thor vs darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
thor vs darkseid who wins ?

xJLxKing
DS with OE and OB

BattleMage
OFT? RKT? Classic Thor?

chomperx9
Originally posted by BattleMage
OFT? RKT? Classic Thor? OFT RKT ?

BattleMage
Originally posted by chomperx9
OFT RKT ? You know what i mean, Which version of Thor?

chomperx9
You know what i mean, Which version of Thor? classic thor

BattleMage
Darkseid 7/10

shokosugi
DS rapes Thor

D_Dude1210
And how exactly is DS going to get the majority from Thor when Supes has managed to beat DS down in a fistfight? :-/

Prep-Man
Darkseid on average.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
And how exactly is DS going to get the majority from Thor when Supes has managed to beat DS down in a fistfight? :-/

OB... shifty

yeah. right.... Thor ftw...

DS will try the OB and be shocked when Thor blocks it with his spinning hammer...

plot device vs Plot device =

then it becomes a full physical fight. a fight thor will win.
cool

SamZED
Originally posted by xJLxKing
DS with OE and OB Originally posted by BattleMage
OFT? RKT?... Until now I was under the impression that my english is pretty good, but I didnt understand a word from these posts... confused

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by SamZED
Until now I was under the impression that my english is pretty good, but I didnt understand a word from these posts... confused

DS = Darkseid

OB = Omega Beam

OE = Omega Effect

OFT = Odinforce Thor

RKT = Rune King Thor

Darkseid 10/10

Current/Classic Thor is neither powerful enough nor the icon Superman is to win this one.

Warlord
Darkseid

Lord Feron
Thor paints a S on his chest and all of sudden DS loses all hope.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
OB... shifty

DS will try the OB and be shocked when Thor blocks it with his spinning hammer...

cool What happens when the beams multiply and come at him in all directions? eek!

Lord Feron
Originally posted by iceman24567
What happens when the beams multiply and come at him in all directions? eek!

Think thor would spin like a top, i feel like he done that before to do some crazy things..

iceman24567
True which is kinda gay erm

Bouboumaster
It depends of the version of both

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Thor on average.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Think thor would spin like a top, i feel like he done that before to do some crazy things..

thor spins the hammer on his finger to create a force field or bats it right back at DS b4 it splits i see that happening more then likely... shifty

thor can just tosshis hammer and let it incircle thor or DS as a barrier. wink

check and mate. stick out tongue

quanchi112
Thor owns a solid majority. Ds's omega effect is the only chance he has but Thor has his hammer which can deflect or send it back to him ten fold. Thor wins 9 of 10.

lawest9
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
OB... shifty

cool Are you saying that Thor is as strong as Superman that he'll defeat DS in a fistfight?

quanchi112
Originally posted by lawest9
Are you saying that Thor is as strong as Superman that he'll defeat DS in a fistfight? Why couldn't he beat Ds in a fistfight?

chomperx9
Originally posted by lawest9
Are you saying that Thor is as strong as Superman that he'll defeat DS in a fistfight? which he is

Zeuodin
Originally posted by chomperx9
which he is
Thor is nearly as Strong as a Holding back Superman. He sure as hell isn't as fast or durable.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zeuodin
Thor is nearly as Strong as a Holding back Superman. He sure as hell isn't as fast or durable. How isn't he? He has the power in his fists to shatter planets, he can take on the Hulk with his strength despite the fact Hulk is getting stronger throughout the fight. Why can't Thor wreck his face just like Superman did?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor owns a solid majority. Ds's omega effect is the only chance he has but Thor has his hammer which can deflect or send it back to him ten fold. Thor wins 9 of 10.
It shouldn't work that way at all unfortunately the way DS has been written the last few years that would be exactly how it turns out. Along with Thor yelling "Yon Devil Darkseid! I Say Thee Nay!"
Also well written Darkseid should be way out of Thor's class strength wise. DS should never-ever lose to a non-amped Superman in a fistfight.

Omega Vision
How isn't he? He has the power in his fists to shatter planets, he can take on the Hulk with his strength despite the fact Hulk is getting stronger throughout the fight. Why can't Thor wreck his face just like Superman did?
Are you referring to the fight from Apokolips Now? I love how Darkseid forgot that he could still fire the Omega effect from his hands.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
It shouldn't work that way at all unfortunately the way DS has been written the last few years that would be exactly how it turns out. Along with Thor yelling "Yon Devil Darkseid! I Say Thee Nay!"
Also well written Darkseid should be way out of Thor's class strength wise. DS should never-ever lose to a non-amped Superman in a fistfight. Why is he out his league strength wise? What feats suggest this?Originally posted by Omega Vision
Are you referring to the fight from Apokolips Now? I love how Darkseid forgot that he could still fire the Omega effect from his hands. How often has he done that?

