Superman's Hardest Punch vs Thor's Hardest Mjolnir Slam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Which is more powerful?

Parmaniac
Batkick, even if it's not stated, it breaks through threadbarriers and wins the contest

SoulDevourer
LOL...u rilly dont like Thor do u laughing out loud

Mjolnir slam

what about comparin both there punches instead?

Starscream M
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
LOL...u rilly dont like Thor do u laughing out loud

Mjolnir slam

what about comparin both there punches instead? punches, its clear superman is the hardest puncher

with mjolnir, its closer comparison imo

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Starscream M
punches, its clear superman is the hardest puncher

with mjolnir, its closer comparison imo closer ? mjolnir >>> supes fist

(btw i reckon u accept JLA/avenger crossover as canon?)

Starscream M
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
mjolnir >>> supes fist
based on?

SoulDevourer
based on? way more durable?

PS. so thats true u rilly take JLA/avenger as canon? confused

Philosophía
He doesn't 'take it as canon'. It is canon. Forum rules and it actually being non-canon are two different things.

Naija boy
Mjolnir

quanchi112
based on? Thor's history and what it's actually done as opposed to Superman's fists.

Mindship
What's the most damage either has done?

psycho gundam
punches, its clear superman is the hardest puncher

with mjolnir, its closer comparison imo why are your threads always full of butthurt?

defend superman properly, cause making bait threads with not-so-hidden agendas just causes flame wars.

galactusischere

quanchi112
Originally posted by galactusischere
Cannon to DC, only because Supes beat Thor, and Galactus lost to Krona. I myself can live with the results. I know dc won't ever let Superman lose to a marvel hero in a crossover and Supes practically creamed his pants when he held Thor's mjolnir. I think the writer later admitted he ignored the magical weakness Superman has.

Thor usually does better in rematches anyways. I am confident that if both fight in character Thor wins the majority.

Starscream M
Originally posted by psycho gundam
why are your threads always full of butthurt?

defend superman properly, cause making bait threads with not-so-hidden agendas just causes flame wars.

my threads most often garner the most responses because I put some thought into making them

if you prefer threads that get 10 or fewer responses, then you prob don't like my threads. but if you like threads that are ripe for debate from both sides, you'll see that in general my threads are well thought and balanced, with ample support for either side.

also, what exactly is my hidden agenda? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Spire
Probably same.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Spire
Probably same. How so? Thor's hammer is more powerful.

Lord Feron
Hammer!

psycho gundam
my threads most often garner the most responses because I put some thought into making them

if you prefer threads that get 10 or fewer responses, then you prob don't like my threads. but if you like threads that are ripe for debate from both sides, you'll see that in general my threads are well thought and balanced, with ample support for either side.

also, what exactly is my hidden agenda? roll eyes (sarcastic) they get negative attention in the realm of arguments.

you put thought into making this/them? reaaaallly......

roughrider
Which is more powerful?

Mjolnir wins. Superman could possibly punch harder than Thor, but Thor swinging or throwing mjolnir is even harder.

Colossus-Big C
idk. ive seen Zeus get hit by a hardest thor hammer swings and it did nothing

quanchi112
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
idk. ive seen Zeus get hit by a hardest thor hammer swings and it did nothing Thor has affected much more powerful beings with his hammer than Zeus. He also went toe to toe with Zeus before with neither side able to gain the edge.

Starscream M
Originally posted by psycho gundam
they get negative attention in the realm of arguments.

I disagree. A lot (obviously not all) of my threads really get at some of the core debates at KMC, hence there are passionate arguments for both sides.

I think the most controversial threads are often the most interesting. People generally ignore the less controversial threads.

quanchi112
I disagree. A lot (obviously not all) of my threads really get at some of the core debates at KMC, hence there are passionate arguments for both sides.

I think the most controversial threads are often the most interesting. People generally ignore the less controversial threads. I agree that the most controversial threads are the best.

Spire
Originally posted by quanchi112
How so? Thor's hammer is more powerful.

First, you shouldn't be in this thread as don't know anything about either character.

Also, you should be reading comics for your battlezone next year.

Godblast is probably more powerful, but that is different than Thor whacking someone with his hammer.

roughrider
Thor has affected much more powerful beings with his hammer than Zeus. He also went toe to toe with Zeus before with neither side able to gain the edge.

Thor, with his belt of strength and iron gloves, managed to put a hole in the armour of Exitar The Celestial with mjolnir.

quanchi112
First, you shouldn't be in this thread as don't know anything about either character.

Godblast is probably more powerful, but that is different than Thor whacking someone with his hammer. It appears I am inside your head.

Unlike anyone else I accepted a battlezone. Thor has also made Galactus feel pain with just a hammer shot, noob. This is just about a hammer slam not a godblast. You seem to be ignorant about the powers of Thor and his history altogether.

Spire
It appears I am inside your head.

Unlike anyone else I accepted a battlezone. Thor has also made Galactus feel pain with just a hammer shot, noob. This is just about a hammer slam not a godblast. You seem to be ignorant about the powers of Thor and his history altogether.

So basically you're responding to random stuff? thumb up

xJLxKing

Godblast is probably more powerful, but that is different than Thor whacking someone with his hammer.
don't be soo hard on him

He has to read over 40 years of Thor comics

quanchi112
So basically you're responding to random stuff? thumb up I responded to the thread. Thor's hammer shot made Galactus feel pain. You talking about a godblast which is completely different than a hammer slam is you just displaying ignorance.

Originally posted by xJLxKing
don't be soo hard on him

He has to read over 40 years of Thor comics You haven't read any.

Spire
don't be soo hard on him

He has to read over 40 years of Thor comics

laughing out loud

Spire
I responded to the thread. Thor's hammer shot made Galactus feel pain. You talking about a godblast which is completely different than a hammer slam is you just displaying ignorance.

