Day of Vengeance in the MU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
After an experiment by Reed Richards goes horribly wrong the Spectre enters the Marvel 616 Universe. This is the Spectre at the start of DOV who has decided to destroy all magic because he believes it to be evil. Now in his new setting he decides to continue with the plan and destroy the magic of the Marvel Universe. How do the mystics of the MU fare? Can they stop the Spirit of Vengeance or does the Living Tribunal have to get involved?

galactusischere
Shuma Gorath and Vishanti send him back to DC. If they fail...
then Sise-neg comes and destroys the Spectre and the entire DC universe.

xJLxKing
At best, Spectre was a sky level being. However, he can easily amp to much higher level if he absorbs magic

CortSether
Any character above street level in DC Comics is lame.

Prep-Man
I would reverse that statement.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by galactusischere
Shuma Gorath and Vishanti send him back to DC. If they fail...
then Sise-neg comes and destroys the Spectre and the entire DC universe.

Shuma got nothing on Spectre. Well, at least an amped version.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Shuma got nothing on Spectre. Well, at least an amped version.
In his own realm he does.
Sise-neg at the height of his powers can solo the entire DC universe minus the precense.

Prep-Man
In his own realm he does.
Sise-neg at the height of his powers can solo the entire DC universe minus the precense.

Elaine, Mandrakk, Great Evil Beast, or Primal Monitor would also defeat Sinse-neg.

galactusischere
Elaine, Mandrakk, Great Evil Beast, or Primal Monitor would also defeat Sinse-neg.
yea GEB and PM definetaly.
Mandrakk and Elaine are questionable however.

King Kandy
lol, I made this thread.

DoV Spectre will probably lose. I'm sure he'll run into someone at least amped captain marvel level eventually.

CortSether

Mandrakk and Elaine? No.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by xJLxKing
At best, Spectre was a sky level being. However, he can easily amp to much higher level if he absorbs magic
Sky level? How did he beat Mxy then?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by King Kandy
lol, I made this thread.

DoV Spectre will probably lose. I'm sure he'll run into someone at least amped captain marvel level eventually.

Living Tribunal? Yeah, there are plenty of MU abstracts that can take down Spectre, but Spectre will kill a whole lot of them.

gogogadgetgo
pfft, loki would be enough

Omega Vision
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
pfft, loki would be enough
What the hell can Loki do to the Spectre? Don't forget even this not backed by the Presence Spectre beat the Phantom Stranger.
Phantom Stranger>>>>>>>>>>>>Loki

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Zeuodin
Sky level? How did he beat Mxy then?
Spectre is beyond Skyfather, he ranges from Entity to Multiversal Abstract but he's usually low Abstract level.
Depending on the writer the Spectre is usually above 5D Imps but in some cases 5D Imps are above everything, like in World's Funnest and Emperor Joker.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Spectre is beyond Skyfather, he ranges from Entity to Multiversal Abstract but he's usually low Abstract level.
Depending on the writer the Spectre is usually above 5D Imps but in some cases 5D Imps are above everything, like in World's Funnest and Emperor Joker.
In that arc he wasn't anymore powerful than an elder god and that's being generous.

xJLxKing
5D imps>>>Spectre, Mxy has owned Spectre too many times. He even beat the same Spectre that fought AM. Keep in mind, he was amped by many beings

iceman24567
If the Spectre has time to absorb a shit load of magic only high end cosmics would be able to put him down.

galactusischere
Originally posted by iceman24567
If the Spectre has time to absorb a shit load of magic only high end cosmics would be able to put him down.
Nah Vishanti and Shuma would be enough.

iceman24567
Enough to do what their magic will just get absorbed if he has time to gather more power. You obviously didn't read DOV.

Omega Vision
If Eclipso and Alexander Luthor jr hadn't been siphoning off the magic from the Spectre he would have easily defeated Nabu, Nabu himself admitted that. In this case those two above aren't factors so he'll get 100% of everything he absorbs.

galactusischere
Enough to do what their magic will just get absorbed if he has time to gather more power. You obviously didn't read DOV.
He almost got beat by cap marvel with amp. I've read enough of it to know that the Vishanti and Shuma can beat him. If they can't which "high end" cosmic can beat them other than the LT and Abraxas?

kgkg
This guy will do it.

