Hunter Prey Doomsday vs Asgardian Destroyer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Hunter's prey version of Doomsday against the destoyer empowered by Thor's spirit.

Who wins?

Slaanesh
Destroyer

nicamarvin
Originally posted by lawest9
Hunter's prey version of Doomsday against the destoyer empowered by Thor's spirit.

Who wins?
Destroyer

guy222
Destroyer

galactusischere
Destroyer

h1a8
What is Destroyer going to do to HP DD, disintegrate him?
Even if there is a miniscule possibility that DD won't damage Destroyer on the first strikes then he will certainly evolve to.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by h1a8
What is Destroyer going to do to HP DD, disintegrate him?
Even if there is a miniscule possibility that DD won't damage Destroyer on the first strikes then he will certainly evolve to. ...DUDE are you high TOO?... smokin'

Slaanesh
i bet he is..

h1a8
OE>>>> Destroyer's beams.
There is nothing Destroyer can do. NOTHING!

Slaanesh
same can be said for Doomsday..there's nothing he can do to the destroyer..

Galan007
unless the destroyer's disintegration beam is FAR superior to darkseid's omega beams then what is it really going to do? physically pummel doomsday? no way, no how.

now i'm not saying doomsday would win either, but for those saying the destroyer wins, i simply ask... how?

guy222
how doesn't he good friend

Galan007
Originally posted by guy222
how doesn't he good friend doomsday was left relatively unscathed by darkseid's omega beams. that said, i really can't fathom the destroyer's disintegration beam having much different of an effect.

and from a physical standpoint, h/p doomsday shredded through the likes of darkseid, and a motherbox enhanced superman, as though they were weak feebs. maybe the destroyer could match that, and maybe he couldn't. regardless, i still don't see why people are choosing destroyer as the clear cut victor..? i could buy into the notion of a stalemate, but i have yet to see a definitive reason why/how the destroyer wins.

kevdude
Stalemate it is, though Darkseid never got to fire the Omega Beams up close like he wanted, Doomsday was just to fast, maybe it would have worked then maybe not, it already hit him once and he lived (which has never happened).

guy222
^^cool

Warlord
stalemate although Darkseid was terible written in this ark

Naija boy
Originally posted by Galan007
doomsday was left relatively unscathed by darkseid's omega beams. that said, i really can't fathom the destroyer's disintegration beam having much different of an effect.

and from a physical standpoint, h/p doomsday shredded through the likes of darkseid, and a motherbox enhanced superman, as though they were weak feebs. maybe the destroyer could match that, and maybe he couldn't. regardless, i still don't see why people are choosing destroyer as the clear cut victor..? i could buy into the notion of a stalemate, but i have yet to see a definitive reason why/how the destroyer wins.

In ur opinion would doomsday have still been unscathed if he had received repeated omega beams? Yes he tanked them once but assuming Darkseid had blasted him with them multiple times im pretty sure at some point they would have started to take their toll. Thats what he is faced with here as the Destroyer will be continuously using his disentegrator beam all through the fight. Tanking the OB once isnt enough to justify being unscathed by that kind of continuous onslaught.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Naija boy
In ur opinion would doomsday have still been unscathed if he had received repeated omega beams? Yes he tanked them once but assuming Darkseid had blasted him with them multiple times im pretty sure at some point they would have started to take their toll. Thats what he is faced with here as the Destroyer will be continuously using his disentegrator beam all through the fight. Tanking the OB once isnt enough to justify being unscathed by that kind of continuous onslaught. actually, that version of doomsday would've laughed off subsequent blasts as he would've evolved protections from them. hence the first blast was the most effective one.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Starscream M
actually, that version of doomsday would've laughed off subsequent blasts as he would've evolved protections from them. hence the first blast was the most effective one.

Didnt he have to die first before evolving protection against Radiants energy? Whos blasts did he simply evolve immunity against midbattle?

Starscream M
Didnt he have to die first before evolving protection against waveriders energy? Whos blasts did he simply evolve immunity against midbattle? he was evolving in his fight against superman ON THE FLY...when superman hit him with a sonic attack, bone spurs grew and covered his ears

when superman flew, he shot out his bone spurs

Naija boy
Originally posted by Starscream M
he was evolving in his fight against superman ON THE FLY...when superman hit him with a sonic attack, bone spurs grew and covered his ears

when superman flew, he shot out his bone spurs

Evolving bone spurs to cover his ears is nice and all but isnt even in the same ballpark as evolving total immunity to a high level energy blast.

quanchi112
Destroyer wins.

lawest9
I'm thinking a draw maybe!

