Which movie has the best fight scenes?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Faction
Hey!

Which movie, do you think, has the best martial arts scenes ever filmed?
Forget about the storyline, the plot, the acting, everything..... it's the ACTION I'm talking about. So, which one is it? Is it Enter the Dragon? Is it The Matrix? Blade? The One? Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon? Charlie's Angels? Rumble in the Bronx?
You choose! Any movie at all as long as there are fights in it! GOOD ones!

Liu Kang: I am Liu Kang, descendant of Kung Lao. I challenge YOU to Mortal Kombat. Do you accept... or yield?
Shang Tsung: I ACCEPT.
...Mortal Kombat

mah
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Arien
well, i havent seen Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, so probably the Matrix. Charlie's Angel's is ok, but most of their moves are fake. yeah. if a blonde can say it's obvious, its very obvious. o, and star wars is pretty good for combat scenes, too.

Faction
Yeah, The Phantom Menace wasn't all that great, but the 2-on-1 fight at the end was awesome.

Thomas H
in war movies..I would say Black Hawk Down and Saving Private Ryan

but this is probably hand to hand combat so, matrix has a lot of great fights...

Ushgarak
Obviously I am a Matrix/Star Wars man, but the swordfight in The Princess Bride should not be overlooked!

Faction
There was a sword fight in Die Another Day that was pretty entertaining.

Dexx
crouching tiger, hidden dragon by a long shot! i can find few comparisons.
the matrix's are ok too.

Thomas H
some Jackie Chan fights are quite good!

finti
Rocky

Thomas H
only number one!

finti
and 2

zimbo
And 3 (but matrix was better)

Dexx
Rocky?? u've gotta be kiddin..
The one has some very good stuff too.

Fire
I think I am gonna go for the matrix

Faction
I have never seen Rocky, but I have heard the fights look pretty painful. But even more painful I heard were the fights in a movie called Raging Bull.
Haven any of you ever seen Jet Li's The Legend 2?
Some of the fights in that are similar to Crouching Tiger and are very impressively choreographed.

finti
thing is Rocky (at least the firstone ) and raging bull have fight scenes that looks real. That is more than you can say for the rest of the films mentioned here

mah
doesnt matter, Crouching Tigers fight scenes are so completely awesome-kewl

finti
yeah always been impressed with flying humans roll eyes (sarcastic), that ruined the entire movie on my part

mah
it's a fantasy/adventure film for crying out loud!

finti
still, that finished it off for my part

mah
well, at least you saw it, even if subtitled

Thomas H
didnt like chrounshing tiger either!

Fitch
CTHD(crouching tiger hidden dragon) was awsome for fighting scenes....also Matrix....and some Jackie Chan movies...

zimbo
This crouching tiger crap is too boring
At least in Matrix they explane why everything can fly

finti
the story im matrix is much worse than chrouching tiger

Thomas H
nope!

Faction
Well lets' see if I can resolve this little dispute.
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is a Chinese movie. Therefore it's full of Chinese culture. Hence the flying and such. It's just like an American movie having cheeseburgers, and African movies having donkeys. So if you haven't go the sense the Chinese movies are going to be subtitled and full of high-flying-that's-impossibles, you've no right to complain! Although.... some of the soaring was a bit over-the-roof (pun intented). They might have gone a bit too far for some realistic people.
The Matrix was so totally brilliant because everything in it had never been seen before. A virtual world? Who da thunk it? And the bullet time effect was just so amazing, I think that's what really did it for the movie.

finti
Matrix had cool effects the story sucked big time

Ushgarak
I vry much agree with what Faction says; they are points that have been made about CTHD here previously.

finti
it is our right as a spectator to complain. Everyone are entitled to an opinion about movies and if they think flying humans sucks then they think it sucks. Plain and simple.

Ushgarak
Yes, they can say they suck, but to criticise it for not being explained is simply ridiculous.

finti
goes without saying

Tex
Matrix had the best fight scenes.

finti
nah

mechmoggy
I also agree with Faction, although the African-Donkey connection has left me a little baffled.

