Episode III - Deleted Scenes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jayce78
W hat are your favorites? Are there any you would like to see in the movie? Do you know of any that most fans do not? Discuss anything and everything cut or deleted from Revenge of the Sith here . . . . .

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/231/theartofstarwarsiiiwall.png

General G
I liked the Yoda going to Dagobah (sp?) one, that was really neat.
Wouldn't mind seeing the Rebellion formation scene either.
Make the Sidious vs. Mace/three dumb Jedi scene a little longer would be nice too.

jayce78
Originally posted by General G
I liked the Yoda going to Dagobah (sp?) one, that was really neat.

A lota people love that scene too. I really like it as a deleted scene , but I just think it might stick out like a sore thumb in the movie. Just my opinion.

I really do enjoy those as well and hope they find there way back in the movie someday.

jayce78

General G
I really like that idea for a scene to be put in there one day, however, I wouldn't mind the dialogue to be changed up...not really fond of how they worded it...

jayce78
I actually thought the exchange was pretty good.

You have me really curious now? How would you improve it?

General G
Just certain lines like, "You should be a Jedi, Padme" not really liking for one. And then the fact that he is pretty much going behind his best friends/his brother's back and pretty much telling Padem to end it with him.

jayce78
Originally posted by General G
Just certain lines like, "You should be a Jedi, Padme" not really liking for one.

I gotchya.

I really don't really see it that way. Pad'me and Kenobi's are friends. We've seen a little of that in I and II. Mabie not too excess , but a little. I don't see it as really going behind Anakin back , he's simply visiting his friend and informing Pad'me that his Jedi Brother is having trouble and if she can possible do her best to help him. I didn't see where he said to end it? Only that the relationship has confused him a little , or put him off balance and he's concerned. If anything I believe it make's Kenobi look more of a compassionate friend and Gentlemen. And make's Skywalker jelousy that much more ridiculous and a product of the Dark Side.

But that's just my opinion. If you see it that way , it's totally fine.

General G
He doesn't tell her to end it directly, but for a few of the lines, he really seems to be playing with it and hinting it at her pretty strongly, if only to stick such a thing in her mind.

But anyways, I guess it does seem like we are interpreting this differently stick out tongue

jayce78
Ha , . . .that's what a fan forum is all about . Just good movies , jive talking , fanatsy and fun.

General G
Haha couldn't have said it any better myself, it's a great spot to hear how other people interpret things and the chance to defend your own ideas.

jayce78
More Mind Tricks
(Choosing Boga)

By T-bone
Published: December 17, 2005
Updated: November 22, 2007

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3364/753i.png

L et's face it. Boga was a hit with just about everyone. Everybody loves that lizard with the feathered head. In the finished film, we're introduced to her rather abruptly as Obi-Wan takes her out of the pen and into a climb up to Utapau's 10th level.

There was a scene deleted from the film where Obi-Wan selects Boga from a den of varactyls. He uses a Jedi mind trick to make the short Utai wranglers help him out. I'm always up for a good Jedi mind trick so I'm a little upset at the loss of this scene. It's a wonderful intro to Boga as well.

Here's the originally scripted scene:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
107 INT. UTAPAU-LANDING PLATFORM-HALLWAY-DAY
OBI-WAN also watches his ship take off. He is hiding in the hallway. He quietly moves farther into the city.
108 EXT. UTAPAU STAIRWAY-SINKHOLE RIM-DAY
OBI-WAN quickly rushes up a stairway cut into the side of the sinkhole. It's hard to see him. In an alcove, he carefully surveys the city, then quickly moves on.

109 INT. UTAPAU-CITY-DRAGON CORRAL-DAY
OBI-WAN makes his way through the city, looking up at the tenth level with electro-binoculars from his utility belt. He tries to figure out how he is going to get up there. He hears strange bellowing cries and he investigates.

He comes across a corral filled with about half a dozen DRAGON-LIKE LIZARDS. SEVERAL WRANGLERS are standing around.