Is that where your reading comprehension led you?

Sad.

quanchi112
Is that where your reading comprehension led you?

Sad. Why bring up the godblast when I gave an example of Thor hurting Galactus with his hammer? The godblast has nothing to do with what I brought up. There's more, but why waste it on you when I don't have to.

Batman-Prime

Spire
Why bring up the godblast when I gave an example of Thor hurting Galactus with his hammer? The godblast has nothing to do with what I brought up. There's more, but why waste it on you when I don't have to.

I know, you're ignorant.

Where did I bring up godblast after you gave an example of Thor hurting Galactus?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
thumb up

If Thor had won, no one would say it's not official. Neither the Superman fans nor the Marvel boys.

Anyway. Thor's hammer is more powerful, but it's not about the power inside. The hand wielding Mjolnir hits almost as hard with the hammer as Superman with his bare fist smile. That's why he got the Hammer from Thor during JLA/Avenger. The good weapon goes to the strongest, to the best *g*.

Superman wins, though it's close wink. Thor was trapped and Superman also had Cap's shield so he was always fighting with weapons not usually on his person. Supes needed the hammer to accomplish the feat as it's more powerful than his fists. He then went down and hawkeye finished him off.Originally posted by Spire

Godblast is probably more powerful, but that is different than Thor whacking someone with his hammer. Originally posted by Spire
Where did I bring up godblast after you gave an example of Thor hurting Galactus? LOL. I didn't bring up the godblast so why should you?

nicamarvin
Which is more powerful?
You FOOLs........
here is how things are

BatKick>>>Juggernaut's Fist>>>Mjolnir Slam>>SuperMan's fist>>Thor's Fist

Don't like it? deal with it, these are the Facts...... smokin'

Warlord
thumb up

If Thor had won, no one would say it's not official. Neither the Superman fans nor the Marvel boys.

you know that for sure?

Spire
LOL. I didn't bring up the godblast so why should you?

Cool, so I didn't bring up GB after you brought up Galactus, as you stated here:

Why bring up the godblast when I gave an example of Thor hurting Galactus with his hammer?

Liar.

quanchi112
It appears I am inside your head.

Unlike anyone else I accepted a battlezone. Thor has also made Galactus feel pain with just a hammer shot, noob. This is just about a hammer slam not a godblast. You seem to be ignorant about the powers of Thor and his history altogether. Originally posted by Spire
Cool, so I didn't bring up GB after you brought up Galactus, as you stated here:

Liar. Why bring up the godblast when it's not relevant to the thread? Do you even understand the difference between a godblast and a hammer strike?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Warlord
you know that for sure?

IHMO, I do think so. I had the pleasure to be in another comic forum, subforum of an hero game, during this time. When the first comic appeared it looked like Thor had oneshotted Superman. The Superman/DC fans congratulated the Marvel side. To soon as we saw but anyway. Maybe not all would be as kind, maybe that board had some particular nice people on it, anyway, i do believe this.

Spire
edit

Spire
Why bring up the godblast when it's not relevant to the thread? Do you even understand the difference between a godblast and a hammer strike?

I know you are a liar.

Batman-Prime
I know ,you are a liar.

I will do you the favour and search for this thread, when I get it I will pm it to you. Then you can apologise to me here, ok? Gimme just some time, it's some years ago.

quanchi112
I know you are a liar. So you attempted to derail the thread with discussion of the godblast. K.

Warlord
IHMO, I do think so. I had the pleasure to be in another comic forum, subforum of an hero game, during this time. When the first comic appeared it looked like Thor had oneshotted Superman. The Superman/DC fans congratulated the Marvel side. To soon as we saw but anyway. Maybe not all would be as kind, maybe that board had some particular nice people on it, anyway, i do believe this.

well there are different kind of fans. I wouldn't rush to give certain attributes to specific supporters of a company

Spire
So you attempted to derail the thread with discussion of the godblast. K.

Not at all, liar.

It was your lying that derailed the thread.

Kris Blaze
Hammer slam would be much more powerful.

But as a consolation price, Superman punches harder than Thor punches.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Hammer slam would be much more powerful.
what's the evidence or support?

quanchi112
Not at all, liar.

It was your lying that derailed the thread. You brought up a godblast which has nothing to do with the actual thread question. I might as well bring up t-vo and a sundipped Superman. Get back to me when you are done bringing up things that have nothing to do with the actual thread itself.Originally posted by Starscream M
what's the evidence or support? The Galactus strike for one, but if you really want an actual comparison.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/034-Avengers-JLA004Rembrandt-DCP.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/035-Avengers-JLA004Rembrandt-DCP.jpg

This is canon to dc so it's not even in question of who is more powerful than who here.

Spire
You brought up a godblast which has nothing to do with the actual thread question. I might as well bring up t-vo and a sundipped Superman. Get back to me when you are done bringing up things that have nothing to do with the actual thread itself.

Well, your a liar and have horrible reading comprehension skills so...

Lord Feron

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/034-Avengers-JLA004Rembrandt-DCP.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/035-Avengers-JLA004Rembrandt-DCP.jpg

Wow that pretty much ends it no? Supes was standing and not flying forward which follows the stips. Also Supes obviously couldn't do jack to the wall but with the hammer, BAM breaks that shit like a ****ing cosmic pinata.

Spire
Wait we're actually using JLA/Avengers...

Especially in a Superman vs Thor thread.

Lol.

OneDumbG0

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Wow that pretty much ends it no? Supes was standing and not flying forward which follows the stips. Also Supes obviously couldn't do jack to the wall but with the hammer, BAM breaks that shit like a ****ing cosmic pinata.

Superman + Hammer > Thor + Hammer. Supermans Strength WITH the hammer did it wink.

