If Brainiac 5 is a 12th Level Intellect...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Where would you place these other characters?
Batman
Lex Luthor
Doctor Doom
Thanos
Darkseid
Bane
Riddler
High Evolutionary
Beast
Professor X
Grodd
Wil Magnus
Mister Terrific
Reed Richards
Bruce Banner
Hank Pym
Calculator
TAO
Mister Majestic
Loki
R'as Al Ghul
Spider-Man
Iron Man
Galactus
Martian Manhunter
Desaad
Joker
Dr. Sivana
Dr. Manhattan
Ray Palmer
Deathstroke
Mister Sinister
Adam Strange

Zeuodin
Long list.

Omega Vision
I didn't want to offend anyone by not including their favorite smart character.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I didn't want to offend anyone by not including their favorite smart character.

Yes? Then why isn't Captain Comet there?!

wink

The Superman fans will be disappointed too.

Anyway, i find it impossible to judge this accurately. Because even if Brainiac is a 12th Level intellect, the writers of his comics aren't. I don't think that any char with an iq higher then 140 is written properly. In the case of Loeb i would also say that he fails at anyone beyond 80.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Shorten the list to 10 and more people might respond

kgkg
I didn't want to offend anyone by not including their favorite smart character. You left out Kang sad

galactusischere
the ?s mean that im not sure
Batman-10
Lex Luthor-10
Doctor Doom-12
Thanos-100000000
Darkseid-12
Bane-4
Riddler-4
High Evolutionary-off the charts
Beast-11
Professor X-10.5
Grodd-9
Wil Magnus-11
Mister Terrific-10/11
Reed Richards-12
Bruce Banner-11
Hank Pym-11
Calculator?
TAO-?
Mister Majestic-8
Loki-10
R'as Al Ghul-9
Spider-Man-8
Iron Man-10/11
Galactus-12 if its a jobbing Galactus, a non jobbing Galactus should be incalculable
Martian Manhunter-9
Desaad-9
Joker-5/6
Dr. Sivana-?
Dr. Manhattan-5
Ray Palmer-?
Deathstroke-6
Mister Sinister-9
Adam Strange-no idea
some of them might be really off but whatever.

Edit: Apocalypse-12

Placidity
Batman - 24

supremthor
Batman=11
Lex Luthor=11
Doctor Doom=11
Thanos=12+
Darkseid=12+
Bane=4
Riddler=6
High Evolutionary=12
Beast=10
Professor X=8
Grodd=10
Wil Magnus=?
Mister Terrific=10
Reed Richards=12
Bruce Banner=10
Hank Pym=10
Calculator=?
TAO=?
Mister Majestic=12+
Loki=11
R'as Al Ghul=10
Spider-Man=8
Iron Man=10
Galactus=12+
Martian Manhunter=10
Desaad=12
Joker=8
Dr. Sivana=?
Dr. Manhattan=12
Ray Palmer=10
Deathstroke=9
Mister Sinister=9
Adam Strange=9-12

Omega Vision
Why's everyone rank Bane so low? Have you all been corrupted by his live action adaptation?

BattleMage
Batman-9
Lex Luthor-10
Doctor Doom-12+
Thanos-13+
Darkseid-12
Bane-4
Riddler-5+
High Evolutionary-?
Beast-10.5
Professor X-9 possibly higher
Grodd-10.5
Wil Magnus-?
Mister Terrific-8
Reed Richards-12+
Bruce Banner-10.5
Hank Pym-10
Calculator-?
TAO-?
Mister Majestic-12
Loki-12+
R'as Al Ghul-9+
Spider-Man-8+
Iron Man-10+
Galactus-???
Martian Manhunter-10
Desaad-11+
Joker-7+
Dr. Sivana
Dr. Manhattan-13+
Ray Palmer-10
Deathstroke-10
Mister Sinister-9
Adam Strange-12+ reading

galactusischere
Mister Terrific on your lists should be higher than that

Omega Vision
Same with Luthor. Hell Red Son Luthor is probably a 13th Level Intellect.

