Galen Marek (aka Starkiller) and Sora vs Kratos and Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
Setting: New York City, all civilians evacuated.

Objective: Kill the other side.

Rules: No PIS/CIS

This is light side Marek (NOTE TO MODS: Marek DID originate in a video game)

This is Sora at his absolute peak

This is Kratos at the end of GoW2 WITHOUT his time controlling abilities

This is Dante at his peak (this does NOT include any time in which he becomes god-like/super duper powered due to some artifact or something, if he ever did).

Bloodlust: ON

Both sides have a decent knowledge of the other and have half an hour to make battle plans.

Hewhoknowsall
anyone?

EvilAngel
I could be wrong, but if Galen Marek is who i think it is, he solo's the thread.

Nemesis X
We sure are using New York a lot aren't we?

Hewhoknowsall
I'd say that t1 wins, but that's just me, and I don't know that much about Dante...

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
anyone?

Demonic Phoenix
Kratos is a non-factor here. All he is is fodder in this thread erm.

Considering you've also hampered Dante (by not giving him access to (D)DT and such), SK and Final Form Sora win.

Phanteros
How is kratos a a know factor... he can still turn Starkiller into stone and thread creator is prob referring to Sparda dante.

EvilAngel
Originally posted by Phanteros
How is kratos a a know factor... he can still turn Starkiller into stone and thread creator is prob referring to Sparda dante.

You have no clue who Starkiller is do you?

Hewhoknowsall

Hm...well, I'm pretty sure that Galen could kill Kratos, I mean his lightsaber would slice any of Krato's weapons like a hot knife through butter.

Wei Phoenix
Hm...well, I'm pretty sure that Galen could kill Kratos, I mean his lightsaber would slice any of Krato's weapons like a hot knife through butter.

Wouldn't exactly say that since most of his weapons are infused or created from Gods, Titans and magic. Their durability against lightsabers are kind of unknown. Not saying Kratos wins, just saying I wouldn't be surprised if SK couldn't cut through his blades.

MadMel
starkiller force pushes team 2 into space with a flick of his wrist...or maybe he simply drops Mt Olympus on them stick out tongue

but srsly, galen solos erm

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Wouldn't exactly say that since most of his weapons are infused or created from Gods, Titans and magic. Their durability against lightsabers are kind of unknown. Not saying Kratos wins, just saying I wouldn't be surprised if SK couldn't cut through his blades.

Well, a lightsaber has cut through material that can stop gigaton power explosions...

While Krato's blades have been blocked by regular soldiers with shields before, although this could simply be gameplay mechanics.

To be honest though, the lightsaber is simply a more powerful weapon and has better cutting feats by far.

Originally posted by MadMel
starkiller force pushes team 2 into space with a flick of his wrist...or maybe he simply drops Mt Olympus on them stick out tongue

but srsly, galen solos erm

Um...he can't move Mt Olympus in a reasonable amount of time...

Oh wait, it's a joke. nvm

MadMel
i love how you said "he cant do it in a reasonable amount of time", not "he cant do it, period" stick out tongue

Phanteros
Originally posted by EvilAngel
You have no clue who Starkiller is do you? Yes I played the game thank you also I know He was killed by a large surge of lightning from palpatine. I was just stating He isn't exacly safe from petrification.

Wei Phoenix
Well, a lightsaber has cut through material that can stop gigaton power explosions...

While Krato's blades have been blocked by regular soldiers with shields before, although this could simply be gameplay mechanics.

To be honest though, the lightsaber is simply a more powerful weapon and has better cutting feats by far.

Um...he can't move Mt Olympus in a reasonable amount of time...

Oh wait, it's a joke. nvm

The Blade of Olympus is greater than any and all lightsaber when it comes to power. the sabers have cut through human metals and stuff but nothing backed by magic. Claiming that they can easily cut through magic based weapons. I'm not saying the chains would obliterate a saber, just that I wouldn't be surprised if they could actually clash.

Hewhoknowsall
The Blade of Olympus is greater than any and all lightsaber when it comes to power. the sabers have cut through human metals and stuff but nothing backed by magic. Claiming that they can easily cut through magic based weapons. I'm not saying the chains would obliterate a saber, just that I wouldn't be surprised if they could actually clash.

Just because they were enhanced by the Gods doesn't mean that they can clash with sabers, since the blades don't contain the FULL power of the Gods AND have been stopped by shields and stuff.

Even then, Galen pwns him through TK.

NemeBro
The Blade of Olympus is more powerful than a lightsaber.

Galen Marek still solos though.

Demonic Phoenix

GoW 2 Kratos is a non-factor no expression. Even if he does have the BoO, he simply doesn't have the speed or reflexes required to stay even with SK and his force abilities.