"Oh my Lord, the power. Never FELT so.. Never would have guessed.."

That reads like. Oh my god the power this weapon grants. Never felt so much magic in an weapon. Never would have guessed that Thor's weapon is so powerful, while koing him wink"

That's how i understood this ^^

quanchi112
Well, your a liar and have horrible reading comprehension skills so... Stick to the subject. You always reach for the personal insults and that's a sign of poor debating. Originally posted by Lord Feron
Wow that pretty much ends it no? Supes was standing and not flying forward which follows the stips. Also Supes obviously couldn't do jack to the wall but with the hammer, BAM breaks that shit like a ****ing cosmic pinata. Even without these scans it's so obvious. Power level Thor stomps Supes.Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Yes forum rules and canonicity are different things and aren't necessarily dispositive of each other. Except in this case, JLA/Avengers isn't canon. For very obvious reasons. Why isn't it canon? Do you mean for marvel or for dc, or both?

Spire
Stick to the subject. You always reach for the personal insults and that's a sign of poor debating.

Only that you did lie and you failed to understand that I feel that they are about the same barring a godblast so...

Well, your a liar and have horrible reading comprehension skills so...

Lord Feron
Well it's not liek it directly makes anyone look bad. If thats people's concern.

It just means you add Thor's power backed up by Supes power, impossible crap is going to happen.

Lord Feron
Superman + Hammer > Thor + Hammer. Supermans Strength WITH the hammer did it wink.

Yeah, but if you look at what the OP said, it didn't really say who had to be weilding the hammer... stick out tongue

So technically The hammer did more than Supes fist could not do. I mean you can't deny that.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Yeah, but if you look at what the OP said, it didn't really say who had to be weilding the hammer... stick out tongue

So technically The hammer did more than Supes fist could not do. I mean you can't deny that.

Oh I don't deny it. Though the page before the first scan Superman was attacked by Solaar and Radioactive man, they used Kryptonite Radiation and Red Sun Radiation to "drive out the juice out of Superman" Vision sacrified himself to charge Superman with his remaining solar energy (from his cells he was badly damaged). This gave Clark the chance to defeat them.

So when you look at just one more page, which quan forgot to mention wink, you see that it was an depowered superman who tried to break the wall. Mjolnir wasn't depowered, though thor was hurt. So yes an "healthy" Mjolnir did the greater work wink.

Though I have to give Quan some respect. Showing scans out of context to prove an point is quite cunning big grin.

ColossusGrundy
Superman has caught Thor's hammer swing before. Thor swung Mjolnir and Supes caught it and proceeded to deck Thor afterwards, he would NOT have caught another Superman's punch........period.

Supes' Punch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mjolnir strike.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Superman has caught Thor's hammer swing before. Thor swung Mjolnir and Supes caught it and proceeded to deck Thor afterwards, he would NOT have caught another Superman's punch........period.

Supes' Punch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mjolnir strike.

More like ">=" IMHO

quanchi112
Only that you did lie and you failed to understand that I feel that they are about the same barring a godblast so... How are they the same? Can you name me one thing that he has done that's impressive as some of Thor's feats with his fists?

You don't even understand what a godblast is.Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Oh I don't deny it. Though the page before the first scan Superman was attacked by Solaar and Radioactive man, they used Kryptonite Radiation and Red Sun Radiation to "drive out the juice out of Superman" Vision sacrified himself to charge Superman with his remaining solar energy (from his cells he was badly damaged). This gave Clark the chance to defeat them.

So when you look at just one more page, which quan forgot to mention wink, you see that it was an depowered superman who tried to break the wall. Mjolnir wasn't depowered, though thor was hurt. So yes an "healthy" Mjolnir did the greater work wink.

Though I have to give Quan some respect. Showing scans out of context to prove an point is quite cunning big grin. Thanks for the cue.

Superman was just recently powered back up and was also using Cap's shield to aid in the entire time. It's on the very same page,lol that he gains his power back.

I guess you can't stand the fact Supes needed a marvel character's aid, a marvel character's shield, and Thor's hammer to do what he did.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/033-Avengers-JLA004Rembrandt-DCP.jpg

Batman-Prime

Superman was just recently powered back up and was also using Cap's shield to aid in the entire time. It's on the very same page,lol that he gains his power back.

I guess you can't stand the fact Supes needed a marvel character's aid, a marvel character's shield, and Thor's hammer to do what he did.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/033-Avengers-JLA004Rembrandt-DCP.jpg

So you think that an damaged Vision can restore superman to 100% with the rest energy he has in his solar cells? Quan, is this what you are trying to tell? erm

Not recently, seconds before he got the hammer. He was depowered.

quanchi112
So you think that an damaged Vision can restore superman to 100% with the rest energy he has in his solar cells? Quan, is this what you are trying to tell? erm

Not recently, seconds before he got the hammer. He was depowered. I think the remaining solar energy definitely brought Superman back into the fight because he was shot full of solar energy. He was re-energized and that's what the panel supports. You leaving this part out in your post is hilarious. It happened on the very same page. Without Vision he was a goner.

Batman-Prime
I think the remaining solar energy definitely brought Superman back into the fight because he was shot full of solar energy. He was re-energized and that's what the panel supports. You leaving this part out in your post is hilarious. It happened on the very same page. Without Vision he was a goner.

Quan we agree here. Superman was depleted and at the mercy of his enemies, the sacrifice of Vision just gave him enough power to defeat his tormentors but surely not enough to restore him to full health. He was battered and depowered, means not in his best state.

Spire
How are they the same? Can you name me one thing that he has done that's impressive as some of Thor's feats with his fists?

You don't even understand what a godblast is.

What are these feats?