I enjoyed the fight scene's in The Matrix and The One for sheer Hollywood bravado. But for a good ol' fashioned "ruck", you can't beat Fight Club and the Rocky films (however unbelievable they may be) and how about Bob Hoskins giving that blokes face a real mashing in Mona Lisa? Ouch!

Dexx
oh, god...i know quite a few ppl who pick on the 'flying' thing in CTHD.
I liked even those parts a lot. It fits perfectly with the story, and the fights are as real as a film will usually ever get.
As i said before and seen noone mentioning it, The one has way better fights than matrix.
Can't wait for reloaded, with jet li...oh boy oh boy

Faction
Jet Li is in Reloaded? Why was I not informed of this stunning piece of information before????
BTW, Daniel Bernhardt will also be in Reloaded. He is a very good martial artist, and has starred in the TV show, Mortal Kombat Conquest (a show that had surprisingly excellent fight scenes), and some movies such as Bloodsport III.
And that Africa-donkey connection, I took a vacation to Tunisia recently and there were donkeys all over the place. More donkeys than camels even. But that's not the point of this thread.
As for The One having better scenes than The Matrix, I think I can almost agree with you on that. They were more SPECTACULAR, but I have to say that The Matrix had beautiful choreography.

Psycho_Killer
The Matrix
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Rocky (a little obvious but easily forgotten)
any Jackie Chan movie (seems to make the impossible seem possible)
the darth mal fight in episode one
I think the fight's in snatch are pretty cool also

Faction
I haven't seen Snatch yet. Is there any particular Jackie Chan movie that has better fights than the rest? Because no one can seem to choose.

mechmoggy
The filming of Brad Pitt being chinned in the final scene of Snatch is really well done. He fly's backwards through the air for what seems like an eternity.

Very good.

Le Roi Arteras
Well, I don't know if someone said it before but John Woos'The Killer has got many incredible gunfights. He's actually one of the best for this kind of sequences and the more recently "face/off" was a good demonstration of that fact.

Thomas H
Figh CLub has some amazing fight scenes!

Faction
I've heard that Fight Club has some pretty brutal fights. I have seen Face Off, but it was so long ago that I forget most of it. I remember the doves in the church at the end, and some guy getting stabbed in the leg I think.

mechmoggy
I watched Fight Club again last night with Mrs.MM.

Gotta love Brad Pitt in that, he rocks. cool

Etrigan
Well I can't say just 1 movie. Here's the main ones:

Enter The Dragon
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Matrix 1, 2, 3
A few Bond films: From Russia with Love, You Only Live Twice, Diamonds are Forever and Goldeneye.
Drunken Master
Bulletproof Monk

embarrasment

Matt_t_hat
You will probably disagree but I remember years ago I watched a movie called Highlander and I remember being very impressed with the combat in that.

dante3867
to me it has to be the movie adaptation of the comic book Sin City, even though it is digitally enhanced it is awesome. go see it

BlazingBarrells
Legend of Drunken Master is by far Jackie Chans best. Every fight is amazing- Equilibrium just cause they look cool. Fist of Legend Jet Li and that general fighting is nuts. Jet lis best. Seom of the Matrixes are amazing and NOT the last one in Revolutions, that was pathetic. Any of Jackie Classics should be on this list. Any of Jet Lis assic should be on this list.

Faction
Someone said Bulletproof Monk... I can't say I agree at all with that. I thought the fights in that were very... I dunno... weird-looking and strange. I don't think there was any realism in them at all, of anyone getting hurt or anything. Apart from that I guess they were well choreographed.

And I agree with the final fight of The Matrix: Revolutions. A big, slow, clumsy computer-generated disappointment.

Faction

Linkalicious
Good call on the duel from Princess Bride.

