hurt, knock out or kill galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
galactus is tied with an unbreakable chain to an unbreakable object.
each person gets 1,000 blast or punches
do they hurt, knock out or kill galactus(deaths curse does not apply)

1. Cyclopes
2. Juggernaut
3. Thor
4. Ice Man
5. Storm
6. Zeus
7. Odin
8. Chthon
9. Cyttorak
10. Tyrant

Bentley
Galactus teleports out of the objet and kick everybody's asses. Except maybe Cyttorak and Chthon.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Bentley
Galactus teleports out of the objet and kick everybody's asses. Except maybe Cyttorak and Chthon. its teleport proof or whatever c'mon just follow the thread

Bentley
Well then, Cyclops, being the master strategist he is, would just wait so Galactus dies of hunger while he does Emma on top of Jean's grave.

Omega Vision
Can Galactus be knocked out? I know he can die but I don't think I've heard of him being unconscious.

Colossus-Big C
galactus after 1 blast from thanos

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1025858-998020_t_06_10_super_super.jpg

DarkOdin
1. Cyclopes-NO
2. Juggernaut-No
3. Thor-Lots of Godblast but yes
4. Ice Man-No
5. Storm-No
6. Zeus-yes
7. Odin-yes
8. Chthon-yes
9. Cyttorakyes
10. Tyrant -yes

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Can Galactus be knocked out? I know he can die but I don't think I've heard of him being unconscious. He was koed by Beyonder in secret wars. I think it also happened again in annihilation.

Colossus-Big C
cyclops with 1,000 blast visor off wouldnt damage G?

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1025858-998020_t_06_10_super_super.jpg If i am not mistaken the blast Thanos did only knocked off big G helmet and the damage in this scan was from something that was attacking Thanos and Big G

HueyFreeman

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1025858-998020_t_06_10_super_super.jpg Thanos did not do that to Galactus. When thanos blasted him the only thing that came off was his helmet.

Zeuodin
Hmm. Now I see why people think Thanos is more powerful than he really is.

Colossus-Big C
by the way Galactus is one ugly ************

Batman-Prime
by the way Galactus is one ugly ************

So is Thanos. In fact almost all the Marvel Cosmics are....

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
So is Thanos. In fact almost all the Marvel Cosmics are.... squirrel girl is kinda hawt though

Colossus-Big C
back to thread. do they hurt knock out or kill superman

psycho gundam
back to thread. do they hurt knock out or kill superman heh

that was another thread

Colossus-Big C
i mean Galactus

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by psycho gundam
squirrel girl is kinda hawt though

Hm, sometimes she has those big teeth, they could do some serious dmg no expression

6-10 could hurt him

Tenebrous
galactus is tied with an unbreakable chain to an unbreakable object.
each person gets 1,000 blast or punches
do they hurt, knock out or kill galactus(deaths curse does not apply)

1. Cyclopes
2. Juggernaut
3. Thor
4. Ice Man
5. Storm
6. Zeus
7. Odin
8. Chthon
9. Cyttorak
10. Tyrant

assuming G isn't hungry or weak, none of them can kill him.* Thor can hurt him if all he uses are Godblasts. 1,2,4,5 are all like a gentle spring rain. I don't see Odin or Zeus or Chthon doing anything beyond making him angry. It's hard to gauge what cyttorak can do since he has so few appearances in his "true" form. I doubt he can kill Galactus. Hurt him, perhaps.

*Tyrant...if it's DP Tyrant, he can only hurt G. If it's FP Tyrant, he should be able to render him unconscious, and maaaaybe kill.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by psycho gundam
squirrel girl is kinda hawt though

Do beyond-omnipotents count as cosmics?

Are they allowed to just wait for Galactus to starve to death? If not, then only Tyrant would have a chance of killing him.

galactusischere
None succeed in killing him.
Chton, Thor, Cyttorak, and Tyrant can hurt him badly if its a hungry Galactus.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Tenebrous
assuming G isn't hungry or weak, none of them can kill him.* Thor can hurt him if all he uses are Godblasts. 1,2,4,5 are all like a gentle spring rain. I don't see Odin or Zeus or Chthon doing anything beyond making him angry. It's hard to gauge what cyttorak can do since he has so few appearances in his "true" form. I doubt he can kill Galactus. Hurt him, perhaps.

*Tyrant...if it's DP Tyrant, he can only hurt G. If it's FP Tyrant, he should be able to render him unconscious, and maaaaybe kill.

I believe Odin and either version of Tyrant could put down big g. Either a KO, death or on the verge of death.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I believe Odin and either version of Tyrant could put down big g. Either a KO, death or on the verge of death.

disagree. DP Tyrant is a fraction of FP Tyrant, who himself is less than Galactus. A fed Galactus fell to DP Tyrant only because Tyrant used his Technopathy to use Galactus' own machines against him. Otherwise prior to that DP Tyrant wasnt having much success. I dont see a thousand blasts from DP Tyrant or Odin having the same cumulative effect as the one sucker punch blast that Aegis gave Galactus in Annihilation which resulted in Galactus' KO. And frankly, that one sucker punch blast from Aegis isn't what left Galactus near death...it was the ensuing constant starvation that led him to near death.

As a result, You would now make the implicit argument that:

For KO: the cumulative power of 1000 blasts from DP Tyrant or 1000 blasts from Odin >= the sucker punch blast from Aegis that knocked Galactus out

or

For near death: 1000 blasts DP Tyrant or 1000 blasts Odin >= sucker punch blast from Aegis + prolonged starvation due to Thanos using Galactus' tech to siphon away his energies over the course of several weeks.

For death: 1000 blasts DP Tyrant or 1000 blasts Odin > near death scenario + using Galactus' own tech to extinguish his reserves, since his durability is low due to being near death.

In all instances DP Tyrant and Odin fall far short, in my belief.

Additionally, Thanos tanked several blasts/hits from Odin. In fact Thanos appeared to nonchalantly tank Odin's first blast...a blast which knocked out surfer. Eventually Thanos would have gone done if the fight dragged on long enough but the fact that Odin took so long to actually get Thanos to feel the effects of and the damage of his blasts is quite telling. They will not kill Galactus or even leave him on the verge of death (unless it's FP Tyrant, even then it's debatable).

KuRuPT Thanosi
disagree. DP Tyrant is a fraction of FP Tyrant, who himself is less than Galactus. A fed Galactus fell to DP Tyrant only because Tyrant used his Technopathy to use Galactus' own machines against him. Otherwise prior to that DP Tyrant wasnt having much success. I dont see a thousand blasts from DP Tyrant or Odin having the same cumulative effect as the one sucker punch blast that Aegis gave Galactus in Annihilation which resulted in Galactus' KO. And frankly, that one sucker punch blast from Aegis isn't what left Galactus near death...it was the ensuing constant starvation that led him to near death.

