Franchises You Wish Would Just Die

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
There are some videogame franchises out there that went from good to very bad and they just won't die! Any franchises you think should die?

NemeBro
DMC.

Weltall
Halo although it started off as very bad and stayed that way.

Demonic Phoenix
Call of Duty.

Quincy
****ing arkham asylum.

shits gay

Phanteros
AA needs to die? its not even a franchise and plus nothing is wrong with it except a crappy final boss.

Quincy
Oh I'm just being facetious

Kazenji
Crash Bandicoot, It was good when Naughty Dog was making the games but after they left it to other game developers they're just churning them out.

ArtificialGlory
Halo, Mario, LoZ, FF. The new Ubisoft Might & Magic also needs to be put out of its misery.

SpadeKing
there goes gamings 4 biggest names ermm

Weltall
Mario, Sonic, Zelda and Pokemon are the big four.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Weltall
Mario, Sonic, Zelda and Pokemon are the big four.

Yea, I had forgotten about Sonic(seriously, put down the poor hedgehog already, it has terminal cancer) and Pokemon. Those two need to kick the bucket. Badly.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Kazenji
Crash Bandicoot, It was good when Naughty Dog was making the games but after they left it to other game developers they're just churning them out.

I have to say the same for Spyro. A return to the old formula with a plot that doesn't suck could be fantastic. To be fair though, I haven't played the newest one.

I don't think this series even started out good, but I think Resident Evil needs to just die and never resurface. Does anyone even care about it?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Yea, I had forgotten about Sonic(seriously, put down the poor hedgehog already, it has terminal cancer) and Pokemon. Those two need to kick the bucket. Badly.

Yeah Sonic has became a major downhill ever since Sonic 2006 and Unleashed. Those are just terrible games.

Pokemon needs to die for sure. I think people got tired of that franchise right when Platinum came out.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I have to say the same for Spyro. A return to the old formula with a plot that doesn't suck could be fantastic. To be fair though, I haven't played the newest one.

I don't think this series even started out good, but I think Resident Evil needs to just die and never resurface. Does anyone even care about it?

The RE series started out pretty good, but took a very serious turn for the worse with RE5.

Weltall
I have a warm place in my heart for all of the great Japanese franchises.

Nemesis X

I'm gonna go Nemesis on your ass for saying that mad

Weltall
Yeah, with 1 being by far the best and 5 being... by far the worst. It's still awesome though, just not as incredible as it used to be.

ArtificialGlory
I have a warm place in my heart for all of the great Japanese franchises.

There are a few decent ones, like RE and Silent Hill, but they need to roll over while they still have some dignity left.

Kazenji
Megaman is another one them 3D ones still played the same way no matter how fantastic looking they tried to upade it

Nemesis X
Yeah, with 1 being by far the best and 5 being... by far the worst. It's still awesome though, just not as incredible as it used to be.

Resident Evil 0: Good

Resident Evil 1: Good

Resident Evil 2: Awesome

Resident Evil 3: Awesome

Resident Evil Code Veronica: Awesome

Resident Evil 4: Outstanding

Resident Evil 5: Decent

Umbrella Chronicles: Good

Darkside Chronicles: Great

Resident Evil Outbreak: Meh

Resident Evil Outbreak File #2: Meh

Resident Evil Dead Aim: ??? (haven't had the chance to play it yet)

Honestly, I still find Resident Evil to be incredible.

Peach
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Yeah Sonic has became a major downhill ever since Sonic 2006 and Unleashed. Those are just terrible games.

Pokemon needs to die for sure. I think people got tired of that franchise right when Platinum came out.

Sonic went downhill well before those games.

Quincy
I see people listing franchises to die just because there are alot of them. Not because they are actually bad games that should stop being made mhmm

General Kaliero
Sonic went downhill after Adventure 2.

Impediment
The Sonic franchise lost it's magic YEARS ago.

Resident Evil, just as much as The Legend of Zelda, needs a re-boot.

Badly.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Sonic went downhill after Adventure 2.

I wonder why they continue to make these games after SA 2.

I mean come on shadow the hedgehog, not only is he supposed to be extremely fast but he has guns?

