Superman runs the arm wrestling gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
So Superman goes to this superhero arm wrestling tournament. He must arm wrestle each of the foes. Gets one day rest between each.

Rules:

Only arm wrestling allowed. Anyone who tries to punch, kick or do anything else is disqualified by TOAA (the God one).

1. a normal human who decided to join
2. Batman
3. Thing
4. Hercules
5. Savage Hulk
6. Thor
7. Silver Surfer
8. WW Hulk
9. Rulk
10. Galactus (he's decreased his size for this torurnament)

Colossus-Big C
1. a normal human who decided to join- superman doesnt notice he has started pushing.
2. Batman-see above
3. Thing-breaks his palm
4. Hercules-does better than all above but loses
5. Savage Hulk-see above
6. Thor-see above
7. Silver Surfer-stalemates him
8. WW Hulk-beats him
9. Rulk-is leob force on?
10. Galactus (he's decreased his size for this torurnament) -beats him

DarkOdin
1. a normal human who decided to join Arm ripped off
2. Batman some how almost beats supes but loses
3. Thing All his fingers are crushed
4. Hercules Loses- hercules stalemates Supes but then kicks Supes in the balls=DQ
5. Savage Hulk - Supes not going all out Hulk amps up but when he gets to superman level he punches superman and loses
6. Thor- After being kick in the balls and a swollen eye from hulk Supes loses to Thor
7. Silver Surfer
8. WW Hulk
9. Rulk
10. Galactus

darthgoober
Stops at Herc since he has better arm wrestling feats stick out tongue .

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by darthgoober
Stops at Herc since he has better arm wrestling feats stick out tongue . yea going by arm wrestling feats herc stomps

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

Wait...you mean Galactus beats Superman or the other way around?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Wait...you mean Galactus beats Superman or the other way around? galactus beats him

galactusischere
1. a normal human who decided to join- superman doesnt notice he has started pushing.
2. Batman-see above
3. Thing-breaks his palm
4. Hercules-does better than all above but loses
5. Savage Hulk-see above
6. Thor-see above
7. Silver Surfer-stalemates him
8. WW Hulk-beats him
9. Rulk-is leob force on?

pretty much

ColossusGrundy
I don't see anyone winning against Supes in this one.

Surfer beating him in pure strength? COme on, be reasonable. Galactus would come closest.

Hulk wouldn't amp up enough, Captain Marvel would be better on this list than Hulk.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy

Surfer beating him in pure strength? COme on, be reasonable. Galactus would come closest.

Hulk wouldn't amp up enough, Captain Marvel would be better on this list than Hulk.

Well, Superman would have to win quickly against Hulk.

And I'd say that Galactus could beat him.

Omega Vision
Lol if we were using AS Supes, he actually has arm-wrestling feats.
Am I the only one who thinks that arm wrestling Thor and Savage Hulk would be harder than arm wrestling the Silver Surfer?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Am I the only one who thinks that arm wrestling Thor and Savage Hulk would be harder than arm wrestling the Silver Surfer?

Well, I just put SS after Thor by random, since it's debatable in who's stronger...

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy

Hulk wouldn't amp up enough, Captain Marvel would be better on this list than Hulk. WWH is already amped and it will continue to amp during it

BlackZero30x
id kinda like to see superman arm wrestling the big g at his full size lol

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
id kinda like to see superman arm wrestling the big g at his full size lol so big G uses 1 finger to arm wrestle then

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Am I the only one who thinks that arm wrestling Thor and Savage Hulk would be harder than arm wrestling the Silver Surfer? No but some people are just crazy. Hercules and Thor arm wrestled and shook the whole freakin planet and some how surfer can beat them all hmmmm maybe he uses a better technique laughing out loud

BattleMage
STOPS AT 4 BY WAY OF HAVING HIS ARM BROKEN. HEALS UP IN 10 MINUTES AND READY TO GO AGAIN, ONLY TO BE STOPED AT 4 AGAIN!

BlackZero30x
so big G uses 1 finger to arm wrestle then

yea i think that would be pretty funny.....superman's entire hand pushing against Big G's little finger lol

xJLxKing
Stops at 10 or wwh (because his arm is huge)

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by DarkOdin
No but some people are just crazy. Hercules and Thor arm wrestled and shook the whole freakin planet and some how surfer can beat them all hmmmm maybe he uses a better technique laughing out loud

Well, who says that SS wouldn't have shooken the Earth as well?

