Wolverine vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deadline
a) Wolverine vs Thor with hammer, no lightning or long range attacks
b) Wolverine vs Thor no hammer.

Originally posted by jinzin
Uh
Yeah.... it IS what it does. no expression

Wolverine was nimbly avoiding Thor during the melee confrontation. Dodging Thor's fiercest blows (yeah that sounds like he's holding back), and commenting in disbelief at Wolverine's speed. He even flat out admits he has to change tactics because his durability won't hold out forever in the h2h fight...
I don't know how much more it could have been emphasized to help illustrate the point that Wolverine was faster. But you know better don'tcha?

And yeah, multiple times it's been argued whether or not Wolverine could cut Thor, period.

And yeah Wolverine can take Thor's shots... aside from the fact that his entire career fighting bricks would support this, we see Thor give him a double fisted hammer strike and Wolverine's immediately getting up... Was Thor AT THAT POINT holding back cause it sure didn't appear that way when he blasted Logan right after. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah Wolverine can beat Thor in a melee confrontation... as was displayed... Thor's "advantage won't last forever" is pretty damned conclusive evidence that he didn't think he was about to win otherwise in a long term battle and he innadvertantly admits he's not only trying to hit Wolverine but trying to do it with his fiercest blows.... but you know better don'tcha?

Typical Wolvie hatin' at it's best, ignore the parts that make wolverine look good while reading into crap that isn't there to suggest he didn't do as well as he looked on panel... *yawn*

Warlord
oh please..... bunny

Eternal Idol
So both are melee scenarios?

a) Wolverine 6/10
b) Wolverine, 8/10

Deadline
Yes.

Juk3n
Wolverines Combat speed/reactions are apparently in a league above Thors.

Thor loses, being a God, is akin to being a vampire in the marvel universe. They're just titles and mean close to nothing.

Thor can't win here, Logan out damages, outlasts, out manuvers, out fights, he plain out does Thor in every physical catagory bar strength.

Endless Mike
Realistically? Thor

Warlord
Thor anytime. One punch from Namor took him ouThor won't have much trouble

Juk3n
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Realistically? Thor

slash across the eyes says it's game over, and by Thors own admition he has serious trouble hitting wolverine in a melee confrontation.

Deadline
Originally posted by Juk3n
Wolverines Combat speed/reactions are apparently in a league above Thors.

Thor loses, being a God, is akin to being a vampire in the marvel universe. They're just titles and mean close to nothing.

Thor can't win here, Logan out damages, outlasts, out manuvers, out fights, he plain out does Thor in every physical catagory bar strength.

Thats not actually what the scans showed. It didn't show that he was leagues faster. There are also scans which show Thor being able to handle people with FTL speed.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Deadline
Thats not actually what the scans showed. It didn't show that he was leagues faster. There are also scans which show Thor being able to handle people with FTL speed.

Well what is it? He can either stop people who arfe moving at ftl speed, or he Can't hit an agile Wolverine. If either of those is true, than the Other MUST be PIS...

Deadline
Well what is it? He can either stop people who arfe moving at ftl speed, or he Can't hit an agile Wolverine. If either of those is true, than the Other MUST be PIS...

Um he can hit an agile Wolverine.

slash across the eyes says it's game over, and by Thors own admition he has serious trouble hitting wolverine in a melee confrontation.

No he wasn't thats an exaggeration. First of all he was holding back, secondly he stated that his durability could resist Wolverines claws. Just because he stated that it wouldn't last forever doesnt mean the fight would be over in seconds.

Warlord
writers tend to write all this kind of crap. Like Deathstrroke triping Flash.

I don't think there is anyone who believes that Flash has problems dodging or tagging DS due to this incident

Juk3n
Um he can hit an agile Wolverine.
just about, thats what i got from the fight, it didnt look like wolverine was giving it his best either and Thor was still had trouble.

No he wasn't thats an exaggeration. First of all he was holding back, secondly he stated that his durability could resist Wolverines claws. Just because he stated that it wouldn't last forever doesnt mean the fight would be over in seconds.

again, from the scan i saw wolverine get off -1- good rib slash and lo and behold, at the end of the fight Thor was bleeding from the rib. 1 slash, 1 bleeding wound, and that was through armro, (if thor wears any there, could just be clothing). From that fight, anyone would deduce that one clean eye slash would result in temp blindness for the duration of the fight.

He got slashed...and was bleeding..durability be damned. :/

Deadline
just about, thats what i got from the fight, it didnt look like wolverine was giving it his best either and Thor was still had trouble.

Wolverine thought he was Creed which means he was trying to kill him. Thor blocked a suprise attack from Wolverine, managed to grab his leg and connected with a hammer blow. That doesn't mean he can't hit Wolverine that means he would have some problems but Wolverine would still get hit.

again, from the scan i saw wolverine get off -1- good rib slash and lo and behold, at the end of the fight Thor was bleeding from the rib. 1 slash, 1 bleeding wound, and that was through armro, (if thor wears any there, could just be clothing). From that fight, anyone would deduce that one clean eye slash would result in temp blindness for the duration of the fight.