Sparda-DT Dante falls under 'god-like/super duper powered'. Fact is, DT itself falls under 'super duper powered'.
As a result, the best Dante we have is DMC 4 Dante. He's incredibly powerful, but he isn't powerful enough to fight off those two.

Correct. Even so, Kratos doesn't have the necessary speed imo.

EvilAngel
Yes I played the game thank you also I know He was killed by a large surge of lightning from palpatine. I was just stating He isn't exacly safe from petrification.

But that is assuming (rather unwittingly) that he can get it out in time before he meets with any number of ends Gelen can perform to finish this mismatch erm

NemeBro
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
GoW 2 Kratos is a non-factor no expression. Even if he does have the BoO, he simply doesn't have the speed or reflexes required to stay even with SK and his force abilities. Considering he can deflect lightning bolts thrown by Zeus...

EvilAngel
Originally posted by NemeBro
Considering he can deflect lightning bolts thrown by Zeus...

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu281/BlueTileSpook/not_this_shit_again.jpg

NemeBro
Well not even counting the lightning he hits you with at the end, there is the lightning he throws at you throughout the fight that is deflectable.

Demonic Phoenix

Only due to him putting up the fleece as a barrier, which I doubt will work against SK. That's irrelevant though.

I seriously doubt he has the reflexes to roll away in time to actually dodge said Lightning Bolts which were slowed down for gameplay.

Fact is, LB's in the GoW-verse are toned down in power. They go from being able to hurt Titans (assumedly) to being able to only destroy buildings. Who is to say the thrown speed wasn't decreased?

MadMel
whats stopping starkiller from snapping kratos' neck with TK the second the match starts?

Phanteros
Originally posted by MadMel
whats stopping starkiller from snapping kratos' neck with TK the second the match starts? Not arguing on that.

Phanteros
Only due to him putting up the fleece as a barrier, which I doubt will work against SK. That's irrelevant though.

I seriously doubt he has the reflexes to roll away in time to actually dodge said Lightning Bolts which were slowed down for gameplay.

Fact is, LB's in the GoW-verse are toned down in power. They go from being able to hurt Titans (assumedly) to being able to only destroy buildings. Who is to say the thrown speed wasn't decreased? Only destroying buildings? that is a power control not speed. Why will zeus need to decrease his throwing speed when he plans to kill Kratos? decreasing his speed means he isn't planning to kill him and its the input of the attack that counts not the output.

Demonic Phoenix
Only destroying buildings? that is a power control not speed. Why will zeus need to decrease his throwing speed when he plans to kill Kratos? decreasing his speed means he isn't planning to kill him and its the input of the attack that counts not the output.

You don't get it do you?
Zeus' thunderbolts were viewed as lightning by the 'mortals' in the myths iirc. When Zeus attacks Sparta, I doubt the speed he throws them at equals the speed of lightning. If his Thunder bolts were as powerful as in the myths, he wouldn't have needed to come down to Sparta and stamp around in the first place.

iChaos

Not before Starkiller chokes Kratos to death and cut his head off.

Which he saw coming...

Wei Phoenix
Do you know how good your reflexes and perception skills have to be to be able to see lightning coming at you and have enough time to deflect it?

EvilAngel
Do you know how good your reflexes and perception skills have to be to be able to see lightning coming at you and have enough time to deflect it?

They do, they just think Kratos is that good.

I however, do not stick out tongue

Wei Phoenix
Honestly, I'm not saying Kratos beats Galen, in fact I'm saying he doesn't. I'm simply here defending the clash of weapons. I find that the proof that a saber can cut through his magic based weapons because they can be blocked by human weapons is just insane and faulty logic.

iChaos

no expression My point exactly.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by iChaos
no expression My point exactly.

My mistake, I apologize. I thought you tried to discredit him for that.

Hewhoknowsall
The Blade of Olympus is more powerful than a lightsaber.

Proof?

How do you know that the lightning was literally lightning? Did he actually block it or did he just withstand it (I forgot...)? Also, he wouldn't be able to block a lightsaber, so it wouldn't matter.

Galen TKs him to bits.

ArtificialGlory
Proof?
2:34
3fEFd_BiXQg

Though I'm not certain if the blade is nearly as powerful in Kratos' hands.

Also:
0:45
pI3Sjq5Py34&NR=1

MadMel
the BoO did wipe out an entire army with a single swing when zeus used it erm
and it did pwn the titans just by being stabbed into the ground..

but thats pretty irrelevant, considering SK could solo this match with a snap of his fingers..

Wei Phoenix
Proof?

How do you know that the lightning was literally lightning? Did he actually block it or did he just withstand it (I forgot...)? Also, he wouldn't be able to block a lightsaber, so it wouldn't matter.

Galen TKs him to bits.

If it wasn't real lightning then it was energy from the God of all Gods which would be above lightning. You have still yet to prove that a lightsaber can cut through magically based weapons.