Omega Vision
Why is he out his league strength wise? What feats suggest this? How often has he done that?
Darkseid is consistently shown to be Orion's peer or superior in terms of strength. Most people agree that Orion could take Thor in pure h/h.
Also here's some examples of hand blasting:
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/action638-2122horus.jpg
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/adv459_46_ng.jpg
This one is not so much a blast as much as a death touch (still impressive):
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/new_gods2_012_23_rougher.jpg

The Nuul
Classic Thor wins but barely.

quanchi112
Darkseid is consistently shown to be Orion's peer or superior in terms of strength. Most people agree that Orion could take Thor in pure h/h.
Also here's some examples of hand blasting:
This one is not so much a blast as much as a death touch (still impressive):
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/new_gods2_012_23_rougher.jpg And? Orion isn't Thor's superior in terms of strength anyways so I fail to see your point. Ds blasting from his hands doesn't equate omega effect. He can blast from his hands but not the omega beams/effect on it's highest level. Nope. Sorry.

Thor has taken on the Hulk before whose strength constantly grows and more than kept up with him.

ColossusGrundy
Darkseid 9/10.

I give one to the spinning Thor toy, available in specially marked boxes.

Omega Vision
And? Orion isn't Thor's superior in terms of strength anyways so I fail to see your point. Ds blasting from his hands doesn't equate omega effect. He can blast from his hands but not the omega beams/effect on it's highest level. Nope. Sorry.

Thor has taken on the Hulk before whose strength constantly grows and more than kept up with him.
What would the blasts be otherwise? In case you don't realize Darkseid's only power that doesn't derive itself from the OE is his immortality. Any energy attack he uses is an Omega attack. Even if that weren't the case the hand blasts shown above are clearly powerful enough to seriously **** up Thor.

quanchi112
What would the blasts be otherwise? In case you don't realize Darkseid's only power that doesn't derive itself from the OE is his immortality. Any energy attack he uses is an Omega attack. Even if that weren't the case the hand blasts shown above are clearly powerful enough to seriously **** up Thor. Not at all. It has never been referred to as the omega effect or beams. It's merely an energy beam attack and nothing more.

Omega Vision
Not at all. It has never been referred to as the omega effect or beams. It's merely an energy beam attack and nothing more.
You're not listening. If Darkseid uses an energy attack its the Omega Effect. The OE takes many forms: heat, concussive energy, molecular/energy manipulation, and even low level reality warping. The beams from his eyes are really finder beams, more like a laser pointer than the actual "bullet" so to speak. Once the finder beams reach their target the Omega Effect occurs. That's why Wonder Woman reflecting the beams and hurting Darkseid is bullshit, that's why Superman flying around and treating the OB like a guided missile to be used to hit Darkseid is bullshit. If the writers understood or cared about the OE they wouldn't have done that. Kirby certainly would never have the OE hurting Darkseid.

Zeuodin
Also well written Darkseid should be way out of Thor's class strength wise. DS should never-ever lose to a non-amped Superman in a fistfight. There is a problem. DS would never Fight Thor hand to hand. He doesn't respect him enough to do so. he'd do Thor like he's done any other multi powered Threats such as Orion and IM. erase, bfr, Mind rape, etc.

Zeuodin
You're not listening. If Darkseid uses an energy attack its the Omega Effect. The OE takes many forms: heat, concussive energy, molecular/energy manipulation, and even low level reality warping. The beams from his eyes are really finder beams, more like a laser pointer than the actual "bullet" so to speak. Once the finder beams reach their target the Omega Effect occurs. That's why Wonder Woman reflecting the beams and hurting Darkseid is bullshit, that's why Superman flying around and treating the OB like a guided missile to be used to hit Darkseid is bullshit. If the writers understood or cared about the OE they wouldn't have done that. Kirby certainly would never have the OE hurting Darkseid.
WW didn't deflect the Omega effect. Or DS would have erased himself. She deflected the omega's. Different power.