He might not even decide to do that how many times has he fought bricks and not done that. I could argue that Thor could win via BFR, or that he could have hit harder. Thor was clearly holding back. You notice how one hammer blow had Wolverine on the floor and he didn't get up to dodge the lightning?

He got slashed...and was bleeding..durability be damned. :/

Um Thor said it wasn't significant damage.

Juk3n

obviously it wasnt deep, thats not what i said. How deep does a wound to the eye s have to be to make them usless? Not very..id bet the same type of slash Thor recieved to the side, would have blinded him if it was across the eyes..and then what?

Starscream M
asssuming there's no bfr, wolverine could take majority in both scenarios.

thor would find it hard to put wolverine down, whereas Wolverine could inflict significant damage on thor with slash to the eyes or other sensitive regions

Warlord
Thor only needs a punch in the head.

Namor hit him jusy once to black him out

just saying...

Batman-Prime

Foolish warrior Pride.
Thor fights like an Warrior, brawling with pride. Wolverin is an martial arts expert. Weapon X was made to take out the Hulk. And he does pretty well in most of their encounters, at least he holds his ground for a while.
Against Red Hulk he did pretty well and even WWH needed some time to beat Logan.
With only his strength, his durability and his fighting skills I wouldn't give Thor the majority.
Strength is in Thors favours but he will need more hits then WWH before logan will go down.
Durability goes also to Thor. His skin and his armor might soften the dmg but not forever and even then not as good as WWH skin.
Speed, i think that Wolverine has the edge in here, sneaky bastard. Thor might fight opponents or tag them even on ftl speed, a lot of people do but still they get owned by enemies who aren't that fast. Except for the Flash, where it is PIS, it's just for the sake of the story.
Fighting Skills, Wolverine hands down. Yeah Thor is a great fighter with thousands years of battle experience but still just a warrior. Wolverine uses another kind of fighting technique, an more advanced one, it's superior to that of Thor. Or doesn anybody really think that an Viking Warrior from the past is an better h2h fighter then the best martial artist?

If Wolverine goes for the eyes and succeeds he will win, like against RULK big grin.

1. Wolverine 6/10 (because Mjolnir can be used to block the attacks)
2 Wolverine 8/10

Starscream M
Originally posted by Warlord
Thor only needs a punch in the head.

Namor hit him jusy once to black him out

just saying... WWH had to punch wolverine several times in a row to KO logan

WWH is SIGNIFICANTLY stronger than Namor

Wolverine's taken far more than one Namor punch to be put down.

so get that PIS outta here.

Starscream M
Wolverine actually did better against Rulk than either Thor or Hulk.

Warlord
PIS can work in many ways. If Namor can one shot Wolverine WWH fight could be PIS.

In addition Wolverine being faster than someone that can move fatser than Heimdal can see can be seen as PIS too.

It all has to do with which character you want to favor.

Juk3n

It all has to do with which character you want to favor.
or majority and consistant showings?

whats the ratio for logan going toe 2 toe with bricks and holding ground...to the times logan is 1 shotted?

laughable.

so based on consistant showings and thier most recent fight no less, Logan has a hell of a chance here.

Warlord
Originally posted by Starscream M

wolverine did much better than Uatu Grandmaster and Surfer...

we all know Loeb can't write confused

Batman-Prime
This is h2h only, no flying not magic powers. That is the only reason why I would give it to Logan. Thor with his normal powerset would always win 10/10.

H2H Mister X with Adamantium Katanas vs Thor? ;D

Starscream M
PIS can work in many ways. If Namor can one shot Wolverine WWH fight could be PIS.

In addition Wolverine being faster than someone that can move fatser than Heimdal can see can be seen as PIS too.

It all has to do with which character you want to favor. thats why we rely on majority showings

majority showings, Wolverine has taken far more than Namor's punch to be KOed....hence the Namor event was PIS

Parmaniac

Ever heard of bad writing?

seriously if we take out that Wolverine simply blinded Rulk, or better said let's take the whole fight away and put these 2 against each other with their feats they've accomplished, by that Wolverine would get annihilated by Rulk I hate it when people totally rely on a fight that was in a comic and then say that it would be here the same outcome.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Ever heard of bad writing?

seriously if we take out that Wolverine simply blinded Rulk, or better said let's take the whole fight away and put these 2 against each other with their feats they've accomplished, by that Wolverine would get annihilated by Rulk I hate it when people totally rely on a fight that was in a comic and then say that it would be here the same outcome.

I hate it when people rely on feats in comics and consider that what they like good writing, while dismissing other feats considering it bad writing and expecting others to accept their "common sense". Oh wait, isn't this not what KMC versus is for? wink

We talk about comics, it's no science and it's not serious.
It's just fun. Sharing the own view with others.
And since Loeb is quite successful, doing what he does, it can't be that bad :bag: .

Kris Blaze
Thor, hard.

and

and 6 pages of shit does not magically erase all of Thor's former showings. Being too fast for Adam Warlock to handle oughta be sufficient.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Thor, hard. which scenario?

Juk3n
Thor, hard.
is that based on his 1-slash 1-wound durablity? or The self stated "dodging my best shots"?