Weltall
I guess if you were to compare the newer games to the very first Sonic Adventure than sure they don't even come close but I still think the series retains that same charm that it's always had.

Weltall
Resident Evil 0: Good

Resident Evil 1: Good

Resident Evil 2: Awesome

Resident Evil 3: Awesome

Resident Evil Code Veronica: Awesome

Resident Evil 4: Outstanding

Resident Evil 5: Decent

Umbrella Chronicles: Good

Darkside Chronicles: Great

Resident Evil Outbreak: Meh

Resident Evil Outbreak File #2: Meh

Resident Evil Dead Aim: ??? (haven't had the chance to play it yet)

Honestly, I still find Resident Evil to be incredible.

4's overrated, it was good but the first RE is the only one that could truly qualify as incredible.

Nemesis X
4's overrated, it was good but the first RE is the only one that could truly qualify as incredible.

RE1 better than RE4?! Um, yeah, bullcrap.

Impediment
Apples and Oranges, sir.

I much prefer RE2 over RE4 any day of the week.

RE4 was a breath of fresh air, I admit, though.

RE5 was good, but nowhere near the magic of 4, IMO.

The Gamecube remake of RE1 was nothing short of brilliance.

I only wish that RE2 was remade in such a manner.

Alpha Centauri
In my opinion, the only Resident Evil's that come close to four are two and five.

The rest are all good at worst. Except three, which is good at best.

-AC

AsbestosFlaygon
Halo ~
Tons of better FPS out there..
Only enjoying from the get-go... totally boring after a few days.

Sonic ~
As much as I used to love this little blue guy, his franchise is practically dead... it's time to move on.

Mario ~
Jump on mushrooms and turtles, collect coins, and save Peach from Bowser... repeat ad infinitum.

Alpha Centauri
Except Mario Galaxy was a legitimate leap forward.

-AC

Mr. Rhythmic
Spyro. The last good game in the franchise was almost a decade ago.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Impediment
Apples and Oranges, sir.

I much prefer RE2 over RE4 any day of the week.

RE4 was a breath of fresh air, I admit, though.

RE5 was good, but nowhere near the magic of 4, IMO.

The Gamecube remake of RE1 was nothing short of brilliance.

I only wish that RE2 was remade in such a manner.

the gamecube version lost a lot of the tension, imo. a great game, but the first game was genuinely creepy at times in ways the GC version just couldn't replicate.

I loved the entire series (bar maybe Code Veronica, as it was a step backwards after 3 for me, and that was a pretty good game imo).

Halo seems to have stalled some. Wonder if they'll ever evolve it.

First_Tsurugi06
First and foremost; Megaman. With all the different continuities of the franchise, the only one that's vastly different was Megaman Legends on the PS1, which are the only ones that I still give a sh*t about. So yeah, Megaman unless it's a third Legends.

Sin_Volvagia
Pokemon and Mortal Kombat.

S_D_J
HALO (the first one is still the best one..enough said)

Pokemon (it's incredible how they get people to buy a game that's exactly the same as it was more the ten years ago when it was first released. It's the same thing, the same gameplay... just new pokemon, doing the exact same moves... and then some new ones)

Spyro really went downhill since INSOMNIAC dropped it (PS1) I really loved the game, and I wish it could return, but I doubt it

Sonic ... it's been long dead

Zack Fair
Halo is supposedly set to die, but I don't think it deserves to die yet, just give gamers some time to breath something other than Halo.

Edit Well it really needs to die, but it will be painful for me sad

Overdose
-I hate to say it...Guilty Gear. If they come out wit another GGXX remake. I will assassinate it myself.

-Pokemon needs to die too, even more so than any other franchise. Pokemon started bein' bullsh!t once I hit puberty.

-Megaman is startin' to get on my bad side too...

Weltall
Mario, Sonic, Zelda, Megaman, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, and Guilty Gear stay.

All Blizzard, Bioware, and Halo games need to die.

Weltall
And WoW should be the very first.

WickedDynamite
Final Fantasy...or at least change the name. WTF? What's so FINAL about it? They're up to what?! 13?

That and Pokemon games.

Phanteros
Sonic: Just stop making games....
Rayman: Raving rabbits killed it.