As a result, You would now make the implicit argument that:

For KO: the cumulative power of 1000 blasts from DP Tyrant or 1000 blasts from Odin >= the sucker punch blast from Aegis that knocked Galactus out

or

For near death: 1000 blasts DP Tyrant or 1000 blasts Odin >= sucker punch blast from Aegis + prolonged starvation due to Thanos using Galactus' tech to siphon away his energies over the course of several weeks.

For death: 1000 blasts DP Tyrant or 1000 blasts Odin > near death scenario + using Galactus' own tech to extinguish his reserves, since his durability is low due to being near death.

In all instances DP Tyrant and Odin fall far short, in my belief.

Additionally, Thanos tanked several blasts/hits from Odin. In fact Thanos appeared to nonchalantly tank Odin's first blast...a blast which knocked out surfer. Eventually Thanos would have gone done if the fight dragged on long enough but the fact that Odin took so long to actually get Thanos to feel the effects of and the damage of his blasts is quite telling. They will not kill Galactus or even leave him on the verge of death (unless it's FP Tyrant, even then it's debatable).

Yeah I totally disagree with your assessment. How on earth do you figure that 1000 full powered blasts from Tyrant or Odin don't equal one sucker punch blast from Aegis? IMO they more than equal that one blast and rather easily in my estimation. Your also wrong when you said the only reason Tyrant was winning was because he used his technopath abilities to use Galactus own ship against him. That is false. He was winning pretty much the entire fight. Galactus HAD to resort to doing that because he usual tactic of blasting his opponents into submission was failing miserably. Think about it.. What does Galactus using do in a one v one encounter.. He blasts people right? Well, the problem was this time his No.1 tactic was actually making Tyrant stronger with every blast. So, Big G didn't expect that got worried and then felt like he had to resort to his tech in the hopes it would put down Tyrant. Make no mistake though his usual tactic wasn't working and Tyrant was getting the better of pretty much the whole fight with or without the Technopath issue. Thanos also sent Galactus flying from his ship and bouncing across the moon and knocking off his helmet. IMO Odin's blast are every bit as much of that or more. YOu act like Galactus took Thanos blast and laughed. He didn't, and if you give Odin or Tyrant 1000 blasts.. Galactus would go down and go down hard. FP Tyrant.. he doesn't even need that many to put down big g.

-Pr-
Cyclops 13

Tenebrous
Yeah I totally disagree with your assessment. How on earth do you figure that 1000 full powered blasts from Tyrant or Odin don't equal one sucker punch blast from Aegis? IMO they more than equal that one blast and rather easily in my estimation. Your also wrong when you said the only reason Tyrant was winning was because he used his technopath abilities to use Galactus own ship against him. That is false. He was winning pretty much the entire fight. Galactus HAD to resort to doing that because he usual tactic of blasting his opponents into submission was failing miserably. Think about it.. What does Galactus using do in a one v one encounter.. He blasts people right? Well, the problem was this time his No.1 tactic was actually making Tyrant stronger with every blast. So, Big G didn't expect that got worried and then felt like he had to resort to his tech in the hopes it would put down Tyrant. Make no mistake though his usual tactic wasn't working and Tyrant was getting the better of pretty much the whole fight with or without the Technopath issue. Thanos also sent Galactus flying from his ship and bouncing across the moon and knocking off his helmet. IMO Odin's blast are every bit as much of that or more. YOu act like Galactus took Thanos blast and laughed. He didn't, and if you give Odin or Tyrant 1000 blasts.. Galactus would go down and go down hard. FP Tyrant.. he doesn't even need that many to put down big g.

Tyrant wasn't winning the entire fight. Galactus blasted him and ripped away Tyrant's hair. Tyrant scratched Galactus' hand. Galactus then used the machines

I don't care if Thanos' blasts stripped Galactus completely naked. Do you want me to put up the scan that everyone knows where Thanos talks to himself and says he has no illusions that all he did was to make Galactus mad? Is the point of this gauntlet to see who can make Galactus mad or who can hurt, ko, nearly kill, or kill him? Bringing up instances where it clearly states all it did was make him angry do nothing to support your position.

Aegis is a cosmic entity. You are arguing that DP Tyrant and Odin have power 1/1000 of a cosmic entity. Fine....how is DP Tyrant firing 1000 blasts going to be cumulatively superior to blasts that FP Tyrant can create? How? That's exactly what you're arguing and now you've got to support it.

As for Odin, Galactus has been inside of a sun going supernova and was completely unaffected. Odin's blasts against Thanos, blasts which by no means were casual, were destroying some of Asgard, which is a city-sized realm. Somehow 1000 of those blasts are going to affect Galactus? When Galactus fought Aegis and Tenebrous, blasts from Tenebrous were both cracking Galactus' armor and causing him to bleed cosmic energy. Thor's standard hammer blasts have been ineffective against Galactus before. The Godblast was used after Galactus had fought Ego, and when Galactus was weak. No such handicaps on Galactus here. BRB used a powerful attack which he uses to shatter planets and it scratched Galactus' helmet. Asgardian magic is not very effective against a standard powerlevel (i.e., non-weak) Galactus. Yet 1000 Odin blasts...1000 of the blasts Odin used against Thanos are going to kill him? Please.

Tenebrous
Edit: Thanos took 6 blasts/hits from Odin before the fight was ended due to story progression. That means you're also arguing that non-weak, non-hungry Galactus is less than 166 Thanoses in terms of durability and damage soak.

Kasper Gutman
That scan of big G was just after two planets collided with him in the middle.

I don't recall if Thanos had shields up while taking the blasts from Odin but he did survive a big G energy blast with shields up. So putting down Odin's power just because Thanos survived the encounter is a little off in my opinion. Thanos is just a tough sucka.

Utrigita

You are recalling that DP Tyrants own blast against Galactus did nothing what so ever, while the blast from Galactus caused Tyrant harm and made him question if engaging Galactus was at all a good idea?

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Kasper Gutman
That scan of big G was just after two planets collided with him in the middle.

I don't recall if Thanos had shields up while taking the blasts from Odin but he did survive a big G energy blast with shields up. So putting down Odin's power just because Thanos survived the encounter is a little off in my opinion. Thanos is just a tough sucka.