Galan007
In ur opinion would doomsday have still been unscathed if he had received repeated omega beams? Yes he tanked them once but assuming Darkseid had blasted him with them multiple times im pretty sure at some point they would have started to take their toll. Thats what he is faced with here as the Destroyer will be continuously using his disentegrator beam all through the fight. Tanking the OB once isnt enough to justify being unscathed by that kind of continuous onslaught. doomsday's whole gimmick as a character is that if something negatively affects him once, it will not work again. having said that, subsequent blasts of darkseid's omega beams would've been tanked/shrugged off just as the first blast was... as a matter of fact, we saw additional proof of immunity when doomsday was completely unfazed by an attack from orion in the following arc.

imo, the destroyer is going to have to come up with something better than trying to repeatedly blast doomsday.

Didnt he have to die first before evolving protection against Radiants energy? Whos blasts did he simply evolve immunity against midbattle? just because doomsday did die in his first battle with radiant, doesn't mean he had to die. evolution on the fly: another character-gimmick of doomsday.

guy222
thumb up

Stoic
This fight wouldn't be a stalemate it would be a slaughter. The
'Ark Destroyer" (I mean the one filled with Asgardians, and used to battle the Celestials) would pummel Doomsday with ease. The Tarene possessed Doomsday would eventually beat him as well. If Loki possessed the armor he would simply bfr Doomsday for an easy win. In my opinion this battle wouldn't be nearly as close as Galan 007 makes it. The Destroyer would win.

Stoic
Excuse me I retract my opinion I never read the stipulations, and for this I apologize. I belive that the Thor powered Destroyer would get the first 4-5 wins and then HP Doomsday would evolve and win the rest of the battle. The Thor Destroyer would need to bfr via teleportation to win this, but if he did not Doomday HP would eventually scrap the Destroyer. Again I apologize for not reading the stipulations of this battle.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Excuse me I retract my opinion I never read the stipulations, and for this I apologize. I belive that the Thor powered Destroyer would get the first 4-5 wins and then HP Doomsday would evolve and win the rest of the battle. The Thor Destroyer would need to bfr via teleportation to win this, but if he did not Doomday HP would eventually scrap the Destroyer. Again I apologize for not reading the stipulations of this battle.

What proof we have to say that Thor animating the Destroyer can bfr DD? When has the Destroyer animated by anyone bfred someone and how?

Stoic
Thor has always had the power to open portals via Mjolnir. The Destroyer itself has the power of teleportation travel, and with Thors mind in the construct all it would have to do is bring Doomsday to the nearest collapsed star, throw him in and be back in time to watch the Giants bust the Cowboys.

Mindship
Originally posted by lawest9

Who wins?
If Destroyer-Thor can create an entropy bubble, he wins.
If Doomsday can evolve multiple/infinite times, he (eventually) wins.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Thor has always had the power to open portals via Mjolnir. The Destroyer itself has the power of teleportation travel, and with Thors mind in the construct all it would have to do is bring Doomsday to the nearest collapsed star, throw him in and be back in time to watch the Giants bust the Cowboys.

Thor has no access to his powers in the Destroyer. I don't even believe by that Mjolnir is even in the battle. Destroyer being able to teleport itself doesn't mean it can teleport others.

Prep-Man
Stalemate.

Naija boy
doomsday's whole gimmick as a character is that if something negatively affects him once, it will not work again. having said that, subsequent blasts of darkseid's omega beams would've been tanked/shrugged off just as the first blast was... as a matter of fact, we saw additional proof of immunity when doomsday was completely unfazed by an attack from orion in the following arc.

imo, the destroyer is going to have to come up with something better than trying to repeatedly blast doomsday.

just because doomsday did die in his first battle with radiant, doesn't mean he had to die. evolution on the fly: another character-gimmick of doomsday.

Wasnt the initial "gimmick" that if something kills him once it wont affect him again?...Regardless, how does doomsday being unfazed by blasts from Orion show his on the fly "evolved" immunity? Im pretty sure Orions blast and the OB arent the same attack and besides that, if he could tank the stronger of the two initially then he should be able to tank the weaker of them.

