Army busting level?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
How would you rank each of the following in terms of how well they'd fare against a united Earth's military forces?

0: none
1: Medieval world's armies busting level
2: Enlightenment world's armies busting level
3: WW2 world's armies busting level
4: Modern world's armies busting level
5: Star Wars galaxy's armies busting level

Note: by army I also mean air/navy/etc.

Daredevil
Captain America
Wolverine
Spiderman
Thing
Hercules
Sue
Storm
Iron Man
Savage Hulk
WW Hulk
Thor
Superman
Silver Surfer
Odin
Exitar

Omega Vision
Daredevil-0
Captain America-0.5
Wolverine-2
Spiderman-1.5
Thing-2.5
Hercules-2.5
Sue-?
Storm-0.5
Iron Man-2.5
Savage Hulk-3
WW Hulk-3.5
Thor-4
Superman-4
Silver Surfer-4.5
Odin-4.5
Exitar-5
The main factor here is durability. Cap does better than DD thanks to his shield but he has plenty of weakspots and I can't see him taking down an entire medieval army by himself, eventually he would tire out and get overwhelmed.

SoulDevourer
Savage Hulk & WWH woud walk on modern armies too

same for Hercules

dunno about Thing

Batman-Prime
united Earth's military forces? by army I also mean air/navy/etc.

Daredevil - 0
Captain America - 0
Wolverine - 0
Spiderman - 0
Thing - 2
Hercules - 2
Sue - 0
Storm - 0
Iron Man - 2
Savage Hulk - 3
WW Hulk - 3
Thor - 3
Superman - 3
Silver Surfer - 3
Odin - 4
Exitar.......

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall

Thor
Superman
Silver Surfer
Odin
Exitar

nothing stops them imo, Thor maybe but the rest is unbeatable for these (only watched the Star Wars movies though)

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Parmaniac
nothing stops them imo, Thor maybe but the rest is unbeatable for these (only watched the Star Wars movies though)

Thor - How fast can Thor travel again? Because couldn't the star destroyers pummel him from hundreds of thousands of miles away (and they can produce firepower in the millions of atom bombs per shot) and then jump to hyperspace when he gets to them? And then come back again...and so on? What about the Sun Crusher that makes stars go nova?

Superman - See above, also he couldn't literally defeat SW in a war since Superman won't be able to travel fast enough - 99.99% the speed of light still isn't fast enough to get across a galaxy in a reasonable amount of time.

Silver Surfer - possibly

Odin - well, if he just destroys the galaxy...

Exitar - definately

Parmaniac
Thor - How fast can Thor travel again? Because couldn't the star destroyers pummel him from hundreds of thousands of miles away (and they can produce firepower in the millions of atom bombs per shot) and then jump to hyperspace when he gets to them? And then come back again...and so on? What about the Sun Crusher that makes stars go nova?

Superman - See above, also he couldn't literally defeat SW in a war since Superman won't be able to travel fast enough - 99.99% the speed of light still isn't fast enough to get across a galaxy in a reasonable amount of time.

Silver Surfer - possibly

Exitar - definately

IDK what a sun crusher is but the death star can't just fire like a machine gun it needs to charge, so in a scenario where all of them really fight for their lives I don't think the death star is pretty useful

SoulDevourer
IDK what a sun crusher is non canon stick out tongue its part of expanded universe or somethin

AlmightyKfish
SOme of the advanced Star Wars war tech could cause real problems, like the Galaxy Gun for example...

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
non canon stick out tongue its part of expanded universe or somethin

Dude, the expanded universe is canon, this is STATED by George Lucas, plus many of the events in the EU directly relate to the movies (the reason why Grevious coughs so much in Revenge of the Sith is that Mace Windu crushed his lungs in the clone wars cartoon, which is part of the EU, one of the scenes in A New Hope where the heroes escape is explained in an EU book)

I'd say that Exitar, possibly Odin and MAYBE Silver Surfer clear all 5

Omega Vision
IDK what a sun crusher is but the death star can't just fire like a machine gun it needs to charge, so in a scenario where all of them really fight for their lives I don't think the death star is pretty useful
The Death Star was really less of a practical weapon and more a weapon of terror and expression of Palpatine's great ego.