ArtificialGlory
Mario, Sonic, Zelda, Megaman, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, and Guilty Gear stay.

All Japanese games combined aren't worth 1/10th of a single Blizzard game. It stays.

Spartan005
Halo.... that game fvcking sucks

Weltall
All Japanese games combined aren't worth 1/10th of a single Blizzard game. It stays.

AHHHAHHHAHHHAHHHA!

WoW alone is exactly why Blizzard needs to die a slow and painful death.

RocasAtoll
While WoW is ass, the rest of Blizzard still makes good games outside of that.

Call of Duty and Lara Croft need to end.

Nemesis X
Yu-Gi-Oh. 'Nuff said.

Impediment
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
While WoW is ass, the rest of Blizzard still makes good games outside of that.

Call of Duty and Lara Croft need to end.

I say that the CoD WWII series needs to die.

Modern Warfare was a breath of fresh air.

World at War was just dreck. Not even the same engine as MW could save this game.

The Nuul
And WoW should be the very first.

This.....

And FF, Halo...

Scythe
Originally posted by Quincy

Get out!!

Originally posted by Quincy

Oh wait, nvm, get your ass back in here, DON'T MAKE ME YELL AT YOU, YOU THINK I LIKE YELLING AT YOU?!

ArtificialGlory
AHHHAHHHAHHHAHHHA!

WoW alone is exactly why Blizzard needs to die a slow and painful death.

WoW can die for all I care.

Impediment
WoW is one of THE most overrated games of all time.

I seriously do not get it's appeal.

I downloaded the free two week demo, and I, maybe, played it for 4 hours.

I was just too uninterested.

The Nuul
Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 is Blizzards bread and butter, WOW can die.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Impediment
WoW is one of THE most overrated games of all time.

I seriously do not get it's appeal.

I downloaded the free two week demo, and I, maybe, played it for 4 hours.

I was just too uninterested.

Well, frankly, it comes down to taste. There are plenty of games out there that are quite liked, but don't appeal to me.

I'm not going to lie, WoW really clicked with me and I had been playing it for years, but I'd still rather have Warcraft 4. I really wouldn't care too much if it died, but that's unlikely to happen any time soon. WoW has made a very clear mark in the MMO market(and video games in general) and it did so not by chance.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Final Fantasy...or at least change the name. WTF? What's so FINAL about it? They're up to what?! 13?

That and Pokemon games.

14 actually (apparently another MMO like XI). Not counting the 3 games that make up the Fabula something-or-other project that represents the entirety of Final Fantasy XIII.

But as far as I'm concerned, I suppose the last great FF was FFIX.

S_D_J
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
14 actually (apparently another MMO like XI). Not counting the 3 games that make up the Fabula something-or-other project that represents the entirety of Final Fantasy XIII.

But as far as I'm concerned, I suppose the last great FF was FFIX.

actually it was X yes

I don't think numbered FF need to die... other than the name, they're different enough to still be quite enjoyable, production values at their highest, and overall great games

I don't like WoW all that much, but I would love it if there was a Warcraft 4 yes

Kazenji
Originally posted by S_D_J
actually it was X yes

erm

its all really a matter of opinion.......what characters\story did it for you

for me the last good one was FINAL FANTASY XII

AsbestosFlaygon
FF12's ending was one of the worst game endings ever in the whole FF franchise no expression
FF10's was tons better

As much as I'm a blatant Pokemon fan, I think the series was dead after the introduction of 3rd Gen (**** you 3rd Gen and your weird ass Pokeymans!!)

First and foremost; Megaman. With all the different continuities of the franchise, the only one that's vastly different was Megaman Legends on the PS1, which are the only ones that I still give a sh*t about. So yeah, Megaman unless it's a third Legends.

Nah... Mega Man: Powered Up appeared fairly recently, and it was as decent as the original Mega Man game.
Though they should stop with the Rockman X series

Anyways, I really wish there would be a re-boot of the Monkey Island franchise...

Kazenji
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

FF10's was tons better

FF X did nothing for me when it comes to story and also the ending.