The Odin fight was very ambiguous in terms of shields (whether he used them or not). The Galactus blast used against Thanos is quite telling because Thanos activated ALL his shields and the resulting blast from Galactus nearly penetrated them in one shot. In Galactus' own words, he "exerted" himself to try and penetrate the shields. Exertion does not equate to concerted, determined effort. In fact it is far less. Contrast this with the blasts Odin was using against Thanos, because Odin thought that Thor was imperiled due to Thanos' hand. Galactus prepared a second blast and we all know what happened once Thanos saw Galactus preparing for a second blast: he begged for his life. Thanos is tough, and his damage soak is extremely high, but the corollary I'm drawing is that Odin's 6 blasts didn't damage Thanos anywhere near the amount that Galactus' 1 blast did...and I'm not comparing damage output in this instance, I'm comparing Thanos' ability to tank those blasts. He fared far better tanking Odin's. And again using Thanos as the common factor introduces some degree of consistency for our purposes: Starlin wrote the issue of Warlock where Thanos and Odin fight....and Starlin wrote the issue of Thanos were Thanos and Galactus had their encounter.

If you line up 166 Thanoses and they each tank 6 Odin blasts, that's more than 1000 blasts. So again....is a regular non-hungry, non-weak, and relatively well-fed Galactus less than the damage soak of 166 Thanoses? Not in my view.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The Odin fight was very ambiguous in terms of shields (whether he used them or not). The Galactus blast used against Thanos is quite telling because Thanos activated ALL his shields and the resulting blast from Galactus nearly penetrated them in one shot. In Galactus' own words, he "exerted" himself to try and penetrate the shields. Exertion does not equate to concerted, determined effort. In fact it is far less. Contrast this with the blasts Odin was using against Thanos, because Odin thought that Thor was imperiled due to Thanos' hand. Galactus prepared a second blast and we all know what happened once Thanos saw Galactus preparing for a second blast: he begged for his life. Thanos is tough, and his damage soak is extremely high, but the corollary I'm drawing is that Odin's 6 blasts didn't damage Thanos anywhere near the amount that Galactus' 1 blast did...and I'm not comparing damage output in this instance, I'm comparing Thanos' ability to tank those blasts. He fared far better tanking Odin's. And again using Thanos as the common factor introduces some degree of consistency for our purposes: Starlin wrote the issue of Warlock where Thanos and Odin fight....and Starlin wrote the issue of Thanos were Thanos and Galactus had their encounter.

If you line up 166 Thanoses and they each tank 6 Odin blasts, that's more than 1000 blasts. So again....is a regular non-hungry, non-weak, and relatively well-fed Galactus less than the damage soak of 166 Thanoses? Not in my view.

The problems with what your saying is this...

First, Thanos used no shields when he fought odin. I'm not sure how there was any confusion on the matter

Second, Odin wasn't going all out again Thanos. I believe he was certainly trying to put Thanos down and putting forth a good amount of effort, but not going all out.

Third, you must be working under the premise and theory that Thor's power output is greater than Odin's. You must subscribe to the theory that Thor's Godblast is greater than anything Odin could muster up. Why you say? We've seen Thor send Galactus running and screaming in pain from a Godblast correct? Now I on the other hand, believe that Odin is more powerful than Thor and any blast Thor could do Odin could do better. We've seen Odin shake the multiverse before with his fight with Seth. So you see, I believe that a going all out Odin is a lot more powerful than regular Thor who made Galactus flee. So, using your ABC logic that you used above.. its clear by my version of a comparison it should take Odin less than 1000 blasts to at least KO Galactus.

Fourth, DP Tyrant was winning his fight with a Well-Fed and prepped Galactus. Galactus own blasts were powering up Tyrant. SS believe his master was in danger and said very clearly "I must go there to stop them from fighting before they BOTH DESTROY EACH OTHER" It seems very clear that Surfer seems to believe Tyrant could and would harm his master. Let me also say that neither SS nor Galactus knew what Tyrant was going to do and that Galactus own blasts would power him up. That shocked Galactus and certainly SS didn't know. So, its clear SS knew Tyrant was a threat correct? Furthermore, Galactus own words speak to this end.. He didn't want to engage Tyrant the first time because he feared how much would be destroyed around him. He also felt like Tyrant was a significant threat because he Fed on a planet ripe with nutrients and hadn't felt this good in ages. Usually, Galactus is portrayed when losing as weak and in desperate need to feed. However, in this case the writers wanted him at full strength because as we've seen through narration and on panel feats Tyrant was a legit threat. That right there shows us the reader that the writer is trying to convey which is Tyrant is no joke. Now, you expect me to believe that such a threat as well documented.. Could produce the force to KO or Kill Galactus in 1000 shots? So, your saying much like with Odin that one Godblast from Thor is more than anything Tyrant can produce in 1000 shots? Please. Tyrant accomplish the kill with less than 1000 free shots.

Tenebrous
The problems with what your saying is this...

First, Thanos used no shields when he fought odin. I'm not sure how there was any confusion on the matter

1. Thanos never explicitly indicated whether he used shields or not. In any event, this is irrelevant and for you to say that he factually did not does nothing but strengthen my case...assuming you're right, Odin's blasts aren't even powerful enough for Thanos to warrant activating his shields!

2. A "good amount of effort?" You can press your opinions and I'll do exactly the same. Asgardians stating

i. "Odin joins us in battle?!?!....this has not happened in recent
memory!"
ii. "This day Odin fights alone!" Determined, much?
iii. Lady Sif telling Odin that thanos and his companions "deserve not your wrath"

Odin only pulls out gungnir when he wants to commit a "good amount of effort? Asgard is being destroyed around him and Odin doesn't give a damn?

And lastly....Odin sees his son Thor imprisoned by Thanos, and decides to give just "a good effort" to free Thor?

My reading of the story, and certainly the fury on Odin's face...is that he is far closer to fury than what you dismiss to be "a good effort" in an attempt to reduce Odin's assault on Thanos to a mildly concerted wish to see his son Thor free from captivity. Of course, everyone is welcome to their opinion on the matter. I chose to form the opinion that, taking the above on-panel statements and story facts in aggregate, Odin was certainly doing far more than "a good effort."

The tiresome tactic of some debaters on here of putting words into the mouths of others to bolster their own position.

Putting aside the fact that the context of the Godblast causing Galactus to "run and scream in pain," is while Galactus was weak (again, NOT the conditions in this scenario) I've said that asgardian magic has been proven to be ineffective for the most part on Galactus. I'm confident that you subscribe to the fact that Odin wields Asgardian magic. I'm confident that you also know that bringing up the highest level feat of Odin's that hasn't been even remotely been displayed in recent years invites cherry picking...Galactus fought Mephisto, in Mephisto's realm, in a trans-dimensional conflict that shook the firmament. So Odin isn't the only one unleashing massive energies...and to make the matter clear:

are you arguing that Odin is going to fire a blast at Galactus 1000 times, such that these blasts equal the ones that "tore at the fabric of the multiverse" in his fights against Seth? If you're going to select highest showings then by rational correlation I can just as easily invoke the durability of Galactus during secret wars when he tanked a blast from Pre-Retcon Beyonder. I can cherry pick too.