I'm going with Blood Sport. Van Dam was on top of the game back then.

speiderman
Rumble in the Bronx

Rocky 2

Matrix Reloaded

The Replacement Killers

dubefan
best fight scenes in a mvie would have to be face off they were basic but stil over the top, the fight in the church piece of cinematic brilliance first movie to show bullets in flight, the fight in the room with the mirrors oh man best dialogue in a film, then finally the fight on the boat, original, fast paced and it ends in a crash brilliant, then theres the opening chase/ gun fight excellent, the movie brilliantly links action and acting so their it wins just by those 2 facts

Gryn Jabar
The Rocky movies all have good fights.

Stokely
Faction, I thought I was the only person who thought that show had some of the best choreographed fight scenes. =)

Best fight scenes:

- Kung Fu Cult Master
- Tai Chi Master
- Fist Of Legend

Faction
Another movie that I really thought took the biscuit was 'Hero'. Anyone seen that yet? WOW. Definitely the most beautiful fight scenes I've ever seen, if not the best. They're not the best, I guess, but they're pretty amazing to watch and very well-directed. You gotta see it!!!

I'm insulted no one has mentioned the Kill Bill movies either. Shame on you all!! LOL

And if someone has mentioned them and I didn't see it, well then you are worthy of my praise big grin

Faction

Morpheus
raver 1)the matrix
2)the matrix reloaded
3)the matrix revolutions
4)cowboy bebop:the moive
5)crouching tiger hidden dragon
6)the princess blade
7)episode VI,I V II raver

Stokely
Kill Bill =P

GCG
^ Yeah Yeah yeah, its impossible to top the showdown at the House Of Blue Leaves or the brutal Bride-versus-Go Go slap-up. But this is pure inky-black Tarantino humour:
Uma Thurman and Vivica Fox beating seven shades out of each other, only to be interrupted by a yellow school bus pulling up outside.

"Hi Mommy, I'm home....."

Otherwise combat scenes like in the Return Of The King had me exhausted in my seat without blinking my eye for almost half an hour. Probably i am expecting the same in the announced Revenge Of The Sith-12-minute-lightsaber-duel between Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Personally, I prefer the Hand-to-hand combat or the sword-fighting scenes to fire-power......the fluidity of the motion attracts interest.

GCG
Enter The Dragon

http://www.katoman.com/bruce%20lee%20rare%20photos/bruce%20lee%20rare%20photos/bl7.jpg

Lee (Bruce Lee)
vs.
A whole lot of opponents - including an uncredited appearance by Jackie Chan

During the filming of "Enter the Dragon", Bruce Lee accidentally struck one of the extras with a fighting stick and swore to give him parts in all of his future movies to make up for the accident. Sadly, Bruce Lee died after filming "Enter the Dragon" and the extra he struck - a young up and comer named "Jackie Chan", never got to collect on the promise

vaya_the_elf
Here is the ones I thought were the coolest ..
Lord of the rings either Return of the King, or Two Towers
Princess Bride
Behaveheart.
Blade
Star Wars

Andrew McLeod
Kill Bill
Hero
Versus

Morpheus
raver Danm!!! kill bill:vol2. how can i 4get raver

Stokely
GCG, I love Black Mamba vs. Cottonmouth! Best fight of the film for me cuz of its rawness. The way it started was glorious, answering the door to a punch in the face.

DeVi| D0do
Kill Bill...

Jo Jay Ren
I'd have to say "House of flying daggers" of "Kill Bill 1,2+3"

Trippy
Cant believe no one said Drunken Master (jackie chan) some killer fight seens in that, if you havent seen it GET IT!

TheFanboy
I liked Neo vs. the 100s of Smiths in Reloaded.

GCG
Originally posted by Stokely
GCG, I love Black Mamba vs. Cottonmouth! Best fight of the film for me cuz of its rawness. The way it started was glorious, answering the door to a punch in the face.

Cottonmouth was O'ren Ishii ;

Goota admit the Music as well; its fan-fokken-tastic.

Directors scour around for the perfect tune that can match the beautiful coreographed fighting scenes. The up-tempo brings the audience into the fight or actually makes the fight scene stick out three dimentionally.

