEAT: UNICRON CAN ONLY BE KILLED BY THE AUTOBOT MATRIX.

He's devoured around 20% of the universe (planets, moons, stars etc) and taken in their energy, which would equate to millions, billions or trillions of galaxies, depending on your view of how big the universe is. So unless the Star Wars galaxy has an AUTOBOT MATRIX, it'll just be another galaxy he'll eventually devourer and shart out. Then of course, there's all those other millions of Transformers, which would be in the fight too.

Contrary to what it may seem like, I'm not necessarily saying that Star Wars wins in this case since I have a rather limited knowledge of Transformers. However, your argument still has little to do with the topic, since the autobot matrix isn't the only way to defeat Unicron.

Robtard
Easy enough then, educate yourself first on Transformers; then post a counter.

AthenasTrgrFngr

thats a bit of a no-limit fallacious dont you think? also absorbing mass amounts of energy over the course of months and years =\= massive energy output in one sudden blast (or multiple if its two death stars and a galaxy gun).

Robtard
Originally posted by AthenasTrgrFngr
thats a bit of a no-limit fallacious dont you think? also absorbing mass amounts of energy over the course of months and years =\= massive energy output in one sudden blast (or multiple if its two death stars and a galaxy gun).

Considering it's fiction and a cartoon, no. Maybe you should watch the 1986 Transformers films?

Sadako of Girth

FTW smokin'

Robtard
FTW smokin'

I tried watching the new Transformers cartoon, takes place in the future. It sucked, nothing like the 80's.

bloodoverme

I've watched all the transformers cartoons and animated movies. I agree with Hewhoknowsall that the autobot matrix is not the only way to destroy "Transformers the Movie - Unicron". Multiple deathstars or galaxy guns would probably do the job. Ten death stars and ten galaxy guns attacking at the same time would probably takeout "Transformers the Movie Unicron". If you don't like ten then lets go with a thousand each. However even if you disintegrate his body Unicron can exist with only his head left intact and he can scheme and find ways to create an new body as evidenced in "Transformers Generation 2".

However if you're talking about the "Marvel comics - Unicron", he can take out the entire starwars galaxy solo. He actually wiped out the previous universe "even "the stuff of space itself" in the universe and leaving only nothingness and void." according to wiki. But this version of unicron is omnipotent level hence not allowed.

bloodoverme

This is "starwars universe vs transformers universe" not "starwars universe vs unicron" right? So going back to my arguement regarding the "all-spark", as defined and seen in the 2007 film franchise (Wiki - "In the Transformers 2007 live action film, it is a cube-shaped artifact adorned with glyphs and designs which is capable of granting independent life to normal electronic and mechanical objects and is the source of life for all Transformers."wink If you dont want to accept wiki, watch the movie.

Whether the starforge can be used to create only 1 deathstar and galaxy gun per century or more than 1 billion of each per second doesn't matter. Anything it creates becomes a transformer with just one bump from the all-spark cube, the more the better. Bang the all-spark against the starforge and you get one mean transformer that can crap out super-weapons. LOL

I'd love to see a Starwars-Transformers movie cross-over, Jedi/autobots vs Sith/decepticons.

lordmegatron1
If it happens, I would EAT Princess Leila for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Maybe desert too if she CAME back.

ROTFL!!!

The MadParty
so why not drop an all spark fragment on the deathstar

Samurai100
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Droid_Disable
would that work on transformers?

InfernoJG95
autobots team with jedi while the empire with the decepticons....i guess its a fun explosive battle

maxman1180
transformers...

TXP101
If you include the Alspark in this, it will be too easy a win. It allows them to transform various technologies into robotic warriors, as seen in Transformers and Transformers ROTF. That means the Jedi's machinery can be used against them, and in disguise.

Kazenji
The Autobots call upon Metroplex

and everyother metrotitan.

