Could these guys hurt Superman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master Court
Just a few little questions here about who could hurt Superman if they try hard enough. In all of these, Superman does not fight back or evade, but he can brace himself as much as he wants.

If Iron Man charged as much energy as possible, could he floor Superman with a beam shot?

If Jen Walters worked out enough, could She-Hulk hurt Superman?

If it were Captain America's best day ever, and he ran at max speed and threw with max power, could he hurt Superman with a shield toss?

If Colossus took a running start and threw Wolverine as hard as possible, could their efforts allow Wolverine to impale Superman to any degree?

If Absorbing Man managed to get hold of Superman, would he survive feeding off Superman long enough to hurt Superman?

galactusischere
Originally posted by Master Court
Just a few little questions here about who could hurt Superman if they try hard enough. In all of these, Superman does not fight back or evade, but he can brace himself as much as he wants.

If Iron Man charged as much energy as possible, could he floor Superman with a beam shot?

If it were Captain America's best day ever, and he ran at max speed and threw with max power, could he hurt Superman with a shield toss?

If Colossus took a running start and threw Wolverine as hard as possible, could their efforts allow Wolverine to impale Superman to any degree?

If Absorbing Man managed to get hold of Superman, would he survive feeding off Superman long enough to hurt Superman?
Colossus and Wolvie can do it. Maybe She-Hulk as well depending on how much she workds out.

chomperx9
Originally posted by galactusischere
Colossus and Wolvie can do it. Maybe She-Hulk as well depending on how much she workds out. i agree those would be the only ones that would have a shot at hurting supes

-Pr-

yes. he still has all the mass of a man his size. if he braced himself, though? no.

define hurt.

no.

maybe a little, but not to any serious degree.

doubt it. parasite has tried it, and failed.

Wild Shadow
if supes doesnt brace himself he can be knocked on his butt..frusty

Sin I AM
I like the She Hulk scenario

Mindship
who could hurt Superman if they try hard enough. In all of these, Superman does not fight back or evade, but he can brace himself.

1. If Iron Man charged as much energy as possible, could he floor Superman with a beam shot?

2. If Jen Walters worked out enough, could She-Hulk hurt Superman?

3. If it were Captain America's best day ever, and he ran at max speed and threw with max power, could he hurt Superman with a shield toss?

4. If Colossus took a running start and threw Wolverine as hard as possible, could their efforts allow Wolverine to impale Superman to any degree?

5. If Absorbing Man managed to get hold of Superman, would he survive feeding off Superman long enough to hurt Superman?

1. I don't see that happening. Remember: Supes is ready for this.

2. Same. She'd probably be reminded of when she hit Surfer.

3. Same, but at least the shield would remain undamaged, too.

4. Maybe a superficial piercing. Again: Supes is braced.

5. He's the only one who might, might, give Superman pause, as this is the only scenario where, instead of Superman being hit with something, something's being taken (how does one physically "brace" against absorption?). Is AM on pare with Parasite?

Master Court
"Hurt" can be any form of damage that makes Superman budge. Imagine Superman is doing his "nothing can move me" bit from the Hulk/Superman fight where he just stands there.

Master Court
Originally posted by Mindship
Is AM on pare with Parasite?

I'm not sure. If I remember right, War Hulk overcharged AM. So...

Kris Blaze
Absorbing Man ranges from joke to far above Parasite.

I say he could absorb enough from Superman to kill him at his best, but with lower feats in mind, the best he could hope for is to knock him out.

Galan007
#5 is the only scenario in which superman has even the slightest chance of being harmed, imo. granted superman has some very high showings against the energy absorbing type - but he also has lower showings against them as well

toss a coin with that one.

Doctor-Alvis
Does Absorbing Man actually absorb stuff? I thought he copied it.

Konton
1. no
2. yes
3. no
4. no
5. maybe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.