SCW Sinestro Corps vs Annhilation Wave

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Discuss.

galactusischere
Annihlation wave minus the gods and Thanos?
They lose without them.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Discuss. Do they have Thanos as an ally?

Kris Blaze
Annihilation Wave.

It was massive.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
Do they have Thanos as an ally?
Yes but no Tenobrius or Aegis or whatever their names are.

Batman-Prime
Yes but no Tenobrius or Aegis or whatever their names are.

I know what comes next. Thanos solos. big grin

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I know what comes next. Thanos solos. big grin
Quan would say that if Thanos wasn't in the fight.

xJLxKing
Does the Sinestro Corps get
Cyborg Superman, Anti-Monitor, Superman Prime, Manhunters, and the rest that were shown in SCW, or just the Yellow Lanterns? It's a huge difference.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Does the Sinestro Corps get
Cyborg Superman, Anti-Monitor, Superman Prime, Manhunters, and the rest that were shown in SCW, or just the Yellow Lanterns? It's a huge difference.
Umm I suppose so, maybe not the AM. If the A Wave doesn't get the two gods then they don't get the AM.

quanchi112
Yes but no Tenobrius or Aegis or whatever their names are. A wave dominates.

Omega Vision
At least the word "solos" wasn't there. But I think I agree that the A Wave was more powerful, wasn't it basically the N-Zone's entire population?

quanchi112
At least the word "solos" wasn't there. But I think I agree that the A Wave was more powerful, wasn't it basically the N-Zone's entire population? Yep. Too massive. With Thanos' aid they have no chance whatsoever.

Kris Blaze
At least the word "solos" wasn't there. But I think I agree that the A Wave was more powerful, wasn't it basically the N-Zone's entire population?
The N-Zone is like an entire universe....
Annihilation Wave took about 1 day to kill the entire Nova Corps.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
The N-Zone is like an entire universe....
Annihilation Wave took about 1 day to kill the entire Nova Corps.
Are the Nova Corps the equal of the GLC?

quanchi112
Are the Nova Corps the equal of the GLC? No.

Kris Blaze

Not quite. GLC have much stronger top-dogs.

Omega Vision
Not quite. GLC have much stronger top-dogs.
Are they like a larger Darkstars in terms of power then?

K Von Doom

Not even remotely close.

Nova w/Worldmind = Hal Jordan. Maybe

WhiteWitchKing

No but the way they were killed was outright ridiculous. They stood no chance at all. It was Galactus that destroyed the majority of the A Wave. The A Wave is going to over whelm SC eventually.

vansonbee
Annhilaiton Wave for the win, they out number Sinestro Corp and has that far range energy weapon.

2 gods on top of that is overkill, look what they done to SS!

Nihilist
Anyone know the actual death toll the Annihilation wave caused in the end..

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Nihilist
Probably some bullshit number like 10 million in all. You know how bad writers are with numbers. stick out tongue

shokosugi
Sinestro Corp ftw

quanchi112
Originally posted by shokosugi
Sinestro Corp ftw How so?

AlmightyKfish

When Nova tore Annihilus apart he siad something like ' This is for the trillions dead by your hand'

Prep-Man
For the Sinestro Corps, wouldn't Weaponers of Qward be there? They are from the Anti-Matter universe and would make up for the number loss, since the AM universe is well, a universe.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Prep-Man
For the Sinestro Corps, wouldn't Weaponers of Qward be there? They are from the Anti-Matter universe and would make up for the number loss, since the AM universe is well, a universe.
Did they get involved personally in SCW?

-Pr-

they forged the rings, iirc.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by -Pr-
they forged the rings, iirc.
Hmm then if they get involved in this scenario I can see the SC winning.

Prep-Man

They were basically Sinestro's slaves. Which I found a bit weird, since the Weaponers were portrayed to be uber in the past. A blast of lightning alone was powerful enough to take down Superman himself. And their tech was able to destroy black holes and planets.

Kris Blaze
Probably some bullshit number like 10 million in all. You know how bad writers are with numbers. stick out tongue

10 million?

They killed like 80% of the Skrull empire no expression

Omega Vision
10 million?

They killed like 80% of the Skrull empire no expression
I was joking. Sci-fi and comics writers tend to inflate and deflate statistics and in the Silver Age I could certainly see the number either being a ridiculously small number like 10 million or a ridiculously big number like 897 octtillion

BattleMage
Annhilation Wave

vansonbee
10 million?

They killed like 80% of the Skrull empire no expression Was it 10 million? What 80% of Skrulls equal to anyways? confused Originally posted by Omega Vision
I was joking. Sci-fi and comics writers tend to inflate and deflate statistics and in the Silver Age I could certainly see the number either being a ridiculously small number like 10 million or a ridiculously big number like 897 octtillion Still has to be accounted for sad

Nihilist
Probably some bullshit number like 10 million in all. You know how bad writers are with numbers. stick out tongue Originally posted by Kris Blaze
10 million?

They killed like 80% of the Skrull empire no expression I think i was mentioned in a early Nova or Conquest issue that the number was into the billions(prolly have to check that though)

thanos-prime
Annihilation wave

Prep-Man
I think i was mentioned in a early Nova or Conquest issue that the number was into the billions(prolly have to check that though)

Billions in the AM universe? If Quardians can get their hands on the Void Hound, they could probably sweep a lot of those.

Omega Vision
Remember that even if you include help from the AM universe the Sinestro Corps never controlled that entire Universe. For instance they never controlled the Crime Society's Earth.
You know what I'd like to know? Do you think the Anhilation Wave could beat the army of Daxamites Darkseid controlled during the Great Darkness Saga?

Deadline
It would help if you made some stipulations. I think SCW could win with prep.

Tazer
Yo.

if the SCW had the same amount of #'s as the GLC is supposed to have at full STR (7200 members), then they take this; Anni, Ravenous, and the rest of they fleet did most of their dmg by simply being massive and blowing up everything in their way, but to beings who're *atleast* the equal of Surfer in power, I dont see them stumbling (especially given they have the AM on their side, and Tenebrous & Aegis werent technically part of the invasion force)...........atleast not easily OR quickly.

