Silver Surfer and Hal Jordan vs. Thor and Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zeuodin
rock and roll. No Exploiting weaknesses. Just pummel and using other tricks. No Teleporting people away or none of that stuff.

xJLxKing
Team 2 win. Without exploiting weakness, Superman>SS, or Thor>SS

same goes with Hal

DarkOdin
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Team 2 win. Without exploiting weakness, Superman>SS, or Thor>SS

same goes with Hal

2x

Naija boy
Team 2 win. Without exploiting weakness, Superman>SS, or Thor >SS

False.Surfer > superman regardless

Philosophía
Team 2.

psycho gundam
people are underestimating hal here

Zeuodin
Originally posted by psycho gundam
people are underestimating hal here Very much So.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Naija boy
False.Surfer > superman regardless

laughing out loud

sorry. i actually lol'd, funnily enough.

anyways, team 2, but by the slimmest of margins...

Naija boy
Originally posted by -Pr-
laughing out loud

sorry. i actually lol'd, funnily enough.

anyways, team 2, but by the slimmest of margins...

heh.I dont see why stick out tongue

And oh team 1 ftw.

Mindship
Team 1 > Team 2

Power & Versatility + Power & Versatility > Power & Versatility + Power

Bouboumaster
Team 1.
Thor seems to came back to his classic lvl, while Surfer recently stomped BRB.
Which makes him the biggest gun.

batdude123
Originally posted by Mindship
Team 1 > Team 2

Power & Versatility + Power & Versatility > Power & Versatility + Power

So Iron Man beats World War Hulk because, even though they're both powerful, Iron Man is more versatile?

Mindship
Power Level has to be comparable, otherwise Power Alone can trump power + versatility.

batdude123
Power Level has to be comparable, otherwise Power Alone can trump power + versatility.

Versatility is versatility, nothing more.

What matters most is combat effectiveness.

Mindship
Originally posted by batdude123

What matters most is combat effectiveness. So who's not effective in combat here?

Basically, I'm saying that Surfer, Hal, Thor and Supes are roughly equal in power (and combat effectiveness). But Superman's comparative lack of versatility is a disadvantage here.

batdude123
So who's not effective in combat here?

Basically, I'm saying that Surfer, Hal, Thor and Supes are roughly equal in power (and combat effectiveness). But Superman's comparative lack of versatility is a disadvantage here.

And I'm saying Superman's "lack of versatility" is never really an issue because he's consistently portrayed as the most combat effective hero out there.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Team 1.

hey , are there any scans of this floating about do you can direct me to? Any Herald stomping BRB is a big feat.

Naija boy

What matters most is combat effectiveness.

All the characters here will have similar levels of combat effectiveness as they all will be utilizing their abilities to the fullest. Then given similar levels of combat effectiveness and "power", versatility will certainly make a difference.

DarkOdin
All the characters here will have similar levels of combat effectiveness as they all will be utilizing their abilities to the fullest. Then given similar levels of combat effectiveness and "power", versatility will certainly make a difference. thumb up

Spire
Team 2.

batdude123
All the characters here will have similar levels of combat effectiveness as they all will be utilizing their abilities to the fullest. Then given similar levels of combat effectiveness and "power", versatility will certainly make a difference.

Character "X" having 10 different ways of smashing an object as opposed to character "Y" having 1 way of doing it doesn't mean that character X has the advantage. Especially considering the fact that character Y's way of doing it is just as efficient as anything character X can do.

Versatility isn't the deciding factor here.

Mindship
And I'm saying Superman's "lack of versatility" is never really an issue because he's consistently portrayed as the most combat effective hero out there.
In comics, I agree. Superman makes excellent use of his powerset, typically better than, say, Thor, who tends to do a lot of brawling and pummeling, or Surfer, who zips about blasting.

But my understanding is, in the forum, we grant that any character will use his/her powerset to fullest potential. So given what Superman can do with his (closed) powerset, imagine what the other three could accomplish with their open powersets. As is, they often have to be dumbed down so writers can consistently (more/less) fashion effective stories.

Naija boy
Character "X" having 10 different ways of smashing an object as opposed to character "Y" having 1 way of doing it doesn't mean that character X has the advantage. Especially considering the fact that character Y's way of doing it is just as efficient as anything character X can do.

Versatility isn't the deciding factor here.