Omega Vision
WW didn't deflect the Omega effect. Or DS would have erased himself. She deflected the omega's. Different power.
You read the post didn't you? It shouldn't have worked either way. The beams themselves do nothing upon contact, they just represent Darkseid targeting the object. Its when Darkseid wills the object to be effected once the OB touches it that the Omega Effect comes into play.

quanchi112
You're not listening. If Darkseid uses an energy attack its the Omega Effect. The OE takes many forms: heat, concussive energy, molecular/energy manipulation, and even low level reality warping. The beams from his eyes are really finder beams, more like a laser pointer than the actual "bullet" so to speak. Once the finder beams reach their target the Omega Effect occurs. That's why Wonder Woman reflecting the beams and hurting Darkseid is bullshit, that's why Superman flying around and treating the OB like a guided missile to be used to hit Darkseid is bullshit. If the writers understood or cared about the OE they wouldn't have done that. Kirby certainly would never have the OE hurting Darkseid. The oe has always been referred to as a power that emits from his eyes. Find me one instance where it's referred to as coming from his hands.Originally posted by Zeuodin
There is a problem. DS would never Fight Thor hand to hand. He doesn't respect him enough to do so. he'd do Thor like he's done any other multi powered Threats such as Orion and IM. erase, bfr, Mind rape, etc. He fought Orion hand to hand. Why can't Thor absorb the oe?

Omega Vision
The oe has always been referred to as a power that emits from his eyes. Find me one instance where it's referred to as coming from his hands. He fought Orion hand to hand. Why can't Thor absorb the oe?
Every power he has is the work of the Omega Effect. Before he claimed it he was a nobody God on Desaad's level.
Besides what do you call the blast he used to incinerate the Anti-Monitor?

quanchi112
Every power he has is the work of the Omega Effect. Before he claimed it he was a nobody God on Desaad's level.
Besides what do you call the blast he used to incinerate the Anti-Monitor? Tech as he pressed a button that used Luthor's unique energies to further weaken an already fatigued Am.

Various bios and comics have stated the oe and the beams come from his eyes. You have no proof and it hasn't erased anyone anyways through his hands. If anything you have downgraded the omega effect.

BattleMage
Can't Thor's hammer obsorb the omega beams?

quanchi112
Can't Thor's hammer obsorb the omega beams? Yep. Ds's trump card is negated.

Omega Vision
Yep. Ds's trump card is negated.
Idle speculation on your part I'm afraid. Until uru proves it can do that I'll call shenanigans on that whole can of worms you've tried to open.

Omega Vision
Tech as he pressed a button that used Luthor's unique energies to further weaken an already fatigued Am.

Various bios and comics have stated the oe and the beams come from his eyes. You have no proof and it hasn't erased anyone anyways through his hands. If anything you have downgraded the omega effect.
The Omega Effect isn't just an eraser. Its also a pencil, as in it can create, transport, add, subtract, act as heat vision, concussive force and it flows through his entire body. He IS the Omega Force. I don't see why it needs to be stated that the OE comes from his hands when its clear its an energy attack and Darkseid has never used an energy attack that wasn't derived from the OE.
Besides Luthor didn't have the power in him to do that, it was clearly Darkseid channeling his power through Luthor's eyes. The tech helped but it was more like a targeting system to focus Darkseid's power.

Zeuodin
So are these the "Omega Effect" Or powers becuase of the Omega Effect?

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Mister_Miracle_Specialv1_001Imbie21.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/ng_15_p15.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/NewGodsv310-20.jpg

My point really is that had DS used any of these energy blast, like the one he used to crumble the then nearly omnipotent Source wall, heat Vision wouldn't have blocked a thing. So According to Forum rules, Were PIS is off, DS would use his best blast to take out an opponent.

jayce78
Who's stronger and more powerful I wonder?

Omega Vision
So are these the "Omega Effect" Or powers becuase of the Omega Effect?

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Mister_Miracle_Specialv1_001Imbie21.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/ng_15_p15.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/NewGodsv310-20.jpg

My point really is that had DS used any of these energy blast, like the one he used to crumble the then nearly omnipotent Source wall, heat Vision wouldn't have blocked a thing. So According to Forum rules, Were PIS is off, DS would use his best blast to take out an opponent.
Good point. So let me ask this then: could Thor tank a blast that shattered the Source Wall?

jayce78
I don't know what the hell you people are saying , but I want too.

BattleMage
Originally posted by jayce78
I don't know what the hell you people are saying , but I want too. I LIKE THAT ^ laughing

darthgoober
Good point. So let me ask this then: could Thor tank a blast that shattered the Source Wall?
Did DS actually do that on his own though? I see DS and one other guy so was it established somewhere else in the book that it was just DS blasting through the wall?