Dont Let Me be Misunderstood - Santa Esmeralda is a perfect tune to introduce the climax fight scene on Vol 1 between Cottonmouth & Black Mamba. If im not mistaken, the first 8 seconds are looped for the soundtrack.

SnakeEyes
The Punisher has not been mentioned. The fight between Tom Jane and the Russian was pretty awesome...

kevdude
in TMNT the first movie, at the end the turtles vs Shredder was pretty cool, the star wars fights are good, also in Shanghai Knights jackie chan vs the english dude in the sword fight. matrix 1,2,3 fights (if u dont like 3 u shouldnt like 1&2 fights they are the SAME STYLE FIGHTS), Dracula vs Van Helsing in the Van Helsing movie. Viktor vs the werewolf/vampire in Underworld, Riddick vs the leader in Chronicles of Riddick.

Stokely
Oops, Copperhead. =P

barand1
Anything from a Jackie Chan or Arnold Schwarzenegger movie!

IceWithin
Computirized > Matrix

Non-Computirized > I guess Kiss of the Dragon, I loved that movie love

MildPossession
I absolutely love the fight scenes in Kill Bill, especially in Vol 2 between Bride and Elle, just so bloody brutal! and then Ennio Morricone's music is used for the build up to that certain point in the scene.

And GCG, I agree with that fight scene as well, with the Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood music used in it, perfect.

IceWithin
i totally forgot about KB!! I agree the second movie fighting scenes were amazing..
but in the first one with Oren-Ishii and Gogo, were BRUTAL too

Faction
It really pissed me off how the massive swordfight with all the warriors at the end of Kill Bill was shown in black and white for the Western side of the wrld >sad

I agree very much about the final Shanghai Knights scene. Very cool, VERY cool! smile
The only thing is it was too short sad and it was doing so well.

Still a classic, though!

Faction

MildPossession
You can see it colour if you get the uncut version.

Personally I loved how it changed to black and white and back to colour.

BlazingBarrells
Originally posted by kevdude
matrix 1,2,3 fights (if u dont like 3 u shouldnt like 1&2 fights they are the SAME STYLE FIGHTS),

not true. there were NO MARTIAL ARTS in the third film, witht the execption of like 30 seconds when Neo and Smith started to fight in the rain. That fight should have stayed there for 10 minutes of kung fu. It got very dissapointing when they took to flight, dont get me wrong it looked cool, but the best kung fu the series had to offer SHOULD HAVE been in the rain. The best matrix fight is either between Neo and million smiths and or neo and seriph, PLUS the fight where the twins and morpheus battled should have been WAY longer, the car fight was tight, but the parking lot had TONS of potential. Morpheus should have better fights too, i dont care what anyone says, he is TEN times cooler than Neo, he should have beat the hell out of some one Hulk style. AND the gun battle in the third matrix was lame ass. the dudes running around the walls......nope lame........more creativity was needed for that scene.

jaden101
i liked the trailer fight between black mamba and elle driver in kill bill...some of the scenes when they smashed off the furniture looked harsh

the raging bull scenes were utterly superb

i also liked some of the bits in the bourne identity and supremacy

Faction
The Bourne Identity and Supremecy had some very original looking fight scenes. I think they tried to capture the frantic, furious element of a fight in those films and it worked really well, I thought those fights were awesome.

The parking lot fight with the twins in The Matrix - totally agree. What was that about? Probably too lazy to keep doing phase special effects for the two twins to make it a long fight. Or maybe it was in fact a long fight but they had to cut it down for some reason.
Maybe it got too violent or something? Because it was getting kinda nasy already, with the twin's arm getting shot to pieces by Trinity etc.

