Franchizes you wish would come back.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

One Free Man
We have franchizes we want gone, now what do we want back?

I frankly would love a banjo kazooie for one of the new titles.

Another doom installment would be appreciated as well.

Dark Exile
Oddworld, Shenmue, Crimson Skies, Advent Rising, Jade Empire and a true KotOR sequel are my top choices.

ArtificialGlory
The old 'Might and Magic'. It's just a pipe dream though.
'Warcraft' as an RTS. Thankfully, this one at least has chances of happening.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by One Free Man
We have franchizes we want gone, now what do we want back?

I frankly would love a banjo kazooie for one of the new titles.

Another doom installment would be appreciated as well.
I'm pretty sure they're still coming out with a Doom 4 sometime, so you needn't worry about that.

Also, Killer Instinct. Get off your asses Rare and show me some more of the good stuff you used to make.

Nephthys
I believe they're actually making a sequal. It was in some games magazines and on one of the review websites (Gamespot likely).

MooCowofJustice
Tomba!, the Classic Spyro, Sly Cooper (I think this is actually happening, I love you, Sucker Punch.),Super Mario RPG (I don't care for Paper Mario, well, Super Paper Mario anyway.)

I really hope inFamous continues too. That game was great.

Dark Exile
Originally posted by Nephthys
I believe they're actually making a sequal. It was in some games magazines and on one of the review websites (Gamespot likely).

There was speculation but nothing was ever confirmed.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Tomba!, the Classic Spyro, Sly Cooper (I think this is actually happening, I love you, Sucker Punch.),Super Mario RPG (I don't care for Paper Mario, well, Super Paper Mario anyway.)

I really hope inFamous continues too. That game was great.

You do realize that if a Sly Cooper sequel is being made right now, an inFamous sequel won't be made for quite a while.

WickedDynamite
Cabal and Blood Brothers. I loooooooove those arcade games.

Darth Jello
Star Tropics. Rocket Knight Adventures.

BackFire
Killer Instinct!!

Also Duke Nukem

First_Tsurugi06
Mystical Ninja, for God's sake.

And props to whoever said Shenmue.

Bro SMASH
World Heroes, Body Blows, Killer Instinct and Mace: The Dark Age.

NemeBro
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Mystical Ninja, for God's sake. Holy ****ing shit yes!

Nephthys
Baldur's gate, KOTOR, Jade Empire, NWN (notice a pattern) Freedom Force, Warcraft (not 'World of') and Jedi Academy.

Neo Darkhalen
Earthworm Jim?

rabidd909
crimson skies

Scythe
Streets of Rage, Double Dragon, & Bloody Roar.

Spartan005
Banjo kazooie (the OG style... not the vehicle bullshit) and Donkey Kong

Kazenji
Originally posted by BackFire

Also Duke Nukem

Yeah Duke Nukem Forever.............."Coming "When it's done" from 3D Realms for the PC

A sequal to Nocturne get off your arses Terminal Reality and make it forget about Bloodrayne.

Ms.Marvel
but... i like bloodrayne. sad

Ridley_Prime
Star Fox.

And just for lolz, Primal Rage.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Super Mario RPG

Originally posted by BackFire
Also Duke Nukem

All this and the non-Metroid-like Castlevania.

jaden101
Dizzy
Shenmue
Hidden and Dangerous
Jedi knight series
Wonderboy
Alex Kidd

AsbestosFlaygon
MediEvil
Streets of Rage
Double Dragon

Weltall
Xenogears really needs to be completed.

Ridley_Prime
For some reason, I never really saw the appeal in Double Dragon in particular. Then again, all I remember about it now for the most part is that gawd-awful movie.

What was special about it to y'all?

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
For some reason, I never really saw the appeal in Double Dragon in particular. Then again, all I remember about it now for the most part is that gawd-awful movie.

What was special about it to y'all?
no expression

Dude. It single-handedly revolutionized the beat-em-up craze of the late 80's-90's.

Thanks to DD, we got Battletoads, Streets of Rage, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Golden Axe, Final Fight...
Now we have Kingdom Hearts, God of War, Dynasty Warriors, Devil May Cry, Prince of Persia, et al.

Phanteros
Jet force gemini

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
no expression

Dude. It single-handedly revolutionized the beat-em-up craze of the late 80's-90's.

Thanks to DD, we got Battletoads, Streets of Rage, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Golden Axe, Final Fight...
Now we have Kingdom Hearts, God of War, Dynasty Warriors, Devil May Cry, Prince of Persia, et al.
Well, forgive my ignorance there then. I didn't know all those actually started because of Double Dragon...
But that's definitely good to know, so I'll take your word for it. Really do learn somethin' every day.

Love the TMNT games by the way, so I guess I do owe DD some more respect.