StealthRanger
Transformers curbstomps. Numerous beings such as Master Galvatron and Super Starscream could take over 90% of SW by themselves

Never mind Unicron and Primus who are multiversal+

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Transformers curbstomps. Numerous beings such as Master Galvatron and Super Starscream could take over 90% of SW by themselves

Never mind Unicron and Primus who are multiversal+
Nope.

Star Wars have too much resources at its disposal and transformers would not last long.

Star Wars have everything:

1. Droids/Tanks as big as majority of Transformers
2. Planet destroying weapons
3. Master tacticians
4. Unprecedented resources for warfare
5. Super-characters (Force-users)
6. Extraordinary space weapons/fleets
7. Unprecedented number of high-tech weapons with different capabilities
8. Nuclear weapons
9. Mandalorians

Star Wars have simply too much for Transformers to handle; Transformers will be exterminated along with Unicron.

Originally posted by Samurai100
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Droid_Disable
would that work on transformers?
Force powers can be very effective against machines.

On top of this, different kinds of electronic jamming technologies; http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jammer

Kazenji
What exactly have you seen of Transformers?

seems you've only seen the Bay movies.

StealthRanger
I'm guessing you've seen nothing of Transformers beyond the movies

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Nope.

Star Wars have too much resources at its disposal and transformers would not last long.

Star Wars have everything:

1. Droids/Tanks as big as majority of Transformers
2. Planet destroying weapons
3. Master tacticians
4. Unprecedented resources for warfare
5. Super-characters (Force-users)
6. Extraordinary space weapons/fleets
7. Unprecedented number of high-tech weapons with different capabilities
8. Nuclear weapons
9. Mandalorians

Star Wars have simply too much for Transformers to handle; Transformers will be exterminated along with Unicron.

Force powers can be very effective against machines.

On top of this, different kinds of electronic jamming technologies; http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jammer

1. Droids and Tanks get wiped out in the masses by herald-level beings. Hell, even TFP chars make short work of them due to massively superior physical abilities
2. Transformers have beins who can destroy planets and move FTL in realspace, like Master Galvatron and Super Starscream. Only beings who can have any chance are Prime Luke, DE Palpatine, Abeloth and Darkstaff weilders. Other than that, they're gonna cut a bloody swathe through SW
3. Same can be said for Transformers
4. Ditto above, plus TF side has space brides and FTL chars, meaning they'll destroy their planets, they'll lose moar and moar resources as time goes on
5. Transformers, again have several Herald Tier beins, never mind multiversal characters such as Unicron, Primus, Alternity and several Cube Beings such as the 13 original Primes
6. Get wiped out by their Herald tier beings
7. Transformers beings massively exceed them in DC, speed, durability and strength for any weapon to be effective
8. Ineffective against their Herald tier beings
9. hahahaha, wait, was this even a serious one?

Star Wars is one galaxy, Transformers is many different universes, timelines and stuff, Unicron and Primus can destroy entire galaxies at minimum, meaning they solo. Lauhable how you think superweapons and nukes will make any difference against them

Force powers are meh and the only force users worth of mention are the top tiers

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Kazenji
What exactly have you seen of Transformers?

seems you've only seen the Bay movies.
The Transformers: The Movie is the most comprehensive depiction of Transformers and their capabilities till date, if I am not wrong; Unicron being the top dog as far as I know. I have yet to see something in Transformers mythos against which Star Wars mythos doesn't have an answer.

I'm guessing you've seen nothing of Transformers beyond the movies
I have not consulted every medium related to Transformers but I have seen enough.

1. Droids and Tanks get wiped out in the masses by herald-level beings. Hell, even TFP chars make short work of them due to massively superior physical abilities
I am not saying that Droids and Tanks (of Star Wars mythos) cannot be destroyed; but they pack lot of firepower as well. Primitive human weapons can hurt Transformers; technology depicted in Star Wars mythos is too advanced in comparison. Do the math.

2. Transformers have beins who can destroy planets and move FTL in realspace, like Master Galvatron and Super Starscream.
Which planets have these two destroyed? I recall Unicron and Primus being capable of performing this feat.