No. It is Tyrant who backed down first. He acknowledged that Galactus' arrival was "unfortunate" and that he wasn't prepared for it. He even stated "my best interest lies in withdrawing," before Galactus backed away due to not wishing to engage in a costly confrontation outside of his time and choosing. You skipped over that part in an effort to bolster your position.

Thanos confirms on-panel that Tyrant is in a reduced state from before. FP Tyrant, many orders of magnitude more powerful than DP Tyrant, battled Galactus in a conflict recorded by Tyrant's computers. Thanos looked at the data and deduced that galaxies were destroyed in the collateral damage.

Now, this story, as written by the creator of Tyrant, Ron Marz, is continued by Mike Lackey in SS 109. The same writer who gives Morg a Brooklyn accent. In any case, the fight shows Galactus "forgot" that Tyrant feeds on biospheric energy but yet clearly Tyrant hasn't changed in terms of the nature of his powers from his FP state. Now it's canon because it appeared in a comic so I wont argue with it. What Lackey depicted in SS 109 directly contradicts what Marz wrote in Cosmic Powers #6.

Regardless of the contradictions, these are the facts: Galactus withstood blasts from FP Tyrant which were exponentially more powerful than DP Tyrant. You're going to say DP Tyrant can kill Galactus with 1000 blasts when FULL POWER Tyrant failed to kill Galactus?

Stop putting words into my mouth. This is a tactic that a lot of people here on KMC resort to when they can't successfully articulate their own positions and twist the opposing side's view to inflate their own claims. The Godblast, for the last time, is irrelevant due to Galactus being weak, and having fought Ego. My mention of it was due to it being an Asgardian attack in nature. Nothing more. And show me the scan where Full Power Tyrant successfully killed Galactus...because DP Tyrant, at a fraction of FP Tyrant's power, sure as hell isn't doing it when FP Tyrant couldn't get the job done when the power he was outputting was enough to destroy multiple Galaxies...that's enough to fit trillions of Asgards, in case anyone would be wondering.

Naija boy
DP tyrant isnt killing a well fed galactus with one thousand blasts. Period.
Full powered tyrant id say could probly do it if galactus had to just stand and take the shots. NOt to sure of Chthon and Cytorrak. but the rest fail.

KuRuPT Thanosi
1. Thanos never explicitly indicated whether he used shields or not. In any event, this is irrelevant and for you to say that he factually did not does nothing but strengthen my case...assuming you're right, Odin's blasts aren't even powerful enough for Thanos to warrant activating his shields!

2. A "good amount of effort?" You can press your opinions and I'll do exactly the same. Asgardians stating

i. "Odin joins us in battle?!?!....this has not happened in recent
memory!"
ii. "This day Odin fights alone!" Determined, much?
iii. Lady Sif telling Odin that thanos and his companions "deserve not your wrath"

Odin only pulls out gungnir when he wants to commit a "good amount of effort? Asgard is being destroyed around him and Odin doesn't give a damn?

And lastly....Odin sees his son Thor imprisoned by Thanos, and decides to give just "a good effort" to free Thor?

My reading of the story, and certainly the fury on Odin's face...is that he is far closer to fury than what you dismiss to be "a good effort" in an attempt to reduce Odin's assault on Thanos to a mildly concerted wish to see his son Thor free from captivity. Of course, everyone is welcome to their opinion on the matter. I chose to form the opinion that, taking the above on-panel statements and story facts in aggregate, Odin was certainly doing far more than "a good effort."

The tiresome tactic of some debaters on here of putting words into the mouths of others to bolster their own position.

Putting aside the fact that the context of the Godblast causing Galactus to "run and scream in pain," is while Galactus was weak (again, NOT the conditions in this scenario) I've said that asgardian magic has been proven to be ineffective for the most part on Galactus. I'm confident that you subscribe to the fact that Odin wields Asgardian magic. I'm confident that you also know that bringing up the highest level feat of Odin's that hasn't been even remotely been displayed in recent years invites cherry picking...Galactus fought Mephisto, in Mephisto's realm, in a trans-dimensional conflict that shook the firmament. So Odin isn't the only one unleashing massive energies...and to make the matter clear:

are you arguing that Odin is going to fire a blast at Galactus 1000 times, such that these blasts equal the ones that "tore at the fabric of the multiverse" in his fights against Seth? If you're going to select highest showings then by rational correlation I can just as easily invoke the durability of Galactus during secret wars when he tanked a blast from Pre-Retcon Beyonder. I can cherry pick too.

No. It is Tyrant who backed down first. He acknowledged that Galactus' arrival was "unfortunate" and that he wasn't prepared for it. He even stated "my best interest lies in withdrawing," before Galactus backed away due to not wishing to engage in a costly confrontation outside of his time and choosing. You skipped over that part in an effort to bolster your position.

Thanos confirms on-panel that Tyrant is in a reduced state from before. FP Tyrant, many orders of magnitude more powerful than DP Tyrant, battled Galactus in a conflict recorded by Tyrant's computers. Thanos looked at the data and deduced that galaxies were destroyed in the collateral damage.

Now, this story, as written by the creator of Tyrant, Ron Marz, is continued by Mike Lackey in SS 109. The same writer who gives Morg a Brooklyn accent. In any case, the fight shows Galactus "forgot" that Tyrant feeds on biospheric energy but yet clearly Tyrant hasn't changed in terms of the nature of his powers from his FP state. Now it's canon because it appeared in a comic so I wont argue with it. What Lackey depicted in SS 109 directly contradicts what Marz wrote in Cosmic Powers #6.

Regardless of the contradictions, these are the facts: Galactus withstood blasts from FP Tyrant which were exponentially more powerful than DP Tyrant. You're going to say DP Tyrant can kill Galactus with 1000 blasts when FULL POWER Tyrant failed to kill Galactus?

Stop putting words into my mouth. This is a tactic that a lot of people here on KMC resort to when they can't successfully articulate their own positions and twist the opposing side's view to inflate their own claims. The Godblast, for the last time, is irrelevant due to Galactus being weak, and having fought Ego. My mention of it was due to it being an Asgardian attack in nature. Nothing more. And show me the scan where Full Power Tyrant successfully killed Galactus...because DP Tyrant, at a fraction of FP Tyrant's power, sure as hell isn't doing it when FP Tyrant couldn't get the job done when the power he was outputting was enough to destroy multiple Galaxies...that's enough to fit trillions of Asgards, in case anyone would be wondering.

1. I was just saying how it is and I thought it was pretty clear he had no shields. He never mentioned them, and you never saw an shielding around him taking the blasts instead of his body. Just stating the facts as I see them, whether iyo it helps your case.

