Perverted Dreamers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thundar
The perverted dreamers of Jude..what are they? Would you consider them lucid dreamers? Would you consider them men or angels? Personally, I think I would consider them to be anyone who wills people into dreams to perform perverse sexual activities on them...confused
Feel free to discuss.. smile

ArtificialGlory
What?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
What?

Exactly what I was thinking. big grin

King Kandy
I wouldn't consider them lucid dreamers. I'd consider them bizarre hallucinations you probably dreamed up after too much acid.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
What?

Some of the people in Sodom and Gomorrah were referred to as "filthy dreamers".

inimalist
Originally posted by King Kandy
I wouldn't consider them lucid dreamers. I'd consider them bizarre hallucinations you probably dreamed up after too much acid.

man, acid gets such a bad rap...

King Kandy
Nah, not really... I'd actually be in favor of legalizing it. I just tossed that out there for jokes.

inimalist
I'd actually be in favor of legalizing it.

the question is, would you get on the bus?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist

One driven by a guy who just took LSD? Because that's totally what would happen if you legalized LSD, bus drivers would take it before they started their shifts.

inimalist
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
One driven by a guy who just took LSD? Because that's totally what would happen if you legalized LSD, bus drivers would take it before they started their shifts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merry_Pranksters

lil bitchiness

They wouldn't have been on acid. Other things maybe, but certainly not acid.

King Kandy
Hell yeah.

Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test is pretty much my favorite book.

Mindship
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
They wouldn't have been on acid. Other things maybe, but certainly not acid.
'Shrooms?

inimalist
Originally posted by Thundar
The perverted dreamers of Jude..what are they? Would you consider them lucid dreamers? Would you consider them men or angels? Personally, I think I would consider them to be anyone who wills people into dreams to perform perverse sexual activities on them...confused
Feel free to discuss.. smile

http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/jude/jude.htm

From the United States Confederacy of Catholic Bishops

Basically, the "dreamers" were people in the early history of the church who were using church gatherings to foster support for their own interpretations of canon.

"dreamer" refers to the fact that they apparently dream of sin, or lust after things. It might refer to them being false prophets, and their revelations being "dreams", but the way it flows from the line they are mentioned seems to infer that it is more about lusting for sin than about anything to do with the actual act of dreaming.

Hell yeah.

Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test is pretty much my favorite book.

shit ya

I wish there was still a movement like that today... "Open your mind" seems to mean "believe this nonsense instead of that other nonsense" these days

Originally posted by Mindship
'Shrooms?

I can't imagine they were on much... All they wanted was sin

King Kandy
shit ya

I wish there was still a movement like that today... "Open your mind" seems to mean "believe this nonsense instead of that other nonsense" these days
Well, get working. Ken Kesey didn't get it started by sitting on his ass. Write some books and play some mind pranks.

inimalist
blah

you get thorns
Yet these false teachers, who claim authority from their dreams, live immoral lives, defy authority, and scoff at the power of the glorious ones.

The angels mentioned here are not angels of God. Instead these angels could be those who had previously fallen with Satan. Some think that these angels could be the sons of God of Gen. 6:2, who took on human form and married women before the Flood. According to this interpretation, these perverted angels were condemned by God to chains and darkness and are presently awaiting the final judgment of Satan and all his angels.

Jude cites the history of Sodom and Gomorrah to enforce his moral view. Throughout Scripture these cities are symbolic of divine judgment executed by fire.
The false teachers had their own agenda for they had not been commissioned by the church nor called by the Holy Spirit. Jude calls these ungodly persons dreamers, perhaps because they claimed divine revelation, but more likely because they denied the Lord and thus were living in an unreal world of deception. They were creating their own false world in which indulging in immorality went hand in hand with salvation. The false teachers even rejected those who were placed leaders in local congregations. They not only preferred error to truth but also demeaned and rejected those who taught the truth.

They call them *******.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.