Simply put, developing bonespurs to cover his ears (if thats the only adapting on the fly he did) is not enough to support claims of him magically developing complete immunity to high level energy blasts.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by h1a8
Thor has no access to his powers in the Destroyer. I don't even believe by that Mjolnir is even in the battle. Destroyer being able to teleport itself doesn't mean it can teleport others. Well, you can ask the thread starter what he meant. But the one time Thor's spirit was actually in the Destroyer armor, he did have Mjolnir and he used Mjolnir straight-away to teleport to Hel. He's one of the few that can restrain the Destroyer's destructive spirit:
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsDestroyer30381.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsDestroyer31.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsDestroyer32.jpg

If you want, I can scan the next comic and show you what he does with it.

Galan007
Regardless, how does doomsday being unfazed by blasts from Orion show his on the fly "evolved" immunity? Im pretty sure Orions blast and the OB arent the same attack and besides that, if he could tank the stronger of the two initially then he should be able to tank the weaker of them. darkseid's omega powers, and orion's astro powers are opposite sides of the same coin. in fact, the astro force actually has the superior feats, imo.

Naija boy
darkseid's omega powers, and orion's astro powers are opposite sides of the same coin. in fact, the astro force actually has the superior feats, imo.

Them both being related to the source or whatnot still doesnt mean that Doomsday evolved immunity against the astroforce when no such then was ever indicated. Also what superior feats of the astroforce are u referring to? as im pretty sure that there are alot of people who would disagree

Galan007
Them both being related to the source or whatnot still doesnt mean that Doomsday evolved immunity against the astroforce when no such then was ever indicated.

Also what superior feats of the astroforce are u referring to? as im pretty sure that there are alot of people who would disagree doomsday was unfazed by the astro force during "doomsday wars"

the people who disagree with me regarding the astro force's superority to omega powers have more than likely never read orion's own series. smile

iceman24567
doomsday was unfazed by the astro force during "doomsday wars"

the people who disagree with me regarding the astro force's superority to omega powers have more than likely never read orion's own series. smile I disagree smile

quanchi112
darkseid's omega powers, and orion's astro powers are opposite sides of the same coin. in fact, the astro force actually has the superior feats, imo. Do you really believe the astro force to be the superior of the two?

h1a8
Wasnt the initial "gimmick" that if something kills him once it wont affect him again?...Regardless, how does doomsday being unfazed by blasts from Orion show his on the fly "evolved" immunity? Im pretty sure Orions blast and the OB arent the same attack and besides that, if he could tank the stronger of the two initially then he should be able to tank the weaker of them.

Simply put, developing bonespurs to cover his ears (if thats the only adapting on the fly he did) is not enough to support claims of him magically developing complete immunity to high level energy blasts.

These characters don't exist. So the only way we can truly judge is by the writer's intention. It is clear that the writer made HP DD to be able to evolve from any attack on the fly. That is why the writer WROTE the mother box to compute that the only way to destroy DD was THE END OF TIME.

Also it is clear that the OE> Destroyer's blast's since it was easily able to disintegrate beings and things that are at least equal to Thor in durability. Superman is an exception since he is protected by the source (essential to reality). Also Cyborg is an exception because either he is essential too or the fact that he has Superman's dna.

In the second fight with Radiant (when DD gained the ability to evolve on the fly) DD evolved while being constantly blasted with very high level energy blasts. The reason why we know the blasts that Radiant was outputting was very high level because before that fight the entire GL corps couldn't phase DD with their blasts (even the Guardians had trouble).

When DD got hit with the OE it was the first time. That means he was either already immune or gained immunity while being blasted. The former shows that DD is immune to any blasts of equal or lesser magnitude than the OE and the latter shows that if a blast isn't capable of one-shotting DD then DD would simply evolve to resist it on the fly. Either way DD is not getting beat by Destroyer's blasts.

IMO, I see it as a no brainer that either DD would be immune to the Destroyer's beam or simply evolve to be (even while being blasted). Just by natural comic sense can we know this (even though I lack it sometimes, lol).
The only way for the Destroyer to win is to one shot DD (so that DD doesn't get a chance to evolve). And based off comic evidence it is certainly not one-shotting DD.