Tazer

The Nuul
So AM , Parallax and Cyborg cant beat them?

How can they deal with the Anti-matter wave?

Omega Vision
The SCW's chances are a little better if the Gods (Tenobrius, Aegis and AM) stay out. But if SC gets Parallax its only fair AW gets Thanos.

-Pr-
If the Sinestro Corps have ANY of their generals. their chances of victory increase dramatically immediately.

Omega Vision
Agreed SBP alone could trash a large portion of the AW's forces.
Imagine a meeting between him and Thanos.
SBP: Prepare to die!
Thanos: Wait! I'm betraying Annihilus, if you kill me now my plan will fail and he'll never be defeated!
SBP: Boring! *rips Thanos's heart out*
Thanos (calmly): I see. Enjoy your death at Annihilus's hand. For the record I tried.

galactusischere
Agreed SBP alone could trash a large portion of the AW's forces.
Imagine a meeting between him and Thanos.
SBP: Prepare to die!
Thanos: Wait! I'm betraying Annihilus, if you kill me now my plan will fail and he'll never be defeated!
SBP: Boring! *rips Thanos's heart out*
Thanos (calmly): I see. Enjoy your death at Annihilus's hand. For the record I tried.
Thanos would crush SBP though

The Nuul
Originally posted by galactusischere

Not really....

Omega Vision
Not at all. Especially when he's concentrating on something else like when Drax killed him.

iceman24567
Prime would TKO Thanos

galactusischere
I know one other person that would disagree on SBP>Thanos other than me but lets not get off topic

iceman24567
If i say his name he will pop up like a genie nobody wants that erm

Omega Vision
I know one other person that would disagree on SBP>Thanos.
Quan doesn't count. That's his stance on everything.
I'm a huge Darkseid fan and even I realize that other than Kirby DS and GDS DS Superboy Prime beats almost every incarnation of him.
Edit: Oh snap I probably invoked him.

Nihilist
Thanos would beat prime

iceman24567
Quan doesn't count. That's his stance on everything.
I'm a huge Darkseid fan and even I realize that other than Kirby DS and GDS DS Superboy Prime beats almost every incarnation of him.
Edit: Oh snap I probably invoked him.
You invoke somebody

Omega Vision
Thanos would beat prime
Not in a h/h encounter without prep he wouldn't.

Nihilist
Not in a h/h encounter without prep he wouldn't. lol @ thinking thanos needs prep all the time, GTFO with that shit

Tazer
Yo.

The SCW's chances are a little better if the Gods (Tenobrius, Aegis and AM) stay out. But if SC gets Parallax its only fair AW gets Thanos.

why would it have to be fair?

A & T *werent* a part of the A-wave, and Thanos' involvement is debatable, whereas AM, SBP and Parallax (in Kyle) were a part of the Sinestro Corps proper.

for it to be not fair, would mean the AM has to be @ full power. big grin

Tazer

Omega Vision
lol @ thinking thanos needs prep all the time, GTFO with that shit
I don't know what gives you the idea Thanos can take SBP. His one advantage over Superboy is his intelligence, take that away and he goes down hard. I know you think I'm a Thanos hater (maybe I am) but most objective observers would agree that Thanos is going to need prep to beat Superboy Prime.

Nihilist
I don't know what gives you the idea Thanos can take SBP. His one advantage over Superboy is his intelligence, take that away and he goes down hard. I know you think I'm a Thanos hater (maybe I am) but most objective observers would agree that Thanos is going to need prep to beat Superboy Prime. goes down hard, you are complete joke.

Prime struggled with Sodam Yat until Yat got lead poisoning.

galactusischere
I don't know what gives you the idea Thanos can take SBP. His one advantage over Superboy is his intelligence, take that away and he goes down hard. I know you think I'm a Thanos hater (maybe I am) but most objective observers would agree that Thanos is going to need prep to beat Superboy Prime.
Not what people on comic vine think.

The Nuul
Originally posted by -Pr-
If the Sinestro Corps have ANY of their generals. their chances of victory increase dramatically immediately.

thumb up

Omega Vision
goes down hard, you are complete joke.

That's not a low feat at all.

thanos-prime
Thanos would beat prime

Omega Vision
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Thanos-prime
Are you a Pokemon?
Sorry I couldn't resist. God help me. sad

Nihilist
That's not a low feat at all. Thanos would crush Yat in many ways.

Omega Vision
Thanos would crush Yat in many ways.
Thanos fanboys' opinions mean nothing. You over estimate Thanos massively. Assuming Yat's ion power is one-tenth of that Kyle Rayner wielded Thanos would get torn up.

thanos-prime
Thanos fanboys' opinions mean nothing. You over estimate Thanos massively. Assuming Yat's ion power is one-tenth of that Kyle Rayner wielded Thanos would get torn up. And you underestimate him.Yet prime didn't.

Omega Vision
And you underestimate him.Yet prime didn't.
Even if Thanos were Yat's equal (he isn't, close maybe, and that's being generous) SBP dominated that fight. Yat came in really confident and made a point to state that he isn't the sort of guy to trade quips and talk during a fight and yet when SBP started to lay into him his confidence shattered and he started losing control. Partially it was a lack of experience but it was clear SBP was the physical superior and even if the lead hadn't come into play Yat wasn't going to win that fight.

Nihilist
Thanos fanboys' opinions mean nothing. You over estimate Thanos massively. Assuming Yat's ion power is one-tenth of that Kyle Rayner wielded Thanos would get torn up. LOL, and your anti Thanos opinions means something then as you are the main man on this forum..please dont such a idiot. You have already admitted you hate him so you underestimate him because of a inferiority complex most rabid DC fanboys have about Thanos.

Yat never did anything impressive apart from dying.

thanos-prime
Even if Thanos were Yat's equal (he isn't, close maybe, and that's being generous) SBP dominated that fight. Yat came in really confident and made a point to state that he isn't the sort of guy to trade quips and talk during a fight and yet when SBP started to lay into him his confidence shattered and he started losing control. Partially it was a lack of experience but it was clear SBP was the physical superior and even if the lead hadn't come into play Yat wasn't going to win that fight. Um no the fight was pretty much equal until yat got lead poisoning he did not lose confidence until that point.

galactusischere
More people agree on Thanos.