Parmaniac
the all american boy would be good in that list shifty

tkitna
Stops at 4

Colossus-Big C
hercules stalemates him then kicks him under the table in the balls and beats him

Rage.Of.Olympus
He'd have a hell of a time at 4. He'd get past Hercules but he isn't getting past the Hulk. That's like outracing the Flash. Not happening. Since I'm bored, I'll respond in another way:

1. An ordinary human - Superman wins.
2. Batman - Superman wins.
3. Thing - Superman wins.
4. Hercules - Superman wins but he'd have hell.
5. Savage Hulk - Superman loses.
6. Thor - Basically a stalemate. This just depends on which one of them has the better stamina.
7. Silver Surfer - Superman wins.
8. World War Hulk - Superman loses.
9. Rulk - Depends on what level Rulk is and how much Loeb his channeling.
10. Galactus - Lol.

r0nm0n88
i think he defeats everyone except wwh and obviously galactus

Lord_Talron
batman beats him, because arm wrestling is more about technique than actual strength.

Joker793
whats herc's arm wrestling feat
winning against she hulk who was not even trying and still herc was maxing out and she let him win
stops at 10

Black bolt z
1. a normal human who decided to join: Supes lets him win out of pity
2. Batman: Batkicks him then batkicks TOAA thus beating both
3. Thing: Loses
4. Hercules: Stand a good chance but odds are he loses
5. Savage Hulk: Not base and already savage?He wins
6. Thor: Endless stalemate IMO
7. Silver Surfer: Pure strength?Surpes takes this
8. WW Hulk: Hulk easy
9. Rulk: Loebforce FTW
10. Galactus (he's decreased his size for this torurnament): Galactus's pinkie crushes him.

paisapower
hits a wall at 10

JakeTheBank
Probably loses at 5 provided Superman can't end it quickly. The longer the struggle goes on, the more it swings in Hulk's favor. He stalemates or barely beats Thor and beats Surfer unless he's allowed to amp to crazy levels with the PC. He shouldn't beat WWH. Rulk? LOL. The Loebforce would be torn between him and Supes. Galactus doesn't need acknowledgment here.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Haha, yea. The Loeb Era Superman was also ridiculously formidable.

Thinking about it, probably a great deal of Clark's most impressive modern showings of power etc. come from two people. Loeb and Morrison.

Starscream M
lol at ppl thinking thor stalemates supes

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, it's not as if his stalemated beings like Kurse in a contest of strength and even tossed him when angry, or stalemated an enraged Hulk for an hour, even for hours in a different scene. God forbid he stalemates Superman. Mind blowing.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, it's not as if his stalemated beings like Kurse in a contest of strength and even tossed him when angry, or stalemated an enraged Hulk for an hour, even for hours in a different scene. God forbid he stalemates Superman. Mind blowing. yeah, because surely thor stalemating thor is not an obvious case of PIS...surely when hulk fights thor, suddenly his power of increasing strength no longer exists right rage?!

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
yeah, because surely thor stalemating thor is not an obvious case of PIS...surely when hulk fights thor, suddenly his power of increasing strength no longer exists right rage?!

What are you talking about? If you mean Thor stalemating Hulk is PIS, then I don't know what to tell you. I think it's obvious that Thor's reserves of strength enable him to match an amping Hulk for a limited amount of time. confused

It's threads like these that paint you like you dislike or have some kind of grudge against Thor, Starscream. Especially when you target a specific poster when it's clear said poster is far from the only one who believes that Thor would win/fare better than you think he would.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
What are you talking about? If you mean Thor stalemating Hulk is PIS, then I don't know what to tell you. I think it's obvious that Thor's reserves of strength enable him to match an amping Hulk for a limited amount of time. confused

It's threads like these that paint you like you dislike or have some kind of grudge against Thor, Starscream. Especially when you target a specific poster when it's clear said poster is far from the only one who believes that Thor would win/fare better than you think he would. and its when you make posts like this that show your bias for thor

thor CANNOT and SHOULD NOT be able to match Hulk in a extended contest of strength

friggin Onslaught couldn't even do so, yet Thor can? gimme a break.

Hulk's power is to amp strength as he gets angrier and fights longer. Thor has no such power...to claim otherwise is simply fiction.

Rage.Of.Olympus
yeah, because surely thor stalemating thor is not an obvious case of PIS...surely when hulk fights thor, suddenly his power of increasing strength no longer exists right rage?!

Thor stalemating Thor? Lol. I'm assuming you mean Thor stalemating the Hulk.

Why on Earth would it be a case of P.I.S.? Thor has been stalemating the Hulk since the earliest days of Marvel fool. Thor's strength reserves are simply that vast.

What? Hulk's ever increasing strength has been referenced plenty of times when he was in battle against Thor. Clearly the writers just think Thor's strong enough to hang in there. Personally I think he just has vast strength reserves. Seriously, Thor's killed both the Hulk and Thing in unarmed combat after hours of fighting. It's not far fetched he can stalemate him for hours.

