Thanos physically

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Can thanos physically accomplish what Despero accomplish in V&V?

This is without any amps or energy blast. Thanos physically have to fight the same people that Despero did.

Also, do you think that he can do it better?

redhotrash
Thanos got taken to school but Gammora who is basically Elektra in Spider-man's body.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by redhotrash
Thanos got taken to school but Gammora who is basically Elektra in Spider-man's body.

Please stop posting...

Also, Carver in V&V Despero if I remember correctly didn't just get physical, he was using mind rape of some sort. IMO Despero and Thanos are around the same level and ballpark. So, yes I believe Thanos could do it.

redhotrash
Am I wrong? It was in Infinity War, written by Thanos' creator.... What did I say that was inaccurate?

Galan007
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Also, Carver in V&V Despero if I remember correctly didn't just get physical, he was using mind rape of some sort. mind rape is essentially what the bulk of that story was about.

golem370
Gamora also said that she wouldn't have been able to touch inless he wanted or something like that. He taught her everything she knows.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Galan007
mind rape is essentially what the bulk of that story was about.

That is what I thought, which is why I don't understand why carver said could physically do what Despero did. So, I'm not quite sure then what he's asking. Could Thanos mindrape people as Despero did or can Thanos physically take on who despero did.

iceman24567
In a comic yes Thanos can physical pound on the team Despero did

Lord Feron

sick

golem370
Gamora is stronger then Spider-Man I would think I mean she did break Drax's jaw

SamZED
Originally posted by golem370
Gamora is stronger then Spider-Man I would think I mean she did break Drax's jaw Spider-man koed Absorbing man with one punch. evil face

Lord Feron
Gamora Sparred with Thanos. Not actually realy "lets kick ass" mode. Drax was owned pretty easily when he got in the way.
Anyway why is anyone bringing up Gamora? Is it possible that it is someone is trying to make it a low showing to seem like it's the norm nawwww..... what a rare tactic.

Thanos would utterly crush everyone despero faced including despero himself.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The Gamora argument is just downright silly. Thanos trained Gamora and knows everything she knows. She's one of the top MA in the Marvel universe and in comics in general. Very mobile and very strong. She's taken on some of Marvel's powerhouse bricks and done well. So, you have all that and her saying.. if Thanos didn't want her to touch him, she wouldn't be able to. They were sparring and thanos was faking being hurt. Not to mention Thanos killed Gamora before. So, really I don't get how a sparring session is relevant at all.

redhotrash
It was stated they were being serious. If this involved any other character aside from Thanos, it'd be up in the character ownage thread (it may be actually). She dodged his attacks and generally messed him up. I enjoy Thanos as much as the next guy (assuming the next guy isnt one of his rabit KMC fanboys) but in this particular fight he got beat. Its not like he was mishandled either, as Starlin was the one who wrote the fight to begin with.

Kris Blaze
Thanos seems below in strength and above in durability. He could fight all of them, but it would be a very different fight than Despero's. In example, Thanos would not be able to smash Marvel and Superman's heads together, but he would not be harmed much by Powergirl and Hawkman's attack.

KuRuPT Thanosi
It was stated they were being serious. If this involved any other character aside from Thanos, it'd be up in the character ownage thread (it may be actually). She dodged his attacks and generally messed him up. I enjoy Thanos as much as the next guy (assuming the next guy isnt one of his rabit KMC fanboys) but in this particular fight he got beat. Its not like he was mishandled either, as Starlin was the one who wrote the fight to begin with.

You failed to mention Gamora's own words... If he didn't want to be hit he wouldn't be it.. he is faking being incapacitated... You want to say those aren't true? She knows her place and its as simple as that. She knows he and when Thanos got serious she would be done for.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Thanos seems below in strength and above in durability. He could fight all of them, but it would be a very different fight than Despero's. In example, Thanos would not be able to smash Marvel and Superman's heads together, but he would not be harmed much by Powergirl and Hawkman's attack.

Really? You think Despero is above Thanos in strength. I'm curious what your basing this on Kris? I agree Despero is very strong and I believe they are peers in that area. I agree with your assessment that around the same strength but Thanos durability is better. However, I'm just curious what your basing Despero's strength on compared to thanos.