S_D_J
I still loved and enjoyed FFXII... it's just that the story (with no real focus on characters) and the ending were weak

.... the gameplay was superb though

Ridley_Prime
Super Smash Brothers.
The series lost its touch when it came to introducing new worthwhile mechanics after Melee. The bouncing and random tripping (the latter of which I hated) were not what I would consider "good" or useful new additions to have, let alone necessary. If Brawl were to have a sequel by some chance, it would probably be even worse gameplay-wise, so I'm hoping now that it doesn't. I played Melee for years and years, whereas with Brawl, I could only tolerate the increased floatiness and laggy online (and trapping) for a few months at most.

SaTsuJiN
I'd personally like to see the franchises we're sick of getting a different kind of treatment..

retro studios did an amazing job with metroid.. so I'm thinking of eastern developers handed their stuff to west and vice versa.. we might get some new and interesting ideas coming out

Weltall
The Metroid Prime games are the worst games of the franchise. Screw Retro Studios.

And more people need to play the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games. The series took the franchise in an entirely different direction.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by S_D_J
actually it was X yes

Not really, 10 is crap. It's aged horribly, had the most panit-by-numbers love story of the series, and regardless of being the first to include VA, it's a prime example of how Square's english voice acting ranges from crap to mediocre in quality. The only PS2 FF worse than X is X-2.

§P0oONY
I'm sorry, but have you played FFXII? It was a terrible FF game on the PS2.

FFX had a decent combat system, very good storyline and quality music.

Probably the best Final Fantasy game on the PS2.

First_Tsurugi06
Turn based combat had long since gotten stale by the time the PS2 came around. Whatever was good about the story (as in, everything that didn't revolve around the pitiful chemistry between Tidus and Yuna, which leaves us with about 30% of the story) went to sh*t with the terrible execution of it all, not counting, as I said, the terrible presentation of it all.

The same applies to X-2, only that much worse; turned what could've been a memorable milestone in the series into a charlie's angels wannabe that you can tell belonged in a scrapped story arc of an anime.

What I'd played of FFXII, I can tell they at least managed to break the maggot-infested mold that X only made worse.

Ridley_Prime
The Metroid Prime games are the worst games of the franchise. Screw Retro Studios.
Yeah. Screw Retro for making one of the successfully highest rated and reviewed games of all time that has made a legacy in the history of 1st person. erm

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Super Smash Brothers.
The series lost its touch when it came to introducing new worthwhile mechanics after Melee. The bouncing and random tripping (the latter of which I hated) were not what I would consider "good" or useful new additions to have, let alone necessary. If Brawl were to have a sequel by some chance, it would probably be even worse gameplay-wise, so I'm hoping now that it doesn't. I played Melee for years and years, whereas with Brawl, I could only tolerate the increased floatiness and laggy online (and trapping) for a few months at most.

Why end the franchise after one game? They should just learn from this game when they make another. The tripping, IMO, is the dumbest game mechanic I've ever seen and I hope that was just a big mistake.

GTFO

Weltall
NO

Nephthys
Bioware.... need to die.

Fvck you. I respectfully disagree, Neb?

Sin_Volvagia
NO

mad mad mad

First_Tsurugi06
Metroid Prime never sparked my interest enough for me to keep with it for more than a week or so. I'm sure it's great for the people that can appreciate it, which is supposedley a good chunk anyway. Call me biased, but I just call the game proof that first-person ruins everything.

Here's hoping Other M is an ACTUAL action adventure.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Fvck you. I respectfully disagree, Neb?

laughing out loud

Weltall
Indeed, hopefully Other M is going to have the same magic that the earlier games possessed.

MooCowofJustice
I just want you guys to know that Brawl was intentionally changed to reduce all competitive value from the game. Tripping, the new physics, lack of hitstun, all of it is to destroy the competitive value of it.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Why end the franchise after one game?
Because that one game was probably the biggest disappointment of 2008 for many. Depending on the circumstances though, I guess I may not mind another sequel one day if they learn from the mistakes made with Brawl, such as the ghey tripping and what not.

Call me biased, but I just call the game proof that first-person ruins everything.
What the f**k?

Well, to each his own I guess.