AsbestosFlaygon
Well, forgive my ignorance there then. I didn't know all those actually started because of Double Dragon...
But that's definitely good to know, so I'll take your word for it. Really do learn somethin' every day.

Love the TMNT games by the way, so I guess I do owe DD some more respect.
No problemo dude cool

I don't really like DD that much either, but they deserve to have a major comeback for all they've done for the beat-em-up genre.

AsbestosFlaygon
Earthworm Jim...

Srsly. This was one of the best platformers ever made in the history of gaming. It deserves another comeback... in 2D FORM!

Darth Jello
With Star Fox, a nice middle ground between 64 and Assault with some of the map/campaign elements of command.

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by Scythe
Streets of Rage

**** YEAH! I love the music of that game. Good choice.

jinXed by JaNx
Soul Reaver
Mutant league sports
Shenmue
Boogerman
Earthworm Jim

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

Boogerman

Yeeeaaahhhh boy rock

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Soul Reaver

I doubt it now since he's been killed off or so that lead us to believe.

Scythe
Road Rash, Bio Freaks & Battletoads.

Demonic Phoenix
No Darkstalkers mentioned here? C'mon.

Scythe
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
No Darkstalkers mentioned here? C'mon.

Yeah, I love Darkstalkers, but they had a recent game for the PSP, The Tower or some shit, I liked it.

Phanteros
its going to be hard to return the legacy of Kain series back when two leads are dead.

Kazenji
Dead as in the voice actors or characters?

Phanteros
Voice actor and the guy that was suppose to produce it.

One Free Man
I want Mechwarrior back. story sucked but I loved the mech simulation (rather than 3rd person shooter) style.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Phanteros
Voice actor and the guy that was suppose to produce it.

Didn't stop Metroid from coming back. Granted it took almost a decade.

Ms.Marvel
heres something that needs to come back..

do. want. descent 4.

descent is one of the greatest fps' of all time for sure.

Mandrag Ganon
Donkey Kong Country

One Free Man
ooo a next gen donkey kong would be cool.

MadMel
jungle beat - oh wait that for gamecubr and new wii play control stick out tongue
close enough tho erm

Bro SMASH
World Heroes
Body Blows
Killer Instinct
Mace: The Dark Age.
Fighter's History

Yep, I said Fighter's History. Game is way too underrated, thanks to a certain other company and I want it to come back. G-Mode needs to actually do something, though!

Impediment
Conker's Bad Fur Day needs a reboot/sequel. An UNEDITED f*cking one, at that! God, the N64 version was so awesome. I wish that Wii VC would let you download it.

Nephthys
NIER.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Dark Exile
and a true KotOR sequel are my top choices.

Yes, please.

Bardock42
I never finished Kotor 2.

I heard neither did the developers.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
I never finished Kotor 2.

I heard neither did the developers.

OHHHHHHH! Sick pwn.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
World Heroes
Body Blows
Killer Instinct
Mace: The Dark Age.
Fighter's History

Yep, I said Fighter's History. Game is way too underrated, thanks to a certain other company and I want it to come back. G-Mode needs to actually do something, though!
As I was reading down your list, I was kinda hoping to see Fighter's Destiny, but History is close enough I guess. stick out tongue

StyleTime
Silent Hill (didn't go away, but needs to return to or exceed the quality of the first 3 games)
Fighting Force
Rival Schools
Jet Force Gemini
Gekido
Resident Evil: Outbreak

And Toypop. That game was brilliant. uhuh

Impediment
Originally posted by StyleTime
Silent Hill (didn't go away, but needs to return to or exceed the quality of the first 3 games)

The upcoming title, Silent Hill: Downpour, looks like it just might do that.

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
heres something that needs to come back..

do. want. descent 4.

descent is one of the greatest fps' of all time for sure. thumb up

No End N Site
http://www.sfgalleries.net/art/darkstalkers/darkstalkers-logo.gif

http://images.wikia.com/streetfighterex/images/4/40/RivalLogo.png

http://jet.smilebit.com/dx_jet_image/jetdx_logo.gif

In a world filled with Detstable Madness, Justice must be done!

Esomark
Originally posted by No End N Site

http://jet.smilebit.com/dx_jet_image/jetdx_logo.gif

Took the first one out of my mouth. I never played Rival Schools much but the more the merrier. Can't comment on Jet.

I hope we haven't seen the last of this one:

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l635/Esomarker/Ss_logo.png

Kazenji
Another one i would like to see back is Blood

come on monolith stop concetrating on FEAR and Condemned.

Bro SMASH
As I was reading down your list, I was kinda hoping to see Fighter's Destiny, but History is close enough I guess. stick out tongue

Well it's just that I finally got to play Fighter's History Dynamite and I can confidently say it's a pretty good game. Of course, so many reviews hardly ever talk about how good the game is and just can't shut their mouths about how similar it is to Street Fighter 2 (*cough*Frankie Yagami*cough*).