2. Your forgetting that I'm a Thanos fan, so your preaching to the choir in regards to him and their fight. I think my description of he was putting forth a good amount of effort was spot on. You went into great detail quoting narration and extrapolating what you wanted to out of the fight. So, let me ask you.. what words would you describe to use Odin's effort against Thanos? You not liking mine, which was pretty accurate, begs the question what are yours... I think we can all agree he wasn't going all out, nor was he not trying. So by all means.. you tell me the words. Regardless, their fight seemed to me anyways to be a pissing contest. Thanos wasn't going their looking for a fight but hoping Odin could help with Thor. It turned into a confrontation which of course Thanos is all for. Which then turned into lets go blast for blasts and test eachother.

3. You can call it cherry picking, but I was merely trying to prove a point. A few question then for you to answer since you claim I'm putting words in your mouth.
A. Do you feel that Odin can unleash a full potential blast <, = or > than Thor
B. Do you feel that Odin's blast in general are <, = or > than Thor
C. If Galactus was well-fed do you believe a Godblast or multiple ones would be ineffective on Galactus

Once I see these answers then I will have a better idea where your coming from. You see I believe Odin to be more powerful in everyway than the Thor that hurt Galactus. Whether Galactus was weak or well-fed doesn't change the fact that he felt the blast and ran. Galactus has shown to be very weak and deal with people like the In-Betweener & Ego to name only two for now. Yet, they never made him run in the same manner as Thor's ONE shot did. Unless of course your claiming that Thor is above either of those two? So, it's very probable using the criteria I just outlined that Galactus would indeed feel a Godblast from Thor if he was Well-Fed or weak. To build on that, let me also point one thing out you commented on.. You said "do I think Odin could unleash 1000 blasts like the ones he was against Seth" Well, you do realize there was NO time limit on them firing 1000 blasts right? You do realize that Odin could rest in between each blast as much as necessary to fire such potent blasts. However, I doubt that is what to TS had in mind but I'm just pointing out that fact well within the rules. Now, I don't believe he could fire such continuous blasts over and over again. What I do believe is that he could fire many potent blasts that Galactus would feel and would start to wear on him.

To build on that point... One key point your not factoring in, is that Galactus can't feed and will be constantly pelted with blasts after blasts, and in turn will get weaker and weaker. So, while some of the initial even 100 blasts Galactus could take and be cool. Those and more blasts where that came from would certainly weaken him. Just as in a fight.. you lose energy by expending energy (fighting back) as well as taking damage. Galactus is only taking damage here and it will add up. Unless of course you can point me to any situation where Galactus has taken I'm gonna kick your ass blasts from anyone on Odin or Dp Tyrant level and it never weakened him or hurt him.... You won't be able to find any such thing. However, what we have seen is that Galactus does get weak and does need to feed from various encounters throughout his history. It's therefore very probable he will again get weak and will at least get KO'd. So, what I'm going with is this... Odin is > than Thor in every way... He can produce more potent blasts overall than Thor.. Thor's Godblast has been shown to make a weak Galactus run, blow a hole in a celestial, stop Juggs in his tracks (essentially overriding his magic). Its well documented how powerful it is and I find it hard to believe your arguing just because Galactus is weak is the only reason he felt it. Even if you believe this to be true.. Odin's blasts are more powerful and therefore you have no idea what that would really do and neither do I. However, going by all that I layed out..I feel its likely he would more than feel them.

4. I didn't mention that because Galactus backed down when push came to shove. Tyrant was set on taking Morg and was willing to fight to do so. Galactus had every opportunity to take back his herald and he didn't want to because of the damage it would cause, and he himself wasn't ready. Fact. So, when I said he backed down, that is how it went down.

continued...

KuRuPT Thanosi
5. Yes FP Tyrant couldn't kill Galactus when they fought. That is obvious. However, don't act like you know the details of the fight or the condition of Galactus during or after the fight. For all we know Galactus could've been on the verge of death after the fight. He could've been flash KO'd during the fight as could have Tyrant. We just don't know. However, your logic is faulty in saying well FP Tyrant couldn't put Galactus down so why could DP Tyrant. The huge difference in your extrapolation is Galactus was fighting back and I'm sure doing damage to Tyrant. When your in a fight you don't get stronger as it goes on you get weaker. So, lets not act like Tyrant was at full strength the entire fight and Galactus was just letting him hit him. They were in a battle and it stands to reason and probability is on my side.. they were both taking damage and not fresh for the duration of this fight. That is in direct contrasts to the stipulations of this fight.. There is no time limit.. they aren't taking to damage to weaken them. They are blasting however strong they choose, when the choose to do so. A far far cry from the FP Tyrant vs. Galactus fight or the DP Tyrant vs. Galactus fight.

6. You may not like the contradictions but they are canon as you admit. So, a few questions...
A. It is clear SS considered Tyrant a big enough threat that he thought he could kill his Master or they would both kill each other? Do you agree that was made clear?
B. Wasn't it also made clear that Galactus viewed Tyrant a legit threat because he backed down from a initial confrontation, decide to fed in ways that he didn't feel this good in ages before going to battle. This is a far cry from how his fights usually take place. Most of his fights are random encounters where he's usually weak. Please name me since your more versed in Galactus than me.. Name me all the times he's specifically fed to face a foe. Those times are few and far betweeen which illustrates he considered him a threat enough to put him in danger correct?
C. Was it ever stayed or implied that Galactus and SS knew that Tyrant would just get stronger with blasts and thus that is why they were worried? I know it wasn't as do you but I just want to make that point clear.

So, what we are left with imo is its clear two key people in this fight viewed Tyrant as a big threat. One who created him, depowered him and fought him before. Another with CA and I'm sure privy to the info on Tyrant and their original encounter. They both viewed him as a threat yet you believe Galactus could just sit their and take a 1000 blasts from him? That completely contradicts Galactus own words on how he felt about fighting Tyrant. He worried about fighting him when he's not chained up unable to do anything and can fight tyrant back. Yet by your theory, it wouldn't concern him, KO or Kill him being chained up taking 1000 free shots from Tyrant ... lol That is not being logical and not playing the percentages. If one is concerned about a fair battle where he can fight back and believes he needs to feed to win. His herald believes they could both kill each other. Yet your taking the leap that he could take 1000 unanswered blasts from Tyrant. All the while he would be getting weaker and weaker with each blast. That seems logically to you. Well it completly contradicts Galactus own thoughts about Tyrant and his threat level.