Warlord
or majority and consistant showings?

whats the ratio for logan going toe 2 toe with bricks and holding ground...to the times logan is 1 shotted?

laughable.

so based on consistant showings and thier most recent fight no less, Logan has a hell of a chance here.

Then we should be using the majority of Thor's speed showings. Guys like surfer Hyperion etc would laugh at Thor if his speed was just below Wolverine's

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I hate it when people rely on feats in comics and consider that what they like good writing, while dismissing other feats considering it bad writing and expecting others to accept their "common sense". Oh wait, isn't this not what KMC versus is for? wink

We talk about comics, it's no science and it's not serious.
It's just fun. Sharing the own view with others.
And since Loeb is quite successful, doing what he does, it can't be that bad :bag: .

Well a lot of children reading comics smile

I get your point but in this case really just look at how Rulk was portrayed before that and then suddenly *plop* he's a jobber and whinin' around for everything... It makes sense in a way cause he' becoming a good guy if I got it right

Warlord
thats why we rely on majority showings

majority showings, Wolverine has taken far more than Namor's punch to be KOed....hence the Namor event was PIS

just as wolverine being faster is PIS

Starscream M
Then we should be using the majority of Thor's speed showings. Guys like surfer Hyperion etc would laugh at Thor if his speed was just below Wolverine's he's fought hulk and hercules numerous times, and I don't ever recall thor having a speed advantage

Starscream M
just as wolverine being faster is PIS wolverine is faster than hulk

hulk's speed = thor's speed

wolverine is faster (not by much) than thor. Thor can still tag him imo.

Warlord
he's fought hulk and hercules numerous times, and I don't ever recall thor having a speed advantage

surfer and gladiator never seemed to have speed advantage against Hulk, would you consider them at the same speed tier?

Kris Blaze
is that based on his 1-slash 1-wound durablity? or The self stated "dodging my best shots"?

It's based off of me knowing more than the idiots who go by 1 online comic, which does not go on KMC according to rules, which completely contradicts Thor's earlier showings. Hell, the 6 pages long shit even contradicted itself, Thor did hit Wolverine, several times!

So I don't know whether it's the fact that you don't read the rules, do not read thor comics or simply can not see what is happening in the comics, but all three point towards you being an idiot and flat out wrong.

Starscream M
surfer and gladiator never seemed to have speed advantage against Hulk, would you consider them at the same speed tier? the difference is I've seen Surfer and Gladiator do speedblitz in a fight, so I know they're capable of that. I've never seen thor speedblitz anyone.

Warlord

hulk's speed = thor's speed

has Hulk ever been mentioned to be operating at lightspeed?

Starscream M
It's based off of me knowing more than the idiots who go by 1 online comic, which does not go on KMC according to rules, which completely contradicts Thor's earlier showings. Hell, the 6 pages long shit even contradicted itself, Thor did hit Wolverine, several times!

So I don't know whether it's the fact that you don't read the rules, do not read thor comics or simply can not see what is happening in the comics, but all three point towards you being an idiot and flat out wrong. kris, there's no need for such hostility.

Warlord
the difference is I've seen Surfer and Gladiator do speedblitz in a fight, so I know they're capable of that. I've never seen thor speedblitz anyone.

Avengers vol3 against Templar from the top of my head

Starscream M
has Hulk ever been mentioned to be operating at lightspeed? I don't care what someone is mentioned as doing...."sentry stalemates galactus" is mentioned but isn't shown, hence its worthless.

Show me Thor being faster in a fight against any capable fighter. Has any opponent of Thor's ever remarked on Thor's speed being impressive or overwhelming?

Kris Blaze
Avengers vol3 against Templar from the top of my head

Blood and Thunder when he fought Adam Warlock and Surfer.

Deadline

He might not even decide to do that how many times has he fought bricks and not done that. I could argue that Thor could win via BFR, or that he could have hit harder. Thor was clearly holding back. You notice how one hammer blow had Wolverine on the floor and he didn't get up to dodge the lightning?

obviously it wasnt deep, thats not what i said. How deep does a wound to the eye s have to be to make them usless? Not very..id bet the same type of slash Thor recieved to the side, would have blinded him if it was across the eyes..and then what?

Warlord
I don't care what someone is mentioned as doing...."sentry stalemates galactus" is mentioned but isn't shown, hence its worthless.

Show me Thor being faster in a fight against any capable fighter. Has any opponent of Thor's ever remarked on Thor's speed being impressive or overwhelming?

it was mentioned by the narator so it can't be denied.
Thor was faster than Heimdal's eyes. Everyone with average Asgardian knowledge knows what that means.

Thor was faster than Warlock as Kris pointed out

Deadline

and 6 pages of shit does not magically erase all of Thor's former showings. Being too fast for Adam Warlock to handle oughta be sufficient.

Thor FTW, closing.

DarkOdin
I don't care what someone is mentioned as doing...."sentry stalemates galactus" is mentioned but isn't shown, hence its worthless.