Parmaniac
Dude, the expanded universe is canon, this is STATED by George Lucas, plus many of the events in the EU directly relate to the movies (the reason why Grevious coughs so much in Revenge of the Sith is that Mace Windu crushed his lungs in the clone wars cartoon, which is part of the EU, one of the scenes in A New Hope where the heroes escape is explained in an EU book)

Then explain what a suncrusher is smile maybe I'll change my mind, from what I've seen in the movies I'll stay with my opinion

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Omega Vision
The Death Star was really less of a practical weapon and more a weapon of terror and expression of Palpatine's great ego.

Uh no, this book called Star Wars: Death Star (and the books ARE canon if approved by Lucas and is not fan fic/a what if) shows people with experience in the military saying that the Death Star once constructed might render "modern" warfare obsolete.

Think about it...with the Death Star, you could simply go to your enemy's capital and blow it up, or any of their military bases...

Anyway, as I said, Exitar, possibly Odin and MAYBE Silver Surfer clear all 5.

Then explain what a suncrusher is smile maybe I'll change my mind, from what I've seen in the movies I'll stay with my opinion

The Sun Crusher can make a sun go nova...

Plus SW has lots of superweapons on par with this, such as the Galaxy Gun and, of course, the Death Star...

Omega Vision
Uh no, this book called Star Wars: Death Star (and the books ARE canon if approved by Lucas and is not fan fic/a what if) shows people with experience in the military saying that the Death Star once constructed might render "modern" warfare obsolete.

Think about it...with the Death Star, you could simply go to your enemy's capital and blow it up, or any of their military bases...

With the sheer amount of power each Star Destroyer had the Empire could already do that. The Death Star was a huge waste no matter how many times people try to say it made sense. The Death Star would have fallen prey to sabotage eventually. Or Tarkin would have tried taking control of it.

Wei Phoenix

Silver Surfer - possibly

Exitar - definately

Or Thor could drain the electricity from all of their weapons and ships and render them useless. Superman also goes much faster than 99.99% the speed of light.

SoulDevourer
Dude, the expanded universe is canon, this is STATED by George Lucas wut
he got nothin to do with the EU he never write it or anythin huh when did he say dat?

so now other ppl influence Lucas on his own work? hows did they pull that of? laughing out loud

Doctor-Alvis

Wasn't the official stance that the cough was because he was like a prototype of the yet to be perfected cybernetic technology and a nod to the Clone Wars cartoon at the same time?

Hewhoknowsall
wut
he got nothin to do with the EU he never write it or anythin huh when did he say dat?

so now other ppl influence Lucas on his own work? hows did they pull that of? laughing out loud

More or less EVERY director gets influence from his advisers/others' works...

And yes, the EU is canon, heck the EU contains MUCH more content than the movies do...

G canon = Movies
C canon = Books/etc.

G canon overrides C canon IF they contradict, but if they don't then C canon (EU) is canon.

With the sheer amount of power each Star Destroyer had the Empire could already do that. The Death Star was a huge waste no matter how many times people try to say it made sense. The Death Star would have fallen prey to sabotage eventually. Or Tarkin would have tried taking control of it.

No, star destroyers can't destroy planets...they can render them uninhabitable, but can't DESTROY them...and planetary shields can stop them.

True, creating a weapon to attempt to slaughter and enslave trillions is horrible and a waste, but military wise it IS useful.

SoulDevourer
More or less EVERY director gets influence from his advisers/others' works...

And yes, the EU is canon, heck the EU contains MUCH more content than the movies doconfused that dont make it canon

then any1 on the web can make there own fanfic, as long as it dont contradict the movies & only add somethin then its canon laughing out loud

edit> heres a contradicton : in the movies the "force ghosts" are imortal, in the EU their mortal cool

Omega Vision
confused that dont make it canon

then any1 on the web can make there own fanfic, as long as it dont contradict the movies & only add somethin then its canon laughing out loud

edit> heres a contradicton : in the movies the "force ghosts" are imortal, in the EU their mortal cool
Your point? He said that if movie canon contradicts EU stuff then the movie stuff is correct. There's a big difference between fan fiction and books sanctioned by George Lucas.

SoulDevourer
Your point? He said that if movie canon contradicts EU stuff then the movie stuff is correct. There's a big difference between fan fiction and books sanctioned by George Lucas. alrite so when & wheres Lucas say the EU is canon?

-Pr-

i guess it's a good thing that he can fly ftl, then...

and no. no c canon. if it's not G canon, then don't bother. i won't have this turning in to another star wars vs thread...