To take ur use of character X and Y but put it in a different light,
Characters Xs versatility gives him defensive options that character Y doesnt have( forcefields and such in addition to durability). Not only that, but character X versatility also gives him ways to take out the character Y without forcefully smashing it (energy absorption as opposed to blasts) or at least soften the object up and make it easier to smash. This is considerably more efficient than character Ys method of simply attempting to smash character X who in addition to being extremely durable has extra defences.

Hence versatility is a big advantage in this scenario.

BattleMage
Team 2 for the stomp. Hals the weak link!

batdude123
In comics, I agree. Superman makes excellent use of his powerset, typically better than, say, Thor, who tends to do a lot of brawling and pummeling, or Surfer, who zips about blasting.

But my understanding is, in the forum, we grant that any character will use his/her powerset to fullest potential. So given what Superman can do with his (closed) powerset, imagine what the other three could accomplish with their open powersets. As is, they often have to be dumbed down so writers can consistently (more/less) fashion effective stories.

Thing is though, Superman, while having a relatively closed power set, is still just as effective as them in battle related scenarios.

More options don't = more wins.

To take ur use of character X and Y but put it in a different light,
Characters Xs versatility gives him defensive options that character Y doesnt have( forcefields and such in addition to durability). Not only that, but character X versatility also gives him ways to take out the character Y without forcefully smashing it (energy absorption as opposed to blasts) or at least soften the object up and make it easier to smash. This is considerably more efficient than character Y simply attempting to smash character X who in addition to being extremely durable has extra defences.

Hence versatility is a big advantage in this scenario.

Which translates into "I have to do 'this,' and then 'this,' and then 'this,' etc. in order to accomplish my task." Whereas character Y just does it.

jrodslam
Team 1.

Mindship
More options don't = more wins. Not necessarily. It could, especially when (forum-ruled) opponents are fairly evenly matched in other factors.

Spire
Lol.

What does versatility matter when, apparently, Surfer is so much more powerful than Superman that he just blasts him and 1 shots him or punches him and he explodes.

Naija boy

Which translates into "I have to do 'this,' and then 'this,' and then 'this,' etc. in order to accomplish my task." Whereas character Y just does it.

Not really. It actually makes his task alot easier and his opponents task alot harder. Its actually like "I can do this to accomplish my task or combine this and this and accomplish my task in half the time while making ur task twice as hard"

Character "Y" just does it using his one way but it will take far longer to take down X than vice versa because of Xs versatility.

BattleMage
Agreed ^

carver9
I cant believe that people are actually saying that superman is as powerful as a guy that blowed up a planet just by powering up and destroyed a universe.

Spire
Originally posted by carver9
I cant believe that people are actually saying that superman is as powerful as a guy that blowed up a planet just by powering up and destroyed a universe.

Failol.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9

facepalm

Kris Blaze
How Hal, who rely on a set charge, can be as powerful as the rest of these 3, makes no sense to me. There's a guy who's known and fought alongside him for 20 years or so, and there's a god with insane absorbing abilities.

In fact, the ring's limits seems to be just a big a weakness for Hal, as the kryptonite thing for Superman.

carver9
Originally posted by Spire
Failol.

I did fail on that post, not universe but galaxy. He also consumed an entire sun. Took punches from tenebris and aegis. Physically dominated abraxas. Followed a beam of light that was going light speed to its destination. Hell, the list goes on; Silver surfer and Thor is the most powerful, next is Superman, than Orion.

Placidity
Originally posted by Spire
Surfer punches him and he explodes.

Wut.

Slaanesh
team 1..
Surfer > Thor
Hal > Supes

manx422
Team 2

juggernaut74
Team 1.

The Nuul
Split.....

No exploting weakness makes this much more closer of a fight.

However I do want to say T1 wins because Thor doesnt have Odinforce anymore and we havent see him in action for the last few issues. I want to see Hal beat Supes but will prob loose.

Kris Blaze
So Thor loses because you haven't seen him in action lately? no expression

The Nuul
After he lost his Odin power, we dont know what his limit is. But he wont be what he was with it.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by The Nuul
After he lost his Odin power, we dont know what his limit is.

Seems like he's back to his original levels. At first he was a bit down in the dumps about the deal with his grandfather, but he seems to be doing okay now.