Frisky Dingo

In a world filled with Detstable Madness, Justice must be done!

Yes!

Had to scratch off Jet Grind Radio. I've never played that before.

stargun
Megaman X, Darkstalkers (and I'm not alone with this one huh?), Bloody Roar, Final Fight and Dino Crisis.

MooCowofJustice
I still think a PS3 Spyro the Dragon would be fantastic, classic style. I can't even imagine what kind of cool visuals we could get out of it for the worlds and levels we'd play in.

Oh, and I kind of want someone to continue Jade Empire now, so I could actually try it.

Cyner
Eternal Champions.

The first fighting game series I really fell in love with. Sadly not many played the amazing sequel.

Frisky Dingo
I see a great deal of Darkstalkers and Rival Schools respect. Don't worry we'll have our day!

Originally posted by Esomark

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l635/Esomarker/Ss_logo.png

I hope so too, the series has so much potential. I'm actually hoping they decide to create another SS over FF.

Utrigita
Just give me Dungeon Keeper 3 instead of those cheap ripoffs and I'll be forever thankful.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Esomark

They should really go "old skool" if they do decide to make another SS. It worked well for KOFXII and XIII.

Add a few new perks but use SSII as the foundation of the game, that would be blessin to us all.

Originally posted by Frisky Dingo

Had to scratch off Jet Grind Radio. I've never played that before.

Then you've never played one of the greatest games of all time, then. You still got your DC, right? Get a couple blank CDs and I'm sure you know the rest. big grin

I see a great deal of Darkstalkers and Rival Schools respect. Don't worry we'll have our day!

Don't wait on another DS anytime soon. If they thought MVC3 was hard...lol.

P-Geyser
FATAL FURY and I don't care what anybody says. The FF games had creativity like interacting with the stages plus I think Terry and Co have been jobbers for too damn long in KOF. I would not mind if the story focused on another character.

GAROU MOTW'S 2 would also be awesome. I don't know why playmore did not want to follow up with Rock Howard's adventures. I am sick of seeing KOF.

Frisky Dingo

Then you've never played one of the greatest games of all time, then. You still got your DC, right? Get a couple blank CDs and I'm sure you know the rest. big grin

Don't wait on another DS anytime soon. If they thought MVC3 was hard...lol.

I'm sorry, but I don't do those things.

I think they can do it and they will. After what was said, I think we will see the game someday soon.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Utrigita
Just give me Dungeon Keeper 3 instead of those cheap ripoffs and I'll be forever thankful.

Ditto.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by P-Geyser
FATAL FURY and I don't care what anybody says. The FF games had creativity like interacting with the stages plus I think Terry and Co have been jobbers for too damn long in KOF. I would not mind if the story focused on another character.

GAROU MOTW'S 2 would also be awesome. I don't know why playmore did not want to follow up with Rock Howard's adventures. I am sick of seeing KOF.

I do agree about Fatal Fury. SNK really need to step it up on their franchises. Back in the 90s, they just kept pumping up all of their series and even creating new ones.

Nowadays, it's just KOF, Metal Slug, and SS, as well as some anime-ish series that's only been on the DS in Japan (Doki Doki Majo Shinpan!).

They really gotta recapture their magic of those days and start working on series other than the ones I just mentioned.

No End N Site

I think they can do it and they will. After what was said, I think we will see the game someday soon.

Cap's playin in their asses and you know it. I personally just think, they don't have the talent, nor the confidence to achieve such a feat. If not that, then they're already workin on it and are just trollin. Hell, even if they aint developin it as we speak, they still trollin.

1 million sigantures?! C'mon!
http://www.rockandgeims.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/capcom_troll.png

Frisky Dingo
Cap's playin in their asses and you know it. I personally just think, they don't have the talent, nor the confidence to achieve such a feat. If not that, then they're already workin on it and are just trollin. Hell, even if they aint developin it as we speak, they still trollin.

1 million sigantures?! C'mon!
http://www.rockandgeims.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/capcom_troll.png

You sound like someone very familiar to me, now. Hmmm.

I know Ono trolls but I wouldn't go so far as to say the whole company trolls. Maybe it won't be DS but I have a feeling that there will be a fighter from Capcom's past making a return. I do agree though, actually, I would go so far as to say that no dev team on Earth has the chops to create another DS as good as the last, in a timely manner. There was a post on SRK where the DS devs say it took two years just to THINK up the characters and their moves.

Also, do you have a copy of Jet Grind Radio I could borrow? The game seems interesting. Also, have you been to the UFGT7? GO!