-Pr-
bashing stops now, guys. keep it civil.

Omega Vision
*deleted*

Omega Vision
Notice that Thanos fans and me are the only people here. Not really a unbiased sampling base.
Anyways I'm done arguing this. It's getting off topic.

Parmaniac

No offense but that doesn't mean anything...

not saying Thanos > SBP or Thanos < SBP

xJLxKing
I seriously don't know how Sinestro Corps loses. Besides having soldier enough to take over the Universe and blow up planets with a single attack, they also have powerful units in their army.

Cyborg Superman can take over other Technology such as Mothership, computers..etc. It really wouldn't matter how advanced or old it is, he was able to do so with the Source Wall

AM- Anti Matter Wave, and potential to become really strong if left un-check.

Prime- I don't think I have to restate his rep

Parralax- In my opinion, the most significant character whenever it involves army, or a huge amount of fights. Who can defeat entire civilization out of fear, who doesn't have fear? Who is fear? Fear cannot be stop. Look what Parallax did to the Green Lanterns who supposedly are the best are overcoming fear. They failed. Look what he did to the guardians of the universe. He also has the ability to take on a host this mean specific characters like Thanos are in trouble.

The way I see it, if you have technology, Cyborg will most likely take control like he did with Manhunters. If it's beings with feelings, then Parallax will wreck havoc like he supposed to do.

Nihilist
*deleted* That just came across as blah, blah, excuse, moan, bullshit.

I know Thanos has a limit and Prime aint it, Thanos durabilty alone can stand up to anything Prime can dish out.

Omega Vision
That just came across as blah, blah, excuse, moan, bullshit.

I know Thanos has a limit and Prime aint it, Thanos durabilty alone can stand up to anything Prime can dish out.
Make a thread if you want to keep debating this, I'm not wasting any more time arguing with walls painted to look like Thanos.

Nihilist
Make a thread if you want to keep debating this, I'm not wasting any more time arguing with walls painted to look like Thanos. bye bye then, run along.

Parmaniac
I seriously don't know how Sinestro Corps wins.
You mean AW

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Parmaniac
You mean AW I changed it stick out tongue embarrasment

Omega Vision
bye bye then, run along.
? I'm not leaving. I'm just not arguing with you about Prime vs Thanos anymore.

Badabing
? I'm not leaving. I'm just not arguing with you about Prime vs Thanos anymore. Good call.

Back to the topic or get warned, banned and deleted from KMC! sneer

biscuits

Edit: Nihilist gets a warning. When a mod asks that the bashing/trolling/flaming stop then it should.

shokosugi
Thanos' involvement in Annihilation is similar to Mongul's involvement in Sinsestro Corp

Omega Vision
Thanos' involvement in Annihilation is similar to Mongul's involvement in Sinsestro Corp
tangential? I agree.

Nihilist
Thanos' involvement in Annihilation is similar to Mongul's involvement in Sinsestro Corp You serious, he struck the bargain with T&A which allowed Galactus to be captured and used as a weapon. And he also shared his teleportation tech with the wave which let them port high numbers to where ever they wanted.

Tazer
Yo.

/objectivity mode........ON!!!

let get real here for a sec: both SBP *and* Thanos are (as typically presented to us) above top-tier beings, so any talk of Thanos NOT being able to take SBP is incorrect.

now, granted SBP has that "I moved planets around" -feat going for him, but Thanos has had enuff feats backing him that I'll say he'll give him a fight.

lowballing him here, ESPECIALLY given how his intelligence dwarfs the kid, doesnt help the SBP -argument.

goes down hard, you are complete joke.

thats not really true; Prime was more of less having some fun while he fought Yat, and while the lead did affect him, I think its pretty clear SBP wouldve won regardless.

Um no the fight was pretty much equal until yat got lead poisoning he did not lose confidence until that point.

IIRC, his confidence was broken when he saw most of his atks not really doing much to slow the kid down, as opposed to his own weakening state.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

You serious, he struck the bargain with T&A which allowed Galactus to be captured and used as a weapon. And he also shared his teleportation tech with the wave which let them port high numbers to where ever they wanted.

which is wat makes him tangetal; Thanos took no direct action in conquering any planets.

Tazer

quanchi112
Thanos fanboys' opinions mean nothing. You over estimate Thanos massively. Assuming Yat's ion power is one-tenth of that Kyle Rayner wielded Thanos would get torn up. He's never proven anything to be even considered to even a rival of Superman. What Kyle accomplished has nothing to do with Yat.

I seriously don't know how Sinestro Corps loses. Besides having soldier enough to take over the Universe and blow up planets with a single attack, they also have powerful units in their army.

Cyborg Superman can take over other Technology such as Mothership, computers..etc. It really wouldn't matter how advanced or old it is, he was able to do so with the Source Wall

Parralax- In my opinion, the most significant character whenever it involves army, or a huge amount of fights. Who can defeat entire civilization out of fear, who doesn't have fear? Who is fear? Fear cannot be stop. Look what Parallax did to the Green Lanterns who supposedly are the best are overcoming fear. They failed. Look what he did to the guardians of the universe. He also has the ability to take on a host this mean specific characters like Thanos are in trouble.

The way I see it, if you have technology, Cyborg will most likely take control like he did with Manhunters. If it's beings with feelings, then Parallax will wreck havoc like he supposed to do. How are they stopping a force the size of the a wave? They aren't run by tech and Henshaw would be negated by Thanos. Thanos would send the Fallen One his way and arrange his demise. Henshaw would probably welcome it.

These forces weren't even enough to overwhelm earth's forces.

The A wave was handing the marvel u it's ass and the only reason it was defeated was due to Thanos changing sides and galactus eliminating a large percentage of their forces.

Kris Blaze
The heralds knew that they could not hold the Annihilation Wave for too long.

And the death toll must be -many- billions, considering that just by tearing through Skrull space the wave took out many, many planets.

quanchi112
The heralds knew that they could not hold the Annihilation Wave for too long.