Zeuodin
Originally posted by darthgoober
Did DS actually do that on his own though? I see DS and one other guy so was it established somewhere else in the book that it was just DS blasting through the wall?
It was high father. Other beings who were powerful enough on their own to bust out of the source wall were Promethian Giants.

darthgoober
It was high father. Other beings who were powerful enough on their own to bust out of the source wall were Promethian Giants.
So are you sure it was just DS blasting? If so, how?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by darthgoober
So are you sure it was just DS blasting? If so, how?
Well its heavily implied he did most of the work. Later when Highfather tried to repeat the feat without Darkseid he required the aid of Zeus, Ares, Jove, and Odin to replace Darkseid.

quanchi112
Idle speculation on your part I'm afraid. Until uru proves it can do that I'll call shenanigans on that whole can of worms you've tried to open. WW's bracelets have done so as have Superman's hv. I'd say it's more than a safe bet.

The Omega Effect isn't just an eraser. Its also a pencil, as in it can create, transport, add, subtract, act as heat vision, concussive force and it flows through his entire body. He IS the Omega Force. I don't see why it needs to be stated that the OE comes from his hands when its clear its an energy attack and Darkseid has never used an energy attack that wasn't derived from the OE.
Besides Luthor didn't have the power in him to do that, it was clearly Darkseid channeling his power through Luthor's eyes. The tech helped but it was more like a targeting system to focus Darkseid's power. The point is the demonstrations you gave functioned like normal concussive energy blasts. We have never seen Darkseid erase anyone through blasts from his hands.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol.

Thor isn't able to deflect the OE? Heat Vision did it. Diana's bracelets did it. Now Mjolnir can't?

Mjolnir will absorb it, amp it a hundred fold, and redirect it right back at Darkseid.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol.

Thor isn't able to deflect the OE? Heat Vision did it. Diana's bracelets did it. Now Mjolnir can't?

Mjolnir will absorb it, amp it a hundred fold, and redirect it right back at Darkseid. I know. Darkseid thought Superman gave him a hard time Thor is built to beat him. His hammer negates the oe which he relies on far too much.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I know. Darkseid thought Superman gave him a hard time Thor is built to beat him. His hammer negates the oe which he relies on far too much.

True enough.

If you ask me, from all the times Superman's knocked him around he doesn't rely on it enough. Darkseid is Superman, what Loki is to Thor at this point.

quanchi112
True enough.

If you ask me, from all the times Superman's knocked him around he doesn't rely on it enough. Darkseid is Superman, what Loki is to Thor at this point. Darkseid couldn't hit him with it. If he had he would have won. Seid usually gets nailed with his own blasts and then owned.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Darkseid couldn't hit him with it. If he had he would have won. Seid usually gets nailed with his own blasts and then owned.

True he has been unable to hit him. Yea, Darkseid has jobbed in the past.

quanchi112
True he has been unable to hit him. Yea, Darkseid has jobbed in the past. I really don't see it as jobbing though.

Omega Vision
I really don't see it as jobbing though.
How isn't it jobbing? By definition the OB should never miss. Nor should Darkseid forget his myriad of other powers when fighting Superman.

Kris Blaze
Firestorm used an energy pipe to turn the blast back on Darkseid no expression

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Firestorm used an energy pipe to turn the blast back on Darkseid no expression
When was this?

Kris Blaze
When was this?
It's somewhere in the Firestorm turns the universe into salt threads, or his respect thread.

Firestorm reacted -after- Darkseid had fired the omega effect, just awful.

quanchi112
How isn't it jobbing? By definition the OB should never miss. Nor should Darkseid forget his myriad of other powers when fighting Superman. It didn't miss it was deflected and Superman used his speed to make sure it hit something else. Originally posted by Omega Vision
When was this? Precrisis too I believe.

Survivor19
Thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
I really don't see it as jobbing though.

I do, especially with all the Darkseid hype. That's just me though.

quanchi112
I do, especially with all the Darkseid hype. That's just me though. But they don't really have anything to back it up though. It's just the old Darkseid shouldn't be written that way despite him being written that way again and again. It isn't the exception anymore it's the norm.

Rage.Of.Olympus
But they don't really have anything to back it up though. It's just the old Darkseid shouldn't be written that way despite him being written that way again and again. It isn't the exception anymore it's the norm.

Fair enough.