Only beings who can have any chance are Prime Luke, DE Palpatine, Abeloth and Darkstaff weilders. Other than that, they're gonna cut a bloody swathe through SW
Are you considering a particular era from Star Wars mythos or on the whole?

I suspect that you haven't explored Star Wars EU much but I will leave you a hint: The Sith sorcerers in Star Wars are capable of unleashing unprecedented destruction. Some examples:

1. Sith Lord Naga Sadow developed a weapon with which he could make an entire Star System go supernova.
2. Sith Lord Vitiate could make arrangements to unleash Sith Sorcery on "galactic scale" and transform himself in to an omnipotent being of godlike powers in the aftermath. With such power, he would have acquired the capability to do anything; even create space matter itself.

Sith Lord Naga Sadow can wipe out anything in the Transformers mythos with his dark weapon and command of Sith Sorcery. In addition, Sith Lord Vitiate can reach similar position as well, if he gets the opportunity to unleash Sith Sorcery on galactic scale and complete his transformation; he is can create such an opportunity actually since he can unleash very capable Sith forces on galactic level and keep potential enemies preoccupied while he gets involved in his ultimate plan behind-the-scenes and pull it off within a short span of time (few days at maximum).

In single combat, Sith Lord Vitiate have Dark Councilors who can destroy gigantic (armored) beasts, shatter stone, and even destroy metal with their dark powers. And Sith Lord Vitiate himself is among the most powerful dark side masters in the whole mythos.

3. Same can be said for Transformers
Very few in Transformers mythos actually; many in the whole Star Wars mythos.

4. Ditto above, plus TF side has space brides and FTL chars, meaning they'll destroy their planets, they'll lose moar and moar resources as time goes on
You make it sound like as if Transformers wouldn't be meeting heavy resistance in their path and just walk through anything; unrealistic assumption. Issue with Transformers is that Star Wars have too much to throw at them. Also, reinforcements in Star Wars arrive at lightspeed.

5. Transformers, again have several Herald Tier beins, never mind multiversal characters such as Unicron, Primus, Alternity and several Cube Beings such as the 13 original Primes
Every era of Star Wars have witnessed thousands of Force-users existing simultaneously. The number have gone as high as millions in a few eras. Too much firepower to contend with.

6. Get wiped out by their Herald tier beings
Sith Lord Vitiate have Dark Sorcerers under his command who can terminate entire fleets with their dark side powers alone. Some Force-users are gifted with Battle Meditation ability; one of the most powerful Force abilities in the mythos. With BM, the tide of the battles can be easily turned.

7. Transformers beings massively exceed them in DC, speed, durability and strength for any weapon to be effective
As if you know?

8. Ineffective against their Herald tier beings
Herald tier beings can be dealt with more powerful weapons. Star Wars mythos doesn't have shortage of such weapons actually.

9. hahahaha, wait, was this even a serious one?
Ever read about Mandalorian Wars? They were a major fighting force during TOR era.

Star Wars is one galaxy, Transformers is many different universes, timelines and stuff, Unicron and Primus can destroy entire galaxies at minimum, meaning they solo. Lauhable how you think superweapons and nukes will make any difference against them
Elaborate on the Universe(s) part. Do you even have an idea of how big a single Galaxy can be? A single Galaxy can contain trillions of Star systems in it.

The biggest body is the Universe itself; it contains billions of Galaxies. To give you an idea, a single Galaxy can contain trillions of Star systems (the smallest ones containing millions). The whole body is simply too big to comprehend with lot of unknown(s) to us.

Also, Star Wars mythos isn't restricted to one Galaxy. Yuuzhan vong came from another Galaxy (not occupied by the Republic) in the mythos; this species could create black holes with its technologies.

