Should Resident Evil Have a Fighting Game?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Since Capcom has turned Resident Evil from survival horror to action, I was wondering if maybe there should be a fighter game for Resident Evil. I mean come on, nearly every character in the franchise has so many fighting styles it's ridiculous so why not?

Ms.Marvel
no.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
no.

You know, it would be nice having an explanation these days. Why say no?

Scythe
I wouldn't think so. If they did, it'd turn out like that Castlevania fighting game on the Wii, unless RE want that, then hell no.

The Nuul
Hellz no.

jinXed by JaNx
no. It's already hard enough to take Resident Evil serious anymore.

AsbestosFlaygon
Resident Evil should go back to plain ol' zombies...
None of that Las Plagas shit..

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Scythe
I wouldn't think so. If they did, it'd turn out like that Castlevania fighting game on the Wii, unless RE want that, then hell no.

Hey at least Capcom makes each of their games decent and how would they make it like that piece of crap they call a game (the Castlevania fighting game on Wii I mean)?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

Indeed.

StyleTime
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7338/fd0f4eceff3867d949d6bf4.jpg

Ms.Marvel
do want brunette jill.

XanatosForever
lmao at pyramid head at the bottom center

Ridley_Prime
I didn't really have a problem with the Las Plagas stuff, though I wouldn't mind seeing the old zombies more again too (although, Darkside Chronicles has kinda covered that).

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Hey at least Capcom makes each of their games decent
I disagree when it comes to some stuff like DMC, but to each his own.

Originally posted by XanatosForever
lmao at pyramid head at the bottom center
And Nemesis being on the bottom-right.

Nice pic though, Style. Where'd you find that?

Kazenji

I actually the the Las Plagus idea

can only do so much with Zombies.

Scythe
Hey at least Capcom makes each of their games decent and how would they make it like that piece of crap they call a game (the Castlevania fighting game on Wii I mean)?

You're asking me how Capcom could make a game like the Castlevania Wii fighter...?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
(although, Darkside Chronicles has kinda covered that).

I disagree when it comes to some stuff like DMC, but to each his own.

And Nemesis being on the bottom-right.

Yeah but when are we gonna fight those zombies in RE4-like gameplay instead of rail shooting?

Don't bring that up! I'm a fan to Capcom and it hurts knowing that there's one franchise out there that makes Capcom look bad sad

Pyramid Head would make an interesting bonus character and why the heck am I at the bottom? I'm calling my agent.

That is a nice pic though.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Kazenji
I actually the the Las Plagus idea

can only do so much with Zombies.
Oh yeah. This too.

Also, is the one at the top-right supposed to be Battle Suit Jill?
Just checking. Regardless, I too prefer brunette Jill over her any day.

---------

edit: Didn't see the above post at first.

Yeah but when are we gonna fight those zombies in RE4-like gameplay instead of rail shooting?
Oh, good point..

Rail shooting's not necessarily a bad thing though. Just kinda awkward to play at home as opposed to the arcades. At least for me.

Don't bring that up! I'm a fan to Capcom and it hurts knowing that there's one franchise out there that makes Capcom look bad sad
Point taken. Won't mention it again then...

Pyramid Head would make an interesting bonus character and why the heck am I at the bottom? I'm calling my agent.

That is a nice pic though.
laughing out loud

Agreed.

Nemesis X
Also, is the one at the top-right supposed to be Battle Suit Jill?
Just checking. Regardless, I too prefer brunette Jill over her any day.

Oh, good point..

Rail shooting's not necessarily a bad thing though. Just kinda awkward to play at home as opposed to the arcades. At least for me.

Point taken. Won't mention it again then...

laughing out loud

Agreed.

Jill with brunette hair is one of the things that made her awesome and having her with long blonde hair makes her look like...well...put a nurse outfit on her and she'll look like Harley Quinn from Arkham Asylum.

I admit that rail shooting is sometimes fun but in Resident Evil? That was both unexpected and surprisingly fun but still it was mostly the RE4 gameplay that drew in a lot of fans to like it even more.

Good, I appreciate that.

Do agree on pyramid head making a good bonus character on a Resident Evil fighting game or that picture looking nice?

Ridley_Prime
The picture looking nice was what I was mainly referring to stick out tongue, though I don't see why Pyramid Head wouldn't make a good bonus character, so I guess I agree with that too.