And the death toll must be -many- billions, considering that just by tearing through Skrull space the wave took out many, many planets. They also had the benefit of being taken alive which cost them many seekers. It's easier to take a heralds in dead than alive.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by quanchi112
How are they stopping a force the size of the a wave? They aren't run by tech and Henshaw would be negated by Thanos. Thanos would send the Fallen One his way and arrange his demise. Henshaw would probably welcome it.

These forces weren't even enough to overwhelm earth's forces.

The A wave was handing the marvel u it's ass and the only reason it was defeated was due to Thanos changing sides and galactus eliminating a large percentage of their forces.
I am not saying Cyborg will beat the wave. Though, he has the ability to control any amount of technology no matter how advanced it is. This means ships, computers, and anything you can think of. It can go as far as radios, monsters, robots..etc.

You also got Parallax who was stated to have taken down civilizations. As long as life lives, there is fear(Stated, and facts). In SCW, Parallax was stopped because of the green will power, something the AW does not have.

Keep in mind, this is not a prep battle. This is where they meet head on. Thanos either stays back or attacks. If he is attacked he has a chance of getting a privalege of becoming a host for Parallax.

Parallax is a force in Nature, it can't really be killed just contained it's hard to beat head on. It can jump host to host all the while spreading fear.

That's just how I see it.

If you got tech, Cyborg will control it
If you got troops with emotions, or hiding emotions, Parallax will break em and destroy them easily.
If you got leader/generals, Parallax can take them as a host and use them.

redhotrash
Initially I was thinking A-Wave, but the more I consider it the more Im leaning SC. Much of the A-wave are in ships, which a skilled ring wearer can destroy many of. Not to mention Parallax can rather easily take control of Annihilus himself, as hes already scared of the prospect of death. So right there they are losing their leader. Thanos is NOT a match for Prime if it came down to it. And as was mentioned, you really cant kill Cyborg Superman, but he can certainly destroy your ships at will. This is also ignoring the fact that the SC arent a small group themselves, AND they have a member who is essentially a disease.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos would beat down Prime.

Do the Annihilation Wave get the Galactus weapon? What about Thanos?

Even without those, the Annihilation Wave would win. Of course if you start tossing in the Sinestro Corps Generals and Guardian, the chances go up much higher. Then you'd have to toss in the Primordial Gods, so that bumps up the chances of the Annihilation Wave even greater.

shokosugi
redhotrash i kinda agree with you

Prep-Man
SC would tear up the A Wave. Add in the Weaponers of Qward and it's a done deal.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by redhotrash
Initially I was thinking A-Wave, but the more I consider it the more Im leaning SC. Much of the A-wave are in ships, which a skilled ring wearer can destroy many of. Not to mention Parallax can rather easily take control of Annihilus himself, as hes already scared of the prospect of death. So right there they are losing their leader. Thanos is NOT a match for Prime if it came down to it. And as was mentioned, you really cant kill Cyborg Superman, but he can certainly destroy your ships at will. This is also ignoring the fact that the SC arent a small group themselves, AND they have a member who is essentially a disease.

Where did you get this idea Annihilus is afraid of death? He's not in the very least.

xJLxKing
Everyone is scared. Whether it's death or your own mother in law.

Omega Vision
It really all depends on the Generals and Commanders of the SC and whether or not they're included.

Kris Blaze
Everyone is scared. Whether it's death or your own mother in law.
Annihilus was about to destroy the Marvel universe.

He ain't scared of death.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos would beat down Prime.

Do the Annihilation Wave get the Galactus weapon? What about Thanos?

Even without those, the Annihilation Wave would win. Of course if you start tossing in the Sinestro Corps Generals and Guardian, the chances go up much higher. Then you'd have to toss in the Primordial Gods, so that bumps up the chances of the Annihilation Wave even greater.

Cyborg WTF PWNS anything with tech and a lot of stuff or characters have tech in Annhilation Wave.

Omega Vision

He ain't scared of death.
What was his overall plan with destroying the Marvel Universe?
I just don't get what he would have gained from it, the Negative Zone sucks, you'd think he'd want a better Universe to own.

Kris Blaze
I just don't get what he would have gained from it, the Negative Zone sucks, you'd think he'd want a better Universe to own.
Annihilus' mind and reasoning is completely different from ours though. He's a strange bug.

The Nuul
I am not saying Cyborg will beat the wave. Though, he has the ability to control any amount of technology no matter how advanced it is. This means ships, computers, and anything you can think of. It can go as far as radios, monsters, robots..etc.

You also got Parallax who was stated to have taken down civilizations. As long as life lives, there is fear(Stated, and facts). In SCW, Parallax was stopped because of the green will power, something the AW does not have.

Keep in mind, this is not a prep battle. This is where they meet head on. Thanos either stays back or attacks. If he is attacked he has a chance of getting a privalege of becoming a host for Parallax.

Parallax is a force in Nature, it can't really be killed just contained it's hard to beat head on. It can jump host to host all the while spreading fear.

If you got troops with emotions, or hiding emotions, Parallax will break em and destroy them easily.
If you got leader/generals, Parallax can take them as a host and use them.

The way I see it, if you have technology, Cyborg will most likely take control like he did with Manhunters. If it's beings with feelings, then Parallax will wreck havoc like he supposed to do.

SBP with Guardian Armor.

Also add SC/Yellow laterns.

thumb up

They take this war.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by The Nuul
SBP with Guardian Armor.

Also add SC/Yellow laterns.

thumb up

They take this war.
Yup, and Man Hunters, and those children who can blow themselves up using TP. Then there is the man hunters who get charge using Green Light, or Yellow. They were able to blow up a planet easily

xJLxKing

He ain't scared of death. Again, everyone is scared. Life breads fear and there is nothing one can do about it. The best thing to do is overcome if. Now what chance does Annihilus have when Green Lanterns who are chosen because of their ability to overcome fear itself fail against Parallax.

Kris Blaze
Yup, and Man Hunters, and those children who can blow themselves up using TP. Then there is the man hunters who get charge using Green Light, or Yellow. They were able to blow up a planet easily
Manhunters only work well against other Green Lanterns, the average Manhunter is probably weaker than any random Annihilation Wave bug. Nova and his commanders were not able to directly affect the drones with their blasts. We're talking high meta/low herald ish power.