The Nuul
Thats a safe estimate, yes. But we will have to wait and find out.

xJLxKing
He is currently depowered. His mental state is very bad. He doesn't want to hurt nobody after killing his GF

Warlord
^ GirlFriend?

xJLxKing
Grandfather big grin but close

Warlord
Grandfather big grin but close

got u there..... stick out tongue

OneDumbG0
Few people pummel better than Thor and Superman. And Hal is the weak-link here. Unless they start pumping each other with power for devastating shots, this is a bit one-sided.

Team 2 8/10.

ColossusGrundy
Hal has KO'd supes before and can do it again.

Thor and SS..........good fight, but I really think (here come the Superman fanboys when I say this) that Hal can finish off Supes and tip the scales in SS's favor.

Team 1.

OneDumbG0
^ My memory be hazy, which instance are you referring to where Hal KO'ed Superman?

ColossusGrundy
Hal Ko'd Supes after he gave up the Parallax power the first time, he took Kyle's ring and KO'd Supes with it.

John took out Supes himself once. A GOOD GL is nothing to underestimate. I admit most of the now 7200 are scrubs, but Hal and the like are in a league of their own.

Kris Blaze
He is currently depowered. His mental state is very bad. He doesn't want to hurt nobody after killing his GF

Which changed in his annual. He overcame the fear of accidentally killing someone.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Which changed in his annual. He overcame the fear of accidentally killing someone.
I read it, and it didn't end. He only gained a little extra confidence in himself. Black, or whatever his name is still called him a coward, and Thor acknowledged it

Kris Blaze
I read it, and it didn't end. He only gained a little extra confidence in himself. Black, or whatever his name is still called him a coward, and Thor acknowledged it

Doesn't matter what they said, at the end we saw that Thor was able to KO the guy he was barely able to affect earlier on. Shows a distinct increase in power.

xJLxKing
Doesn't matter what they said, at the end we saw that Thor was able to KO the guy he was barely able to affect earlier on. Shows a distinct increase in power.
And that means he is at full power? Maybe he just gained some confidence like I said.

Kris Blaze
And that means he is at full power? Maybe he just gained some confidence like I said.

He went from being able to take out someone who was clearly his superior before no expression

xJLxKing
He went from being able to take out someone who was clearly his superior before no expression
Again, how does that mean he is back at full strength? Unless you are suggesting that it takes a full powered Thor to beat that same opponent?

Kris Blaze
Again, how does that mean he is back at full strength? Unless you are suggesting that it takes a full powered Thor to beat that same opponent?

I think it would.

xJLxKing
I think it would.
I think we are done here wink
We'll just have to wait for the next issue

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Hal Ko'd Supes after he gave up the Parallax power the first time, he took Kyle's ring and KO'd Supes with it.

John took out Supes himself once. A GOOD GL is nothing to underestimate. I admit most of the now 7200 are scrubs, but Hal and the like are in a league of their own. I don't recall him saying he was giving up the Parallax power or limiting himself. Although he hadn't had his power fully replenished by Ganthet until after the fight, it's debatable whether he was also using his residual Parallax energies or not. Also, and much more importantly, the mullet haircut Superman was sporting clearly made him weaker.

When did Stewart take out Superman?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
When did Stewart take out Superman?

Rebirth, hit Superman's eyes with two beams.

It was a complete cheap shot though.

OneDumbG0
^ He did hurt him, but I don't recall Superman being KO'ed.

Konton
Team 1.

SS > Thor > Hal = Superman

StyleTime
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ He did hurt him, but I don't recall Superman being KO'ed.
It's hard to determine whether Superman was unconscious or not. The scene changed after Superman hit the ground. Hal's ring later shows John had time to take down the other heroes present and gain a hold of Wonder Woman during Kal's recovery though. If Superman wasn't koed, he was rocked pretty hard.

UniOmni
Superman was out. Reread Rebirth.

Team one loses.

Philosophía
There's no evidence of Superman being knocked out.

Juntai
Still a difference between fighting an ally you don't want to hurt and being confused of the situation and stuff, and being in a forum battle against them too.

Kris Blaze
While some might think that seeing as you can't really flex your eyeballs, being able to prepare for the attack wouldn't have made a difference. But there is no way John would've been able to eye-laser an aware Superman. The attack might have done as much damage, but Superman has his own set of lasers.

No GL is eye-blasting Supes when he's firing his heat vision.

StyleTime
I don't think anyone denies it was a cheap shot that may not achieve the same goal under different circumstances. In fact, the trick is nigh useless if Superman fights back.