I just want you guys to know that Brawl was intentionally changed to reduce all competitive value from the game. Tripping, the new physics, lack of hitstun, all of it is to destroy the competitive value of it.
Yeah, figured as much. That's mostly what killed it for me. If SSBB has a sequel someday that also tries to take away from the competitive value as much as possible, then I'd like nothing more than the franchise to just die (going back to the original thread topic).

Sin_Volvagia
Indeed, hopefully Other M is going to have the same magic that the earlier games possessed.

And it'll be hard and we'll decaptitate ninjas.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
And it'll be hard and we'll decaptitate ninjas.

It already sounds better.

SaTsuJiN
if samus magically gets triple D boobs out of nowhere.. i'm going to stab team ninja in the face.. no expression

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
if samus magically gets triple D boobs out of nowhere.. i'm going to stab team ninja in the face.. no expression
laughing out loud Nintendo must've been desperate (IMO) to have Ninja involved, out of all the other dev teams they could've had to do that new game.

Mandrag Ganon

I would say another X game would be cool but it started a downward trend at 4, and crashed and burned at 6.

I will admit... 8 was decent, but being able to switch between heroes (7 & 8) during a level just made it waaaaay too easy. And the introduction of Axl was a disgrace (7).

Legends, I will say was really good, and I would like to see a third one. and ZX isn't bad.

Shadow was a horrid game, and words can not describe how bad Sonic (2006) was and Unleashed was just... sad... a werehog? really?

But I will say, Chronicles was a good game, same goes for Adventure 2 and back. I still say just take out the crappy voice acting and human-hedgehog relationships and the series will already be 10x better, then work on the game mechanics so that you aren't just speeding through levels, add some challenge, and make a somewhat decent story and you will have a decent Sonic game. Though, Sonic's days of glory are long behind him. It may be best if he is laid to rest, and we can think back with fondness of the glory days of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Halo, Mario, LoZ, FF. The new Ubisoft Might & Magic also needs to be put out of its misery.

LoZ? Blasphemy...

They've said they are not going to, and if you look at the trailer, they appear to be telling the truth (thank God)

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/metroid-samus-431.jpg

Pssh, ok, BLASPHEMY, perhaps, But the kids love 'em, pssh, Couldn't care less about SH, RE, DMC, and GG.

as for the rest: meh, blasphemy, pssh

jinXed by JaNx

Well, what if her new chest size is explained with an in depth background story? You know, like what if she decided to get some implants to boost her self-esteem. Would you be cool with that?

On topic though, i hope sonic goes away.

MadMel
maybe if they made a sonic game with a theme based off the old show (the GOOD one stick out tongue), where robotnik isn't trying to take over the world, but already has, then they'd already on the road to making a better game...also, it would help if they made robotnik the final friggen boss again...srsly the whole -

eggman - im totally evil mwuhahaha
generic final boss - GTFO b*tch, this is my game
eggman - must....become.....anti...hero *gasp*

- thing is really quite dull erm

anyways - back on topic
halo
sonic
pokemon

doan_m
Sonic is just about the only thing that comes to mind. I"m mostly fine with everything else.

Phanteros
Eggman is an anti villian.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Phanteros
Eggman is an anti villian.

and a crap name.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
They've said they are not going to, and if you look at the trailer, they appear to be telling the truth (thank God)
Indeed. I didn't know they said they weren't going to do that (where'd you hear it?), but that's definitely good to hear.

Pssh, ok, BLASPHEMY, perhaps, But the kids love 'em, pssh, Couldn't care less about SH, RE, DMC, and GG.

as for the rest: meh, blasphemy, pssh
Weltall must not be much of a gamer in general if he/she actually wants all those series to die no expression, or perhaps he/she's just being a troll. You'd might as well have video gaming itself die if all those were to die off.

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Well, what if her new chest size is explained with an in depth background story? You know, like what if she decided to get some implants to boost her self-esteem. Would you be cool with that?
Not really, and I hope that's a joke... stick out tongue

Nephthys
I'm pretty sure he (?) just hates everything that isn't a JRPG. Or Exodia (even though its a shit strategy a 4-year old primate could defeat)

Ridley_Prime
laughing out loud I wouldn't be surprised then.

I like Pokemon/RPGs myself, but come on...