Not to mention the centurions, where they have the INFANT TERRIBLE. That's high end reality warping right there.

The Nuul
SCW has more powerful but also have less characters while AW has more characters but are less powerful.

xJLxKing
Manhunters only work well against other Green Lanterns, the average Manhunter is probably weaker than any random Annihilation Wave bug. Nova and his commanders were not able to directly affect the drones with their blasts. We're talking high meta/low herald ish power.

Not to mention the centurions, where they have the INFANT TERRIBLE. That's high end reality warping right there.
Except there were Millions and they can drain, or use Yellow/green light. They can also use it

Kris Blaze
SCW has more powerful but also have less characters while AW has more characters but are less powerful.

I wouldn't put the average Sinestro Corps member above the average Annihilation Drone. And the Annihilation Wave has entire galaxies worth of those. Not to mention Ravenous and all his seekers, who are not -that- powerful on their own, but strong enough to take on Morg, Terrax, Air Walker or The Power Skrull and come out victorious.

Except there were Millions and they can drain, or use Yellow/green light. They can also use it
Never seen them drain something other than Green/Yellow lanterns. Though I'll gladly back down on that if you provide me with a scan.

What energy would they drain though? Millions is still nothing compared to the drones of the a-wave. Very few of the A-wave rely on energy attacks.

xJLxKing
I wouldn't put the average Sinestro Corps member above the average Annihilation Drone. And the Annihilation Wave has entire galaxies worth of those. Not to mention Ravenous and all his seekers, who are not -that- powerful on their own, but strong enough to take on Morg, Terrax, Air Walker or The Power Skrull and come out victorious.
You are still forgetting Key Factors

Cyborg who will kill Tech and use it for himself
Parallax who can manipulate all fear. They can't stop him!

xJLxKing

Never seen them drain something other than Green/Yellow lanterns. Though I'll gladly back down on that if you provide me with a scan.

What energy would they drain though? Millions is still nothing compared to the drones of the a-wave. Very few of the A-wave rely on energy attacks.
They don't drain noting else I know of. But they do have the power of GLs, or YLs. They also have the big Manhunters capable of destroying planets easily.

Kris Blaze
You are still forgetting Key Factors

Cyborg who will kill Tech and use it for himself
Parallax who can manipulate all fear. They can't stop him!

What tech? They're organic. Though I realize Cyborg has skill in manipulating this as well.

I've never -ever- seen the Cyborg manipulate tech on that scope, nor have I seen them use Parallax in that manner. It's absolutely ludicrous to think that simply because he has technopathy, he can take over technology of the entire A-Wave. Infant Terrible has reality warping, is he going to take control of the entire Sinestro Corps then? Hmm? Because Reality Warping is a shitload better than technopathy.

Parallax's created a great deal of distrust on earth, while inside Hal Jordan but that doesn't suddenly make him capable of messing up the A-Wave. I also highly doubt that he would even be able to affect the drones there. They exist as a hivemind and all of them are willing to die instantly.

The Nuul
SC has two Universal Abstract Entity Dimensional Gods plus Cyborg and SBP whos a skyfather, Sinestro also with some others.

The rest are average like you say.

Unless Galactus takes part in this war...they clearly win.

Nihilist
Does the AW get the Harvester of sorrows and the Negative zone elite centurions.

Kris Blaze
SC Has two Universal Abstract Entity Dimensional Gods plus Cyborg and SBP whos a skyfather, Sinestro also with some others.
This is just some bullshit.

The Nuul
Who in AW is high as AM and Parallax?

Kris Blaze
Who in AW is high as AM and Parallax?
I've yet to see any impressive feats from Parallax, especially any that would put him on line with an abstract, lmfao.

Nobody can match AM.

The Nuul
Only direct people should be involved in this war....

The Nuul
AM could pretty much solo the AW.

Kris Blaze
I doubt AM would be allowed to **** the entire AW with his powers, when they are being denied Tenebrous and Aegis + Galactus.

Omega Vision
AM could do what Galactus did at the end, a wave of destruction.

xJLxKing
What tech? They're organic. Though I realize Cyborg has skill in manipulating this as well.

I've never -ever- seen the Cyborg manipulate tech on that scope, nor have I seen them use Parallax in that manner. It's absolutely ludicrous to think that simply because he has technopathy, he can take over technology of the entire A-Wave. Infant Terrible has reality warping, is he going to take control of the entire Sinestro Corps then? Hmm? Because Reality Warping is a shitload better than technopathy.

Parallax's created a great deal of distrust on earth, while inside Hal Jordan but that doesn't suddenly make him capable of messing up the A-Wave. I also highly doubt that he would even be able to affect the drones there. They exist as a hivemind and all of them are willing to die instantly.
Source Wall? Man Hunters? Kryptonian Tech? Melting computers around the world? Taking over other bodies? Becoming one with engine city?
Parallax has been stated on panel that he has destroy Civilization just by making them go crazy

quanchi112
AM could do what Galactus did at the end, a wave of destruction. When did he do so in swar?

SCW has more powerful but also have less characters while AW has more characters but are less powerful. Did you see the forces assembled that negated Am? It wasn't the guardians either.

If you got leader/generals, Parallax can take them as a host and use them. Yeah, you're overrating Henshaw yet again. he can't just take over everything without overriding it's prgorams and being in the right place at the right time. See hunter and prey.

The Aw was hammering an entire universe and you talk of civilizations who probably ha dno clue of what was happening like that matters. Parallax did nothing impressive at all during the swar. Nothing. It was a blip on the radar screen.

Thanos isn't going to march on in he will sit back plan and get involved at a critical juncture. He's Thanos not some common foot soldier.

Did you even read ann wave?

Everyone is scared. Whether it's death or your own mother in law. Proof? Is henshaw afraid of death? If not you just owned yourself.
AM could pretty much solo the AW. Are you kidding me? He failed to even take out Yat and had two chances to do so but now he is soloing the Awave. This is getting rather hilarious.