Colossus-Big C
Thor has affected much more powerful beings with his hammer than Zeus. He also went toe to toe with Zeus before with neither side able to gain the edge. no. zeus was just playing with him realy. while thor did all out blast and everything.
and who has thor taken down who is greater than zeus? that would be pis

quanchi112
Quan we agree here. Superman was depleted and at the mercy of his enemies, the sacrifice of Vision just gave him enough power to defeat his tormentors but surely not enough to restore him to full health. He was battered and depowered, means not in his best state. There's no proof he wasn't restored back to full health. I think he was, but there isn't proof either way. You assuming he was depowered and leaving out the part where Vision juiced him up is purposely leaving out the context. Originally posted by Spire
What are these feats? Hurting Galactus is one. Now please name something that compares and I'll proceed.

Batman-Prime
There's no proof he wasn't restored back to full health. I think he was, but there isn't proof either way. You assuming he was depowered and leaving out the part where Vision juiced him up is purposely leaving out the context. Hurting Galactus is one. Now please name something that compares and I'll proceed.

I wrote "the sacrifice of Vision just gave him enough power "

before that in my very first statement
"Vision sacrified himself to charge Superman with his remaining solar energy (from his cells he was badly damaged). This gave Clark the chance to defeat them."

I never left Vision out of this. I just stated that he was not in his best health.

So you think that it is arguable that the energy in the cells of an almost "dead" Vision ("internal damage...can't...stay...active"wink is enough to restore superman. Almost "dead-Visions energy cells = the power of an sun`? Wow, just wow.

Spire
There's no proof he wasn't restored back to full health. I think he was, but there isn't proof either way. You assuming he was depowered and leaving out the part where Vision juiced him up is purposely leaving out the context. Hurting Galactus is one. Now please name something that compares and I'll proceed.

Actually, name some more.

You have been reading comics right?

quanchi112
I wrote "the sacrifice of Vision just gave him enough power "

before that in my very first statement
"Vision sacrified himself to charge Superman with his remaining solar energy (from his cells he was badly damaged). This gave Clark the chance to defeat them."

I never left Vision out of this. I just stated that he was not in his best health.

So you think that it is arguable that the energy in the cells of an almost "dead" Vision ("internal damage...can't...stay...active"wink is enough to restore superman. Almost "dead-Visions energy cells = the power of an sun`? Wow, just wow. Ah, my bad I didn't see you wrote the part about Vision.

I think it restored him back to full health.

Actually, name some more.

You have been reading comics right? I knew you couldn't name anything. You never do. I guess I win the debate with one feat. That was pretty easy.

Spire
I knew you couldn't name anything. You never do. I guess I win the debate with one feat. That was pretty easy.

So you haven't been reading comics?

You should start. Start with Thor too so you can get back to me before 4 months.

Batman-Prime
Ah, my bad I didn't see you wrote the part about Vision.

I think it restored him back to full health.

Nevermind, just a game smile. Opinions differ.

quanchi112
So you haven't been reading comics?

You should start. Start with Thor too so you can get back to me before 4 months. I asked you for feats and your response is begging for info. What a brilliant maneuver. It means you concede as you really have no clue. You should read some Superman every once in a while. I'll tell you what leaf through the respect thread and get back to me.Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Nevermind, just a game smile. Opinions differ. Do you honestly feel that Superman's punches are equal to Thor's hammer?

Spire
I asked you for feats and your response is begging for info. What a brilliant maneuver. It means you concede as you really have no clue.

No, I'm asking if you have another feat.

Batman-Prime
Do you honestly feel that Superman's punches are equal to Thor's hammer?

Yes. Honestly. Superman has great feats with his punches. Almost destroying the moon when he punched the Black Racer, Punching through the imperiex probes etc.

But not all versions of Superman, of course. Some are weaker some are stronger.

Byrne Superman was weaker then Thor for example.

OWAW had Loeb on his side. He was quite uber. Funny to read but ridiculous. FC Superman was a great read, powerwise in his PC days though this time with an good story.

PC supes was ridiculous.

All-Star Superman was like PC Supes though again with an great story.

Don't get me wrong. Though i do think that Superman is a little bit stronger then thor and faster. Thor has enough powers to win 50-50 against Superman IMHO.

quanchi112
No, I'm asking if you have another feat. I asked you for one feat. You can't even do that. Then you countered and I gave you one awesome feat from Thor to contend with. Your response give me another Thor feat. That's called dodging.Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Yes. Honestly. Superman has great feats with his punches. Almost destroying the moon when he punched the Black Racer, Punching through the imperiex probes etc.

But not all versions of Superman, of course. Some are weaker some are stronger.

Byrne Superman was weaker then Thor for example.

OWAW had Loeb on his side. He was quite uber. Funny to read but ridiculous. FC Superman was a great read, powerwise in his PC days though this time with an good story.

PC supes was ridiculous.

All-Star Superman was like PC Supes though again with an great story.

Don't get me wrong. Though i do think that Superman is a little bit stronger then thor and faster. Thor has enough powers to win 50-50 against Superman IMHO. You really feel like almost destroying the moon means he's equal to Thor?

This is new earth superman as well.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy

Supes' Punch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mjolnir strike. not canon sleep1

-Pr-

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
thumb up Do you feel that it's canon to both marvel and dc or just dc?

gogogadgetgo
what's the evidence or support?

try punching a hammer stick out tongue

SoulDevourer
ok ima admit : its DC canon

(no shit. lol)

-Pr-
Do you feel that it's canon to both marvel and dc or just dc?

both. we just don't use it on the forum.

quanchi112
both. we just don't use it on the forum. I agree. I don't see why we don't use it on the board. I can't remember where I saw it on herochat but somewhere I saw a link to some editor backing it up it being canon to marvel.

Spire
I asked you for one feat. You can't even do that. Then you countered and I gave you one awesome feat from Thor to contend with. Your response give me another Thor feat. That's called dodging.