Lastly DD has the only chances to win here. That means that this is either a stalemate or DD wins. DD is either strong enough to cause serious damage to the Destroyer or he may evolve to be.

Galan007
Originally posted by iceman24567
I disagree smile you are entitled to your own opinion. though as far as i'm concerned, the astro force is >

but that has nothing to do with this debate.

h1a8
dp sry

Naija boy
doomsday was unfazed by the astro force during "doomsday wars"

the people who disagree with me regarding the astro force's superority to omega powers have more than likely never read orion's own series. smile

Which is impressive for him durabilitywise. It still doesnt further this case of him magically evolving immunity to blasts if it was never stated or shown.

Hmmm, id think that many of Darkseids fans would have actually read his series but..meh. Anyhow what are some of the feats he (Orion) performed since ur implying that Orion>Darkseid.

Galan007
Which is impressive for him durabilitywise. It still doesnt further this case of him magically evolving immunity to blasts if it was never stated or shown.

Hmmm, id think that many of Darkseids fans would have actually read his series but..meh. Anyhow what are some of the feats he (Orion) performed since ur implying that Orion>Darkseid. if doomsday is left completely unfazed by given energy attacks, then it is perfectly reasonable to assume he would retain the demonstrated immunity, until proven otherwise. for instance: superman doesn't have to get shot a million times on panel for me to realize bullets have no effect on him.

as for orion's feats: i seem to remember him operating on a universal+ level with the AF. i'll have to skim through a few issues when i get home just to varify - but i'll let you know regardless.

Naija boy
if doomsday is left completely unfazed by given energy attacks, then it is perfectly reasonable to assume he would retain the demonstrated immunity, until proven otherwise. for instance: superman doesn't have to get shot a million times on panel for me to realize bullets have no effect on him.

as for orion's feats: i seem to remember him operating on a universal+ level with the AF. i'll have to skim through a few issues when i get home just to varify - but i'll let you know regardless.

Him being unfazed by the astroforce can be attributed to his immense durability. What im looking for is him evolving "immunity" to an attack that had previously affected him midbattle.

Ok thanks.

Galan007
What im looking for is him evolving "immunity" to an attack that had previously affected him midbattle.

Ok thanks. evolution to waverider's attack is all that comes to mind. other than that, doomsday didn't need to evolve immunity to any other energy-based attacks, because nothing else had any kind of affect on him.

thumb up

Prep-Man
if doomsday is left completely unfazed by given energy attacks, then it is perfectly reasonable to assume he would retain the demonstrated immunity, until proven otherwise. for instance: superman doesn't have to get shot a million times on panel for me to realize bullets have no effect on him.

Are you referring to JK4W where Orion matched and contained universal destroying energies?

Anyway, the Astro Force controls the fundamental forces in the universe (as was stated in JLA WW3). It can manipulate reality is the "Wrath of the Source".

I think overall Astro Force is equal to the Omega Force.

Galan007
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Are you referring to JK4W where Orion matched and contained universal destroying energies? i believe so.

psycho gundam
the destroyer just has to stick with physical stuff to be honest.

Naija boy
evolution to waverider's attack is all that comes to mind. other than that, doomsday didn't need to evolve immunity to any other energy-based attacks, because nothing else had any kind of affect on him.

thumb up

Hmm, im not sure if he evolved against waveriders attack. I remember Enyalus mentioning otherwise. Was it ever mentioned that he actually evolved immunity to it? Or was it just a case of DD outright resisting it?

Galan007
Hmm, im not sure if he evolved against waveriders attack. I remember Enyalus arguing against that. Was it ever mentioned that he actually evolved immunity to it? Or was it just a case of DD outright resisting it? eny argued that doomsday only evolved immunity against the nervous system attack waverider used against him.

what i pointed out is the fact that the first 'trick' waverider used wasn't even an effort to attack doomsday at all. instead, he simply peered into doomsday's 'present' :
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6498/wr1s.jpg
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3428/wr2.jpg
---
the second time WR used his powers on doomsday, he attempted to shut down his nervous system. this time, not only was the specific attack unsuccessful, but the feedback caused from the attempt literally rendered waverider unable to control his energies as a whole:
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/1135/wr3nn.jpg
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5044/wr4.jpg

in a nutshell, it's obvious that doomsday became immune to the very energy of which waverider is composed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.