Ridley_Prime
And just to clarify my actual opinion on the thread topic..

As I said earlier in a PM, I could kinda see something like this happening in the future, especially due to the increased focus on melee attacks in the recent games of the series like RE5. The physical moves and team combos were basically an essential in order to do well in mercs mode too and had a couple achievements revolved around them, so an RE fighting game probably wouldn't be too much of a stretch at this point. And based on that pic posted in this thread, it looks like it would have a decent sized roster as well. Not too big, not too small, but just right.

Darth Jello
Yes. They should put it out exlcusively for the Wii, have the most ****ed up, soul calibur clone engine, bad voice acting, and character designs that look nothing like the characters they're supposed to be designed by someone who's had no experience or connection on the series. Then you should make the few characters available more or less unlocked during the course of the game, make the only unlockables pointless costume accessories, and fill the 1 player game full of occasional, annoying, overpowered boss fights against generic, giant creatures.

You know, cause that game plan worked so well for Konami.

Sin_Volvagia
A Resident Evil fighting game? Seriously?

That's almost as bad as a God of War racing game.

XanatosForever
God of War: Chariot Battles

Actually, beyond the absurdity of it, it could be kind of cool. laughing

S_D_J
They could keep adding them like bonus characters (like Marvel vs Capcom's Jill)

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia

....a God of War racing game.

And you can now take credit for the idea when the game comes out just by quoting yourself. (don't expect remuneration though)

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Scythe
I wouldn't think so. If they did, it'd turn out like that Castlevania fighting game on the Wii, unless RE want that, then hell no. that 'would' be valid.. but it would be capcom doing the RE fighter if anything.. so I dont really think it would be that bad

the only troubling thing would be to find out how to make it unique

The Nuul
If anything, they should just and 2-4 of the main characters in Super Smash Bros or a Capcom Vs and thats it.

Alpha Centauri
Regarding the "Las Plagas shit", Leon beat Krauser.

We're expected to believe he will have trouble with the shambling undead? Resident Evil has been better than ever since 4 in more good ways than bad.

I'm not against bringing them back in the right environment and right story, but not as a sole/main enemy.

Anyway, I don't think this would work as a fighting game at all. There's just not enough for it.

-AC

StyleTime

I drew it myself. If you don't buy that then...

I honestly don't remember where I found it. I have a lot of random pictures saved on my computer.

It was probably an imageboard like one of the various -chans or -boorus. Most likely one of the -boorus.

Ridley_Prime
laughing out loud Fair 'nuff. Well that is interesting nonetheless.

SaTsuJiN
I dont think its about 'not having enough'.. you just have to come up with a unique system.. because its going to boil down to either people wanting a skill based tournament worthy fighter.. or something like smash : brawl where its a party game meant for nothing more than having fun with crazy antics

for example, they could take the castlevania wii fighters style (I honestly didnt think it was such a bad game.. it just needed more time for the system to work, and to balance some of the characters) and put things like green herbs and handguns , etc all over the map.. they could turn it into a 'versus FPS' where each character has a special ability..and the enemies are scattered around the map to hinder the players.. or they could make it a straight up 1v1 fighter in a marvel vs capcom 2 jill style, where they're throwing zombies and such at eachother...

Overdose
I sure hope not. An FG for RE would really suck.

Sin_Volvagia
Yeah, we don't need someone else having a fist fight between a Tyrant.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Yes. They should put it out exlcusively for the Wii, have the most ****ed up, soul calibur clone engine, bad voice acting, and character designs that look nothing like the characters they're supposed to be designed by someone who's had no experience or connection on the series. Then you should make the few characters available more or less unlocked during the course of the game, make the only unlockables pointless costume accessories, and fill the 1 player game full of occasional, annoying, overpowered boss fights against generic, giant creatures.

You know, cause that game plan worked so well for Konami.

Then again, this might work for Capcom. Konami had a failed strategy with the release of Castlevania 64/Legacy of Darkness which they've now successfully repeated for pretty much every MGS game.

Kazenji
Well i know Jill Valentine has been in a fighting game

Marvel vs capcom 2.

SaTsuJiN
yep.. and she had slightly joke moves... and she was still fairly good.. which is why an RE FG can work

Sin_Volvagia
It's still a terrible idea

Ridley_Prime
Based on?

Sin_Volvagia
Based on?

It's either going to be a rip off of MvC2 or just be a big striker fest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.