Galactiator vs. Superiex

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Gladiator fused with Galactus vs. Superman fused with Imperiex

No Ultimate Nullifier

(really I just made this because the combo names sound cool)

Omega Vision
Isn't this essentially just another Galactus vs Imperiex thread?

Lord Feron
Nah nah it's another Glads vs Supes thread but gladiator is powered down now... wink

galactusischere
Galactiator 10/10

Zeuodin
What do fusing Superman and Gladiator with Beings who can destroy Galaxies do? They aren't adding anything.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Zeuodin
What do fusing Superman and Gladiator with Beings who can destroy Galaxies do? They aren't adding anything.

yes which is why Galactus beats the DC rip-off and shoves superman up his ass

Zeuodin
Originally posted by galactusischere
yes which is why Galactus beats the DC rip-off and shoves superman up his ass
I thought Imperiex was like the big bang or something. Galactus eats planets. How are they even closely related besides the fact that they are both Giant?

Parmaniac

Depends maybe Imperiex is now able to absorb sunlight or weak to k-nite

and Galactus finally got a cape smile

vlaaad12345
Imperiex>your average galactus so superiex wins.

galactusischere
I thought Imperiex was like the big bang or something. Galactus eats planets. How are they even closely related besides the fact that they are both Giant?
Imperiex-----------------------------Galactus
power of the big bang---------------Born during the big bang
Energy inside of armor--------------Energy inside of armor
Uses tech------------------------------Uses tech
Drones--------------------------------heralds

galactusischere
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Imperiex>your average galactus so superiex wins.

no..

Omega Vision
no..
Yes...

galactusischere
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Yes...

go to the Imperiex vs Galactus thread...
go read BCA and see what happens when Galactus wants to destroy all reality.

vlaaad12345
You mean that arc where galactus had outside tampering?no thanks Ill stick to his showings that he has at his average levels and those aren't enough to take down imperiex.

galactusischere
You mean that arc where galactus had outside tampering?no thanks Ill stick to his showings that he has at his average levels and those aren't enough to take down imperiex.
tampering?
Tiamut only made his hunger infinite...
Galactus is capable of all those feats under his own power.
The watcher said that he has the power to destroy TEN universes.

Even if Galactus is weaker than Imperiex(which he isn't) he will ultimately nullify him.

and go to the Galactus vs Imperiex threads on this site if u want to know what others think

Omega Vision
tampering?
Tiamut only made his hunger infinite...
Galactus is capable of all those feats under his own power.
The watcher said that he has the power to destroy TEN universes.

Even if Galactus is weaker than Imperiex(which he isn't) he will ultimately nullify him.

and go to the Galactus vs Imperiex threads on this site if u want to know what others think
Galactus is as bad as the Hulk when it comes to fan wank because his fans always talk about what he could do instead of what he has done. His average showings are what we're talking about and his average showings are below that of Imperiex.

Galan007
Tiamut only made his hunger infinite... lol.

galactusischere
Galactus is as bad as the Hulk when it comes to fan wank because his fans always talk about what he could do instead of what he has done. His average showings are what we're talking about and his average showings are below that of Imperiex.

Imperiex's showings?
Galactus has the power to ATLEAST recreate the multiverse
was devouring the OMNIVERSE
is essential to the multiverse
read up: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=514698&highlight=title%3A%28galactus+vs+imperiex%29
once again Imperiex's showings?

galactusischere
Originally posted by Galan007
lol.

Ok enlighten me, what else did he do?

-Pr-
Imperiex destroyed galaxies during his run and was supposed to be as powerful as the big bang. He's DC's Galactus analogue, so they're bound to be similar in many ways.

Who'd win, though? No idea...

galactusischere
Originally posted by -Pr-
Imperiex destroyed galaxies during his run and was supposed to be as powerful as the big bang. He's DC's Galactus analogue, so they're bound to be similar in many ways.

Who'd win, though? No idea...

Ripoff<Original

-Pr-
Ripoff<Original

not always when it comes to power.

Omega Vision
Yeah look at Midnighter and Batman. I infinitely prefer Bats but I'll admit Midnighter is the stronger (though he's not really a "normal" man so it's a different ballpark)

galactusischere
Yeah look at Midnighter and Batman. I infinitely prefer Bats but I'll admit Midnighter is the stronger (though he's not really a "normal" man so it's a different ballpark)

No feats for Imperiex worth mentioning?
I thought so

Omega Vision
Lets see, hows vaporizing Doomsday with a casual gesture sound?

galactusischere
Lets see, hows vaporizing Doomsday with a casual gesture sound?
lol thats his best feat?
Galactus would just make a black hole and when DD finally adapts..blinks him out of existence. how bout that?
Galactus has created the Tyrant who was casually able to destroy galaxies.
next?