Kris Blaze
Source Wall? Man Hunters? Kryptonian Tech? Melting computers around the world? Taking over other bodies? Becoming one with engine city?
Parallax has been stated on panel that he has destroy Civilization just by making them go crazy

And the scope of this is close to the annihilation wave, how? How is any of this in the same branch as taking control over the Annihilation Wave's organics? These are completely different things, the Source Wall might not even be technology. You also failed to refute the fact that the A-Wave has someone with reality warping, which naturally trumps control over technology. He even controlled the entire sun on one occasion, for fun.

You did not even mention the actual insects of the Annihilation Wave. It's impossible to say to what degree Parallax would affect them. Nor did I see Parallax wield powers on that scope. A civilization is rarely more than a couple of thousands or at best millions. The Annihilation Wave drones are not human beings, they do not have any kind of emotions to control. They are like robots.

xJLxKing
And the scope of this is close to the annihilation wave, how? How is any of this in the same branch as taking control over the Annihilation Wave's organics? These are completely different things, the Source Wall might not even be technology. You also failed to refute the fact that the A-Wave has someone with reality warping, which naturally trumps control over technology. He even controlled the entire sun on one occasion, for fun.

You did not even mention the actual insects of the Annihilation Wave. It's impossible to say to what degree Parallax would affect them. Nor did I see Parallax wield powers on that scope. A civilization is rarely more than a couple of thousands or at best millions. The Annihilation Wave drones are not human beings, they do not have any kind of emotions to control. They are like robots.
You mean they are like the Guardians who hide emotions and show no emotions. Guess what, that didn't prevent Parallax from stopping them and taking control over them. Parallax has stopped Green Lanterns who are trained to overcome fear. IF you are going to say that the A wave will resist him and then ignore that he stopped GL then it's rather stupid. Considering what he did to Civilization, I don't see why he can't do it in the heat of the battle when emotions run wild. Like I said, if they are organic with emotions(hiding doesn't change it), then they will experience fear thanks to Parallax who again I repeat is Nature. IF there is emotions, he will make fear out of it. That's just how it is, that's how he is portrayed. What more crazy is that he can take on a host and jump from one to another as they die, or get weaker(like in rebirth). You will need the Green Light to effectively stop him.

As for Cyborg, he took control over Manhunter who by the way have shown emotions at the face of death. Their technology will be easy picking for Cyborg.

Remember, there is still AM.

Peterlane mk11
A-Wave totally and utterly destroys them

WhiteWitchKing

Again, everyone is scared. Life breads fear and there is nothing one can do about it. The best thing to do is overcome if. Now what chance does Annihilus have when Green Lanterns who are chosen because of their ability to overcome fear itself fail against Parallax.

His overall plan was to use Galactus as a bomb to blow up the 616 and also kill the Negative Zone. Annihilus will rule the void because he is the void. Not sure how he would survive it, but that's his plan. Again, he's not afraid of death. In fact, he knows death like Thanos does. Thanos doesn't fear death and neither does Annihilus. In fact, a new Annihilus or reborn Annihilus larva is in the Negative Zone currently.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
His overall plan was to use Galactus as a bomb to blow up the 616 and also kill the Negative Zone. Annihilus will rule the void because he is the void. Not sure how he would survive it, but that's his plan. Again, he's not afraid of death. In fact, he knows death like Thanos does. Thanos doesn't fear death and neither does Annihilus. In fact, a new Annihilus or reborn Annihilus larva is in the Negative Zone currently.
There are things that are far worse then death. There are people who don't fear death for themselves but fear for others. Then there are those that are scared of losing their powers.

Point is, everyone fears something whether it be death, or your power.

WhiteWitchKing
Here's my break down of both sides.

The big guns on both sides.
Sinestro / Annihilus
Prime / Thanos
Cyborg / The Delinquent
Parallax / Terrax
Arkillo / Ravenous

Footsoldiers
Yellow Lanterns, Manhunters, Qwardians / Seekers, Centurions, Power Skrull, Skreet, Man-Thinker Robot, Harvester of Sorrows, A-Wave drones and ships

I think that's everyone on both sides. The big guns of SC edges out the AW if they went head to head while the SC foot soldiers are going to be overwhelm the the numbers of ships and drones. The bugs and ships would wear down SC enough that the Seekers and Centurions move in for the kill like on Daedelus 5. Thanos is the smartest one in this fight. He's the one to turn the tide in favor of the A-Wave.

xJLxKing
Here's my break down of both sides.

The big guns on both sides.
Sinestro / Annihilus
Prime / Thanos
Cyborg / The Delinquent
Parallax / Terrax
Arkillo / Ravenous

Footsoldiers
Yellow Lanterns, Manhunters, Qwardians / Seekers, Centurions, Power Skrull, Skreet, Man-Thinker Robot, Harvester of Sorrows, A-Wave drones and ships

I think that's everyone on both sides. The big guns of SC edges out the AW if they went head to head while the SC foot soldiers are going to be overwhelm the the numbers of ships and drones. The bugs and ships would wear down SC enough that the Seekers and Centurions move in for the kill like on Daedelus 5. Thanos is the smartest one in this fight. He's the one to turn the tide in favor of the A-Wave.
You missed AM

See that the problem!
You are using Cyborg, and Parallax as soldiers, oe generals. Their ability can effect millions while fighting. Parallax can take a host while fighting another "general" like Thanos and spread fear to others at the same time. IN addition, he seems to get stronger when there is more fear as explained in Rebirth or SWC.

Same goes with Cyborg, the dude has ability to hack into other technology, and use it against themselves.

WhiteWitchKing
There are things that are far worse then death. There are people who don't fear death for themselves but fear for others. Then there are those that are scared of losing their powers.

Point is, everyone fears something whether it be death, or your power.

Really? The only emotions I've seen from Annihilus is delight and rage. Would you like to reference a moment where Annihilus has shown fear? He knows death, he considers Tenebrous/Aegis his underlings, and wanted kill Galactus after Galactus destroyed his armada. What does he have to fear? You make it sound like he cares about his drones or universe.

WhiteWitchKing
You missed AM

AM isn't in this fight. Most people read the first page where it's stipulated that AM and the Proemial Gods are not involved in this fight.

Effect who? I didn't see Parallax turning the tide in SC's favor. I didn't see Cyborg doing anything either. And Kris already pointed out that the Deliquent can neutralize Cyborg. If you want bring up the possibility of these characters, Deliquent would warp Cyborg and Parallax out of existence.