And just so you know, the Hulk is not the only being Thor has stalemated in a prolonged battle that has access to ever increasing strength. Thor stalemated Drax while he was tapping into the Power Gem before. Shit, his one shotted Drax when he had the Power Gem.

Honestly, Thor's stalemated a being whose powerset is to be over twice as strong as Thor. Yet Thor can still match him.

Thor's just that strong. Get over it.

Just think of him as being magic if helps you sleep better at night.

JakeTheBank
and its when you make posts like this that show your bias for thor

thor CANNOT and SHOULD NOT be able to match Hulk in a extended contest of strength

friggin Onslaught couldn't even do so, yet Thor can? gimme a break.

Hulk's power is to amp strength as he gets angrier and fights longer. Thor has no such power...to claim otherwise is simply fiction.

Bias? Check some of the recent Thor threads, buddy. I'd like to think my knowledge of Thor is enough to tell me when he should lose as much as when he should win.

So, it's PIS even though it's been shown for years that Thor and Hulk, for all intents and purposes of a comic book fights, are equals? The hell is this? Thor's base strength is superior to Hulk. Hulk amps. Thor taps into his reserves of strength. Hulk continues to amp. Thor continues to edge Hulk out until Hulk eventually surpasses him in the sheer strength department. Nothing PIS about it. Thor holds back a lot. And I mean A LOT. The fact that Hulk has to amp and get pissed to high heaven in order to clearly best Thor speaks volumes about Thor's own strength. No one is arguing that Hulk shouldn't be Thor's superior after a certain point. But until that certain point is met, Thor can match him. Marvel agrees. Why don't you?

Onslaught also beat the shit out of Juggs, so there ya go. And Thor has been stalemating/drawing Hulk more than a few times to suggest his base strength is up to par to the task.

No, Thor can't amp. What Thor can do is continue to dig deeper and use his full strength which, contrary to what you may think, is enough to be considered a peer to Superman if not an equal at the very least.

Seriously, all this does is make you look like you're butthurt or something.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
So Superman goes to this superhero arm wrestling tournament. He must arm wrestle each of the foes. Gets one day rest between each.

Rules:

Only arm wrestling allowed. Anyone who tries to punch, kick or do anything else is disqualified by TOAA (the God one).

1. a normal human who decided to join
2. Batman
3. Thing
4. Hercules
5. Savage Hulk
6. Thor
7. Silver Surfer
8. WW Hulk
9. Rulk
10. Galactus (he's decreased his size for this torurnament)

1-Superman
2-Superman
3- Superman
4- superman
5-Savage Hulk via strength increase
6-Superman scrapes through here
7-Superman
8- WW Hulk
9- Early days rulk would have won this but currently superman
10- No comment

Starscream M
Thor holds back a lot. And I mean A LOT. this statement alone erases any (read none) credibility that you still had.

Thor holds back by not employingtactics like godblast...he certainly doesn't hold back on his strength against Hulk...unless you're suggesting thor is an idiot.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Starscream hates Thor. I think its mainly my fault.

And yea, Hulk has gotten angry to the point his practically mindless and wants nothing more than to kill Thor yet cannot still overpower him.

Thor and the Hulk have been portrayed as basic equals for a long, long time. Shit, Marvel has Thor stalemate the Mindless Hulk while the same Hulk was taking on Hercules, Namor, Wonder Man, Iron Man etc. and tanking their shit while getting weaker.

JakeTheBank
this statement alone erases any (read none) credibility that you still had.

Thor holds back by not employingtactics like godblast...he certainly doesn't hold back on his strength against Hulk...unless you're suggesting thor is an idiot.

LOL at "my" credibility being erased.

It's pretty obvious that Thor holds back his full strength, Starscream. erm Look at ODG's respect thread under "Restraint". It's a whole section dedicated to showing just how much he restricts himself against foes.

The point is Thor is simply that strong. Most people accept it. Marvel accepts it. But you, for whatever reason, can't. Or won't.

Rage.Of.Olympus
this statement alone erases any (read none) credibility that you still had.

laughing out loud

Naija boy
LOL at "my" credibility being erased.

It's pretty obvious that Thor holds back his full strength, Starscream. erm Look at ODG's respect thread under "Restraint". It's a whole section dedicated to showing just how much he restricts himself against foes.

The point is Thor is simply that strong. Most people accept it. Marvel accepts it. But you, for whatever reason, can't. Or won't.

why do u bother with that fellow? He isnt good for anything other than cheap amusement. Ive found that the best answer for him is
the very useful facepalm smiley.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.