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/2303/50230911.th.jpg

Omega Vision
He almost got beat by cap marvel with amp. I've read enough of it to know that the Vishanti and Shuma can beat him. If they can't which "high end" cosmic can beat them other than the LT and Abraxas?
Read my above post and then also consider just how much power was flowing through Captain Marvel at the time. Cap was arguably high abstract level at the time seeing as pretty much all the remaining magic in the Universe was flowing through him.
One way or another, par for the course Eternity is going to get his ass kicked (because he's eternity)

nicamarvin
Nah Vishanti and Shuma would be enough. How about an amp Classic Atum in God eater mode?

or HOME Wanda?

iceman24567
If Eclipso and Alexander Luthor jr hadn't been siphoning off the magic from the Spectre he would have easily defeated Nabu, Nabu himself admitted that. In this case those two above aren't factors so he'll get 100% of everything he absorbs. This

He almost got beat by cap marvel with amp. I've read enough of it to know that the Vishanti and Shuma can beat him. If they can't which "high end" cosmic can beat them other than the LT and Abraxas? No given enough magic to feed on Spectre would be above the Vishanti and Shuma

Merlyn
Even when Black Alice absorbed ALL of Spectre's magic during DoV, they (DC's magic users) were still unable to touch Spectre, let alone defeat him.

And without God himself to intervene in Marvel, Spectre would cruch all magic there, just as he did in DC. Anyone arguing that much is showing an extreme bias IMO.

galactusischere
This

No given enough magic to feed on Spectre would be above the Vishanti and Shuma
If he can take them which high end cosmics can beat him?

iceman24567
Celestials, Lt, Oblivion, Reed Richards with prep erm

Omega Vision
If he can take them which high end cosmics can beat him?
Starting from the top:
Living Tribunal
Multi-Death
Multi-Infinity
Multi-Eternity
feel free to add more as you see fit, those for me are the certain choices, below them it gets kinda murky.

CortSether
Sise-Neg
Alien Entity
Merlyn (with Energy Matrix)
Captain Britain (w/ Excalibur and AoR)
Edifice Rex
Korvac

just to name some others.

galactusischere
Starting from the top:
Living Tribunal
Multi-Death
Multi-Infinity
Multi-Eternity
feel free to add more as you see fit, those for me are the certain choices, below them it gets kinda murky.
They're not mystical are they?
and Abraxas>the multi-abstracts

galactusischere
Originally posted by CortSether
Sise-Neg
Alien Entity
Edifice Rex
Korvac

some of those aren't mystical

Aries_04
I would reverse that statement.

I wouldn't

nicamarvin
Originally posted by CortSether
Sise-Neg
Alien Entity
Edifice Rex
Korvac

no crazy mutants? MJJ, HOM Girl, J Bradock......... confused

Omega Vision
They're not mystical are they?
and Abraxas>the multi-abstracts
No he isn't. You seem to have this bizarre belief that Galactus and everything related to Galactus >>> Everything else for the most part.

galactusischere
No he isn't. You seem to have this bizarre belief that Galactus and everything related to Galactus >>> Everything else for the most part.
Lol Abraxas is below multi abstracts?
He would have destroyed the multi-verse(infinity and eternity)if he wasn't stopped. Its a know fact that he is above multi-abstracts individualy.
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/792375/Et.jpg.html
no multi-abstract can do this:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/792446/Ab1.jpg.html

nicamarvin
You seem to have this bizarre belief that Galactus and everything related to Galactus >>> Everything else for the most part. whats wrong with that.... mad

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Merlyn
Even when Black Alice absorbed ALL of Spectre's magic during DoV, they (DC's magic users) were still unable to touch Spectre, let alone defeat him.

And without God himself to intervene in Marvel, Spectre would cruch all magic there, just as he did in DC. Anyone arguing that much is showing an extreme bias IMO. So anything short of TOAA intervening and Spectre would not be stopped? Spectre's been stopped before by less than God, y'know... and that includes magic.

Although based on some of the responses, I'm wondering whether the thread starter meant to limit this fight to only Marvel magic users, using only magic.

Mindset
Living Tribunal? Yeah, there are plenty of MU abstracts that can take down Spectre, but Spectre will kill a whole lot of them. You think Amped CM is on the same level as LT?

Or were you just throwing out a name?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
So anything short of TOAA intervening and Spectre would not be stopped? Spectre's been stopped before by less than God, y'know... and that includes magic.

Although based on some of the responses, I'm wondering whether the thread starter meant to limit this fight to only Marvel magic users, using only magic.
My idea was to ask if magic users alone could stop him and if not who would? I know LT could stop him but I want to know peoples opinions on what guys like Galactus would do to him.