Still, Superman was functionally out of the battle for at least a small amount of time.

-Pr-
Supes wasn't even looking for a fight. He was trying to figure out if John was ok. People trying to use this as some sort of feat is laughable imo.

Kris Blaze
Supes wasn't even looking for a fight. He was trying to figure out if John was ok. People trying to use this as some sort of feat is laughable imo.

Like we've established for the millionth time, John attacked Superman when he was unaware. You don't need to reinforce that once again.

But like I also said, if that attack landed on an aware Superman, what could he do? Kal could stop the attack from reaching him with his heat vision and speed. But this doesn't say anything about his durability, if an attack like that did strike him again, it would affect him in just the same manner. But an attack like that won't hit him again, not here.

-Pr-
Like we've established for the millionth time, John attacked Superman when he was unaware. You don't need to reinforce that once again.

But like I also said, if that attack landed on an aware Superman, what could he do? Kal could stop the attack from reaching him with his heat vision and speed. But this doesn't say anything about his durability, if an attack like that did strike him again, it would affect him in just the same manner. But an attack like that won't hit him again, not here.

pr1983

Kris Blaze
pr1983

Is he going to flex his eyes?

xJLxKing

No, you are wrong

Kris Blaze
No, you are wrong

About what?

xJLxKing
About what?

Kris Blaze

What would be different?

It's his eyes.

xJLxKing
What would be different?

It's his eyes.
Eye lids! flinching of the muscles around the eye

-Pr-
Anyone who seriously wants to contend that John could take Superman has this beauty to contend with:

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii378/prsupes/th_AOS642-2.jpg http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii378/prsupes/th_AOS642-3.jpg http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii378/prsupes/th_AOS642-4.jpg

so, yeah...

Kris Blaze
Eye lids! flinching of the muscles around the eye

Okay, good point.

Closing his eyes could make a difference.

xJLxKing
Okay, good point.

Closing his eyes could make a difference.
Yeah confused

Juntai
Anyone who seriously wants to contend that John could take Superman has this beauty to contend with:

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii378/prsupes/th_AOS642-2.jpg http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii378/prsupes/th_AOS642-3.jpg http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii378/prsupes/th_AOS642-4.jpg

so, yeah... Not to mention the other fight where Supes effectively faught him and Captain Atom, and like a dozen or so other guys at once in Superman Batman.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Juntai
Not to mention the other fight where Supes effectively faught him and Captain Atom, and like a dozen or so other guys at once in Superman Batman.

ooh, i'd forgotten that one.

what they have in common: john is TRYING to put superman down/contain him.

in Rebirth, Superman isn't.

Kris Blaze
So yeah Paul?

So falugging what.

You seem to be reading what you want.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Juntai
Not to mention the other fight where Supes effectively faught him and Captain Atom, and like a dozen or so other guys at once in Superman Batman.
ooh, i'd forgotten that one.

what they have in common: john is TRYING to put superman down/contain him.

in Rebirth, Superman isn't.
Guys, most of us aren't commenting on whether John could take Superman or not. You're extracting more from those posts than was typed.

-Pr-
So yeah Paul?

So falugging what.

You seem to be reading what you want.

quiet goldilocks, there are men talking.

Originally posted by StyleTime
Guys, most of us aren't commenting on whether John could take Superman or not. You're extracting more from those posts than was typed.

that, and i'm just really bored.

and i did say "for anyone"

all it takes is 1.

DarkOdin
quiet goldilocks, there are men talking.

. laughing On snap he went Ben Grimm on his Thor loving @$$

batdude123

so, yeah...

Plus Public Enemies...

StyleTime

that, and i'm just really bored.

and i did say "for anyone"

all it takes is 1.
I gotcha. It must be Kris's fault.

Kris Blaze
John can't even take the human flame.

Philosophía
Plus Public Enemies...

Fail.

Juntai blitz-knowledged you.

-Pr-
Originally posted by StyleTime
I gotcha. It must be Kris's fault.

works for me.

John can't even take the human flame.

laughing out loud

batdude123

-Pr-
1pimpslap

let me guess, that's juntai on the left?

StyleTime
laughing I'd forgotten how awesome this forum can be.

DarkOdin
let me guess, that's juntai on the left? laughing PR on fire today

batdude123
let me guess, that's juntai on the left?