Kris Blaze
Same with Luthor. Hell Red Son Luthor is probably a 13th Level Intellect.
I'm pretty sure that Superman's computed confirmed Luthor to be 12th in Red Son. Since it was mentioned that he could've talked Superman into suicide in 6 minutes.

vansonbee
Why's everyone rank Bane so low? Have you all been corrupted by his live action adaptation? He hasn't display any critical thinking in secret 6 issues.

Prep-Man
Bane is very smart, but not on the level of any of the top dog geniuse's of DC/MU. He is based off of Doc Savage's traits, after all.

Colossus-Big C
bump

Galan007
Vril and Lyrl Dox possess 10th level intellects, and we've seen what they are capable of. That said, I can't imagine anyone on the list being much above that level (if at all.)

srug

Q99
Originally posted by Galan007
Vril and Lyrl Dox possess 10th level intellects, and we've seen what they are capable of. That said, I can't imagine anyone on that list being much above them (if at all.)

srug

Yea, and I'd say in raw data processing capacity (and that's the big indicator of level, how much info you can process, iirc) they're generally quite a bit higher than most of the list, I think most of the people should be lower than they're being ranked.

For some reason I remember Lex being called a 9th level at some point.

janus77
what the hell differentiates out these "levels"? sounds rather stupid, it's not martial arts...

that said, I feel safe in saying that Rhino is around Level 42 smile

Omega Vision
Originally posted by janus77
what the hell differentiates out these "levels"? sounds rather stupid, it's not martial arts...

Yeah, unlike some martial arts you can't pay for a higher rank here. stick out tongue

cdtm
Majestic is probably at least around Brainiac 5's, if not higher. Guys got feats on par with Reed or just about anyone...

Q99
Originally posted by janus77

Processing power/raw computational ability is the primary factor.

Let's say you're a superhero scientist working on some invention, and for some reason you need to calculate where every planet and astroid in the solar system will be in 7 years time. You can either A, take their current readings and pump them into a computer, wait for it to process them, etc. etc., or B, if you're a 12th level intellect, look at the current readings and plot it in your head as easy as you do 8+8=?.

The higher level an intellect, the easier the technical side of things is (a lower intellect may still be more creative, but a high end one has major advantages).

cdtm
I think in comics, a high affinity towards science gets overrated somewhat.

In real life terms, the generals and leaders of the world are rarely, if ever, intelligent in the same way scientists are.

Black bolt z
Reed? Over 9000!

I didn't want to offend anyone by not including their favorite smart character. I don't see magneto anywhere in there. mad

darkester
dur

AsbestosFlaygon
All of them are inferior to Brainiac's intellect, except for Galactus and Dr. Manhattan.

Galactus is obviously superior.
Dr. Manhattan, quite possibly.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
All of them are inferior to Brainiac's intellect, except for Galactus and Dr. Manhattan.

Dr. Manhattan, quite possibly. High Evolutionary is his superior, he once started to scan the entire universe

Uriel005
No Kid Omega?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
High Evolutionary is his superior, he once started to scan the entire universe
How did that turn out though?

Colossus-Big C
How did that turn out though? he realized it would take 1million years to calculate the universe
thats a near infinite amount of information

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
he realized it would take 1million years to calculate the universe
thats a near infinite amount of information
Where do you get the 1 million year count?

Also where "calculating" the Universe is concerned, what exactly are you supposed to be calculating?

Colossus-Big C
i dont have the comic any more but he was trying to become all knowing by scaning/calculating everthing in the universe which im not sure exactly what that means but he realized after a bit that it would take him 1 million years to complete so he stopped

Galan007
^ This one time I thought I could eat a whole box of cereal in a single sitting -- but once I saw how much cereal is actually in a box, I knew it was too much for me.

Moral of the story: saying you can do something impressive doesn't amount to much unless you actually do it.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007
^ This one time I thought I could eat a whole box of cereal in a single sitting -- but once I saw how much cereal is actually in a box, I knew it was too much for me.

Moral of the story: saying you can do something impressive doesn't amount to much unless you actually do it.
Don't forget Apocalypse endeavors to become greater than the Celestials and this makes him a Skyfather. dur

Mindset
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

Dr. Manhattan, quite possibly. Nope.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.