P.S. Doomsday survived

Omega Vision
lol thats his best feat?
Galactus would just make a black hole and when DD finally adapts..blinks him out of existence. how bout that?
Galactus has created the Tyrant who was casually able to destroy galaxies.
next?
No that was his most memorable feat. His greatest feat was forcing the entire ****ing DCU to band together to stop him and almost destroying the Universe. His probes were one-shotting some of Earth's greatest heroes and he actually recreated a Universe under his own power.
Edit: Doomsday did not survive, he died but as always happens he later revived.

Galan007
Ok enlighten me, what else did he do? you stated tiamut had "ONLY" tampered with galactus to such an extent that his hunger became "INFINITE". just struck me as funny is all.

anyhow, i believe there's an imperiex respect thread... i suggest you check it out. smile

-Pr-
No feats for Imperiex worth mentioning?
I thought so

if you'd read my post, you'd have seen the one i mentioned.

you even QUOTED it.

galactusischere
if you'd read my post, you'd have seen the one i mentioned.

you even QUOTED it.

Destroying galaxies isn't that much in Galactus's league

galactusischere
No that was his most memorable feat. His greatest feat was forcing the entire ****ing DCU to band together to stop him and almost destroying the Universe. His probes were one-shotting some of Earth's greatest heroes and he actually recreated a Universe under his own power.
Edit: Doomsday did not survive, he died but as always happens he later revived.
Galactus's heralds can oneshot alot of Marvel's greatest heroes.
Galactus can destroy the universe whenever he wants.
same goes for the multiverse.
next?

Omega Vision
next?
Lol yeah right. In Galactus's wet dreams maybe. And define "greatest heroes" because his greatest Herald the Silver Surfer doesn't one-shot guys like Thor and Sentry.

-Pr-
Destroying galaxies isn't that much in Galactus's league

he did it CASUALLY.

vlaaad12345
next?
And when has galactus destroyed a universe or multiverse under his own power without outside interference or the ultimate nullifier?

galactusischere
And when has galactus destroyed a universe or multiverse under his own power without outside interference or the ultimate nullifier?

um.. BCA plus he DOESN'T want to. why would he destroy hes foodsource?
Hes said alot of times that " I must protect my reality"(infinity gauntlet)
and UN counts

galactusischere
Lol yeah right. In Galactus's wet dreams maybe. And define "greatest heroes" because his greatest Herald the Silver Surfer doesn't one-shot guys like Thor and Sentry.

UN can destroy the Multiverse and it is an aspect of him. Watcher said that he has the power to destroy the universe 10x over(maybe hyperbole but whatever)
And upgraded SS can one-shot them so can Morg with the WOL
LOL all the heroes got together to defeat Imperiex. is that supposed to be impressive?

Bouboumaster
Galactus do a suplex to Imperiex and then he does the elbow drop ftw.

rock

AsbestosFlaygon
Gladiator is a ripoff of Superman, and Imperiex is a ripoff of Galactus.
Mix the originals and the ripoffs together and this is what you get.

I'm leaning towards Superiex. Imperiex is more impressive than Galactus in average showings.
Superman needed the power of Kismet to temporarily destroy him.
Also, Superman's confidence >> Gladiator's on average.

With this merge, Galactus now shares the same weakness as his merger.
If Galactiator would lack the confidence, he won't win the match.
If he doesn't, then they're practically dead even.

vlaaad12345
um.. BCA plus he DOESN'T want to. why would he destroy hes foodsource?
Hes said alot of times that " I must protect my reality"(infinity gauntlet)
and UN counts
Black celestial arc he had celestial tampering so thats out and he doesn't have the un in this fight so no the UN doesn't count either,so again where has galactus ever just up and vaporized a universe or multiverse like your implying he can.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Gladiator is a ripoff of Superman, and Imperiex is a ripoff of Galactus.
Mix the originals and the ripoffs together and this is what you get.

I'm leaning towards Superiex. Imperiex is more impressive than Galactus in average showings.
Superman needed the power of Kismet to temporarily destroy him.
Also, Superman's confidence >> Gladiator's on average.

With this merge, Galactus now shares the same weakness as his merger.
If Galactiator would lack the confidence, he won't win the match.
If he doesn't, then they're practically dead even.

Not quite.