Faction

moviejunkie23
i will be the odd duck and name a differnt type of movie with some great fight scenes

Fist of the North Star !!!! the old school japenese anime movie not that crappy B movie

tabby999
as far as i'm concerned the matrix movies went to shit after #1, they became over the top and nothing but the two brothers going "we're so pushing the envolope and being so cool" and making stupidly long and annyoing fight scenes

Fearnix
Drunken Master 2 yes

jackie chan vs Ken lo droolio

pr1983
police story 1 & 2, drunken master too...

crouching tiger, hero, house of flying daggers...

most of jet li's stuff...

bloodsport (van damme at his best like link said)

steven segal had a few good ones, but they were all too one sided...

the matrix 1, 2 and bits of neo/smith in revolutions that dont involve flight...

ong bak had a few good fights...

bruce lee though is the king imo...

enter the dragon, way of the dragon, big boss... martial arts gold...

el barto_1
welkome to the jungle aka the rundown has the most realistick fightscenes ever, also i loved the gun kata in equlebrium

BlazingBarrells
the kill bill fights were amazing, and for some reason, i honestly believe that the fight between o ren and bride was probably how two REAL swordsman would have battled it out, no 15 minute fight, a couple swings and some one is dead or badly mutilated. i hate JCVD with a passion, but i can admit bloodsport was tight, his best fight was against the mui thai dude, or how ever you spell that. bourne identity fights were nice, but the supremacy fight with the last special ops, guy sucked, WAY TO CHOPPY, sure it was meant to be realistic, it still sucked. Steven segal did have some tight fights, but steven segal is gay. i hate him with a passion. and personally i dont care, i dont like bruce lee fights that much, some of them are sweet, but for some reason his fights remind me of JCVD, like one or two punches and the other dude is destroyed. and a lot of bouncing around and looking good, maybe its just me but i would rather see two guys throwing punches than dancing around like a jerk. dancing like a jerk only works somtimes, i e Morpheus and jackie chan.

Faction
The Gun Kata from 'Equilibrium' was a really, really great idea in my opinion. You can see the Matrix influence on that film with the style of the clothes and everything but not in the fights, the fights are very freshly filmed and choreographed well enough. Some of the fights weren't spectacular enough for me but it was still a great movie. Good storyline too in that one.

'Bloodsport' was alright. I don't know what the big deal is though? The fights are very different in that film, very focused on pain and hurting, and hard punches and kicks etc.. Just a different style, I guess, good show.

I LOVED 'Welcome to the Jungle'. Great, great fights that made me go WOW NICE!!! The Capoeira fight scene with the natives was really something. All the fights are brilliant in that, I thought that movie was a breath of fresh air, surprisingly. And The Rock is the funniest guy ever.

"I hate monkeys and I hate penis eating parasites!"

Faction

powerfulone1987
I'd have to say "The Incredibles".

dark1365
Which movies have the best fight scenes?

Romeo Must Die....

Or any of the old Jet Li movies, the plots are weird but the fight scenes are absolutely amazing.

golden moon
spider-man 2 train scene

Faction
How could I forget the Spider-Man train scene?? That fight was breathtaking!!! I was sweating watching that fight, literally! big grin That was really something, it really was great stuff.

Faction

el barto_1
the fight between Hugh Grant and Colin Firth in Bridget Jones diary stick out tongue

golden moon
Originally posted by Faction
How could I forget the Spider-Man train scene?? That fight was breathtaking!!! I was sweating watching that fight, literally! big grin That was really something, it really was great stuff.

Faction

yes yep

BlazingBarrells
lol all of the spider man fights are tight, but the train was the stand out. and romeo must die was stupid, the only fight "kind of" worth watching was the fight with the fire hose. and ALL of jet lis older stuff was amazing, some a little over the top cheest but still cool. his best was Fist of Legend. that fight with the chinese general was sick ass, and if you havent seen it, i wont give it away but how jet lis kills the general is so cool that it couldnt have been done any better.

freemind
I would have to say that my favorite fight scenes in a film are in The Matrix. My all time favorite is when Neo and Smith are fighting in the subway in the first film. The chateau fights in the second film were good too and some bits in the third film in the superbrawl at the end. Mostly the parts on the street and then in the building. I didn't like the flying that much but it was appropriate for the situation. The fighting in Equilibrium was pretty amazing as well. At the end where he kills all of the guards in the big hallway was cool but if that really happened, even with all his training, he would have 1,000 bullets in him once he took his first step in there.

