Superman vs Flash (Wally): Test of Combat Speed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Could Superman keep up against the Flash in terms of combat speed?

Flash is throwing superspeed punches at Superman, and Superman has to parry the punches.

2 scenarios:

1. Regular Superman

2. Sundipped Superman

Placidity
I'd say for the first scenario, the answer to your question is an obvious no.

Second scenario, I'm not sure, but I'm still leaning towards no, since Flash is multiple times faster than Superman, and how many times would Superman's stats increase with a sun dip?

Warlord
Wally both

Starscream M
Originally posted by Placidity
I'd say for the first scenario, the answer to your question is an obvious no.

Second scenario, I'm not sure, but I'm still leaning towards no, since Flash is multiple times faster than Superman, and how many times would Superman's stats increase with a sun dip? well the sundip would amp superman's already impressive speed by multiples...and his perception of speed increases as well.

Warlord
is that a fact?

I mean is there on paper proof that the sundip amps his speed too and to what extend?

Lord Feron
1. Flash
2. Not so sure because. We don't know how much faster wally is comapred to Supes (we just know he is faster). We also don't know exactly the amplification a sundip will do (we just know his stats across the board increase alot).

Slaanesh
Wally both..

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Starscream M
well the sundip would amp superman's already impressive speed by multiples...and his perception of speed increases as well.

It depends on how long he "dips" in the sun

topic:
1. Wally
2. state how long he would stay there but I think I'll still stay with Wally

carver9
Originally posted by Lord Feron
1. Flash
2. Not so sure because. We don't know how much faster wally is comapred to Supes (we just know he is faster). We also don't know exactly the amplification a sundip will do (we just know his stats across the board increase alot).

Which flash was that that was fighting against Zoom so fast that Superman was a statue?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by carver9
Which flash was that that was fighting against Zoom so fast that Superman was a statue?
Wally, but he had a huge amp

carver9
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Wally, but he had a huge amp

I agree, he did have a amp but he was only fighting twice the speed of light and was throwing 1000 punches per second.

Galan007
standard supes was able to identify wally/barry while they were moving FTL. so tracking him wouldn't be a problem - reacting to his attacks would be the tricky part, imo.

sundipped supes owns though.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
supes was able to identify wally/barry while they were moving FTL. so tracking him wouldn't be a problem - reacting to his attacks would be the tricky part, imo.

sundipped supes owns though. doesn't sundipped supes have an altered state of mind....ie his perception is almost akin to someone with the speedforce

Galan007
doesn't sundipped supes have an altered state of mind....ie his perception is almost akin to someone with the speedforce pretty much.

I agree, he did have a amp but he was only fighting twice the speed of light on another note, i'd sure love to hear how ^^this guy^^ came up with "twice the speed of light"..?

ermm

carver9
doesn't sundipped supes have an altered state of mind....ie his perception is almost akin to someone with the speedforce

I thought it did because his entire persona changed owao.

carver9
pretty much.

on another note, i'd sure love to hear how ^^this guy^^ came up with "twice the speed of light"..?

ermm

Galan, how fast do you think they were fighting?

Galan007
Galan, how fast do you think they were fighting? lets put it this way, even when wally was only amped with the power of jay and bart he was still able to accelerate from 0-light speed, instantly. so if he was capable of reaching light speed instantly, how fast would he be going in say... a microsecond? half a second? a full second? answer: logic dictates a ludicrous amount beyond c.

carver9
lets put it this way, even when wally was only amped with the power of jay and bart he was still able to accelerate from 0-light speed, instantly. so if he was capable of reaching light speed instantly, how fast would he be going in say... a microsecond? half a second? a full second? answer: logic dictates a ludicrous amount beyond c.

Good point.

Warlord
so are there any speed feats for sundiped supes that indicate that he owns wally speedwise?

Kris Blaze
lets put it this way, even when wally was only amped with the power of jay and bart he was still able to accelerate from 0-light speed, instantly. so if he was capable of reaching light speed instantly, how fast would he be going in say... a microsecond? half a second? a full second? answer: logic dictates a ludicrous amount beyond c.
Flash oughta be able to hit lightspeed instantly no matter who's amplifying him. He was fast, but why would Jay or Bart's speed make a big difference?I've never seen Jay go much faster than Lightspeed, same for Bart.

Galan007
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Flash oughta be able to hit lightspeed instantly no matter who's amplifying him. He was fast, but why would Jay or Bart's speed make a big difference?I've never seen Jay go much faster than Lightspeed, same for Bart. it seems like their speed was just stacked on top of wally's - certainly was implied to give him quite drastic boost no matter how you look at it.

carver9
Flash oughta be able to hit lightspeed instantly no matter who's amplifying him. He was fast, but why would Jay or Bart's speed make a big difference?I've never seen Jay go much faster than Lightspeed, same for Bart.

Well it has already been stated that Jay can only achieve 2000 mps

Bart can achieve light speed.

Kris Blaze
it seems like their speed was just stacked on top of wally's - certainly was implied to give him quite drastic boost no matter how you look at it.

And how is having two times lightspeed added onto his speed any kind of a drastic increase for Wally? You're constantly arguing that he can go many, many times faster than the speed of light.

xJLxKing
I agree, he did have a amp but he was only fighting twice the speed of light and was throwing 1000 punches per second.
No, it was much more then that. They were locked in a tick of seconds. Time was not moving for them, which is why Zoom said, "we are immortal."

Kris Blaze
No, it was much more then that. They were locked in a tick of seconds. Time was not moving for them, which is why Zoom said, "we are immortal."
In all fairness, time has been claimed to stop at lightspeed. Mentioned in Final Crisis and Terminal Velocity.

carver9

I know that but again, they were only throwing a 1000 punches per second.

xJLxKing
I know that but again, they were only throwing a 1000 punches per second.
That doesn't mean they were moving any less then I said. I could throw 50 punches in 1 however, it doesn't mean I am that slow

Galan007
And how is having two times lightspeed added onto his speed any kind of a drastic increase for Wally? You're constantly arguing that he can go many, many times faster than the speed of light. you're taking the word "speed" too literally. wally wasn't stacking the speed the others can run, on top of the speed he can run.

rather, he was stacking their connection(s) to the speed force to further boost his own.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.