Did Obi wan forget about leia?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Obi wan knew about the twins in EP 3 so why did he say to yoda that boy is our last hope ?

Did he forget about leia ? confused

General G
Well...this was A LONG TIME AGO right? Well, a long time ago, women were thought of as sammich makers and house cleaners. Maybe OB1 was a sexist and thought Leia's place was in the kitchen, and not on the field killing Sith?

JediRobin23
no credit to a women

General G
Maybe she wasn't good at making sammiches...and so she wasn't allowed in the kitchen...so they gave her a blaster and out to fight the Empire...

Bladewind
Maybe Luke was more force-sensitive than Leia.

steverules_2
Originally posted by General G
Well...this was A LONG TIME AGO right? Well, a long time ago, women were thought of as sammich makers and house cleaners. Maybe OB1 was a sexist and thought Leia's place was in the kitchen, and not on the field killing Sith?

No, there were female jedi in Ep. III and in Ep. II i believe, he probably believed that Leia was too old to be taught in the ways of the Jedi and so he believed that Luke at the time was possibly the last hope they had left since he was pretty well taught in the ways of the force...just a guess though

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by steverules_2
No, there were female jedi in Ep. III and in Ep. II i believe, he probably believed that Leia was too old to be taught in the ways of the Jedi and so he believed that Luke at the time was possibly the last hope they had left since he was pretty well taught in the ways of the force...just a guess though

Luke was also too old. Yoda said it himself.

roughrider
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar

Yes well, desperate times require desperate measures.

Luke couldn't get the traditional training Obi Wan got, what with the Jedi Order outlawed under penalty of death. Luke had an aptitude he never developed until Obi Wan gave him a crash course, then began to advise him from the spirit world (I wonder if he taught Luke's subconscious mind while asleep? That would be interesting.)

steverules_2
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar

Yeah but he still started before Leia did, both are the same age apart from the odd minute between them, my guess is that he still thought there was a chance with Leia after seeing the skill that Luke had shown even though he was too old and plus Leia would be their last chance if Luke had died, Obi Wan may have not realised this but it's just a shot in the dark

General G
Maybe it was just OB1 that was sexist.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...maybe he just darned forgot because the guy was old. Or maybe he was only thinking of Luke when he said that, because Leia didn't seem like the Jedi type to him. *shrug*

Bladewind
Maybe because Leia was monitored due to being a Senator.

steverules_2
Maybe it's because Lucas f*cked up with the PT

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Maybe it's because Lucas f*cked up with the PT

there's always that....

let's give the big guy the benefit of the doubt?

steverules_2
The man who gave us Jar Jar Binks

Jaeh.is.Awesome
The man who gave us Jar Jar Binks

stop pwning me darnit!

steverules_2
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
stop pwning me darnit!

There was a scorpion once who wanted to cross a river, he saw a fox and said 'will you carry me across this river?' The fox said 'If I did that, you'll sting me.' The scorpion replied, 'well if I did that we'd both die.' So the fox thought about and decided to carry the scorpion across the river, half way across the scorpion stung the fox, as the poison started to kill the fox he questioned the scorpion 'why did you do that? now we'll both die.' And the scorpion said 'I can't help it, it's in my nature.'

There's your answer, if you don't understand then I guess that'll be another pwning from me to you wink

Jaeh.is.Awesome
There was a scorpion once who wanted to cross a river, he saw a fox and said 'will you carry me across this river?' The fox said 'If I did that, you'll sting me.' The scorpion replied, 'well if I did that we'd both die.' So the fox thought about and decided to carry the scorpion across the river, half way across the scorpion stung the fox, as the poison started to kill the fox he questioned the scorpion 'why did you do that? now we'll both die.' And the scorpion said 'I can't help it, it's in my nature.'

There's your answer, if you don't understand then I guess that'll be another pwning from me to you wink

I get the point. stick out tongue but...

so now you're comparing yourself to a poisonous scorpion? confused awesome analogy. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

JediRobin23

I dont get it. Why didn't the scorpion tell him in it was his nature in the first place

General G

That is very similar to an old story that Native Americans have, only it is about a rattlesnake and is during a boy's "becoming of a man" when they have to go out into the wild on their own for a certain amount of time. The snake talked him into picking it up and the boy asked the snake why he bit him...the snake replied, "you knew what I was when you picked me up"

K-Dog
Perhaps he thought Leia was a seductive skank like her mom who did it with a Jedi when she knew Jedi were forbidden to do it.

Shey Tapani
No actually he tries to protect the secret of her birth in the EU.

Bespin Bart
Originally posted by Bladewind
Maybe because Leia was monitored due to being a Senator.

This makes sense.

Anakin4Ever
Obi-Wan probably liked the idea of a possible new and single Chosen One.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
I get the point. stick out tongue but...

so now you're comparing yourself to a poisonous scorpion? confused awesome analogy. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

In a way yes stick out tongue I'm just saying whats in my nature, it was used in star trek when voyager was teaming up with the borg and the borg said they wouldn't try to assimilate the ship...assimilating is in a borgs nature (I know people are unhappy that I speak star trek on star wars ground)

headless robot
i think it's called bad story writing and coming up with poor solutions.

Anakin_the_Hutt
Obi-Wan and Yoda had already invested in Luke...using him as an instrument to destroy Darth Vader and the Emperor.

He was lied to from the beginning - he was never told the truth. Luke confronting Vader and learning of his heritage wasn't "part of the plan."

IF Luke died, Obi-Wan felt his "failure" would be complete. Yoda, on the other hand, felt that all hope wouldn't necessarily be lost.

All Luke and Leia are to these Jedi are "tools" to rectify the sins of their past.

Luke eventually started thinking for himself and came up with his own solution: SAVE his father.

overlord
Originally posted by JediRobin23
no credit to a women WORD

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Bladewind
Maybe Luke was more force-sensitive than Leia.

That is the case according the the EU. However, i think the best answer as to why Obi-Wan and Yoda is that GL made the OT first, then 30years later made the PT - therefore giving time for him to forget his story and make mistakes (aka retcons)

overlord
they just knew, lets keep it at that

Mr Parker
Yeah but he still started before Leia did, both are the same age apart from the odd minute between them, my guess is that he still thought there was a chance with Leia after seeing the skill that Luke had shown even though he was too old and plus Leia would be their last chance if Luke had died, Obi Wan may have not realised this but it's just a shot in the dark

yeah thats probably it,That Yoda trusted Bens word that Luke could learn it even though he was too old because he DID get a taste of it in the original film when Ben was teaching him on the falcon.Having some experience learning from Ben,I assume Yoda trusted him enough that Luke could be taught where Leia had no experience from it whatsoever.Like someone said,desperate times call for desperate measures.Yoda did look at Luke and was able to see in the future that Luke would become a jedi knight after all.

InfernoJG95
Some guy was asking If ben trained in his sleep by ghosty wan kenobi, well I guess it's possible and on wookiepedia and this explains about why obi wan can't interfere with luke v vader is because in the Splinter of the minds eye luke fights vader and slices his arm off and I mean whole arm from the socket and basical beats the shit out of vader and luke says I am obi wan implying obi wan possesed luke cause later as luke and leia escape luke passes out and doesn't remember the owning so the training in his sleep is possible

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.