Smallville: Absolute Justice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Vicious

The Pict
I'd prefer getting more of Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman and Canary rather than a slew of new characters who will probably never re-appear again.
That said I am really looking forward to Smallville's return. And the JSA will no doubt make things a bit more exciting. I'm tired of the Kandorians and Zod already.

-Pr-
I'm a big fan of Michael Shanks (from Stargate and Burn Notice), so i'm confident he can play a good Hawkman. I haven't seen any of the current season, though, so i have no idea if this is going to be any good...

The Pict
Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm a big fan of Michael Shanks (from Stargate and Burn Notice), so i'm confident he can play a good Hawkman. I haven't seen any of the current season, though, so i have no idea if this is going to be any good...

It's okay. Not making up for the dismal ending of last season though. Zod is pretty much the worst villain so far. He's just like a soldier with no powers at all. There is so much overacting going into him as well. The way he speaks is ridiculous.
And they are underusing Chloe. Every episode is the same. She stays in the Watchtower hacking.

However they are making more progress with Clark. And there isn't kryptonite every where he goes.

Badabing
I'm a big fan of Michael Shanks (from Stargate and Burn Notice), so i'm confident he can play a good Hawkman. I haven't seen any of the current season, though, so i have no idea if this is going to be any good... Originally posted by The Pict
It's okay. Not making up for the dismal ending of last season though. Zod is pretty much the worst villain so far. He's just like a soldier with no powers at all. There is so much overacting going into him as well. The way he speaks is ridiculous.
And they are underusing Chloe. Every episode is the same. She stays in the Watchtower hacking.

However they are making more progress with Clark. And there isn't kryptonite every where he goes. Oh, it's you two again... facepalm

Neo_Version 7
I wouldn't go so far as to say Zod is the worst villain of all time, but he does irritate me whenever he is on-screen.

As for the movie, I'm excited. I'm sure it won't be on the level of the original Justice episode; but I like to be proven wrong.

The Pict
Originally posted by Badabing
Oh, it's you two again... facepalm

I still hate Lois uhuh

Darth Vicious
Im digging the costumes. More pics:

http://www.collider.com/2009/11/27/first-images-from-smallvilles-two-hour-justice-league-episode-absolute-justice-penned-by-geoff-johns/

warduria
Great link, thansk for sharing.

Badabing
Originally posted by The Pict
I still hate Lois uhuh ohno

ahuh

-Pr-
I still hate Lois uhuh

same here.

Allankles

laughing

Yeah. The guy speaks like he's got a sponge and glassful of soap in his mouth. Unbelievable.

Kinneary
Am I the only one who finds those costumes horrible?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kinneary
Am I the only one who finds those costumes horrible?

hawkman should be shirtless imo, but i don't mind. i'm kind of "meh" on the others, tbh.

snoopdogg
When do new episodes start to air again?

Digi
I just watched it. Gotta say, I've never been a Smallville fan, and have only seen occasional episodes before Absolute Justice. But I'm a sucker for the JSA, and saw the preview in a comic, so I watched it.

And damn them to hell for teasing us with so many DC tie-ins (particularly the JSA old-timers and Checkmate collecting old JSA villains) but I may need to start watching a bit more of this.

Digi
Also. A tear came down my cheek in laughter when Johns had J'onn quote Infinite Crisis. Good times.

BruceSkywalker
first time in a while watching smallville, but i liked absolute justice..

now if only bruce wayne could appear before the very final ep of smallville that be cool...

shanks was good

Placidity
Hell yes, the Martian Manhunter is back!

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/54/76083-149782-martian-manhunter_large.jpg

He is one of my all time favorite characters and the most badass character on Smallville ever.

This episode proves it (also the best parts of the episode of course):

http://i50.tinypic.com/2lcw5dh.jpg

"One of the strongest beings on the planet"

An understatement, but I'll let it fly, this show is about Superman after all.

http://i46.tinypic.com/xc63af.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/kaibo1.jpg

Dr Fate restores his powers, revealing his true form.

http://i48.tinypic.com/v7xsm9.jpg

Kicks Icicle's ass

http://i47.tinypic.com/2gy3uy0.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/4uceur.jpg

Oh yea, Predator-style intangibility, what you gonna do Iceboy?

Favorite quote: " I'm Mar's sole survivor - Theres a reason for that"

zomg zomg zomg

/end Martian Manhunter worship

ankur29
J'onn is awesome!!!

-Pr-
Originally posted by Digi
I just watched it. Gotta say, I've never been a Smallville fan, and have only seen occasional episodes before Absolute Justice. But I'm a sucker for the JSA, and saw the preview in a comic, so I watched it.

And damn them to hell for teasing us with so many DC tie-ins (particularly the JSA old-timers and Checkmate collecting old JSA villains) but I may need to start watching a bit more of this.

johns makes smallville watchable. he should write every episode.

Originally posted by Digi
Also. A tear came down my cheek in laughter when Johns had J'onn quote Infinite Crisis. Good times.

best moment of the episode. i rewound it back just to hear him say it again.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
first time in a while watching smallville, but i liked absolute justice..

now if only bruce wayne could appear before the very final ep of smallville that be cool...

shanks was good

the only issue i had with shanks was the voice. otherwise he was great imo.

BruceSkywalker

i was gonna say this..

best moment of the episode. i rewound it back just to hear him say it again.

yeah i agree, he couldve came up woth a better voice for hawkman

Placidity

It was pretty much Bale's Batman voice.

-Pr-
I wonder what they're going to do about Apokolips, though.

are we finally gonna see a live action Darkseid?

and honestly, is there any way they could do it without f*cking it up all together?

BruceSkywalker

and honestly, is there any way they could do it without f*cking it up all together?

they will most likely frack it up

Allankles

As a 4th world fan this teaser was mouth watering, I hope to the heavens they don't screw this up. I'm not holding my breath on the costumes, but I hope they can at least get the script and voice acting right.

I would hire Ironside to reprise his voice acting on DS at least.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.