KingD19
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Wasn't the official stance that the cough was because he was like a prototype of the yet to be perfected cybernetic technology and a nod to the Clone Wars cartoon at the same time?

Nope, he was a warrior of his own people, got nearly killed, then had his brain, heart, and lungs put in a droid body, then General Grievous was born. He was whooping ass in the original(good) clone wars cartoon, then Mace crushed his chest, which damaged his lungs, giving him a bad cough and something resembling asthma.

And the sun crusher is a ship about the size of a small fighter, like an X-Wing, it's basically invulnerable because of it's layered Quantum CrystallineArmor. Because of that, Han Solo flew it completely through the bridge of a Star Destroyer unharmed, plus it can take turbolasers , a shot from the Death Star, and the explosion of a sun. It shoots a resonance torpedo which drills into the core of a sun, and causes it to go unstable, and when the sun goes, so does everything else.

Hewhoknowsall
alrite so when & wheres Lucas say the EU is canon?

...no offense or anything, but how much do you actually know about Star Wars?

Fan Fiction is NOT approved by GL, so it is NOT canon.

What if stories are also not canon, as are gameplay MECHANICS for games.

This is stated by GL numerous times...

And as I said before, a lot of the content/events in the movie are caused by EU events, for example the reason why Grevious coughs so much is because Mace crushes his lungs in the Clone Wars cartoon (which is EU material).

Just search "Star Wars canon" on google.

Wei Phoenix
Thor
Superman
Silver Surfer
Odin
Exitar

Those guys clear it. Storm can do pretty good herself too in my opinion.

Omega Vision
Storm's problem is that a lucky musket ball could drop her.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsnothing
...no offense or anything, but how much do you actually know about Star Wars?

Fan Fiction is NOT approved by GL, so it is NOT canon.

What if stories are also not canon, as are gameplay MECHANICS for games.

This is stated by GL numerous times...

And as I said before, a lot of the content/events in the movie are caused by EU events, for example the reason why Grevious coughs so much is because Mace crushes his lungs in the Clone Wars cartoon (which is EU material).

Just search "Star Wars canon" on google. lol u seem to kno nothin about SW cept the EU books
u even watch the movies? i have (all 6 + all of CW series & movie). + played all SW FPS games cept Force Unleashed. games are Lucasarts so their canon unless it go against movies (like the mechanics & stuff)

Clone Wars is EU? lol laughing out loud CW NOT EU, CW IS ALSO FROM LUCAS so it IS canon

EU IS NO MORE CANON THEN FANFIC cuz Lucas & co. dint make it so it aint worth SHIT...unless Lucas himself approved them books (still waitin proof)

Omega Vision
lol u seem to kno nothin about SW cept the EU books
u even watch the movies? i have (all 6 + all of CW series & movie). + played all SW FPS games cept Force Unleashed. games are Lucasarts so their canon unless it go against movies (like the mechanics & stuff)

Clone Wars is EU? lol laughing out loud CW NOT EU, CW IS ALSO FROM LUCAS so it IS canon. FFS whats so hard to undestand?

EU IS NO MORE CANON THEN FANFIC cuz Lucas dint make it so it aint worth SHIT...unless Lucas himself approved them books (still waitin proof)
Sigh... Lucas isn't in charge of the main creative thrust of Star Wars anymore. The EU exists to continue the story where the movies left off because Lucas doesn't want to make any more movies. You seem to think that its only canon if you've seen it (and liked it) which is an idiotic way to determine what is and isn't canon. There's a huge difference between fan fiction and EU books because Lucas gives every EU book his approval as CANON SUPPLEMENTS to the movies.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by -Pr-

and no. no c canon. if it's not G canon, then don't bother. thumb up

HE started it stick out tongue

SoulDevourer
OV : it dont have to be Lucas-made 2b canon, only Lucas-approved, read my post cuz thats what i said roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lucas gives every EU book his approval as CANON SUPPLEMENTS to the movies. im good with that IF thats true

prove it. got a link to official Lucas site or somethin?

Omega Vision
Star Wars The Clone Wars has been stated to be T-Canon (television canon) so its not quite the same as G canon but its stated to be above C canon. That is all I'll say on that matter.

Cartesian Doubt
Surfer, Odin and Exitar make it to level 5, and maybe Superman. and Thor.