Tha C-Master
Duke is here.

We need Baldur's Gate, Battletoads, and Killer Instinct would be nice too.

AsbestosFlaygon
Heretic.

AsbestosFlaygon
And Crash Bandicoot.

Would be better if it was developed by the original developers, Naughty Dog.

-Pr-
Onimusha
Dino Crisis
Syndicate (though I hear they're working on something)
Jedi Knight
Star Wars Battlefront
Elite

Kazenji
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Heretic.

How would they continue it when the serpent riders are dead.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Kazenji
How would they continue it when the serpent riders are dead.
A remake of the original Heretic would be nice.

Heretic was better than Doom 2 imo

No End N Site
You sound like someone very familiar to me, now. Hmmm.

I know Ono trolls but I wouldn't go so far as to say the whole company trolls. Maybe it won't be DS but I have a feeling that there will be a fighter from Capcom's past making a return. I do agree though, actually, I would go so far as to say that no dev team on Earth has the chops to create another DS as good as the last, in a timely manner. There was a post on SRK where the DS devs say it took two years just to THINK up the characters and their moves.

Also, do you have a copy of Jet Grind Radio I could borrow? The game seems interesting. Also, have you been to the UFGT7? GO!

Okay?

They all do, the only guy I know fom there who doesn't troll ultra hard is Seth.

Get yur own! stick out tongue

How could I not go? It was literally about a 3 minute walk from my job. You could look outta the window and see the tourney from where I was workin. UFGT7 was hype tho. Especially for MVC3, which I just don't understand. There was just so many entrants. I played few casuals and got blown up but it was just way too much of a hassle to play the top players. Everyone was mobbin up treatin those guys like superstars and I didn't have all the time in the world to stay. I met Keits, tho. He's a really cool dude with a sick MODOK. I think I might go back to SRK...

Nemesis X
Eternal Darkness needs to come back. Some of the horror games that came out lately aren't quite up to par with what Silicon Knights unleashed in 2002 imo.

Kosmic King
*Earthbound
*Chrono Trigger
*Phantasy Star

Mist_haermm
Wish they'd do a next gen Shadows of the Empire...

Digi
Shining Force. Though I probably missed the sequels after II and just didn't know about them.

srankmissingnin
Legend of Dragoon, and Vagrant Story sequels. I haven't enjoyed a JRP since the end of the PS2 era though, so it might just be nostalgia yearning on my part though.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Impediment
The upcoming title, Silent Hill: Downpour, looks like it just might do that.
I have my fingers crossed, but I am so afraid I'll get let down again. sad
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Legend of Dragoon
thumb up

JayDaDon
Originally posted by stargun
Megaman X, Darkstalkers (and I'm not alone with this one huh?), Bloody Roar, Final Fight and Dino Crisis.

Wow I thought I was the only person left alive who remembers bloody roar. That series was a kickass idea. I wish a better fighting game developer would take a stab at a new bloody roar. I could picture Namco working wonders with it.

I-Drop
Golden Axe

Kazenji
Originally posted by I-Drop
Golden Axe

They tried to revive that one

and they made this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Axe:_Beast_Rider

Nemesis X
*shudders*

I-Drop
Originally posted by Kazenji
They tried to revive that one

and they made this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Axe:_Beast_Rider laughing out loud Didn't try hard enough

Thoren
Killer Instinct, that game ruled on N64.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Thoren
Killer Instinct, that game ruled on N64.
You mean Killer Instinct 2/Gold for N64? The first one on the SNES was way better.

quanchi112
Legacy of Kain times 100.

Killer Instinct

Kazenji
Vectorman.

Bro SMASH
Sega should bring back Last Bronx. Seeing how the VF5 games are turning out this gen, I don't see why Sega won't just bring back Last Bronx too. I'd want to see how that turns out now. It would have been Sega's great answer to Namco's Soul Calibur.

pea55
FINAL FIGHT!!!!!

Florence76
I like it !http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

Kazenji
Haven't heard of that franchise

what is it about?

Nibedicus
They seriously SERIOUSLY should bring back and FINISH Descent: Freespace...

Also: Wing Commander/Privateer

Bring Space Sims back Dammit!

Master of Orion, Sierra adventure games, especially Hero's Quest....

-Pr-
Onimusha with rpg elements.

Lord Shadow Z
You mean Killer Instinct 2/Gold for N64? The first one on the SNES was way better.

thumb up It was way too awkward to play on the N64, that's why I got rid of it. I heard the best version to play it on was Arcade but I only ever played it on my SNES.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nibedicus
They seriously SERIOUSLY should bring back and FINISH Descent: Freespace...

I'd rather see the other Descent game return.

red sabre
Bloody Roar without a doubt, i cant believe this series didnt make it to the current gen yet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.