The Pict
I doubt Thanos could do what Despero did. That was his biggest feat, plowing through the JLA and JSA. Staying on your feet when you have 4 or 5 of DC's premier and strongest heroes rushing you was an amazing example of Despero's potential when he is going all out.

Really? You think Despero is above Thanos in strength. I'm curious what your basing this on Kris?

He's probably basing it on how easily he whooped the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Powergirl and Hawkman all at the same time.

The Pict
Edit

The Pict
Edit

Blonde moment embarrasment

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by The Pict
I doubt Thanos could do what Despero did. That was his biggest feat, plowing through the JLA and JSA. Staying on your feet when you have 4 or 5 of DC's premier and strongest heroes rushing you was an amazing example of Despero's potential when he is going all out.

He's probably basing it on how easily he whooped the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Powergirl and Hawkman all at the same time.

Yes but that wasn't only physical

The Pict
Yes but that wasn't only physical

I'm fairly sure it was

carver9
It was physical.

The Pict
The 7 heroes that had been turned villainous at the start of the book (who also fought Despero) were controlled by the avatars of the 7 deadly sins. And Despero only mind controlled ordinary humans (a whole city which is a pretty impressive telepathy feat) so the end fight was purely physical.

KuRuPT Thanosi
IIRC I thought he specifically hit powergirl with a mental attack during the all out fight.

iceman24567
He also held up the Rock of Eternity if that means much erm

Nihilist
Originally posted by iceman24567
He also held up the Rock of Eternity if that means much erm Thanos slapped around and easily manhandled Proff Hulk who held up a 150 billion ton mountain rangeka-dur

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos slapped around and easily manhandled Proff Hulk who held up a 150 billion ton mountain rangeka-dur
Not at all. The Hulk that did that was not Prof Hulk. Also Superman has moved much more than that. Superman+CM+PG+WW+Liberty Bell+Hourman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hulk.

iceman24567
Despero still has better lifting feats and 3 eyes!

Zeuodin
Despero still has better lifting feats and 3 eyes!
The Rock of eternity. I agree.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Zeuodin
Not at all. The Hulk that did that was not Prof Hulk. Also Superman has moved much more than that. Superman+CM+PG+WW+Liberty Bell+Hourman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hulk. If it wasnt Proff/smart Hulk who was it then.

iceman24567
DEES nuts erm

Nihilist
Despero still has better lifting feats and 3 eyes! Point is lifting feats dont mean shit, as proven on the lifting strength vs punching strength thread.

iceman24567
Yeah Despero has better lifting feats and better slapping around heralds feats

Stoic
If it wasnt Proff/smart Hulk who was it then.

It was indeed the Professor Hulk personae that lifted the Mountain Savage Hulk wasn't in the Secret Wars if I remember correctly. Despero can not lift more than the Hulk as the Hulk has no upper limit to his strength, and could exceed his mountain lifting feat, as he did on Sakaar by actually holding the planet together using nothing more than raw strength.

Thanos' strength feats include him manhandling the Thing and Thor with relative ease, chumping the Hulk, and the Thing with relative ease, beating the Silver Surfer into a near coma state with a smile, and tanking Thor's best while he was amped via the Power Gem.

Thanos with the Power Gem was able to turn Captain America's Shield into dust with one slap. The Champion destroyed a planet with a punch while possessing this Gem.

Thanos gets my vote.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Again though.. it wasn't just physical by any means. I think Despero and Thanos are close in strength.

Stoic
Again though.. it wasn't just physical by any means. I think Despero and Thanos are close in strength.

A bodies ability to tank injury is a direct testament of it's strength.

Kris Blaze
Thanos slapped around and easily manhandled Proff Hulk who held up a 150 billion ton mountain rangeka-dur
So slapping someone means that you can somehow replicate their lifting feats? Because like, it always takes someone AT LEAST as strong as you to do that, right? Not to mention how Professor Hulk could not grow in strength at all.

golem370
It was Banner/Hulk not professor Hulk.

Banner/Hulk- http://www.leaderslair.com/gammapeople/incarnations/bannerhulk.html

&

Professor Hulk- http://www.leaderslair.com/gammapeople/incarnations/merged.html

Stoic
Originally posted by golem370
It was Banner/Hulk not professor Hulk.