Show me Thor being faster in a fight against any capable fighter. Has any opponent of Thor's ever remarked on Thor's speed being impressive or overwhelming? Yes Hela has he was to quick to even touch him stick out tongue

Trackz
WWH had to punch wolverine several times in a row to KO logan

WWH is SIGNIFICANTLY stronger than Namor

Wolverine's taken far more than one Namor punch to be put down.

so get that PIS outta here. sentry hit him once to knock him out too.

it's also not as if thor would need to hit wolverine more than once, he's put people in the atmosphere with a punch and beaten down red hulk.

kgkg
Ya go Wolverine.

The Nuul
Thor shitstomps.

batdude123
Wolverine turns Thor into salt.

The Nuul
Uh ah........his HF would prevent that.

Omega Vision
What's with your salt obsession right now Batdude?

batdude123
Originally posted by Omega Vision
What's with your salt obsession right now Batdude?

***** I'll turn you into salt. uhuh

roughrider
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Realistically? Thor

Thor crushes Logan in both scenarios. Thanks for playing. wink

batdude123
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7013/gifbinhatersgonnahate.gif

D-Block
Thor with ease

celeyhyga17
Thor catches Logan and punches the flesh out of his adamantium bones. Brains and all!! Logan then starts to regenerate with a new set of skeletal muscle system. A new wolverine is born without the adamantium!!!! =P

DarkOdin
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Thor catches Logan and punches the flesh out of his adamantium bones. Brains and all!! Logan then starts to regenerate with a new set of skeletal muscle system. A new wolverine is born without the adamantium!!!! =P laughing Maybe Rulk will do that in their rematch

Battlehammer
lol, would aspect nothing less from mister Alf.

Battlehammer
oh and this has been done before. And you have even commented in the thread, so I find it difficult to understand why you create another entire thread?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Battlehammer
lol, would aspect nothing less from mister Alf. what do you mean?

Battlehammer
what do you mean?
Look at his first post in the thread and if you cant figure it out your self just forget about it.

Starscream M
Look at his first post in the thread and if you cant figure it out your self just forget about it. so what? he thinks thor wins? yet he created a scenario that Logan has a good shot of winning.

Not sure what you're babbling about.

guy222
if someone has posted the scans i will

been so busy

Battlehammer
so what? he thinks thor wins? yet he created a scenario that Logan has a good shot of winning.

Not sure what you're babbling about.
Clearly did not comprehend what I ment.

Starscream M
Clearly did not comprehend what I ment. so explain yourself and stop being deliberately dense.

-Pr-
Thor wins. I don't even know why this was left open...

batdude123
Originally posted by -Pr-
Thor wins. I don't even know why this was left open...

Because of the recent showing.

-Pr-
Originally posted by batdude123
Because of the recent showing.

i read it. did anyone honestly believe it had any validity whatsoever?

batdude123
i read it. did anyone honestly believe it had any validity whatsoever?

I don't see why not.

-Pr-
I don't see why not.

laughing out loud

OneDumbG0
Well what is it? He can either stop people who arfe moving at ftl speed, or he Can't hit an agile Wolverine. If either of those is true, than the Other MUST be PIS... If those were the two premises exactly, then yes, they would be pretty irreconciliable. Which would necessitate the invocation of PIS. Guess which one is PIS.

But Thor doesn't necessarily stop characters who are moving at FTL speed. He's only dealt with light speed attacks on-panel. He's also been hit by them. And he can tag Wolverine, Mjolnir or no Mjolnir.

If you recall from their recent fight, Thor grabbed Logan's leg and tossed him. Not far enough to BFR, but as he was searching for Wolverine to make sure he didn't hurt anybody else, Thor wouldn't be looking to BFR him anyway. And then Thor countered his back-slash/stab with a Mjolnir swing to stun him long enough for a lightning bolt to hit him.

So I think that maybe your premises are a bit too extreme. Soften them up and reconciling them might not be such a problem.

Show me Thor being faster in a fight against any capable fighter. Has any opponent of Thor's ever remarked on Thor's speed being impressive or overwhelming? Opponents have been overwhelmed and remarked about Thor's speed many times.

redhotrash
When I read the topic headline I chuckled, as I moved the mouse to click it I was concerned, and as I read the post my fears were realized. Thor, the guy regularly matched with Superman or the SilverSurfer on here, matched with a guy who was taken out by Hand ninjas before... and people still try to justify their fanboyism. Just say "Wolverine because I like him" and I'd respect you more. Posts like this make me want to forget about KMC and go outside looking for signs of intelligent life. Also, why is it that, regardless of skillset, anyone over the 100ton range is a "brick"? Namor is not a brick. Thor is not a brick. Hulk is a brick. There a differences.

carver9
I agree, thor has hit people that travels faster than light BUT people fail to see the difference when fighting wolverine.

Wolverine entire tactic is using speed, agility, and attacking whereas people like surfer isnt a bounce around combatant like Wolverine.

It would be much easier for thor to hit someone like firelord since he isnt as agile as wolverine and doesnt use combat maneauvers like Wolverine (bouncing around everything with extreme speed.)

Wolverine takes this in both scenerio.

keelanmoore81
Odin God Thor vs. Wolverine?...Wolverine is my homie but in this case. He's a chump...w/ the comic writers NOT trying to make a GOOD fight out of this...Thor would pound the _____ out of ol' Wolvie

carver9
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
If those were the two premises exactly, then yes, they would be pretty irreconciliable. Which would necessitate the invocation of PIS. Guess which one is PIS.