Weltall
Originally posted by Nephthys
Or Exodia (even though its a shit strategy a 4-year old primate could defeat)

Oh no you didn't!

You can say things about me personally or even my taste in gaming but insulting my Exodia strategy crossed the line!!!!

Expect to be on the receiving end of a number of retributive private messages.

Weltall
It's a she btw.

Weltall
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Weltall must not be much of a gamer in general if he/she actually wants all those series to die no expression, or perhaps he/she's just being a troll. You'd might as well have video gaming itself die if all those were to die off.

For the record, I was saying that Mario, Sonic, Megaman etc. shouldn't die off, just in case there was any misunderstanding.

ArtificialGlory
Is Exodia a game?

Weltall
No lol it's a set of cards/a card strategy within the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game.

Weltall
And basically if you end up getting all five cards within your hand it results in an automatic win.

ArtificialGlory
Yu-gi-ohshit what?! Keep that unholy thing away from me.

Weltall
Oh my holy god shit you did not just speak badly of the legendary Yu-Gi-Oh did you???

edit - I must have misread what you were saying, people know not to do that in my presence.

ArtificialGlory
Hmmph. I'll put this as mildy as possible: Yu-Gi-Oh is crap and does not, under any circumstance, deserves to be called Strategy. Basically what Nephthys said.

Weltall
I can not put into words how offended and greatly angered I feel right now. Suffice it to say the individuals that post in the Yu-Gi-Oh! thread within the Anime forums will be informed on the matter.

ArtificialGlory
I can not put into words how offended and greatly angered I feel right now. Suffice it to say the individuals that post in the Yu-Gi-Oh! thread within the Anime forums will be informed on the matter.

Then I suppose they should know that I despise anime/manga in general.

SHM
Kingdom Hearts. It started bad and got worse.

Pokemon. I mean, how many of them are there now? I lost count at 251.

jinXed by JaNx
Everything is better with guns. They gave Sonic guns and even that didn't work. Sonic is far far past his prime and should be put to sleep.

BackFire
WWII Call of Duty games. They're extremely tired.

Ms.Marvel
i agree.

Kazenji
Originally posted by BackFire

And Medal Of Honour games.

One Free Man
Nintendo.

Everything they have done has been the same game photocopied over and over, adding a slight graphic update every time they do.

-Pr-
Originally posted by BackFire

After playing Modern Warfare 2, i honestly can't see myself wanting to play a WW2 game ever again.

That, and the fact that the beach from private ryan and pearl harbour were both recreated nicely in Medal of Honour...

Ridley_Prime
For the record, I was saying that Mario, Sonic, Megaman etc. shouldn't die off, just in case there was any misunderstanding.
Fair 'nuff then.

Originally posted by One Free Man
Nintendo.

Everything they have done has been the same game photocopied over and over, adding a slight graphic update every time they do.
Nintendo's a company, not a franchise first of all, and if everything they did was... what you said, I would've stopped playing their games a long long time ago..... You're right when it comes to some portion of their stuff though, I'll give you that.

Demonic Phoenix
Nintendo.

no expression.

~ Also, Need For Speed needs to die. The last good game they made was probably Most Wanted. The ones after that were just utter crap. Undercover looked alright but was crap.
No idea how Shift is though.

Darth Jello
Mega Man. Capcom has spent 22 years trying to recapture the magic of the first 4 NES games and V Gameboy games and haven't managed to in the least with the exception of the Genesis remakes.

Sonic the Hedgehog. Same reason. Peaked too soon. After Sonic CD and Sonic 2, everything seems like a pale imitation at best with Sonic 3 and Knuckles (the full game that was meant to be) coming closest to recapturing that feel.

Contra. Contra 4 was the only good game they've made since the alien wars. Even rebirth kind of sucks.

Ghosts and Goblins. It was never good, just a waaaay too hard quarter eater that somehow made it to home consoles.

SpadeKing
I guess if you were to compare the newer games to the very first Sonic Adventure than sure they don't even come close but I still think the series retains that same charm that it's always had.