I don't really see anything in the Star Wars arsenal hurting Supes, although you could argue the Death Satr might. However I don't see how the empire could maneuver the death star into poistion to hit Supes, the same applies to Thor, although Im sure the death Star would kill Thor.

Wei Phoenix
Storm's problem is that a lucky musket ball could drop her.

Very unlikely that would happen seeing as she could drop them in an instant.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by KingD19
Nope, he was a warrior of his own people, got nearly killed, then had his brain, heart, and lungs put in a droid body, then General Grievous was born. He was whooping ass in the original(good) clone wars cartoon, then Mace crushed his chest, which damaged his lungs, giving him a bad cough and something resembling asthma.
Yeah, but did Grievous cough in Revenge of the Sith because Mace crushed his chest in Clone Wars or did Mace crush his chest in Clone Wars because Grievous was going to be coughing in Revenge of the Sith?

Hewhoknowsall

SoulDevourer

DIRECT QUOTE FROM GEORGE LUCAS:

"'Gospel,' or canon as we refer to it, includes the screenplays, the films, the radio dramas and the novelizations. These works spin out of George Lucas' original stories, the rest are written by other writers ROFLCOPTER laughing out loud is that rilly from Lucas or is that jus u talkin?
now Lucas speak of himself in 3rd person? laughing

btw ive played teh games & u havent. the games r more canon then yo EU books Happy Dance

Omega Vision
ROFLCOPTER laughing out loud is that jus u talkin or is that rilly from Lucas?

so Lucas speak of himself in 3rd person? laughing
Honestly? It wouldn't surprise me if he did. laughing

SoulDevourer
so u guys sayin Lucas accept characters like that blue admiral (wuts his name) & Cbaoth? or that Palpatine wuz resurected after Vader toss him in that shaft? or existence of the animals that block the force like the one the blue admiral keep as pet & wich stop Cbaoths lightning? of that theres this floating jedi who stops Palp from reincarnatin in one of Solos kids? or the force cage like the one Luke wuz in & wich somehow stop jedis from usin there powers? or that a sith can change a human into another dark jedi just by transferin power to them like Palp did? or those black phantom ships piloted by brains of killed imperial pilots? or that somethin like a jedi tree rilly exists?

u sayin GL accept all o that shit? confused

Omega Vision
so u guys sayin Lucas accept characters like that blue admiral (wuts his name) & Cbaoth? or that Palpatine wuz resurected after Vader toss him in that shaft? or existence of the animals that block the force like the one the blue admiral keep as pet & wich stop Cbaoths lightning? of that theres this floating jedi who stops Palp from reincarnatin in one of Solos kids? or the force cage like the one Luke wuz in & wich somehow stop jedis from usin there powers? or that a sith can change a human into another dark jedi just by transferin power to them like Palp did? or those black phantom ships piloted by brains of killed imperial pilots? or that somethin like a jedi tree rilly exists?

u sayin GL accept all o that shit? confused
So long as it doesn't clash with G canon yes, that's entirely correct. Please stop being dense and stubborn and accept that no matter what you want to believe the fact is that the majority of EU stuff is canon.

SoulDevourer
So long as it doesn't clash with G canon yes, that's entirely correct. Please stop being dense and stubborn and accept that no matter what you want to believe the fact is that the majority of EU stuff is canon. hey ok u know wut I believe u ! it jus means Lucas is WEAK & easily influence by others laughing out loud

i mean serously d00d...if GL put his stamp on (allmost) any fanfic he gets on his desk without question then its basicly fans tellin Lucas how to do Lucas own work. LOLOL. old mans got a weaker mind then a imperial stormtrooper laughing out loud

Omega Vision
hey ok u know wut I believe u
it jus means Lucas is WEAK & easily influence by others laughing out loud

i mean serously d00d...if the old man put his stamp on (allmost) any fanfic he gets on his desk without question then its basicly fans tellin Lucas how to do Lucas own work. LOLOL laughing out loud
They're not fanfiction though. They're Official Fiction. Yes the quality isn't always superb but show me fanfiction on the level of the Thrawn trilogy.

KingD19
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Yeah, but did Grievous cough in Revenge of the Sith because Mace crushed his chest in Clone Wars or did Mace crush his chest in Clone Wars because Grievous was going to be coughing in Revenge of the Sith?