Galactus is ever a supremely confident being. He even refers to himself in the 3rd person. That confidence, which Thanos has called arrogance, easily overwhelms the confidence variation in gladiator. It's not Galactus' confidence scaling down to Gladiator's weakness, it's Gladiator's weakness being overruled by Galactus' confidence.

and for the nth time, it amuses me when people keep bringing up "average showings" for Galactus. Galactus' showings are almost always when he is HUNGRY and/or weak. For the purposes of forum fights...we never use "average Galactus" (unless specified by OP) because that is using the weakest version of the character who has a variable powerlevel, as mentioned int he rules

Therefore, the fight will skipped in favor of the winner being declared based on determining who rides in the bigger/nicer ship.

Parmaniac
not always when it comes to power.

not always when it comes to everything

or does anyone here thinks Zorro > Batman?

galactusischere
Originally posted by Tenebrous
Not quite.

Galactus is ever a supremely confident being. He even refers to himself in the 3rd person. That confidence, which Thanos has called arrogance, easily overwhelms the confidence variation in gladiator. It's not Galactus' confidence scaling down to Gladiator's weakness, it's Gladiator's weakness being overruled by Galactus' confidence.

and for the nth time, it amuses me when people keep bringing up "average showings" for Galactus. Galactus' showings are almost always when he is HUNGRY and/or weak. For the purposes of forum fights...we never use "average Galactus" (unless specified by OP) because that is using the weakest version of the character who has a variable powerlevel, as mentioned int he rules

Therefore, the fight will skipped in favor of the winner being declared based on determining who rides in the bigger/nicer ship.

You tell em thumb up

galactusischere
Black celestial arc he had celestial tampering so thats out and he doesn't have the un in this fight so no the UN doesn't count either,so again where has galactus ever just up and vaporized a universe or multiverse like your implying he can.

UN is an ASPECT of Galactus's power.
Galactus doesn't want to do that first of all. second of all when has Imperiex done that? We have evidence that he wanted to destroy the universe but could he?
and for BCA, Galactus had the power to devour the omniverse if he wanted to and wasn't stopped. If u don't believe me go read what Reed says to the FF when Galactus starts to suck out Hyperstorm's infinite energy.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Parmaniac
not always when it comes to everything

or does anyone here thinks Zorro > Batman?

laughing out loud

vlaaad12345
UN is an ASPECT of Galactus's power.
Galactus doesn't want to do that first of all. second of all when has Imperiex done that? We have evidence that he wanted to destroy the universe but could he?
and for BCA, Galactus had the power to devour the omniverse if he wanted to and wasn't stopped. If u don't believe me go read what Reed says to the FF when Galactus starts to suck out Hyperstorm's infinite energy.
Entropy has destroyed universes and imperiex is the entropic force,if he just wanted to destroy the universe he could have but he was trying to follow the cosmic order of things(kind of like galactus does),how much he can eat really isn't going to have any barring on this fight,galactus as hes usually portrayed does not devour omniverses or bust multiverses.

galactusischere
Entropy has destroyed universes and imperiex is the entropic force,if he just wanted to destroy the universe he could have but he was trying to follow the cosmic order of things(kind of like galactus does),how much he can eat really isn't going to have any barring on this fight,galactus as hes usually portrayed does not devour omniverses or bust multiverses.

No he couldn't do it even if he wanted to. He was an evil character and evil characters don't follow rules.
How much he can eat actually matters. If Galactus doesn't job he can just absorb Imperiex's energy. He can also beat him by just breaching his armor which won't be that hard.
I believe even Tyrant would be able to beat Imperiex since Imperiex's greatest feat is "casually" destroying galaxies which Tyrant has done

-Pr-
No he couldn't do it even if he wanted to. He was an evil character and evil characters don't follow rules.

Imperiex was about as evil as galactus is.

galactusischere
when has Galactus waged war on the entire universe?

-Pr-
when has Galactus waged war on the entire universe?

you think that's what imperiex did?

he considered humanity to be little more than bacteria. when you bleach your toilet bowl, are you going to war? of course not.

galactusischere
you think that's what imperiex did?

he considered humanity to be little more than bacteria. when you bleach your toilet bowl, are you going to war? of course not.

