Thanos and Team vs Takion and Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zeuodin
Thanos
Tyrant
Marvel Omega
Morg WOL
Gamora

vs.

Takion
PC Validus
DC Omega
H/P Doomsday
Mr. Miracle

Galan007
this is spite.

team 2 utterly shitstomps team 1.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Galan007
this is spite.

team 2 utterly shitstomps team 1. How so? PC Validus And Tyrant both Seemed Above Skyfather. far above it. And Omega And Omega both seem Abstract lvl. Takion and Thanos, I don't know. Thanos seems more powerful by a lil bit. Maybe not. And Gamora and Mr. Miracle seemed like a good match.

Galan007
Originally posted by Zeuodin
How so? PC Validus And Tyrant both Seemed Above Skyfather. far above it. And Omega And Omega both seem Abstract lvl. Takion and Thanos, I don't know. Thanos seems more powerful by a lil bit. Maybe not. And Gamora and Mr. Miracle seemed like a good match. validus slapped around pre-crisis superboy, pre-zero hour mon-el... the whole damn pre-zero hour LoSH, as though they were weak feebs. superboy even made a comment that val was "a dozen" times more powerful than he. hell, even a weakened validus was able to go toe to toe with a portion of a sun eater and eventually force it to retreat because he was gaining the upper hand.

omega was the personification of universal hate - and because it was created via the miracle machine, the ONLY way to even harm it was by destroying the miracle machine entirely.

when we start talking about characters who were uber back in the pre-crisis/zero hour days, then it's very difficult to find more recent characters to compare them with.

Zeuodin
validus slapped around pre-crisis superboy, pre-zero hour mon-el... the whole damn pre-zero hour LoSH, as though they were weak feebs. superboy even made a comment that val was "a dozen" times more powerful than he. hell, even a weakened validus was able to go toe to toe with a portion of a sun eater and eventually force it to retreat because he was gaining the upper hand.

omega was the personification of universal hate - and because it was created via the miracle machine, the ONLY way to even harm it was by destroying the miracle machine entirely.

when we start talking about characters who were uber back in the pre-crisis/zero hour days, then it's very difficult to find more recent characters to compare them with.
Omega from Thanos was Twice as powerful as galactus. the Regular Galactus could give DC Omega A hell of a fight. And Tyrant was able to fight current Galactus. Galactus could also fight the entire PC legion. I thought the fight was pretty close.

Galan007
i don't recall any feats from the omega clone which lead me to believe it was 2x as powerful as galactus.

galactusischere
i don't recall any feats from the omega clone which lead me to believe it was 2x as powerful as galactus.
He wasn't.
All of the "2 times as powerful as the original" was bull, he didn't have reflexes, and was completely retarded.

Nihilist
this is spite.

team 2 utterly shitstomps team 1. thumb up another spite thread.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Nihilist
thumb up another spite thread.
I'm going to report you. Please name what was spite? he still didn't convince me that either team was overwhelmingly more powerful than the other.

Prep-Man
Team 2.

shokosugi
Team 2

iceman24567
laughing

KuRuPT Thanosi
Are we forgettting this is FP Tyrant? He is above anybody in this thread and multiple people at the same time.

np3228
Thanos wins thru scheme, period

Galan007
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Are we forgettting this is FP Tyrant? He is above anybody in this thread not DC omega.

Badabing
Originally posted by np3228
Thanos wins thru scheme, period There's no prep, so scheming is moot.

Debating Format

Rules/Standard Fight Settings
In most cases, the poster who originally set up the versus fight determines the conditions of the fight itself (ex. If a character like Superman is in a thread, it'll be assumed that it's the current version unless mentioned otherwise by the thread starter, the same goes with Thanos without the IG, and so on). However, in the cases where the original poster did not set down any constraints or conditions for the fight, then the match would default to the standard rules below.

Prep time
Neither side receives any notable prep time before the starting bell unless the thread starter specifies it. Neither side may take any offensive or defensive actions before the starting bell. Planning is allowed and powers that are automatic or 'always on' can be up, but actions such as setting up forcefields, taking flight, or consciously activating powers is not. For example, Batman cannot shove together an 'anti-Avengers ray' before the fight.