I'm asking for another feat.

Whether Superman fist is 100 times weaker has nothing to with anything.

Do you have another feat?

-Pr-
I agree. I don't see why we don't use it on the board. I can't remember where I saw it on herochat but somewhere I saw a link to some editor backing it up it being canon to marvel.

we don't use it because we'd prefer people used in-universe comic books rather than crossovers, canon or not.

quanchi112
I'm asking for another feat.

Whether Superman fist is 100 times weaker has nothing to with anything.

Do you have another feat? I asked you for one feat. You can't even name one so that means this ends with me naming one feat to your lack of feats. 1-0. Keep dodging.

Spire
I asked you for one feat. You can't even name one so that means this ends with me naming one feat to your lack of feats. 1-0. Keep dodging.

Why is it so hard to understand. Whether or not Superman's fist is 1000x weaker.... whatever.

carver9
we don't use it because we'd prefer people used in-universe comic books rather than crossovers, canon or not.

So since you say that its cannon you believe that ironman can drop superman with a repulsor ray since he almost koed him in that story with one? confused

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
So since you say that its cannon you believe that ironman can drop superman with a repulsor ray since he almost koed him in that story with one? confused

It's canon. It doesn't mean that there weren't massive amounts of PIS in it or low showings.

carver9
Superman fist=Thor fist
Thor hammer shots>>>>Superman punches

carver9
It's canon. It doesn't mean that there weren't massive amounts of PIS in it or low showings.

The entire story was pis and it circled around Superman.

-Pr-
The entire story was pis and it circled around Superman.

it did not circle around him.

quanchi112
Why is it so hard to understand. Whether or not Superman's fist is 1000x weaker.... whatever.

Do you have another feat? You don't have one. When you even up the score I'll name another. Right now it's my one really impressive feat vs. nothing.Originally posted by -Pr-
we don't use it because we'd prefer people used in-universe comic books rather than crossovers, canon or not. I understand why I just feel it's silly not use something in continuity.

carver9
it did not circle around him.

To me it circled around him and honestly I dont see anything wrong with that since he is the hero's of all heros.

Spire
You don't have one. When you even up the score I'll name another. Right now it's my one really impressive feat vs. nothing.

What does any of that have to do with anything?

It's not a hard concept.

quanchi112
To me it circled around him and honestly I dont see anything wrong with that since he is the hero's of all heros. Nah. They spread it around, but I think you are thinking of the last issue where he's on the cover with Thor's hammer and Cap's shield. He probably got more play than anyone else, but I don't think the story centered around him.

At the end the heroes needed to work together to defeat this uber threat.

OneDumbG0
It's canon. It doesn't mean that there weren't massive amounts of PIS in it or low showings. uhuh Originally posted by OneDumbG0
... it is not canon. The scattered artifacts' locations makes JLA/Avengers impossible just as a canon story. Forget the stupidity that some of the fights showed. Most of the artifacts couldn't have been where they were at that approximate stage in history when JLA/Avengers supposedly took place...And yes, Mjolnir slam is more powerful than Superman punch.

quanchi112
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
uhuh And yes, Mjolnir slam is more powerful than Superman punch. I think a marvel editor did back it up as being canon. You can't just use sloppy writing as your only source of proof why it isn't canon.

OneDumbG0
I think a marvel editor did back it up as being canon. You can't just use sloppy writing as your only source of proof why it isn't canon. Not to my recollection, no. And being "sloppy, but true" would hold weight if we didn't have the perfectly reasonable alternative explanation that JLA/Avengers simply did not involve the 616-Universe but involved an alternate Marvel universe.

quanchi112
Not to my recollection, no. And being "sloppy, but true" would hold weight if we didn't have the perfectly reasonable alternative explanation that JLA/Avengers simply did not involve the 616-Universe but involved an alternate Marvel universe. Who stated this?

-Pr-
You don't have one. When you even up the score I'll name another. Right now it's my one really impressive feat vs. nothing. I understand why I just feel it's silly not use something in continuity.

so do many other people. that doesnt mean we should allow it, though.

To me it circled around him and honestly I dont see anything wrong with that since he is the hero's of all heros.

it was more about the artifacts than anything else, to me.

quanchi112
so do many other people. that doesnt mean we should allow it, though.

it was more about the artifacts than anything else, to me. K.

Juntai
Not to my recollection, no. And being "sloppy, but true" would hold weight if we didn't have the perfectly reasonable alternative explanation that JLA/Avengers simply did not involve the 616-Universe but involved an alternate Marvel universe. Except that instances involving the story were written into character bios in the Marvel Handbooks. Such as Pulsar and Gamesmaster.

OneDumbG0
^ Off-handed throw-away lines in bios don't overrule on-panel proof. And the on-panel proof that certain artifacts couldn't have been where they were in JLA/Avengers is undeniable. Hence, it did not involve 616-Universe.Originally posted by quanchi112
Who stated this? It's the only reasonable explanation considering the circumstances. Same as how Spawn/Batman didn't involve New Earth Batman either.

-Pr-
Also, ODG's argument is exactly why we don't use it on the forum, even if people believe it's canon. we don't want pages and pages to be devoted to arguing something's canonicity...

psycho gundam
oh god, who the hell felt the need to bring up that phucking cross-over?