Galactus thinks of the mortals in MU as insects, you see him attempt to destroy the universe? He does only what he needs to survive

-Pr-
Galactus thinks of the mortals in MU as insects, you see him attempt to destroy the universe? He does only what he needs to survive

Imperiex believed he was the "natural order". there was no malice in his actions. he saw the universe as being full of bacteria. the same way you'd have flies in your kitchen. galactus has threatened earth before. its not like he's innocent.

vlaaad12345
How much he can eat actually matters. If Galactus doesn't job he can just absorb Imperiex's energy. He can also beat him by just breaching his armor which won't be that hard.
I believe even Tyrant would be able to beat Imperiex since Imperiex's greatest feat is "casually" destroying galaxies which Tyrant has done
His job was to cycle creation he was following the cosmic balance,imperiex IS the entropic force and entropy has universe+busting feats it doesn't take rocket science to see that he can destroy universes,and no just breaching his armor won't kill imperiex it will just unleash a big bang of entropy something even galactus won't survive if detonated in his face,tyrant beating imperiex is laughable he never even destroyed any galaxies by himself it was him and galactus fighting together.

galactusischere
His job was to cycle creation he was following the cosmic balance,imperiex IS the entropic force and entropy has universe+busting feats it doesn't take rocket science to see that he can destroy universes,and no just breaching his armor won't kill imperiex it will just unleash a big bang of entropy something even galactus won't survive if detonated in his face,tyrant beating imperiex is laughable he never even destroyed any galaxies by himself it was him and galactus fighting together.

Destroying Imp's armor would unleash a big bang and if Galactus is anywhere near his well fed levels he will easily survive the big bang, that would be a win for galactus.
Imperiex is entropy and Galactus is a force of nature, equity.

Tyrant can't destroy galaxies? now thats laughable.

vlaaad12345
Never said he couldn't possibly do it I pointed that he never casually destroyed galaxies on his own it was him and galactus together that did it.

UniOmni
You people need to read OWAW before you say anything.

First, he destroyed galaxies by hollowing out the space via his engines.
Galactus has destroyed galaxies by pure energy output.

Second, Imperiex DOES have universe destroying power.......locked inside. He never in OWAW just showed the capability to just destroy it all via instantaneous energy output.
The real threat of Imperiex was when Superman burst his shell after merging with SV and Brainiac captured his energy.

And don't use OWAW as a suitable measure of power for anyone, because if you didn't have an S on the chest and a spitcurl, you looked terribly ineffective.

If Imperiex gets his universe destroying powah(ie his tech) so should Galactus, and Galactus wins that battle via Nullifier.

galactusischere
Originally posted by UniOmni

Second, Imperiex DOES have universe destroying power.......locked inside. He never in OWAW just showed the capability to just destroy it all via instantaneous energy output.
The real threat of Imperiex was when Superman burst his shell after merging with SV and Brainiac captured his energy.

And don't use OWAW as a suitable measure of power for anyone, because if you didn't have an S on the chest and a spitcurl, you looked terribly ineffective.

If Imperiex gets his universe destroying powah(ie his tech) so should Galactus, and Galactus wins that battle via Nullifier.

Right on man

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by UniOmni

So a guy who has universe+destroying power and who according to darkseid(who would know)has the power to remake the universe however he wants can't actually use it....yeah no,he didn't destroy the universe because he didn't want to he can use his power however he wants,and his tech has nothing to do with his power hes the entropic force personified.

galactusischere
So a guy who has universe+destroying power and who according to darkseid(who would know)has the power to remake the universe however he wants can't actually use it....yeah no,he didn't destroy the universe because he didn't want to he can use his power however he wants,and his tech has nothing to do with his power hes the entropic force personified.
he didn't want to destroy the universe? yea right...

Omega Vision
he didn't want to destroy the universe? yea right...
He didn't, he wanted to remake it. That takes much more finesse than simple destruction, that's why he needed tech.

vlaaad12345
He didn't want to outright destroy the universe,he was doing things in a set order aka keeping with the cosmic clock,please stop commenting on shit you know nothing about.

galactusischere
He didn't want to outright destroy the universe,he was doing things in a set order aka keeping with the cosmic clock,please stop commenting on shit you know nothing about.
I don't know shit about this?
ur the one saying Tyrant cant casually destroy galaxies

Omega Vision
I don't know shit about this?
ur the one saying Tyrant cant casually destroy galaxies
He can't, he only destroyed Galaxies when he and Galactus were locked in a pitched battle. Casual is scratching your ass, what Tyrant did was the equivalent of a normal man benching 300 lbs, not casual at all.

Tenebrous

Imperiex believed he was the "natural order". there was no malice in his actions. he saw the universe as being full of bacteria. the same way you'd have flies in your kitchen. galactus has threatened earth before. its not like he's innocent.

Disagree very strongly with your reasoning.

While Imperiex and Galactus and self-aggrandizing beings it is truly Imperiex who is the more arrogant and malicious.

Now obviously the example I am about to give is a bit extreme but the general principal is within the same parameters.

3rd Reich believed it was the reign of the "pure superior race." They saw one race in particular as a blight on the perfection of mankind and took steps to cleanse what they saw as a major imperfection.
some people in hitler's inner circle who were in strong conviction about the perfect german race etc. were so resolute in their stance that they saw "no malice" in their actions.

furthermore, the mere notion that Imperiex believes himself to be the only one capable of rectifying a universal imperfection, no matter what it takes, is rife with malicious intent, even if the ends are noble.