But Thor doesn't necessarily stop characters who are moving at FTL speed. He's only dealt with light speed attacks on-panel. He's also been hit by them. And he can tag Wolverine, Mjolnir or no Mjolnir.

If you recall from their recent fight, Thor grabbed Logan's leg and tossed him. Not far enough to BFR, but as he was searching for Wolverine to make sure he didn't hurt anybody else, Thor wouldn't be looking to BFR him anyway. And then Thor countered his back-slash/stab with a Mjolnir swing to stun him long enough for a lightning bolt to hit him.

So I think that maybe your premises are a bit too extreme. Soften them up and reconciling them might not be such a problem.
Opponents have been overwhelmed and remarked about Thor's speed many times.

People ALWAYS comment on wolverines speed. Lets not even forget that wolverine kept up with Sentry and without that nice bio forcefield he could and would have chopped through him. Lets not forget that Namor commented on wolverine speed and also got BLITZED by him. Lets also not forget that Surfer evadedt he xmansion and wolverine blitzed him, stabbing him in the chest. Lets also not forget about Spiderman commenting on Wolverines Speed, Rulk taking on everyone in marvel u but having the worst showing against wolverine due to wolverine combat prowess.

Just because thor tagged light speedster doesnt mean that they fight ANYTHING like wolverine does; a person that use his reflexes to dog near light speed attacks (cyclops optic blast) at point blank range.

Trackz
....wolverine did not keep up with sentry in the slightest. he attacked sentry, sentry caught his arm and one shotted him. it wasn't even a fight and sentry wasn't trying at all.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Trackz
....wolverine did not keep up with sentry in the slightest. he attacked sentry, sentry caught his arm and one shotted him. it wasn't even a fight and sentry wasn't trying at all.

thumb up

r0nm0n88
im not the biggest thor fan.
personally i believe supes kills him,
but common this is thor. he kills wolverine. Id actually be surprised if wolverine had the force to even cut thor.

Starscream M
Originally posted by r0nm0n88
Id actually be surprised if wolverine had the force to even cut thor. he does. quite easily, I might add.

carver9
Originally posted by Trackz

confused That fight was more than that because wolverine couldnt even cut him.

Kris Blaze
he does. quite easily, I might add.

Quite easily?

It's one incident. It's not admissible as proof on KMC. It was several cuts that resulted in a single wound.

Trackz
Originally posted by carver9
confused That fight was more than that because wolverine couldnt even cut him. wolverine never got the chance to try.

Starscream M
Quite easily?

It's one incident. It's not admissible as proof on KMC. It was several cuts that resulted in a single wound. thor's flesh is denser than human flesh, but it ain't hard as colossus nor does thor possess a bioaura like superman

so he wouldn't be much harder to cut than hulk...and logan slices through hulk like buttah

Kris Blaze
thor's flesh is denser than human flesh, but it ain't hard as colossus nor does thor possess a bioaura like superman

so he wouldn't be much harder to cut than hulk...and logan slices through hulk like buttah

You did not understand a single sentence in my post.

DarkOdin
thor's flesh is denser than human flesh, but it ain't hard as colossus nor does thor possess a bioaura like superman

so he wouldn't be much harder to cut than hulk...and logan slices through hulk like buttah Thor's durability imo is greater then the Hulks hulk's healing factor is what saves him.

Also Logan had trouble cutting WWH skins and also was not able to do heavy damage to Rulk he had to go for the eyes just like he did WWH.

That is logan slashing anyway. If he lunges and goes for a piercing blow it will do better but he might no have the force needed to do so.

Starscream M
You did not understand a single sentence in my post. Yes I did, you patronizing cur! mad

My point is, even without taking any incidents of wolverine cutting thor into account, by comic logic and considering thor's physiology, it is apparent that wolverine could cut thor without trouble.

Starscream M
Originally posted by DarkOdin

Also Logan had trouble cutting WWH skins a dont remember him having trouble cutting WWH...it might be hard to notice because WWH healed so fast

carver9
Thor's durability imo is greater then the Hulks hulk's healing factor is what saves him.

Also Logan had trouble cutting WWH skins and also was not able to do heavy damage to Rulk he had to go for the eyes just like he did WWH.

That is logan slashing anyway. If he lunges and goes for a piercing blow it will do better but he might no have the force needed to do so.

What book are you reading because wolverine cut through rulk and WWh easy? confused

DarkOdin
dont remember him having trouble cutting WWH...it might be hard to notice because WWH healed so fast Being that logan says that Hulks skin is even tougher to cut then before should be good enough and then he makes the comment about hulks eyes being soft . this is right before hulk turned logan's brains into jelly

Kris Blaze
Yes I did, you patronizing cur! mad

My point is, even without taking any incidents of wolverine cutting thor into account, by comic logic and considering thor's physiology, it is apparent that wolverine could cut thor without trouble.

No, no it's not.

Wolverine was able to cut Colossus for that matter.

Superman was also cut.

