Martian Manhunter vs Orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
Who wins?

Galan007
orion.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
orion. how does he handle mm's telepathy?

Galan007
motherbox.

Starscream M
motherbox. MM could destroy that...then Orion would be helpless against TP

Galan007
never seen anyone destroy a motherbox... not gonna assume j'onn would/could. ermm

Starscream M
never seen anyone destroy a motherbox... not gonna assume j'onn would/could. ermm has anyone tried to destroy a motherbox....don't see why it can't be destroyed

and it makes sense to destroy an opponents' equipment, no?

The Nuul
Crap forgot stips...

1. No Motherbox.
2. With Motherbox.

Galan007
Originally posted by Starscream M
has anyone tried to destroy a motherbox....don't see why it can't be destroyed maybe it can, maybe it can't. i'm just saying that i've never seen one destroyed on panel, so i can't be certain either way. regardless, j'onn would still have to get through orion to even have a shot at destroying his motherbox... good luck with that.

in fact, i seem to remember an instance where another character attempted to steal orion's motherbox, and was unable to even touch it the reason for the thief's inability is because each motherbox is 'wired' specifically for every new god - it only responds to that individual.

khazra
As with most MM fights, he has the powers & maybe takes it on paper but hes a huge underpeformer in actual comics.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Starscream M
how does he handle mm's telepathy?

Even the lowliest of New Gods are IMMUNE to Martian telepathy. Ostrander's Martian manhunter series for the info. so....

Orion wins.

BattleMage
Martian Man hunter 7/10

Omega Vision
maybe it can, maybe it can't. i'm just saying that i've never seen one destroyed on panel, so i can't be certain either way. regardless, j'onn would still have to get through orion to even have a shot at destroying his motherbox... good luck with that.

in fact, i seem to remember an instance where another character attempted to steal orion's motherbox, and was unable to even touch it the reason for the thief's inability is because each motherbox is 'wired' specifically for every new god - it only responds to that individual.
Darkseid once crushed a Mother Box in his hand but I'm not sure J'onn could do the same. Plus Orion's mothebox always seemed better than most of its peers.

Prep-Man
Orion can pretty much do anything MM can. Invisibility, Intangibility, super strength, speed, morphing, etc... Actually, Orion can do a lot more. So,

Orion 8/10.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Darkseid once crushed a Mother Box in his hand but I'm not sure J'onn could do the same. Plus Orion's mothebox always seemed better than most of its peers.

Orion's MB can actually repair itself. Since it gets some of it's energy from the Source.

Lord Feron
Tough call. Orion has the combat edge but I honestly think MM has better stats.

Spire
Orion.

-Pr-
orion.

motherbox.

orion.

motherbox.

Originally posted by Spire
Orion.

The Nuul
There is stips....

stips...

1. No Motherbox.
2. With Motherbox.

Lord Feron
NO MB MM takes it and easily.

w/ MB err not sure.

np3228
Is martian manhunter powerful? Uhm, i dnt like him but he's supposed 2 be strong i guess... he's a pussy imo

Spire
LOL.

-Pr-
Originally posted by np3228
Is martian manhunter powerful? Uhm, i dnt like him but he's supposed 2 be strong i guess... he's a pussy imo

huh

Philosophía
Orion.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Lord Feron
NO MB MM takes it and easily.

w/ MB err not sure.

Without a MB, Orion practically defeated Darkseid. Something Martian Manhunter hasn't been close in doing.

xJLxKing
WTF: A clear definition of idiocy roll eyes (sarcastic)

Orion imo

Kris Blaze
Orion turns J'onn J'onzz into S'alt S'alt.

np3228
Orion is haxxed, I doubt he could be simply smashed by telepathy alone...... ! Plus he's a "god" so maybe he has some kind of guard against telepathy...

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Without a MB, Orion practically defeated Darkseid. Something Martian Manhunter hasn't been close in doing.

He can throw a tantrum all he wants, it won't protect him from Mindrape. It is better that Orion uses the MB for protection.

Lord Feron
Orion is haxxed, I doubt he could be simply smashed by telepathy alone...... ! Plus he's a "god" so maybe he has some kind of guard against telepathy...

unless you have something of him resisting a telepathic assult from someone of MM level, then you can keep your doubts.

Just because they are called "new gods" doesn't make him a god. Also the term"god" has lost most of it's meaning in comics.

np3228
Nonesense, MM is dead right now. If his mind is so powerful, how was he able to be killed while awake... obviously, it is possible to guard against "a telepathic assult from someone of MM level" .... common sense dude.

Prep-Man
He can throw a tantrum all he wants, it won't protect him from Mindrape. It is better that Orion uses the MB for protection.

If you read my early post, new Gods are IMMUNE to Martian telepathy. Ostrander's Martian Manhunter series. Martian Manhunter was UNABLE to mind **** Kanto. One of Darkseid's henchman.

Prep-Man
unless you have something of him resisting a telepathic assult from someone of MM level, then you can keep your doubts.

Just because they are called "new gods" doesn't make him a god. Also the term"god" has lost most of it's meaning in comics.

Darkseid?

Lord Feron
If you read my early post, new Gods are IMMUNE to Martian telepathy. Ostrander's Martian Manhunter series. Martian Manhunter was UNABLE to mind **** Kanto. One of Darkseid's henchman.

no i actually didn't read that post. I had no idea that New Gods are completly immune to all forms a telepathy from a Martian.

Sorry about that, well if this fight is pretty much going down to fistycuffs, Orion takes it handily.

np3228
I repeat, MM is a pussy.

Lord Feron
Darkseid?

Um... we are talking about Orion and the use of the word "god." Meaning just because someone has the name god or call themselves god doesn't automatically make him a real god.

But it sounds like you want to talk about DS, he may be very powerful but far from a true god. I mean i guess thats where you were trying to go with the "Darkseid?" response. right? confused

Lord Feron
I repeat, MM is a pussy.

nah he just lives in a bad place, Superman's shadow laughing

Prep-Man
no i actually didn't read that post. I had no idea that New Gods are completly immune to all forms a telepathy from a Martian.

Sorry about that, well if this fight is pretty much going down to fistycuffs, Orion takes it handily.

Read Ostrander's Martian Manhunter. J'onn is able to do a lot of eserotic things like absorb the earth to amp his strength. He did all kinds of stuff with his powers that nobody hardly ever shows. If he is able to use his other powers, he can beat Orion. Only if he doesn't have the MB, though.

Lord Feron
Read Ostrander's Martian Manhunter. J'onn is able to do a lot of eserotic things like absorb the earth to amp his strength. He did all kinds of stuff with his powers that nobody hardly ever shows. If he is able to use his other powers, he can beat Orion. Only if he doesn't have the MB, though.

wow really. I'm a fan of MM and would like to see some of this cool stuff he does. Do you have a title or something?

Prep-Man
wow really. I'm a fan of MM and would like to see some of this cool stuff he does. Do you have a title or something?

What do you mean? I don't understand.

Anyway, Ostrander writes the BEST MM, IMO. No contest.

MM fights a being called Cabal. 3 Saturian's merged into one. And beats him through telepathy. Bad ass.

np3228
MM is a pussy.

The Nuul
Please give your opinions of if it was a BL MM and normal MM.

Ummm.... BL MM vs Orion with Mother box...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.