History, comics, fiction, etc. are full of characters who say "i am the only one who can do x for the greater good. And i will see it done to the very last"

That is the very archetype of the "noble villain"

Your example of flies in the kitchen is also flawed...unless it was ever explained in OWAW that the DCU was Imperiex's sole property and that he was restoring its purity. You own your kitchen (or if you do not, you are its primary user). You can drive flies out because you don't like flies in general, or you do not want them transferring bacteria to your food, etc.

the DCU is not Imperiex's to decide when to eliminate or recreate. he is not its primary resident, and he sure as hell doesn't own it. Instead he took on a sanctimonious goal of purify space he *shares* with billions of inhabitants, effectively robbing every sentient being of their free-will of choice or say-so on the matter. how is that not malicious?

Contrast this to Galactus. Unlike Imperiex, his actions truly have no malice because his purpose and function were clearly ordained from the onset.

Galactus is intrinsic to the MU...Imperiex is the complete opposite...he is the IMPERFECTION of the DCU.

Whereas imperiex has and agenda of "i will do what i see is necessary to purify the universe, no matter what opposition i come across"

Galactus simply performs a repetitive task for billions of years which is necessary for the normal continuity of the MU. In fact he stated multiple times in Annihilation that his primary desire is to maintain the consonance of the cosmos.

I don't see at all how Imperiex's goal of "purifying the universe" is "just as evil" as Galactus' goal of letting life in the universe continue as its trillions of inhabitants know it.

Heroes and villains united against Imperiex because he threatened the unviersal way of life. Heroes unite against Galactus because they dont want their world consumed. Galactus, as stan lee wrote, "bears no malice towards any living being" and if he's driven from a world he wishes to consume, he doesn't indignantly insist on punishing those who prevent him from doing his cosmic work. Instead he simply ups and leaves and goes to another planet. What character in all of comics just turns around and goes somewhere else when resisted?

They're not at all similar in their intentions, nor their actions.

Omega Vision

While Imperiex and Galactus and self-aggrandizing beings it is truly Imperiex who is the more arrogant and malicious.

Now obviously the example I am about to give is a bit extreme but the general principal is within the same parameters.

3rd Reich believed it was the reign of the "pure superior race." They saw one race in particular as a blight on the perfection of mankind and took steps to cleanse what they saw as a major imperfection.
some people in hitler's inner circle who were in strong conviction about the perfect german race etc. were so resolute in their stance that they saw "no malice" in their actions.

furthermore, the mere notion that Imperiex believes himself to be the only one capable of rectifying a universal imperfection, no matter what it takes, is rife with malicious intent, even if the ends are noble.

History, comics, fiction, etc. are full of characters who say "i am the only one who can do x for the greater good. And i will see it done to the very last"

Your example of flies in the kitchen is also flawed...unless it was ever explained in OWAW that the DCU was Imperiex's sole property and that he was restoring its purity. You own your kitchen (or if you do not, you are its primary user). You can drive flies out because you don't like flies in general, or you do not want them transferring bacteria to your food, etc.

the DCU is not Imperiex's to decide when to eliminate or recreate. he is not its primary resident, and he sure as hell doesn't own it. Instead he took on a sanctimonious goal of purify space he *shares* with billions of inhabitants, effectively robbing every sentient being of their free-will of choice or say-so on the matter. how is that not malicious?

Contrast this to Galactus. Unlike Imperiex, his actions truly have no malice because his purpose and function were clearly ordained from the onset.

Galactus is intrinsic to the MU...Imperiex is the complete opposite...he is the IMPERFECTION of the DCU.

Whereas imperiex has and agenda of "i will do what i see is necessary to purify the universe, no matter what opposition i come across"

Galactus simply performs a repetitive task for billions of years which is necessary for the normal continuity of the MU. In fact he stated multiple times in Annihilation that his primary desire is to maintain the consonance of the cosmos.

I don't see at all how Imperiex's goal of "purifying the universe" is "just as evil" as Galactus' goal of letting life in the universe continue as its trillions of inhabitants know it.

Heroes and villains united against Imperiex because he threatened the unviersal way of life. Heroes unite against Galactus because they dont want their world consumed. Galactus, as stan lee wrote, "bears no malice towards any living being" and if he's driven from a world he wishes to consume, he doesn't indignantly insist on punishing those who prevent him from doing his cosmic work. Instead he simply ups and leaves and goes to another planet. What character in all of comics just turns around and goes somewhere else when resisted?