powerfulone1987
The scene in X-Men where Wolverine and Lady Deathstrike were fighting each other.

el barto_1
another favorite is the cagematch in "ready to rumble" starring David Arquette and Oliver Platt

BlazingBarrells
lol yes ready to rumble has some classic bozo brawls. and some of the xmen fights were tight, i especially liked the nightcrawler and the secret agent fight, well beat down i should say. and the equilibrium fights are cool, even though i wouldnt really call them fights they are mostly gun battles, but the last fight in the movie was a fight, with guns. which was sick. my fav. gun discharge scene would be the one when he back flipped into the middle of the six dude and loaded them with like 10 bullets each. NUTS!

tabby999
nah, as far as realistic fights go, Once Were Warriors wins. harsh fights.

GCG
i am noticing that a lot of these fight scenes revolove around martial arts.

what about epic movies involving sword combat other than Martial Arts ?

JohnConstantine
I think the best fighting in the matrix trilogy had to be those 30 seconds that Neo and Smith faught in the building when Neo got thrown through a brick wall. They had brilliant fight coreography, but right when Neo kicked Smith through the window, it all went to hell.

pr1983
Originally posted by JohnConstantine
I think the best fighting in the matrix trilogy had to be those 30 seconds that Neo and Smith faught in the building when Neo got thrown through a brick wall. They had brilliant fight coreography, but right when Neo kicked Smith through the window, it all went to hell.

laughing

i actually agree in part... any part of the fight in revolutions where they were on solid ground was cool...

Sentry
Ong Bak hands down. Tony Jaa was crazy in that movie. His stunts were crazy.

frodo34x
Originally posted by Faction
The Bourne Identity and Supremecy had some very original looking fight scenes. I think they tried to capture the frantic, furious element of a fight in those films and it worked really well, I thought those fights were awesome.

You can't beat the 'rolled up newspaper' scene.

Personally, I prefer battle scenes, eg: The Last Samurai, Bravheart, Saving Private Ryan etc.

Speaking of Saving Private Ryan, don't you just love the bit with the German Sniper in the tower?

Sentry
Fist Of legend had some of Jet Li's best fight scenes. Drunken Master 2 had some awesome fight scenes. Oh, in Ong Bak, their was no wire work. Just crazy a$$ stuntmen.

Faction
The Last Samurai was also great for the action, there were some brilliant scenes in that movie.

What about animated movies? The fight between Simba and Scar in The Lion King? Hello??
I'm actually serious, I thought that scene looked pretty cool, I like watching it. Great music too, for that fight.

And the little tussle between Ori Yen Ishi's (sp) dad and the assassins in Kill Bill 1 was pretty decent too.

Faction

BlazingBarrells
i agree with orens father fight, that was tight, he smashed them, literally. i like epic battles too, and sav pri ryan is my all time fav movie. but i dont consider those to be "fight scenes" those are BATTLE scenes. now if we are gonna get into battle scenes of course that is a whole thread on its own. anyways, havent seen ong bak, but simoly b/c of the trailor the fights in that have to be crazy. and yes scar vs. simba was tight. Scars line when he killed Mufasa was actually one of the best villian one liners ever. LONG LIVE THE KING, and launches him in the path of the wildebeast. hella tight. any movie villain lover has to love that scene. and of course that is another thread too. last samurai had some cool fights, i consider the Ninja attack to be a fight, it wasnt a battle, too small scale. the nijas were tight, but of course the KILLER Tom Cruise crushed them!!

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by finti
thing is Rocky (at least the firstone ) and raging bull have fight scenes that looks real. That is more than you can say for the rest of the films mentioned here

It doesnt look that real when you can see that the actors are not even hitting each other.