OneDumbG0
^ Just when I was preparing a long-winded essay. uhuh

... not really. biscuits

Ok, back on topic. Here's one example of the power of a Mjolnir slam. In Thor #388, he tries to attack the Celestial called Exitar, the Exterminator. Although Exitar's durability absorbs the blow and only a small hole is created, the shockwaves are pretty well-described and are some indication of its power:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir114-StrikingPower388.jpg

celeyhyga17
Sick sick feat.... Kinda, sorta has a speedfeat there (reflex wise) since he's spinning Mjolnir at superhuman speeds. interesting....

xJLxKing
Those days are gone.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^That isn't the only time Thor's broken through Celestial Armor. Here a pissed off, non amped Thor breaks through Celestial armor in a single blow.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsCelestials1.jpg

In the last page, it shrugged off a blow from the Odin Destroyer armor that could shatter planets.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsCelestial7.jpg

To add to this thread before I go:

Thor shatters through reality:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ShattersReality1.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ShattersReality2.jpg

Shakes the heavens with a blow. It's stated if they were on Asgard the blow would have turned it into dust.
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ShakestheHeavens.jpg

His blows with the Destroyer shake all of Asgard.
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsDestroyer31.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsDestroyer32.jpg

Hits with planet shattering force.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Aplanetbuster.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Aplanetbuster4.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Aplanetbuster5.jpg

Can tear apart a world.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/Aplanetbuster2.jpg

His fists can wreck worlds.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AplanetBuster3.jpg

He has more impressive feats, but I'm on my laptop and I don't have them on the hard drive unfortunately.

-Pr-
I think it's safe to say Thor is a planet buster, like most high heralds really should be.

SoulDevourer
^ Just when I was preparing a long-winded essay. uhuh

... not really. biscuits

Ok, back on topic. Here's one example of the power of a Mjolnir slam. In Thor #388, he tries to attack the Celestial called Exitar, the Exterminator. Although Exitar's durability absorbs the blow and only a small hole is created, the shockwaves are pretty well-described and are some indication of its power:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir114-StrikingPower388.jpg cool btw this also prove he dint hit that adamatium bar with his full power back in the lab

OneDumbG0
Those days are gone. Only by using a baseless, completely artificial and convenient suggestion that only the past 20 years of Thor from 1989-2009 exist in Marvel continuity and thus a feat from 1988 (like the one above) magically vanishes like a leprechaun and has been declared by you to have never happened.

h1a8
A non-holding back Superman punches harder. Punching through dimensions under his own power is saying something, as well as casually punching a 1600lb being through two harder than steel thick walls AFTER REACHING SPACE.

But Thor is not far behind. Especially knowing that the hammer cheats for Thor and supplies extra strength to Thor's own when Thor is swinging it. This is because the hammer can move on its own as if it is living, all based on Thor's command of it.

Also one must know that for Thor to hit really really hard he must hurl the hammer faster and faster before delivering the hit. This is like someone receiving a running start. Don't let Superman get a running start.

D_Dude1210
^Quit it with all the theories and assumptions please. Post best hitting feat before making conclusions.

Can someone please post Superman's best punching feats? And not FLYING-into-something-with-hands-extended feats. Punching feats as the thread title specifies.

Also, can we include BRB feats as Thor hitting feats (as they are both equal)?

thanos-prime
thor

Warlord
Only by using a baseless, completely artificial and convenient suggestion that only the past 20 years of Thor from 1989-2009 exist in Marvel continuity and thus a feat from 1988 (like the one above) magically vanishes like a leprechaun and has been declared by you to have never happened.

thumb up

-Pr-
Only by using a baseless, completely artificial and convenient suggestion that only the past 20 years of Thor from 1989-2009 exist in Marvel continuity and thus a feat from 1988 (like the one above) magically vanishes like a leprechaun and has been declared by you to have never happened.

who said they did?

Originally posted by D_Dude1210
^Quit it with all the theories and assumptions please. Post best hitting feat before making conclusions.

Can someone please post Superman's best punching feats? And not FLYING-into-something-with-hands-extended feats. Punching feats as the thread title specifies.

Also, can we include BRB feats as Thor hitting feats (as they are both equal)?

punching through john stewart's construct that was designed to hold him. hurting darkseid, mongul, doomsday, wonder woman. punching captain marvel from california to hawaii with such force that it still left a sonic boom when he reached hawaii. punching earth 2 superman so hard that reality was damaged during IC. beating the last brainiac.

thats off the top of my head.

D_Dude1210
punching through john stewart's construct that was designed to hold him.

Not really all that impressive considering the feats it is being compared to.

hurting darkseid, mongul, doomsday, wonder woman.

Thor has KOd the Surfer, hurt Thanos, the Destroyer, the big G and damaged the armor of a freakin Celestial with his hammer. The people above don't compare.

punching captain marvel from california to hawaii with such force that it still left a sonic boom when he reached hawaii.

Thor's impact on the Celestial armor caused enough shockwaves that smashed nearby mountains and reverberated throughout the whole planet. This feat really doesn't compare.

punching earth 2 superman so hard that reality was damaged during IC. beating the last brainiac.

Thing is, we can't quantify this feat as we don't know how much power is needed to damage reality. TBH, the force needed for reality-rending has been portrayed kind of inconsistently these days. Can we see a scan of this so we can asses context?

I think based on feats, Thor wins hands down.

psycho gundam
just pick the hardest one

-Pr-
Not really all that impressive considering the feats it is being compared to.

Thor has KOd the Surfer, hurt Thanos, the Destroyer, the big G and damaged the armor of a freakin Celestial with his hammer. The people above don't compare.

Thor's impact on the Celestial armor caused enough shockwaves that smashed nearby mountains and reverberated throughout the whole planet. This feat really doesn't compare.

Thing is, we can't quantify this feat as we don't know how much power is needed to damage reality. TBH, the force needed for reality-rending has been portrayed kind of inconsistently these days. Can we see a scan of this so we can asses context?

I think based on feats, Thor wins hands down.

facepalm

he gave infinity man trouble. that good enough for you?

Warlord
now we are getting beyond hrdest hits I see

D_Dude1210
facepalm

he gave infinity man trouble. that good enough for you?