Hewhoknowsall
If it wasn't real lightning then it was energy from the God of all Gods which would be above lightning. You have still yet to prove that a lightsaber can cut through magically based weapons.

It has cut through materials that can resist gigaton power explosions.

Not a single material in all of SW can COMPLETELY stop a lightsaber blade, although some can short it out/resist it. This is in a highly advanced galaxy. The Blade of Olympus gets blocked by guys with shields.

And no, I can't "prove" with 100% certainty that it can, since there aren't any magically based weapons in SW that a lightsaber could've been tested on.

About the lightning...but do you have proof that it went at lightspeed? Because if so then he should've been able to block/dodge that giant thingy that Ares threw at him in GoW quite easily.

OOPS!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't notice that we were talking about the Blade of Olympus, not Krato's usual blades. nvm...

Phanteros
(note not arguing about the fight)

Kratos in the temple was quite more focus on the pandora's box that on and and object that he didn't even know was coming at him.

iChaos
Blah, blah, blah. What proof do you have?

Phanteros
Blah, blah, blah. What proof do you have? Proof of what? The spear?

Wei Phoenix
It has cut through materials that can resist gigaton power explosions.

Not a single material in all of SW can COMPLETELY stop a lightsaber blade, although some can short it out/resist it. This is in a highly advanced galaxy. The Blade of Olympus gets blocked by guys with shields.

And no, I can't "prove" with 100% certainty that it can, since there aren't any magically based weapons in SW that a lightsaber could've been tested on.

About the lightning...but do you have proof that it went at lightspeed? Because if so then he should've been able to block/dodge that giant thingy that Ares threw at him in GoW quite easily.

OOPS!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't notice that we were talking about the Blade of Olympus, not Krato's usual blades. nvm...

Who said anything about that lightning being light speed?

You have proof that it can cut through human made materials, but nothing forged by Gods which is my point. You can't apply real world physics to magic.

iChaos
Proof of what? The spear?

Proof that he didn't have focus on the spear.

Phanteros
NIM7ndyA7bM

iChaos
Thanks for proving he was looking straight ahead (knowing it was coming).

NemeBro

Fact is, LB's in the GoW-verse are toned down in power. They go from being able to hurt Titans (assumedly) to being able to only destroy buildings. Who is to say the thrown speed wasn't decreased? He can do so to the bolts Zeus throws as well.

What they appeared like in gameplay is irrelevant, does not change the speed, I can see a bullet flying at me in say Ninja Gaiden, should we assume that it was because the bullets are slower, or should we make the (Correct) assumption that they slowed it down for the player?

Toned down in power? You ever seen a lightning bolt shatter a building sir? Or hurt a being as large as a mountain? If anything they are more powerful.

iChaos
How do you know Atlas was hurt?

NemeBro
Thanks for proving he was looking straight ahead (knowing it was coming). He was busy pushing Pandora's Box, but you probably know that, troll.

NemeBro
How do you know Atlas was hurt? Gee, it couldn't be the fact that he was stunned and visibly expressing pain was it?

Is this a conscious effort?

iChaos
He had stopped pushing it. And if he blocked lighting lighting as you said (or rathed "reacted"wink, that shouldn't be a problem. Now shut the **** up.

NemeBro
Which he saw coming... Your point is?

Superman can see a bullet coming, should we assume the bullet is slow?

Phanteros
He had stopped pushing it. And if he blocked lighting lighting as you said (or rathed "reacted"wink, that shouldn't be a problem. Now shut the **** up. calm down, man...

iChaos
Gee, it couldn't be the fact that he was stunned and visibly expressing pain was it?

Is this a conscious effort?

No.

NemeBro
He had stopped pushing it. And if he blocked lighting lighting as you said (or rathed "reacted"wink, that shouldn't be a problem. Now shut the **** up. We saw him for a very brief moment before being impaled by the pillar, which was sent flying miles in seconds.

Don't get pissy at me just because you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. smile

NemeBro
No. The alternative does not bode well for you then.

iChaos
Your point is?

Superman can see a bullet coming, should we assume the bullet is slow?

Too bad this isn't about Superman.

iChaos
We saw him for a very brief moment before being impaled by the pillar, which was sent flying miles in seconds.

Don't get pissy at me just because you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. smile

Actually, he was standing in the clear open.

NemeBro
Too bad this isn't about Superman. It is the same thing.

Just because Kratos can see it coming does not mean it is slower than it actually is, although you should have gotten the point the first time.

Phanteros
Too bad this isn't about Superman. he was using it as a relevancy to the topic.

Phanteros
Actually, he was standing in the clear open. he was standing half to the side of the box. and you act as if that Piller was slow.

NemeBro
Actually, he was standing in the clear open. He was right next to Pandora's Box. erm

iChaos
Just because Kratos can see it coming does not mean it is slower than it actually is, although you should have gotten the point the first time.

