Alan Rickman is a horrible Snape.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allofyousuckkk
I welcome the hate mail. Alan Rickman is nothing like the Snape from the books.

As for Michael Gambon, he is a horrible Dumbledore. The character is supposed to be peaceful, understanding, wise. His version is rough, dramatic and overplayed

steverules_2
Why don't you go up to the actors and go 'all of you suckkk' awesome

Phantom Miria
Wow

maham
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk

As for Michael Gambon, he is a horrible Dumbledore. The character is supposed to be peaceful, understanding, wise. His version is rough, dramatic and overplayed
I think both of them are good enough.As the books go,you don't actually get to see the character fully.You have to make them in your mind.Maybe you imagined another kind of Snape and dumby.For me,both actors were good.

Etna
Originally posted by maham
I think both of them are good enough.As the books go,you don't actually get to see the character fully.You have to make them in your mind.Maybe you imagined another kind of Snape and dumby.For me,both actors were good.

Thats usually why a lot of people tend to hate movies based on books if they read the book before hand.

stick out tongue because their silly little minds can't comprehend that.

But i think Alan Rickman and both dumbledores were pretty good.

f6s6A1tsavo

siriuswriter
oh, good. you're acccepting hate-mail.

'cuz i've got a bag from everyone who's seen the movies. rickman is ridiculously spot on as snape. richard harris was good, and of course michael gambon WAS dumbledore PoA. some people just can't get over the fact that he was badly directed in gof and turned out behaving more like a serial killer than the real serial killer.

lord xyz
Gambon and Rickman are awesome!

You're crazy!

Splitty
pppPPPFFFFFFTTTTTtttttt!

The difference for me is, in the book Snape was greasy, creepy, and unlikable. In the movie......

OMG I love Jumpydroolio in_love naughty Alan Rickman's Snape. For me he's dashing, tragic, and mysterious. Oh, and very funny. I blame Alan Rickman though, because I also had a crush on his Hans character in Die Hard, and pretty much everything else I've seen him in.

In fact, I love his Snapes so much, that at the last forum I customized my signatures on almost a monthy basis with him. Unfortunately, I can't post links yet, so I can't show you the masterpieces, but I'll pop in here with it later.

And there you have it. love

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Etna
Thats usually why a lot of people tend to hate movies based on books if they read the book before hand.

stick out tongue because their silly little minds can't comprehend that.

But i think Alan Rickman and both dumbledores were pretty good.

f6s6A1tsavo

oh my dear lord.

WHERE IS THIS CLIP FROM?!?!

lord xyz
Family Guy

Dr Will Hatch
To me, Dumbledore always came off as a manipulative old man who was never completely honest with Harry.

allofyousuckkk
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
To me, Dumbledore always came off as a manipulative old man who was never completely honest with Harry.

i wish i could "like" this

in some sense, i agree completely. I never saw him as manipulative per se, but i completely get your point.

And no, I'm sorry, but Alan Rickman is nothing like the character of Snape. Although Snape is "bad," he is still an energetic, passionate character. In the movie he is boring and monotonous. In the book he's well known for all the looks he makes and his sneers, whereas in the movie it's just a blank look, always.

Quincy
If you ever expect a movie to have as much depth as a book you are retarded.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by siriuswriter
oh my dear lord.

WHERE IS THIS CLIP FROM?!?!

I've never read the books, so I can't really say.

But I have to say that sirius, your sig and your avvy is way awesome beyond words. that's all. xD

maham
i wish i could "like" this

in some sense, i agree completely. I never saw him as manipulative per se, but i completely get your point.

And no, I'm sorry, but Alan Rickman is nothing like the character of Snape. Although Snape is "bad," he is still an energetic, passionate character. In the movie he is boring and monotonous. In the book he's well known for all the looks he makes and his sneers, whereas in the movie it's just a blank look, always.
Like I said,it depends on how YOU pictured him.I do agree with the blank look thingy though.He didn't always remain blank,but I don't think he was passionate about anything except stripping Harry off any little piece of self-respect he had left.laughing out loud

allofyousuckkk
Originally posted by Quincy
If you ever expect a movie to have as much depth as a book you are retarded.

Obviously I don't expect the movies to have the same depth as the books. However, I expect the actor portraying the character to have some sort of depth and to actually ACT LIKE THE CHARACTER.

And honestly, if you can't intelligently add to a discussion, please don't comment on my topics.

Quincy
Oh be quiet. How exactly does Snape act in the books? Hmmm? From his appearances, he's just menacing and quiet. What does Alan Rickman do that's so out of character for him? What makes him so unbelievable as Snape that it ruins it for you?

As for singling me out for disagreeing with you, just pathetic.

allofyousuckkk
I singled you out because, unlike the other posters, YOUR post was rude and unnecessary.

Firstly, in the movies Snape never seems to speak at a normal speed, but prefers to drone on and on in a slow monotone voice.

As for his appearance being "menacing and quiet," I'm sorry but this is just untrue. He isn't quiet in the least bit.

HP&POA: pg. 419: "HE DIDN'T DISAPPARATE!" Snape roared, now very close at hand.... "HAS-SOMETHING-TO-DO-WITH POTTER"
Snape then preceeds to burst through the hospitol wing door and his behavior is described with words and phrases such as "beside himself," "his face was twisted;spit was flying from his mouth" and "shrieking."
Madam Pomfrey and the minister both try and calm him down.

To save myself the typing, I'll just give page numbers and the words describing Snape's attitude and behavior.
HBP pg. 603: "his face was demented, unhuman"

OoTP pg. 649: "It was scary: Snape's lips were shaking, his face was white, his teeth were bared."

I can admit that he acts the part of bored, mean teacher well enough... but that's not his deeper character in the least bit, and he doesn't portray any significant depth in the movies. Alan Rickman is a bad Snape.

BlackZero30x

that's funny because from what I hear J.K based Snape off of Alan Rickman......

ADarksideJedi
I think he actes like a good Snape but does not look like him at all.

allofyousuckkk
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
that's funny because from what I hear J.K based Snape off of Alan Rickman......

i'd like to see proof of this..

but either way, it doesnt matter. my main point as that he doesn't play the part the way it's written...

when she was writing crazy, emotional scenes with snape, picturing rickman.. i doubt she imagined him droning on and on

BlackZero30x
well that's what i hear...not something i know for sure.

~Bun Bun~
I think he's great as snape. His true test will be Deathly Hallows.

ADarksideJedi
I did get use to him and that is true in the last book you will see his true colors.

Pyron_Knight
i'd like to see proof of this..

but either way, it doesnt matter. my main point as that he doesn't play the part the way it's written...

when she was writing crazy, emotional scenes with snape, picturing rickman.. i doubt she imagined him droning on and on

That's called bad directing, not acting. Alan Rickman can play a very emotional person just fine.

It's the fact the HP movies are abominations in every sense of the word. If the director told Rickman to act like how Snape acts like in teh book, he would.

But guess what? He plays the part is paid to play. He reads the lines he is paid to read.

That's it.

So blame the horrible movie, not one of the few good things about it.

ADarksideJedi
I argee^

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.