Banner/Hulk- http://www.leaderslair.com/gammapeople/incarnations/bannerhulk.html

&

Professor Hulk- http://www.leaderslair.com/gammapeople/incarnations/merged.html

I see your point, and it is canon even though the conception of Prof. Hulk being different than any other intelligent Hulk could be considered poor writing. Grey Hulk being the one exception.

Nihilist
So slapping someone means that you can somehow replicate their lifting feats? Because like, it always takes someone AT LEAST as strong as you to do that, right? Not to mention how Professor Hulk could not grow in strength at all. Way to go and totaly miss the point i was making.

Kris Blaze
Way to go and totaly miss the point i was making.
Lots of things wrong with your post though.

Such as Professor Hulk not being the one who held up the mountain no expression

Nihilist
Lots of things wrong with your post though.

Such as Professor Hulk not being the one who held up the mountain no expression You still had no clue to what the point was, that i was trying to make though.

Stoic
You still had no clue to what the point was, that i was trying to make though.

Their really the same guy, most writers mess up totally when taking on the Hulk, Peter David had a great run on the Hulk but ignored some history (most writers do) I think it's just an arms race to keep the Hulk at or above the up and coming bricks.

You see the Hulk's powers are really based on his personae, as no other Hulk gets stronger with rage, (not sure about Skaar and Rulk) due to the abuse that he received as a child. (Loeb is another writer that ignored the characters history).

Maestro and the Prof. Hulk in fact are the same guy, as is King Hulk, and the Hulk that braced the mountain. The only difference between them were their starting level of strength, but as the Beyonder's experiment revealed... all of these Hulk's are an infinite power.

Kris Blaze
You still had no clue to what the point was, that i was trying to make though.
Do tell.

It's sometimes difficult to spot points when a post is smitten with other more glaring faults.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Wait wait wait... Which Hulk held up the Mountain Range? IIRC it was Professor Hulk, so which hulk are people saying it was? Question Kris... If slapping around high heralds with lifting feats or smashing guys heads together and mocking their strength.. doesn't qualify as a strenghth feat.. then why did you mention Despero smashing Supes and Marvel together?

Kris Blaze
Slapping someone is not a way of showing physical superiority. Smashing the heads together however is much more impressive. Hulk from Secret Wars could grow in strength, unlike Professor Hulk. Professor Hulk stood still at 100 tons and was the weakest one since Savage Banner.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Slapping someone is not a way of showing physical superiority. Smashing the heads together however is much more impressive. Hulk from Secret Wars could grow in strength, unlike Professor Hulk. Professor Hulk stood still at 100 tons and was the weakest one since Savage Banner.

Come on buddy. So, your saying when Thanos slaps away drax, Hulk, Thing, Thor, Hercules etc etc like they are flies and beneath him, that doesn't show physical superiority? Show me anybody slapping away Thanos like a fly.. it doesn't happen. It seems very clear to me that when you show some using a mere slap (not amp punches) and it tosses people away, they are above said person. Especially when you have Thanos being shown to be above said people in other ways numerous times even sans the slapping. So, I'm unclear how you don't call that a sign of physical superiority when a mere slap is all he needs to do. When you see that in the movies or tv or wherever that is the writer clearly trying to illustrate the point that this person is well above the other.

redhotrash
You failed to mention Gamora's own words... If he didn't want to be hit he wouldn't be it.. he is faking being incapacitated... You want to say those aren't true? She knows her place and its as simple as that. She knows he and when Thanos got serious she would be done for.

She was referring to the end when she cleanly hit him with what shouldve been a deathblow. Yes, he was faking that. Essentially he was trying to trick her into lowering her guard so he could "clean her clock". Dont be so quick to takes things out of context. Also you are forgetting HIS own words when he said he couldnt lay a hand on her. OR the actual fight where she tagged him left and right.

K Von Doom
Thanos pimp slapped away Hulk and Drax, with the same slap mind you. It was funny looking.

And he's knocked together the heads of Hulk and Thing like a 3 stooges act in Infinity War while saying "You call yourselves strongmen? I'll show you the meaning of the word'... or something to that effect.

Stoic
Despero was skinned by a shark, this in turn lost him loads of cred IMO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.