Your assuming Thanos is going to be in the field. He only does that when he has to or wants to. He's Annihilus strategist and likely going to be on the flagship, not the center of fighting. He's going to have to go through hordes of drones and the Deliquent.

The Nuul
AM isn't in this fight. Most people read the first page where it's stipulated that AM

Where does it say that?

WhiteWitchKing
Where does it say that?

Umm I suppose so, maybe not the AM. If the A Wave doesn't get the two gods then they don't get the AM.

xJLxKing
Really? The only emotions I've seen from Annihilus is delight and rage. Would you like to reference a moment where Annihilus has shown fear? He knows death, he considers Tenebrous/Aegis his underlings, and wanted kill Galactus after Galactus destroyed his armada. What does he have to fear? You make it sound like he cares about his drones or universe.
It's been stated, if there is life, there is emotion. When there is emotions, there is fear. Just because a character doesn't show it, doesn't mean one doesn't have it. Just like the guardians, they talk and act as they don't have emotions, but they hide their love, their fear, their greed...etc. That's just ow it is.

I am giving an example of what one may fear for himself or other.

So Parallax destroying civilization all because of fear doesn't mean $h!t here?
Cyborg can teleport his mind, or program over the universe in fast speed, he can even be in many places at once. They can't bfr easily. Keep in mine he also have rings here.
Like I said, Parallax will be spreading fear throughout the fight will taking on new host.

Flagship? You mean the one that hijacked and over taken by Cyborg? thumb up

Besides, the amount of choices Parallax has to choose for them being his host is....huge

redhotrash
I was always under the belief that Annihlus is generally such a A-Hole because hes afraid to die, and its a paranoia that others are out to kill him that causes him to be evil. Not to mention the guy is basically a mutated insect, and really shouldnt have any special immunity to fear. Also, Despotellis from the SC alone should be able to devestate a good portion of their fleet.

xJLxKing
No one is immune to fear. Fear is an emotion, and as long as you have other emotion, fear is bound to come out. IF not, live it to Parallax to do so.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by redhotrash
I was always under the belief that Annihlus is generally such a A-Hole because hes afraid to die, and its a paranoia that others are out to kill him that causes him to be evil. Not to mention the guy is basically a mutated insect, and really shouldnt have any special immunity to fear. Also, Despotellis from the SC alone should be able to devestate a good portion of their fleet.
Good point, it took another germ to defeat him. I don't think the AW has such an ally.

The Nuul
yeah, I forgot about Despotellis....nice one.

Kris Blaze
You mean they are like the Guardians who hide emotions and show no emotions. Guess what, that didn't prevent Parallax from stopping them and taking control over them. Parallax has stopped Green Lanterns who are trained to overcome fear. IF you are going to say that the A wave will resist him and then ignore that he stopped GL then it's rather stupid. Considering what he did to Civilization, I don't see why he can't do it in the heat of the battle when emotions run wild. Like I said, if they are organic with emotions(hiding doesn't change it), then they will experience fear thanks to Parallax who again I repeat is Nature. IF there is emotions, he will make fear out of it. That's just how it is, that's how he is portrayed. What more crazy is that he can take on a host and jump from one to another as they die, or get weaker(like in rebirth). You will need the Green Light to effectively stop him.

As for Cyborg, he took control over Manhunter who by the way have shown emotions at the face of death. Their technology will be easy picking for Cyborg.

Remember, there is still AM.

So much wrong with this post. You don't really seem to understand what I'm writing.

They are not people, they are like robots. The degree to which Parallax affects people is also highly debatable. Making someone more paranoid and frightened shouldn't make any sort of difference here. It doesn't matter what Green Lanterns are trained to do, they all have independent thought. The Annihilation Wave drones are like robots with 4 functions. Eat, kill, die and DIEEEEEEE. Many of Annihilus' guns are under control by him. And his armies are so insanely big that it's not even funny. Which brings the question, how on earth is Parallax going to reach any of these? Odds are it'll be space-ships firing their lasers and the like. Who is Parallax going to take control over here?

- Making Green Lanterns frightened does in no way qualify him to affect the hive-mind structure of the A-Wave.

- Once again, Cyborg can -easily- be countered by someone with planetary-level reality warping. So can Parallax. And these are not technological robots, but organic beings.

- For Parallax to take a host, he needs to be close by or physically near them. Once again, he's warped out of existence by the Infant Terrible. Better yet, everybody teleports out of his way.

- Seriously lacking information regarding how the annihilation wave actually works and functions. Even Glorian, with his incredible reality warping powers was not able to wrest control over the annihilation wave. Do you know who Glorian is?

Ultimately, whether or not Parallax could control anybody depends on whether or not he can control Annihilus. Let's say that he could control Annihilus, it would not make a lick of difference, because Parallax can be countered by the infant terrible. In fact, -any- one character in this fight can be countered by him.

AM still isn't a member of this fight.
Good point, it took another germ to defeat him. I don't think the AW has such an ally.
AW is nothing but bugs and germs no expression
Some of these bugs were used to control MOONDRAGON, Terrax, Paibok, Infant Terrible and many others.

And so what if it infects someone? It took the germ a while to kill Gardner and Kyle's mom. Regular human beings. Even if killed say a being a minute, there are billions of Annihilation wave drones.

xJLxKing
I don't think you understand Parallax. He isn't just an enemy. He is FEAR!
IF you actually think Parallax only make you paranoid them that just you ignoring what he is. Even in rebirth, he makes people nightmare true, he makes hallucination in you head, he doesn't just give you fear. He manipulates it, he changes, in develops it in so many ways. Characters don't become paranoid, they get attacked by their fear. Look at the scans in Rebirth( I think not sure if it's rebirth), where you see Parallax grow in size as people cower from fear. That's just how it is. I think it's even stated, where ever Parallax goes, fear follows.

Don't forget, Parallax can also take multiple hosts, so anyone tough can be taken out easily.