Tenebrous
2. Your forgetting that I'm a Thanos fan, so your preaching to the choir in regards to him and their fight. I think my description of he was putting forth a good amount of effort was spot on. You went into great detail quoting narration and extrapolating what you wanted to out of the fight. So, let me ask you.. what words would you describe to use Odin's effort against Thanos? You not liking mine, which was pretty accurate, begs the question what are yours... I think we can all agree he wasn't going all out, nor was he not trying. So by all means.. you tell me the words. Regardless, their fight seemed to me anyways to be a pissing contest. Thanos wasn't going their looking for a fight but hoping Odin could help with Thor. It turned into a confrontation which of course Thanos is all for. Which then turned into lets go blast for blasts and test eachother.

Odin immediately saw his warriors fall to the infinity watch and Thanos. He then personally entered the fray, which the asgardians themselves commented he hadn't done so in any recollection. This already factually establishes that Odin has deemed the situation so dire that it mandates his intervention. He KO'd surfer in one furious blast. He and Thanos then proceeded to fight. Gamora or Warlock (cant remember) made a comment on how the "limits" of Thanos' might have never been tested, and it's clear that Thanos knew he would be in for a great confrontation (or else why make all the IW watch back away, which included powerful individuals such as dr. strange and adam warlock, and call only the surfer to his side, making it 2 vs. 1 on the onset?) Clearly Thanos wanted to put Odin down as quickly and efficiently as possible. You dont win fights by entering a pissing contest. Thanos wanted to gain Odin's "undivided attention" and Thanos is an efficient character...he takes the most efficient means to his goals. And a "pissing contest" is going to be the most efficient way? Why call SS to his side anyway then if all he wanted was a pissing contest?

Why does Odin not even engage in dialogue to discover why the IW and Thanos had come?
Why does Odin KO Surfer in one blast?
Why does Odin pull out gungnir, which he rarely does?
Why does Odin not care that Asgard crumbles around him, when Lady Sif and Balder do?

The fight only stops when Sif implores Odin to restrain his "wrath." How does that translate in any way into a "pissing contest." Thanos knew he would need to fight. It was already depicted on panel when Warlock or whoever it was tried to negotiate with Odin, and Thanos told them to hold their tongue. Thanos was going in prepared to fight. The end result is that asgard is in ruins, thanos is visibly more shaken (clothes torn, skin smoldering, etc.) than he has been at any point previous.

The crux of the situation is that you keep invoking the Godblast scenario, which occurred 40 years ago. That does not represent current Galactus in the slightest. Case in point, between the 60s (when that story took place) and the 80s we have Thor driving away a weak Galactus with a godblast, while a relatively well-fed Galactus tanks a shot from pre-retcon beyonder some 20 odd years later in secret wars saga. Power levels change in some two decades.

Current Galactus...it's unknown how he would fair against a Godblast, because such a scenario hasn't been seen since the 60s. He certainly wouldn't be reduced to a scampering dog like he was after confronting Ego. That is why I have a great problem with your "it's very probable he would feel a god-blast whether well-fed or weak" because you're invoking a 40 year old encounter when Galactus has suffered worse than that subsequent to that encounter and has remained standing. Again...not current for Galactus and as forum rules state, contests involve current versions of characters unless stated. If the OP wants to state silver age Galactus that was written in FF and Thor, then by all means you can use the Godblast all day. But not here.

Which just proves my point again of cherry picking, only this time instead of cherry picking highest end feats, you cherry pick most favorable conditions. As much as Odin can rest in between each blast...you do realize that the OP never stated that each of the 1000 blasts would be the most powerful blast that they would be capable of using? In the context of the statement I took it to mean 1000 standard blasts vs. a non-weak Galactus. You've cherry picked it to mean 1000 most powerful blasts >> Galactus, weak or not. However I knew this was your position immediately as soon as you started touting godblast and seth, but I let you run with it and gave you that scenario to prove my point, because ultimately it does nothing to change my position on whether they would KO or kill him, and to reiterate, they do not.

Galactus has been knocked out only a handful of times in recent memory (because my memory can't go and recall instances from 40 years ago...that's my bad and I may or may not have mentioned it to you before but my HD had crashed and I've lost almost all my scans, which is why i haven't placed any in this thread to reinforce my position, so hence i need to resort to lengthy replies).

1. Aegis sucker punch blast
2. Being knocked out by the being known as "the Other" in SS vol. 3..though the series was canceled before the story really developed further
4. He was killed by the Magus who wielded the power of his 5 cosmic cubes to kill Galactus. Galactus reformed...so it was a kill, but i include it here because despite being a kill, galactus reformed, so for story-telling purposes, it was a KO (featwise still a kill though, i'm not denying that, just in terms of story the death and reformation of Galactus together was more like a KO)
5. being put into stasis by the IG...so technically a KO for story telling purposes
6. pr beyonder KO

aside from "the Other," I don't see how 1000 blasts from DP Tyrant or Odin can compare with the likes of PR beyonder, the infinity gauntlet, cosmic cubes or an abstract-level entity.

Tenebrous
I did factor it in and in fact it favors my position, and I was going to use it as a tactic but since you've already brought it up, now I will do so. You forget the nature of Galactus' power. His powers, capabilities, and durability all increase when he is well-fed. Commeasurately, they decrease when he is weak. The fourth agent, Galactus' hunger, is perpetually present and is a constant presence and/or factor in all of Galactus' feats, appearances, and stories, so for our purposes, we dont need to mention this because it is as automatic as Thor having mjolnir.

A non-weak, relatively fed Galactus (aka "average Galactus"wink will be chained up in this scenario. Ok. He is pelted with 1000 blasts. Alright. He is not, and cannot, retaliate. That's fine.

Out of three main aspects of Galactus' being that decreases his "strength" (meaning power level, etc., and correspondingly, make him weaker the more it's used, which necessitates feeding)

1. Generic offensive Powers (blasts, energy draining, etc.)
2. Capabilities (size alteration, TP/TK, teleportation, molecular transmutation etc. etc.)
3. Durability

In this situation, Galactus' "strength"/power levels are being sapped at only 1 point of out the 3 that ordinarily deplete his strength. And here is why the point of galactus not being able to fight back plays right into my hands. All his energy reserves are now 100% redirected from offensive energy blasts, telekenisis/teleportation/transmutation, entirely into his durability and shielding In other words, you forgot the nature of Galactus' power and what you initially thought was an advantage for you has turned into an even bigger advantage for me. A non-weak Galactus will dedicate 100% of his energy reserves/power/strength whatever you want to call it, to his durability. In none of the scenarios that I outlined earlier concerning him being knocked out, was he able to dedicate 100% of his energy reserves into his personal durability and natural shields, because he was always fighting, as you say.
Yet in some instances, he still withstood the blast, despite depleting energies using other aspects of his power. So at the very best scenario for you, the fact that you now have Galactus dedicate 100% of his powers to defense, indeed because he has no other use for those powers but defense, all of the instances of DP Tyrant/Odin even having a remote chance of KOing him are put into doubt, because they not only need to match the damage output of things that have KO'd him before, they also need to surpass that damage output in order to overcome his now 100% dedicated defense.