Galan007
i love how people keep using spectre's fight against captain marvel during DoV, as though it was some kind of low showing. srsly

captain marvel was amped with the power of "tens of thousands" of magic users. he became so powerful that the mere shock waves produced by his punches were causing devastating repercussions throughout several other divergent dimensions.

is it a low showing for a hostless spectre to be momentarily set back by power on that level? not in my book.

OneDumbG0
My idea was to ask if magic users alone could stop him and if not who would? I know LT could stop him but I want to know peoples opinions on what guys like Galactus would do to him. Magic users alone could stop him.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Mindset
You think Amped CM is on the same level as LT?

Or were you just throwing out a name?

No, Amped Spectre. I was saying LT would be enough to take care of him.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Galan007
i love how people keep using spectre's fight against captain marvel during DoV, as though it was some kind of low showing. srsly

captain marvel was amped with the power of "tens of thousands" of magic users. he became so powerful that the mere shock waves produced by his punches were causing devastating repercussions throughout several other divergent dimensions.

is it a low showing for a hostless spectre to be momentarily set back by power on that level? not in my book.

Exactly.

King Kandy

It's not a low showing, i'm just saying I think there are magical entities in marvel as strong or stronger than CM was, and that they would be capable of defeating Spectre.

Hell, Odin has done the same thing CM did.

Omega Vision
It's not a low showing, i'm just saying I think there are magical entities in marvel as strong or stronger than CM was, and that they would be capable of defeating Spectre.

Hell, Odin has done the same thing CM did.
Where? When?

kevdude
Where? When?

Agreed thumb up, never seen Odin take on that kinda of power, a hostless Spectre who treated a 5D imp like nothing.

Omega Vision
A few of the people who fed Captain Marvel their power were near Odin's level anyway.

Prep-Man
When did Spectre take on an Imp again? If so, he should be leagues above most magic abstracts. If not all.

jasofisc
After an experiment by Reed Richards goes horribly wrong the Spectre enters the Marvel 616 Universe. This is the Spectre at the start of DOV who has decided to destroy all magic because he believes it to be evil. Now in his new setting he decides to continue with the plan and destroy the magic of the Marvel Universe. How do the mystics of the MU fare? Can they stop the Spirit of Vengeance or does the Living Tribunal have to get involved?

this would be awesome who would be the magic people in the 616 universe. I thought the vishti were in another universe? shuman goth as well

Omega Vision
It goes without saying that current Strange gets assraped. Would the Spectre count Juggernaut as a magical being?

jasofisc
It goes without saying that current Strange gets assraped. Would the Spectre count Juggernaut as a magical being?

i think so

jasofisc
so like if classic strange, scarlet witch, ghost rider, juggernaut, brother vodoo, and shaman all ganged up on him at the same time would they even stand a chance. (also do Gods and abstracts really count spector didn't really attack those guys did he. I remember the lords of order and chaos does that count as abstracts)

Prep-Man
Marvel's mages aren't as formidable as DC's. Mainly because DC focuses more on homomagi. I know Marvel's Midnight Sons might help, but DC has the Sentinel's of Magic and Shadowpact. Plus a few other teams.

galactusischere
Spectre can't win against the big mystical dogs.

galactusischere
Marvel's mages aren't as formidable as DC's. Mainly because DC focuses more on homomagi. I know Marvel's Midnight Sons might help, but DC has the Sentinel's of Magic and Shadowpact. Plus a few other teams.
HoM wanda....

iceman24567
You name one person for what reason?

Galan007
HoM wanda.... ...doesn't exist anymore?

Prep-Man
HoM wanda....

Not magic.

kgkg
Not magic. Based on what exactly? I mean it's been called "mystic" and "chaos magic" before.

Prep-Man
oh, i thought it was just chaos. Not pure magic. Anyway, HOM Wanda is not at those power levels now.

King Kandy
Originally posted by kevdude
Agreed thumb up, never seen Odin take on that kinda of power, a hostless Spectre who treated a 5D imp like nothing.
You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Spectre never even met mxy during DoV. Mxy turned up later powerless because all the magic in the human realm was gone, so he had no way of getting back to the 5th dimension. It is not a direct feat at all.

kevdude
You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Spectre never even met mxy during DoV. Mxy turned up later powerless because all the magic in the human realm was gone, so he had no way of getting back to the 5th dimension. It is not a direct feat at all.

Sticking the foot in the mouth again eh?? I'm not talking about Mxy, talking about Johnny Thunderbolt. Is true what you said about Mxy as it was a side effect of what The Spectre was doing.