I read up on it, and yes, he coughed because Mace crushed his chest. Turns out, his organs didn't take well to his cyborg body, so he was already coughing and stuff, but when Mace crushed the chest plate covering his organs, his lungs were injured, making him cough more.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by KingD19
I read up on it, and yes, he coughed because Mace crushed his chest. Turns out, his organs didn't take well to his cyborg body, so he was already coughing and stuff, but when Mace crushed the chest plate covering his organs, his lungs were injured, making him cough more.
Wasn't that also the cause for his bad posture?

SoulDevourer
They're not fanfiction though. They're Official Fiction. Yes the quality isn't always superb but show me fanfiction on the level of the Thrawn trilogy. hey notice how Thraw trilogy contradict the rest of EU (where Palpatines alive)?

EU says : Palp is resurected RIGHT AT THE END of ROTJ (when Vader toss him down dat shaft)

so how about that : during ALL of Trawn trilogy we dont see ONCE Palpatine even tho we know hes alive

only AFTER the Trawn trilogys over, ALL OF SUDDEN we see Palpatine alive when Lukes taken to see him

lol

so basicly its like Palpatines DEAD during ENTIRE Trawn story...well either that, or the Emperors alive but hes just sittin there doin nothing & letting Trawn control everythin & CBaoth make a mess of things? if u think thats credibel then good4u lol

Omega Vision
hey notice how Thraw trilogy contradict the rest of EU (where Palpatines alive)?

EU says : Palp is resurected RIGHT AT THE END of ROTJ (when Vader toss him down dat shaft)

so how about that : during ALL of Trawn trilogy we dont see ONCE Palpatine even tho we know hes alive

only AFTER the Trawn trilogys over, ALL OF SUDDEN we see Palpatine alive when Lukes taken to see him

lol

so basicly its like Palpatines DEAD during ENTIRE Trawn story...well either that, or the Emperors alive but hes just sittin there doin nothing & letting Trawn control everythin & CBaoth make a mess of things? if u think thats credibel then good4u lol
It was a clone and I'm fairly certain he was laying low while Thrawn was amassing power. Only with Thrawn out of the way could the cloned Emperor reemerge and take another grab at power.

SoulDevourer
Only with Thrawn out of the way could the cloned Emperor reemerge and take another grab at power. but that dont make sense. its still the emperor, plus same body (clone, looks the same) so every1 in the Remnant woud recognize & obey him. even Trawns gotta obey him (iirc they say its Palpatine who appoint Trawn grand admiral because he trusted him the most or somethin, yet Trawn dint know about the resurection?)

what if that lizard dint kill Trawn & he become more powerful, the "Emperor" would of just sat & done nothin?

(btw aint it wierd we never even hear of Trawn during the movies. even tho there aint many Grand admirals around, what, less then a handful?)

Omega Vision
but that dont make sense. its still the emperor, plus same body (clone, looks the same) so every1 in the Remnant woud recognize & obey him. even Trawns gotta obey him (iirc they say its Palpatine who appoint Trawn grand admiral because he trusted him the most or somethin, yet Trawn dint know about the resurection?)

what if that lizard dint kill Trawn & he become more powerful, the "Emperor" would of just sat & done nothin?

(btw aint it wierd we never even hear of Trawn during the movies. even tho there aint many Grand admirals around, what, less then a handful?)
Why would you hear about him in the movies? At that point in time I'm fairly certain he was a low level Imperial officer in the Outer Rim. And Thrawn wouldn't have stepped out of the way for the Emperor, he would have fought him and he would have won. The Emperor was shocked that Thrawn would try and take over the Galaxy and wasn't prepared to take him on so he sat it out until he died.

SoulDevourer
Why would you hear about him in the movies? At that point in time I'm fairly certain he was a low level Imperial officer in the Outer Rim. yeah but Emperors still alive when Trawn became grand admiral (so thats DURING movie storyline ^^)

i mean Grand Admirals are suppose to be 2nd in rank after Emperor himself, so GA Trawn had that much influence (as much as Vader & Tarkin) yet we never even hear about him even once, say in ROTJ...wtf?
u sayin Sidious dint expect Trawn turn against him? never had a backup plan just in case he turn on him?
wut if Trawn wasnt killed, then wut?

btw did Trawn know the emperor wuz alive?

Hewhoknowsall
It's extremely sad how ignorant some people are...