DarkOdin
What book are you reading because wolverine cut through rulk and WWh easy? confused Nothing causing major damage was the point. other then Rulks eyes And Logan even mention he is having trouble cutting WWH skins i guess you blinked and miss that dialog

Mindset
Thor.

carver9
Nothing causing major damage was the point. other then Rulks eyes And Logan even mention he is having trouble cutting WWH skins i guess you blinked and miss that dialog

It wasnt me missing anything, I didnt have to read it since he cut through his arms, cut wwh across the eyes blinding him, sliced across his chest, etc....

Rulk was getting ripped up too.

You must didnt read the comic.

Starscream M
No, no it's not.

Wolverine was able to cut Colossus for that matter.

Superman was also cut. its not clear logan can cut wolverine...a bare scratch isn't a cut imo

Superman was cut...by logan??

also, if that is true, then it only strengthens my case that logan can easily cut thor if he can cut the likes of colossus and superman

DarkOdin
It wasnt me missing anything, I didnt have to read it since he cut through his arms, cut wwh across the eyes blinding him, sliced across his chest, etc....

Rulk was getting ripped up too.

You must didnt read the comic. And who won both those fights not logan. Logan failed to doing anything major and as far as i remember WWH didn't get his eyes slashed but i will double check

Starscream M
And who won both those fights not logan. Logan failed to doing anything major and as far as i remember WWH didn't get his eyes slashed but i will double check him not winning doesnt mean he couldnt easily cut them

Kris Blaze
its not clear logan can cut wolverine...a bare scratch isn't a cut imo

Superman was cut...by logan??

also, if that is true, then it only strengthens my case that logan can easily cut thor if he can cut the likes of colossus and superman

Logan can cut Wolverine, lol.

Superman was cut in For Tomorrow and later trashed the claws with no effort, hardly adamantium material.

Show me some sort of indication that Colossus is tougher than Thor no expression

DarkOdin
him not winning doesnt mean he couldnt easily cut them The point is his claws can' do enough damage to win here is a how well it works for logan http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6548/92196991hl0.jpg

good thing Logan did all that damage with hi claws i mean look how well it worked out for him

Starscream M

Show me some sort of indication that Colossus is tougher than Thor no expression Aahahahahahahaha...are you friggin serious?

Starscream M
Logan can cut Wolverine, lol.
I meant colossus.

OneDumbG0
^ It's easily arguable that Thor is more durable than Colossus. Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Superman was cut in For Tomorrow and later trashed the claws with no effort, hardly adamantium material.Those were allegedly angel's wings on Equus' arms. So there's actually circumstance behind that. Originally posted by carver9
People ALWAYS comment on wolverines speed. Lets not even forget that wolverine kept up with Sentry and without that nice bio forcefield he could and would have chopped through him. Lets not forget that Namor commented on wolverine speed and also got BLITZED by him. Lets also not forget that Surfer evadedt he xmansion and wolverine blitzed him, stabbing him in the chest. Lets also not forget about Spiderman commenting on Wolverines Speed, Rulk taking on everyone in marvel u but having the worst showing against wolverine due to wolverine combat prowess.I don't know what issue you're trying to argue with me on. I only mentioned that Thor's speed has been remarked by several foes because Starscream M asked whether or not it's ever happened. Wolverine got curbstomped by Sentry. Also, I have no idea what you're speaking of where Wolverine blitzed Silver Surfer. Originally posted by carver9
Just because thor tagged light speedster doesnt mean that they fight ANYTHING like wolverine does; a person that use his reflexes to dog near light speed attacks (cyclops optic blast) at point blank range. I don't recall anybody stating that Thor tagging light speedsters means Thor fights like Wolverine. They're completely different concepts. What it does mean is that Thor has shown the ability to deal with combat superspeed. It also suggests that if Thor is fighting hard, he shouldn't have problems dealing with Wolverine's combat speed. Which is partially evident from the fight itself, since Thor blocked a bunch of attacks and tagged Wolverine a couple of times (despite the ridiculousness of it all). Also, Wolverine was aim-dodging/anticipating Cyclops' optic beams (which have been measured to be light speed on-panel). Cyclops can miss. It's happened before, and it's actually easier the closer you are to him.

Kris Blaze
Aahahahahahahaha...are you friggin serious?

You falugging retard. This isn't Galactus vs Juggernaut.

Bring some actual scans no expression

Starscream M
^ It's easily arguable that Thor is more durable than Colossus. not when it comes to cutting damage. does anyone think thor is harder to cut than colossus? come on

Starscream M
You falugging retard. This isn't Galactus vs Juggernaut.

Bring some actual scans no expression I actually brought scans to that debate.

No, honestly, if you think thor is harder to cut than colossus, then I'm not even going to bother. that is just beyond ridiculous.