What charm? It is gone downhill badly. Not a single game after SA 2 was worthy of a grade above 5 out of 10.
The plot, the new characters, the gameplay, the glitches, its sad now.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by SpadeKing
What charm? It is gone downhill badly. Not a single game after SA 2 was worthy of a grade above 5 out of 10.
The plot, the new characters, the gameplay, the glitches, its sad now.

Chronicles was good. Though the rest (after SA2 that is) were aweful. I couldn't even force myself through Unleashed's first Werehog level. And I haven't even had the will to attempt Sonic and the Black Knight.

Originally posted by Darth Jello
Mega Man. Capcom has spent 22 years trying to recapture the magic of the first 4 NES games and V Gameboy games and haven't managed to in the least with the exception of the Genesis remakes.

I actually enjoyed the ZX games. It reminded me a bit of the X series which was my favorite (Well, ok. 1-3. X started going downhill at 4 and crashed at 6...). And I also really enjoyed the Legends games.

Nintendo.

That's simply not true, atleast not for all. Some, yes. My main problem with Nintendo is the Wii and the fact that it has become nothing more than a money-grabbing gimmick with the occasional bone thrown to the hardcore. Could've been a good system, if they had decent number of good games on it.

One Free Man

That's simply not true, atleast not for all. Some, yes. My main problem with Nintendo is the Wii and the fact that it has become nothing more than a money-grabbing gimmick with the occasional bone thrown to the hardcore. Could've been a good system, if they had decent number of good games on it. How about we have a first person zelda or a third person zelda in which years after (one of the many) links has hooked up with zelda she is killed by the evil gannon and a more mature link exacts vengeance upon the forces of evil resulting in an expulsion of gannon from the kingdom of hyrule.

I've just written a new zelda game. Don't get me wrong, I like zelda, but the new ones I play are the same as the old ones with a graphical update. It follows a basic formula:
Princess gets kidnapped, while link gets incapacitated or floats away on a boat. Link must put together a collection that makes an artifact that can defeat the kidnapper and then uses it (for an another story ark, they have a 50/50 chance of turning her into stone!)

Same thing with mario. and ssb, etc.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Ghosts and Goblins. It was never good, just a waaaay too hard quarter eater that somehow made it to home consoles.

Way too hard ??

maybe you just fail it.

Demonic Phoenix

I actually enjoyed the ZX games. It reminded me a bit of the X series which was my favorite (Well, ok. 1-3. X started going downhill at 4 and crashed at 6...). And I also really enjoyed the Legends games.

4 was alright imo. Though I found it weird (graphically) at first, I got used to it. I still prefer the crisp and sharp sprites of the SNES games though. I wish Zero (in X4) had had his buster, particularly the one that appeared in X3.
5 is where it started to blow over imo. With the 4 armor parts and the time limit and what not.

Played the Z series? Pretty good I must say. 1 was good, 2 was meh, but 3 was pretty great.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
4 was alright imo. Though I found it weird (graphically) at first, I got used to it. I still prefer the crisp and sharp sprites of the SNES games though. I wish Zero (in X4) had had his buster, particularly the one that appeared in X3.
5 is where it started to blow over imo. With the 4 armor parts and the time limit and what not.

Played the Z series? Pretty good I must say. 1 was good, 2 was meh, but 3 was pretty great.

I've played a bit of the first one, but never really had a chance to get in to it.

Mandrag Ganon
How about we have a first person zelda or a third person zelda in which years after (one of the many) links has hooked up with zelda she is killed by the evil gannon and a more mature link exacts vengeance upon the forces of evil resulting in an expulsion of gannon from the kingdom of hyrule.

I've just written a new zelda game. Don't get me wrong, I like zelda, but the new ones I play are the same as the old ones with a graphical update. It follows a basic formula:
Princess gets kidnapped, while link gets incapacitated or floats away on a boat. Link must put together a collection that makes an artifact that can defeat the kidnapper and then uses it (for an another story ark, they have a 50/50 chance of turning her into stone!)

Same thing with mario. and ssb, etc.

She actually dies while link is incapacitated in this one. Then he works with her spirit in order to save Hyrule from an evil flying train-ghost... thing... Does that count? stick out tongue

Darth Jello
I think Contra can stand to be put out of its misery at this point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.