Do the drones how any emotions, if not, they are robots indeed, if they are anything of a combination, Cyborg will steal their tech. In this FIGHT, SCW has a huge advantage. All these ships, cannons, teleporters, anything that the Annihilation Wave can use, Cyborg can take it for himself. It's been shown over and over, I don't see why it would be different. The fact that he is able to take technology even though it as high tech as the source wall, to something as simple as a chip.

Organic beings mean they will have fears

Again, you are acting as if the enemy knows where he is, he looks exactly like a yellow lantern. Now all of a sudden they know who Parallax is and what he is capable of. Even if they did, he can easily take on multiple hosts.

Except he can take Annihilus, and ones he does, he can do so with anyone else he want.

The problem is that you think that the SCW are weak, yet 4 of their regular members have more power then a supernova. You also think Parallax is weak to has no AOE. That;s totally the opposite

redhotrash
Despotellis took a while to kill his mother because he wanted to take a while. He doesnt infect people one at a time either. Its states hes killed many worlds before. He really needs to only infect 1 person on a ship, then move to the next. By the time the first person even knows hes sick Despotellis will have already infected many ships

Kris Blaze
I don't think you understand Parallax. He isn't just an enemy. He is FEAR!
IF you actually think Parallax only make you paranoid them that just you ignoring what he is. Even in rebirth, he makes people nightmare true, he makes hallucination in you head, he doesn't just give you fear. He manipulates it, he changes, in develops it in so many ways. Characters don't become paranoid, they get attacked by their fear. Look at the scans in Rebirth( I think not sure if it's rebirth), where you see Parallax grow in size as people cower from fear. That's just how it is. I think it's even stated, where ever Parallax goes, fear follows.

Don't forget, Parallax can also take multiple hosts, so anyone tough can be taken out easily.

Do the drones how any emotions, if not, they are robots indeed, if they are anything of a combination, Cyborg will steal their tech. In this FIGHT, SCW has a huge advantage. All these ships, cannons, teleporters, anything that the Annihilation Wave can use, Cyborg can take it for himself. It's been shown over and over, I don't see why it would be different. The fact that he is able to take technology even though it as high tech as the source wall, to something as simple as a chip.
Organic beings mean they will have fears

Again, you are acting as if the enemy knows where he is, he looks exactly like a yellow lantern. Now all of a sudden they know who Parallax is and what he is capable of. Even if they did, he can easily take on multiple hosts.

Except he can take Annihilus, and ones he does, he can do so with anyone else he want.

The problem is that you think that the SCW are weak, yet 4 of their regular members have more power then a supernova. You also think Parallax is weak to has no AOE. That;s totally the opposite
Ignoring what he is? Do you know what the hell fear is? Paranoia is a direct side-effect of fear. Paranoia does not come first, fear comes first. You're claiming that I don't know what fear is, clearly you don't know what it does. What the hell would you call Gardner or the league's behaviour then? Cautious? They were all ridden with paranoia and -distrust- which would naturally cause fighting in their midst. That's all fear. And it could not happen in

You're just not listening here.

- Still there's the ridiculous technopathy argument no expression
- You don't think they get basic knowledge regarding parallax no expression
- You seem to think that the source wall is all technology no expression
- Infant Terrible turns Cyborg superman and Parallax into flowers, navigates a sun around in the sinestro corps killing all of them.

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/FantasticFourAnnual19-14.jpg

xJLxKing
Let's take it your way. If they do become paranoid, there are still different levels. People have killed each other over fear, or should I said because they were paranoid. Either way, fear makes you do something you never thought you would.

What's so ridiculous about it?

There are a few people who know about Parallax

You just proved my point. I already pointed out he can hack, or take over other technology, the fact that he can do it to something that isn't technology just proves how much more options he has.

laughing out loud

WhiteWitchKing
Let's take it your way. If they do become paranoid, there are still different levels. People have killed each other over fear, or should I said because they were paranoid. Either way, fear makes you do something you never thought you would.

What's so ridiculous about it?

There are a few people who know about Parallax

You just proved my point. I already pointed out he can hack, or take over other technology, the fact that he can do it to something that isn't technology just proves how much more options he has.

laughing out loud

So it's agreed then, the A-Wave wins this since xJLxKing can't counter Delinquent reality warping both Parallax and Cyborg.

xJLxKing
So it's agreed then, the A-Wave wins this since xJLxKing can't counter Delinquent reality warping both Parallax and Cyborg.
Like I said, try locating him, he is exactly like a Yellow Lantern. Good luck targeting him when you are experiencing high levels of fear to the point you will attack your own team mate in order to feel more safe. Then there is the fact that your so called technology is taken over. Not to mention all the YL who can blow up a planet easily.

Kris Blaze
Like I said, try locating him, he is exactly like a Yellow Lantern. Good luck targeting him when you are experiencing high levels of fear to the point you will attack your own team mate in order to feel more safe. Then there is the fact that your so called technology is taken over. Not to mention all the YL who can blow up a planet easily.
Show me some of these yellow lanterns wielding anywhere -near- the power required to blow up a planet. They appeared under Johns' pen and when he's writing, a planetary blast takes the collected effort of DC's top lanterns and a technological facility. And that blast takes out Hank for a long time!

Try locating him?

Infant turns all of the Yellow Lanterns into flowers.

xJLxKing
Show me some of these yellow lanterns wielding anywhere -near- the power required to blow up a planet. They appeared under Johns' pen and when he's writing, a planetary blast takes the collected effort of DC's top lanterns and a technological facility. And that blast takes out Hank for a long time!

Try locating him?

Infant turns all of the Yellow Lanterns into flowers.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/3739/sdadkjask.th.jpg
Recreating Oa?
Stopping a Big Bang?
Recreating planets all come to mind

One Yellow lantern teleports to these Infants and kills em

WhiteWitchKing
Recreating Oa?
Stopping a Big Bang?

What Infants are you talking about? You know there's just one right? Also there's nothing to stop the A-Wave from infecting the Yellow Lanterns with those mind control bugs.

Kris Blaze
Recreating Oa?
Stopping a Big Bang?

I don't think you understand quite what they're fighting.

Nor do you seem to understand that any yellow lantern can not do what Kyle Rayner and Hal Jordan struggle. In fact, I'll bet you that Hal or Kyle have the feats that would allow them to kill the entire corps, single-handedly.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>