Thor might be more durable to brunt damage, but colossus is far more durable to piercing damage.

carver9
^ It's easily arguable that Thor is more durable than Colossus. Those were allegedly angel's wings on Equus' arms. So there's actually circumstance behind that. I don't know what issue you're trying to argue with me on. I only mentioned that Thor's speed has been remarked by several foes because Starscream M asked whether or not it's ever happened. Wolverine got curbstomped by Sentry. Also, I have no idea what you're speaking of where Wolverine blitzed Silver Surfer. I don't recall anybody stating that Thor tagging light speedsters means Thor fights like Wolverine. They're completely different concepts. What it does mean is that Thor has shown the ability to deal with combat superspeed. It also suggests that if Thor is fighting hard, he shouldn't have problems dealing with Wolverine's combat speed. Which is partially evident from the fight itself, since Thor blocked a bunch of attacks and tagged Wolverine a couple of times (despite the ridiculousness of it all). Also, Wolverine was aim-dodging/anticipating Cyclops' optic beams (which have been measured to be light speed on-panel). Cyclops can miss. It's happened before, and it's actually easier the closer you are to him.

I'll get the scan of wolverine cutting surfer.

I also agree, Thor does have Super speed and he has also fought people that possess super speed but I'm trying to make you see the difference in the type of people that he fought who possess speed vs the way wolverine use his speed during combat.

I agree, everything that you saiad is right but in some instances it shouldnt be argue that Wolverine should be able to bounce around even thor since he has thousands of showing of doing so.

Example. Rulk has face Surfer, Thor, (I dont need to continue bc I know you already know) and his worst fights has been Spiderman and Wolverine. I wonder why? confused

carver9
I actually brought scans to that debate.

No, honestly, if you think thor is harder to cut than colossus, then I'm not even going to bother. that is just beyond ridiculous.

Thor might be more durable to brunt damage, but colossus is far more durable to piercing damage.

I agree with this. I have yet to see colossus damaged by any type of sharpnel attacks.

Hell, magic doesnt even effect Colossus.

Starscream M
I agree with this. I have yet to see colossus damaged by any type of sharpnel attacks.

Hell, magic doesnt even effect Colossus. yep. kris is generally a reasonable guy, but when it comes to thor, he gets delusional sometimes.

Kris Blaze
I actually brought scans to that debate.

So nothing then?

Great.

OneDumbG0
I'll get the scan of wolverine cutting surfer.

I also agree, Thor does have Super speed and he has also fought people that possess super speed but I'm trying to make you see the difference in the type of people that he fought who possess speed vs the way wolverine use his speed during combat.

I agree, everything that you saiad is right but in some instances it shouldnt be argue that Wolverine should be able to bounce around even thor since he has thousands of showing of doing so.

Example. Rulk has face Surfer, Thor, (I dont need to continue bc I know you already know) and his worst fights has been Spiderman and Wolverine. I wonder why? confused Frankly speaking, if you're not willing to consider the PIS of it all, then consider this: Thor underestimated Wolverine's fighting skills and wasn't fighting for real. He instead tried to contain and subdue Wolverine while investigating what was going on. Had Thor entered the fight without those plot-induced conditions (which he's likely to do now that he's fought him) and relied on his instincts, Wolverine's bouncing around won't avail him at all. And if you disagree with this, you should consider that this is essentially what happened once Thor got pissed off and proclaimed he'd had enough. Result? Thor whacked him.
not when it comes to cutting damage. does anyone think thor is harder to cut than colossus? come on I was thinking off the top of my head where Wrecker blindsided and nearly kills Colossus with a single crowbar shot to his ribs in Secret Wars. Thor's taken plenty of those types of shots. And I don't really see the need for a distinction, although I am aware that, for whatever reason, things change when it comes to Wolverine's claws. But in the end, I just think Wolverine can cut Colossus just as much, if not more than he did with Thor.

carver9
Frankly speaking, if you're not willing to consider the PIS of it all, then consider this: Thor underestimated Wolverine's fighting skills and wasn't fighting for real. He instead tried to contain and subdue Wolverine while investigating what was going on. Had Thor entered the fight without those plot-induced conditions (which he's likely to do now that he's fought him) and relied on his instincts, Wolverine's bouncing around won't avail him at all. And if you disagree with this, you should consider that this is essentially what happened once Thor got pissed off and proclaimed he'd had enough. Result? Thor whacked him.
I was thinking off the top of my head where Wrecker blindsided and nearly kills Colossus with a single crowbar shot to his ribs in Secret Wars. Thor's taken plenty of those types of shots. And I don't really see the need for a distinction, although I am aware that, for whatever reason, things change when it comes to Wolverine's claws. But in the end, I just think Wolverine can cut Colossus just as much, if not more than he did with Thor.

Why is it pis when everyone comments on wolverines speed?

Underestimating, naah, I disagree with that. Hell, before the fight even started, thor commented on Wolverine being one of the most dangerous men to ever walk asgard.

Its too many examples out there proving that Spiderman and Wolverine can do things with there combat speed that over whelm even speedsters due to there agility/speed/and acrobatic prowess.

Can thor tag Wolverine, yes, he can? Would Thor be surprised by wolverine reflexes/agility/and speed, yes because everyone that has fought him has also been overwhelmed by wolverines speed.

Just compare wolverine fights against hulk vs Thor fights against hulk and you'll see the difference.

OneDumbG0
^ The only PIS was Thor stating matter-of-factly that those were his fiercest/finest blows and his insinuations that he was forced to change tactics. Which you can blow off as Thor just saying stupid things (which he's prone to do, e.g., think that falling off a building would hurt him).

Thor simply expressing incredulity at him missing Wolverine evinces underestimation. Commenting about Wolverine's known reputation for being dangerous doesn't negate that.