And Philo on the right.

And you watching in the corner, jealous of Philo.

Philosophía
Juntai is tall and fit. The same as me.

So those chubby guys are neither of us. Considering you're the one nicknamed fatnude, I'd say you're one of them.

Or maybe that's just a literal representation of your cum-related self-splashing abstract fantasies. So in a twist of fate, those are both you.

batdude123

Philosophía
Hey, **** you.

Like I said, that was all about the angle in which the picture was taken.

batdude123

Juntai
laughing @ thread.

Philosophía
Indeed. I got a view from the other angle. The image still gives me nightmares. sad The one with my penis flapping and strangling people left and right ?

Were you the guy watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on his laptop that got up and ran away crying ?

batdude123

Zeuodin
First of all, your penis couldn't strangle an ant.

Second of all... yes. uhuh
That was kinda funny.

Philosophía
First of all, your penis couldn't strangle an ant.

Second of all... yes. uhuh

With its circumference, that'd be like trying to put a chokehold on it. So you're right, that is physically impossible. uhuh

batdude123

Philosophía
Your fat swallowed what little of a penis you ever had into your body. biscuits

You...

Y...

Pah.

You're right.

-Pr-
And Philo on the right.

And you watching in the corner, jealous of Philo.

you're just pissed cos you weren't invited.

h1a8
This is a great thread. IMO SS>Thor and Superman>Hal so I don't know yet. Let me think some more.

Mindset

Philosophía
Just the way you like it.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Team 1.

If that's the case.... im gonna have to go with
Surfer/GL 5.5/10
If you say he stomped Beta Ray Bill, BRB aint no Thor. So close one to call. Surfer just a little too much to handle. With Hal along, that's quite a combo. Supes and Thor's brute strength (we're talking about planet crushing strength here btw) will make it real tough for that cosmic duo. So once again it's gonna be real close.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
If that's the case.... im gonna have to go with
Surfer/GL 5.5/10
If you say he stomped Beta Ray Bill, BRB aint no Thor. So close one to call. Surfer just a little too much to handle. With Hal along, that's quite a combo. Supes and Thor's brute strength (we're talking about planet crushing strength here btw) will make it real tough for that cosmic duo. So once again it's gonna be real close.
Thor beat SS big grin

batdude123
Thor beat SS big grin

Thor turns Silver Surfer into salt.

xJLxKing
Thor turns Silver Surfer into salt. cool

celeyhyga17
Thor beat SS big grin

In terms of straight up power level....the 4 in question are about equal as you can get. But that cosmic duo has versatility(there goes that annoying word again =P) in their favor. Since Hal is really just human protected by his ring's aura, the key is for him to survive a blitz from the 2 powerhouses as well as avoid a long drawn out battle. I think Hal and Norrin can and have to beat the 2 midway through the fight since an extended battle will be tough on Hal i believe since. The other 3 have an almost inexhaustible source of stamina and power.

batdude123
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Since Hal is really just human protected by his ring's aura, the key is for him to survive a blitz from the 2 powerhouses as well as avoid a long drawn out battle.

Indeed.

Thor is all blitz in his battles.

roughrider
Thor vs. Silver Surfer is one of those stalemates I can't make up my mind over. So it comes down to Superman vs. Hal...I think Superman wins. So, Team 2.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Juk3n
hey , are there any scans of this floating about do you can direct me to? Any Herald stomping BRB is a big feat.

Yeah. I was wondering about that too. I'm guessing it's from Godhunter TPB. The one with Beta Ray Bill Crushing planets right b4 Galactus gets to finalize his feedding in order for him to starve. Post some scans!!!

quanchi112
Originally posted by roughrider
Thor vs. Silver Surfer is one of those stalemates I can't make up my mind over. So it comes down to Superman vs. Hal...I think Superman wins. So, Team 2. How can't you make up your mind about that when it's clearly Thor.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I think Team 2 take this 7/10. I know people like Hal a lot but I just think SS has too much weight to carry in this fight and it won't be enough.

-Pr-
Originally posted by quanchi112
How can't you make up your mind about that when it's clearly Thor.

what do you mean "clearly"

its a close fight either way.

kgkg
How can't you make up your mind about that when it's clearly Thor. Yes it's very Clear.

quanchi112
what do you mean "clearly"

its a close fight either way. Against the Surfer? What? The guy curbed him twice in one story. Prior to that Surfer even agreed Thor is more powerful in their first fight in which the Surfer was amped by Loki.