Prep Addendum
Prep time of 10 minutes = 10 minutes relative to the character. So time manipulations wouldn't count for more time. Say Strange went back in time 2 years before the battle is scheduled to start. His 10 minutes would still be running, so he can't just arbitrarily give himself infinite prep time.

In other words, make prep relative to the character, not to their manipulations of time.

Standard Equipment
Each side starts out with the equipment that they normally and have been shown to consistently carry on them. For example, Daredevil would have his billy-club, but Reed Richards would not have the Ultimate Nullifier.
In a scenario fight, the contestants in whose city/reality the fight takes place are allowed access to any material resources they usually have there or of any team they're active members of, as long as they can reasonably get to them. For example, in a scenario set in the DCU, Green Lantern would have access to equipment in the JLA Watchtower, but not the Titans headquarters.

Basic Knowledge
Each side receives basic knowledge of the other. A good measure of this would be what the general population of the character's homeworld knows. For example, that Superman has a weakness to Kryptonite is general knowledge, but that he's Clark Kent is not.

Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

No outside help
Unless specified otherwise, no contestant may call for outside assistance, even in scenario matches. For example, Captain America cannot call in the Avengers during a fight with Batman.

Leaving the field
Combatants who leave the field of combat on purpose forfeit the match. If they are removed from the arena against their will (being punched, thrown, teleported, etc.) and can make it back under their own power in a reasonable amount of time, then they are still in the fight. Obviously, if a combatant leaves the field and cannot return under their own power, then they have lost.

No Bias Claims
"Batman can beat Thor because he's cooler!" That's an example of how not to debate. We would like to see the rationale behind any claims that one character can beat the other rather than a claim based on popularity and subjective bias.
Also, we insist that all claims be backed up by evidence from canon sources. If you claim that Spiderman is stronger than Superman, then you have to prove it.

No Non-canon Sources
Non-canon sources are invalid for evidence. With rare exceptions, comics not in continuity such as Elseworlds, What Ifs, or alternate universes are not used for evidence in debates of a particular mainstream character.

A canon source is one that is regarded as being 'in continuity'. In the example of Star Trek; instances from the series and movies can be used, but books are definitely out. Comic book crossovers are usually unusable as they ignore common sense most of the time (DC vs. Marvel is certainly unusable in some cases in our debates!).

This includes JLA/Avengers. Canon or not, people just aren't going to agree on it in most cases. Besides, there should be plenty of other comics with which to make your point.

Comics released strictly online or on web sites will not be considered proof in the Comic Book Versus Forum

Vs Forum Rules

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Badabing
There's no prep, so scheming is moot.

Debating Format

Rules/Standard Fight Settings
In most cases, the poster who originally set up the versus fight determines the conditions of the fight itself (ex. If a character like Superman is in a thread, it'll be assumed that it's the current version unless mentioned otherwise by the thread starter, the same goes with Thanos without the IG, and so on). However, in the cases where the original poster did not set down any constraints or conditions for the fight, then the match would default to the standard rules below.

Prep time
Neither side receives any notable prep time before the starting bell unless the thread starter specifies it. Neither side may take any offensive or defensive actions before the starting bell. Planning is allowed and powers that are automatic or 'always on' can be up, but actions such as setting up forcefields, taking flight, or consciously activating powers is not. For example, Batman cannot shove together an 'anti-Avengers ray' before the fight.

Prep Addendum
Prep time of 10 minutes = 10 minutes relative to the character. So time manipulations wouldn't count for more time. Say Strange went back in time 2 years before the battle is scheduled to start. His 10 minutes would still be running, so he can't just arbitrarily give himself infinite prep time.

In other words, make prep relative to the character, not to their manipulations of time.

Standard Equipment
Each side starts out with the equipment that they normally and have been shown to consistently carry on them. For example, Daredevil would have his billy-club, but Reed Richards would not have the Ultimate Nullifier.
In a scenario fight, the contestants in whose city/reality the fight takes place are allowed access to any material resources they usually have there or of any team they're active members of, as long as they can reasonably get to them. For example, in a scenario set in the DCU, Green Lantern would have access to equipment in the JLA Watchtower, but not the Titans headquarters.