All your arguments for Wolverine's combat speed can be equally applied to Hulk and Thor, who both have surprised opponents and speedsters with their speed also (and in Hulk's case, he's surprised Wolverine even). The "difference" you're arguing for doesn't need to be forced here on this fight. Additionally, taking it one step further, Hulk and Thor have surprised faster opponents and have better combat speed feats. So really, the "difference" you're seeing should be flipped (which is essentially what a lot of posters are arguing, just not in so many words).

Naija boy
Carver please stop with these utter fabrications about Wolverine blitzing surfer. It has never happened. The scan ur talking about is not only non-canon but also he didnt even blitz him in that scenario

batdude123
Originally posted by Naija boy
Carver please stop with these utter fabrications about Wolverine blitzing surfer. It has never happened. The scan ur talking about is not only non-canon but also he didnt even blitz him in that scenario

No, it was quite obviously a blitz.

Carver is never wrong. biscuits

Kris Blaze

I'll salt you good!

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z154/geezba/1255884468966.gif

batdude123
laughing out loud

Naija boy

lol.

KharmaDog
This is more stupid than someone thinking that they can dress up in old hockey gear and distribute viglante justice amongst the lowlife's of this world....(anyone geting that?)

As for the fight. Thor curbstomps wolverine and all the nuthuggers who are holding his sack at the time of said stompage.

batdude123
Originally posted by KharmaDog
This is more stupid than someone thinking that they can dress up in old hockey gear and distribute viglante justice amongst the lowlife's of this world....(anyone geting that?)

Master Bruce?

Parmaniac
Master Bruce?

Who is this Master Bruce?

batdude123

Starscream M

KharmaDog

I can't believe the fact that an actual real life super hero, and a member of KMC to boot, is so easily forgotten.

Master Bruce is the man who can bench 500 lbs.

He has super human reflexes and has been training and sharpening his skills and resistance to pain to become an actual real life super hero.

How can such an inspiration be forgotten?

By the way, Thor still stomps.

bbrem123
there should be no way that thor should lose this...after thinking about it sentry and wwh both man handle wolverine in hand to hand...sentry has no hand to hand skills at all while thor has been fighting his whole life...makes no sense

Warlord
so now Colosus is more durable than Thor?
really?
rolling on floor laughing

Wild Shadow
in a purely melee fight wolverine would win. although thor is immortal and has displayed faster then light reflex against bullrush opponent. i feel logan's fighting style and ability to stay close to the ground. would throw off thor.

also thor's willingness to fight an opponent on equal footing would be too much for him since he is a brawler facing a MA master with Ada. claws. that can anticipate thors follow attack and simply use an unexpected attack.

thor isnt thick enough or durable enough to consistently take logans slice and stabs. unlike hulk thor body mass is relatively small and logan can hit vital key area's and thor inability to regenerate on the spot along side the slice could prove fatal..

gogogadgetgo
what comic/issue did this take place?

-Pr-
I don't recall Colossus ever being cut by Wolverine in 616.

That said, Thor shouldn't really be cut either... bermm

Wild Shadow
I don't recall Colossus ever being cut by Wolverine in 616.

That said, Thor shouldn't really be cut either... bermm

colossus has only bn barely raked by logan's claws. peter has bn scoured in the 616 iirc.

besides u should no better then to apply ABC logic. cool

-Pr-
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
colossus has only bn barely raked by logan's claws. peter has bn scoured in the 616 iirc.

besides u should no better then to apply ABC logic. cool

i'm not.

h1a8

Opponents have been overwhelmed and remarked about Thor's speed many times. No they haven't. Out of the 40 something year history of Thor I would say that less than 5 times Thor has shown super speed when fighting.

OneDumbG0
^ You're going to have to qualify what you mean by "super speed" before anybody even makes an effort to respond to you. And ultimately, that wasn't even the question I was responding to. The question was whether any of Thor's opponent's have remarked about his speed. And it's happened far more than 5 times.

Bouboumaster
1) Thor 9/10
2) Wolverine 6/10

Wild Shadow
1) logan 6/10
2) logan 9/10

Battlehammer
^ You're going to have to qualify what you mean by "super speed" before anybody even makes an effort to respond to you. And ultimately, that wasn't even the question I was responding to. The question was whether any of Thor's opponent's have remarked about his speed. And it's happened far more than 5 times.
im sorry I don't take the person who thinks wolverine gets beat by capt 6/10 serous......

OneDumbG0
^ You're excused. Feel free to not read my posts anymore.

Battlehammer
I will keep reading them for a good laugh and to remind me what ignorant wolverine haters type like. I also rather not be excused, becaus what do I have to be excused for> for call you on your bullshit? im doing the forum a service.

Humanwine
I dont post much but I have to say, this is one of the worst threads I have in my internet career. The amout of Wolverine wanking has left the floor stinky and warped. Congratz at phail

h1a8

That's what I've meant. It has been less than or equal to 5 times that someone remarked about Thor's speed. If I'm wrong then I'm only wrong by 1 or 2.

P.S. I count remarking on Thor's speed more than once in the same battle as 1 time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.