-Pr-
Against the Surfer? What? The guy curbed him twice in one story. Prior to that Surfer even agreed Thor is more powerful in their first fight in which the Surfer was amped by Loki.

surfer and thor are peers. they always have been.

quanchi112
surfer and thor are peers. they always have been. If Thor goes all out he's just too much for the Surfer. That was proven in blood and thunder.

-Pr-
If Thor goes all out he's just too much for the Surfer. That was proven in blood and thunder.

i think thor would win, personally. i'm just saying that he's not going to get 10/10, nor should he.

all out surfer vs all out thor wouldnt be a stomp in either man's favour.

quanchi112
i think thor would win, personally. i'm just saying that he's not going to get 10/10, nor should he.

all out surfer vs all out thor wouldnt be a stomp in either man's favour. I don't think he'd win all ten either I just mean it's obvious to me anyways he takes a clear majority.

-Pr-
I don't think he'd win all ten either I just mean it's obvious to me anyways he takes a clear majority.

then that's wonderful for you.

quanchi112
then that's wonderful for you. And Thor. Mostly Thor.

-Pr-
And Thor. Mostly Thor.

i'm sure he's cringing right now.

quanchi112
i'm sure he's cringing right now. I will wield the hammer come feb. Look out kmc.

batdude123
I will wield the hammer come feb. Look out kmc.

facepalm

quanchi112
facepalm So do you think the jla fight against Thor should be valid or not?

batdude123
So do you think the jla fight against Thor should be valid or not?

My dials will go to 11 come February.

quanchi112
My dials will go to 11 come February. They'll need to go higher.

batdude123
They'll need to go higher.

Be careful what you wish for.

-Pr-
I will wield the hammer come feb. Look out kmc.

just keep it in your pants e-toughguy.

quanchi112
Be careful what you wish for. I think I'll be ok. Originally posted by -Pr-
just keep it in your pants e-toughguy. Don't tell me what to do.
stick out tongue

KuRuPT Thanosi
My dials will go to 11 come February.

WTF did you change your avatar? I need something late at night to help me.. ummmm yeah... HAHA

batdude123
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
WTF did you change your avatar? I need something late at night to help me.. ummmm yeah... HAHA

I had to change it.

I was starting to get too obsessed with her. embarrasment

h1a8
Actually I don't agree with any of Thor vs. Silver Surfer fights.
Theoretically Surfer should demolish Thor everytime. I mean SS has light speed reflexes, able to move very fast, can amp strength far beyond Thor's, can phase through Thor's attacks, can create shields, can absorb energy, can create black holes, etc. Thor beating Surfer is not only ridiculous but contradictory to comics.

So I say that since SS>Thor and Superman>Hal then each team gets 5/10.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Actually I don't agree with any of Thor vs. Silver Surfer fights.
Theoretically Surfer should demolish Thor everytime. I mean SS has light speed reflexes, able to move very fast, can amp strength far beyond Thor's, can phase through Thor's attacks, can create shields, can absorb energy, can create black holes, etc. Thor beating Surfer is not only ridiculous but contradictory to comics.

So I say that since SS>Thor and Superman>Hal then each team gets 5/10. We don't ignore the comics over here. Thor has stomped the Surfer and you acted like it's contradictory is further proof you are clueless about what happens inside the books themselves.

Slaanesh
Surfer should beat Thor..when he's serious..he actually stomp BRB..that means he can beat Thor..

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Surfer should beat Thor..when he's serious..he actually stomp BRB..that means he can beat Thor..
No. Thor is far greater than BRB. Thor has more powers. Uses them more. Thor could soul suck Surfer dry.

Slaanesh
BS..he can't soul suck Surfer..and Thor is not far greater than BRB..

darthgoober
Originally posted by Zeuodin
No. Thor is far greater than BRB. Thor has more powers. Uses them more. Thor could soul suck Surfer dry.
Surfer resisted a "soul suck" from the Soul Gem, I doubt Thor would fare any better.

h1a8
We don't ignore the comics over here. Thor has stomped the Surfer and you acted like it's contradictory is further proof you are clueless about what happens inside the books themselves.

So what if Spider-man stomps Firelord everytime they meet and what if Firelord stomps or stalemates Silver Surfer every time they meet? . What would you say?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>