So you see I did take it into account, and was going to use it as a final tactic, but now you've forced my hand.

See my two previous responses above.

In fact, if you open SS #108 you will notice that DP Tyrant's opening blast that he gave Galactus, a blast that DP Tyrant delivered after delivering a whole speech about how "the son will kill the father, etc.", you will see that DP Tyrant's blast had absolutely no effect on Galactus. So you see it was quite easy to refute your claim.

And Tyrant was the first to readily admit that he was unwilling to enter into a fight, and that he was unprepared. This is Tyrant, whose nature Galactus even stated in that same encounter is to pillage, conquer, and subjugate, which contrasted with Galactus, who seeks only to preserve the continued stability of his universe. Renewed conflict with Tyrant would jeoparidze that continued stability.

This is just wild speculation that has no bearing on the contest whatsoever. What happened on panel happened on panel. What was mentioned on panel was mentioned on panel. The fact is Galactus was never killed, and was never KO'd on-panel. Those are the only things of interest when we're discussing DP Tryant having the capability to put down Galactus. So let's leave the speculation out of it.

Tenebrous
See my response above regarding durability.

My logic is not faulty by any means, esp considering that the collateral damage of their fight alone was causing galaxies to be destroyed. So we can say, technically, that for every 1 galaxy, Tyrant's blast effects destroyed 49%, while Galactus' blasts destroyed 51% (here i use this speculation only because Galactus won the fight; therefore if they output collateral damage to destroy galaxies, and galactus won, then at some point galactus must have been outputting more power). Galactus was still standing at the end of that destruction. Tyrant wasn't. It doesn't matter if they were fighting or not...the destruction unleashed was completely on another scale. This is like you arguing that even if Godzilla and King Kong unleash enough destruction to level Tokyo, the fact that King Kong and Godzilla were in a fight and that each side taking damage means they weren't fresh. Probability has absolutely nothing to do with it at all as the contest still destroyed a city of 30 million people. Now you are going to take the same Godzilla from that contest, chain him up to a wall, and let a gorilla take 1000 punches on Godzilla. Suddenly the Godzilla that survived, and won, a fight that leveled an entire city, with punches powerful enough to knock over skyscrapers given by both sides, is going to get knocked out by a gorilla just because the gorilla has 1000 retliation-free punches, when those 1000 punches all together couldn't even knock over Tokyo Tower. My logic isn't flawed, it's yours.

Again that's writer's purview. Mark Lackey (a stand-in writer whose knowledge of the material he is assigned to write is clearly flawed. This is the same writer who gave Morg a brooklyn accent, the same writer who made the mistake of calling Taa II planet-sized, when Jack Kirby himself already established that it was the size of a solar system when he introduced Galactus in FF 48. A minor detail, sure, but a significant one that the writer botched. Which shows his ignorance of the source material. However that is not the crux of my argument or response) for Ron Marz (regular writer for SS and creator of Tyrant). FP Tyrant>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DP Tyrant. Fact. It doesn't matter if Galactus states he was praying to the Living Tribunal before he met DP Tyrant. On panel, Tyrant's blasts weren't doing a single thing to Galactus. Suddenly Mark lackey wants to introduce that Galactus' blasts empower Tyrant's, fine. Galactus isn't blasting Tyrant in this situation so that point is moot and irrelevant. The only method by which DP Tyrant defeated Galactus (using G's own machines) isn't available to him here so that is also moot and irrelevant. The only thing DP Tyrant has is his blasts. The blast did nothing to Galactus.

1. DP Tyrant must equal, and indeed surpass, the damage distribution of FP Tyrant, since Galactus enjoys 100% energy reserves dedicated to durability, something he didn't have against FP Tyrant.

2. DP Tyrant's blasts had no effect on Galactus.

3. The manner in which DP Tyrant won the battle isn't available to him.

4. DP Tryant DOES NOT receive any mark lackey "power-ups" in the form of Galactus blasting Tyrant.

4/4 are in my favor. 0/4 are in your favor. If you want to talk probability, you have 0%.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin back in the day was wiping out Galaxies as if it was going out of fashion.

Back in the day it was a feat for Galactus, that Galactus was even compared to Odin.

Classic Odin or Odin at his higher levels kills him without a doubt in my mind. Current Odin? Nah.

Thor can severely damage him and put him down and out. Killing him depends on how feed he is, but in their original fight interpretation, Thor was about to kill him if he had not run away, and Galactus was at least feed decently.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin back in the day was wiping out Galaxies as if it was going out of fashion.

Back in the day it was a feat for Galactus, that Galactus was even compared to Odin.

Classic Odin or Odin at his higher levels kills him without a doubt in my mind. Current Odin? Nah.

Thor can severely damage him and put him down and out. Killing him depends on how feed he is, but in their original fight interpretation, Thor was about to kill him if he had not run away, and Galactus was at least feed decently.

Odin back in the day has been stripped of his power and prestige in marvel editorial's conscious effort to make cosmic entities/abstract beings the premier forces/powers in the cosmic arena, which was formerly odin's domain.

Current Galactus>>>>>>>>>>Silver age Galactus, against whom these comparisons with Thor and Odin are made. Unless OP states otherwise, this is current Galactus. Galactus felt the godblast after he battled ego...i wouldn't exactly call that decently fed.

Thor hasnt confronted anyone on G's level recently and indeed, has never faced a well-fed Galactus. In fact, in Godhunter, Thor refused to help BRB confront Galactus. This is Thor with the Odinpower, and even though he didn't have full command of the Odinpower and was weak, Thor proceeded to say "even if i were in the fullness of my might, i would not" i.e., even if thor were in the fullness of his might, he would not help BRB confront Galactus. Thor commented that it was neither right nor wise to confront Galactus and clearly Thor was quite alright in backing down and letting whatever fate awaited BRB to occur, and for BRB to face that fate alone and by himself, without Odinpower Thor's aid. Quite telling where the asgardian pantheon and the cosmic entities are on the totem pole, at least in the views of marvel editorial.

And how do you get the idea that Thor can "severely damage him and put him down and out?" Please don't say you concluded that by using their encounter from a comic book that appeared in 1969.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin back in the day has been stripped of his power and prestige in marvel editorial's conscious effort to make cosmic entities/abstract beings the premier forces/powers in the cosmic arena, which was formerly odin's domain.

Current Galactus>>>>>>>>>>Silver age Galactus, against whom these comparisons with Thor and Odin are made. Unless OP states otherwise, this is current Galactus. Galactus felt the godblast after he battled ego...i wouldn't exactly call that decently fed.

