Alien Movie Franchise - Aliens on Earth?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bulletproofcour
Re: Alien movie franchise, viz. Alan Dean Foster, Ridley Scott

Is it possible to have a good Alien movie take place on Earth?

For a long time I relished the idea of a storyline where Aliens finally infect Earth and a grand movie battle ensues.

But then I realized it might not be much of a fight. We'd have no problem eradicating Aliens with current military technology.

It would be the same as "What if lions developed a hive instinct and set out to kill all humans in Africa?" Not really a problem. They're still just dumb animals compared to us. Cannot use technology or raise a gun or a bomb to defend themselves.

So I pose the question: Is it possible to have a good Alien movie take place on Earth?

I'm talking full-on scenes like "Alien drones and facehuggers swarm LAX airport, cocooning and implanting 10,000 people while converting the building into a multi-Queen colony, defended by never-before-seen FLYING Aliens who DOGFIGHT with USA fighter jets and spray acid on them."

That might be a good action scene, but it ends after we drop a few J-DAMs on LAX and deploy airborne drones and helicopters to gun down survivor drones. Earth is saved but the movie is only 10 minutes long.

Anyone have more ideas on this?

The Nuul
You can have Chuck Norris as the leading character and solos all of the Aliens with in the first 5 mintues.

steverules_2
Since it's chuck it would be a total win of a film and after all other films would be obsolete as they would not be able to cope with the sheer win that is chuck and the round house kick, five minutes is an insult to chucks skills

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.