Furthermore, you are heavily exaggerating the capabilities of Unicron and Primus. Unicron could take one planet at a time (his galaxy eating plan would involve enormous span of time). Primus was a match for Unicron but created Transformers to deal with it (Primus evolved in to Cybertron?). Both can be wiped out by planet busting weapons (of Star Wars mythos). Heck, some Sith sorcerers of Star Wars mythos themselves can handle them after adequate preparations. I don't know much about Primus but Unicron is vulnerable to intruders if they get inside it.

Force powers are meh and the only force users worth of mention are the top tiers
A lone competent Force-user can handle a lone Transformer.

S_W_LeGenD
Revisiting some of my responses in previous post:-

In single combat, Sith Lord Vitiate have Dark Councilors who can destroy gigantic (armored) beasts, shatter stone, and even destroy metal with their dark powers. And Sith Lord Vitiate himself is among the most powerful dark side masters in the whole mythos.
In single combat, Sith Lord Vitiate have many competent Sith Lords under his disposal who can destroy gigantic (armored) beasts, shatter stone, and even disintegrate/destroy metal with their dark powers. Sith Lord Vitiate himself is among the most powerful dark side masters in the entire history of Star Wars mythos. Some Jedi in the mythos can also match these Sith Lords in power. Considering whole history, many powerful Sith Lords and Jedi have been witnessed in the mythos. I recall an (extremely) ancient race which could move planets with its technologies and played vital role in reshaping the most prominent Galaxy of the Star Wars mythos.

Sith Lord Vitiate have Dark Sorcerers under his command who can terminate entire fleets with their dark side powers alone. Some Force-users are gifted with Battle Meditation ability; one of the most powerful Force abilities in the mythos. With BM, the tide of the battles can be easily turned.
Sith Lord Vitiate have Dread Masters under his command who can terminate entire fleets with their dark side powers. Apart from this, some Force-users are gifted with Battle Meditation ability; one of the most powerful Force abilities in the mythos. With BM, the tide of the battles can be easily turned.

Ever read about Mandalorian Wars? They were a major fighting force during TOR era.
Ever read about Mandalorian Wars? They were a major fighting force during TOR era, with capability to manufacture enormous fleets, gigantic droids, nuclear weapons and being led by amazing tacticians. Also, a competent Mandalorian can match a trained Jedi in single combat, who in turn can match a Transformer in single combat. The most powerful Force-users can take on individuals such as Galvatron(s) and Prime(s) themselves or possibly better.

Kazenji
The Transformers: The Movie is the most comprehensive depiction of Transformers and their capabilities till date, if I am not wrong; Unicron being the top dog as far as I know. I have yet to see something in Transformers mythos against which Star Wars

Well seeing as nothing has been stated in the OP

Comics are also allowed in here too

only thing that would be an actual threat in Star Wars would be the Force.

S_W_LeGenD
Well seeing as nothing has been stated in the OP

Comics are also allowed in here too

only thing that would be an actual threat in Star Wars would be the Force.
Technology as well. Transformers can be hurt/killed by relatively primitive weapons. Technology in Star Wars is too advanced. Most lethal weapons can shatter planets to pieces and/or pulverize them.

As an example: Death Star pulverized planet Aldeeran (an Earth like planet):-

http://www.dvdactive.com/images/editorial/screenshot/2009/8/alderaan2004.jpg

No way Unicron can survive this level of firepower. To assume otherwise is sheer idiocy.

On top of this, some Sith Sorcerers can do much worse with the power of the Force.

Sadako of Girth
In the comics (g1, issue 3, US run) Megatron was pounded with everything short of nukes for half and hour and wasn't scratched.
Galavtron was insanely more powerful. It took a rift in time and space itself to dismantle his ass.

Q99
I'd think the guns on the big ships and big walkers would be a major issues....

Ultimate SW has a rather huge population and resource advantage. In most continuities the TF population is relatively small.

Kazenji
Lets not forgot time travel with the Transformers universe which Jhiaxus has been using.