You guys, have you ever ventured to these forums that talk about comic book characters? Don't you sometimes get mad at how some people are so ignorant about comic book characters?

For example, in this one forum there was a thread "Superman vs Spiderman", and this one guy was like "hm...I don't know, Superman had the strength but Spiderman has the speed"!

Don't you see how ignorant the above post is? Spiderman being faster than Superman???? LOL that's funny.

Same thing with some (not all, just some) of you. You claim that you have "more games", only that I also have Force Unleashed, Knight of the Old Republic, Republic Commando, Empire at War, Lego Star Wars series, Battlefront series and a bunch of others. You have...one game.

Stop acting like as if you know ANYTHING about Star Wars beyond the movies.

I said: go online to Google and type Star Wars canon policy.

George Lucas APPROVES of the books. If you don't like it, too bad. George Lucas = owner of Star Wars, so his word is FINAL. Your opinion < GL's STATEMENT

And the Star Wars cartoon IS part of the EU. The Expanded Universe = anything about SW outside of the movies. So stop going like "it's EU??? HAHAH" like as if that idea is ridiculous, because it's the truth.

Also, many books have events that directly translate into the movies.

Also, in some outside forums/blogs, some people make claims that Lord of the Rings universe (without Eru/Valar/etc.) could beat the Star Wars universe...because they claim that the wizards can beat the Jedi. See how stupid this is? They completely ignore Star War's FUTURISTIC TECHNOLOGY and just focus on the main characters...

Anyway...back on topic.

The following could beat 5:

Exitar
Odin
Silver Surfer (probably)
Superman (maybe)
Thor (maybe)

SoulDevourer
Same thing with some of you. You claim that you have "more games", only that I also have Force Unleashed, Knight of the Old Republic, Republic Commando, Empire at War, Lego Star Wars series, Battlefront series and a bunch of others. You have...one game. 8 actualy no expression inc Jedi Knights series wut
EU = anythin not made by Lucas & co no expression

Hewhoknowsall
8 actualy no expression inc Jedi Knights series wut
EU = anythin not made by Lucas & co no expression

You ignored everything that I said except for 2 statements...

I still have more games than you, so your point is null.

No, it is anything outside of the movies made by Lucas

And did Lucas make the clone wars cartoon? Last time I checked he didn't, so again your point is null.

SoulDevourer
I still have more games than you, so your point is null.my games r better stick out tonguenopeit anything non-Lucas simple
your lumpin Lucas & non-Lucas stuff together lol Originally posted by SoulDevourer
EU = anythin not made by Lucas & co no expression and he WAS part of those who made CW anyway so yeah he did make it

Hewhoknowsall
my games r better stick out tonguenopeit anything non-Lucas simple
your lumpin Lucas & non-Lucas stuff together lol and he WAS part of those who made CW anyway so yeah he did make it

KOTOR = widely considered to be one of the greatest RPGs in gaming history
Battlefront series = awesome
Republic Commando = awesome
etc.

heck, what games do you have that are so awesome? The only games you have that I don't are the jedi knights series. And having better games DOES NOT equate to more knowledge of Star Wars.

Source?

No he wasn't, or was he? Please provide proof.

Also, how fast can Superman fly in an open vacuum?

SoulDevourer
KOTOR = widely considered to be one of the greatest RPGs in gaming history
Battlefront series = awesome
Republic Commando = awesome
etc.

heck, what games do you have that are so awesome? The only games you have that I don't are the jedi knights series. yup their the best Happy Dance their shooters & u can use force & lightsaber fight in realtime (unlike turn based lol)

btw Republic Comandos ok but its 1) WAY to short even shorter then some EXPANSIONS ive played wtf... and 2) it take like 300 shots just to kill most enemies (ie anythin cept basic TF droids). pussy guns lolyo nice try but u started u said Clone Wars part of EU, so...source? ^^ u first. prove that Lucas approve the EU stuff, then ima prove wut i said

Doctor-Alvis

The whole thing is bypassed by Star Wars characters not being allowed on the comics forum and comic book characters not being allowed on the Star Wars forum.