You have excellent points (barring the invocation of Godwin's Law) especially regarding the fact that Imperiex was indeed an Imperfection. But no one said Galactus was evil, just that Imperiex wasn't by nature evil either. He's not bound by mortal morality and he's a force of nature just like Galactus. They're both about as evil as a Hurricane.

galactusischere
He can't, he only destroyed Galaxies when he and Galactus were locked in a pitched battle. Casual is scratching your ass, what Tyrant did was the equivalent of a normal man benching 300 lbs, not casual at all.

if only one Galaxy was destroyed sure, but not when MULTIPLE were destroyed.

Omega Vision
if only one Galaxy was destroyed sure, but not when MULTIPLE were destroyed.
Yes but nowhere was it "casual" by any means or even under his own power, it was the crossfire of him and Galactus, emphasis on Galactus.

galactusischere
Yes but nowhere was it "casual" by any means or even under his own power, it was the crossfire of him and Galactus, emphasis on Galactus.

When he was near Galactus level, and their battle destroyed entire galaxies and they were evenly matched the whole time AND Galactus has shown the ability to easily teleport an entire galaxy through space and time with just a thought...what does that tell u?

Omega Vision
When he was near Galactus level, and their battle destroyed entire galaxies and they were evenly matched the whole time AND Galactus has shown the ability to easily teleport an entire galaxy through space and time with just a thought...what does that tell u?
So teleporting=destruction now?

galactusischere
So teleporting=destruction now?

teleporting it with a thought in TIME AND SPACE is more impressive than simply destroying it

Omega Vision
teleporting it with a though in TIME AND SPACE is more impressive than simply destroying it
Not necessarily, teleportation is usually only limited by the user's will whereas destroying something is limited by one's actual power.

galactusischere
Not necessarily, teleportation is usually only limited by the user's will whereas destroying something is limited by one's actual power.

No he used his power cosmic to teleport the universe, when has Galactus shown his "will power"?

Omega Vision
No he used his power cosmic to teleport the universe, when has Galactus shown his "will power"?
That's my point, what's the difference between teleporting one atom and an entire Galaxy?

galactusischere
That's my point, what's the difference between teleporting one atom and an entire Galaxy?

there is no diffrence?
Thor has teleported other people, but has he teleported and ENTIRE GALAXY?

Endless Mike
I didn't expect this thread to get so many responses

Omega Vision
there is no diffrence?
Thor has teleported other people, but has he teleported and ENTIRE GALAXY?
As far as I can see if Thor could comprehend an entire Galaxy and know the whereabouts/nature of everything in that Galaxy he could teleport it, as such he doesn't but Galactus does.

Endless Mike
As far as I can see if Thor could comprehend an entire Galaxy and know the whereabouts/nature of everything in that Galaxy he could teleport it, as such he doesn't but Galactus does.

I'm pretty sure Rune King Thor actually could do that

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I'm pretty sure Rune King Thor actually could do that
That's my point, teleporting a large object isn't a power feat so much as a feat of comprehension.

-Pr-

You have excellent points (barring the invocation of Godwin's Law) especially regarding the fact that Imperiex was indeed an Imperfection. But no one said Galactus was evil, just that Imperiex wasn't by nature evil either. He's not bound by mortal morality and he's a force of nature just like Galactus. They're both about as evil as a Hurricane.

omega's reply is good enough for me.

galactusischere

good point, but we don't have enough proof to suggest anything like that

Hewhoknowsall
Galactus is a good guy in my opinion

Endless Mike
That's my point, teleporting a large object isn't a power feat so much as a feat of comprehension.

I disagree, there has to be some kind of power requirement involved.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I disagree, there has to be some kind of power requirement involved.
Teleportation seems to be a passive power that doesn't take much energy when compared to things like energy blasts.

Utrigita
Teleportation seems to be a passive power that doesn't take much energy when compared to things like energy blasts.

Let me get this straight, you think that powerlevel has nothing to do with teleporting only the amount of understanding of the Item you are about to teleport plays a part?

That I can't agree on, just because Silver Surfer can teleport himself and comprehend a Planet, it doesn't equal that he can teleport a planet.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Utrigita
Let me get this straight, you think that powerlevel has nothing to do with teleporting only the amount of understanding of the Item you are about to teleport plays a part?

That I can't agree on, just because Silver Surfer can teleport himself and comprehend a Planet, it doesn't equal that he can teleport a planet.
What I mean to say is that there aren't clear levels of teleportation and if Galactus can tp a Galaxy it seems less a power feat and more a feat of Galactus's ability to mentally shunt such a large and complex thing across space.

batdude123
Suplex ftw.