Omega Vision
But they don't really have anything to back it up though. It's just the old Darkseid shouldn't be written that way despite him being written that way again and again. It isn't the exception anymore it's the norm.
Doesn't make it right for the character. Kirby envisioned him as the ultimate personification of evil, now he's just Mongul with a darker color scheme and unreliable heat vision. Final Crisis was the first time since the Great Darkness Saga that Darkseid was even close to what Kirby envisioned him as. Hopefully when they resurrect him (and you know DC will eventually) he'll be written as a JLA bashing God of Evil, not as a "Superman rogue".

quanchi112
Doesn't make it right for the character. Kirby envisioned him as the ultimate personification of evil, now he's just Mongul with a darker color scheme and unreliable heat vision. Final Crisis was the first time since the Great Darkness Saga that Darkseid was even close to what Kirby envisioned him as. Hopefully when they resurrect him (and you know DC will eventually) he'll be written as a JLA bashing God of Evil, not as a "Superman rogue". That's Kirby's vision. There have been many other writers to pen Darkseid. Certain characters definitely are more formidable in other writer's hands. That doesn't mean we dismiss everything outside of your particular writer. If you want to argue Kirby Darkseid make a thread about it otherwise it's all fair game.

Darkseid has been beaten in the comics, video games, and cartoons by the man of steel. I don't see that changing. he was even beaten by Superman in fc.

Omega Vision
That's Kirby's vision. There have been many other writers to pen Darkseid. Certain characters definitely are more formidable in other writer's hands. That doesn't mean we dismiss everything outside of your particular writer. If you want to argue Kirby Darkseid make a thread about it otherwise it's all fair game.

Darkseid has been beaten in the comics, video games, and cartoons by the man of steel. I don't see that changing. he was even beaten by Superman in fc.
Final Crisis was a foregone conclusion. If Superman hadn't killed him with a meta-textual plot device and an asspull singing attack there'd be no DCU left.
I don't think that all writers fail to write him properly other than Kirby, just most of the recent ones. Really if Kirby had his way Darkseid would have been long dead but DC wouldn't let him kill him off since they liked him too much as a villain.

quanchi112
Final Crisis was a foregone conclusion. If Superman hadn't killed him with a meta-textual plot device and an asspull singing attack there'd be no DCU left.
I don't think that all writers fail to write him properly other than Kirby, just most of the recent ones. Really if Kirby had his way Darkseid would have been long dead but DC wouldn't let him kill him off since they liked him too much as a villain. Ds also had a plot device the ale which allowed him to win the war with new genesis in the first place.

Omega Vision
Ds also had a plot device the ale which allowed him to win the war with new genesis in the first place.
Are you arguing for the sake of arguing? I never said that he didn't have one, I'm just stating a fact: the Miracle Machine was one of the biggest plot devices in history. Really it took a lot of shit to beat Darkseid. In order there was the Radion bullet, the Flashes leading the Black Racer to him, Wonder Woman lassoing his body, Superman singing a vibration that canceled his out, and finally the Miracle Machine wiping his corrupting influence from the Multiverse.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
It's somewhere in the Firestorm turns the universe into salt threads, or his respect thread.

Firestorm reacted -after- Darkseid had fired the omega effect, just awful.
That wasn't the Omega Effect either, that was the Omega Force which apparently is even stronger.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Kandy
That wasn't the Omega Effect either, that was the Omega Force which apparently is even stronger.
Omega Force and Omega Effect are the same with different names.

quanchi112
Are you arguing for the sake of arguing? I never said that he didn't have one, I'm just stating a fact: the Miracle Machine was one of the biggest plot devices in history. Really it took a lot of shit to beat Darkseid. In order there was the Radion bullet, the Flashes leading the Black Racer to him, Wonder Woman lassoing his body, Superman singing a vibration that canceled his out, and finally the Miracle Machine wiping his corrupting influence from the Multiverse. The point is Supes beats Ds with or without plot devices. Most of their fights have been stalemates. They are peers to each other and anyone saying otherwise is kinda delusional.

Omega Vision
The point is Supes beats Ds with or without plot devices. Most of their fights have been stalemates. They are peers to each other and anyone saying otherwise is kinda delusional.
Wait so you think Superman could have beaten Darkseid in FC without a plot device?

quanchi112
Wait so you think Superman could have beaten Darkseid in FC without a plot device? No, but the point is Ds got to where he was because of a plot device.

Omega Vision
No, but the point is Ds got to where he was because of a plot device.
Okay then this is a really dumb argument.

Friends? smile

quanchi112
Okay then this is a really dumb argument.

Friends? smile You'll have to prove yourself to be worthy. Quan's friendship isn't easily given.

Omega Vision
You'll have to prove yourself to be worthy. Quan's friendship isn't easily given.
Well if you're going to be gay about it... roll eyes (sarcastic)
Sworn Enemies?

quanchi112
Well if you're going to be gay about it... roll eyes (sarcastic)
Sworn Enemies? It's what usually happens.

Omega Vision
It's what usually happens.
Can't imagine why.

quanchi112
Can't imagine why. It's had me stumped for two years.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.