I read Infinity Man's respect thread, his showings seem inconsistent, at best. I wouldn't put him near Galactus (who also has inconsistent showings) in power levels (unless you have something that proves otherwise, of course.).

Also, what's with the facepalm? I merely rebutted your presented feats with known Thor feats, if you have an issue with the comparisons that were presented or the conculsions made, then make it an argument. :-p

Edit. Besides, I thought ABC logic wasn't the best form of argumentation around here...

-Pr-
I read Infinity Man's respect thread, his showings seem inconsistent, at best. I wouldn't put him near Galactus (who also has inconsistent showings) in power levels (unless you have something that proves otherwise, of course.).

Also, what's with the facepalm? I merely rebutted your presented feats with known Thor feats, if you have an issue with the comparisons that were presented or the conculsions made, then make it an argument. :-p

Edit. Besides, I thought ABC logic wasn't the best form of argumentation around here...

rebutted =/= dismissed

people asked for examples, i provided examples. there are probably better ones, but that was literally off the top of my head.

who's using ABC logic?

D_Dude1210
rebutted =/= dismissed

I didn't dismiss them at all (other than the GL one), just provided feats that I believe are better than the ones you presented w/c is standard rebuttal in any kind of vs feat debate. How can you even call what I did "dismissing"?

people asked for examples, i provided examples. there are probably better ones, but that was literally off the top of my head.

W/c is why I provided my own examples. I don't begrudge you for providing examples, I actually consider it the standard debating medium for this kind of thread.

I just don't think I deserve the facepalm there. :-/ especially with h1a8 just one post above me...

who's using ABC logic?

I consider all "he hurt X, so the Y must be more powerful than Z" arguments to be ABC logic. My understanding on the definition of "ABC logic" could be wrong tho and I would like to be corrected if it is. ^_^

Warlord

I just don't think I deserve the facepalm there. :-/

Yeah it wasn't actually a facepalm post smokin'

-Pr-
I didn't dismiss them at all (other than the GL one), just provided feats that I believe are better than the ones you presented w/c is standard rebuttal in any kind of vs feat debate. How can you even call what I did "dismissing"?

W/c is why I provided my own examples. I don't begrudge you for providing examples, I actually consider it the standard debating medium for this kind of thread.

I just don't think I deserve the facepalm there. :-/ especially with h1a8 just one post above me...

I consider all "he hurt X, so the Y must be more powerful than Z" arguments to be ABC logic. My understanding on the definition of "ABC logic" could be wrong tho and I would like to be corrected if it is. ^_^

dismissing the gl one at all is actually something i can't believe. why would you dismiss that of all of them given john's other feats?

honestly, i tend not to read h1a8's posts that much anymore.

i never said any of that, though.

Priest
Thor ftw.

Philosophía
OneDumbGo certainly bring enlightment to everybody.

The writer's intention, it being acknowledged by Marvel Handbooks involving 616 characters and the story continuing in DC titles, common sense and logic aren't enough because he wants to know how was it possible that all of those objects were there, otherwise he dismisses it as alternate reality.

I shouldn't be, but sometimes even I am surprised by what I see on this board. This even beats "Thor is faster than instant" or "That wasn't Henshaw that was being thrown by Superboy Prime along Anti-Monitor, it was just Anti-Monitor's skeleton".

OneDumbG0
^ I try. And although -Pr- doesn't care for pages to be devoted to this issue, if those items couldn't be where they were in that story, that overrides a throw-away line from a Marvel handbook that makes an allusion to JLA/Avengers. Sorry, but the story continuing on in DC titles might make it arguable that it's canon to DC, but that doesn't hold weight as to whether it's canon to Marvel. It's as attenuated as suggesting that Spawn's continuing shoelace face from a batarang makes it canon that Batman visited the Image Universe. I suggest that you try using on-panel proof that it was 616-Marvel involved rather than throw-away allusions in handbooks and inaposite consequences from the DC Universe to rebut the on-panel proof presented in the story. Maybe try applying that common sense? Originally posted by -Pr-
who said they did?xJLxKing alluded to it. Originally posted by -Pr-
dismissing the gl one at all is actually something i can't believe. why would you dismiss that of all of them given john's other feats?Yeah, it's impressive... but GL shields have been broken by different ranges of physical force, so it's kinda hard to quantify it.

Philosophía
Since we're on the common sense of things, would you say that the writer, companies and story implications was that this was an alternate universe version of the Avengers ?

Apparently just because the writer didn't specifically adress every single detail of the story and how it fits into the other ones Universe, in this case 'how were the items there ?' it means everybody can go all 'Hey, I'll just rule it as non-canon/alternate universe then!'.

Edit:
This made me laugh pretty hard:Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Sorry, but the story continuing on in DC titles might make it arguable that it's canon to DC, but that doesn't hold weight as to whether it's canon to Marvel.

Zeuodin
^ Off-handed throw-away lines in bios don't overrule on-panel proof. And the on-panel proof that certain artifacts couldn't have been where they were in JLA/Avengers is undeniable. Hence, it did not involve 616-Universe.It's the only reasonable explanation considering the circumstances. Same as how Spawn/Batman didn't involve New Earth Batman either.
There is only one UN. It had to have been the 616.

-Pr-
^ I try. And although -Pr- doesn't care for pages to be devoted to this issue, if those items couldn't be where they were in that story, that overrides a throw-away line from a Marvel handbook that makes an allusion to JLA/Avengers. Sorry, but the story continuing on in DC titles might make it arguable that it's canon to DC, but that doesn't hold weight as to whether it's canon to Marvel. It's as attenuated as suggesting that Spawn's continuing shoelace face from a batarang makes it canon that Batman visited the Image Universe. I suggest that you try using on-panel proof that it was 616-Marvel involved rather than throw-away allusions in handbooks and inaposite consequences from the DC Universe to rebut the on-panel proof presented in the story. Maybe try applying that common sense? xJLxKing alluded to it. Yeah, it's impressive... but GL shields have been broken by different ranges of physical force, so it's kinda hard to quantify it.

john thought superman was trying to kill him. he put up a shield. i'd say it's a pretty high end feat for Superman, personally, considering what GL shields have contained.

