DC Ares vs Current Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
who wins?

quanchi112
Thor wins.

Prep-Man
Ares.

vansonbee
Ares

The Nuul
Thor wins.

Kris Blaze
Thor hits him in the head with the bloodaxe.

Sasaraixx
Ares.

Omega Vision
Does Thor still have the Odin force?

vansonbee
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Does Thor still have the Odin force? I believe so, but he doesn't display it much on his current series.

quanchi112
Originally posted by vansonbee
Ares What has Ares done that makes you believe he takes this?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
What has Ares done that makes you believe he takes this?
One-shotting Herakles and killing High-Father perhaps.
I'm not saying he's winning but you shouldn't immediately count Ares out.

Peterlane mk11
Thor stomps

quanchi112
One-shotting Herakles and killing High-Father perhaps.
I'm not saying he's winning but you shouldn't immediately count Ares out. He was ready for Izaya and he's done nothing to suggest why that should be impressive. I thought he was recently murdered by WW. Thor's feats crap all over his best.

Omega Vision
He was ready for Izaya and he's done nothing to suggest why that should be impressive. I thought he was recently murdered by WW. Thor's feats crap all over his best.
What about Herakles? He withstood a blast from Gog and was shown to be equal or slightly greater than New Earth Superman in terms of strength. Ares handled him easily.

Kris Blaze
What about Herakles? He withstood a blast from Gog and was shown to be equal or slightly greater than New Earth Superman in terms of strength. Ares handled him easily.
Equal to?

He failed to move the man no expression

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Equal to?

He failed to move the man no expression
Are you talking about Earth-22 Superman? That's different, that guy was much stronger than New Earth Superman.

quanchi112
What about Herakles? He withstood a blast from Gog and was shown to be equal or slightly greater than New Earth Superman in terms of strength. Ares handled him easily. Many other characters withstood blasts from Gog.

Thor chased off Galactus, went rounds with Zeus, stomped the Surfer and Warlock, crushed Pluto and Ares, etc. The guy's too powerful, has phenomenal reflexes/skills, and also has versatility on his side.

gogogadgetgo
didn't ares just get his head cut off?

BruceSkywalker
thor

kgkg
lol one lose against WW and people are shiting on DC Ares wow.

iceman24567
Originally posted by kgkg
What did you expect?

quanchi112
lol one lose against WW and people are shiting on DC Ares wow. What other feats of Ares are there that show off this guy's uberness.

WhiteWitchKing

He had a big lose tho. Dying by a one shot through the skull doesn't really help your rep.

guy222
See Thor at his best coming up

Godblast, Belt of Strength and the return of Odin

Prep-Man
There is more that meets the eye. I doubt Ares is out.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
There is more that meets the eye. I doubt Ares is out. You could be right here. It did seem to be a huge disjustice to the god of war.

Prep-Man
Yeah, Ares didn't do ANYTHING. He just stood there while Diana axed his head off. laughing out loud WTF?!

Batman-Prime
Ares, not that easy but still.

Philosophía
Until some impressive twist is shown..

Gail Simone sucks.

That is all.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Ares, not that easy but still. Based on what showings?

Aztec123
Ares makes thor his new b*tch!

celeyhyga17
Thor 6/10

shiv
Gail Simone is a good writer, when she's not applying fangirl power upgrades to her favorite characters

The WW feat is Pis equal to Spiderman v Firelord.

Kris Blaze
Thor wins via axe to the skull.

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by shiv
Gail Simone is a good writer, when she's not applying fangirl power upgrades to her favorite characters

Will you people calm down. There is obviously more to this story.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by iceman24567
What did you expect?

it's the pathetic way he went down... like serious how did that happen. I always say Ares as a fairly strong god (easily greater than WW).

Lord Feron

maybe not that much... but i would say its something ridiculous like that.

tideoftime
Gail Simone: I "get" where she is going, but she is *dragging* her ass getting there... as a 30+ year fan of Wonder Woman, I am disappointed that WW's first female full-time writer has the skills, but not the implementation, to make things work...

And yes, there is more to Diana killing Ares than meets the eye (he's already showed back up in her bedroom just an issue ago, and you can tell that much of this is part of a bigger plan on his/others' parts)...

But back on Topic: DC Ares vs. Thor is interesting, to say the least, and in general much better matched than the Thor fanbois realize. Circumstance would have a lot to do with who would win (if planning and finesse were involved, then Ares; if it's a sudden, all-out battle to the death, then Thor -- but only marginally, and after a good deal of back and forth. But Thor in that latter case, never-the-less...)

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
Will you people calm down. There is obviously more to this story.

do tell! big grin

iceman24567
But he's dead though erm. Anyway you look at it he got one shot and died eek!

shiv
I might be convinced this feat was legit if I wasn't familliar with Gails shenanigans in B.O.P.

Top Tier MA's suddenly forgetting how to block a punch against Huntress

a prepped Brainiac jobbing hard to Babs.

and Top Tier MA villains fighting like untrained warriors in h2h vs Canary

All writers do this. Frank Miller's Elektra was a fully functioning pis fuelled plot device untill Bullseye's intervention.

Frank Miller at least corrected his error. With Gail Simone hubris reigns supreme.

iceman24567
The whole issue was fairly terrible imo.

tideoftime
To Clarify: I am *not* a Gail Simone fan, by any means; I am (praying) that by giving her the benefit of the doubt, something interesting will come of this. (Sidenote: it disturbs me to think how someone like, say, George Perez, could in literally 3 issues -- #17-19, WW 2nd Series -- say and convey more than what Gail has over the past about 20 or so issues of WW... it's disturbing...)

Now, Gail claimed over in the DC forum-thingy that in about 2 or so issues, things will begin to reveal themselves and make sense...

I'm waiting...

B!tch better have my money, is all I'm sayin'...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Aztec123
Ares makes thor his new b*tch! He's current WW's bich.

r0nm0n88
He's current WW's bich.

well most people would be that willingly

quanchi112
Originally posted by r0nm0n88
well most people would be that willingly Not Thor. Supes even shut her down.

Omega Vision
Not Thor. Supes even shut her down.
Superman was either really insanely loyal to Lois or a complete idiot.

quanchi112
Superman was either really insanely loyal to Lois or a complete idiot. Little bit of both that day.

shiv
Supes can't handle a real woman.

Omega Vision
Supes can't handle a real woman.
Yup, I've never seen why Lois is such a good match for him. Although I don't see him being happy with Maxima and all things considered I'd rather see Wonder Woman with Batman. Something about Superman and Wonder Woman just doesn't sit right with me, they're too similar in personality for it to be interesting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.