S_W_LeGenD
Lets not forgot time travel with the Transformers universe which Jhiaxus has been using.
Star Wars have some crazy entities with crazy capabilities. One of them sent some individuals 8000 years back in time, transforming them in to diamonds.

Kazenji
How about pulling things out from the past and into the present.

quanchi112
Transformers universe stomps.

TomServoSOL
Ok, since I'm familiar with both universes, here are my 2 cents

Cybertronians are indeed millions of years older than the civilized galactic governments in the SW universe, (the original uprising to throw the Quintessons off Cybertron was 8 million years ago) but they spent many of those millions of years killing each other since then to the point that there are only millions of cybertronians vs billions of beings across thousands of star systems in the SW universe.

The SW universe has access to nearly unlimited resources, again thanks to those thousands of star systems. cybertronians have nearly DEPLETED their resources in their millions of years of warfare.

The technology in the SW universe seems to have standardized despite the thousands of years of history, ships, weapons, etc. don't seem to have evolved much over the millenia, whereas cybertronians can scan and adapt to any tech level and use it on themselves. Presumably, because they have spent millions of years in constant war, they have developed tech the SW universe has yet to master exept in a few isolated cases, some of which have been alluded to earlier in this thread.

Force-users may not be able to sense the life energy (spark) of a cybertronian but they can use the force to tear a cybertronian's body apart. They do that with your garden variety droid army, why should cybertronians be any different? Having said that, force-users are not so numerous as to pose as much of a threat as a regular standing army, which cybertronians would have no trouble in defeating.

A Cybertronian's lifeforce (spark) cannot be hacked or influenced by mind-altering effects that affect organic lifeforms. Even those cybertronians with organic structures (Pretenders, Transmetals, etc) would be inmune. Their computerized core and general computeried systems are another story. There is a G1 TV episode in which Teletran 1 was able to hack into one of the Decepticon Jets (Sjywarp, specifically) and make him attack his Decepticon comrades while he was holding Megatron in gun mode, thanks to a remote modem one human attached to the robot's leg. If one human in a wheelchair was able to do that to a 29-foot tall robot, imagine what a halfway-decent SW slicer can do. Heck, have R2-D2 hack into thei Decepticon systems and watch hilarity ensue.

Cybertronians can scan any vehicle, device or piece of tech and integrate them. This way, they can travel the lengh of the SW galaxy undetected as any number of starships, speeders, etc or even as things as mundane as blasters or commlinks, even lightsabers. Presumably they can infiltrate any stronghold, fortification or superweapon and either destroy it from within or scan it and become said installation or superweapon themselfes.

As far as the Death Star/Unicron deal, the Matrix isn't ehe ONLY way to destroy Unicron. There are several ways this has been done, depending on what TF continuity you go by. (the Armada/Energon continuity being excamples) Unicron may be able to withstand one blast from the Death Star but I don't see him surviving more than two or three direct hits. Also, the Death Star needs time to recharge after each shot. A blast large enough to destroy a planet takes the Death Star a full day to build up (check the SW Technical Journal or the Essential Guide books) If the Death Star's crew fails to damage him in the first shot, their ass is toast.

Even if the Death Star does manage to blow Unicron apart with the first shot, the scattered body parts still contain the essence of Unicron. This means that those fragments can either reconstitute themselves in time or land on the Death Star as part of the explosion. And why destroy the Death Star when Unicron can presumably scan it and BECOME the Death Star, World Devastator, Galaxy Gun (insert superweapon name here)??? Again, depending on which TF continuity you go by, there are several ways this has been done.

Seems to me that there are enough checks and balances in each universe to keep this debate going for a looooong time

Q99
My thoughts: IDW is the militarily strongest TF universe (it has *many ships* that are 10+ miles long, and the most numbers, and pound-for-pound they're quite strong too), but lacks the cosmics. Also depends on when, lack of energy has been a problem to the transformers at many times.

I'd say that baring cosmic forces like Unicron and Primus, SW generally wins on raw resources and greater ability to replenish forces, though at high cost.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.