Warlord
Archenemy could give him some trouble

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Warlord
Archenemy could give him some trouble

The way Archenemy works, is that he is pretty much immune to magic. That's how he can punk guys like Dormammu and Mephisto in their own realms. Archenemy would crush Spectre.

jasofisc
odin vs Spectre would most likly play out the same way shazam vs spectre turned out (maybe with a bit more hurt on spectre) however I asked a question earlyer about if spectre would go after gods he didn't in Day of vengeance

KuRuPT Thanosi

And without God himself to intervene in Marvel, Spectre would cruch all magic there, just as he did in DC. Anyone arguing that much is showing an extreme bias IMO.

It's funny cause Nabu and Marvel and others seemed to do pretty

well.

Seems to me...
Shuma
The Vishanti
Classic Strange with Prep
Odin/Zeus
Galactus
Celestials
Eternity/Infinity

Would be more than enough

Galan007
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
It's funny cause Nabu and Marvel and others seemed to do pretty

well. nabu was THE most powerful magic user in DC - but even he was utterly dominated once spectre got pissed.

and as i said earlier, marvel was amped with the power of "tens of thousands" of magic users. the simple shock waves his punches produced were devastating numerous other dimensions... plus, he received that amp mid-battle

Seems to me...
Shuma
The Vishanti
Zeus in all fairness, those are the only currently existing 'mystics' you listed :
How do the mystics of the MU fare?

Warlord
Sise Neg
Zom
Archenemy
ftp

Merlyn
in all fairness, those are the only currently existing 'mystics' you listed : "Currently Existing Mystics": Those are key words right there.

What I mean is, despite the "current" rule of this forum, I keep seeing people list magic wielders that have long since been dead. Anything for Marvel to win I guess.

KuRuPT Thanosi
nabu was THE most powerful magic user in DC - but even he was utterly dominated once spectre got pissed.

and as i said earlier, marvel was amped with the power of "tens of thousands" of magic users. the simple shock waves his punches produced were devastating numerous other dimensions... plus, he received that amp mid-battle

in all fairness, those are the only currently existing 'mystics' you listed :

Isn't Odin's power mystic in nature as well? I remember his powers being describe as such. I also forgot how powerful Zom was and about Dorm

DarkOdin
Isn't Odin's power mystic in nature as well? I remember his powers being describe as such. I also forgot how powerful Zom was and about Dorm Odin stated that his power was divine when he was fighting Thanos. The Odin-power is not magic it's source was his two brothers added their powers to him. Odin does do use/have magic. "RUNES"

Galan007
Isn't Odin's power mystic in nature as well? I remember his powers being describe as such. I also forgot how powerful Zom was and about Dorm i'd quantify odin as a 'mystic' character, but he's not alive anymore is he?

zom is... meh. yes, i understand LT had to intervene to stop him, but that was what? 40+ years ago? give me a break.

dormammu is powerful also, but i personally wouldn't place him above spectre.

KuRuPT Thanosi
i'd quantify odin as a 'mystic' character, but he's not alive anymore is he?

zom is... meh. yes, i understand LT had to intervene to stop him, but that was what? 40+ years ago? give me a break.

dormammu is powerful also, but i personally wouldn't place him above spectre. thumb up I agree it was 40+ years ago and kinda outdated so to speak. still it was impressive big grin

Galan007
thumb up I agree it was 40+ years ago and kinda outdated so to speak. still it was impressive big grin well god himself had to intervene to stop spectre. so if we're basing a character simply off of that guideline, spectre > zom.

stick out tongue

Philosophía
LT > DC's God, you should know that by now, Galan.

KuRuPT Thanosi

jasofisc
so what if Dormmamu, zom, morgan la fay, merlin, doctor vodoo, scarlet witch, magik, thor attacked him and then right after that the entire counsel of King gods

Nihilist
Classic "Dues ex machina" Dr Strange would stop him.

iceman24567
Originally posted by jasofisc
so what if Dormmamu, zom, morgan la fay, merlin, doctor vodoo, scarlet witch, magik, thor attacked him and then right after that the entire counsel of King gods He would die but if he's able to fight them one by one adding their power to his he can win. He would have to start small and work his way up to have any chance.

OneDumbG0
"Currently Existing Mystics": Those are key words right there.

What I mean is, despite the "current" rule of this forum, I keep seeing people list magic wielders that have long since been dead. Anything for Marvel to win I guess. Spectre's been trapped in a magical crystal ball before.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.