Utrigita
yup their the best Happy Dance their shooters & u can use force & lightsaber fight in realtime (unlike turn based lol)

btw Republic Comandos ok but its 1) WAY to short even shorter then some EXPANSIONS ive played wtf... and 2) it take like 300 shots just to kill most enemies (ie anythin cept basic TF droids). pussy guns lolyo nice try but u started u said Clone Wars part of EU, so...source? ^^ u first. prove that Lucas approve the EU stuff, then ima prove wut i said

Lucas has handed it all over to his Licensing department but anyway his words on the subject

There is a reason why people look at (roughly) three types of Canon, GL Canon (the movies he made) C-Canon (Continuity Canon: Books, Games, Comics basically the entire EU) and Non-Canon (What If's). Think of it like this GL-Canon>C-Canon>You

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Utrigita
Lucas has handed it all over to his Licensing department but anyway his words on the subject

There is a reason why people look at (roughly) three types of Canon, GL Canon (the movies he made) C-Canon (Continuity Canon: Books, Games, Comics basically the entire EU) and Non-Canon (What If's). Think of it like this GL-Canon>C-Canon>You

qft

Oh, and how fast can Thor/Superman fly in an open vacuum?

Juntai

Superman - See above, also he couldn't literally defeat SW in a war since Superman won't be able to travel fast enough - 99.99% the speed of light still isn't fast enough to get across a galaxy in a reasonable amount of time. Superman can fly across the universe in reasonable time. lol.

Wei Phoenix
How is Thor a maybe when he can shut off all the electricity from their weapons and ships?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
How is Thor a maybe when he can shut off all the electricity from their weapons and ships?

But how long ranged is that? Because what if a fleet starts bombarding him from hundreds of thousands of miles away?

Juntai
qft

Oh, and how fast can Thor/Superman fly in an open vacuum? Unspecified.

In Birthright, it was suggested that Krypton was in the Andromeda Galaxy, 2.5 million lightyears away.
In Infinite Crisis, Superman chased Superboy through space from Earth, and after a few pages of unspecified time they crashed through Rao and Kryptons remains.

Wei Phoenix
But how long ranged is that? Because what if a fleet starts bombarding him from hundreds of thousands of miles away?

He shut down all technology and stuff across the entire planet Earth...ALL technology so the world would be silent for a moment of silence for Steve. Didn't even have to put any effort in.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
He shut down all technology and stuff across the entire planet Earth...ALL technology so the world would be silent for a moment of silence for Steve. Didn't even have to put any effort in.

Right...but how long ranged is it?

I mean, weapons such as centerpoint station can fire from thousands of light years away...although it was destroyed, so idk if we should allow it.

Wei Phoenix
I just told you it covered the whole planet. Nothing states that it was the extent of power.

KingD19
Right...but how long ranged is it?

I mean, weapons such as centerpoint station can fire from thousands of light years away...although it was destroyed, so idk if we should allow it.

I get where you're coming from....but no starfighter no matter how small has a targeting system competent enough to hit a human sized target moving at Thor's speed. The only person who was ever documented to get close to hitting a human target was Luke when he was in total sync with the Force, and piloting the Falcon by himself.

As for star wars charries not being allowed in comics, I don't agree since Star Wars isn't just the movies, it's tons of books and many ongoing comic series.

-Pr-
It's extremely sad how ignorant some people are...

You guys, have you ever ventured to these forums that talk about comic book characters? Don't you sometimes get mad at how some people are so ignorant about comic book characters?

For example, in this one forum there was a thread "Superman vs Spiderman", and this one guy was like "hm...I don't know, Superman had the strength but Spiderman has the speed"!

Don't you see how ignorant the above post is? Spiderman being faster than Superman???? LOL that's funny.

Same thing with some (not all, just some) of you. You claim that you have "more games", only that I also have Force Unleashed, Knight of the Old Republic, Republic Commando, Empire at War, Lego Star Wars series, Battlefront series and a bunch of others. You have...one game.

Stop acting like as if you know ANYTHING about Star Wars beyond the movies.

I said: go online to Google and type Star Wars canon policy.

George Lucas APPROVES of the books. If you don't like it, too bad. George Lucas = owner of Star Wars, so his word is FINAL. Your opinion < GL's STATEMENT

And the Star Wars cartoon IS part of the EU. The Expanded Universe = anything about SW outside of the movies. So stop going like "it's EU??? HAHAH" like as if that idea is ridiculous, because it's the truth.

Also, many books have events that directly translate into the movies.