Raging bull does possibly have some of the best boxing scenes, if not the best. Raging bull was viscerle, rocky was triumphant, and raging bull diddnt have blatant phantom punches

by the way, the last samuri has some of the most overated fight scenes EVER. the blind swordsman has action that cannot be and never has been duplicated.How about letting the japanese tell their own culture. Americans obviously cannot,or we would a decent samuri flick

ragesRemorse
stick out tongue

BlazingBarrells
i heard blind swordsman was pretty good. but i still and firmly think that last samurai had wonderful fights and battle scenes. and the raging bull scenes were pretty good, but they were ALL the same, just like rocky which were good but all the same.

Curl_Up&Dye
fight club

el barto_1
bridget jones diary laughing

BlazingBarrells
lol actually the fight in thatmovie was hilarious i loved it.

BlazingBarrells
just got done watching hero, and i had to add it, crazy good fights.

el barto_1
i haven't seen hero sad

BlazingBarrells
well then go see it silly. and if you havent seen that also see houe of flying daggers. amazing.

Faction
I've also heard of a movie called 'Iron Monkey' that people seem to rave about but I've never seen it. I saw a poster or something once and said to myself, "I have to see that someday" big grin

Yes, the Scar scene with Mufasa was priceless. It was really something, really powerful and moving too. I still shed a tear when I see that scene sad I heard it was the first time Disney showed a character really die on screen, without coming back to life.

I agree about Last Samurai, maybe the little fights in that were okay-ish but the large-scale battles were awesome, as in Saving Private Ryan. SPR is probably one of the best war movies I've ever seen. 'We Were Soldiers' is fighting it for first place in my book.

I can't comment on any of the boxing movies as I haven't seen any of them except 'Ali' which I thought was a damn good show, and the final fight from one 'Rocky' film. It was with a blonde guy on the street. Wasn't a bad match, it was a fairly decent brawl, if you ask me.

'Hero' does have some crazy-ass fights. But they make 'em look good and not stupid, which I like smile

Faction

BlazingBarrells
yeah, i have seen iron monkey, some of the fights is that were awesome. the best scene was when donnie yen kicked up a big as bag of beans or rice or whatever and like (you know what subzero looks like when he freezes stuff in mortal kombat) did that punch thing is it smashed a guy in the face it was done with wires obviously but it was so seamless there was no way of telling. the last fight on these tall 10 foot poles was really cool but WAY over the top. we were soldiers is a great war movie, but there arent really any fights, and i like the fight between thunder lips and rocky. that fight was awesome. havent seen ali, looked to cliched. but i have heard it was awesome.

PRO-PAIN
Enter The Dragon
Return Of The Dragon
Chinese Connection
Fist Of Fury
Snake Fist Fighter
Half A Loaf Of Kung Fu
In Eagle Shadow Fist
Fearless Hyena 1 & 2
Fantasy Mission Force
New Fist Of Fury
Drunken Monkey
Ten Tigers From Kwingtung
Shaolin Master Killer
Magnificent Butcher
Return Of The 5 Deadly Venoms
Fist Of Legend
Iron Monkey
Crouching Tiger
Hero
Out For Justice
Above The Law
Bloodsport
Lion Heart
Enter The Ninja
Revenge Of The Ninja
Ninja III The Domination

BlazingBarrells
mm wow nice list, havent heard of half of them, but nice list anyway.

Murray
Black Hawk Down and Lord of the Rings! Hell yeah, LOTR!

BlazingBarrells
...........black hawk down didnt have any fights, it had battles, and lord of the rings didnt really have any fights either, unless you consider the fights between legolas and the orcs in the first one

BENDER_17
UNLEASHED (aka DANNY THE DOG)
i never saw fight scenes like that in my hole life before violent bonecrushing and beautifull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by BlazingBarrells
...........black hawk down didnt have any fights, it had battles, and lord of the rings didnt really have any fights either, unless you consider the fights between legolas and the orcs in the first one

Aragorn versus Lurtz in FOTR was a fight... and so was Eowyn versus the Witch King in ROTK, not to mention Gandalf versus Saruman and also Gandalf versus the Balrog.... plus whenever Frodo/Sam fought Gollum... those are technically fight scenes.

speiderman
Aliens.