He saw lighting coming, and he "reacted" to that.

He was standing out in the open far enough to get hit but, by your logic, he was pushing it.

NemeBro
He saw lighting coming, and he "reacted" to that.

He was standing out in the open far enough to get hit but, by your logic, he was pushing it. What is your point? Assuming you have one and are not just spouting mindless garbage.

Because you totally cannot be hit while pushing it right?

iChaos
Couldn't move out of the way by a stupid pillar? Exactly.

Because he wasn't, lol.

Phanteros
Couldn't move out of the way by a stupid pillar? Exactly.

Because he wasn't, lol. You mean a piller that was crossing miles in seconds....

Hewhoknowsall
You mean a piller that was crossing miles in seconds....

the speed of light > miles in seconds

Phanteros
the speed of light > miles in seconds Lightning doesn't move at light speed......

Photons and electrons do however.

Demonic Phoenix
He can do so to the bolts Zeus throws as well.

What they appeared like in gameplay is irrelevant, does not change the speed, I can see a bullet flying at me in say Ninja Gaiden, should we assume that it was because the bullets are slower, or should we make the (Correct) assumption that they slowed it down for the player?

Toned down in power? You ever seen a lightning bolt shatter a building sir? Or hurt a being as large as a mountain? If anything they are more powerful.

You're right about that. Though my point was that Kratos could only roll out of the way as the bolts were slowed down for us.

(Kirin obliterated most of that hill stick out tongue)

lolwut? Shatter buildings? They only destroyed parts of buildings. Something that real-world lightning is capable of, never mind myth-Zeus bolts. He caused more damage by stamping aroundno expression. Then we have the case of the Last Spartan tanking the bolts. Even if he is a demigod, he wouldn't have survived a bolt by Zeus in the myths.
Also, when did Zeus hurt a titan with his Lightning bolts?

Demonic Phoenix
You mean a piller that was crossing miles in seconds....

Actual lightning crosses miles in a single second no expression.

The difference here being that Kratos was expecting the LB's. If you expect something, your chances at reacting to said thing are better, that's common sense.

Besides, Kratos was next to the box, but he was looking ahead erm. It's possible he was tired from his ordeals and pushing that box (lol wtf, was Athena going to have him take that box to Athens?).

the speed of light > miles in seconds

Lightspeed? Where the hell did you get that?

NemeBro
I will answer your post later DP, tired.

But he likely got that as a common misconception, electricity does travel at light speed, but air friction makes lightning slower, average speed being about 60,000 meters per second.

iChaos
Besides, Kratos was next to the box, but he was looking ahead erm. It's possible he was tired from his ordeals and pushing that box (lol wtf, was Athena going to have him take that box to Athens?).

Actually, he could've opened the box any time he got ready.

Demonic Phoenix

But he likely got that as a common misconception, electricity does travel at light speed, but air friction makes lightning slower, average speed being about 60,000 meters per second.

Save yourself the time and don't answer at all, FOOLISH MORTAL! stick out tongue

Fair enough. I hope that is the case >__>.

Shutter Control
Putting Sora in any thread is spite for Sora's side.

ermm

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Shutter Control
Putting Sora in any thread is spite for Sora's side.

ermm

Not really :P

Hewhoknowsall

True, but 60,000 meters per second is still FAR faster than however fast Ares threw that pillar.

Not that it matters, as Galen could just ragdoll Kratos via TK.

MadMel
isnt that whats ive been trying to with, idk, every post i made here?

syrymflash
LOL, have you people seen what Galen has done to all those big monsters, same is gonna happen to Kratos. I know that Kratos is much bigger , but size means nothing to him boy, he's a jedi.
He will choke him all day, until he dies. Starkiller will use lighting which will end Kratos life up.
mm , lets go easy way , Starkiller is going to toss all three of them to the sun, sure no one will survive that. smile

AsbestosFlaygon
Galen is a lot less durable than Kratos though.

He got killed by some puny force lightning.

Nephthys
Its debatable if I'm understanding it correctly, but Marek pretty much survived freefalling from the lower atmosphere: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Lj0hIXmjA

Note that he does soething wierd with the Tie fighter that may have slowed him momentum though, but that he took no damage from ramming into the thing at frickin' terminal volocity.

Plus it wasn't the lightning that killed him, Galen suicide bombed himself with the Force. And that 'puny force lightning' has completely disintergrated beings before.

TheAuraAngel
No one in this thread even comes close to Starkiller. He could kill them all with relative ease.

NemeBro
Galen Marek's power over the Force is looking pretty absurd, what with vaping a forest and stuff... Which did not even knock Vader back.

Nephthys
Well at least he hasn't been compared to a super-massive black hole yet.

NemeBro
Well there are more impressive showings of Force power in SW, like Sidious and Nihilus and stuff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.