Also, in some outside forums/blogs, some people make claims that Lord of the Rings universe (without Eru/Valar/etc.) could beat the Star Wars universe...because they claim that the wizards can beat the Jedi. See how stupid this is? They completely ignore Star War's FUTURISTIC TECHNOLOGY and just focus on the main characters...

Anyway...back on topic.

The following could beat 5:

Exitar
Odin
Silver Surfer (probably)
Superman (maybe)
Thor (maybe)

seriously, don't go there. there are plenty of star wars fans in this forum, myself included.

the books aren't G canon, so they're not allowed on this forum, as it's not a star wars EU one. simple as that. at most, we're allowing the comics and maybe the tv shows. nothing else.

also, novelisations only count when they're novelisations of the movies. that's about it.

SoulDevourer

the books aren't G canon, so they're not allowed on this forum there we go

so no Suncrusher in this vs big grin

Hewhoknowsall
seriously, don't go there. there are plenty of star wars fans in this forum, myself included.

the books aren't G canon, so they're not allowed on this forum, as it's not a star wars EU one. simple as that. at most, we're allowing the comics and maybe the tv shows. nothing else.

also, novelisations only count when they're novelisations of the movies. that's about it.

Why aren't they allowed?

Hewhoknowsall
Why aren't they allowed?

-Pr-
Why aren't they allowed?

because this isn't the star wars eu forum. the fact that we allow any star wars at all is a rarity.

and most of those books are ridiculous as hell.

Hewhoknowsall
because this isn't the star wars eu forum. the fact that we allow any star wars at all is a rarity.

and most of those books are ridiculous as hell.

I understand that we shouldn't allow SW in a Comic Book vs Forum, however if we do allow SW for a thread then the EU IS considered by George Lucas to be canon, so why not allow it?

But oh well...

I'd say (again) that Exitar + Odin could easily clear 5, and Superman/Thor/Silver Surfer might be able to clear 5, especially Silver Surfer...

-Pr-
I understand that we shouldn't allow SW in a Comic Book vs Forum, however if we do allow SW for a thread then the EU IS considered by George Lucas to be canon, so why not allow it?

But oh well...doesn't really matter.

I'd say (again) that Exitar + Odin could easily clear 5, and Superman/Thor/Silver Surfer might be able to clear 5, especially Silver Surfer...

it's considered low level canon, and in no way equal to the movies or tv shows. so it's not allowed.

Originally posted by Raoul
star wars has different levels of canon. its not like comics. there are different levels, from the movies downwards...

By 1996, Licensing was keeping an in-house bible of reference materials as the volume of publications, facts, and figures grew to such unwieldy proportions that it became difficult to know everything relevant to a particular project. They finally decided something had to be done to organize the increasingly large collection of media which chronicled the Star Wars universe. A system of canon was developed that organized the materials into what was and wasn't fit for the Star Wars story.

In 2000, Lucas Licensing appointed Leland Chee to create a continuity tracking database referred to as the "Holocron". As with every other aspect having to do with the overall story of Star Wars, the Holocron follows the canon policy that has been in effect for years.

The Holocron is divided into 5 levels: G-canon, T-canon, C-canon, S-canon, and N-canon.

G-canon is absolute canon; the movies (their most recent release), the scripts, the novelizations of the movies, the radio plays, and any statements by George Lucas himself. G-canon overrides the lower levels of canon when there is a contradiction. Within G-canon, many fans follow an unofficial progression of canonicity where the movies are the highest canon, followed by the scripts, the novelizations, and then the radio plays.

T-canon refers to the canon level comprising only the two television shows: Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the Star Wars live-action TV series. Its precedence over C-Level canon was confirmed by Chee.

C-canon is primarily composed of elements from the Expanded Universe including books, comics, and games bearing the label of Star Wars. Games and RPG sourcebooks are a special case; the stories and general background information are themselves fully C-canon, but the other elements such as character/item statistics and gameplay are, with few exceptions, N-canon.

S-canon is secondary canon; the story itself is considered non-continuity, but the non-contradicting elements are still a canon part of the Star Wars universe. This includes things like the online roleplaying game Star Wars: Galaxies and certain elements of a few N-canon stories.

N-canon is non-canon. "What-if" stories (such as stories published under the Star Wars: Infinities label), game statistics, and anything else directly contradicted by higher canon ends up here. N-canon is the only level that is not considered official canon by Lucasfilm. A significant amount of material that was previously C-canon was rendered N-canon by the release of Episodes I-III.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.