OBI-WAN walks up to the WRANGLERS and uses the Force with his slight hand movements.

OBI-WAN
I need transportation.

WRANGLER
(subtitled, in native tongue)
You need transportation.

OBI-WAN
Get it for me.

WRANGLER
(subtitled, in native tongue)
I will get it for you.

One of the WRANGLERS turns to the others and chatters away in his strange tongue. OBI-WAN walks along the line of DRAGON/LIZARDS, checking out each one. He looks at their teeth, legs, etc. Finally he pats one on the neck.

OBI-WAN
This one.

The WRANGLER brings the chosen one over to him.

WRANGLER
Boga. She answers to Boga.

OBI-WAN
Good girl, Boga.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9134/751w.png

OBI-WAN swings onto the back of the LIZARD. The beast rears up and scurries outside to the edge of the sinkhole.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sith Master X
The only deleted scene I liked was Yoda landing on Dagobah, it was short and sweet, and a great throwback to Episode 5 and 6. Why they got rid of that one is beyond me.

InfernoJG95
I liked the dagobah scene aswell it reall explains how yoda got there

queeq
Meeh... just too much exposition. ROTS already suffered from that without the Yoda scene.

InfernoJG95
Oh sith master x it's because GL wanted to focus on the kids but they should show obi wan getting the name ben cause apperently he got it before luke was born and going to his hut and of course yoda landing on dagobah

queeq
Thanks to the PT Ben got rather senile on Tatooine.

darthmaul1
Definatly yoga on dagobah. They could put that into the movie quite easily. Show the ship approaching the planet and launch the pod. We know the rest

queeq
But we already do without the scene.

darthmaul1
That is what Lucas said that we know what happens to Yoda. But if you have never seen the ot then you don't. We know what happens to anakin but we stll saw all the movies. And besides that scene was very nicely done and finishes of Yodas part very nicely

queeq
THen you will find out... You may wonder at the end of ROTS: I wonder where Yoda went....

And then when ESB comes around: you find out! And when OB1 says: You will go to the Dagobah system, there you will learn from Yoda, the Jedi Master who taught me... then you will go: I wonder what Dagobah is like then, I was wondering where he went...

And then you go: wow, what a swamp place did Yoda move to. Did he stay there all these years? Instead of: yeah yeah I know, he went to a swamp...

Less is more I say.

darthmaul1
By that reasoning, you could end it with the ship entering hyperspace and never seeing Leia on alderaan with Organa and luke and obiwan on Tatooine with owen and beru. They showed what happened to the 4 characters so why not yoda?

Sith Master X
Originally posted by queeq
THen you will find out... You may wonder at the end of ROTS: I wonder where Yoda went....

And then when ESB comes around: you find out! And when OB1 says: You will go to the Dagobah system, there you will learn from Yoda, the Jedi Master who taught me... then you will go: I wonder what Dagobah is like then, I was wondering where he went...

And then you go: wow, what a swamp place did Yoda move to. Did he stay there all these years? Instead of: yeah yeah I know, he went to a swamp...

Less is more I say.

Never really thought of it like that before. After reading this, I think you've made me reconsider my opinion of it. Leaving it out was a good thing after all.

I still liked it thought. wink

queeq
And that's why it's a nice deleted scene...

Originally posted by darthmaul1
By that reasoning, you could end it with the ship entering hyperspace and never seeing Leia on alderaan with Organa and luke and obiwan on Tatooine with owen and beru. They showed what happened to the 4 characters so why not yoda?

Not really... because we never ever go to Alderaan.... and we don't understand the relationship between Luke and Owen/Beru... Not that that was satisfactorily told in the PT, but at least that leaves them in a place where you can wonder: how will they do when they grow up.

Because if one thing is clear: after the PT the time of Yoda and OB1 is basically over. All they can do is wait till they can tranfer their knowledge and die.

InfernoJG95
Which they eventually did

queeq
Exactly... but their story has basically come to an end in ROTS.

InfernoJG95
yes its moving on with the new main characters luke and leia

queeq
Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.