Utrigita
What I mean to say is that there aren't clear levels of teleportation and if Galactus can tp a Galaxy it seems less a power feat and more a feat of Galactus's ability to mentally shunt such a large and complex thing across space.

I think the main point of Galactusischere was to make a comparison between teleporting a Galaxy and destroying one, From my point of view teleporting a object, in accordance with Marvels definition

Edit: forget link, sorry http://marvel.com/universe/Glossary:T

is at the least a feat fully comparable to destroying a Galaxy, because you have to break apart each item in the galaxy in question at the same time, teleporting it at the same time and reassemble it at the same time. Maybe I'm laying more into the words then fair is, but that is the way I see it.

galactusischere
I think the main point of Galactusischere was to make a comparison between teleporting a Galaxy and destroying one, From my point of view teleporting a object, in accordance with Marvels definition

is at the least a feat fully comparable to destroying a Galaxy, because you have to break apart each item in the galaxy in question at the same time, teleporting it at the same time and reassemble it at the same time. Maybe I'm laying more into the words then fair is, but that is the way I see it. thumb up

Tenebrous

is at the least a feat fully comparable to destroying a Galaxy, because you have to break apart each item in the galaxy in question at the same time, teleporting it at the same time and reassemble it at the same time. Maybe I'm laying more into the words then fair is, but that is the way I see it.

I kind of agree with both of you here. In both instances (destruction, teleportation) you exert enough energy such that at some stage, the galaxy is no longer where it used to be in both scenarios.

On the one hand you forcibly rupture the natural environment, on the other you disassemble.

I suppose it's like trying to destroy a brick wall using a large object or tool (wrecking ball), vs. removing the wall in its entirety by breaking the mortar in between and removing it brick by brick, and then setting it up somewhere else (using a much more precise and systematic method than wrecking ball). However in this case, the a galaxy is the brick wall, and the atoms are bricks.

I don't remember my college physics too well but there should be some relation between work, power, and energy somewhere in there.

In any event though...teleporting an entire galaxy is almost an incomprehensible feat...

a human being of average weight is comprised of a total of 7.0 X 10^27 atoms...that's a 7 with 27 ZEROS after it. multiply that number by 6 billion and you get 42.0 X 10^36 atoms for people alone. Then factor in x amount of atoms for man-made structures such as homes and cars and skyscrapers etc, natural forests and various animals and insects, the oceans, which contain most of the life on earth, the continents themselves, the atmosphere, etc. etc. and you have some incomprehensibly large number.

2. Then include the planets, which are multiples of times larger than earth. Include the kepler belt and all the moons, asteroids comets whatever.

3. Take the result of #1 and multiply it by 1 million, since 1 million earths can fit inside the sun

4. after some amount of calculation you have the number of atoms in our solar system. Some wildly large number.

5. There are billions of solar systems in a galaxy. So whatever number from #4 multiplied by something in excess of 50 billion

Those are all the atoms Galactus will have...stored somewhere...after he breaks down every single molecular structure in a galaxy down to atoms, recall the exact physical arrangement of all those atoms, then reconstitute them in every exacting detail. It's pretty incredible if you think about it...and requires much more precision and skill than destroying a galaxy...though as to say which one requires more exertion of energy/power...i dont know.

Tenebrous
I kind of agree with both of you here. In both instances (destruction, teleportation) you exert enough energy such that at some stage, the galaxy is no longer where it used to be in both scenarios.

On the one hand you forcibly rupture the natural environment, on the other you disassemble.

I suppose it's like trying to destroy a brick wall using a large object or tool (wrecking ball), vs. removing the wall in its entirety by breaking the mortar in between and removing it brick by brick, and then setting it up somewhere else (using a much more precise and systematic method than wrecking ball). However in this case, the a galaxy is the brick wall, and the atoms are bricks.

I don't remember my college physics too well but there should be some relation between work, power, and energy somewhere in there.

In any event though...teleporting an entire galaxy is almost an incomprehensible feat...

a human being of average weight is comprised of a total of 7.0 X 10^27 atoms...that's a 7 with 27 ZEROS after it. multiply that number by 6 billion and you get 42.0 X 10^36 atoms for people alone. Then factor in x amount of atoms for man-made structures such as homes and cars and skyscrapers etc, natural forests and various animals and insects, the oceans, which contain most of the life on earth, the continents themselves, the atmosphere, etc. etc. and you have some incomprehensibly large number.

2. Then include the planets, which are multiples of times larger than earth. Include the kepler belt and all the moons, asteroids comets whatever.

3. Take the result of #1 and multiply it by 1 million, since 1 million earths can fit inside the sun

4. after some amount of calculation you have the number of atoms in our solar system. Some wildly large number.