Batman

Down Periscope

The Substitute

BlazingBarrells
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Aragorn versus Lurtz in FOTR was a fight... and so was Eowyn versus the Witch King in ROTK, not to mention Gandalf versus Saruman and also Gandalf versus the Balrog.... plus whenever Frodo/Sam fought Gollum... those are technically fight scenes.

and you proved me wrong, but none of those fights IMO were good they all sucked

skatebording
star wars

BlazingBarrells
star wars had fights NO WAY>

Faction
I think all of those fights that you mentioned from LOTR were good, especially the one between Gandalf and Saruman. Short but very sweet. Nice moves, didn't think they had it in 'em!

Faction

SnakeEyes
and you proved me wrong, but none of those fights IMO were good they all sucked

You didn't like the one between Aragorn and Lurtz!? I thought it was great. It was brutal and gruesome, not to mention the length was not too short and not too long.

BlazingBarrells
OK OK i need to be real here. The fight betweem A and Lurtz was tight, but as fights go, ima kung fu man myself. Dont get me wrong, i love ol school sword fights, but i would choose some jung fu before lotr, and holy moly talking about swordfights, we all forgot the musketeer. with tim roth. that movie was tight ass. i love the swashbuckling in that one!!!

SnakeEyes
Fair enough, kung fu is pretty kickass as well...

1ost soul
- bloodsport
- kickboxer
- mortal kombat

python99
kill bill vol #1

el barto_1
the bus-garage scene in "the transporter" is fvcking sweet

BlazingBarrells
the transporter was tight too, this unedited version is way better than the theatrical release, he has a really tiny knife and stabs it in very painfull looking places

Doctor Strange
Have Hero and Kill Bill been mentioned?

BlazingBarrells
lol many times over

D-Double
the transporter was tight too, this unedited version is way better than the theatrical release, he has a really tiny knife and stabs it in very painfull looking places

The transporters fight scenes were crazy... especially inside the bus and in the garage with the oil drums. That guy should do alot more action films.

I think the fights in Commando are classic, just for pure Hollywood whup-ass.

COTTON FLUFF
What about MATRIX 3 were Neo was fighting all those SMITH after he spoke to the oricle and when he was fighting mr SMITH at the end that was cool other than that that movie was lame

and on star wasrs i think that it has some good fighting senes like in EPISODE 2 were YODA has that made fight, and in EPISODE 6 were they fight jaba tha hut and when LUKE fights DARK VADA. There are also some pritty good air fightind scenes in the star wars film's. And in EPISODE 3 there is ment to b the longest fight scene in a movie. So i say star wars has hepps of fighting scenes, well more than LOTR, but LOTR is cool. So u should re-whatch star wars b4 u speak.

Morbid4Daniel
Depends on what "fight scenes" you're talking about. I LOVE the Lord of the rings scenes..and Troy but thats more of "battle" than anything

ladygrim
Die hard has some quite good fights in them ... or is it just me

dark1365
LOTR---Two Towers: The Battle of Helm's Deep was one of the best medieval-themed seiges I've seen.

magic_hate_ball
my favorite fight scene...albeit it isnt from a major blockbuster feature where the SFX cost more to produce than the live action sequences...The Quiet Man and the fight at the end of the movie between Sean thornton and Red Dannaher

BlazingBarrells
lui kang vs reptile and johnny cage vs scorpion

dark1365
^ Reptile/Liu Kang was better.

BlazingBarrells
yes thats why i put it first

manny321
in true fight scenes is in troy Achilles vs hector.
Also Darth Vader vs Luke in RotJ.
Neo vs smith in first matrix.
Aragon vs Lurtz in Lotr.

IN epic battles.
1. Rotk go 50 foot elephants!!
2. TTT. Helms deep is so good! That was the movie.
3. Troy was very well done.
4. Brave-heart.

BlazingBarrells
i think the fight with ach. and heck. was insane, very believable. but the rest of the movie wasnt all that fantastic. i am excited for KOH the battles in that will be crazy

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>