Zeuodin
john thought superman was trying to kill him. he put up a shield. i'd say it's a pretty high end feat for Superman, personally, considering what GL shields have contained.
I thought it took near superman lvl strength to break a GL construct by physical force.

Kris Blaze
lol at people still discussing the crossover.

Lord Feron

Though I have to give Quan some respect. Showing scans out of context to prove an point is quite cunning big grin.

wow one night and bam this thread explodes... um vision was able to give him power back no?

... i skimmed through the post until here and people did speak about it but whatever I think people are past my conversationa nd im not going to read them all so.

Have fun yall. big grin

Lord Feron

im a bit surprised to, i personally don't like cross overs but i can see how some people are argue for it.

Philosophía

Are you lol'ing at me, son ?

Saying that it shouldn't be used as a primary argument and that it's not admissable on the forum is one thing. But going all 'It's an alternate universe version of the avengers!' is pretty idiotic. It's the latter part that I have a problem with.

OneDumbG0
Philosophia: You can try to skirt around the impossibility of JLA/Avengers all you want. Just try not to be so facetious about the notion of a crossover being canon to one universe and not the other when this is not an astonishingly new idea. If it is to you, then newsflash: All of Image's crossovers with DC and Marvel are canon to Image, but not to DC and Marvel. Which means that the DC and Marvel characters present in those crossovers were alternate reality versions, even though it's not outright stated. Shocker, I know. Originally posted by Zeuodin
There is only one UN. It had to have been the 616. There are alternate reality UN's. Read current Fantastic Four. Originally posted by jasofisc
john thought superman was trying to kill him. he put up a shield. i'd say it's a pretty high end feat for Superman, personally, considering what GL shields have contained.Yes, but John Stewart sucks. If it was Guy Gardner's shield... it might have been more impressive. shifty

Zeuodin
Indestructible Hammer vs Superman's nearly Indestructible Fist. Just on the surface alone, The hammer hits harder. It also swings. bats hit baseballs harder and farther than a fist ever could base upon leverage. The fact that Thor can swing the hammer so fast makes it even more reasonable to assume the Hammer hits Far Far harder than superman Can punch. The only way I see Superman matching a blow from The Hammer is to get a really good start far away and fly punch. Thor's Hammer>>>>Superman's First>>>>>Thor's Fist.

quanchi112
^ Off-handed throw-away lines in bios don't overrule on-panel proof. And the on-panel proof that certain artifacts couldn't have been where they were in JLA/Avengers is undeniable. Hence, it did not involve 616-Universe.It's the only reasonable explanation considering the circumstances. Same as how Spawn/Batman didn't involve New Earth Batman either. I think a marvel editor has actually stated it's canon to the marvel universe though.Originally posted by xJLxKing
Those days are gone. No, they aren't. As if you would know anyways like you ever picked up a Thor comic in your life.

facepalm

he gave infinity man trouble. that good enough for you? I don't really think he gave him trouble. He was a minor nuisance and easily dealt with. Supes said his planet shattering punches would hurt him given the time. That means anyone's planet shattering punches/strikes would do so. I guess by the words in the book Glads/Terrax could have posed a threat as well. Supes can destroy a planet with his fists, but I don't see anyone denying that.

-Pr-
Philosophia: You can try to skirt around the impossibility of JLA/Avengers all you want. Just try not to be so facetious about the notion of a crossover being canon to one universe and not the other when this is not an astonishingly new idea. If it is to you, then newsflash: All of Image's crossovers with DC and Marvel are canon to Image, but not to DC and Marvel. Which means that the DC and Marvel characters present in those crossovers were alternate reality versions, even though it's not outright stated. Shocker, I know. There are alternate reality UN's. Read current Fantastic Four. Yes, but John Stewart sucks. If it was Guy Gardner's shield... it might have been more impressive. shifty

facepalm

I think a marvel editor has actually stated it's canon to the marvel universe though. No, they aren't. As if you would know anyways like you ever picked up a Thor comic in your life.

I don't really think he gave him trouble. He was a minor nuisance and easily dealt with. Supes said his planet shattering punches would hurt him given the time. That means anyone's planet shattering punches/strikes would do so. I guess by the words in the book Glads/Terrax could have posed a threat as well. Supes can destroy a planet with his fists, but I don't see anyone denying that.

facepalmfacepalm

i actually wish i could put you on ignore sometimes. sad

OneDumbG0
^ Be careful. Face-palming anything to do with the awesomeness of Guy Gardner violates the 16th rule of the Book of Oa. uhuh

quanchi112
facepalm

facepalmfacepalm

i actually wish i could put you on ignore sometimes. sad Like I said he was just a minor nuisance. Infinity Man wasn't there to defeat him and when Superman persisted in this struggle Infinity Man easily contained him. His punches were capable of shattering planets which isn't anything we haven't seen discussed in narration previously to this.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/DOTNG7p06.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/DOTNG7p07.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/DOTNG7p08-1.jpg

Nihilist
No contest Thor easily, Superman cant even come close here.

Warlord
hammer

Batman-Prime
Supes punched the Black Racer hard enough, so the moon was forever scarred. He stated that he can shatter planets. So I put his punch >= Thor's Hammerhit.

Kris Blaze
Supes punched the Black Racer hard enough, so the moon was forever scarred. He stated that he can shatter planets. So I put his punch >= Thor's Hammerhit.
Because Thor's hammer hits have actually shattered planets? no expression

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>