Basic Knowledge
Each side receives basic knowledge of the other. A good measure of this would be what the general population of the character's homeworld knows. For example, that Superman has a weakness to Kryptonite is general knowledge, but that he's Clark Kent is not.

Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

No outside help
Unless specified otherwise, no contestant may call for outside assistance, even in scenario matches. For example, Captain America cannot call in the Avengers during a fight with Batman.

Leaving the field
Combatants who leave the field of combat on purpose forfeit the match. If they are removed from the arena against their will (being punched, thrown, teleported, etc.) and can make it back under their own power in a reasonable amount of time, then they are still in the fight. Obviously, if a combatant leaves the field and cannot return under their own power, then they have lost.

No Bias Claims
"Batman can beat Thor because he's cooler!" That's an example of how not to debate. We would like to see the rationale behind any claims that one character can beat the other rather than a claim based on popularity and subjective bias.
Also, we insist that all claims be backed up by evidence from canon sources. If you claim that Spiderman is stronger than Superman, then you have to prove it.

No Non-canon Sources
Non-canon sources are invalid for evidence. With rare exceptions, comics not in continuity such as Elseworlds, What Ifs, or alternate universes are not used for evidence in debates of a particular mainstream character.

A canon source is one that is regarded as being 'in continuity'. In the example of Star Trek; instances from the series and movies can be used, but books are definitely out. Comic book crossovers are usually unusable as they ignore common sense most of the time (DC vs. Marvel is certainly unusable in some cases in our debates!).

This includes JLA/Avengers. Canon or not, people just aren't going to agree on it in most cases. Besides, there should be plenty of other comics with which to make your point.

Comics released strictly online or on web sites will not be considered proof in the Comic Book Versus Forum

Vs Forum Rules
I have a question. So regarding JLA Avengers, it's not canon because most people can't agree on it? I see lot's of comics like that. Thor pulling the serpent comes to mind. No one can agree if the serpent weighted as much as the earth, if it was magical and thus not really heavy, etc. So should that not be counted too?

KuRuPT Thanosi
not DC omega.

Interesting as I didn't view it that way from what I've read of him. Could you link me to his respect thread Galan so I could take a closer look.

Galan007
i do not believe he has one.

khazra
this.

Marvel omega was still fought by thanos. He wasnt nearly as powerful as hyperbole suggested.

KuRuPT Thanosi
i do not believe he has one.

hmmmm well that sucks. Then if and when you have time could you tell me how and is what ways he's above a FP Tyrant?

P.S. I guess you agreed with my last post in the Doc Man gauntlet LOL LOL.

Galan007
lol, i agree completely. thumb up

Badabing
Originally posted by Zeuodin
I have a question. So regarding JLA Avengers, it's not canon because most people can't agree on it? I see lot's of comics like that. Thor pulling the serpent comes to mind. No one can agree if the serpent weighted as much as the earth, if it was magical and thus not really heavy, etc. So should that not be counted too? Crossovers are not considered a good source regardless if they are supposedly in continuity. There were too many arguments and reports stemming from the JLA/Avengers crossover. Characters have enough appearances w/o having to resort to crossovers between 2 separate companies as proof.

There's a large difference between crossovers from 2 separate companies and crossovers from the same company. Politics about characters, status of characters, etc. plays a part regardless of any implied continuity. Could Superman beat Thor or could Thor beat Superman if all things are equal, sure. They are close imo. Will Superman lose to Thor in a Marvel/DC crossover, nope. Superman is far too popular.

The Serpent, the Meggadon Wheel...they all have their obscurity due to hyperbole and fanboy induced hysteria. Nothing can be done about that except to acknowledge that the feats occurred and try to form a rational opinion based on the art and dialogue.

np3228
Thanos wins, he beats the other team alone, and then defeats the members of his own team. Boom.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by np3228
Thanos wins, he beats the other team alone, and then defeats the members of his own team. Boom.

Your not going to be a hit on these forums. Although, if you Shoko, and H1a8 wanna make your own forums I'm sure it would be a big hit.

np3228
Don't hate me cuz u ain't me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.