Thanos vs. Pre-Crisis Mantis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zeuodin
Two titans duke it out.

Omega Vision
Mantis has pretty good energy absorption and he was able to fight Superman but if Thanos can last long enough Mantis' power supplies will diminish. That's Mantis's weakness and the reason he needs his pod.
I'd say PC Mantis 7/10

galactusischere
Mantis 6-7/10 due to being able to absorb energy blasts and other crap

Prep-Man
I'm giving Thanos the nod, but it will be hard as hell.

Omega Vision
This is one of those rare cases when a guy like Thanos would be smarter to focus on fisticuffs. Any energy attack he throws at Mantis is just going to make Mantis stronger.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Omega Vision
This is one of those rare cases when a guy like Thanos would be smarter to focus on fisticuffs. Any energy attack he throws at Mantis is just going to make Mantis stronger.

You don't think THanos has energy absorbtion capabilities? Thanos 8 out of 10

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
So you don't actually know how strong pre crisis mantis is, thanos getting 8/10 on him is ridiculous.

Omega Vision
Thanos does not have the strength of a PC Kryptonian. Also Mantis was able to drain the power from Hal Jordan's ring, I can't see Thanos doing that without tech.

Galan007
*wonders how thanos would fair against mantis' anti-matter touch*

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Thanos does not have the strength of a PC Kryptonian. Also Mantis was able to drain the power from Hal Jordan's ring, I can't see Thanos doing that without tech.

Okay, here we go again with your strength assertions. Why do you feel Thanos doesn't have the strength of a PC Krytonian? How much above him do you think they are?

Zeuodin
Okay, here we go again with your strength assertions. Why do you feel Thanos doesn't have the strength of a PC Krytonian? How much above him do you think they are? Quite a bit. At most Thanos is about twice or three times stronger than Thor. A PC kryptonian is like 1000,s of times. they were sneezing away star systems.

Omega Vision
Okay, here we go again with your strength assertions. Why do you feel Thanos doesn't have the strength of a PC Krytonian? How much above him do you think they are?
Show me evidence Thanos is comparable to PC Superman in the strength department.

batdude123
Yeah, wow...

Saying Thanos is comparable in strength to PC Superman/Kryptonians is a stretch to say the least.

Galan007
Originally posted by batdude123
Yeah, wow...

Saying Thanos is comparable in strength to PC Superman/Kryptonians is a stretch to say the least. are you trying to say that THE thanos cannot throw planets around like ping pong balls? that he can't move stars with his breath alone? that he is unable to hurl a neutron star light years away?

i hope you're joking. uhuh

batdude123
Originally posted by Galan007
are you trying to say that THE thanos cannot throw planets around like ping pong balls? that he can't move stars with his breath alone? that he is unable to throw a neutron star light years away?

i hope you're joking. uhuh

Of course I was...

hoss

Philosophía
B-b-but Odin..

Forcefields..

Blasting Galactus..

Doesn't that mean ANYTHING ?!

Omega Vision

batdude123
Lmao @ "being above good and evil."

Omega Vision
Originally posted by batdude123
Lmao @ "being above good and evil."
Quan tried to argue that (unlike Darkseid) Thanos would be able to tank Asmodel's light of Heaven because he's above evil or somesuch nonsense. I think the word he used was "Unique".

KuRuPT Thanosi
yet again the same old song and dance. Its funny how PC Krypt do all these crazy feats.. yet get Ko'd by gas stations. Yet are more vulnerable to magic and K-nite. There powerlevels and durability showings were all over the place. Of course they have some high end feats that were ridiculous and really aren't taken very seriously. Of course Thanos couldn't do some of those feats. However, Thanos doesn't have strength feats in general to compare. He's not a hero who has to lift x,y & z in order to save the Universe. You will never find him to have such feats. However, what he does have is tangling and dismissing people with ease who have very good lifting feats and treating them like children. Basic deduction.

Omega Vision
yet again the same old song and dance. Its funny how PC Krypt do all these crazy feats.. yet get Ko'd by gas stations. Yet are more vulnerable to magic and K-nite. There powerlevels and durability showings were all over the place. Of course they have some high end feats that were ridiculous and really aren't taken very seriously. Of course Thanos couldn't do some of those feats. However, Thanos doesn't have strength feats in general to compare. He's not a hero who has to lift x,y & z in order to save the Universe. You will never find him to have such feats. However, what he does have is tangling and dismissing people with ease who have very good lifting feats and treating them like children. Basic deduction.
No that's called ABC logic. Thanos has never treated a person with PC Kryptonian stats like a child. He's held his own against beings approaching their physical status but he's never stomped one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.