Thor hasnt confronted anyone on G's level recently and indeed, has never faced a well-fed Galactus. In fact, in Godhunter, Thor refused to help BRB confront Galactus. This is Thor with the Odinpower, and even though he didn't have full command of the Odinpower and was weak, Thor proceeded to say "even if i were in the fullness of my might, i would not" i.e., even if thor were in the fullness of his might, he would not help BRB confront Galactus. Thor commented that it was neither right nor wise to confront Galactus and clearly Thor was quite alright in backing down and letting whatever fate awaited BRB to occur, and for BRB to face that fate alone and by himself, without Odinpower Thor's aid. Quite telling where the asgardian pantheon and the cosmic entities are on the totem pole, at least in the views of marvel editorial.

Hence why I said Classic Odin and not Current Odin. What did you not understand?

Based on? That Galactus was stated to be a danger to the Universe, and was ravaging systems and maybe even Galaxies as I recall (Not sure about the Galaxies part.). Just because his more goofy looking does not mean his weaker.

He completely shrugged off everything Ego threw at him and was not showing any signs of weakening. Ego threw a blast that shattered countless planets in various directions, a blast capable of busting systems easily and Galactus was completely fine. Heck, he was bragging about his superiority (More evidence to how powerful Galactus was back in the day.). It was then when Thor attacked him when he said he had not felt such pain in eons and when he showed any sign of pain at all etc. And before the fight they focused on how Galactus was ravaging countless planets, so he had to be at least well feed if not extremely well feed before his fight with Ego.

Yes he did. Galactus had to be well feed based on the original interpretation. It was a later comic that attempted to retcon that he was hungry and/or weakened, which did not make any sense whatsoever, and would not to anyone who read that arc. Oh and Beta Ray Bill damaged Galactus and even cracked his armor in Stormbreaker as I recall.

Eh? It was pretty clear that he choose not to face not out of some fear, but because it wasn't right etc. as I recall. And when Thor refers to the fullness of his might he doesn't mean, the Full Odin Force from what I understand but to him being back at Classic levels and having his portion of the Odin Force recharged, as it was made quite clear Thor was weakened at the time even more so than him only having a portion of the Odin Force

Of course, current Skyfathers are below Cosmic Entities. Never argued otherwise.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hence why I said Classic Odin and not Current Odin. What did you not understand?

Clearly you place import on it. Otherwise why mention it at all when it's clearly irrelevant to the thread in question, since the OP never mentioned "Silver Age Odin." Reality: there's no silver age Odin here...why are you bringing him up. Being whimsical about the "good old days" and making snide remarks of my not understanding when I bring you back to the thread in question underscores my point.

Galactus in the past 20 years has had more impressive feats and showings than silver age Galactus ever had. Much of the mystique of silver age Galactus was generated by statements and narrative text (which is exactly what you're offering). His contemporaries were Odin and Thor. Hardly impressive by today's standards of Eternities and Tyrants and Beyonders and Deaths and such. Silver age Galactus existed before much of Marvel's full cosmic hierarchy was established, much less created. His importance has especially increased vis a vis Kirby's silver age Galactus, starting with steve englehart, johny byrne, ron marz, louise simonson, and even the real Thanos himself, Jim Starlin. With greater importance comes more frequent showings. With more frequent showings comes more impressive feats (and more frequent low showings, conveniently explained away by the writers for story purposes as the hunger of Galactus) and if you were to create a thread about silver age Galactus vs. post-silver age Galactus, the resultant debate would be short and decisive: post-silver age Galactus wins in complete dominance.

Let's not get to exaggeration so hastily. First of all it was planetoids, and not "countless planets" that Ego shattered with his attacks, and second of all, no where did it say that solar systems were being consumed in the ensuing attacks. I don't know where you're getting that from (i'm talking about thor 160/161). Third of all, what Galactus states is "never before have i faced power incalculable such as ego!" Which, actually, is more evidence as to how Galactus' power levels have increased since the silver age because never again after Ego and the Sphinx did Galactus have a serious engagement with anyone below abstract or semi-abstract level, or high level mystics (meph, agammotto in their realms). Tyrant, T&A, Meph in his realm, In-Betweener, Hyperstorm, etc. are all >>>>>>>>>Ego.

And, since I can tell you didn't read my addressing of this matter, you will also recall that Galactus dismissed it as of no import. This after an attack by BRB used against Galactus that was stronger than a similar one BRB used to obliterate a planet in his fight with stardust in the next issue. Indeed BRB was exhausted from executing the move and this lead to his downfall as Galactus just gave him a massive thunderclap which KO'd BRB into the next issue.

Which basically means "even if I had my full strength available to help you, I still would not help you." Great. Thor doesn't think it's right, that's true. That is by no means his only opinion on the matter.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9120/brbgh1.th.jpg
"You. Your vessel. Alone. Can you triumph?" Thor, ever the warrior, asks "Are you confident of defeating Galactus alone with yourself and just your ship?" He doesn't ask whether BRB thinks it's right, he doesn't ask BRB if he thinks it's wise....he's asking BRB if he thinks he can win. That's Thor measuring the extent of BRB's resolve and determination in fighting Galactus and winning. Why would Thor make that statement if he's not putting himself in BRB's shoes to judge whether he can win or not. Why wouldn't he just say "no BRB, this whole course of action isn't right." Clearly, Thor is in doubt of BRB's chances here. He's thinking about a fight, and BRB's chances of lasting in that fight (more on this on the next page). That is Thor's mentality.

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/450/brbgh.th.jpg

"I ask you one final time, will you stand with me?" Thor looks down at his feet ashamed and comes up with excuses. Can't even look BRB in the eye as he lists them.
"But were I in the fullness of my might, I WOULD NOT. This is neither right nor wise"="Even if I had my full powers (and explain it away however you want to interpret that...bottom line is he wouldn't, even if he were 100%) I would not stand with you, BRB. This is neither the right course of action, nor is it the WISE course of action" why wouldn't it be wise? What possible outcome of BRB's quest would prove unwise? I.E., why is Thor indirectly telling BRB that it's a stupid idea to challenge Galactus with himself and his ship?

"I ask you, for my sake, for the memory of your people, for the lives of all those you'd save if you stay instead of chasing shadows--do not do this!"="I implore you, for the sake of your people, whom Galactus erased from existence, of whom you are the sole remaining survivor in the entire universe, for the sake of all the people you would save if you remain alive instead of seeking probable death, and consequently condemn those people to their own deaths if you are not around to save them, do not do this!"

BRB gets exasperated with Thor and just flies off while giving his reply ("and for all their sakes, I must"wink. Thor doesn't chase after him, even after giving that impassioned plea.

I'm glad we are in agreement. Galactus>>>>Odin>>>>>Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.