5. There are billions of solar systems in a galaxy. So whatever number from #4 multiplied by something in excess of 50 billion

Those are all the atoms Galactus will have...stored somewhere...after he breaks down every single molecular structure in a galaxy down to atoms, recall the exact physical arrangement of all those atoms, then reconstitute them in every exacting detail. It's pretty incredible if you think about it...and requires much more precision and skill than destroying a galaxy...though as to say which one requires more exertion of energy/power...i dont know.

Actually, this type of question intrigues me. I'm watching "The Universe" on history channel right now and while I know this is comics, in terms of the question "which requires more energy, teleporting a galaxy or destroying it" it appears to be the former.

The episode just discussed how teleporting would actually work in real life.

Earlier I mentioned that a human being who weighs around 150 pounds has 7 X 10^27 atoms that make up him or her. Now according to this episode of "The Universe" that I am watching, in order to transport 1 person you must have a tremendous amount of energy. that amount of energy is vast...you apparently need 41 times the power of the largest yield nuclear weapon on earth. Therefore, to transport one person, the energy required for such a task is 41 nuclear warheads of the largest yield. That's certainly a lot of destructive power required to move just 1 person. Multiplied by 6 billion, then the earth, the solar system, billions of solar systems...that's a lot of nuclear warheads' worth of energy required.

Juntai
Actually, this type of question intrigues me. I'm watching "The Universe" on history channel right now and while I know this is comics, in terms of the question "which requires more energy, teleporting a galaxy or destroying it" it appears to be the former.

The episode just discussed how teleporting would actually work in real life.

Earlier I mentioned that a human being who weighs around 150 pounds has 7 X 10^27 atoms that make up him or her. Now according to this episode of "The Universe" that I am watching, in order to transport 1 person you must have a tremendous amount of energy. that amount of energy is vast...you apparently need 41 times the power of the largest yield nuclear weapon on earth. Therefore, to transport one person, the energy required for such a task is 41 nuclear warheads of the largest yield. That's certainly a lot of destructive power required to move just 1 person. Multiplied by 6 billion, then the earth, the solar system, billions of solar systems...that's a lot of nuclear warheads' worth of energy required. I don't think the writers consider that really.

They teleported a planet with a zeta beam. lol.

Speaking of that energy required though, how much energy was required in COIE when Monitor teleported 5 universes?

galactusischere
Originally posted by Juntai
I don't think the writers consider that really.

They teleported a planet with a zeta beam. lol.

Speaking of that energy required though, how much energy was required in COIE when Monitor teleported 5 universes?

alot more than one galaxy

Omega Vision
alot more than one galaxy
Going by sci fi scale: a million exploding suns! laughing out loud
Realistically more energy than exists in all those Universes put together.

Tenebrous
Going by sci fi scale: a million exploding suns! laughing out loud
Realistically more energy than exists in all those Universes put together.

yes that's probably the answer. I mean in comics it's all well and good but for me personally that's always been part of the draw of reading cosmic characters. When you actually sit back and take in that "suspension of disbelief" and say ok what if there's really something like Imperiex or something like Galactus roaming somewhere, and suppose they do the type of shit they do...how does one really comprehend that? In comics these types of feats are as ubiquitous as pigeons on the street so it takes away from it somewhat, but sitting back and just putting some rational thought into "ok how exactly would a real life Galactus do that" or "what would a real Eternity be like" is just incomprehensible...which I believe was the original intent by the creators for all these cosmic characters.

Lord Feron

Glactus fills a funtional need of the MU. Without him order is lost and ****ing abaxes comes and ruins everything.

Imperix, thinks he is doing a function but not really. He has no purpose but his own. Without him the DCU can go on just fine. Imperiex just imposes his will because he thinks he has a better idea of what the DCU should be. Very different from what Galactus intent/purpose.

Lord Feron
yes that's probably the answer. I mean in comics it's all well and good but for me personally that's always been part of the draw of reading cosmic characters. When you actually sit back and take in that "suspension of disbelief" and say ok what if there's really something like Imperiex or something like Galactus roaming somewhere, and suppose they do the type of shit they do...how does one really comprehend that? In comics these types of feats are as ubiquitous as pigeons on the street so it takes away from it somewhat, but sitting back and just putting some rational thought into "ok how exactly would a real life Galactus do that" or "what would a real Eternity be like" is just incomprehensible...which I believe was the original intent by the creators for all these cosmic characters.

if there was a real imperiex or Galactus. we would be soo ****ing boned... Hell who knows maybe he does exist and only comes every couple of billions of years and wipes everything out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.